Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jon Tester is down 2 points in Montana--we NEED him to keep control of the senate

Gays: once again I am asking you to open your pocketbooks and donate to ActBlue to help a libber out. GOP PACs have been flooding millions into Sheehy's campaign and Tester can't compete.

Without senate control, we're basically impotent until 2026--that includes judicial appointments should Old Man Thomas or Alito kick the bucket (fingers crossed).

Now that we can breathe at least a momentary sigh of relief for the White House, we have to keep as much attention on the down ballot races as we can. We're so close!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 7, 2024 3:16 PM

FUCK this. I don't come to DL to get hit up for political donations...FF...

by Anonymousreply 1August 13, 2024 6:34 AM

Well, R1, I don't come to the DL to read Condoleezza Rice erotic fanfiction, but it can't be everything for everyone all the time.

by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2024 7:02 AM

I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to raise or ask for money on DL. For ANY cause or ANY political reason. But we shall see.

by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2024 7:09 AM

R3 Uh oh. Mea culpa if so. Please don't red tag me, Muriel! I just wanted to help any way I could.

by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2024 7:21 AM

I donated. I wish him luck.

by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2024 7:30 AM

[quote]Well, [R1], I don't come to the DL to read Condoleezza Rice erotic fanfiction, but it can't be everything for everyone all the time.

Instead of feeding your unhealthy obsession with politics, why don't you participate in the cultural threads?

by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2024 7:40 AM

I’m not sure if he can pull it up off. We need him to win and I’m tired of our lives hanging in the balance over one or two races.

by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2024 4:40 PM

I believe Tester will WIN at the end!! It's August 13, plenty of time!!

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2024 4:45 PM

I really wish Harris would send Walz there for an afternoon to rally with him. He just doesn't have enough support/resources out there. Walz would connect with Montanans more than than Harris could.

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2024 4:51 PM

I concur with R9 and hope he wins, even if he does look like James Corden

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2024 4:55 PM

R10 He IS unfortunate looking, but we must be willing to overlook that! Could we maybe get Kinzinger or Ossof up there to wrangle the gay cowboy vote?

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2024 5:00 PM

r4/OP - Not to worry, r1 is a big ol' troll. Check her other posts.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2024 5:04 PM

Done. If you're gonna donate anywhere, give those Seats we need to win or maintain or any Swing-state candidates.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2024 5:23 PM

Thank you, R5 and R13! 🤠

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2024 5:26 PM

I'm so exhausted, wishin' and a-hopin'. Why are we always just one vote away from disaster? The Democrats cannot go on like this.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2024 9:52 PM

[quote] Why are we always just one vote away from disaster? The Democrats cannot go on like this.

R15, both sides see the other as an existential threat and both sides believe they’re right about it and the other wrong, so most of the country is in the same boat with the feeling you describe.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2024 9:57 PM

How very bothsides, r16.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2024 10:22 PM

I contributed $50, OP.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2024 10:24 PM

R18 🙏💃

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2024 10:28 PM

Now is the time to panic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 14, 2024 6:58 AM

Maybe it’s just a bump after that anemic rally.

by Anonymousreply 21August 14, 2024 7:20 AM

Tester is a lost cause. He's like the first space shuttle on the asteroid in Armageddon. I am voting for Kamala but voting Republican on the Senate side. I don't feel comfortable with Kamala having the House and Senate. She is too liberal. Picking Walz was too much for me. Maybe I will change my mind but I don't think so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 14, 2024 7:46 AM

I don't believe the poll numbers, it's probably a rethug-leaning poll.

Anything on Twitter X is a "rethuglican are good pollsters"

by Anonymousreply 23August 14, 2024 4:10 PM

[quote] I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to raise or ask for money on DL. For ANY cause or ANY political reason. But we shall see.

That’s never been a thing.

by Anonymousreply 24August 14, 2024 4:12 PM

[quote]Gays: once again I am asking you to open your pocketbooks and donate to ActBlue to help a libber out. GOP PACs have been flooding millions into Sheehy's campaign and Tester can't compete.

Who would want to respond well to an asshole posting any thing so stupid as "Gays: once again," no matter what the cause.

It's rude, and a full statement after a colon, whether the preceding text is intended to be a salutation or part of a sentence.

Oh, dear;

by Anonymousreply 25August 14, 2024 4:16 PM

He's down by more than that. Aside from asking for money he's pretty much given up. He's just really campaigning for a cabinet position should Kamala win.

by Anonymousreply 26August 14, 2024 4:17 PM

R25 OP was clearly making a Bernie Sanders fundraising joke, prisspot.

by Anonymousreply 27August 14, 2024 5:42 PM

R27, r25 is a troll spewing venom all over the DL at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 28August 14, 2024 5:46 PM

[quote] I am voting for Kamala but voting Republican on the Senate side.

Anyone who does this is completely out of their minds. The senate confirms scotus nominees.

by Anonymousreply 29August 14, 2024 5:47 PM

R22, that doesn’t make any sense. Why vote a President and then not support them legislatively or their judicial appointments.

It’s like you don’t understand how government works.

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2024 5:53 PM

LoL, r22, try some finesse and stealth with your trolling. As it is, you just come off as retarded.

by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2024 5:59 PM

R23 Believe the poll numbers, Montana is a red state and Jon Tester has been like the only Democrat there to hold office and win repeatedly as a Democrat.

I think Kamala and Walz being on the ticket is going to help him pass the finish line with a small lead, we just need the turnout.

by Anonymousreply 32August 14, 2024 6:09 PM

[quote] I think Kamala and Walz being on the ticket is going to help him pass the finish line with a small lead, we just need the turnout.

And a magic wand, right?

by Anonymousreply 33August 14, 2024 6:44 PM

[quote] I don't feel comfortable with Kamala having the House and Senate.

Well, that has certainly happened before when the country elected a president of one party and a Congress controlled by the other party, in order for them to check each other.

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2024 6:46 PM

[Quote] And a magic wand, right?

Did Trump need one to win in 2016, simpleton Defacto? He was down in the polls too.

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2024 6:49 PM

R35, the context is the senate race in Montana.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2024 6:50 PM

Stop it Defacto at r34, you’re not fooling anyone with your “checks and balances.”

You just know Trumps campaign is a dumpster fire so you’ve turned to trolling the downstream vote ….

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2024 6:51 PM

Thank you captain Obviousfacto at r36.

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2024 6:51 PM

I donated because he is trailing. We need this win.

by Anonymousreply 39September 7, 2024 12:53 AM

He's down about the and he himself has all but given up.

by Anonymousreply 40September 7, 2024 1:57 AM

He's fine, he sends his love and his victory in November.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 41September 7, 2024 2:01 AM

HI LIZ!

by Anonymousreply 42September 7, 2024 2:02 AM

I think he will pull it off in the end. I'm still optimistic about Florida, Missouri and Texas. I just read that Nebraska might be in play, too. Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think it's going to be good year for us.

by Anonymousreply 43September 7, 2024 2:13 AM

LOL sure R43. I can't wait to see this place after Kamala loses.

by Anonymousreply 44September 7, 2024 2:13 AM

R43, FL is not in play — DeSantis is sending police to the homes of petition signers on the abortion vote. Straight up police intimidation. You think someone like that is going to allow a blue win?

by Anonymousreply 45September 7, 2024 2:17 AM

I can't wait to see Mar a Largo when Trump loses.

Of course we all know who won't be there. Melania will be partying like it's 1999 in New York City.

by Anonymousreply 46September 7, 2024 2:18 AM

Please. If you're honest with yourselves you know it she's losing.

by Anonymousreply 47September 7, 2024 2:23 AM

Her victory is actually kind of inevitable. I mean I know we're not supposed to be complacent and stay worried and yadda, yadda, yadda, but really, the whole stale act that is Trump is clearly on its way off the stage.

by Anonymousreply 48September 7, 2024 2:25 AM

The fat gay one from Modern Family is in politics now?

by Anonymousreply 49September 7, 2024 2:25 AM

There's going to be a backlash to that, r45. People are fed up with this shit. And Scott and DeSantis are getting more unpopular by the day.

by Anonymousreply 50September 7, 2024 2:26 AM

Wrong r47, and who the fuck are you to make this fucking declaration? What it will be is a *tight* race. It’s going to get tighter and tighter the closer we get. Add in cheating, voter suppression, gerrymandering, refusal to certify, SCOTUS, the billionaire class, Russia, the media, the Electoral College, and fucking TRAITORS in Congress, SM, and Elon Musk and all the influencer TRAITORS, combined with a tight race, anything can and will happen. It’s why I love politics.

by Anonymousreply 51September 7, 2024 2:35 AM

Sheehy is probably going to win in Montana, which is no surprise at all. However, it's surprising that Casey and McCormick are tied in Pennsylvania. That would be something if Casey loses. Brown in Ohio could still lose with only 46% currently and only 2% more than Moreno.

by Anonymousreply 52September 7, 2024 2:37 AM

It will be tight in the popular vote but Trump will stomp the cock gobbler in the Electoral College.

by Anonymousreply 53September 7, 2024 2:38 AM

R53 eats its own poo

by Anonymousreply 54September 7, 2024 2:41 AM

Trump will be busy stomping his own dick and wondering what day it is by the time we get to November.

On the other hand, Dick Stomping Trump will be a great NFT.

by Anonymousreply 55September 7, 2024 2:42 AM

Meanwhile, JD Vance will be explaining that when he said school shooters really are Nature's Noblemen, he meant that as free spirits they represent the best that America has to offer, so much more than lesbians with cats.

by Anonymousreply 56September 7, 2024 2:44 AM

LOL

JD Vance: “I don’t like this,” Vance said. “I don’t like to admit this. I don’t like that this is a fact of life. But if you are a psycho and you want to make headlines, you realize that our schools are soft targets and we have got to bolster security at our schools.”

But you knew that didn't you? You can't make a case for your candidate without distortions and lies. That's who you are and who she is.

by Anonymousreply 57September 7, 2024 2:47 AM

The most recent poll shows he down six. Not a good place for a longtime incumbent. Maybe we have a better chance of holding the Senate by flipping Florida.

by Anonymousreply 58September 7, 2024 2:53 AM

The case will be clearly made on Tuesday when Kamala walks on that debate stage on Tuesday and asks "America, are you fucking with me? Are you seriously thinking of voting for this orange tub of shit over there? Don't even, bitches, cause I'm not here to play, and I'm not here to pretend that this is the shit you want as president."

Case closed, mic dropped, and that's all she wrote.

by Anonymousreply 59September 7, 2024 2:53 AM

You mean she's not going to finally detail her policy plans? What a shocker.

by Anonymousreply 60September 7, 2024 2:54 AM

Unlike Trump, who will carefully lay out that his child care policy is like there'll be all this money from tariffs so um it'll all be great and don't we really need childcare in this country cause children are like the future and shit and meanwhile there'll be lots of tariffs and we'll all be rich somehow cause magic money and anyway, where the fuck am I and who are all you people?

by Anonymousreply 61September 7, 2024 2:57 AM

Kamala will lay out all of Trump's plans too. She's stealing them all.

by Anonymousreply 62September 7, 2024 2:59 AM

Trump's plans. Yeah, um, Trump's plans. That's some mystery sauce there. Trump's plan is to grift and lie and occasionally try to kill everyone in Congress. Other than that, his plans remain a constant source of wonder and entertainment throughout the land.

by Anonymousreply 63September 7, 2024 3:02 AM

Maybe she won't make the debate. That may be the night she soaks her collard greens in the bathtub. You did hear that one didn't you? Maybe they won't let her bus in any supporters? You heard that one didn't you? Maybe she'll pretend she's on the phone while headphones are in her ears? So she doesn't have to take questions. Dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 64September 7, 2024 3:05 AM

R62 is wounded

by Anonymousreply 65September 7, 2024 3:05 AM

If Trump does show up for the debate, he'll spend half of it whining that Joe Biden dropped out and totally threw his whole gameplan, and this totally sucks, and everything is so unfair to Trump, and why can't everything happen the way Trump wants everything to happen dammit.

And Kamala will spend her time laughing at his sorry ass.

It will be glorious.

by Anonymousreply 66September 7, 2024 3:12 AM

And after that R59, hopefully she’ll do a cooking demonstration. “Now, let’s make some good use of our time up here, okay?”

by Anonymousreply 67September 7, 2024 8:52 AM

Also, not sure if it’s been covered here but the Republican candidate in this Senate race, Tim Sheehy, has been caught on tape making racist remarks about Native Americans and has been rebuke by leaders of the Crow Tribe and Reservation.

It’s a tight race without a lot of voters in Montana, which might make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 68September 7, 2024 8:57 AM

The latest poll has Sheehy up 6 points, 51-45. Against an incumbent, that does not qualify as a “tight” race.

by Anonymousreply 69September 7, 2024 11:30 AM

Yeah but in Montana that’s like a 10 vote difference.

by Anonymousreply 70September 7, 2024 11:41 AM

You want another couple years of Congress voting to rename post offices after dead notables? as their main accomplishment? Also, it has to be a majority so we don’t get egotistical spoilers like Manchin and Sinema.

Also Vance’s “schools need more security” bs. Didn’t help in Texas or Florida. That’s the LAST line of defense. First line is the stop this fetishization of guns. You wanna get your rocks off for the 2nd amendment, join the National Guard.

by Anonymousreply 71September 7, 2024 12:14 PM

It's looking dire for Tester.

[quote] The most straightforward scenario for Democrats to maintain control of the Senate is to hold all of its seats, excluding West Virginia, and win the presidency to earn the tiebreak in a 50–50 chamber. Most Senate Democratic candidates in competitive races are doing quite well, running consistently a few points better than Vice President Kamala Harris and President Joe Biden before her. The biggest concern, though, has always been Sen. Jon Tester in Montana, a state that Trump won by 16 percentage points in 2020 and will comfortably win again. Tester has regularly polled behind Republican candidate Tim Sheehy in the race, and he got another poor result in a high-quality survey commissioned by the AARP this week. The poll showed Sheehy leading Tester by 8 points, 49 to 41, with third-party candidates included, and by 6 points, 51 to 45, in a head-to-head. The poll was enough for one forecaster, Sabato’s Crystal Ball, to move the race from “toss-up” to “leans Republican.” It’s hard to argue with that, and Tester’s dire condition puts Democrats deep in the hole. Unless Tester pulls a Susan Collins and wildly overperforms his polling, Democrats would need a stroke of luck in “reach” Senate battlegrounds like Florida or Texas to make up for the loss. Oh, and Democrats would still need to successfully defend in all of their other competitive races in Pennsylvania, Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, and freakin’ Ohio. Sounds hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 7, 2024 12:26 PM

Jon Tester has a gay son named Shon.

by Anonymousreply 73September 7, 2024 2:10 PM

I think Montana will become tighter the closer we get to Election Day, and in our favor. Pour money there too if you can, volunteer with phone banks/postcards if you can. We need white straight gun-owning men to do this work of flipping votes. They need to keep hearing from their own people. We also need to turn the mockery up even higher. Keep up with emasculating Trump and JD because the male cowboy ego does not want to be associated with weird pussies trying to play tough guys. If we continue to pound them from all flanks, we could just barely slide Tester over the finish line in time — we NEED this fucking seat. Where are the Dems on this? What resources are they giving him??? Walz can only be in 7 fucking states per day, we need more than just Tim for places like Montana if we want to win!

by Anonymousreply 74September 7, 2024 2:23 PM

I just donated.

by Anonymousreply 75September 7, 2024 2:44 PM

Thank you r75!

by Anonymousreply 76September 7, 2024 3:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!