Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vance and Walz agree to a vice presidential debate

October 1st on CBS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 23, 2024 4:28 AM

Here's Jaydie's debate with Tim Ryan.

He did pretty well. He seems more confident and better spoken here than he has on the 2024 campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 15, 2024 2:17 PM

Coach vs couch.

by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2024 2:42 PM

October 1st on CBS. Sponsored by Swiffer, the quicker picker-upper!

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2024 2:55 PM

I hope there aren't any couches present. Vance may not be able to control himself.

by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2024 3:46 PM

Bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2024 4:12 PM

I hope he shows up as Sofa Loren ๐Ÿ›‹๏ธ

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2024 4:45 PM

Vance makes an idiot of himself simply in interviews and speaking to the press. I can't imagine how he will do in a debate format.

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2024 5:08 PM

I'm honestly surprised by how few people are turning out for Vance. Guess the MAGA cares only about Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2024 5:18 PM

Scaramucci thinks Dump will drop Vance from the ticket just after the Democratic convention.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2024 5:22 PM

r9 Deadline is September 1st (in Ohio). That's the one Hail Mary he has left.

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2024 5:24 PM

I wish the Tramp and the Vamp would just go away.

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2024 5:37 PM

Iโ€™m worried. Walz is overconfident. I really wish he hadnโ€™t made that couch joke and even worse said, โ€œYou see what I did there?โ€ Donโ€™t step on your own joke.

Vance is going to hammer the โ€œweapons I used in warโ€ thing. Heโ€™s going to go big on the 3nd amendment, on BLM, on Defund the Police and Abolish ICE.

I wish it was Andy Beshear.

I wish Biden hadnโ€™t come down with Parkinsonโ€™s. He was so great in 2020. I wish heโ€™d been able to run this time. Dammit.

Every time we think weโ€™ve stomped Trump down he rises again and America proves how full of shitheads it is.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2024 6:29 PM

Wasn't Vance only in Iraq or wherever as a PR/comms person (a desk job), not an active combat person?

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2024 6:42 PM

R12 seek mental help.

You sound like a babbling baboon. You talked yourself into utter despondency in your own post.

Maybe try drinking more alcohol. It would certainly be more productive than your posts.

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2024 6:47 PM

r13 Yes! He was a bureaucrat in a nice little AC room.

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2024 6:48 PM

I wish you should shut your trolling trap, R12.

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2024 7:04 PM

Has Vance decided on the eyeliner shade for the occasion?

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2024 7:05 PM

My money's on the relatable goofy cool Dad who keeps landing perfect insults. Vance is so awkward and ungifted, politically.

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2024 7:08 PM

Vance is absolutely heinous - heโ€™s the uppity know it all weenie covering for a very low intelligence

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2024 7:36 PM

This guy Vance is sooooo gay. So gay.

And heโ€™s a nasty lil bitchy gay

You canโ€™t fool the dar experts here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2024 3:01 PM

So President Deferments speaks for all Veterans???

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2024 5:04 PM

Vance is a putz.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2024 5:12 PM

Walz is speaking in Nebraska right now and dang he is goood!!

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2024 8:22 PM

I hope Vivian wears that dress she got in Gimbel's basement......or maybe she can borrow Lucy's Don Loper original.

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2024 8:33 PM

I'm watching Walz now work the handshake aisle.

I remember waiting to shake Bill Clinton's hand.

"Hand out" "Hand out" "Hand out" the Secret Service agents commanded of us even though Clinton still a good 10 to 15 feet away from us.

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2024 8:37 PM

R25, thatโ€™s a cool story! Can you say where/when you were? Iโ€™m just curious is all, I love studying both politics and history.

by Anonymousreply 26August 18, 2024 3:55 AM

Nothing matters but electors. I really wish trump would drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 27August 18, 2024 4:00 AM

r26, Milwaukee, September 1992.

My sister and I heard he was making a morning appearance at the Hyatt downtown. "Let's go!", we said.

We were too late to make it to his speech. He was still inside the Hyatt. We're in the outside area. Security told us he was coming out soon the crowd. We were limited to standing behind horse barricades.

I remember feeling excited. Heck, the whole crowd was excited. We only expected to catch a glimpse of him.

Two guys from Germany were standing next to us. They had those old-timey cameras that you held to your face, snapped a pic then after a couple of minutes, it spit out the pic you just took.

Sure enough, out comes a phalanx of guys in suits surrounding a guy with a head of white head of hair, the only thing we could see. "Is that him? "Is that him?", everybody in the crowd was asking. Then we see the guy's hand appear over the heads of everybody and he waves in our direction.

The Secret Service approach the barricade horses we were standing behind. Holy shit. He's going to come over!

Sure enough, he finishes talking with those important looking people, whoever they were.

I remember Clinton's purposeful strut and the big smile on his face. We were near the end of the barricades, but as I stated, the Secret Service was way ahead of him "Hand out", "Hand out".

"Hey", I asked the guy from Germany. "Will you snap a pic of me with Clinton? I'll shake his hand then turn towards you right away."

"Ja", he said. and now I've got a really cool, old-timey pic of Clinton and me!

by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2024 10:06 AM

We don't need "Welcome to another edition of THUNDERDOME!"

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

What is this obsession with cagefights involving politicians? It won't prove anything, and it will only provide an opportunity for the pig to sling shit at Vance.

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2024 11:41 AM

โ–ฒ Goddamn, did I ever mess that post up!

Correction:

๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐›๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐œ๐š๐ ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง๐ฏ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐š๐ง๐ฌ? ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐๐ž ๐š๐ง ๐จ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ข๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ญ ๐š๐ญ ๐–๐š๐ฅ๐ณ.

by Anonymousreply 30August 18, 2024 11:43 AM

There's many a slip between the cup and the lip......wish Datalounge had an edit feature......many many tmes.

See what I did teher?

by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2024 2:20 PM

R30, normally I would agree. But this is essentially a psy-ops the Dems are engaged in. To crush a fascist, you have to assert strength and dominance, the people MUST see that strength projected. Trust me, I fucking despise all of this, Iโ€™m a mess watching it all, but Walz debating is *necessary* to expose them even more for what they truly are. Because Walz is military, he understands this assignment. Heโ€™s going to fuck JD up. He has to humiliate him. Mock him. Public tar-and-feather. Burn him at the stake kind of energy is very needed, and a LOT of us understand that this public destruction of both candidates is likely the only justice we will ever see!!!!

by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2024 4:06 PM

Idk, r32. Weird Jimmy is more likely to step in it all on his own, without coach Walz doing anything but watching.

These idiots cannot help themselves. Theyโ€™re just lame AF.

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2024 6:39 PM

[quote] Theyโ€™re just lame AF.

Dude can't even order a sandwich

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 19, 2024 9:43 PM

I thought JD was vegetarian. Iโ€™d be shocked if he set aside his convictions and beliefs to stuff his face with meat for the sake of a political photo op. Shocked, I tell ya.

by Anonymousreply 35August 19, 2024 10:10 PM

I wonder what comments JD is going to make about Tim.

by Anonymousreply 36August 22, 2024 7:10 PM

After Tim's speech last night JD better be prepared. Tim is going to crush him.

by Anonymousreply 37August 22, 2024 7:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 22, 2024 7:26 PM

^^ The server didn't want to be on camera either. ROFL.

This smug fucker is already picking out the drapes. Lord if you have a sense of humor let him lose - badly - and vote him out after 1 term.

by Anonymousreply 39August 22, 2024 7:34 PM

I see no purpose for Vice President debates. Waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 40August 22, 2024 8:25 PM

Vance is a black hole of charisma.

by Anonymousreply 41August 22, 2024 8:53 PM

R41 Itโ€™s that eyeliner.

by Anonymousreply 42August 22, 2024 8:55 PM

Re R34 - Swiss cheese on cheesesteak? EEEWWW!

by Anonymousreply 43August 22, 2024 9:01 PM

I hope Margaret Brennan is the moderater.

by Anonymousreply 44August 22, 2024 9:11 PM

R41 = William Frawley

by Anonymousreply 45August 22, 2024 9:23 PM

Nudity should be a requirement for these debates.

by Anonymousreply 46August 22, 2024 9:28 PM

When Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dumber do your vetting....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 22, 2024 11:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2024 3:11 AM

It should be in Davenport, Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 49August 23, 2024 3:25 AM

It should be on a plush sofa.

by Anonymousreply 50August 23, 2024 3:27 AM

JD Vance ever been a furry? He gives off that vibe.

by Anonymousreply 51August 23, 2024 4:26 AM

Funny you mentioned that, R51. I made that same comment a couple of weeks ago when those drag photos leaked.

by Anonymousreply 52August 23, 2024 4:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!