Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What did you have for Breakfast?

I had two poached eggs prepared in my new handy, dandy microwave egg poacher by Kicofit from Amazon. $8.99 well spent.

One slice of Rustik Oven Sourdough bread toasted with some butter. This brand of sourdough is very good.

A cup of coffee with Starbucks Zero Sugar Caramel Macchiato creamer. Least chemically tasting sugar free creamer I've found. I know they all are made with a ton of crap ingredients, but this one has much less crap and a shorter ingredients list.

by Anonymousreply 78September 8, 2024 3:54 PM

Toast with peanut butter and tea.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2024 2:46 PM

Is there a law against saying "poached eggs on toast & coffee", OP?

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2024 2:57 PM

I'm home today....bowl of muesli and Greek yogurt with a cut up peach, cut up banana, and some raspberries. After I had a cherry fruit pocket (pastie) from the bakery I went to yesterday morning.

I'm on my third (and final) cup of coffee.

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2024 3:01 PM

coffee, a cigarette and zoloft. breakfast of champions

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2024 3:02 PM

Strawberries, unsweetened almond milk, Oikos triple zero vanilla yogurt, spoon of no added sugar peanut butter blended into a smoothie. Delish and protein packed.

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2024 3:02 PM

Steel cut oats with vanilla and cinnamon, topped with berries and almonds, prepared in my new Instant Pot

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2024 3:05 PM

Chickpea stew (Cheta Makan's recipe) with a dollop of sour cream, with basmati rice.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2024 3:05 PM

Two pieces of buttered, toasted Italian bread, one Chobani blueberry yogurt, glass of spicy tomato juice, and about 15 boiled peanuts (the big fat ones).

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2024 3:05 PM

I ate this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2024 3:13 PM

Nothing. I’m not a fat fuck like you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2024 3:16 PM

2 ham and Swiss rollups, macadamia nuts, raspberries and a nectarine. About an hour later the savory oatmeal that I had cooked previously was ready to eat, had some walnuts and a HoneyCrisp™ apple with it. My daily glass of ACV and water(with a splash of blueberry/pomegranate juice) preceded all this.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2024 3:18 PM

Cold leftover buffalo wings and a glass of Metamucil.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2024 3:19 PM

OP, there's no product placement in Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2024 3:44 PM

Aldi brand Corn Chex-type cereal, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, Splenda, strawberries, coffee.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2024 3:45 PM

Are you a hobbit, r11?

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2024 3:47 PM

One Eggo Thick & Fluffy waffle topped with cinnamon honey butter and maple syrup.

Coffee with creamer.

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2024 1:27 PM

r15 Not the last time I looked. 🧙‍♂️

Would you mind explaining the statement to me, I neither read the books nor saw the films.

by Anonymousreply 17August 21, 2024 4:05 PM

R17 Hobbits are notorious for their appetites and enjoy many meals a day including breakfast, second breakfast and elevenses before lunch.

by Anonymousreply 18August 21, 2024 9:06 PM

Post-chemo breakfast. Cheerios with low-fat milk with a latte made from coffee Ensure Max (30 g protein), instant coffee, hot water and a tad of turmeric. Everyone's breakfast sounds delicious but this is low effort.

by Anonymousreply 19August 21, 2024 9:34 PM

Lobster bisque

by Anonymousreply 20August 21, 2024 10:09 PM

This morning I made a breakfast burrito. Never tried to make one before, but it was quick and easy.

by Anonymousreply 21August 21, 2024 10:25 PM

Quest Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar, and a Starbucks venti iced coffee with splash of heavy cream and 3 pumps sugar free vanilla syrup.

by Anonymousreply 22August 21, 2024 10:37 PM

Who is so lazy she can't poach an egg properly?

Sorry. When nonplussed I revert to rhetorical questions.

by Anonymousreply 23August 21, 2024 10:44 PM

I had coffee.

by Anonymousreply 24August 21, 2024 10:51 PM

"We've had one, yes. What about 'Second Breakfast'?

"What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 21, 2024 11:08 PM

This morning, for myself and my brother, I made Chocolate Malt-O-Meal (standard Malt-O-Meal with a tablespoon of Valrhona Cocoa added; with Kerrygold butter, a splash of heavy cream, and some packets of Splenda).

by Anonymousreply 26August 21, 2024 11:15 PM

Soft-scrambled eggs, a small link of chicken sausage, and a slice of whole wheat toast.

by Anonymousreply 27August 21, 2024 11:24 PM

2 Tablespoons of Honey Vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries, raspberries, green grapes and walnuts, then coffee and a chocolate biscotti.

by Anonymousreply 28August 21, 2024 11:32 PM

An omelette made with one cup of egg whites and some pre sauteed peppers and onions. I also had two slices of the thin Dave's killer bread and two tablespoons of peanut butter with sugar-free jam. 3 slices of uncured Turkey bacon .

My Siamese Trixie had her usual morning meal of Sheba chicken Pate cat food and 1/2 cup of gentle stomach Purina Cat Chow due to her propensity to vomit on the runner in the hallway which inevitably step in.

by Anonymousreply 29August 21, 2024 11:41 PM

A slice of Sicilian-style orange cake and a banana.

by Anonymousreply 30August 21, 2024 11:44 PM

I don’t eat breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 31August 21, 2024 11:49 PM

One time I watched Carly Simon eat a banana as her breakfast meal. She acted like it was a huge amount of food to eat. She was skinny as hell yet had a shit this n of money.

by Anonymousreply 32August 21, 2024 11:51 PM

A stale glazed donut from Dunks.

by Anonymousreply 33August 22, 2024 3:44 AM

r18 Damn, maybe I am one after all. 😵

Thanks for cluing me in. I love to learn something new each day. 🤔

by Anonymousreply 34August 22, 2024 12:03 PM

An Eggo Liege Belgian-Style Street Waffle, Maple Flavor and coffee with half n half.

by Anonymousreply 35August 22, 2024 12:24 PM

Basmati rice topped with split pea dhal, with plenty of chutney on the side, and a cup of instant coffee.

by Anonymousreply 36August 22, 2024 1:44 PM

For breakfast this morning after I've taken my daily constitutional -

Organic Sprouted Oatmeal ( 1/3 cup before cooking)

3 tablespoons organic ground flaxseeds

1 tablespoon organic chia seeds

1 tablespoon organic hemp seeds

1 very heaping tablespoon organic cacao powder

and

2 medium boiled Vital eggs.

by Anonymousreply 37August 22, 2024 2:19 PM

Excellent. I may try this.

by Anonymousreply 38August 22, 2024 2:34 PM

Five scrambled eggs and a protein shake.

by Anonymousreply 39August 22, 2024 3:47 PM

Whatever it was, it tasted just like shit

by Anonymousreply 40August 22, 2024 9:21 PM

Steel-cut oats, raisins, and peanut butter.

by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2024 10:19 AM

Half a plain bagel with a thin layer of cream cheese and a very generous amount of smoked salmon.

Gloria Jean's Butter Toffee coffee pod.

by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2024 12:13 PM

You must have eaten at home with the "generous amount of smoked salmon." That's why I like eating stuff like that at home. You can put as much as you like. Restaurants won't really give you a luxurious amount. Same with sashimi. I like to go to the Japanese supermarkets near my brother's place (L.A. area) and get a few different kinds of raw seafood to take home.

by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2024 4:15 PM

Three pork eggrolls heated in my air fryer.

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2024 4:19 PM

Toasted sourdough bread topped with a Wholly Avocado mini cup and a few slices of cherry tomato all sprinkled with Tajin.

Blueberry Cobbler coffee. I'm on a flavored coffee kick lately.

by Anonymousreply 45August 24, 2024 2:03 PM

Two ladles of fresh rain water. Last night we were blessed with a typhoon.

by Anonymousreply 46August 24, 2024 2:25 PM

A bowl of oatmeal and a coffee.

by Anonymousreply 47August 24, 2024 2:27 PM

[quote]Steel cut oats with vanilla and cinnamon, topped with berries and almonds, prepared in my new Instant Pot

Makes me laugh every time I read this.

So you had /oatmeal/.

by Anonymousreply 48August 24, 2024 3:00 PM

I had leftover sesame / rice porridge and tea.

by Anonymousreply 49August 24, 2024 3:10 PM

Steel-cut oats can be a bitch to cook perfectly unless you use a pressure or rice cooker. The info is pertinent. Also, the fruits, nuts and vanilla are delicious and enhance the nutritional value.

I like seeing how creative DL'rs are as cooks and the nutritious meals they create. But if you don't, that's fine.

by Anonymousreply 50August 25, 2024 5:20 AM

Cold drip black coffee washed down with three Beroccas in sparkling mineral water.

I'm doing intermittent fasting.

by Anonymousreply 51August 25, 2024 5:26 AM

"Elevenses" by country:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 25, 2024 5:32 AM

[quote] Steel-cut oats can be a bitch to cook perfectly unless you use a pressure or rice cooker.

Here's how I do it, in single servings:

1. Overnight soak. Ratio of oats (weight) to water is ~ 1:3. Ratio in volume is ~ 1:2.

2. Next day: microwave it on 6/10 heat (not full blast) for 3 minutes.

3. Mix in raisins and peanut butter (smooth, creamy) and salt.

I used to cook it on the stovetop (no pre-soak), which wasn't a huge problem. I really don't see the need for a pressure cooker, but to each his own.

Anyway, believe it or not, I get a better texture with the pre-soak and microwave. Less mushy, more nutty and chewy.

by Anonymousreply 53August 25, 2024 5:43 AM

I love the flavor of oats, but I don't love the texture of either steel cut oats or rolled oats. I have found a more delicious way to get a chewy texture but without the "sliminess" of steel cut oats, and a lot of good oat flavor. I start some coarse bulgur wheat in cold water, bring it to a boil, stir for a minute or two, until it starts to thicken a bit, then add a cup of quick cooking rolled oats, and stir that in, cooking for about a minute, then turn off the heat and cover tightly. The bulgur lends a delicious chewy texture, the oats add delicious "oaty" flavor. Serve it with a pat of butter, some fresh blueberries, a little honey or other sweetener. Delicious. My friends call me the whole grain whisperer. I cook every kind (quinoa, buckwheat, millet, amaranth, teff, bulgur, oats, 10 grain cereal, brown rice, grits). No scary additives, no extra salt or sugar, just whole grain goodness. That and some soy milk, and my body feels very well-nourished and ready to take on my day. This morning was a millet day. Yesterday was a buckwheat day.

by Anonymousreply 54August 25, 2024 6:12 AM

I will try that, R54.

by Anonymousreply 55August 25, 2024 6:18 AM

[quote]I like seeing how creative DL'rs are as cooks and the nutritious meals they create. But if you don't, that's fine.

I never said that. I just think it’s funny how people have to mention steel-cut every time.

by Anonymousreply 56August 25, 2024 6:20 AM

Let me know how it turns out for you! I think you'll like it.

by Anonymousreply 57August 25, 2024 6:21 AM

[quote] I never said that. I just think it’s funny how people have to mention steel-cut every time.

R56, there is actually a difference between "steel-cut" and regular rolled oats. "Steel-cut" isn't just a marketing term. It's not like saying "good vanilla."

Anyway, steel-cut oats look like little pebbles and are in the top right of the posted photo. They require more cooking time.

Rolled oats are flat-ish like in the bottom left of the photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 25, 2024 6:29 AM

I think I would prefer the rolled oats that I always have on hand for baking based on that article, R58. Thanks for the lesson.

by Anonymousreply 59August 25, 2024 6:37 AM

r4, goddessdamnit, if I were Lezbionic, I would rent a U-Haul and go to Vermint (my Boston huzbear's term for your state) and beg for your hand in marriage. Totally platonic. We even have a Subaru wagon that has room for yet more bumper stickers. Last time I was here, you were looking for an apartment or trying to resolve conflict with a neighbor. Hope that worked out.

For breakfast I had 4 pills to manage blood pressure, some other meds for whatever, washed down with a shot of Smirnoff, and half a Marlboro. Put out a can of Fancy Feast and sprinkled catnip around the back yard and left the slider cracked open in attempt to lure neighborhood cats. My cats are gone and I miss them. Then went back to bed for another three hours. Partner, who is now 2,000 miles from the nearest Dunkin Donuts, tells me how "these hairy things with long tails" tried to jump in his lap and lick him. And that he can't get a decent breakfast sandwich or iced cwahffee. Really? He's on Ozempic. For me, a cup of decaf with two shots of Bailey's, and I'm back in bed with at least one purring cat and possibly a squirrel or some racoons, or a baby opossum. Morning of champions.

by Anonymousreply 60August 25, 2024 6:59 AM

I had a Jimmy Dean Chicken Honey Biscuit sandwich.

Blueberry Cobbler coffee with half n half.

by Anonymousreply 61August 25, 2024 2:38 PM

R58- BOTH of those are inferior to my Organic sprouted oatmeal that I eat twice a week with chia seeds, hemp seeds, ground flax seeds and cacao powder.

by Anonymousreply 62August 25, 2024 3:20 PM

I was traveling so I got a Breze with chives at the station.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 25, 2024 3:47 PM

R63 is a "Jealous, bitches?" post (to me, anyway)

by Anonymousreply 64August 25, 2024 3:50 PM

R62, recipe please. Whole grain whisperer, good for you. I loved eating buckwheat groats and yogurt for breakfast but these days am too bushed for anything but cheerios and blueberries.

I cook my steel cut oats in my rice cooker, which has a porridge setting. The oats come out great, and it keeps my rice cooker from being a one-use appliance.

by Anonymousreply 65August 25, 2024 4:04 PM

Sundays are my treat day. So I had a slice of zucchini bread from this brilliant bakery here in BK (Southside Coffee). Then split a bagel piled high with salmon, cream cheese and capers w my husband.

by Anonymousreply 66August 25, 2024 4:09 PM

Cheese omelet w/ new potatoes

by Anonymousreply 67August 25, 2024 4:15 PM

Today I’m just having coffee for breakfast. Have to work, no time to make anything.

by Anonymousreply 68August 25, 2024 4:40 PM

I BINGED after lunch today so now I have to take a walk in addition to the 2.1 mile walk I took this morning. It's not June anymore the days are significantly shorter. The sun will set at 7:38 pm in my neck of the woods. I had better go soon before it gets dark.

by Anonymousreply 69August 25, 2024 11:07 PM

I'm replying to this on a Sunday, so it's pancakes, sausage (sometimes bacon) and coffee. My Sunday extravagance.

by Anonymousreply 70August 25, 2024 11:12 PM

Cigarettes,coffee and a pimento cheese sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 71August 25, 2024 11:21 PM

Home-made black bean soup with a dollop of sour cream.

by Anonymousreply 72August 27, 2024 11:46 AM

Coffee and mixed fruit.

by Anonymousreply 73August 27, 2024 4:40 PM

Quest Hero Bar and 60 calorie yogurt

by Anonymousreply 74August 27, 2024 5:51 PM

I had a Jimmy Dean Delights Turkey Sausage, Egg White and Cheese Croissant Sandwich.

Coffee with half n half.

by Anonymousreply 75September 6, 2024 12:00 PM

A few sips of Ensure. Having a severe bout of possible diverticulitis. Partner is going to pick up a prescription fortwo antibiotics soon. My gastroenterologist has also ordered a CT scan.

by Anonymousreply 76September 6, 2024 12:13 PM

Mcdonalds coffee and breakfast burrito.

by Anonymousreply 77September 6, 2024 2:50 PM

I had waffles with cinnamon honey butter and maple syrup and coffee.

In the Fall and Winter, Sunday is big breakfast day for me with waffles or pancakes, maybe hashbrowns and eggs too. Not officially Fall yet but close enough.

by Anonymousreply 78September 8, 2024 3:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!