Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vanessa Williams reveals she ended her 6-year marriage in 2021: ‘I’m in love with life’

How long before we hear that she’s in a relationship with a woman?

Vanessa Williams revealed that she quietly ended her six-year marriage to businessman Jim Skrip in 2021. The 61-year-old actor opened up on Wednesday about her divorce.

“I’m doing what I love, and I’m in love with life,” Williams told People. “There is not one person that I’m in love with, but I’m in love with everybody.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2024 6:15 AM

Looks her age. How does this happen?

by Anonymousreply 1August 22, 2024 2:03 AM

Oh, honey, Vanessa Williams - what a gem. She just quietly ended her marriage? I can’t even *quietly* end a conversation at a dinner party without causing a scene, let alone a marriage! But that’s Vanessa for you - classy, graceful, and always with that touch of elegance. She ends a marriage like she’s wrapping up a Broadway revue. Just a little bow, and she’s on to the next FABULOUS chapter.

But, let’s talk about this whole “I’m in love with life” business. I mean, can you blame her? When you’re Vanessa Williams, *of course* you’re in love with life! She’s a walking, talking, singing, dancing sensation. She’s Miss FUCKING America, she’s Broadway royalty, and she’s got more talent in her little finger than most of us have in our entire bodies. If I were Van, I’d be enraptured with life too. I’d be in love with the air I breathe, the shoes I wear, the champagne I sip!

And as for being in love with everybody else? Oh, I adore that! It’s like she’s saying, “Darlings, I’m not settling for just one person - I’m spreading that love far and wide!” Van’s out here sprinkling love like glitter at Studio 54, and I am HERE for it. Icon!

So salut to you, queen. You’ve got it all figured out. Love life, love everybody, and most importantly, love YOURSELF. Because at the end of the day, that’s the real showstopper, darling. That’s the headliner! Brava!

by Anonymousreply 2August 22, 2024 2:12 AM

[quote]Skrip was a successful accountant and real estate agent before meeting Williams

I'm more inclined to believe he lied about his finances, and she got tired of funding him.

He's no Rick Fox in the looks department.

by Anonymousreply 3August 22, 2024 2:18 AM

Loved her and Rick Fox together. What a gorgeous couple.

by Anonymousreply 4August 22, 2024 2:18 AM

Love her.

by Anonymousreply 5August 22, 2024 3:57 AM

Her new dance album comes out this Friday.

by Anonymousreply 6August 22, 2024 4:40 AM

This woman is just beautiful. 61 years old and all.

by Anonymousreply 7August 22, 2024 5:28 AM

Well she seemed to enjoy sniffing that chick's butt in those pictures back in the day, so maybe it's time she went back to the lady pond...

by Anonymousreply 8August 22, 2024 6:08 AM

went back r8? probably never left😆

by Anonymousreply 9August 22, 2024 8:35 AM

Love this woman, and have been fortunate to hang out with her a few times through a mutual friend (who sadly has since passed away). She is as warm and kind and unpretentious as they come.

And i greatly admire that she has not gone down the cosmetic surgery path and allow herself to age gracefully. Pure class.

by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2024 4:53 PM

Whether she gave up the crown or not, no one can ever take away the fact she is the first black woman who WON the Miss America title.

Whenever they speak of how gorgeous Beyonce is, I always think she's nothing compared to Vanessa.

by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2024 6:01 PM

R11 I think Bey is just as pretty as Vanessa Williams she just manicures herself to look like how Vanessa looks naturally with the light eyes. Beyonce has naturally golden brown hair but she bleaches her eyebrows and of course the blonde hair, lace front weaves. Bey has fave is perfectly symmetrical and she is so danty looking it makes her beautiful. Vanessa looks more European with the blue eyes and dark blonde hair. They are both beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2024 7:16 PM

Translation: My vadge dried-up so my husband traded me in for a newer model.

by Anonymousreply 13August 22, 2024 9:24 PM

R13. I've seen pictures of the latest ex hubby. She can do better. He was lucky to be with her.

by Anonymousreply 14August 23, 2024 1:35 AM

She reminds me of Minnie Riperton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2024 2:05 AM

She went and saved the best for last.

by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2024 2:17 AM

Sail on silver sister.

by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2024 2:29 AM

Did she let the family stay in her house, and the family fucked her husband?

by Anonymousreply 18August 23, 2024 2:54 AM

WHET Rick Fox?

Is he still hot?

by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2024 3:07 AM

I always got lezzies vibes from her. I see Vanessa with a butch woman her age or a fling with a hot younger womsn

by Anonymousreply 20August 23, 2024 4:14 AM

Crude, baseless speculation. Vanessa is a woman of class, talent, and dignity; not some cheap caricature for you to dissect with your filthy innuendos. Suggesting she’s involved in some tawdry fling with a “butch” woman or a younger plaything is nothing but pure, unadulterated fantasy. She deserves respect, not your repugnant slander. Keep your imaginary, small-minded gossip to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 21August 23, 2024 4:19 AM

I love Vanessa, too, R21. But to be fair, there are those pictures of her in bondage gear sniffing that chick's butt, so...

by Anonymousreply 22August 23, 2024 5:52 AM

Ty r22

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2024 6:10 AM

Pepperidge Farm never forgets… her critics.

by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2024 6:15 AM

She.is looking very butch in the photo.

by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2024 6:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!