Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Doug Emhoff nails his DNC speech.

Love this guy!

by Anonymousreply 37August 29, 2024 8:32 PM

What flavor was the Kool-Aid, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2024 2:42 AM

R1: Cole Emhoff flavored. Jealous, bitch?

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2024 2:46 AM

He sure skipped over nannygate real fast.

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2024 2:46 AM

He was very funny.

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2024 2:46 AM

I'd snuggle between him and Tim. Maybe makeout a little.

by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2024 2:48 AM

Sorry to break it to you, R3, but you're not happening. Go obsess over Timothy Chalamet, that's more up to your speed.

by Anonymousreply 6August 21, 2024 2:49 AM

He comes off as very charming, especially when he acknowledges his former wife in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 7August 21, 2024 7:01 PM

I have way MORE former wives than him!!!

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2024 7:09 PM

Not quite nailed. A little too much teleprompter following. But competent.

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2024 7:19 PM

R9 Smell you...

by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2024 7:37 PM

Is the stuff MAGA is saying about 1) his daughter and 2) his former nanny, true? Or is this just more of their Eric Swalwell “fang fang” shit?

by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2024 7:40 PM

A big surprise for me... I'd always seen him as a little uncomfortable. But he was funny, warm, relatable... I loved his parodying his own voice when he left her the first voicemail.

It's astonishing how pitch-perfect the whole campaign is so far.

by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2024 7:51 PM

It was jarring how much he looked like his son when he was young. Jewish guys do not age well.

by Anonymousreply 13August 21, 2024 8:34 PM

The loving husband who knocked up his nanny. The good Jew who married out of his faith twice, did not raise his kids as Jews and made a Woody Allenesque crack about Granny's plastic covered furniture..

I have no problem with him, but I thought his performance was pandering and calculated. Their marriage is their business.

No idea what the gossip is about his daughter. The nanny story has not been denied.

by Anonymousreply 14August 21, 2024 9:42 PM

Hi, Defacto @R14! How's drinking going?

by Anonymousreply 15August 21, 2024 9:49 PM

The story about his daughter is that she’s trans. Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2024 9:50 PM

I'm sure you're ready to tell us, R16, unless you have a DoorDash delivery to attend to.

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2024 9:51 PM

Not Defacto. God forbid. I saw a phony performance designed to portray him as a great guy and maybe he is for Kamala, but the evidence for his being a good husband prior to Kamala and a good Jew is sparse. As I said, I couldn't care less about who the First Gentleman is. I'm still voting for kamala.

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2024 9:57 PM

So, apparently he did have an affair with the nanny that ended his first marriage but there was never any pregnancy involved.

And the daughter is cis gendered.

MAGA really is grasping at straws. They’re nasty.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2024 10:26 PM

She was pregnant and miscarried. The Murdoch story did the heavy lifting on the story but CBS had two confirmations that the nanny miscarried.

I don't care what Ellie's birth gender is and I expect politicians to burnish their image and adopt an air of being religious when they are not. I don't expect to fall in love with my politicians. i want them to pass and vote for good legislation.

I made my comment because I thought Doug was laying it on a bit too thick. But that's what pols do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2024 11:35 PM

🎶 Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...🎶

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2024 11:42 PM

What's the big deal? Men are supposed to bang the nanny!

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2024 11:43 PM

Nannygate made no sense. She was not their nanny. He didn’t know Kamala at the time. He and his wife were separated when it happened. His marriage ended in divorce. He remained friends with his wife and remained an involved father. Years later he met Kamala. The ex wife has never said a bad word about him and there are photos of the ex wife and Kamala together at graduations and Sunday dinners over many years. He hasn’t denied it. His ex wife verifies that the marriage had issues and they were apart at the time. Biden’s team knew about this 4 years ago and considered it a nothing burger.

It still is. I don’t see any scandal here. A workaholic lawyer had a marriage on the rocks. He screwed a teacher who worked at his daughter’s school. Dumb choice. But there’s nothing to see here. If this and Willie Brown is all they could cook up then Kamala is practically a nun.

What was the scandal supposed to be?

by Anonymousreply 23August 22, 2024 12:11 AM

R23 I think Doug's Nannygate is the 2024 version of 2020's "OMG Joe Biden sniffed an intern's hair!!" faux outrage by the MAGA crowd. For some reason those supposedly heinous crimes are supposed to distract us from their convicted felon cult leader's crimes and misdemeanors.

by Anonymousreply 24August 22, 2024 12:19 AM

Agreed, R24. And they’re also twisting it. On social media, they keep referring to it as “nannygate” and “the Dems always have a nannygate again” referring to Clinton’s SCOTUS nomination of Judge Kimba Wood in the ‘90s, of all things. That seems quaint compared to this current SCOTUS lineup. And then there’s all these requests for more information and a number supposedly for the National Enquirer’s tip line - all of it suggesting something much darker. They don’t even call it a miscarriage, they say it was an abortion of the nanny’s baby, etc. saying “he killed a baby because of this,” etc. Total nutters.

by Anonymousreply 25August 22, 2024 4:02 AM

The delicious, salty tears of desperate trolls.

by Anonymousreply 26August 22, 2024 4:03 AM

"Men are supposed to bang the nanny!"

And the maids!

by Anonymousreply 27August 22, 2024 4:12 AM

What do they give these guys who are suddenly thrust into the public? Beta blockers? What if somebody suddenly develops stage fright?

by Anonymousreply 28August 22, 2024 6:46 AM

Haha I was thinking the same thing watching this. So many speakers last night were speaking for the first time in front of such a massive audience. I didn’t see one person blush. I didn’t hear one voice crack. Nobody froze. Nobody made a mess. I’m mad jealous. I don’t think I could do it.

by Anonymousreply 29August 22, 2024 9:31 AM

I would completely freak out if I had to speak in front of 100 million people for the first time in my life, R29. And I am a teacher used to audiences.

by Anonymousreply 30August 22, 2024 1:45 PM

r28, they rehearse and are coached within an inch of their lives

by Anonymousreply 31August 22, 2024 2:55 PM

"What if somebody suddenly develops stage fright?"

I'm always amazed how people with no experience can suddenly work an entire arena like that.

by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2024 8:41 PM

Stage fright is a well-known phenomenon's that can suddenly hit even very experienced actors (like Lawrence Olivier per his owns admission). They must have a plan for that.

by Anonymousreply 33August 24, 2024 3:39 PM

I saw a clip yesterday of Kamala explaining how to give a speech to some young women. She said you should pretend you are on the Titanic as it's sinking, and you need to communicate important information to the other passengers. I'm sure she has other tips and tricks she would have relayed to Doug.

by Anonymousreply 34August 24, 2024 3:51 PM

I saw that, it was great, the girls were fangirlling super hard too

by Anonymousreply 35August 24, 2024 3:54 PM

Doug is out on the campaign trail on his own - and he's able to draw a bigger crowd than JD Vance! 😂 He's an excellent speaker, too.

You will never see either of the Repug spouses out there being this supportive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 29, 2024 8:25 PM

Granted Repug spouses are mail order brides but, yes.

by Anonymousreply 37August 29, 2024 8:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!