Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

George Clooney says he was ‘Irritated’ when Quentin Tarantino Said He Wasn’t a Movie Star’

“Quentin said some sh!t about me recently, so I’m a little irritated by him,” Clooney said. “He did some interview where he was naming movie stars, and he was talking about [Brad], and somebody else, and then this guy goes, ‘Well, what about George?’ He goes, he’s not a movie star. And then he literally said something like, ‘Name me a movie since the millennium.’ And I was like, ‘Since the millennium? That’s kind of my whole fµck!ng career.'”

Variety has reached out to Tarantino’s representative for comment.

Speaking about the industry at large, Clooney and Pitt said that Hollywood does not crank out movie stars the way it used to when Clooney and Pitt were rising through the ranks.

“Well, they haven’t developed stars the way the studio system used to,” Clooney said about Hollywood’s lack of stars. “We kind of were at the very end of that, where you could work at a studio and do three or four films, and there was some plan to it. And I don’t think that’s necessarily the case anymore. So it’s harder for you to sell somebody something on the back of a star.”

“But it’s a great time as a young actor,” he added from a differing perspective. “Because when I was a young actor, if you looked at the back of the L.A. Times every Monday morning they had the 64 shows that were made. And of those 64 shows, if you’re actually on one of them, you’re trying to be in the top 20 to keep your show on the air. But that was it. And then the studios were doing five films a year. Now there’s 600 shows. So there’s a lot more work for actors.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206August 29, 2024 2:13 AM

Clooney is a lot shallower than he purports to be. Imagine being offended because someone said you're not really a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2024 8:57 PM

Clooney has never really been that great of an actor, quite honestly.

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2024 8:58 PM

He bought himself a beard like old Hollywood movie star and he wants to be treated like one.

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2024 9:01 PM

He was in that shitty Batman movie in the last millennium.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2024 9:15 PM

He was a shitty Batman.

He peaked at ER.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2024 9:18 PM

Maybe Quentin is irritated that Clooney's beard comes from an arms dealing family who supply Hamas and Hezbollah. The beard's uncle is notorious arms dealer Ziad Takieddine.

Quentin is married to an Israeli woman and lives part of the year in Israel.

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2024 9:23 PM

Maybe Quentin knows that Clooney makes movies, but he doesn't think of him as a "star."

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2024 9:25 PM

Quentin is just irritated George is not as pretty as he is.

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2024 9:26 PM

He is NOT a star.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2024 9:26 PM

And he imagines himself as having the intelligence or experience to write an OP about Biden's health. Friend of Obama. Hoping his new movie bombs and that he can contemplate the end of his movie star career.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2024 9:45 PM

George wants Quentin to give him the RESPECT that he’s ENTITLED TO!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2024 9:47 PM

I must say he was always a mediocre "Hollywood star." I never saw him as handsome as everyone else and he was never in a dramatic role that deserved praise. He was okay in Ocean's 11 and a couple of other films. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2024 9:48 PM

I had to check IMBD to see his list of credits I barely ever remember seeing him in a movie.

He doesn't have much screen charisma. I did like one of his earlier films 1998 Out of Sight and had forgotten he was in Gravity.

I saw him in The Descendants in which I thought he gave a good performance

But most of the movies listed on IMDB: The American, The Ides of March, The Monuments Men, Tomorrowland, Hail Caesar, Money Monster, The Midnight Sky, Ticket to Paradise, The Men Who Stare at Goats, Leatherheads, The Good German, Intolerable Cruelty, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Oh Brother Where Art Thou . . .seem negligible.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2024 10:00 PM

He just tilts and bobs his head in every film.

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2024 10:03 PM

Just a supporting winner.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2024 10:04 PM

Monuments Men was a good movie.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2024 10:10 PM

I'll second and third what r14 said: that's really the extent of his charm.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2024 10:11 PM

Wow, he sure looks leathery.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2024 10:38 PM

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say, "I'm going to see that new George Clooney movie." Tarantino has a point. Clooney is a TV actor who made a nice transition to film, but he never became a movie star like Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2024 10:41 PM

George Clooney is a movie star however he is a dumb cunt for going on record about this because it got more press than the original Tarantino quote. Queen Bey never responds to any haters. Clooney could learn a thing or two.

Tarantino is the greatest film director of all time.

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2024 10:48 PM

It's surprising that someone who is as obsessed with movies as Tarantino would forget about Ocean's 11, Michael Clayton and Burn After Reading.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2024 11:16 PM

Isn’t Quentin a big ole queen? I’ve heard he’s jealous of Clooney…

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2024 11:16 PM

The comment is ridiculous but Clooney has been mostly absent from any major production for the last couple of years or so, so there is a sort of has-been,whatever happened to him, vibe.

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2024 11:21 PM

[quote] It's surprising that someone who is as obsessed with movies as Tarantino would forget about Ocean's 11, Michael Clayton and Burn After Reading.

Or Brother Where Art Thou? Then again, Tarantino was always envious of the Coen Brothers, so it doesn't surprise me he neglects to mention the films Clooney made with them.

by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2024 11:21 PM

Meh, I don’t mind Clooney. I am a huge Tarantino fan, however.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2024 11:22 PM

Clooney's movies get a lot of hype ahead of time and then immediately flop at the box office.

His flops are just vehicles for him to direct young men in their underwear (Boys on the Boat) and for his beard to preen in couture gowns on red carpets as stipulated in her contract. Fluff movies like that Paradise movie with Julia Roberts are just extra cash to offset the cost of the ongoing medical care of the Italian twink he maimed.

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2024 11:27 PM

Given that Tarantino isn't a top shelf director, I'm on team No One.

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2024 11:27 PM

[quote] Clooney has been mostly absent from any major production for the last couple of years or so,

He did have a supporting role in Takedown of a President in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2024 11:32 PM

[quote]Tarantino is the greatest film director of all time.

In a world that has produced Vertov, Tarkovsky, Parajanov, Pasolini, Fellini, Buñuel, Bergman, Kurosawa, Dreyer, Eisenstein, Godard, Ophüls .... et al?

No.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2024 11:34 PM

My hunch is that Quentin meant George's contributions to movies is slight, which I would have to agree with. He said that same thing about Cate Blanchett, basically that her movies will be forgotten.

Agree it's most revealing that George is insecure about this. He must equate all his Oceans 11 films as being a great accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2024 11:42 PM

The second Ocean's 11 movie was just an excuse for the actors to party in Europe on the studio's dime.

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2024 11:44 PM

It's obvious to me after all these years, that while Clooney is intelligent, and charming, he has a huge ego and very thing skin.I don't see him as an affable warm person, and in the film community he picks and chooses who he calls friends. Like Bill Murray, who isa drunken pig in his personal life. He strikes me as someone who has to look down on people, doesn't want to get close to people he considers "peers."

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2024 11:47 PM

I've heard about this "Italian twink maiming" for years here, but I've never seen a link to a story about what actually happened, nor did I hear about it in the press/media. Anybody have a link so I can get more info?

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2024 11:54 PM

The Ides of March is a good movie and he played the villain but that was more Ryan Gosling's film in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2024 12:09 AM

I always feel like he's putting on an act/playing a role in the press and public appearances he does. This sort of explains a lot about him...

In middle school, Clooney developed Bell's palsy, a medical condition that partially paralyzes the face. The malady went away within a year. In an interview with Larry King, he stated that "yes, it goes away. It takes about nine months to go away. It was the first year of high school, which was a bad time for having half your face paralyzed." He also described one positive outcome of the condition: "It's probably a great thing that it happened to me because it forced me to engage in a series of making fun of myself. And I think that's an important part of being famous. The practical jokes have to be aimed at you."

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2024 12:13 AM

George is always acting since he’s gay in real life.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2024 12:16 AM

R31 It’s made 370 mil and over double its budget you dumb cunt. Clooney has had just as many hits as he has flops including a recent hit with Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2024 12:17 AM

R36 But he has been married twice and has children.

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2024 12:18 AM

r37 it was still just an excuse for them to party.

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2024 12:19 AM

R39 ???? Do you have some juicy tea

by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2024 12:20 AM

[quote]nor did I hear about it in the press/media.

Of course you didn't hear anything about it in the media since his high-powered Fixers from Sunshine Sachs (same fixers Weinstein used for years) buried the story. As an added layer of protection, his barrister beard got him a Super Injunction which prevents British media aka the daily mail from reporting on it.

For those who dismiss the blind, note that the incident happened in 2013 and the blind wasn't even published until 2016. The blind site just took info that had already been circulating for a couple of years and corroborated by locals on Como and added a couple of red herrings to cover their ass (jewelry is a red herring) and got themselves some clicks.

by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2024 12:23 AM

Maybe the twink was being mouthy? Did he die?

by Anonymousreply 42August 14, 2024 12:27 AM

^No he didn't die.

by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2024 12:30 AM

Clooney is a tv star, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2024 12:31 AM

R43 ok then. Was Clooney drunk when he beat him? Lucky twink.

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2024 12:32 AM

I mainly remember his tv roles

by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2024 12:33 AM

As already mentioned but bears repeating, he just tilts and bobs his head and does wide eyed mugging for the camera.

I can do that. Pay me bazillions.

by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2024 12:34 AM

Tarantino looks to have had a lot of cosmetic laser resurfacing. He might not want to ever go outside in the sun again, or his face could form a giant keloid.

by Anonymousreply 48August 14, 2024 12:37 AM

Michael Clayton is a great film, highly recommended. Clooney was awesome in it, but Tilda Swinton and Tom Wilkinson were the real standouts. Swinton rightfully deserved the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 49August 14, 2024 12:37 AM

It was a party so probably drunk. Didn't beat him. Lost his footing climbing up and away in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 50August 14, 2024 12:38 AM

Let Clooney show him what a REAL movie star's feet look like

by Anonymousreply 51August 14, 2024 12:41 AM

I've only heard the Lake Como twink story on DL and nowhere else. I doubt it happened.

by Anonymousreply 52August 14, 2024 12:42 AM

An entire site was shut down ca. 2017 when the victim was doxxed....

by Anonymousreply 53August 14, 2024 12:46 AM

Fuck Clooney-has been who never was -HANDSOME-HACK

by Anonymousreply 54August 14, 2024 12:59 AM

He never showed his dick-he is no movie star!

by Anonymousreply 55August 14, 2024 1:00 AM

Didn't he show his ass in Gravity? Or so I hear. I didn't see the movie.

by Anonymousreply 56August 14, 2024 1:16 AM

R56 no he did not. Who told you that. There in space suits.

by Anonymousreply 57August 14, 2024 1:18 AM

I worked with Mr. Clooney on the set of UITA in 2007/2008. Let me just say that he gives excellent shoulder rubs!

by Anonymousreply 58August 14, 2024 1:22 AM

This injustice has to stop!!

by Anonymousreply 59August 14, 2024 1:22 AM

George Clooney is the most beautiful bisexual daddy bear ever.

by Anonymousreply 60August 14, 2024 1:25 AM

I hate George Clooney

by Anonymousreply 61August 14, 2024 1:25 AM

I stand corrected r57, he didn't show his ass in Gravity, he showed it in Solaris.

Mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 62August 14, 2024 1:43 AM

Maybe Quentin considers him an old TV star who had some movie success in the 1990s, but is not an enduring movie star. I can respect that assessment.

by Anonymousreply 63August 14, 2024 1:46 AM

I forgot they did From Dusk til Dawn together. Tarantino is a cunt. George Clooney is very much a movie star. The orchestrate of hits vs flops does not constitute what makes one a movie star.

Joe Biden stepped down didn’t he.

by Anonymousreply 64August 14, 2024 1:53 AM

R41, you’ve been on here for years now over this maimed twink shit.

Isn’t it highly likely the twink just got drunk/high AF, & slipped & fell over the banister, & down the hill?

What on earth makes you think Clooney threw him over intentionally? Why the heck would he do that? The man has been in the industry for decades, & it’s not easy to believe he’d risk it all, & intentionally hurt anyone- IF this even happened.

He was a full grown adult when this ALLEGEDLY occurred, not some careless teenager.

I know crazy shit happens, and that fixers fix, but this story makes little sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 65August 14, 2024 2:00 AM

Poor George. If you have to tell people you are a movie star, maybe you aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 66August 14, 2024 2:01 AM

He gave me lots of invaluable career advice. During the UITA shooting, I was at my lowest after having been blackballed by Julia Roberts and Kirstie Alley for getting bigger laughs than them on a few film shoots. At the time I was even having trouble finding EDITORs to put together sizzle reels for me due to the nasty gossip JR and KA were spreading around Hollywood about me. I don’t want to be dramatic, but Mr. Clooney really resuscitated my career and gave me back my confidence. Plus those neck rubs 🤗

by Anonymousreply 67August 14, 2024 2:04 AM

[quote] There in space suits.

[quote] The orchestrate of hits vs flops

by Anonymousreply 68August 14, 2024 2:09 AM

Clooney did well in "Up in the Air."

by Anonymousreply 69August 14, 2024 2:13 AM

Yes, agreed. I like Up in the Air, Descendants and Ocean’s 11

by Anonymousreply 70August 14, 2024 2:26 AM

Michael Clayton and Out of Sight are the two best things he’s ever done.

by Anonymousreply 71August 14, 2024 2:38 AM

Clooney was once a television star who did a few movies.

Now he's sort of a self-proclaimed or self-imagined "industry statesman/authority."

by Anonymousreply 72August 14, 2024 2:47 AM

^^Yes, very true. Consider his ridiculous Clooney Foundation for Justice.

by Anonymousreply 73August 14, 2024 3:03 AM

He has an entitled attitude. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 74August 14, 2024 3:09 AM

Hollywood has emboldened Tarantino and his ego to talk shit about people in interviews. He recently called Truffaut a "bumbling amateur." Yes, Francois Truffaut, a filmmaker Tarantino quoted numerous times throughout his films, was a "bumbling amateur."

You would never hear Scorsese, DePalma, Coppola, or Spielberg speak recklessly about legendary filmmakers who paved the way for them, like Tarantino. Tarantino even dissed John Ford when he released Django.

by Anonymousreply 75August 14, 2024 3:27 AM

I like his movies, but I don't like his personality. He has this sarcasm thing and a certain arrogance I don't care for.

by Anonymousreply 76August 14, 2024 3:36 AM

He's not as charismatic as some of the other male stars.

I'm surprised he even commented. He should have just remained silent. Now I'm even more convinced that his marriage is a sham. He only cares about his image.

by Anonymousreply 77August 14, 2024 4:01 AM

George Clooney is very close to an industry plant.

He was able to do everything a movie star does except sell tickets. Aside from “Ocean’s Eleven” and a few other movies, he never really had any hits.

I feel like he was the first actor to be famous and put on the A-List without being able to back it up.

Kind of like Chris Hemsworth today. All his movies outside of Thor are flops but the media loves him so he’s treated A-List.

by Anonymousreply 78August 14, 2024 4:52 AM

From nepo baby to a limited release Apple film.

by Anonymousreply 79August 14, 2024 5:26 AM

Clooney's good in 'Ides Of March', 'Michael Clayton' and 'Up In The Air', where his limitations suit the questionable characters' flaws. (Rather like Cruise being plausible in 'Collateral' and "Magnolia'.)

Otherwise he's a workmanlike empty suit, over-promoted due to supposed gorgeousness. Even in ER he was like a 'heart-throb' from an earlier TV era, ill-suited to the grit and pace of that watchable show.

by Anonymousreply 80August 14, 2024 6:16 AM

I really think that r6 has nailed it.

Because George Clooney is not only a movie star; he's famously considered a throwback to Cary Grant. He's been a television star and transitioned to the lead in two film franchises, including movies with Brad Pitt and Matt Damon.

What does QT want?

by Anonymousreply 81August 14, 2024 6:25 AM

Tarantino just wants anal from Amal.

by Anonymousreply 82August 14, 2024 6:27 AM

[quote]It's surprising that someone who is as obsessed with movies as Tarantino would forget about Ocean's 11, Michael Clayton and Burn After Reading.

I've seen each of these (all on airplanes) but they were passable fare and Clooney passably good.

O Brother, Where Art Thou? I would say I'd his best film and best performance. He coasts by as a silver-haired guy who looks good in a suit, a Cary Grant type without Cary Grant's talent and polish and persona that saw him fit into roles as easily as he buttoned or unbuttoned his perfectly fitting suits. Clooney was a poor man's Cary Grant-lite for an inelegant time, for a former mugging, mop-headed "star" of Facts of Life," for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 83August 14, 2024 6:38 AM

Geena Davis read with four actors for the Brad Pitt role in Thelma & Louise -- Pitt, Grant Show, Mark Ruffalo and Clooney. George was so unremarkable that Davis had no memory of him when they "met" years later while seated next to each other on an airplane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 14, 2024 7:58 AM

I don't know if the Como scary story is true or not, but the posters that say that it van't be true because it has not been reported in media is either an idiot or pretending to be naive.

When did you read about Weinstein or Cosby in the media before their downfall. Weinstein was called: "wonderful human being and dear friend" by Michelle Obama just few years before it came out out he was a serial rapist. Where did you read about Hollywood pedophiles. Nowhere.

You don't because people that own media are close to people in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 85August 14, 2024 8:33 AM

And not only Hollywood. Rich, famous and powerful are protected and things get hushed from the police to the courts to the media.

by Anonymousreply 86August 14, 2024 8:52 AM

pedo murderer!

by Anonymousreply 87August 14, 2024 9:21 AM

R33 you won’t see it because his PR bots and legal team have it removed wherever possible.

by Anonymousreply 88August 14, 2024 10:56 AM

Irritated George might be soothed by this morning's UK press. The Daily Telegraph (of all papers) front-pages a big picture of George with Brad on a bed, wearing pyjamas and robe respectively. They look like A-gays of a certain age. Headline, 'In Bed With Brad and George.'

by Anonymousreply 89August 14, 2024 11:32 AM

Meh, two entitled Hollywood cunts sniffing at each other

by Anonymousreply 90August 14, 2024 1:26 PM

Didn't George pull the "in bed" promotion stunt with Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford? There is so much bullshit with George and Brad. Aging out of an industry is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 91August 14, 2024 1:42 PM

[quote]“Quentin said some sh!t about me recently, so I’m a little irritated by him. He did some interview where he was naming movie stars, and he was talking about [Brad], and somebody else, and then this guy goes, 'Well, what about George?' He goes, he’s not a movie star. And then he literally said something like, ‘Name me a movie since the millennium.’ And I was like, ‘Since the millennium? That’s kind of my whole fµck!ng career. So now I’m like, all right, dude, fuck off'. I don’t mind giving him shit. He gave me shit. But no, look, we’re really lucky we got to work with these great directors. Director and screenplay is what keeps you alive.”

He's not very sophisticated...he talks like a teenager. And yes, he is "really lucky" to work with great directors because he's not a good actor, IMO.

(I've heard first-hand that he's nice to crew members, so I'll compliment him on that.)

by Anonymousreply 92August 14, 2024 2:05 PM

The reason George is probably "irritated" with Quentin is because Quentin was positively effusive in his glowing praise of Brad Pitt as the last of the true movie stars. He cited Inglorious Bastards as the moment when he was looking at the frame in his viewfinder as Brad enter the scene and he talked about how he just dominated the scene, the frame, the whole fucking thing. Tarantino was waxing so eloquently I expected him to orgasm.

by Anonymousreply 93August 14, 2024 2:41 PM

OP- Brad Pitt and George Clooney have one thing in common they’re both

HOMOS

by Anonymousreply 94August 14, 2024 2:50 PM

WEHT his friendship with Marky Mark? Wasn't it reported they even shared hotel rooms before?

by Anonymousreply 95August 14, 2024 2:56 PM

I’m so happy Quentin got under his skin enough to cry about it publicly.

Quentin makes entertainment. You might not like his style but he provides a movie theater experience. He knows how to rile up audiences.

Seeing his movies in the cinemas have been the most fun experiences. I’ll never forget the lady in front of me was horrified when Jennifer Jason Leigh blew snot out of her nose in “The Hateful Eight”. The woman complained about it for at least 10 minutes to her husband.

by Anonymousreply 96August 14, 2024 3:45 PM

My sphicter feels your pain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 14, 2024 4:09 PM

George, I think what Quentin Tarantino meant is that a movie star can actually open a movie.

Box office history shows that isn’t you. (And Apple has already pulled the theatrical release of your latest film because they don’t want to waste money promoting it.)

by Anonymousreply 98August 14, 2024 6:00 PM

^Did not know that about pulling the theatrical release of his new movie. Ouch. Look at the box office numbers & budget for George's Tomorrowland. It's amazing that anyone would give him another opportunity to make films.

by Anonymousreply 99August 14, 2024 6:12 PM

Everyone else in Michael Clayton acted rings around him.

by Anonymousreply 100August 14, 2024 6:33 PM

In bed with Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 101August 14, 2024 7:26 PM

I've seen Clooney in a lot of movies. The American, Good Night and Good Luck, Syriana, Ides of March, Michael Clayton, the Oceans movies, The Descendants, Up In The Air, Monuments Men. They were pretty good mostly. I liked them. But I've never considered him a "movie star." IMO a "Movie Star" should generate excitement. He has never, IMO generated an excitement.

by Anonymousreply 102August 15, 2024 2:24 AM

R96, his ego will allow anyone and everyone to get under his skin. He was just raging (again) over his experience filming with David O Russell. Why does he think the public wants to hear his petty grievances? There's such a lack of decorum invading every sector of society. Just shut up and look pretty. That's your job.

by Anonymousreply 103August 15, 2024 2:43 AM

Poor George looks like Brad’s father.

by Anonymousreply 104August 15, 2024 3:09 AM

I really enjoyed "Burn After Reading," too. Meant to name that in my list.

by Anonymousreply 105August 15, 2024 3:11 AM

Oh Gayorg, if you need someone to flatter you, you’re a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 106August 15, 2024 3:28 AM

Clooney to make Broadway debut

The latest surprise for theatergoers dropped earlier this week when it was announced that two-time Academy Award winner and eternal heartthrob George Clooney will make his Broadway debut next spring in a stage adaptation of Good Night, and Good Luck, a historical drama set in the world of broadcast journalism at the height of Red-Scare politics. Clooney, who played Fred Friendly in the 2005 film he directed and also co-wrote with Grant Heslov, will now step into the lead role of Edward R. Murrow—again co-writing the stage play with Heslov but leaving the directing to Tony winner David Cromer.

Will Biden attend!

by Anonymousreply 107August 15, 2024 3:52 AM

I don't think George's head tilting and bobbing will translate well to live on a Broadway stage. He will probably overact to compensate. Narcissist George doesn't know his limits.

by Anonymousreply 108August 15, 2024 9:18 AM

What’s next for Clooney? Watch for late night DUI arrest.

by Anonymousreply 109August 15, 2024 9:53 AM

Maybe he’ll slap a cop.

by Anonymousreply 110August 15, 2024 9:54 AM

While he's doing the play in NYC maybe a male model will run naked from his suite at The Carlyle Hotel and trip and fall on the UES.

Lots of stories of George entertaining the local male models at the Carlyle back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 111August 15, 2024 9:59 AM

Clooney on Broadway? I've lived too long because now I've heard everything. NYT: 'Clooney pays off critics for positive review's"

by Anonymousreply 112August 15, 2024 2:18 PM

It’s wayyy past time for George to get canceled.

by Anonymousreply 113August 15, 2024 2:55 PM

We never got any Clooney dick-pics. This is outrages and just plain wrong.

by Anonymousreply 114August 15, 2024 3:09 PM

He peaked in the Facts of Life.

by Anonymousreply 115August 15, 2024 3:47 PM

Clooney is not a movie star. He's definitely a TV star and he was featured in a few popular movies but he's not a movie star.

1. He does not open a tent-pole movie like movie stars do.

2. He is not offered movies with a 200M budget because there's no guarantee his name would help them recoup.

3. His big boxoffice career lasted less than 15 years. His first big movie was The Perfect Storm in 2000, his last was Gravity in 2013 and he played a supporting role in it.

So there you have it. Quentin was right.

by Anonymousreply 116August 16, 2024 12:40 AM

How thin skinned can he be to let something like this get him all up in his fee-fees? He wasn’t this upset when SOUTH PARK let him have it - TWICE.

by Anonymousreply 117August 16, 2024 12:47 AM

Clooney is always quick to mention Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable in his interviews to make it seem like he is in their league.

by Anonymousreply 118August 16, 2024 2:02 AM

He doesn't live in America. He lives in the UK, and also has a villa in Italy he allegedly just sold, so he could get something in France. I think he doesn't much care for the Extreme Right and the neo- fascists running Italy right now.

by Anonymousreply 119August 16, 2024 2:26 AM

Not a huge Clooney fan, but he is a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 120August 16, 2024 3:02 AM

I’m with R115- peaked on facts.Wonder if any of those ‘’facts girls’’ got a peek? He was adorable,on that show. Not the acting of course but that face and sorry to admit- I love big hair on guys. Ok ok don’t be so nasty.

by Anonymousreply 121August 16, 2024 3:27 AM

[quote]Clooney is always quick to mention Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable in his interviews to make it seem like he is in their league.

[quote]"That’s kind of my whole fucking career.'”

[quote]“So now I’m like, all right, dude, fuck off. I don’t mind giving him shit."

Spoken just like Cary, Jimmy and Clark indeed. Plus a vulgar wedding in Venice, and coffee commercials, similarly conjure up memories of our golden age greats.

by Anonymousreply 122August 16, 2024 5:50 AM

[quote]Clooney is always quick to mention Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable in his interviews to make it seem like he is in their league.

Quick and often to mention... He does the humble background act when it suits his purposes, but mostly likes mugging for the cameras with that patented look of the harried movie atar en route to something even more glamorous, "must run, but we'll talk...soon!" and the smile and the little wave. Not that there's anything wrong with that, he's not the best or worst actor/celebrity to employ the trick.

A Google image search for "George and Amal" is interesting. Both have the look down: the clothes, the smile, the always be in motion look. But damn, Donald and Ivana give them a run for the forced body language and barely concealed contempt - though their better looks and clothes and teeth give off more brightness to distract from the look of two people who will not be long in the same room together. Even the beat photos reveal a forced "chemistry."

He's cornered the silver-haired, well put together man of a certain age thing (I should.know), but there's not much to him beyond that. His gravitas efforts like Monuments Men which he also directed are hammy as fuck, a complete ruin of a great story that practically tells itself. He's not the.worst actor, but he's no Cary Grant (who had a lot more than great hair and a couple of "dashing" poses.)

Living in Europe my opinion of him has grown dimmer from those ducking Nescafé ads of which he is brand ambassador.and which could have bought him 4, 5, or 6 Lake Como houses in 2010 money. I can hardly blame him for not turning down €40M or €60M, but they're just a constant reminder of his lightness and insubstantiality.

Tarantino was right.

by Anonymousreply 123August 16, 2024 6:43 AM

R123, agree with your observations of George and Amal. I appreciate your description of contempt - that's exactly the vibe. George has spent the last decade trying to make Amal a great star, humanitarian & fashion icon. The devil is in the details of the contract. Arranged pap shots while she's in NYC, the Met ball a few years ago & their very own Albies gala (bringing out all of their celebrity friends). I think what we see is anger in George's face. No doubt that he loves his kids but it seems he's living with the toll of having his wings clipped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 16, 2024 1:15 PM

Tarantino has always been a petty little bitch. And if he's straight, I'm a dolphin.

by Anonymousreply 125August 16, 2024 1:56 PM

Agree with both r123 and r124 and would like to add:

Any Jewish actors who attend the Clooneys' upcoming Albie Awards ought to be ashamed of themselves. The beard's uncle is a well-known arms dealer Ziad Takieddine who supplies Hamas. Her whole family is allegedly involved but are silent partners and it's how they obtained their wealth. Is The Clooney Foundation a money laundry for her shady family?

The body language between him and his beard has always been wooden, choreographed and joyless starting with the tacky People magazine "wedding" photos. They don't even appear to be friends who enjoy each other's company. I've never seen a photo of them laughing and joking together like with George and Julia Roberts who are always laughing together, and Julia knows he's gay so it's not a flirtation.

The beard and her arms dealing family have George over a barrel. They know about his sexuality and they know what happened on Lake Como. For the rest of his life, they call the shots. That is why he always looks tense and stiff with her. But what is the alternative for him? To be exposed and loss of his career and earning ability? I hope they make his life miserable.

In conclusion: his Fixers screwed up hiring him a camera thirsty beard with a shady family who have backed him into a corner and intimidate him. They should have hired him a naive, pretty young thing with no agenda or baggage to deflect from his Como fiasco and then he would have been in charge of his life not her and her family.

by Anonymousreply 126August 16, 2024 2:11 PM

Wow.Did not know Clooney back story.You guys are good-up for more if you got it?

by Anonymousreply 127August 16, 2024 4:08 PM

While we’re talking ‘beard’’ marriages- what do you guys know about Candice Owen’s-George Farmer. He’s the son of British aristocrat.

by Anonymousreply 128August 16, 2024 4:20 PM

Allegedly Clooney was out until his star began to rise. I think maybe his PR team thought it might be better to go back in the closet. Allegedly Jude Law did the same thing, but he’s much more extreme than Clooney in the sense that he’s sworn off men completely. Law has worked overtime establishing his reputation as a womanizing ladies man. But he doesn’t have as many skeletons as Clooney does, I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 129August 16, 2024 4:24 PM

Oh man! This is great-what else?

by Anonymousreply 130August 16, 2024 4:42 PM

Ditto. Meeting my therapist at 10 but I’ll be back.

by Anonymousreply 131August 16, 2024 4:45 PM

[quote]Allegedly Clooney was out until his star began to rise.

It was supposedly an open secret on ER set that he was with ER hairstylist Waldo Sanchez. After ER, Waldo traveled everywhere with George. George's Caesar haircut must have required a lot of attention, LOL. Waldo has worked on many of George's movies and Waldo was also a groomsman in the sham "wedding", his photo is in People magazine spread. Waldo was good looking up until the time of the wedding, has since let himself go. In that recent interview where Clooney rants about David O. Russell, he mentions "my buddy Waldo grabbed me and held me back from hitting David..." I think that was Geroge's way of getting in front of the story about Waldo and I also suspect David O. Russell may have lobbed a few slurs....

George and Noah Wyle were enjoying each other's company and even took a European vacation together before Waldo was hired at ER and Noah got dumped. Word got out to the tabloids about their European vacation (Enquirer?) and his publicist had to issue a statement saying it was a "buddies vacation" and the guy who played Dr. Benton was also on the trip. I believe it was the Enquirer who then published photos of Dr. Benton in L.A. at the time he was supposed to be in Europe with Geroge and Noah, lol.

by Anonymousreply 132August 16, 2024 4:52 PM

Supposedly he was also with Marky Mark during the movies they made together. Coincidentally, the blonde French beard he was with at the time sued him when her contract expired and was threatening to expose him and Marky. She sued around the time of A Perfect Storm. He settled with her and she got 1M and a modest L.A. house.

Additionally, Marky Mark was supposedly originally cast in Matt Damon's role in Ocean's 11. The two wanting to share a hotel room got George's people in a panic as the paps were swarming Vegas so they replaced Marky. Then his PR floated the story George was "canoodling" with Julia in Vegas to misdirect the paps. Julia being the good friend she is, went along with the ruse even though she was already with Vera's husband behind the scenes. George's people then urged him to get a place in Europe to lessen the chances of getting caught by paps. He got the place on Lake Como after Ocean's 11, Marky Mark got religion after the Ocean's debacle.

Notice George going out of his way in interviews to tell a story about Marky Mark turning down a role in Ocean's 11? He says Marky said "fuck no". That's just more getting in front of the story, pre-emptive strike, damage control. etc.

by Anonymousreply 133August 16, 2024 5:12 PM

*dear old muriel

by Anonymousreply 134August 16, 2024 5:16 PM

Drunk Drew & Waldo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 16, 2024 5:27 PM

I read the Drew and Waldo story was put out as damage control after the daily mail comments section was rife with George and Waldo comments and anecdotes.

I've also read the beard's mother Baria (who by the way hates America/Americans) frequently calls and complains to DM about mean comments about her man face daughter. I guess Baria is a Prince Harry of sorts when it comes to daily mail comments section. She sued daily mail or had George sue them about some article insinuating her daughter married "up" or something along those lines. Daily mail had to make amends by running an article about how it was George who married "up". Baria was also caught shoplifting a purse in Milan and invoked Geroge's name, "do you know WHO my son in law is?" LOL.

Drew is an old friend of George's and obviously would help out with a puff piece article to deflect. Didn't she do a movie with George? Anyway, DM chose the worst possible photo of Waldo as is their m.o.

by Anonymousreply 136August 16, 2024 5:46 PM

Why should George Clooney care what Quentin Tarantino thinks of his stardom?

These celebrities are so thin-skinned.

by Anonymousreply 137August 16, 2024 5:47 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 138August 16, 2024 5:47 PM

[quote] Why should George Clooney care what Quentin Tarantino thinks of his stardom?

I wonder if part of the issue is that Clooney worked with Tarantino on From Dusk to Dawn decades ago and probably considered him a friend.

by Anonymousreply 139August 16, 2024 6:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 16, 2024 6:46 PM

#9 is Waldo.

by Anonymousreply 141August 16, 2024 6:49 PM

Wow-that was great. I need a cigarette…

by Anonymousreply 142August 16, 2024 7:16 PM

R140 1million each for keeping his secrets?

by Anonymousreply 143August 16, 2024 8:35 PM

[quote]1million each for keeping his secrets?

Yes, most of the guys (not all) were the same guys that were at the Como party when the twink got hurt and told the police they didn't see or hear anything.

Very clever to do it publicly.

by Anonymousreply 144August 16, 2024 8:58 PM

And they must be some juicy secrets...here is the article where he confirms it & describes picking up the 14 million in cash.

After reading this GQ article from 2020, George's greatest love is himself. Interesting to watch a celebrity lose clout and see how they try to stay relevant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 16, 2024 9:05 PM

R123

[quote] His gravitas efforts like Monuments Men which he also directed are hammy as fuck, a complete ruin of a great story that practically tells itself.

Yes, a great book and great story and Clooney's debacle did not do justice to either. Terrible, terrible movie.

And Clooney daring to compare himself to Cary Grant exposes the Clooney self serving idiocy. Grant could act rings and rings around mediocre George across a long and varied career. There is no comparison and trying to tie himself to Grant is preposterous and anyone familiar with Grant's catalog and range of films can easily see that.

Buy a clue, George.

And, lastly, he looked like Nathan Detroit when he strolled up to attend the Sussex wedding. Attached to the camera seeking and loving marital unit.

by Anonymousreply 146August 16, 2024 9:07 PM

Clooney comparing himself to Cary Grant? I’m sorry I hadn’t heard George was suffering from Alzheimer’s. Maybe the car/cycle crash exacerbated the condition. He was a face -WAS a face and that’s all.

by Anonymousreply 147August 16, 2024 9:25 PM

R125, word on the streets is that you are NOT a dolphin…

by Anonymousreply 148August 16, 2024 9:29 PM

Every single man pictured in R140 is not straight, except George.

That said, this is such old news. We’ve ran this over millions of times, like a possum, that ended up on the interstate during rush hour.

No one gives a shit about who fucks who, or about Amal’s uncle, or her klepto mother, or about the twink in Italy, or where Waldo may be.

by Anonymousreply 149August 16, 2024 9:47 PM

R149 Ok- sorry George-we’ll let it go - - - for today.

by Anonymousreply 150August 16, 2024 9:56 PM

[quote]He is NOT a star.

And neither is Patti LuPone!

by Anonymousreply 151August 16, 2024 10:03 PM

R149 = low level Sunshine Sachs peon.

by Anonymousreply 152August 16, 2024 10:26 PM

R152 doesn’t get sarcasm, which is fine, since the rest of my post after my 1st sentence, wasn’t sarcasm at all.

This is very old news. This comes up every 4 months or so, & has, since the Italian wedding extravaganza.

And no, not at Sunny Sachs, lol!

by Anonymousreply 153August 16, 2024 10:39 PM

Ok r153 my bad, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 154August 16, 2024 10:40 PM

I've never heard of the Lake Como twink anywhere but here.

by Anonymousreply 155August 16, 2024 10:40 PM

I found out about it at AGC. Several blogs carried the story but mysteriously it disappeared. You can say what you want but I believe it. We’re going to have to agree to disagree.

Clooney and Gerber are butt slime.

by Anonymousreply 156August 16, 2024 10:50 PM

No r155, you haven't heard about the Italian twink on many sites because that's what a Crisis Management Team aka Fixers are for, to bury their client's misdeeds and keep the story out of the press and save their client's ass!

Super Injunctions also prevent the press from reporting on legal matters. A barrister beard would come in handy for getting a Super Injunction Court Order in the UK and for preventing the Daily Mail and others from reporting on it.

The press didn't report on Weinstein's misdeeds for many years either because he used the best, most ruthless Fixers in the business, Sunshine Sachs Fixers. Until he was finally exposed. But he got away with it for many years thanks to Sunshine.

Clooney also used Sunshine Sachs Fixers which is the real reason he was at the Sussex wedding. Sunshine Sachs was Meghan's PR Firm at the time and he owed them a huge favor, they saved his career!

Clooney's agent is Bryan Lourd who was an enabler of Weinstein, Bryan would know to get in touch with Sunshine Sachs to "fix" George's problem. Bryan Lourd is also the mastermind behind the whole humanitarian "brand" for Clooney and his beard and sits on the board of the questionable Clooney Foundation.

The beard was just a junior entertainment lawyer before she was hired for this lucrative bearding gig. George's PR padded her resume and manufactured the human rights "brand" for her.

The humanitarian angle for him and human rights for her is supposed to create reasonable doubt in the public's mind that he could have done anything seedy or that she would help cover it up for him.

Also, Sunshine Sachs aren't perfect. The story got out on Lake Como because Sunshine forgot to silence the teen's co-workers (he was a waiter) and they went looking for him when he never returned to work after he attended a party at Casa de Clooney!

Google Ken Sunshine, creepy looking mother fucker, bunch of photos of him with Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 157August 16, 2024 11:29 PM

R157 he is scary looking. Too much PS has feminized his face.

by Anonymousreply 158August 17, 2024 12:05 AM

Amal is one of those tall, skinny, long-necked women who, weirdly enough, doesn’t have a good body. She looks gangly and sterile.

by Anonymousreply 159August 17, 2024 12:14 AM

HE CAN GO FUCK HIMSELF!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 160August 17, 2024 2:01 AM

R157-great stuff but if Amal was only a jr. entertainment lawyer does she really have family that sells arms to Hammas?

by Anonymousreply 161August 17, 2024 2:36 AM

[quote]The beard was just a junior entertainment lawyer before she was hired for this lucrative bearding gig. George's PR padded her resume and manufactured the human rights "brand" for her.

She started as an entertainment lawyer but she was working as a human rights lawyer for nearly a decade before she met Clooney.

by Anonymousreply 162August 17, 2024 2:44 AM

Juicy thread, finally good gossip

by Anonymousreply 163August 17, 2024 3:36 AM

Question: If we haven’t seen George Clooney dic pic - does that mean he has NOTHING to hide?

by Anonymousreply 164August 17, 2024 4:26 AM

Re: R140: Richard Kind & Tommy Hinkley? They were on the first season of Mad About You together (1992). That's probably how Hinkley ended up pig-sitting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 17, 2024 4:50 AM

Amal being an entertainment lawyer doesn't preclude her family from selling arms. Both can be true. Also, she has an LLM which is equivalent to a U.S. Master's degree not a J.D.

Someone on another site said she's still listed as a junior barrister on her firm's roster. Her firm just uses the Clooney name to raise the profile of their cases. She doesn't actually work on any of the cases, just comes in at the end to make a speech written for her and get attention for the case based on the Clooney name. Her colleagues dislike her as she doesn't do any actual work and is a lightweight.

All her awards, Time magazine covers and UN speaking engagements are purchased by George's PR. Just like Harry and Meghan's awards, Time magazine cover and UN speaking engagements are purchased for them by their PR. A jumped-up junior barrister and a jumped up dlist cable actress buying themselves unearned accolades.

She was hired by George's people when she was 33 or 34 and couldn't have been working as a Human Rights lawyer for ten years prior since she was 23 as she spent quite a few years as an entertainment lawyer and that math doesn't add up. Also, her father donated very expensive equipment to her university thus the prestigious schooling.

by Anonymousreply 166August 17, 2024 11:03 AM

Amal tells a sob story of fleeing Lebanon to a refugee camp and eating only rice. In reality, her family fled Lebanon in her uncle's private jet and lived in his mansion in France until they made their way to Britain. Her uncle is (or was) banned from entering the UK.

She and George have a chateau in France now, wonder how often they get together with Uncle Ziad.

by Anonymousreply 167August 17, 2024 11:06 AM

Clooney has produced many projects with billionaire Ron Burkle who was a frequent flyer on Epstein's plane. Clooney and Rande have also done real estate deals in the Hamptons with Burkle.

Clooney even had the audacity to partner with Ron Burkle on that documentary about the abuse of wrestlers at Ohio State. HBO bought the doc but never aired it. I guess HBO knew all about Ron Burkle and maybe even about Clooney's Italian sexcapades.

Takes some nerve, Clooney must feel invincible given what he has been able to get away with.

by Anonymousreply 168August 17, 2024 11:11 AM

He's not. He's at most a male celebutaunte.

by Anonymousreply 169August 17, 2024 11:50 AM

He is no better than Diddy in reality.

by Anonymousreply 170August 17, 2024 1:15 PM

I wouldn't go that far.

by Anonymousreply 171August 17, 2024 5:56 PM

Never regularly opened movies. Never had his name alone above the title regularly. Never had his movies regularly positioned in the prime parts of the year..summer, holiday weekends, Christmas time. That's where any ole movie true movie stars put out would get their release dates. Even Julia Roberts as a woman would have her movies go up again super summer blockbusters and could hold her own. Quentin was right. And of course the only film he ever opened successfully was Ocean's 11. Look who he surrounded himself with. Nearly all of the most famous stars of the time. That was never gonna be in question.

by Anonymousreply 172August 17, 2024 6:23 PM

He played a dopey cop on The Golden Girls. I think he's better at playing dopey than suave and intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 173August 17, 2024 6:31 PM

Wonder if any journalist will ask him about his Biden please drop out letter during the press tour? If I recall correctly, he can get very testy when he's asked difficult questions, ex. Nespresso.

by Anonymousreply 174August 17, 2024 6:33 PM

He also hated Leonardo DiCaprio because his friends were a bunch of club kids who are bad at basketball.

I can hold the fact that Russell Crowe is a dickhead, and love the fact that he called George Clooney a sell-out for his Nespresso ads, equally in my mind.

by Anonymousreply 175August 18, 2024 6:24 AM

Brad and George are interviewed by GQ at Brad's Chateau Miraval in France. I couldn't help myself and read the article. George lives in his French chateau 9 minutes away and drove over in his Benz - had never been to Brad's before. The highlight is when Amal and the two kids drive up and interrupt the interview just after it started. The kids were introduced and off they went to play. Then Brad, George, Amal and the interviewer all sat down to resume the interview. Amal asks how did the interview go? George replies, "we just started." Pitt says "we got eight minutes of interview." George said, "your timing is perfect." "I'm sure that's sufficient," Amal says to the interviewer, laughing. Is that part of the deal? She gets to join in on George's magazine interview and be a part of the gang? Aside from that strange part of the interview, the biggest takeaway is how both Brad & George are not handling aging very well. A pinch of sadness and defensiveness throughout. Plus, it appears in one of Brad's photos that he has a camel toe.

by Anonymousreply 176August 26, 2024 11:24 PM

Haven’t located ‘’Camel toe Brad’’ pic-anyone?

by Anonymousreply 177August 27, 2024 1:59 AM

Of course money helps but even the most beautiful Hollywood hunk becomes a hideous fuck. All in good time my little pretty.All in good time.

by Anonymousreply 178August 27, 2024 2:01 AM

There just isn’t much negative press/media about George Clooney. Well behaved guy or Catch and Kill??? We may never know.

by Anonymousreply 179August 27, 2024 2:33 AM

R176, if you are on the level, so is Amal George's keeper/minder?

That all seems, to put it mildly, awkward.

I might say "Poor George", but I think he's a jerk, so "Boo Hoo".

by Anonymousreply 180August 27, 2024 2:33 AM

Here's the picture - pants are not flattering on Brad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 27, 2024 3:36 AM

JFC how about direct linking to the pic instead of the whole fucking article r181?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 27, 2024 3:39 AM

Hopeful candidates for the ‘’ Celeb-Death’’ thread. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 183August 27, 2024 1:59 PM

Two ‘’has-Beens’’. Will be entertaining watching these two attempting to recapture their youth.

by Anonymousreply 184August 27, 2024 2:02 PM

R92 Everyone talks like a teenager to you old prudes because you didn’t grow up with the internet and cyber devices so you think all conversation has to be formal or as if one is writing a dissertation.

by Anonymousreply 185August 27, 2024 2:23 PM

R183, I think it will be much more satisfying to watch them aging out and experiencing their own fade from stardom. This interview made them look somewhat pathetic. Very wealthy know-it-alls but angry guys.

by Anonymousreply 186August 27, 2024 2:23 PM

They all fade out eventually. Even the biggest stars.

Madonna was the most famous woman on the planet for years and even she went into decline. Time and age happen to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 187August 27, 2024 4:05 PM

R185-too wordy-pleases condense.

by Anonymousreply 188August 27, 2024 4:11 PM

I read some of the article and looked at the pictures.

Two old rich guys patting each other on the back. And, I notice that George once again brings up Cary Grant.

Just stop it, George.

You couldn't match Cary Grant , talent or looks wise, on your best day.

by Anonymousreply 189August 27, 2024 4:16 PM

[quote] Madonna was the most famous woman on the planet for years

We are not amused.

by Anonymousreply 190August 27, 2024 4:17 PM

George Clooney= Cary Grant -When?

by Anonymousreply 191August 27, 2024 4:20 PM

Their skin has that fine ‘’Trumpian Leather’’ look - just lovely.

by Anonymousreply 192August 27, 2024 4:25 PM

[quote]George Clooney= Cary Grant -When?

Whenever George is in need of an ego boost, he dares to go there. Try to imagine George sustaining the brilliant thrilling confection which is 'North By Northwest.' Me neither.

by Anonymousreply 193August 27, 2024 4:31 PM

R189 George Clooney is much better looking than Cary Grant and that is saying a lot because Cary Grant was a good looking man.

by Anonymousreply 194August 27, 2024 4:34 PM

R194-Thanks for sharing George.

by Anonymousreply 195August 27, 2024 4:36 PM

Clooney is in the same category as Ronald Reagan to me. Reagan was supposedly a "well-known " actor before his presidency, but his filmography is like a graveyard of flops and bit parts. He was never a star. George Clooney is one of those public figures whose personal life and political views transcend his professional life, and that's all his fault. I do, however, think he would make a fabulous politician and should follow in Reagan's footsteps and run for president. He can't be any worse than Reagan or Trump, and the Democrats love him.

by Anonymousreply 196August 27, 2024 5:16 PM

Clooney is too lazy to seek political office- an old cat to be petted and admired…

by Anonymousreply 197August 27, 2024 5:26 PM

[quote]I do, however, think he would make a fabulous politician and should...run for president.

The deep background checks might be problematic.

by Anonymousreply 198August 27, 2024 5:47 PM

R196 Reagan’s filmography is nowhere near on the same level of Clooney and I wasn’t even born yet. Reagan was never an A list star.

by Anonymousreply 199August 27, 2024 5:50 PM

r65, of course they were all drunk including the twink, it was a party! Of course, it was an accident and not intentional. Accidents happen when people are drunk both during and after parties, sometimes with vehicles, sometimes on foot. The twink did slip and fall and was not thrown or pushed just chased.

Also, 16 is not full grown although the age of consent in Italy is 14. A wealthy famous 52-year-old (2013) and a 16-year-old is a staggering power imbalance. Especially if the accident was a result of the 52-year-old not wanting to take "no" for an answer.

The fact remains there would have been legal consequences for the average person. Money and his Fixers prevented there being any legal action and prevented it from going public. That's what Fixers do, they protect the rich and famous by cleaning up and burying their messes. Sometimes the messes are a result of bad decisions, or accidents or out of sheer evil (Trump, Weinstein).

Anyone who believes his very public wedding extravaganza wasn't major damage control is naive and unfamiliar with PR tactics.

After the twink was doxxed, it was confirmed the family lived around there and had since quietly relocated.

by Anonymousreply 200August 27, 2024 6:23 PM

Whoever styled and lit Clooney for that photo shoot hates him.

by Anonymousreply 201August 27, 2024 6:24 PM

The Italian twink story is debatable. I've only heard about it on DL, nowhere else.

by Anonymousreply 202August 27, 2024 6:42 PM

Only because it has been scrubbed. If you search hard enough, some old gossip blogs mention it.

by Anonymousreply 203August 28, 2024 12:28 AM

They both look fine for their age. And one thing that they don't have is any money worries, so I'm not really interested in hearing about their woes

by Anonymousreply 204August 28, 2024 3:52 PM

Please someone expose this smug motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 205August 29, 2024 12:02 AM

Ditto!

by Anonymousreply 206August 29, 2024 2:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!