Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Your Favorite Will & Grace Episodes

DL, let’s discuss our favorite Will & Grace episodes! I actually don’t want to focus on the drama of the actors behind the scenes but the actual episodes themselves.

My favorite episodes are the ones from the early years before Leo. The pop references and writing were just amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 22, 2024 4:35 AM

The spelling bee one, just because the deep-voiced gay man who gives the words ("taffeta") and the sample sentences ("I like taffeta") is so funny.

by Anonymousreply 1August 23, 2024 12:33 AM

The Cher episode for me.

by Anonymousreply 2August 23, 2024 12:37 AM

I just watched Lows in The Mid-Eighties last night and had forgotten how poignant and hilarious it was. It was the episode where Will and Grace tell the story of how Will finally came out as gay to her when they kept trying to have sex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 23, 2024 12:39 AM

The Thanksgiving episode where everyone made Jack come out to his mom.

Karen asking, "She doesn't know? What is she, headless?" Then Karen getting enraged when she finds out Jack had been telling his mom that Grace was his girlfriend and not Karen. She was so offended by the fact that she couldn't be the woman in Jack's lie life.

Such great writing and acting in that episode.

by Anonymousreply 4August 23, 2024 1:18 AM

The episode where the cute neighbor moved into the building and invited Will and Grace over, with both of them thinking they were on a date with the guy.

My favorite line was when Will admired a statue the neighbor had, and the neighbor said he got it in Mombassa.

Will. nodding his head: "Ah, Mombassa."

Grace: "When were you in Mombassa, Will? Was it two weeks ago...or...NEVER?"

by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2024 1:24 AM

R5 To this day, whenever we're in the presence of some pretentious douche bag person, my friends and I will stroke our chins, nod, and say, "Ah, Mombassa."

by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2024 1:25 AM

Any episode with Beverly Leslie.

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2024 1:32 AM

I like the ones with John Cleese… I want to plow you like a Calgary driveway at Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2024 1:33 AM

I also liked the one where Will was dating Patrick Dempsey who was a Masc4masc sportscaster. I loved how Will broke it off because he wouldn’t come out to his bigoted boss. And then Jack walked in with the boss’s son on his arms…and he was some effeminate twink.

by Anonymousreply 9August 23, 2024 1:39 AM

I really wish they would have brought Patrick Dempsey back as a love interest for Will later in the series. He’s the only guy on the show that ever had any chemistry with McCormick and seemed believable as a romantic partner for Will

by Anonymousreply 10August 23, 2024 1:48 AM

I like the one with Mira Sorvino as Diane, the only woman Will has ever slept with. Grace can't contain her jealousy, while Karen keeps trying to hit on Diane.

by Anonymousreply 11August 23, 2024 1:52 AM

The episode where Karen went to the swim meet to watch her stepkids compete and threw the celery from her Bloody Mary into the pool.

by Anonymousreply 12August 23, 2024 1:53 AM

There’s two later season episodes I enjoy:

1.) Fanilow- Will waits in line for Barry Manilow tickets with fellow Fanilow Sara Gilbert. I love this exchange between Karen and Sara’s character:

KAREN: So you and Barry are lovers?

CHERYL: God, no. I wish! I've never even met him. But he has brought me to climax more times than any other man.

2.) One Gay at a Time-Grace joins AA for free therapy and pastries, featuring Molly Shannon as Will and Grace’s lunatic neighbor Val. I love this scene at the AA meeting:

KAREN: Attention, weaklings! This woman is a fraud. She's not an alcoholic.

VAL: Of course she is. If that's not a booze face, I don't know what is.

GRACE: [QUIETLY] Karen, get out of here.

KAREN: Grace, I am trying to help you. The first step is admitting that you don't have a problem. Come on, Grace, let's go.

VAL: She's staying! She's a horrible, horrible drunk.

KAREN: The only thing that's horrible about Grace is her hair and her clothes.

VAL: I know, it's like there no safe place to rest your eyes. She's staying!

KAREN: [WHILE PULLING GRACE OUT OF HER CHAIR] She's going!

VAL: [WHILE PULLING GRACE BACK INTO HER CHAIR] She is staying!

KAREN: [PULLING GRACE] She is going!

VAL: [PULLING GRACE] She is staying!

KAREN: [PULLING GRACE] She is going!

VAL: Accept the things you cannot change, bitch!

[KAREN PULLS A CORKSCREW OUT OF HER PURSE AND HOLDS IT UP TO VAL.]

KAREN: Time to pay the corkage fee, crazy.

by Anonymousreply 13August 23, 2024 2:02 AM

"The Young and the Tactless" and "The Last of the Really Odd Lovers" are my favorite episodes.

Will and Grace are embarrassed by their odd love interests. Grace dates slobby, sloppy Nathan (Woody Harrelson) and Will is dating a much younger video store clerk. They promise to dump them. Also features the great Ellen Albertini Dow in one of the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 14August 23, 2024 3:17 AM

When George’s mother caught him…and said using your body like an amusement park

by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2024 3:30 AM

Matt Damon pretends to be gay so he can go on a trip with the Gay Men’s Chorus. He and Jack have it out. Jack uses Grace as a ploy to seduce him, outing him as straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2024 3:37 AM

In a twist of fate, I've been watching the first season this past week as I haven't seen these in over 20 years.

I think the first season is the best as I didn't care for any of W. & Grace's boyfriends.

Who hired those buffoons? They had no chemistry with the two leads evah.

That meathead they put with Will in the last half was the worst for me.

by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2024 5:42 AM

I have to admit I liked the episode where Karen moved in with Madonna, with Madonna continually saying, "Cut to me!"

by Anonymousreply 18August 23, 2024 10:35 AM

Another clip from the Matt Damon episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2024 12:09 PM

My least favorite is the Leo era. I like Harry Connick Jr., but those seasons clunked. Maybe it’s because I couldn’t see what man would want to be with Grace.

by Anonymousreply 20August 23, 2024 12:16 PM

The ones with Molly Shannon were also hilarious

by Anonymousreply 21August 23, 2024 12:18 PM

Ironically there’s an episode where Karen is about to get married and Jennifer Lopez (playing herself) is about to give her marriage advice then says “oh, who am I kidding?”

Oh, Jenny….

by Anonymousreply 22August 23, 2024 12:26 PM

Sharon Stone as Will’s therapist was good too.

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2024 12:34 PM

Madonna was the weakest guest star. She can’t act at all.

by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2024 12:45 PM

R20 Connick shouldn’t try to act. He was in a few SVU episodes and he brought nothing to the series.

by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2024 12:48 PM

The episode where Will and Grace go to Sandra Bernhard’s open house and accidentally bid on her apartment is amazing.

Grace: “I have $100 in my bank account, and 75 of that is earmarked for a Belgian wax tomorrow.”

Will: “What’s a Belgian wax?”

Grace: “It’s just a plain old wax, but it hurts so much I treat myself to a waffle afterwards.”

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2024 1:20 PM

The episode where Will and Jack buy a house in the 'burbs in an area Jack mistakenly believes is an up and coming gay enclave. When the mistake is discovered they are worried the neighbors will be homophobic and make their lives hell, but the reverse happens: the neighbors are so excited to have gays move into the area (because they expect it will make their house prices skyrocket) that they smother them in casseroles and only turn mean when Will and Jack try to sell.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2024 1:41 PM

R27 I love that one too. They have something thrown through the window, thinking its a brick, but it's a fresh loaf of banana bread or something.

by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2024 1:59 PM

The "flipping dykes" episode was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2024 2:01 PM

Heart Like a Wheelchair but only for the beginning. She's rattling her lines a mile a minute and, each time, she changes it until it makes no sense.

The Ben episode where he cooks in Will's apartment and has a tap dance-off with Jack.

by Anonymousreply 30August 23, 2024 2:11 PM

I love how they introduced Debbie R. & Molly S. in season 1 but Will's brother was a big 2 parter dud.

I can't believe they cast him in the role.

it was the start of the downhill collapse.

Will & Grace's two dull friends (Rob & Karen?) were also not needed. I liked Kai (& the Asian girlfriend (that they tried to sneak out with to fun stuff) better.

by Anonymousreply 31August 24, 2024 5:04 AM

Das Boob, with the leaking HydraBra.

“I haven’t been with a woman in some time, but I’m pretty sure they’re not supposed to do that!”

by Anonymousreply 32August 24, 2024 5:15 AM

And Will, always light a match after poo pee doos.

by Anonymousreply 33August 24, 2024 5:32 AM

Not a specific episode per se, but I love the scenes where Karen goes undercover as Anastasia Beaverhausen.

by Anonymousreply 34August 24, 2024 9:02 AM

Any episode where the bartender Smitty told a horribly tragic tale about something that happened in his life and Karen would burst into hysterical laughter after hearing it.

by Anonymousreply 35August 24, 2024 11:27 AM

DL fave Glenn Close played an Annie Liebowitz type photographer

Jack imitating Cher to her face.

Beverley Leslie was solid gold “Karen Walker….I thought I smelled gin and regret.” Karen’s barbs at him were great “Baby Gap”. “Keebler Elf”

by Anonymousreply 36August 24, 2024 3:36 PM

Das Boob is one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 37August 24, 2024 3:55 PM

Leslie Jordan was the best guest star the show had. He’s missed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 24, 2024 4:30 PM

R36

Karen: “I wish a handsome man would visit me at the office.”

Bev: “Well, Well, Well…”

Karen: “Instead, I get the world’s oldest girl.”

by Anonymousreply 39August 24, 2024 4:35 PM

R36 I somehow missed the Glenn Close episode so I need to seek that one out!

by Anonymousreply 40August 25, 2024 12:44 PM

R40 It's great. Will and Grace win a raffle that gives them a free photo session with Glenn, a famous photographer. And during the shoot, Glenn gets all coked up and tries to molest Will.

by Anonymousreply 41August 25, 2024 2:33 PM

R41

After ripping open Grace’s jeans:

Glenn: “Oh, you’re Jewish.”

Grace: “How can you tell???”

Glenn: “Cheap underwear!”

by Anonymousreply 42August 25, 2024 2:40 PM

Glenn Close highlights…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 25, 2024 4:50 PM

The Matt Damon episode is the best, but also loved the Michael Douglas one where he’s a cop in love with Will. The gay club dance scene is a riot.

by Anonymousreply 44August 25, 2024 6:00 PM

Why do I not remember Grace’s too sensitive boyfriend Josh played by Corey Parker? He’s adorable and has a nice hairy chest to boot.

by Anonymousreply 45September 9, 2024 7:37 AM

The episode where those faggot boys get Matthew Shepherded on a fence.

by Anonymousreply 46September 9, 2024 7:45 AM

R46 is Beverly Leslie.

by Anonymousreply 47September 9, 2024 7:48 AM

The Thanksgiving Episode where Vince's sister comes out as a lesbian and Karen and Grace fight over an underage guido was hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 48September 9, 2024 7:57 AM

The one where Will and Grace set up Tina (Will's dad's mistress) up with their friend and she has no idea he is gay and likes that he cuts her food.

by Anonymousreply 49September 9, 2024 9:07 AM

The show debuted today back in 1998! September 21, 1998!

by Anonymousreply 50September 21, 2024 5:25 PM

Wow R50. I was 18. Just on the precipice of life.

God how depressing!

An episode I love: The one where Scott Woolly (sp?) tries to take control of Stan's company by tricking Karen into doing illegal stuff (can't remember exactly how). And it all goes according to plan, except when it's time to have the Board vote out Karen, she reminds them all of their dirty little secrets she knows and will reveal once she's ousted. They suddenly take her side.

by Anonymousreply 51September 22, 2024 4:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!