Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Many of the worst people I can think of are influencers who want to market personal brands

Gwyneth Paltrow. Blake Lively. Meghan Markle. Amanda Chantal Bacon. Reese Witherspoon.

And, most of all, Donald Trump.

Some of them, like Gwyneth, have said that being an influencer is much more important to them than her actual ostensible job (which in her case was being an actor, though she's almost entirely given that up).

Why is this so important to them? Even though some people can get extremely rich doing this (like the Olsen twins, who actually are not bad people--just terribly fucked-up), I'm not sure that it actually does make people more money than their original jobs. It seems like it speaks more to their egos--as if they are deeply insecure and need to know other people do what they tell them to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2024 10:55 AM

I'm very close to signing and endorsement deal with Lume.

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2024 7:10 PM

It is an easy job where they can make a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2024 7:22 PM

If these are the worst people you know, OP, you are very fortunate.

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2024 7:29 PM

That's right, influencers are truly the worst people in the world by far!

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2024 7:42 PM

[quote] I'm very close to signing and endorsement deal with Lume.

Oh Toots, you'd better go with Mando. Lume could never handle the stench coming off that coochiepop.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2024 7:46 PM

Thinking Donald Trump is one of the worst people I know of makes me very fortunate? Okay.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2024 7:53 PM

You lumped Trump in with Amanda Chantal Bacon. Concern trolling and false equivalencies at their finest. You're a clown.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2024 7:56 PM

the influencer culture is purified distilled narcisissm and it's the most evil thing happening in the entire world. it's worse than genocide because mass human psychology may never recover, younger generations are being turned into fucking demons. imagine if mr. rogers and big bird came on tv and told little timmy to hustle and get the bag and told little suzy to bust her pussy open for cashapp donations. that's what is happening now.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2024 7:57 PM

[quote] You lumped Trump in with Amanda Chantal Bacon. Concern trolling and false equivalencies at their finest. You're a clown.

I guess I'll make an exception and include you in this category too.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2024 8:41 PM

Beyoncé Breaks Into the Whisky Business With Texas-Inspired Moët Hennessy Launch

Beyoncé is the latest star to break into the lucrative alcohol business. The Grammy-winning singer announced today the launch of a brand new American whisky under the LVMH-owned spirits company Moët Hennessy, called SirDavis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2024 10:53 PM

It’s a great gig for actresses as they get older.

by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2024 12:19 AM

Jello and anything she promotes, most recently alcohol, and her revived/torpedoed rship with Baffleck.

by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2024 10:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!