Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David Muir having gay tantrum

Does anyone remember seeing a video of David Muir behind the scenes losing patience while recording a segment and having a big gay temper tantrum? His voice changes from broadcast news anchor voice to Paul Lynde in a split second.

I am pretty sure I saw it first here years ago. It was on Vimeo or something and used to come up with a Google search, and I haven't been able to find it in a search for years.

by Anonymousreply 96September 23, 2024 5:11 AM

Never heard of it. Link?

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2024 10:51 PM

Here's the original thread, OP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 18, 2024 10:53 PM

R1 If I had the link, I wouldn't have started a thread asking if anyone has a link.

by Anonymousreply 3August 18, 2024 10:54 PM

R2 Thanks. The videos have been deleted.

by Anonymousreply 4August 18, 2024 10:56 PM

OP, I don't recall this, but if an active link turns up, please bump. Would LOVE to see this.

by Anonymousreply 5August 18, 2024 10:58 PM

R5 It was interesting. His J-school voice totally vanished in an instant but his body language changed, too. Swish swish. I've never forgotten it because he must be really ashamed to be able to mask so well and only let his real mannerisms come out when angry.

by Anonymousreply 6August 18, 2024 11:01 PM

Family friend with Kelly & Mark, they vacation together.

by Anonymousreply 7August 18, 2024 11:03 PM

David wasn’t acting very DeMuir

by Anonymousreply 8August 18, 2024 11:07 PM

That's a cocktease. Where is the LINK? Can't find it via Google either.

by Anonymousreply 9August 18, 2024 11:10 PM

"This is PRIME TIME TELEVISION here, folks!"

Oh wait... this isn't David Muir's meltdown, this is Jessica Savitch's.

I get them mixed up all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 18, 2024 11:13 PM

I found it!

OK, not as much of a tantrum as I remembered, bit he did get whinier and sassier as it went on.

His code switching is fascinating. His voice and somehow his facial control goes from straight anchor to sassy gay man with no effort. He is working for those millions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 18, 2024 11:21 PM

Who did he piss off to get that video leaked?

by Anonymousreply 12August 18, 2024 11:44 PM

Whew! I will never again doubt that this man is as gay as a tree full of parrots!

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2024 11:51 PM

[quote]code switching

Jesus.

Obsess much, Einar Haugen?

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2024 11:58 PM

I bet he's had fun covering the RNC conference with all those sexually repressed closet cases around.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2024 12:00 AM

I don't think his behavior was bad at all. He was respectful.

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2024 12:14 AM

It wasn't but the voice change is notable.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2024 12:41 AM

R7, Though never seen in photos with Kelly and Mark, David's partner goes with them.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2024 12:47 AM

Especially when he says ✨✨✨THANK YOU✨✨✨ toward the end after being handed a towel.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2024 12:48 AM

Hardly a tantrum. He's trying to do his job -- a live TV broadcast -- while things are going wrong.

But yes, the stress of things going wrong is causing his gay voice and mannerisms to come out.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2024 12:55 AM

He was frustrated. The anchor needs to be prepared for any deviation in the script. I don't think his gay orientation appeared at all.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2024 12:57 AM

No comment.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2024 1:03 AM

Agreed about the massive voice change

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2024 1:42 AM

This post is stupid. David was just working and wasn't having attitude in the slightest. He also appeared hot and nervous.

What a big nothingBurger.

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2024 6:12 AM

David Muir is so handsome. He can do no wrong.

Hope he finds a nice girl and settles down.

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2024 6:43 AM

Perhaps David and Ryan Seamencrest can commiserate together about not finding the right girl to settle down with. Kelly & Mark can host their commiseration party.

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2024 6:48 AM

[quote]Agreed about the massive voice change

Did he flounce away?

by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2024 7:10 AM

R21 You must've clicked on a different link. This is the one showing David Muir--unsurprisingly-- being a sweaty CUNTY WeHo queen.

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2024 10:39 AM

I wonder if all the gay news guys like David, Anderson, Don, Gio, Sam hang out with each other on occasion.

by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2024 11:02 AM

Doesn't seem like it, R29, but they intersect with the same celebrities.

Anderson for some godforsaken reason latched onto Andy Cohen years ago. They may as well be married because they have an Oprah/Gayle relationship and parade around together as platonic life partners. They are both close with Sarah Jessica Parker, Kelly Ripa and their fey husbands in the Hamptons and show it off on social media.

David Tyler Muir hangs out with Kelly Ripa and her fey husband and has posted about it to social media but hasn't posted photos hanging out with her gay best buddies, including Anderson.

Don Lemon is close with several of The View cohosts, including especially Sunny Hostin, Ana Navarro and Joy Behar, and all the cohosts regularly talk about their friend Andy Cohen to the extent that The View even explicitly shills as much for Bravo shows as it does for Disney and ABC, which is bizarre given that Bravo is an NBC network, all because they say they love Andy and know him personally. But they don't seem to intersect with Cooper or Muir.

by Anonymousreply 30August 19, 2024 11:12 AM

By the way, a question to contemplate: Would a married woman ever be photographed with her hand protectively and dominatingly and adoringly caressing the abdomen of a man who isn't her husband without the guaranteed safety factor of his same-sex orientation?

Just a question!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 19, 2024 11:15 AM

Not the body language...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 19, 2024 11:16 AM

...a straight woman uses with a straight platonic man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 19, 2024 11:17 AM

I just hope that David finds a nice woman to settle down with and have kids. He deserves a nice wife and life.

by Anonymousreply 34August 19, 2024 12:09 PM

R34 Couldn't agree more. No one has value until and unless they reproduce like rabbits.

Also, he's hot—#nohomo but I'd swallow his seed in either end—and the country needs more hot people.

That's why I made babies with Usha, even though she isn't white. An act of patriotism.

by Anonymousreply 35August 19, 2024 12:15 PM

I never see him on TV but my impression from that clip is that his job as an on-air journalist and news reader has particular requirements which he understands and delivers. He seemed completely professional, can think on his feet and is good at his job during a hot morning when his producers had a hard time giving him what he needed.

But, yeah, he seems like an exacting professional gay man. You got a problem with that?

by Anonymousreply 36August 19, 2024 1:01 PM

My only problem with him is from Bob Woodward's book FEAR, in which he details the Trump campaign's inner workings. Immediately after the Access Hollywood pussygrab leak, everyone on Trump's campaign except Bannon told Trump to drop out. Bannon insisted Trump can win because his followers don't care. Christie freaked out at Bannon and told him he is the whole problem of the campaign, and Trump sided with Bannon and decided to go speak publicly. Kellyanne Conway hopped on the Trump train and said no, wait, I will get you a damage-control press interview; I will call my friend David Muir and I know he will come to DC ASAP to do an interview that will make you look good. He said OK, Muir came when Conway beckoned, and ABC aired a 10-minute interview of Trump with Good Christian Pence to repair Trump's reputation.

So yeah I do have a grudge against him. Against anyone who does any favors for Trump or for Kellyanne Conway.

by Anonymousreply 37August 19, 2024 1:09 PM

I used to do what he does (on a much, much, much, much smaller scale.) He's behaving like any normal anchor cutting in and out of live on air, in the field. Time is tight, focus is necessary. I don't see a gay tantrum. But, however you characterize it, unless you sound like Karl from Succession, everybody's voice changes slightly between on and off air.

by Anonymousreply 38August 19, 2024 1:11 PM

It's not a slight change. It is code switching as much as Oprah Winfrey or Tyra Banks have ever demonstrated it. From gay to "respectable" and back as second nature.

by Anonymousreply 39August 19, 2024 1:14 PM

Oh, OK.

by Anonymousreply 40August 19, 2024 2:19 PM

He was so cute when he patted his brow with the towel and thanked the assistant who handed it to him. Even though he was frustrated and sweating, he still exhibited professionalism and good manners. It's probably why you never hear any stories of assistants working at ABC complaining about him.

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2024 8:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2024 8:34 PM

I see no hissy fit. The voice barely changes. He seems totally concentrated and efficient. Very professional.

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2024 8:38 PM

No matter what voice he's "using", he's handsome, he's sexy, he's smart, he's taking up space, he's breathing air - he's present.

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2024 9:01 PM

Viola Davis entering the room.

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2024 9:02 PM

He HOLDS SPACE with his LIVED NEWS EXPERIENCE!

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2024 10:10 PM

Don't have network TV, so I've never seen him, but in this clip it seems that he was frustrated about whatever the situation was, while still managing to be polite, professional, and determined to do his job. Under better circumstances, I'm guessing he's a very sweet man. And yes, definitely pings. He knew to blot the sweat off with the towel rather than ruin his handsome man makeup.

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2024 10:15 PM

I always assumed he was gay (pinged). His ON AIR manner is affected and unnatural, so I would hope his OFF AIR manner was less affected, which it was.

He seemed professional and polite (but frustrated), IMO.

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2024 10:23 PM

Hmm I dunno, wasn’t that dramatic. I do think he’s family but also, a lot of folks viewing this through a hopeful lens.

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2024 10:50 PM

Summary: OP created a click-bait and kinda gay-negetive thread about a fictitious scandalous event. Never happened. Bravo, OP! 👏🤥🤡

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2024 12:23 AM

This post, again, is seriously stupid. The posts on this thread are just really dumb. Muir throwing a "gay tantrum" ummm no it's called working in f---ing news and being ready I know several very high profile folks who work in news (not Muir) and I've been around them at times - it's exactly like this. Idiots.

Second, who cares if Kelly Ripa has her hand on Muir LOL. So dumb.

Third, leave all of these news guys alone. They're good guys. They're representing gay folks well (well aside from maybe Don Lemon who can be a little.. well... There is no need to slam Muir. Who cares if Anderson hangs out with Andy Cohen? Just all of these posts are so lame and it's a big who cares.

C'mon.

by Anonymousreply 51August 23, 2024 2:38 PM

Don is a very nice guy as well R51, I've met him before. He shook my hand and talked to me like a normal person. He's definitely not one of the 'mean gays' and doesn't deserve any more vitriol than the rest of those guys.

by Anonymousreply 52August 23, 2024 3:02 PM

Thanks to whomever posted the sweat tape! Lol. He’s obviously geigh, big whoop. He is a very pretty man, the sweat just made him more appealing to me, not that I’d ever have a chance. He does seem like the type who would tell you to not mess up his hair, nor cum on his comforter.

by Anonymousreply 53August 23, 2024 6:20 PM

David cums buckets. That’s all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 54August 23, 2024 8:55 PM

David used to be a reporter and sometimes anchor on a local station in Boston. When he would chit-chat with the other anchorperson, a turn of phrase or body motion would kind of let the cat out of the bag.

His body and face are SO stiff when he anchors on ABC, and his hands are anchoring his body to the table. It seems like he’s trying to prevent any movement that might suggest he’s gay. He wasn’t like that when he anchored in Boston, so it seems to me that his manner on ABC is deliberate.

by Anonymousreply 55August 23, 2024 11:25 PM

[quote] hands are anchoring

That’s part of his job!

by Anonymousreply 56August 23, 2024 11:30 PM

Has anybody ever seen him with a boyfriend? Or being spit roasted? I read bossy bottom energy.

by Anonymousreply 57August 23, 2024 11:32 PM

[quote]Has anybody ever seen him with a boyfriend? Or being spit roasted?

And where would we have seen that In Macy's window?

by Anonymousreply 58August 23, 2024 11:50 PM

I doubt it, R58. But thx.

by Anonymousreply 59August 23, 2024 11:51 PM

Has David ever had Trevor Ault?

by Anonymousreply 60August 24, 2024 3:44 AM

You ault to know!

by Anonymousreply 61August 24, 2024 3:45 AM

He's going to one of the moderators at the first presidential debate.

by Anonymousreply 62August 24, 2024 3:47 AM

He's going to which one of the moderators at the first presidential debate?

by Anonymousreply 63August 24, 2024 3:50 AM

Why doesn't he just come out already? There are a number of openly gay newsmen who are very successful. It's not like his sexuality would be bad for his career in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 64August 24, 2024 4:00 AM

R63 be.

by Anonymousreply 65August 24, 2024 4:12 AM

This isn’t as bad as the Alden Ehrenreich video but he’s clearly a homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 66August 24, 2024 4:25 AM

[quote] the Alden Ehrenreich video

Which one? Link please.

by Anonymousreply 67August 24, 2024 4:27 AM

Someone here claimed he had a thing for blond twink interns

by Anonymousreply 68August 24, 2024 4:31 AM

R67 It’s scrubbed off the internet! I’ve tried to find it a few times and I can’t.

He’s on the red carpet giving an interview. He seemed a bit drunk? But the female interviewer asked him what he looks for in a girl and he becomes a sarcastic sassy queen with his answers.

by Anonymousreply 69August 24, 2024 4:32 AM

I remember seeing the old clips from his first local TV job and he sounded like a big girlina there

by Anonymousreply 70August 24, 2024 4:33 AM

Thank you, r69.

by Anonymousreply 71August 24, 2024 4:35 AM

I found it!

Super gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 24, 2024 4:36 AM

Thanks, r72. I don't see a "sarcastic sassy queen with his answers", but he did seem nervous with her line of questioning.

by Anonymousreply 73August 24, 2024 4:42 AM

In contrast, David Tyler Muir at r11 sounds queeny between live segments. There's a big contrast in his voice and mannerisms. I do think he's being professional and not rude at all.

by Anonymousreply 74August 24, 2024 4:47 AM

As a gay dude, I don't get David's appeal BUT my straight sister in law is like IN LOVE with him hahahhaa. Will only watch him for news.

by Anonymousreply 75August 27, 2024 2:13 PM

The interviewer in R72’s clip is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 76August 27, 2024 2:26 PM

He's always seemed - from articles and stories - kind of cut throat in his career ambitions, and in his estimation the gay thing wouldn't help. But he may be of a different generation than people like Vaughn Hillyard or Eugene Daniels who don't give a shit and are very successful.

He started as a local reporter in Syracuse NY in 1994 before he even made it to Boston. 1994 was a different time. I wonder if he feel trapped now in his assumed persona.

Of course, he [bold]could[/bold] be straight.

I can't find the article, so take this with a grain of salt, but I thought I remember reading that 1) He worked with a professional on changing his voice, and 2) He's had a lot of work done on his face. The voice is a gay thing, the face is just wanting to look "better" for TV.

by Anonymousreply 77August 27, 2024 3:07 PM

This guy is like an oatmeal burger on Wonder bread.

by Anonymousreply 78August 27, 2024 3:09 PM

[quote]David cums buckets. That’s all you need to know.

So R54, were you swallowing? Because I most definitely would! He's gorgeous, and gets even sexier when he lets the gay out

by Anonymousreply 79August 27, 2024 3:27 PM

Oh, they all cum buckets, don't they? Massive balls. Huge, Uncut. Must be 9".

by Anonymousreply 80August 27, 2024 3:40 PM

He seems like the “Guncle” type to me, desexualized and made safe not only for his family but also for the masses in middle America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 27, 2024 3:42 PM

I just looked at his birth chart. He's a Scorpio with an Aries moon, and fire signs make up the majority of his outer planets as well. Gay voice aside, I bet he dominates in the bedroom and wears the pants in his romantic relationships. It's in his nature.

by Anonymousreply 82August 27, 2024 3:47 PM

Wow.What a prissy-fit and hard to watch. I could never watch his show because I also saw through that false persona. Clearly it has worked for him.

by Anonymousreply 83August 27, 2024 4:07 PM

[quote]I could never watch his show because I also saw through that false persona.

Yeah, I hate it when people put on a false person for the camera. Can't stand it. I'm also repulsed when people pretend to be something they're not, hiding their true selves.

by Anonymousreply 84August 27, 2024 8:11 PM

R84- David Muir everyone. Welcome David-you’re right where you belong.

by Anonymousreply 85August 27, 2024 10:38 PM

I love David, but i DO NOT think he did a good job last night. I needed to be tougher on Trump's interuptions to keep it moving. That being said he let Trump be Trump which the undecided really need to see and understand.

by Anonymousreply 86September 11, 2024 3:13 PM

Oh come on Y'all! He's just having fun being a bachelor. He hasn't found the right woman yet. Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 87September 11, 2024 3:36 PM

Interesting. I don't see him as overly flouncy or effeminate here, and don't it as "code switching" exactly... code switching is more like when you use more than one mode/accent/vibe depending on where you are and who you are interacting with, navigating the real world.

This is more just a candid look at how his on-camera demeanor and vocal pitch and tone are artifice, they are part of his professional costume and expectation. No huge surprise.

by Anonymousreply 88September 11, 2024 3:44 PM

DTM did absolutely nothing last night to dispel his Tex Baxter wannabe reputation.

by Anonymousreply 89September 11, 2024 4:00 PM

David is sexy as hell. He's All-MAN.

He just hasn't met the right girl yet. But then, he hasn't met ME yet.

I'd dump my Joe-Six-Pack husband in a second to be David's wife.

by Anonymousreply 90September 11, 2024 7:26 PM

I half expected Trump to finally out our gay David. Everyone knows.

by Anonymousreply 91September 11, 2024 9:20 PM

Some people in America are only now discovering La David.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 13, 2024 12:03 AM

FWIW....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 13, 2024 3:02 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 94September 13, 2024 3:10 AM

I thought he was very polite and respectful in that clip. It seems like the help weren't doing their job, but he kept his shit together, was very direct, focused, yet polite, especially to the towel person.

by Anonymousreply 95September 13, 2024 1:37 PM

We just want to see his dick then we can all go home…

by Anonymousreply 96September 23, 2024 5:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!