Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Parker Posey

Is she mean?

by Anonymousreply 82August 19, 2024 12:23 PM

Yes. Tone deaf too.

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2024 7:04 PM

I knew her a little back at SUNY Purchase, around 1990. She was fun, gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2024 7:17 PM

I like to think she’s great. Love her performances, enjoy her interviews, and her book is sublime.

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2024 10:21 PM

She was a condescending asshole the one time I met her.

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2024 10:35 PM

She exhibited quite a mean vibe and plenty of condescension in that interview she did with Blake Lively. Really changed my opinion of her. It was petty and cunty.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2024 10:38 PM

Blake is a cunt too.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2024 10:39 PM

Is it possible you deserved it, r4?

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2024 10:39 PM

Possibly R7 but it wasn’t just me who commented on it.

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2024 10:41 PM

What did she say to you, r8?

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2024 10:44 PM

Contrived bitch name. Someone in her family is a bitch and wanted her to be one.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2024 10:47 PM

She’s American so you’re required to hate her.

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2024 10:49 PM

OP stop pretending to be me and get your own identity you creepy, obsessed little stalker bitch.

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2024 10:51 PM

R9 It was 2002/2003 at a dinner party in NYC, where everyone was required to bring a guest. My friend (who managed an art gallery and was “in” with the downtown crowd) invited me, and Alan Cumming showed up with Parker Posey in tow. They arrived late, exuding an air of superiority.

When we were mingling prior to being seated, I complimented her on The House of Yes, to which she replied “ugh, do they not screen people at these dinners?” This was met by uproarious laughter from Cumming.

Other guests who tried to engage her in conversation remarked on her behavior and the atmosphere grew a little tense, until she and Cumming left, early.

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2024 10:52 PM

It sounds like she wasn't acting in Best in Show.

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2024 10:55 PM

Bad dog!

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2024 10:59 PM

Get the Busy Bee!

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2024 11:00 PM

Thank you for pointing it out r12 / real CE. Has it been going on for a long time? Sorry my FFs are used up.

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2024 11:03 PM

She's been in the business for 32 years and still hasn't gone really anywhere. I'd say she's a bitter cunt.

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2024 11:04 PM

PP is a little too cool for me, and for herself, too. Give me Winona Ryder, that guileless touch of insecurity.

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2024 11:04 PM

I always have a place at the Dairy Queen.

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2024 11:19 PM

A total hasbeen

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2024 11:26 PM

Parker Posey's peak was in the 1990s where she was the first lady of the American Indie movement. That was her moment and she will always be remembered for it, if nothing else. She's far too quirky to be anything but a supporting character in mainstream Hollywood films and she isn't a substantial enough actor to do compelling work as she ages.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2024 11:30 PM

I don't care if she's a cunt in real life, she's an underrated actress. I loved her in Clockwatchers.

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2024 11:33 PM

r13, you should have brought this up and asked her what the hell she was thinking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2024 11:35 PM

[quote]Parker Posey Is she mean?

I've always hoped the fuck she is.

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2024 11:43 PM

I always imagined her IRL more like her portrayal of Mary Boone in Basquiat.

by Anonymousreply 26August 17, 2024 11:49 PM

We’ll just put the books ANYWHERE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 17, 2024 11:53 PM

My friend was a waiter at The Spotted Pig in the 90s and he swears up and down Parker was his rudest celebrity customer.

by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2024 12:43 AM

R13 ugh what a bitch. I understand that famous people sometimes just want to forget about their public careers, but that’s simply not how it works. Making a gibe at your expense is fucking rude. It is not difficult to say a simple “thank you”—just take the compliment and move on.

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2024 1:15 AM

Wow, she does sound awful at R13.

Here's a video of both Lively and Posey (MARY) being interviewed. Both are acting horrible to the interviewer. Bitching about being asked about the costumes. They seem to be getting along, here, in that they're both ignoring the interviewer and acting bitchy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 18, 2024 1:32 AM

R17 I just noticed it this evening, I only log on every now and again however.

This creepy, tiny-cocked incel OP has now posted 9 threads under this moniker , yet all his contributions are singularly devoid of wit, charm, and intellectual depth, which I hope I at least occasionally manage to provide. I can only assume he lies awake at night touching himself while fantasising about being me, so finally decided to try and make it so on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2024 1:56 AM

His very first thread was about scat. I mean, c'mon, FFS.

by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2024 1:56 AM

Anyway, ironically given tonight's theme of confusingly similar names, I've only just realised that the thread is not about Posie Parker, the Nazi-adjacent TERF. I couldn't for the life of me understand why she'd be chumming around with Alan Cumming or what The House of Yes was ;)

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2024 1:59 AM

There are fewer and fewer normal people posting here, as well as overall posters. And there are more lunatics. The lunatics bring down the level of conversation, such as it is, and the tone.

by Anonymousreply 34August 18, 2024 2:07 AM

The dinner party anecdote above is disgusting. It also hints that Posey continued being a cunt through the dinner. Why did anyone put up with that? Is this an EST? If they left early, I hope it was because the host suggested they leave.

by Anonymousreply 35August 18, 2024 2:13 AM

Met her at AMFAR event. She was very funny and nice then - 2019

by Anonymousreply 36August 18, 2024 2:16 AM

Also, ConcernedEuropean, there is a mediapolis email and I suggest you write a brief message to them explaining this.

I'm FFing OP now.

by Anonymousreply 37August 18, 2024 2:33 AM

R37 Ah good, so I can chat to Tony Travostino (is that his name?) again. This is like when the UK courts proscribed the 'Conversative' party and the 'Literal Democrats'.

by Anonymousreply 38August 18, 2024 2:35 AM

I want to think she is nice and cool, being that we are the same age, both originally from Mississippi, and have a 3rd (?) degree of separation (a friend of mine knows her twin brother), but I really do think she’d be a total bitch.

It’s kind of the feeling I have about Amy Sedaris..LOVE all her work, and think she’s a comic genius, but I don’t want to meet her. I don’t think she’d be very nice. Plus, she’s friends with SJP, Justin Theroux, and Andi Coen, who all seem like big phony jerks.

by Anonymousreply 39August 18, 2024 2:49 AM

Andi Coen?

by Anonymousreply 40August 18, 2024 2:53 AM

R30 that video makes me feel embarrassed for PP. It's like she's the dorky outcast in high school trying desperately to make friends with the popular mean girl cheerleader. Fuck both those whores, especially BL. Hope she gets canceled.

by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2024 3:39 AM

Yes, Andi Coen. Welcome to the DL.

by Anonymousreply 42August 18, 2024 3:48 AM

She was great as the boutique owner-slash-cult leader in Search Party. I love her work. Would not wish to hang out with her though!

by Anonymousreply 43August 18, 2024 3:58 AM

"Andi Coen" is DL Polari? I've been around here for years and have never seen it. Sniff. It wounds to be excluded.

by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2024 4:02 AM

I liked it when she breezed through Oakdale.

by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2024 4:26 AM

You are excused, R44. It’s not as common as “Lens Dunham” and “Jackie On Assistance” but I’ve seen it used here many times. I mainly use it because it tickles me to think that AC would re-visit our “vile pit of trollery” and see his spelled like that—especially the feminine “Andi” since he’s a proud Power Top, dontcha know.

by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2024 4:29 AM

Parker Posey is a real piece of work - clearly struggling with a personality disorder. I remember one night at a LES bar, a friend of mine, who works in the industry, was with us. Parker happened to know her and practically clung to our group. We eventually had to ditch her and head to my friend’s apartment, just a short walk away. We were out on the balcony, enjoying a joint and some drinks, when suddenly, Parker appeared on the street, yelling and throwing a tantrum to be let up. She screamed and hollered until she finally just wandered off into the night. It was beyond bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 47August 18, 2024 4:35 AM

I haven’t ever picked up a copy to confirm such details but allegedly Parker Posey wrote in her memoir about treating waitstaff and/or service workers badly, and I’ve also heard rumblings about her before on gossip blogs being awful to wait on.

All of this is to say, I totally believe R28.

by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2024 5:21 AM

Unmarried childless cat lady?

by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2024 5:24 AM

The dinner line is hilarious. Who gives a fuck that you liked House of Yes. She clearly doesn’t live for compliments and made a joke out of it. I met her once. We were at the airport waiting for our flight home from Sundance in 2002. I said hello and we exchanged pleasantries. She was fine.

by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2024 5:29 AM

R50 Everybody, please welcome Parker Posey.

by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2024 5:30 AM

R30 That eye roll from Parker at the end of the video is plain cruel.

by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2024 5:38 AM

[quote]r50 = She clearly doesn’t live for compliments

She sure doesn't know how to accept them either, Eric.

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2024 5:43 AM

I sure hope so.

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2024 5:43 AM

R30 Lively comes across terribly but is that a surprise? She probably things being call shallow is a compliment.

For me, the surprise here is Parker Posey. Holy Shit. She seems desperate for Lively's acceptance. Look how she places her right hand near Lively. She's acting just like Gretchen from "Mean Girls".

I remember when Posey was considered Very Cool. In the 90s, she would look down on someone like Lively. Of course, that's a long time ago now. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 55August 18, 2024 5:59 AM

Parker always reminds me of a young woman I used to work with in high school in the 80s. Chrissie, early 20s. You could tell she was really pretty and preppy in high school. But her delicate features had been hardened by years of bulimia, smoking, cocaine and a touch of bipolar. By 23 Chrissie looked 30. She had a wild, uninhibited laugh. She was having and affair with our boss who had just had a baby. The whole thing was unhinged, and I loved the drama Chrissie brought to our boring ass job. Parker Posey looks like a brunette version of Chrissie. I can't help but wonder if Parker's private life has been a roller coaster or what. Some disordered eating, a bit of mania, deep insecurity, cannot tolerate rejection. Breakups probably bring out the bunny boiler side of her personality. I want to believe so, anyway!

by Anonymousreply 56August 18, 2024 6:17 AM

Natasha!

by Anonymousreply 57August 18, 2024 6:59 AM

Refuse to let that man-ish blonde person in the recycled Versace gown drag down my dear Parker.

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2024 7:10 AM

R50 it’s not even a funny joke, and the only real purpose of saying something like that is to demean someone. I think it’s obnoxious when celebrities refuse to handle their fame with some modicum of diplomacy. Obviously there is always going to be the occasional annoying, obnoxious, nutty fan, but someone simply saying they enjoyed your work is not deserving of a comment like that. There are better ways of navigating the situation that are very simple and not nasty. It’s pure cunt behavior.

by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2024 7:36 AM

[quote]Alan Cumming showed up with Parker Posey in tow. They arrived late, exuding an air of superiority.

[quote]When we were mingling prior to being seated, I complimented her on The House of Yes, to which she replied “ugh, do they not screen people at these dinners?” This was met by uproarious laughter from Cumming.

Cumming is also a cunt, and is prone to "funny" comments like this.

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2024 7:43 AM

I had heard nothing but nice things about PP, but they were coming from people who didn't wait on her. Treating servers poorly is an automatic fail, especially if you're doing it consistently.

by Anonymousreply 61August 18, 2024 7:48 AM

drop the h and it sounds less jewish.

by Anonymousreply 62August 18, 2024 7:52 AM

Sorry to hear this I was hoping Alan Cumming was wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 63August 18, 2024 7:42 PM

Oops left out the .

by Anonymousreply 64August 18, 2024 7:43 PM

Posey does that huge eyeroll at the end of the interview and does seem to be kissing Lively’s ass. The interviewer handled the situation very well.

PP and BL were acting so snobby and high schoolish. Exposed, bitches!!!

by Anonymousreply 65August 18, 2024 8:45 PM

Parker shored up to Blakely.

Pretty disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 66August 18, 2024 9:21 PM

I hate PP in short choppy hair.

by Anonymousreply 67August 19, 2024 12:24 AM

I've never really liked this pretentious witch of an actress, but I realize that's an unpopular opinion on this website. Yes, she's capable of giving a great performance, but when she's bad, she's really bad(Scream 3, You Got Mail), and her aloof personality never felt relatable to me. I never really saw her as 'cool' back in the day, especially when Winona Ryder already existed. Parker peaked before Y2k, but if her team has any brains, they will take advantage of this little revival she's getting through the press because of some cunty interview she did with Blake Unlively.

by Anonymousreply 68August 19, 2024 12:42 AM

[quote] The dinner line is hilarious. Who gives a fuck that you liked House of Yes. She clearly doesn’t live for compliments and made a joke out of it. I met her once. We were at the airport waiting for our flight home from Sundance in 2002. I said hello and we exchanged pleasantries. She was fine. —C-list actor

I really hate when people discount someone else's experience because THEY had a good experience. "She was fine." How the fuck do you know. You met her once (as did the other poster).

by Anonymousreply 69August 19, 2024 12:59 AM

Menopause and spinsterhood can cause mood swings.

I expect everyone to give her some grace.

Ryan, my husband and the father of my children, agrees.

by Anonymousreply 70August 19, 2024 1:06 AM

It's sad to hear several stories about how dismissive and rude she is to people who acknowledge her work/career.

I understand that in private you may just want to talk about regular things - but you're FAMOUS. This is what you WANTED. Don't act all put upon because somebody dares to talk to your or compliment you.

Shame because I honestly loved her in the 90s and early 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 71August 19, 2024 1:12 AM

Waiting for Guffman is one of my all-time favorite movies. Even though she (PP) was good in that, I'd say she was the weakest actor. She was the only one who I felt was "acting," at times. Corky (Christopher Guest), a bit, too. Yes, his character was supposed to be gay, but it was over-the-top and a little insulting, actually.

by Anonymousreply 72August 19, 2024 1:16 AM

On a scale of cuntiness with 1 being Angela Lansbury and 10 being Lauren Bacall, where does Parker fit in?

by Anonymousreply 73August 19, 2024 1:20 AM

I can kind of see why Ryan Reynolds is popular, but he's got those close-set, beady eyes. Blake Lively also looks like the woman-next-door, as well. Those 2 better not be on some kind of high horse.

I was looking at the comments in the YouTube posting of the interview (PP and Lively). Posters were saying that BL was trying to have a Scarlett Johanssen moment. (SJ was asked whether she was wearing underwear in one of her action figure roles and SJ said "Why does it matter.") Here, Lively was acting in a period piece and the interviewer asked whether she enjoyed the costumes. Softball, fair question, IMO.

Scarlett is Ryan's ex-wife and, IMO, is better-looking than Lively and more charismatic, more everything.

by Anonymousreply 74August 19, 2024 1:22 AM

Imagine how she'd have reacted if R13 had complimented her on her role as Tess Shelby in "As the World Turns" (the niece Barbara Ryan kept threatening to send "on the first bus back to Kentucky" whenever she misbehaved)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 19, 2024 1:24 AM

I complimented Parker on her performance in the original Tales of the City and she threw a fondue pot at my head.

by Anonymousreply 76August 19, 2024 1:28 AM

She’s in Mr and Mrs Smith

by Anonymousreply 77August 19, 2024 1:55 AM

R24

I saw that production and stood behind Mel Brooks at the bar. Pre-The Producers.

by Anonymousreply 78August 19, 2024 2:34 AM

I heard she hip-checked June Squibb right off of her scooter while shooting Thelma.

by Anonymousreply 79August 19, 2024 4:57 AM

I was lunching on the terrace at the Martinez on the Croisette with my dear friends Ypir and Marisa Berenson, several years ago at the Film Festival and Parker Posey tried to invite herself to join us, under the pretext that we were old friends because I once did lines with her and Rossy de Palma at a Varla Jean Merman show, a million years ago.

by Anonymousreply 80August 19, 2024 11:45 AM

Back when Taller Than A Dwarf opened on Broadway, I tuned in to two middle aged women (single cat lady types) who did theater reviews on Cable Access (the channel where anyone could broadcast a show).

The first woman starts out, “Taller Than A Dwarf stars Mathew Broderick and Parker Posey.”

The second woman immediately jumps in and says, “I don’t know who she is.”

Then the first woman says, “I didn’t like it.”

The second woman says, “I didn’t either.”

by Anonymousreply 81August 19, 2024 11:45 AM

R69 👋

by Anonymousreply 82August 19, 2024 12:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!