Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is it normal to sometimes not like your dog ?

My rescue dog is my like. I love her.

But once in a while....I hate her.

I don't ever hit her or anything like that.

But every so often she just tries my patience.

Is this normal?

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2024 5:26 AM

OP here oops...."my life"

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2024 8:26 PM

It's not normal to invent pets so people on a chat board will talk to you.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2024 8:29 PM

Is it a rescue dog?

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2024 8:30 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2024 8:31 PM

Totally normal. Is it a personality thing or a case of one too many stains on the carpet? How old is your dog?

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2024 8:34 PM

It's also normal to feel that way towards your children.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2024 8:39 PM

OP, who hurt you? Get help!

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2024 8:43 PM

Like a Welsh Terrier that comes to you with a delightful shiny auburn coat only to age into a bland tan that doesn’t go with any of your upholstery?

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2024 8:44 PM

It's also normal for a dog to feel the same way about their "parent".

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2024 9:06 PM

Is it normal to hate your partner once in awhile? If the answer is yes, then it’s the same with your fur baby. Sometimes they just get on your nerves or don’t behave as you wish. Just remember that they’re animals afterall, even humans don’t behave themselves a lot of the times. Sometimes, they don’t know what they’re doing wrong. Be patient and give them positive reinforcement. At the end of the day, they are your forever family, and love conquers all.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2024 9:14 PM

"Fur baby"? R10 has outed herself as the crazy cat lady from "The Simpsons."

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2024 9:23 PM

No but it's normal to get annoyed at them.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2024 9:36 PM

It’s difficult living with a pet who insists they “get” FLW’s Usonian esthetic - especially when they’re yapping “paradigm”.

It’s been a long day, Ms. Chandelier, and I just want to get my drink on. Perhaps you could save the faux deep shit for someone else and take your wrinkly stink star out of my face…

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2024 9:39 PM

From a noted dog trainer: When your dog acts in a contrary manner, the dog is not disobeying you; it's expressing fear, illness, anxiety or some other condition that needs to be examined. Just remind yourself of this the next time it happens. Dogs are a gift we have for far too short a time.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2024 9:58 PM

R12 is right.

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2024 10:11 PM

Fuck, yes.

We just got the Dennis The Menace of puppies.

He's adorable but he can be such a stubborn asshole sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 16August 21, 2024 2:19 AM

Fuck around and find out OP.

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2024 2:26 AM

I love my dog we’re best friends but when I carefully-gently-as-I-can groom him he acts like I’m some stranger trying to kill him-it’s awful and the older he gets the worse he gets,oy.

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2024 2:36 AM

HINT: You’re really a cat person.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2024 3:26 AM

My dog came from a bad situation and had been past around from several owners,abandoned just awful, so I let him do what he wants.He still gets stressed when he goes to the vet-just detests that but home vet visits here are three times as much!

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2024 4:51 AM

I give her a bath when I feel a bit angry at her.

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2024 5:04 AM

Losing patience is not “hate.” Are you ok?

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2024 5:19 AM

I love my dog to bits, she's my friend and bodyguard. No one fucks with my goody girl.

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2024 5:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!