Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Data from major US cities show violent crime is dropping dramatically

But MAGA told me that America was a crime-filled hellhole with migrants killing people left and right...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477October 3, 2024 9:51 PM

The crime rates in American cities are still appalling compared to cities in every other Western country.

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2024 11:52 PM

It doesn't feel that way in NY. The victim described the event as 'dystopian'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 13, 2024 2:03 PM

Over the last week so many stabbings in NY. Shootings are down but . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 13, 2024 2:05 PM

Teens are often the perps and the victims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 13, 2024 2:09 PM

The stats may ebb and flow, but it still feels dangerous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 13, 2024 2:12 PM

another stabbing at a migrant shelter over the weekend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 13, 2024 2:13 PM

What gets me is that the GOP and MAGAS COULDN'T GIVE TWO SHITS that most victims of gun violence are BLACK. (There's also a disturbing number of women killed by current/former partners in murder-suicides.) It's only a convenient talking point to rile up their mouth-breathing base.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 13, 2024 2:14 PM

I live in philly, 2020 was a horrible year as far as crime stats. the most violent neighborhoods though have had a significant drop in violent crime since then.

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2024 2:14 PM

I blocked the troll and most of the thread went POOF!

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2024 2:14 PM

R8, Philly is third world right now. Its progressive DA doesn’t prosecute.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2024 2:16 PM

NYC crime stats weren't reported in the OP's article, so you can save those links for another time R2, R3, R4, R5 and R6.

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2024 2:17 PM

If you don’t answer 911 and don’t make arrests then yes the crime statistics begin to drop.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2024 2:17 PM

One argument for why crime statistics might be dropping in Democratic cities is that there have been significant changes in policing policies. Some cities have reduced arrests for petty crimes and adopted a more lenient approach to minor offenses. This could lead to a lower reported crime rate, as fewer people are arrested and processed for these offenses. Additionally, there are instances where non-urgent 911 calls may not receive immediate responses, which might affect crime reporting and statistics.

These changes are often part of broader criminal justice reforms aimed at addressing systemic issues within policing and reducing the impact of the justice system on marginalized communities. While such policies may lead to a decrease in arrests for minor offenses, it’s important to consider the broader context and the complex factors contributing to crime statistics.

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2024 2:19 PM

– A man was wounded in a shooting at a party in the Bronx early Tuesday morning, according to the NYPD.

It seems it isn't a party without a shooting nowadays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2024 2:20 PM

Many assaults seem random, senseless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2024 2:24 PM

r12 = MAGAt talking point

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2024 2:25 PM

Crime stats are like catnip to DL's numerous KKKlan Grannies like R1, R2 et al.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2024 2:25 PM

Summer seems the worst time for assaults in NY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2024 2:27 PM

I don't think violent crime has dropped dramatically judging by the past week in NY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2024 2:31 PM

2 tourists from Mexico shoved onto NYC subway tracks: 'Everybody’s getting pushed'-August 5th

Unhinged woman arrested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2024 2:39 PM

Blacks blacks blacks

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2024 2:42 PM

[quote] The Axios review also found that the number of homicides in the 69 reported cities fell by more than 17% during the first half of 2024 compared to the last period last year.

This is great news.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2024 2:49 PM

All my years in NYC, never once did I experience or witness violent crime.

Post CoViD, & in another large metropolitan area? I saw it repeatedly on busses & subways.

The pandemic shifted us not only economically, but culturally. Had the pandemic been managed properly from its onset, I strongly suspect things would be different today. It was not, and then the world witnessed an American cop murder George Floyd, live & on repeat, with a President who gave zero shits about Americans? Yeah. We were basically doomed with little to zero recourse.

It’s viscerally outstanding that so many Americans want Part 2, of one of the most tragic stories ever witnessed & told.

by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2024 3:03 PM

R23 don't forget the catch and release mandate in NY. Some many crimes in NY have been committed by repeat offenders who had multiple arrests and then set free w/o bail.

One of the men in the rape and assault in Coney Island a few days ago had 3 prior arrests for assault and no convictions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2024 3:30 PM

R24 interested to hear your take on the drop in homicides. Let me guess, they’re being underreported too? 😂😂😂 or are the victims coming back to life and haunting the NY subway system, pushing unsuspecting victims under trains (senselessly!), therefore artificially altering the violent crime rate?

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2024 3:41 PM

Hate crimes and shootings surged 335% in 2022 so a drop in homicides is going in the right direction after near historic highs from 2021-2023. Hochul deployed the National Guard to the subways in the spring and metal detectors were placed in some subway stations yet the feeling that NY is unsafe is not unfounded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2024 3:50 PM

[quote] Hate crimes and shootings surged 335% in 2022

This is one category? “Hate crimes and shootings”? How bizarre. Or did they both happen to “surge” the exact same percentage R26? Happen to have a supporting link for that?

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2024 4:02 PM

It was hate crimes against Asians that surged 335% R27

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2024 4:20 PM

Violent crime has been rising over the past two years, with crazed, unstable people in the subways and fearless teenagers with guns.

Shootings that once took place in back alleys now happen on crowded streets in the middle of the afternoon, gang members blasting at one another with bystanders caught in the crossfire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2024 4:22 PM

There were 485 murders in New York City in 2021, the highest total in 10 years. There were also more than 1,500 shootings, the highest in 15 years and double the number just two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2024 4:25 PM

Shootings were down in all five boroughs. Last year, about 400 fewer people were shot than in 2022, when 1,566 were shot.

There were 386 homicides in 2023, a 12 percent drop from 2022.

But a troubling trend in the number of killings and shootings of people under 18 persisted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2024 4:27 PM

30 replies but if you block one person it drops to 17 replies. Hmmmm. Why come to DL to troll when the rest of the internet is a pro Trump safe space. Take it to Twitter, Reddit, Youtube comments or Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2024 4:29 PM

R28 ah so you were wrong or lying. And what about shootings? You said those were also up 335%? Link?

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2024 4:30 PM

I pointed out my error at R28. Can you ever forgive me? Nonetheless, crimes rose significantly over 3 years in NY and the downward trend may mean safer but is it safe enough? See R29The types of crimes and who and where they are committed have changed over time.

“For the first time in my life—even in the late eighties and nineties when the crime rate was killing 2,000 people a year, I never felt as unsafe as I do now just walking around and God forbid, sometimes we take the subway home from WABC, and you’re hearing about an assault on the subway almost every other day,” the former governor said.-2022

by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2024 4:39 PM

R34 still waiting on the +335% shooting link. You didn’t acknowledge that one yet. Let’s see it!

by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2024 4:44 PM

^ Governor Paterson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2024 4:45 PM

NYC in the late 80s was terrifying. Now, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 37August 13, 2024 4:45 PM

MAGa wants America to fail, so they can control it with all of their crazy binder ideas.

by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2024 4:47 PM

R35 I already acknowledged my error. BTW I don't work for you. Maybe I had a cold or maybe it was jet lag!

by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2024 4:49 PM

R39 no, you acknowledged your error regarding the hate crimes (general) versus hate crimes (against asian people). Im gonna push you for an explanation about the shootings. You just flat out lied didn’t you.

by Anonymousreply 40August 13, 2024 4:56 PM

Push all you want hon! Try getting a life.🙋‍♂️🙋‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 41August 13, 2024 4:58 PM

R41 it’s been fun watching you squirm, next time lie about something that’s not as easily disprovable. This is just troll amateur hour on your part. Enjoy living in your media induced brain prison of fear tho! bisous x x x

by Anonymousreply 42August 13, 2024 5:13 PM

[quote]NYC in the late 80s was terrifying. Now, not so much.

And affordable, interesting, creative, and fun. Also now not so much.

by Anonymousreply 43August 13, 2024 6:02 PM

Oh absolutely R43! That’s why I moved here then.

I do think it is still fun.

by Anonymousreply 44August 13, 2024 6:05 PM

What is wrong with black people? Seriously, why are they so violent? They're the overwhelming majority who commit these violent crimes in American cities. That's just the truth.

by Anonymousreply 45August 13, 2024 7:08 PM

R45 Enslave European whites, ship them to China and breed/sell them as chattel for generations, then turn them loose for another several generations in a rigged system that greatly obstructs their education, nutrition, safety, access to resources, etc. Then have the government conspire to both spread addictive drugs in white communities and bring in as many rural ultra han nationalists as possible to police the white neighborhoods in cities. It's a stupid fucking question

by Anonymousreply 46August 13, 2024 7:23 PM

We were slaves in Egypt for 300 years and you know what darling? We got over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 13, 2024 7:42 PM

r46 I guess you never heard of the Moors, the Barbary pirates, not to mention the Ottman Empire. Whites went through some fucked up shit too.

by Anonymousreply 48August 13, 2024 7:43 PM

R46 Bullshit. You know very little about the world and the ordeal that other races and peoples went through.

by Anonymousreply 49August 13, 2024 7:55 PM

Violent crime has dropped.

It has gone from being obscenely high, back down to being extremely high.

by Anonymousreply 50August 13, 2024 8:11 PM

If the "lower" crime rates in a US city like Chicago or Detroit were happening in cities like Amsterdam, Vienna or Copenhagen it would be a national emergency.

by Anonymousreply 51August 13, 2024 8:13 PM

Last year there were 329 homicides in Italy. A country of 59 million people.

Last year there were 617 homicides in Chicago. A city of 2.6 million people.

by Anonymousreply 52August 13, 2024 8:34 PM

Citywide data is useless. Everyone knows and agrees that crime is not uniform across all areas of a city. There are many neighborhoods that very safe and other neighborhoods that are like 1980s Beirut. In big cities, those good or okay neighborhoods are far more numerous than the deadly areas, making the overall per capita crime rate low, but hiding the extreme crime rate in the worst areas.

by Anonymousreply 53August 13, 2024 8:59 PM

[Quote] Last year there were 329 homicides in Italy. A country of 59 million people.

There were 386 homicides in NY in 2023, a 12 percent drop from 2022 NY is not a country and has a population of 19.6 million

by Anonymousreply 54August 13, 2024 9:04 PM

[quote] Last year there were 617 homicides in Chicago. A city of 2.6 million people.

Speaking of Chicago, you can see from the map in this article from 2021 that it is specific areas that have high crime rate. It’s not uniform across the city. Looking at the city as a whole diminishes the high rate of the bad areas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 13, 2024 9:04 PM

Crime is happening all over NYC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 13, 2024 9:09 PM

The study from the U.S. News and World Report last week ranked Nassau County -- on Long Island -- as the #1 safest county in the nation.

After Nassau County, Rockland County ranked in at #3, Westchester County at #6 and Putnam County at #8.

New Jersey's Bergen County came in at #9 on the list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 13, 2024 9:13 PM

R53 My city has areas where people walk around with their wallet bulging in their back pocket, their $2,000 laptop under their arm because it's very safe. Touristsare very safe in the downtown core. But 2 miles away someone is killed in a gang related shooting almost every day.

When I lived in Europe, gang related deaths happened maybe once per year. Violent crime was very rare but petty crime was a constant. Walk around with a wallet in your back pocket and it is getting snatched even in the ritziest part of town. Stroll around with a Starbucks in one hand and your Macbook under your arm and it will be gone.

My ex lives in Seattle. He is from Chicago. He was robbed in Croatia on his first day there. He had a LV backback with those big Apple earphones, his camera and several hundred in cash. He walked through a market, stopped to buy some fruit, took his bag from his shoulder and everything was gone! He never felt a thing. They were very skilled because they tossed his ID out of his wallet before taking it! He was mortified. He said how can someone from Chicago be victimized for the first time in Split, Croatia. When he sheeplishly told his brother he admitted that he and his wife were robbed on their honeymoon in Paris and had been too embarassed to tell anyone.

by Anonymousreply 58August 13, 2024 9:14 PM

R58 In the US they would have been stabbed in the process.

by Anonymousreply 59August 13, 2024 9:39 PM

Worst crime and violence per capita, are in Republican dominated states.

Poverty and poor education breeds desperate people who turn to crime.

by Anonymousreply 60August 13, 2024 9:51 PM

Blue states still have extreme crime rates compared to the rest of the Western World.

Americans are so cluelessly naive.

by Anonymousreply 61August 13, 2024 10:04 PM

Yeah, property theft is way more common in Europe then it is in the States. If they were armed to the teeth in population dense areas like we are, violent crime would probably be comparable.

Meanwhile as someone who grew up in a 99% white rural area where violent crime was super high (an area town with fewer than 1,000 people had three unrelated murders in a single year. Body parts from multiple people were found strewn about the forest in another town) and who now lives in super safe, very diverse Nassau County, all the racist trolls can take a long walk off a short pier.

by Anonymousreply 62August 13, 2024 10:08 PM

Sorry r62 but blacks are disproportionately responsible for violent crime in the US. That's just a fact.

by Anonymousreply 63August 13, 2024 10:11 PM

Eh, they also are disproportionately excluded from mental health resources and disproportionately exposed to lead as children.

When you control for lead exposure, mental health treatment access and socioeconomic factors the difference disappears.

by Anonymousreply 64August 13, 2024 10:17 PM

[quote]Meanwhile as someone who grew up in a 99% white rural area where violent crime was super high (an area town with fewer than 1,000 people had three unrelated murders in a single year.

Where was this? I grew up in a small ruralish town that was mostly white and there was no crime. I've also lived in a predominately African- American small town, which felt safe.

by Anonymousreply 65August 13, 2024 10:19 PM

We’ve had this argument before. If you really want to figure out if crime — and what type — is rising or falling — you need to look past headlines or politicians’ claims and look around.

1. What time frame is the rise or fall is supposed to be occurring in (some falling stats go only as fall as the pandemic when it rose but don’t include pre-pandemic)

2. Is “crime” violent crime, petty crime or both? If murder is down is rape or assault up?

3. Have reporting methods changed? Yes they have in the past few years with NY not included.

4. Does a POTUS even affect crime?

[quote] Between the lines: The Major Cities Chiefs Association's preliminary data did not include New York City — the nation's largest city — since it did not submit violent crime numbers to the organization for the first half of 2024.

[quote] Data from New York City, which is released on its own website, couldn't be compared to other cities in this report. The NYPD's communications team — seeking to shape discourse around crime in New York — has taken a substantially more aggressive stance with politicians, the media and members of the public this year.

by Anonymousreply 66August 13, 2024 10:25 PM

Lead exposure? In the last 40 years? Sure.

by Anonymousreply 67August 13, 2024 10:25 PM

This is a terrible story, but a friend of mine lived around the corner from the projects near Lincoln Center. Within a month after moving in to the neighborhood he was using the N word.

by Anonymousreply 68August 13, 2024 10:26 PM

R67 are you daft? There’s still lead in pre-1978 housing stock and lots and lots of water pipes in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 13, 2024 10:37 PM

^^And that accounts for all of the violent crime. You're a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 70August 13, 2024 10:39 PM

Please quote from my post where I said all violent crime was the result of lead exposure.

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 71August 13, 2024 10:48 PM

Lead exposure is negligent. It's cultural.

by Anonymousreply 72August 13, 2024 10:58 PM

Not prosecuting "petty" crimes, letting people go without bail, and other "progressive" policies have definitely skewed the reported crime statistics in NYC. It has also contributed to a sense of lawlessness in everything from retail (everything is locked up now), to public transit. Criminals are emboldened. They feel they can strike you or strong arm you if they want to risk it, because the consequences aren't going to happen. The "marginalized" communities these idiotic policies were meant to help are primarily the ones committing more of the crimes. Why can't this be aired openly and confronted rather than everyone pretending it doesn't exist?

by Anonymousreply 73August 13, 2024 10:58 PM

[quote]Why can't this be aired openly and confronted rather than everyone pretending it doesn't exist?

There are so many reasons.

by Anonymousreply 74August 13, 2024 11:00 PM

[quote]. Not prosecuting "petty" crimes, letting people go without bail, and other "progressive" policies have definitely skewed the reported crime statistics in NYC

How would releasing without bail and other progressive measures (other than not prosecuting) skew reporting of crime? Are you thinking about what you type?

by Anonymousreply 75August 13, 2024 11:04 PM

I have to disagree with this article OP. I live near New Orleans and frequent it regularly. The robbery and mugging have only gotten worse in the past ten years. I would only imagine many urban areas across the US are feeling it too.

by Anonymousreply 76August 13, 2024 11:19 PM

Hasn't this been the case for awhile?

by Anonymousreply 77August 13, 2024 11:29 PM

R72 it’s neither all nor is it negligent. Real life rarely lends itself to extremes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 14, 2024 12:22 AM

I see Brandonjoseph is up to his old tricks again. Can you imagine going through life being that fearful, angry, and paranoid?

by Anonymousreply 79August 14, 2024 12:29 AM

It’s very sad to think about.

by Anonymousreply 80August 14, 2024 12:39 AM

R80 Yeah, property theft is way more common in Europe then it is in the States.

Link please

by Anonymousreply 81August 14, 2024 12:57 AM

Summer in the city

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 14, 2024 1:20 AM

Are box cutters and knives the latest accessories in NY?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 14, 2024 1:26 AM

[quote]Lead exposure is negligent. It's cultural.

True.

On world-wide scale, lead exposure in the US is much lower than in countries like Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Poland, Portugal...all with much, much lower crime rates than the US.

by Anonymousreply 84August 14, 2024 2:03 AM

R2 Between the lines: The Major Cities Chiefs Association's preliminary data did not include New York City — the nation's largest city — since it did not submit violent crime numbers to the organization for the first half of 2024.

by Anonymousreply 85August 14, 2024 2:04 AM

Poor brandonjoseph -- so scared of life; so paranoid. He must not sleep at night for fear of the boogeyman hiding under his bed!

by Anonymousreply 86August 14, 2024 2:57 AM

Boston's homicide rate is incredibly low. In a city of 650,000 (more like 850-900,000 from Sept - May if you count the students), it's mid-August and there have been only ten murders in the city this year.

by Anonymousreply 87August 14, 2024 3:51 AM

R87, are there any bad areas in Boston that are no-go zones for normal people?

by Anonymousreply 88August 14, 2024 4:04 AM

Not really r88

by Anonymousreply 89August 14, 2024 4:06 AM

Are there ANY "no-go" zones in America? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 90August 14, 2024 5:12 AM

Plenty, r90

by Anonymousreply 91August 14, 2024 5:26 AM

[quote]Are there ANY "no-go" zones in America? I don't think so.

Yes there are, and it's not referring to the type of so-called no-go zones in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 92August 14, 2024 5:27 AM

Crime rates are down but crime is up. This is discussed here ad nauseam. They're not charging the perps, they just release them back into society.

The asshole migrant who raped the woman at Coney Island was charged last year with raping another woman and they released him. They fucking released him. I don't care what side of the aisle you fall on this is totally unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 93August 14, 2024 6:06 AM

But the crime rate is down!

In other words: “Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?”

by Anonymousreply 94August 14, 2024 6:15 AM

[quote] Crime rates are down but crime is up. This is discussed here ad nauseam. They're not charging the perps, they just release them back into society.

According to what proof?

by Anonymousreply 95August 14, 2024 6:52 AM

This thread is ground central for lack of critical thinking. When someone says, "I don't care what the statistics show, I BELIEVE that it's more dangerous now and crime is higher, so that means it's true, no matter what the statistics show", that person has just demonstrated a complete inability to think critically. What is thinking critically? It means that when someone is shown facts, he'd better have a damn good reason for ignoring them and substituting beliefs or feelings when arguing a point. Absent those strong, well-articulated feelings based upon other facts, which must be laid out in detail, we can ignore all subsequent posts by that person.

What things don't count as facts? News reports about crimes. News media are sensationalist. They get readership/viewership by showing danger and mayhem. People do not tune into stories about girls winning awards for selling the most girl scout cookies. Going back to archives of New York City newspapers for 100 years, especially papers such as the Post, there will be a murder or a stabbing or a beating in every single issue, if not many. . This is a city whose metropolitan area is more than 20,000,000 and that means that a violent crime every day does NOT represent a high crime rate per capita. Far from it. A crime rate of 1% in the NYC metropolitan area would mean that 200,000, (TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND) people per year would have had to have been personally affected by a crime. Try to soak that in. That's more than the population of the vast majority of cities in the US

by Anonymousreply 96August 14, 2024 7:07 AM

I am completely unsurprised that a bunch of queens who think they are the center of the universe think they're anecdotal data is a hill to die on.

by Anonymousreply 97August 14, 2024 7:09 AM

Their* (fucking phone)

by Anonymousreply 98August 14, 2024 7:09 AM

R93 Same for Norman Nelson, a 49-year-old menace with at least six prior arrests who randomly slugged a French tourist in the head in Midtown on Saturday, just days after allegedly hitting an 81-year-old man in the head with a crate on East 14th Street.

He finally got slapped with third-degree assault and aggravated harassment charges — but with Gotham’s revolving-door justice system, don’t bet that he’ll stay locked up.

Both tales came to light just days after a chronically emotionally disturbed woman, Ebony Butts, allegedly shoved two tourists onto the subway tracks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 14, 2024 7:26 AM

Frequency and amplitude aren't the same thing, as Murdoch's NY Post knows very well.

by Anonymousreply 100August 14, 2024 7:32 AM

R100 don't forget Pete Repeat "Murdoch Post links give clickdollars and SEO to people who hate gays."

by Anonymousreply 101August 14, 2024 7:38 AM

Talk about getting the lead out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 14, 2024 7:42 AM

Just to eliminate any doubt that we have a bad actor enflaming the conversation, here's a screenshot of the troll talking to themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 14, 2024 7:47 AM

you see more blacks and mexicans and therefore perceive crime as on the rise - you fukken KLANGRANNIES

by Anonymousreply 104August 14, 2024 8:38 AM

Hope those anger management classes work out for you R104

by Anonymousreply 105August 14, 2024 9:33 AM

The disturbing crime came fewer than two weeks after Jennifer Guilbeault, 23, allegedly unleashed pepper spray in her Uber driver’s eyes, also on the Upper East Side, at the corner of Lexington Avenue and East 65th Street, cops said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 14, 2024 10:17 AM

At least 30 robberies have been reported in the park this year, and there were just 10 during the same period in 2023.

There have also been ten felony assaults this year compared to just 7 last year.

Grand larcenies are on the uptick as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 14, 2024 10:19 AM

10 to 30 could be one gang of kids having a profitable summer.

The idea that the stats are wrong because hundreds of homicides are going unreported is batshit.

I looked a a few years worth of first half reports and was surprised at the volatility of the numbers. Very large swings. 4624 homicides in 2021 and 3124 in 2024. It’s a PITA to compare pdfs on my phone so I didn’t go back any further, but it seems like 2024 is a continuation of a reversion to the norm after a COVID upswing. I feel like the COVID upswing was underreported, but maybe I just wasn’t paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 108August 14, 2024 10:58 AM

R45 Because of this bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 14, 2024 11:53 AM

R47 you are an idiot. Your slavery isn’t linked to your modern day culture. Slavery existed well into the Industrial Revolution. And even when officially done with slavery culture existed up until the 30s in the US south.

by Anonymousreply 110August 14, 2024 11:59 AM

This thread is being trolled by someone replying to themselves with right wing links to get a rise out of us. Recommend blocking this thread. 🚫

by Anonymousreply 111August 14, 2024 12:41 PM

Societal trash tends to take care of itself, when society has things set up the way we have.

Yay, America! Dead urbanites!

by Anonymousreply 112August 14, 2024 1:11 PM

I can’t take seriously anyone who states that discussion about violent crime is a political conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 113August 14, 2024 1:14 PM

Here you go, R96. At the link you will find a dashboard from the Manhattan DA's office. Click on dashboards and have a blast.

This data is specifically for crimes sentenced - dates ranging from 2013 through 2023. 2013: 62,258. 2023: 11,510. Boy that sure is some amazing drop. I wonder how that could be. I better put on my critical thinking cap and think, think, think,

And as always thank you for your brevity. What could have been said is less than 20 words you turned into yet another condescending and bloviated dissertation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 14, 2024 1:48 PM

Thanks O’Biden!

by Anonymousreply 115August 14, 2024 2:08 PM

r110 doesn't get the joke.

by Anonymousreply 116August 14, 2024 2:12 PM

Crime is definitely up in NYC. You have posters here like me who've lived in the city for decades and we can all tell you that.

by Anonymousreply 117August 14, 2024 2:13 PM

R44, I thought you lived in FL? Or do you have a place in both states? I might be confusing you with someone else.

Anyhow, yes! It was affordable, & fun. So much to do, all day, every day. I never felt scared back then, either.

I still ❤️ NY.

by Anonymousreply 118August 14, 2024 2:38 PM

R117: Defacto, who visited nyc that one time

by Anonymousreply 119August 14, 2024 2:39 PM

No r119 crime is worse than it was.

by Anonymousreply 120August 14, 2024 2:46 PM

No it’s not r120, and anyway what would you know about it? Focus on Pittsburgh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 14, 2024 2:49 PM

Hochul deploys the National Guard in the subway. Mayor Adams starts sending out drones....they are doing these extreme measures because crime is down??

Last year the most reputable polling organization, NYTimes/Siena found this:

"According to the study, 70% of New York City residents are very (30%) or somewhat (40%) concerned that they will be targeted in a serious crime, while 57% of respondents said they were fearful for the safety of themselves or their families in public places like schools, stores or houses of worship."

Got that? 70% of NYC residents concerned they’ll be victims of serious crime.

And that's because crime is down?

by Anonymousreply 122August 14, 2024 2:57 PM

r121 I've lived in NYC since the 90s and I can tell you crime and vagrancy is the worst I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 123August 14, 2024 3:02 PM

Why are some posters so touchy about crime rates. As has been pointed out, crime rates, even the "lower" crime rates, in the US are appalingly high compared to the rest of the West.

You never saw the kind of subway violence in the 90s and 2000s that you do now, or the random street attacks. Esp. on the UES and UWS.

by Anonymousreply 124August 14, 2024 3:04 PM

Both down and up are useless descriptors when not the the comparator is not named.

R118 you have me confused with Senior Lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 125August 14, 2024 3:04 PM

R122 It's the random, unprovoked assaults that are more prevalent now that have people concerned for their safety. There are so many mentally ill and homeless people on the street. Hochul's deployment of the National Guard is in response to a number of incidents of people being shoved onto the tracks. It happened last week to two tourists allegedly shoved by an 'emotionally disturbed' whose name is and I'm not making it up Ebony Butts!

Earlier this year a number of women reported being randomly punched in the face. A story which gained more press when actor Steve Buscemi became a victim.

I find it odd that so many posters here are upset by what others are saying regarding crime in New York City than they are about the people who are actually doing the shoving, slashing, shooting and pepper spraying!

by Anonymousreply 126August 14, 2024 3:28 PM

Defacto at r122, proven wrong on the facts, next turns to public perception.

Is Defacto on permanent disability? Was she fired from her job and paid severance just to get rid of her?

by Anonymousreply 127August 14, 2024 3:38 PM

[Quote] I find it odd that so many posters here are upset by what others are saying regarding crime in New York City

You find it odd that people are pointing out that you’re factually wrong, Defacto, and then providing statistics to prove it? Yes, that checks out.

by Anonymousreply 128August 14, 2024 3:40 PM

R126, and every single one of those assailants had priors but were not charged and released within hours. For the last time: Crime stats are down. Crime is up.

by Anonymousreply 129August 14, 2024 3:42 PM

I'm assuming R129 that most of the posters who are so defensive are boomers who may have lived in New York for a number of decades. It would be interesting to see what the younger generation of working New Yorkers who weren't around in the 70s 80s and 90s feels about it.

by Anonymousreply 130August 14, 2024 3:47 PM

R129. Are you assuming that murder is also often unreported? Or are you assuming that murders are moving in the opposite direction of all other crimes?

by Anonymousreply 131August 14, 2024 3:57 PM

UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- Young migrants living in city-run shelters are believed to be behind recent increases in robberies in the southern end of Central Park, surrounding their victims and using "wolfpack force" to mug them.

"Southern part of the park, we see a lot of robberies, group robberies, young kids, mugging people or taking their property, we believe these are young migrants who are committing these robberies," NYPD Chief of Patrol John Chell said Wednesday on Mornings @ 10.

An 11-year-old arrested in connection to a robbery in the subway Tuesday night was captured on surveillance video using credit cards from one of the Central Park victims, who is part of an eight-incident pattern.

Two of the three young suspects arrested in a robbery in Grand Army Plaza in Central Park early Tuesday are residing in city run migrant shelters one of them at the Row Hotel

by Anonymousreply 132August 14, 2024 4:11 PM

LOL, WABC7 news is on and they're reporting that crime is up 200%.

They broke down the categories with various percentages: Robberies, Felony Assaults and one other category I can't recall. But hey keep telling us we're crazy and crime is down.

by Anonymousreply 133August 14, 2024 4:14 PM

[quote] Here you go, [R96]. At the link you will find a dashboard from the Manhattan DA's office. Click on dashboards and have a blast.

This data is specifically for crimes sentenced - dates ranging from 2013 through 2023. 2013: 62,258. 2023: 11,510.

Thanks R114. Really highlights what bullshit crime stats have become

Yep R114, thats

by Anonymousreply 134August 14, 2024 4:20 PM

Oh jeez I fucked that up

by Anonymousreply 135August 14, 2024 4:21 PM

Crime is down in most metropolitan cities, not so much in the impoverished southern towns though.

by Anonymousreply 136August 14, 2024 4:26 PM

R134, if you click up top under DASHBOARD you can also view arraignments and dispositions.

Nothing to see here. What crime?

by Anonymousreply 137August 14, 2024 4:27 PM

[quote]Defacto at [R122], proven wrong on the facts, next turns to public perception.

R127 I don't know who this Defect person is you seem obsessed with but it's not me, so give it a rest. You sound unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 138August 14, 2024 4:31 PM

I know numbers are math and math is hard for some of you, but crime can simultaneously be up from 2019 and down from any year from about 1970 - 2005.

by Anonymousreply 139August 14, 2024 4:32 PM

KIDS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 14, 2024 4:33 PM

Maybe NY should change its sanctuary status.

The NYPD chief of patrol once New York City to change sanctuary city laws to allow collaboration with ICE

Mayor Eric Adams has called it a humanitarian crisis that will cost the city about $12 billion over three years. In the fall, he declared a state of emergency. In recent weeks, city officials have said they are running out of room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 14, 2024 4:39 PM

The reason why crime seems like it’s up because it is more spread out now. There is no vast conspiracy. Crime IS down— difference is in the past po ass mofos wouldn’t dare go to the upper east side and commit crime. Because they knew that not only would they be prosecuted the NYPD might beat the living shit out of them first. Cops cannot operate like that which is good. But now you just have crime happening in the upper echelon parts of the city because police cannot operate like complete pigs like they used to.

#Capitalism

by Anonymousreply 142August 14, 2024 4:46 PM

[quote] Crime is down in most metropolitan cities, not so much in the impoverished southern towns though

Is it hard for you to walk around with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears? R136

by Anonymousreply 143August 14, 2024 4:47 PM

[quote]I know numbers are math and math is hard for some of you, but crime can simultaneously be up from 2019 and down from any year from about 1970 - 2005.

I can only speak for NY and Philly. Two cities I know well. And I lived in NYC during the '70s and part of the '80s.

Crime may have been higher back then but it was limited to certain neighborhoods. And that was that.

Today it's diffuse. Anything can happen anywhere. Unprovoked. There is a randomness to it.

And that aspect spreads fear. Paranoia. It cuts deeply into the quality of life, in a way it did not before.

BTW: In 2022 there were 1,311 car jackings in Philadelphia. Not Medellín Colombia, Philadelphia.

It's this kind of scary unprovoked crime, the looting, the car jackings, that have people on edge.

by Anonymousreply 144August 14, 2024 4:48 PM

R144. You are right. That’s why we need to make sure poor women have access to abortion. And we also need to prosecute repeat offender for quote unquote minor violent crime.

by Anonymousreply 145August 14, 2024 4:50 PM

Also and I don’t the proper stance on this but I do know that if a juvenile committed say acar jacking, especially if they beat the person up they would stay in juvie for at least 16 months. Nowadays we take a much more compassionate stance toward juice criminals, one that is always concerned about rehabilitation. The justice system used to didn’t give a fuck about that. Yeah the juvie record would be sealed and the sentencing slightly lower but in the past juvenile car jackers and strong arm robbers spent that ass in prison for considerable time.

by Anonymousreply 146August 14, 2024 4:55 PM

Juvie* criminals

by Anonymousreply 147August 14, 2024 5:01 PM

A very good article in today's NYPost about how crime statistics are being manipulated.

I know, I know, the first response will be "But it's the NYPost!". OK. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, read the article and if there is a problem with the reasoning and the facts stated in the article let us know.

"Democrats are hiding the rise in violent crime with tricky statistics"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 14, 2024 5:10 PM

[quote]The reason why crime seems like it’s up because it is more spread out now. There is no vast conspiracy. Crime IS down— difference is in the past po ass mofos wouldn’t dare go to the upper east side and commit crime.

THIS. You could walk around the UES or UWS at 2 in the morning and you still felt safe. Not anymore. It's more spread out.

by Anonymousreply 149August 14, 2024 5:12 PM

[Quote] You are right. That’s why we need to make sure poor women have access to abortion.

Agreed R145 and not just poor women. No more wire hangers EVER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 14, 2024 5:14 PM

So young!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 14, 2024 5:21 PM

I believe that abortions should be available on demand, free of charge, and every Wal Mart should have an abortion clinic.

by Anonymousreply 152August 14, 2024 5:21 PM

case in point R149

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 14, 2024 6:04 PM

Having lived on the UWS in the early 1990, I call BS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 14, 2024 6:05 PM

In the late 90s and 2000s the UWS was pretty safe. My drunken twink ass would walk the streets after getting shifaced and coked up at The Works and I never had a problem. I would never do that now, even completely sober.

by Anonymousreply 155August 14, 2024 6:12 PM

There was literally a coked up, machete wielding lunatic running around pushing people into traffic for seven years. But I guess because he mostly attacked women you felt safe.

by Anonymousreply 156August 14, 2024 6:16 PM

None of the women I knew were attacked r156. I never even heard about that. God, you're tedious.

by Anonymousreply 157August 14, 2024 6:17 PM

R157 When I lived in New York I used to go to the Works even though I didn't live on the Upper West Side, and I don't remember hearing about that machete wielding lunatic either. But that was apparently one person causing all of that mayhem and apparently in one particular neighborhood. But going forward 3 decades the current mayhem involving people being shoved onto the subway tracks, slashed, punched, raped and robbed at gunpoint Is occurring in all neighborhoods and it's far from just one person doing it all.

In the 80s and 90s I remember hearing about numerous car break-ins as well as people's apartments being broken into on the Upper West Side, Morningside Heights and Inwood.

by Anonymousreply 158August 14, 2024 8:08 PM

Today at bingo Helen Pixley told us that she was doing laundry on Sunday and hung her intimate garments including her control top panties and underwire bras out on the line to dry. Her neighbor called her and told her that a colored man was taking things off her clothes line when she looked out the window she saw him running off with all of her bras and panties! Women are no longer safe!

by Anonymousreply 159August 14, 2024 9:27 PM

R159 Don't quit your day job.

by Anonymousreply 160August 14, 2024 9:29 PM

Even back in the day the justice system failed New Yorkers

‘Wild Man’ Terrorizes N.Y.’s Upper Westside By DANA KENNEDY Sept. 6, 1992 12 AM PT

ASSOCIATED PRESS NEW YORK — They call him the “Wild Man,” and he’s been terrorizing the Upper West Side for seven years. Larry Hogue, a 52-year-old homeless crack addict, roams the streets with an assortment of weapons--a machete, a screwdriver, an ice pick--and police say he has a penchant for chasing women with small dogs and pushing pedestrians into traffic.

He’s been arrested or sent to mental hospitals at least 37 times since 1985, but always ends up back on the streets of this neighborhood, a mix of affluent high-rise apartments and rough tenements.

by Anonymousreply 161August 14, 2024 11:26 PM

Yeah, well in 2024 if you multiply Larry the Wild Man by thousands you have an average day in the city.

by Anonymousreply 162August 15, 2024 12:32 AM

Teen violence on the subway. Stabbings are virtually a daily event in the Big Apple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 15, 2024 2:26 PM

The people seeking political asylum came from insane asylums! Think about it. I’m very smart. My uncle was on the faculty of MIT. Good genes.

by Anonymousreply 164August 15, 2024 2:43 PM

The late MIT Professor John Trump’s family have trashed Trump.

by Anonymousreply 165August 15, 2024 3:18 PM

Fake news. Stable genius.

by Anonymousreply 166August 15, 2024 3:22 PM

I wonder what psychological need the Crime Panic Troll fulfills by constantly posting a news story on every mugging in NYC.

Is she a NYC shut in who can afford Wifi but not friends?

Is she a flyover queen who hates the fact that other people are having fun?

Does she think she's owning the uppity New Yorkers?

It's weird.

by Anonymousreply 167August 15, 2024 3:23 PM

No R167.

They're people who are able to break away from their party's talking points.

They're people who are able to think on their own instead of toeing the party line.

They're people like Mayor Adams and Governor Hochul wo are finally addressing the issue of out-of-control crime in NYC to the point they're calling in the National Guard to patrol the subways and flying drones over Central Park.

Lastly, and most importantly, R167, they're not condescending assholes like you and a few others in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 168August 15, 2024 3:45 PM

R163, they just took a 14-year-old into custody. "He's had prior interactions with police." A 14-year-old repeat offender repeat offending. But crime rates are down, right?

by Anonymousreply 169August 15, 2024 4:06 PM

[Quote] Is she a NYC shut in who can afford Wifi but not friends?

how does one afford friends?

by Anonymousreply 170August 15, 2024 4:48 PM

[quote]They're people who are able to break away from their party's talking points.

You're so brave! The way you relentlessly post on anonymous internet formus!!! You're just like one of the girls who desegregated Little Rock High! Or Gandhi or Mandela!!!

[quote]They're people who are able to think on their own instead of toeing the party line.

You're a member of the Intellectual Dark Web!!! Just like Bari Weiss and Jordan Peterson!!!

[quote]They're people like Mayor Adams and Governor Hochul

...hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

omg.

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 171August 15, 2024 5:09 PM

R171 has an incredibly fragile ego.

It must have taken extra time and care for you to separate your ha ha's from your ah ah's and then reverse form. *Read mentally ill* You get a cookie.

by Anonymousreply 172August 15, 2024 5:18 PM

Copy and paste are simple things. So is a space bar.

But do ask your brilliant idol Mayor Eric Adams for more advice on how to navigate the savage NYC Subway system and emerge with your virginity intact.

by Anonymousreply 173August 15, 2024 5:22 PM

[quote]I wonder what psychological need the Crime Panic Troll fulfills by constantly posting a news story on every mugging in NYC.

Mugging?

How quaint. Are you posting from 1965?

by Anonymousreply 174August 15, 2024 5:30 PM

R167, R171, R173. You've contributed nothing to this thread except to mock those with whom you disagree. Why haven't you joined the debate by posting factual stats to offset our stats?

Don't forget to add the extra "ha" at the end of your next inciteful (not insightful) post.

*Mental illness on display*

by Anonymousreply 175August 15, 2024 5:41 PM

[quote] A 14-year-old repeat offender repeat offending. But crime rates are down, right?

Lol. Hilarious hysterical old frau cow.

by Anonymousreply 176August 15, 2024 6:05 PM

No, sweetie. I'm mocking you. Because you're insane.

by Anonymousreply 177August 15, 2024 7:06 PM

R174 I noticed the poster talked about muggings but didn't mention several reported stabbings. Perhaps they were trying to downplay the seriousness of the assaults.

by Anonymousreply 178August 15, 2024 8:01 PM

Any violent crime is too much violent crime.

That said violent crime is most certainly down from the days when there were six murders a day in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 179August 15, 2024 8:35 PM

R179 You still don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 180August 15, 2024 8:44 PM

[quote]That said violent crime is most certainly down from the days when there were six murders a day in NYC.

And now crime is all over the city. In 30 years I never had to worry about being assaulted or accosted or pushed in front of a fucking train or seeing Duane Reeds basically being looted on the fucking UES and UWS. Or the Village. Or in Midtown. Now it's everywhere because of these fucking animals who the NYPD and the Mayor are doing nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 181August 15, 2024 10:08 PM

^^Duane Reades being looted

by Anonymousreply 182August 15, 2024 10:12 PM

So crime is personally up against you and that is the only crime that counts? Fuck people who can’t afford to live on the UES? Poor people’s murders shouldn’t be in the statistics?

I don’t think declaring that narcissism trumps math in your mind is the own you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 183August 15, 2024 11:49 PM

R183 spot on elderlez. For one thing it’s perception bias. Crime is not off the chain like that. In the past you saw crime on the five o clock news. Now you get daily updates, and it’s all on social media. Not only learning of the crime that occurred, but actual videos of some of them happening. It makes the realism heightened. New York City is way safer than it was in 80s and early 9s0s. That’s fact.

by Anonymousreply 184August 15, 2024 11:54 PM

R181, Adams doesn't' have the power to remove Bragg from office but Hochul does. Instead of locking up the repeat offenders they unleash them back on society to commit more crimes. That's all on Bragg.

Then much needed resources are redirected for additional security. Why are they expending so much time and energy on this when she has the power to remove him from office? Deploying the Nation Guard? Drones flying over central Park? It sounds as if someone were describing a war zone and that's exactly what it is.

R183, I think you misunderstood R181's post. Your constant personal attacks prove you lack the emotional intelligence to discuss a topic in a reasonable and calm manner.

R184, your last persona had you living in California, now you're a NYC aficionado?

by Anonymousreply 185August 16, 2024 12:04 AM

[quote]So crime is personally up against you and that is the only crime that counts? Fuck people who can’t afford to live on the UES? Poor people’s murders shouldn’t be in the statistics?

[quote]I don’t think declaring that narcissism trumps math in your mind is the own you think it is.

Crime is a city-wide problem. For a so-called world-class city in a so-called first world country the incidents of violent crime and street crime is appalling. We're talking about a first world Western nation, no Colombia. It is a major crisis but virtue-signaling cunts like you just parrot the same old woke bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 186August 16, 2024 12:08 AM

R185 Bitch as a former New Yorker I always follow New York crime and politics. You need to take a chill pill. And my parents were born and raised in New York so I know about the culture there from 60s and 70s. My best friends are from New York. New York stays on my radar. Your ass needs some fucking help.

by Anonymousreply 187August 16, 2024 12:08 AM

[quote]Crime is not off the chain like that. In the past you saw crime on the five o clock news. Now you get daily updates, and it’s all on social media. Not only learning of the crime that occurred, but actual videos of some of them happening. It makes the realism heightened. New York City is way safer than it was in 80s and early 9s0s. That’s fact.

Oh so I guess all of us exposed to it on a daily basis are just hallucinating, then. Moron.

Nobody should have to deal with the threat of being attacked on the street or pushed in front of the train in neighborhoods where this has never been a problem before.

by Anonymousreply 188August 16, 2024 12:09 AM

r188 is also:

[quote]Sorry r62 but blacks are disproportionately responsible for violent crime in the US. That's just a fact.

by Anonymousreply 189August 16, 2024 12:12 AM

r189 I love posters like you who trolldar and post quotes in an attempt to "shame" the poster who is their target. Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 190August 16, 2024 12:13 AM

R188 Pleas tell me when was the last time you were attacked, mugged, or robbed. Y’all are letting social media over heighten your senses. You get the same sensational story reported to you 3-4 times a day on multiple platforms, and often with 4K video. There’s cameras everywhere. Imma tell you like I told my mom: Stop watching true crime and the FBI Files show and you won’t be so scary of people.

by Anonymousreply 191August 16, 2024 12:13 AM

R189 He is not wrong though. And I’m black.

by Anonymousreply 192August 16, 2024 12:14 AM

Blow it out your racist pie hole, r190.

by Anonymousreply 193August 16, 2024 12:14 AM

r191 I know several people who've had that happen to them. I see people getting attacked and stores getting looted. It's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 194August 16, 2024 12:14 AM

r193 why don't you go play hall monitor in another thread?

by Anonymousreply 195August 16, 2024 12:15 AM

R1 Yep. You can blame the NRA and the legacy of slavery for that.

by Anonymousreply 196August 16, 2024 12:16 AM

[quote]r192 = And I’m black.

Of course you are, Teafake...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197August 16, 2024 12:17 AM

I was robbed in 1989. And I wasn’t knifed, but someone in my subway car was that same year and it was terrifying. And through the 90’s I had several experiences of creeps exposing themselves to me or groping me on crowded subway cars.

by Anonymousreply 198August 16, 2024 12:18 AM

^ responding to R191

by Anonymousreply 199August 16, 2024 12:20 AM

I will no longer diss you on the in-na-net because my mama taught me better than that.

by Anonymousreply 200August 16, 2024 12:20 AM

Wait, so elderlez you are r188 unsigned?

by Anonymousreply 201August 16, 2024 12:21 AM

Goodness no!!

by Anonymousreply 202August 16, 2024 12:23 AM

[quote]And now crime is all over the city. In 30 years I never had to worry about being assaulted or accosted or pushed in front of a fucking train or seeing Duane Reeds basically being looted on the fucking UES and UWS. Or the Village. Or in Midtown. Now it's everywhere because of these fucking animals who the NYPD and the Mayor are doing nothing about.

True.

by Anonymousreply 203August 16, 2024 1:07 AM

^^^ True

“For the first time in my life—even in the late eighties and nineties when the crime rate was killing 2,000 people a year, I never felt as unsafe as I do now just walking around and God forbid, sometimes we take the subway home from WABC, and you’re hearing about an assault on the subway almost every other day,” the former governor said.-2022

by Anonymousreply 204August 16, 2024 1:50 AM

Don’t believe the propaganda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205August 18, 2024 2:10 PM

You can say that if you like, but is simply wouldn’t be true

by Anonymousreply 206August 18, 2024 4:58 PM

'The new norm' random, unprovoked attacks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207August 18, 2024 6:13 PM

[quote]“There are many crimes being committed — random acts, random attacks — on females on the streets,” Dillon said. “It’s not going away, and it’s not getting any better. And it’s getting much, much worse. And the media and the police are definitely downplaying this. It’s a huge, huge problem.”

Downplaying because the perps are all black. God forbid anyone be accused of being racist!

by Anonymousreply 208August 18, 2024 9:29 PM

[quote]“I’m not shocked because this kind of crime is the new norm in New York City,” Dillon said in her video. “It just seemed like another day, another attack. That was the energy I was feeling.”

We’ve see this phenomenon on DL from DLers who live in NYC who have become completely desensitized to the crime around them.

by Anonymousreply 209August 18, 2024 9:45 PM

It doesn't fit their narrative R209 Are these the same people who just a couple of months ago were insisting Biden was as sharp as a tack?

by Anonymousreply 210August 18, 2024 11:04 PM

I love the Klan Grannies who are too brain poisoned by fear mongering media to even go outside.

Yes, sweetie, there is crime.

You think we should be more authoritarian about it? Fine. Vote Republican. And be prepared to pay more taxes to build more prisons.

Meanwhile, leave the rest of us alone.

by Anonymousreply 211August 22, 2024 4:29 PM

[quote] And be prepared to pay more taxes to build more prisons.

I’m okay with that. As many criminals off the streets as possible.

by Anonymousreply 212August 22, 2024 4:36 PM

Ok. There's a limited amount of money people are willing to be taxed. So at some point, there will be cuts to schools, libraries, garbage pickup, medical care in order to maintain the prison industry you envision.

by Anonymousreply 213August 22, 2024 5:04 PM

[quote] There's a limited amount of money people are willing to be taxed. So at some point, there will be cuts to schools, libraries, garbage pickup, medical care in order to maintain the prison industry you envision.

I’m okay with that. As many criminals off the streets as possible.

by Anonymousreply 214August 22, 2024 5:21 PM

"I love the Klan Grannies who are too brain poisoned by fear mongering media to even go outside."

KKKlan Grannies are only fearful of black/brown people committing crimes. Crimes committed by white people get a get-out-of-jail-card, literally and figuratively. See: Trump, Donald.

by Anonymousreply 215August 22, 2024 5:32 PM

This is exactly like the bogus jobs report.

by Anonymousreply 216August 22, 2024 5:53 PM

[quote]KKKlan Grannies are only fearful of black/brown people committing crimes.

It is the disproportionate number of black/brown people who are victims of violent crime who have the most fear.

by Anonymousreply 217August 22, 2024 8:56 PM

Were the shooters wearing MAGA hats? asking for a friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 23, 2024 5:25 PM

The new normal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219August 25, 2024 4:32 AM

Another subway stabbing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 25, 2024 4:33 AM

Love those law and order republican types!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 30, 2024 7:04 PM

Don't we all R221

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 30, 2024 8:56 PM

and talk about you Klan grannies R221

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223August 30, 2024 8:58 PM

^^^ your

Another day another slashing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 30, 2024 9:01 PM

headed in the wrong direction

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225August 30, 2024 9:05 PM

It’s a happy medium between not living somewhere not too crime ridden, not too deplorable, and not too frauish.

by Anonymousreply 226August 30, 2024 9:34 PM

and not too many migrants, homeless or squatters

by Anonymousreply 227September 1, 2024 5:00 PM

So a car accident is the immigrants fault somehow? Black people? What?

by Anonymousreply 228September 2, 2024 4:56 PM

Chicago still seems to be suffering from violent crime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229September 2, 2024 5:42 PM

[Quote] So a car accident is the immigrants fault somehow? Black people? What?

said no one ever

by Anonymousreply 230September 2, 2024 5:43 PM

On this past Thursday, two hockey players (one a pro player) in South Jersey were killed while riding their bikes by a white male drunk driver.

Time to round up all the white male drunk drivers and deport them before they cause any more crime.

by Anonymousreply 231September 2, 2024 6:02 PM

R231 try to make sense

by Anonymousreply 232September 2, 2024 6:07 PM

Nothing makes sense to racist pieces of shit KKKlan Grannies like you, DeFucktardo @R232.

On another weekend long alcohol/meth fueled bender?

by Anonymousreply 233September 2, 2024 6:17 PM

r231 let us know when all the white male drunk drivers are mowing people down in every US city every day and night. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 234September 2, 2024 6:21 PM

R234: Too stooopid/lazy to Google anything.

by Anonymousreply 235September 2, 2024 6:23 PM

r235 you're not making sense

by Anonymousreply 236September 2, 2024 6:29 PM

R233 sounds self-descriptive.

by Anonymousreply 237September 2, 2024 6:38 PM

Last weekend in Chicago:

"At least 33 shot, 6 fatally, in weekend gun violence across city, police say" ABC News

This weekend so far only 3 killed and 19 wounded.

See? Crime IS down!

by Anonymousreply 238September 2, 2024 6:55 PM

I'm not sure what the obsessive Crime Queen's point is.

Should we get rid of all the guns?

Get rid of all the black people?

All the immigrants?

Are you just trying to say (over and over and over and over) that NYC is a shit hole?

Are you trying to say that Democratic-run cities are lawless? Ok, let's say you're correct. What then? Should we burn them all down? Impose martial law?

What is your point?

by Anonymousreply 239September 2, 2024 7:01 PM

6 people were shot after gunfire erupted along the New York Caribbean Carnival parade route on Monday, police said. The suspect is described as a male 6'2" to 6'3" slim build. wearing back bandana, brown shirt, who fled Westbound on Eastern Parkway towards Classon Avenue, police said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240September 2, 2024 7:33 PM

The 23-year-old was shot in the chest Saturday afternoon after a failed attempted armed robbery by who police say was a 17-year-old from Tracy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241September 2, 2024 7:49 PM

The Klan Grannie thing is played out. There is tremendous pressure in the black and brown communities to get tough on crime. One of the reasons Trump was doing better with those groups before Kamala was his law and order stance In fact Kamala should lean in hard on her prosecutor background. It’s a big change from the BLM days and Dems seem to get that.

by Anonymousreply 242September 2, 2024 7:54 PM

Two women of colour killed by a white drunk driver in Nashville a few weeks ago. Driver was just finished probation for a previous DUI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243September 2, 2024 8:59 PM

[quote]r242 = It’s a big change from the BLM days and Dems seem to get that.

Ooooh... those big bad BLM days!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244September 2, 2024 9:09 PM

What does "Get tough on crime" mean? The NYPD's overtime budget was over $700 million by June1.

That's just overtime.

Not exactly "defund the police."

Is there a connection between the seeming spike in gun crime and the right-wing Supreme Court's assault on any gun control laws?

Or do you not know because the NY Post doesn't talk about it?

by Anonymousreply 245September 3, 2024 7:16 PM

It's funny when English people ("two women of colour") seem all invested in Nashville crime statistics

by Anonymousreply 246September 3, 2024 7:18 PM

People who don't identify as racists but have racist instincts see more Mexican and mixed up people around and assume therefore more crime is going on.

by Anonymousreply 247September 3, 2024 7:43 PM

R247 And they assume correctly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248September 3, 2024 7:45 PM

[Quote]Is there a connection between the seeming spike in gun crime and the right-wing Supreme Court's assault on any gun control laws?

How would explain the almost daily occurrence of people being slashed on subways?

– A 16-year-old boy was attacked while riding a southbound No. 2 train in the Bronx early Tuesday morning, according to the NYPD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249September 3, 2024 7:46 PM

Hours after five people were shot during the West Indian Day parade in Brooklyn on Monday, a man was stabbed multiple times near the event, police said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250September 3, 2024 7:57 PM

Weekend update from the City of Brotherly Love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251September 3, 2024 8:06 PM

[quote]How would explain the almost daily occurrence of people being slashed on subways?

So its fine that guns are everywhere because people also get stabbed?

This is your logic?

Yeesh

by Anonymousreply 252September 3, 2024 8:12 PM

R248 i wipe my ass with the ny post

by Anonymousreply 253September 3, 2024 8:14 PM

so none of these published stories about particular crimes are reflected in the statistics? it's all a big organized scam? go apply for the trump campaign, they really need someone who can tell this story.

by Anonymousreply 254September 3, 2024 8:15 PM

R253 For local news about NYC, what news sources do you trust?

by Anonymousreply 255September 3, 2024 8:19 PM

(^.^) her cooter apparently R255

by Anonymousreply 256September 3, 2024 9:34 PM

R246 wow you’re not the sharpest.

by Anonymousreply 257September 3, 2024 10:30 PM

Maybe I'm not but I'm not wrong.

Aren't there English crime stats you can hate-jack over?

by Anonymousreply 258September 3, 2024 11:36 PM

R258 you’re wrong on every single thing you asserted. I’m surprised you’re doubling down, I’d be too embarrassed if I was you.

by Anonymousreply 259September 3, 2024 11:52 PM

Authorities say a man walked into the spa located at 41-39 Kissena Blvd. just after 5:30 p.m. and stabbed a 26-year-old woman multiple times, right in front of customers and workers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260September 4, 2024 3:50 AM

[quote]I’d be too embarrassed if I was you

I'd be embarrassed that I didn't know the subjunctive mood.

It is interesting that all you do is say someone's wrong or crazy or what have you and never say exactly what they're wrong about.

It's almost as if you're a snickering shit stirrer.

by Anonymousreply 261September 4, 2024 10:50 AM

On the heels of Chicago, NY is becoming a shooting gallery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 5, 2024 12:50 AM

Crime is dropping dramatically!

by Anonymousreply 263September 5, 2024 12:57 AM

[quote] Aren't there English crime stats you can hate-jack over?

You don't realize the enormous irony in that statement, do you?

by Anonymousreply 264September 5, 2024 1:28 AM

R239, I'm not the obsessive Crime Queen but to answer your incredibly sarcastic and condescending questions, it's quite easy. Repeal all bail reform, actually arrest and charge those who commit crimes and reclassify former felonies (currently misdemeanors) as felonies.

The police are doing their job it's the DAs that are unleashing this hell on the law-abiding citizens. As many of the reports in this thread show, the criminal element is becoming more and more emboldened with zero fear of reprisal.

by Anonymousreply 265September 5, 2024 1:30 AM

[quote] The police are doing their job

lol

by Anonymousreply 266September 5, 2024 1:42 AM

Typical at R266. Try using facts to back up your "lol."

by Anonymousreply 267September 5, 2024 1:59 AM

[quote]The police are doing their job

The NYC police are leaving their job.

And who can blame them....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268September 5, 2024 2:10 AM

[quote]I'm not the obsessive Crime Queen

Sure you aren't

[quote]Repeal all bail reform

So you're for throwing anyone accused of any crime at all in prison indefinitely unless they're rich. Got it.

[quote]The police are doing their job

Clearly you don't live in NYC. But how do you know this?

[quote]it's the DAs that are unleashing this hell on the law-abiding citizens

Which DA? The left winger in SF got recalled. Is everything amazing there now? Is it the NYC DA? The one who convicted Trump? Is that why you hate him?

by Anonymousreply 269September 5, 2024 11:15 AM

Alvin Bragg the Manhattan DA who sent out a memo his first day announcing all the crimes(he would no longer prosecute.) One of which was farebeating. As a result approximately 50% of bus riders no longer pay and the MTA is in financial chaos. However since refusing to pay is no longer a crime (simple misdemeanor), it isn’t included in crime numbers. See how easy that is. I won’t even start On the full list of crimes that aren’t crimes anymore.

by Anonymousreply 270September 5, 2024 11:56 AM

Oh well here’s a few more…shoplifting, trespassing, resisting arrest, prostitution you get the idea.

by Anonymousreply 271September 5, 2024 11:58 AM

and quite a few of these

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272September 5, 2024 2:23 PM

[quote] However since refusing to pay is no longer a crime (simple misdemeanor), it isn’t included in crime numbers

What are you talking about R270? A misdemeanor is a type of crime.

by Anonymousreply 273September 5, 2024 2:51 PM

The cops are doing their job? Really? Every time I see them, they're all standing around in a circle, probably clocking OT, chatting with each other or playing Candy Crush on their phone.

Meanwhile their bosses are busy doing podcasts or tweeting out insane shit. Their union bosses get arrested for embezzlement and the cops themselves park literally anywhere they want.

This is what the $800M in overtime buys?

by Anonymousreply 274September 5, 2024 3:13 PM

[quote]The cops are doing their job? Really? Every time I see them, they're all standing around in a circle, probably clocking OT, chatting with each other or playing Candy Crush on their phone.

They're always doing that on the 6th @ 68th. But it's ok because I can look at them and salivate over their big round asses.

by Anonymousreply 275September 5, 2024 3:16 PM

R269, I'm sorry to disappoint you but no, I am not the "obsessive Crime Queen" (I just love how you capitalize those words to give that person a title.) I simply refuted some of your assertions at R239. I'm watching ABC7 Eyewitness News right now. They're reporting they've identified the body of a woman who was found in a suitcase on Long Island. Look it's spreading! Oh, joy!

You have such a rigid myopic progressive view of such issues that you assume anyone who is opposed to criminals being released back into society with a mere slap on the wrist must be a Trump supporter. Sorry to disappoint you but I'm a registered, moderate Dem and I will be voting for Kamala in November. So please, move to the middle because that's how most sane Americans vote.

by Anonymousreply 276September 5, 2024 4:33 PM

There was a study done several years ago that found people who get most of their information from watching TV news shows tended to be more paranoid overall.

See R265/ R276 as a prime example.

by Anonymousreply 277September 5, 2024 4:59 PM

Thanks, R277. I've found that those who offer little to no value in a thread often rely on insults. For example, referring to those with whom they disagree as "KKKlan Grannie".

I'll just leave this here: Ad hominem attacks are commonly used by those who do not have the intellectual capacity to debate the topic at hand. It would seem you're more like Donald Trump than you'd care to admit.

by Anonymousreply 278September 5, 2024 5:21 PM

There’s a big opinion piece in the NYT today about putting more cops on buses and trains. To stop farebeating which is bankrupting the MTA. This is considered real out of the box thinking by the NYT. Many misdemeanors in NYC are no longer dealt with as low level crimes. Bragg even included resisting arrest in that group. The good news is that most people in NYC are in touch with reality. Expect a progressive bloodbath the next election as long as some sane moderates run in the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 279September 5, 2024 5:42 PM

Lefty DiBlasio wreaked havoc on NYC and policing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280September 5, 2024 5:52 PM

[quote]There was a study done several years ago that found people who get most of their information from watching TV news shows tended to be more paranoid overall.

There's a study that's done every fucking day by people who live in NYC and it shows that crime is all over the place and the subway is getting more and more dangerous.

Oh, there's another study that shows that basement dwelling shut-in in flyover shitholes think everything about crime in NYC is made up because they've never been there and have no idea what the fuck is going on in NYC in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 281September 5, 2024 5:57 PM

"Ad hominem attacks are commonly used by those who do not have the intellectual capacity to debate the topic at hand."

The last thing you, and people like you, want is a debate. You're only interested in forcing your viewpoint on others, like any run of the mill authoritarian asshole. If you don't succeed the first time in landing a punch, you repeat the same bullshit lie over and over again ad nauseum.

Very Roy Cohn-ish like if you ask me. And you know who Roy Cohn's protege was?

by Anonymousreply 282September 5, 2024 5:58 PM

Hey r282 come visit NYC and tell us all how the crime stats are just made up.

Take the 6 from 68th down to 23rd and let us know how lovely the trip is. We'll be waiting for you to get back to us.

by Anonymousreply 283September 5, 2024 6:03 PM

R279 apparently one cop alone made over $400,000 last year in overtime. That’s 138,000 subway fares. There’s your MTA money :)

by Anonymousreply 284September 5, 2024 6:36 PM

Paranoid Crime Queens use an article from 4 years ago to attack a mayor who isn't mayor anymore.

This is the lofty intellectual debate they crave.

Stories on crime in NYC are true. NYC is a big place and some people there are gonna do bad things.

The problem is that we've had the regime they seem to advocate - Giuliani and Bloomberg gave the cops billions of dollars of city tax money and let them do anything they want.

They may point to those years as a Golden Era (and maybe it was for some) but what they don't want to grapple with is the way millions of black and brown New Yorkers had to live. The constant stops. The constant frisking. The incarceration for long periods of time with no charges.

These citizens and their allies had enough of that and voted to stop it.

The Crime Queens should get together a coalition of paranoid property owners (it shouldn't be that hard) and vote in an authoritarian mayor who hates the Constitution and will cut schools and libraries and street cleaning to fund prisons and copa.

by Anonymousreply 285September 6, 2024 2:07 PM

R283: please get the mental/emotional health care you so desperately need.

by Anonymousreply 286September 6, 2024 2:11 PM

Hey r286 you can ride the 6 anytime.

by Anonymousreply 287September 6, 2024 2:58 PM

I ride the 6 all the time. It’s fine.

by Anonymousreply 288September 6, 2024 7:22 PM

LoL, r283, you aren't fooling anybody.

by Anonymousreply 289September 6, 2024 7:30 PM

r289 I just got home (in a neighborhood you could never afford) from riding the 6 and it's as nasty as ever.

by Anonymousreply 290September 6, 2024 7:59 PM

Stop complaining, r290. If you don't like it...move.

by Anonymousreply 291September 6, 2024 8:29 PM

Breaking news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292September 6, 2024 8:46 PM

Somehow this became a thread on crime in NYC and nowhere else. I'm going to reiterate what I wrote earlier, because apparently the person linking all these crimes didn't get it the first time or is mathematically challenged. NYC metropolitan area is 20,000,000 people. One out of every 15 people in the US lives there. NYC could have 5 violent murders a day, and still it would have a low violent crime rate per capita. Maybe Mayberry RFD might only have one murder per year. But because its population is 2,000, it would have a higher violent crime rate per capita than NYC, which, by the way, had 386 murders in 2023 (about one a day). Maybe this is beyond your comprehension, but 1 a day out of 20,000,000 is a lot less per capita than 1 per year out of a population of 2000. (Your odds of being murdered in NYC per year would be 1 out of 51,000, vs 1 out of 2000 in Mayberry.). FOX news and the NY Post might not spin it that way, but that is the correct way to analyze it, not by flooding this thread with the latest daily outrageous crime in NYC, taken from the headlines of the Post. If I need to, I'll cut and paste this answer over and over every time someone links another crime story from NYC. FAIR WARNING.

by Anonymousreply 293September 7, 2024 12:34 AM

Well r293 you've explained it all. I guess we don't have to worry about crime in NYC anymore!

by Anonymousreply 294September 7, 2024 12:44 AM

[quote] If I need to, I'll cut and paste this answer over and over every time someone links another crime story from NYC. FAIR WARNING.

You're not the boss of DL, dear.

by Anonymousreply 295September 7, 2024 12:46 AM

A man was shot outside a CTA Blue Line station late Thursday night in Logan Square on the Northwest Side.

The attack comes on the heels of several shootings and a stabbing that have happened on trains or near CTA stations this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296September 7, 2024 12:47 AM

But r293 what if the articles aren't from the NY Post? Will your self-aggrandizing sense of righteousness be put on pause, in that case?

by Anonymousreply 297September 7, 2024 12:49 AM

r294 - Again, move.

by Anonymousreply 298September 7, 2024 12:49 AM

r298 - Again, fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 299September 7, 2024 12:57 AM

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- A 16-year-old has been charged with the murders of both a West Philadelphia rapper and another teenager.

The teen also faces charges in four other shootings just last month.

The age of the criminals is about the only thing that has dropped dramatically

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300September 7, 2024 12:58 AM

Some people don't report or are afraid of the police. Crime stats are not reliable. Ask the people in the neighborhoods who live there and they will tell you what it is actually like.

by Anonymousreply 301September 7, 2024 12:59 AM

[R294] - Again, move.

R294/R299 are just like the MAGAts living in West Virginia/Kentucky/Ohio: they're miserable fucks because pappy and grand-pappy were all coal miners, so naturally they should be coal miners as well, never mind there is no need any more for coal. So, rather than move and/or take advantage of job training offered to them, they'll blame everybody else for their problems, rather than get off their fat asses and do something.

by Anonymousreply 302September 7, 2024 1:12 PM

How quaint r302. I'm actually on the UES right now and about to go to the gym.

by Anonymousreply 303September 7, 2024 1:14 PM

Why does the fact that crime in NYC has risen trigger people who like to pretend it's not a huge issue? It's odd.

by Anonymousreply 304September 7, 2024 1:15 PM

Violent crime down, but shoplifting has been steadily surging.

by Anonymousreply 305September 7, 2024 1:58 PM

R304 They're denial. Like if anyone says anything against Kamala Harris they get triggered. It's irrational.

by Anonymousreply 306September 7, 2024 2:01 PM

*In denial

by Anonymousreply 307September 7, 2024 2:01 PM

Community rallies against Brooklyn gun violence, demanding action and healing

In the wake of several tragic shootings this week in Brooklyn, the community came together Friday to take a stand against the senseless gun violence they said is plaguing their neighborhoods.

The demonstration follows a series of shootings in the borough, including a fatal incident on Labor Day near Eastern Parkway and Franklin Avenue that left one person dead and four others injured. On Wednesday, two men were wounded in a shooting on Park Place, and later that same night, a man was shot and killed inside the Rockaway Avenue train station, according to investigators

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308September 7, 2024 2:58 PM

R306 are they the same people who just a couple of months ago insisted that Joe Biden was sharp as a tack!

by Anonymousreply 309September 7, 2024 3:00 PM

[Quote] I'm actually on the UES right now and about to go to the gym.

Sounds exciting but unless you're taking the limo be careful crossing the street

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310September 7, 2024 3:12 PM

[quote]In the wake of several tragic shootings this week in Brooklyn, the community came together Friday to take a stand against the senseless gun violence they said is plaguing their neighborhoods.

I just shows you how gullible and out of touch with the truth these people are.

Someone has got to tell them: violent crime is dropping dramatically!

by Anonymousreply 311September 7, 2024 3:16 PM

They didn't get the memo.

by Anonymousreply 312September 7, 2024 3:29 PM

Ah - the paranoid crime freaks are also the anti cycling freaks.

by Anonymousreply 313September 7, 2024 3:34 PM

R293 The old buzzards here don’t do arithmetic, which is funny because on other threads they are busy fainting over how illiterate Gen-whatever kids are.

by Anonymousreply 314September 7, 2024 3:50 PM

[Quote] the paranoid crime freaks

He’s not a paranoid crime freak. He’s a pre-programmed rightwing culture warrior.

Red state cities have the highest crime rates but all he does is megaphone crime in cities he doesn’t like because they’re liberal cities.

by Anonymousreply 315September 7, 2024 3:59 PM

from the anti-cycling freaks at the NY Times

Last year was the deadliest year for cyclists in New York City since 1999, according to new data from the city’s Department of Transportation. Most of the 30 cyclists who died in 2023 were riding electric bikes, which have proliferated on city streets in recent years. A total of 23 people died riding e-bikes, which is more than double the previous record for e-bike fatalities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316September 7, 2024 4:13 PM

Interesting article R316, this sounds promising.

[quote] Despite this uptick, the rate of cyclist fatalities and serious injuries as a share of all bike trips has been trending downward for many years, suggesting that riding a bicycle in New York City has become safer over the long term. As of 2022, the rate of deaths and severe injuries was about 16 per 10 million bike rides, according to the preliminary data — down from about 34 per 10 million rides a decade earlier.

by Anonymousreply 317September 7, 2024 4:25 PM

[quote]Red state cities have the highest crime rates but all he does is megaphone crime in cities he doesn’t like because they’re liberal cities.

Lots of us live in NYC, this is a NYC-centric board. How many DLers live in fucking Oklahoma?

The crime in NYC has risen remarkably in recent years, if you actually lived there you would know this and you would know we talk about it constantly.

by Anonymousreply 318September 7, 2024 5:06 PM

[quote]Red state cities have the highest crime rates

The cities are ALL governed by Dems.

Every last one of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319September 7, 2024 6:47 PM

[quote]Lots of us live in NYC, this is a NYC-centric board

LoL, r318, no it isn't. Bless your heart.

[quote]you would know we talk about it constantly

No, *you* talk about it constantly. How many posts do you have in this thread compared to others? Your righteous indignation isn't fooling anybody.

by Anonymousreply 320September 7, 2024 6:48 PM

r320 there are tons of NYers on this board. And NYers talk about crime in the city all the time. Just last night at dinner we had a big debate about it. I don't know where you live but you're certainly not in the NY area.

by Anonymousreply 321September 7, 2024 7:52 PM

[quote][R320] there are tons of NYers on this board

"Ton"s...LoL.

by Anonymousreply 322September 7, 2024 8:08 PM

r322 your bitterness is palpable.

by Anonymousreply 323September 7, 2024 8:10 PM

[quote]r323 = [R322] your bitterness is palpable.

*You're* the one with nothing but complaints.

by Anonymousreply 324September 7, 2024 8:13 PM

Another typical weekend in Chicago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325September 9, 2024 12:49 AM

Face it violent crime is still out of control

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326September 10, 2024 2:48 PM

So I guess the message the Obsessive Crime Queens want to convey is to never leave your home. The world is dangerous and violent and be scared of every situation.

by Anonymousreply 327September 10, 2024 7:12 PM

NYC announces 8 month decline in major crimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328September 10, 2024 7:18 PM

R327 Exactly!

by Anonymousreply 329September 10, 2024 7:29 PM

^ City Journal Aug 02 2023

"But we should take much of the rest of the city’s crime data with a pinch, if not a full shaker, of salt. Most New Yorkers would agree that street crime, arbitrary mayhem, and general hostility are all trending the wrong way. Compstat data may say that shoplifting is down—but if that’s true, why are so many stores locking away anything that can’t be nailed to the floor? And how many victims of muggings or “minor” assaults have simply decided that it’s not worth the bother of filing a police report, when the perpetrator, if he is even caught, will likely walk away with few consequences?"

by Anonymousreply 330September 10, 2024 7:29 PM

R330 Exactly! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

by Anonymousreply 331September 10, 2024 7:30 PM

People don't report crimes to the NYPD because of police apathy, not bail reform.

by Anonymousreply 332September 10, 2024 8:08 PM

R332 Have you ever talked to a cop and heard their side of the story? Better yet, talk to an ex-cop about why they quit. I have a number of times.

by Anonymousreply 333September 10, 2024 8:18 PM

I have more than a few relatives who are NYPD and ex NYPD. So yes, I have.

by Anonymousreply 334September 10, 2024 8:23 PM

It wasn't too long ago that Duane Reade stores on the UES didn't have everything locked up. The UES is now locked up FFS!

Tell us how crime is going down lol.

by Anonymousreply 335September 10, 2024 8:36 PM

If the feds would crack down on Facebook Marketplace, shoplifting would plummet. Facebook is the greatest Fence operation in the history of the world.

by Anonymousreply 336September 10, 2024 8:44 PM

You're not wrong r336

by Anonymousreply 337September 10, 2024 8:45 PM

Rape, robbery and assault are up year to date in NYC. R328 they will highlight what looks good to them using broad or tight time frames.

Check the data on your own

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338September 10, 2024 8:47 PM

Teens with guns

Police say surveillance video shows four suspects, all possibly teens, following the victim as he walked down the street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339September 10, 2024 9:48 PM

Seems like there is little time between violent crimes

In the first shooting, a 17-year-old boy was shot in the back on West 51st Street at about 6:55 p.m., police say

just before 8 p.m., a 25-year-old man was hit in the hand and an 18-year-old man was struck in the leg by gunfire on the Upper West Side in front of NYCHA’s Amsterdam Houses, authorities said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340September 11, 2024 4:03 AM

[quote]In the first shooting, a 17-year-old boy was shot in the back on West 51st Street at about 6:55 p.m., police say

And today no one bats an eyelash over an occurrence like this.

I lived in Hell's Kitchen in the 1970s and early 80s when crime numbers were high in Manhattan. But something like this would have been national news if it happened on West 51st street back then.

by Anonymousreply 341September 11, 2024 4:10 AM

[quote] Lots of us live in NYC, this is a NYC-centric board. How many DLers live in fucking Oklahoma?

Where are you from, originally?

by Anonymousreply 342September 11, 2024 2:07 PM

I look at R340's link and see an indication of a reasonably safe city. imperfect, sure, but mostly fine.

Not sure why the OCD Queens feel compelled to shit on NYC so much? Jealousy? Hatred that it's a multiethnic city that - mostly - gets along?

It's weird that it bothers her this much.

by Anonymousreply 343September 11, 2024 2:57 PM

Yes R343 I'm jealous. Now that you have your answer get on with your life! It's weird posters on DL bother you so much.

by Anonymousreply 344September 11, 2024 3:41 PM

If only i had life figured out like you do! Let me obsessively post news stories about how shitty it is to live wherever the fuck R344 lives. Then I'll be happy.

by Anonymousreply 345September 11, 2024 4:14 PM

So many people with guns!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346September 12, 2024 12:49 AM

Sounds like the wild west!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347September 12, 2024 12:53 AM

Police say two teenagers on a red scooter fired the shots, though it isn't clear why or at whom. They do believe that the older man was not a target.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348September 13, 2024 4:32 AM

People have had enough despite what the data suggests

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349September 15, 2024 5:54 PM

Despite its claims to live in NYC, that poor trump-brained cretin at r-344 currently resides on the Ignored Ward amidst its innumerable troll comments.

Everyone would be advised to contribute to its (and all similar trolls') presence there.

by Anonymousreply 350September 15, 2024 6:42 PM

Put down the crack pipe honey. btw I never claimed to live in NY.

by Anonymousreply 351September 15, 2024 7:34 PM

and I don't live in Chicago either crackhead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352September 15, 2024 7:35 PM

Victims are dropping not crime!

Timeline of Memphis shooting spree 12:56 a.m.: A male is found dead in a driveway. 4:38 p.m.: A male is found dead in his vehicle of multiple gunshot wounds. Video from a business showed a gray sedan pull up next to the victim before the shooting. 4:40 p.m.: A female is shot in the leg. She is hospitalized in non-critical condition. 5:59 pm.: The suspect shoots inside a store while broadcasting on Facebook Live. A male is hospitalized in critical condition with a gunshot wound. 6:12 p.m.: A person reports to police that the suspect was on Facebook Live and threatening to cause harm. 7 p.m.: Memphis police tweet an alert about a suspect "responsible for multiple shootings." 7:23 p.m.: A woman is found fatally shot. Police say the suspect took the victim's gray SUV and fled. 7:24 p.m. A male is found shot less than half a mile from the prior shooting. He is taken to a hospital in noncritical condition. 7:53 p.m.: The city of Memphis asks residents to stay home if they do not need to be out. 8:55 p.m.: A female is found fatally shot. 8:56 p.m.: Police in Southaven, Mississippi, respond to a carjacking where a Dodge Challenger was taken at gunpoint. The victim is uninjured. The suspect flees and leaves behind the gray SUV, police said. 8:58 p.m.: Officers see the Challenger on Interstate 55 and initiate a high-speed pursuit. Memphis police and Shelby County Sheriff's Office apprehend the suspect. 9:26 p.m.: Police tweet that the suspect is in custody. Source: Memphis Police Chief Cerelyn “CJ” Davis, Memphis Police Department Twitter, city of Memphis Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353September 15, 2024 7:48 PM

If you don't (and have never) lived in NY, then why the obsession with what is happening there?

To stick it to uppity new yorkers? To console yourself that, however bad your life is, at least you're not THERE?

Why?

by Anonymousreply 354September 15, 2024 7:55 PM

I'm not obsessed. No one is holding a gun to your head. You choose to go on this thread. WHY?

by Anonymousreply 355September 15, 2024 7:58 PM

NYC has a ton of crime. This isn't news. Why do some of you get so fucking upset over this? My friends and I always talk about it, lots of NYers talk about it and just shake our heads. We're not going to move, but it's quite concerning. I know a woman who got shoved on the Subway and a guy who got spit on and punched. It sucks, but that's life in NY.

by Anonymousreply 356September 15, 2024 8:00 PM

crime is dropping dramatically

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357September 15, 2024 8:04 PM

Not at my address. Crime is up. When I get mad I change the course of my life. When I get angry I change people’s lives forever

by Anonymousreply 358September 15, 2024 8:45 PM

'More gun insanity'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359September 16, 2024 6:48 AM

[quote]I'm not obsessed.

Sure you aren't

by Anonymousreply 360September 17, 2024 10:15 AM

Open season on the streets of NY

Officials say a wild chain of events led up to the deadly shooting and crash that injured a pedestrian.

Surveillance video shows a chaotic scene as shots rang out. A discrepancy between the groups takes place, and then they scattered across the block.

Police say the suspected shooter is between 16-years-old and 18-years-old and was with at least two other people at the time of the shooting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361September 17, 2024 4:14 PM

Chicago last weekend: 32 people shot. 2 killed.

Note the language used in the title of this CBSNews article, they use the word "hurt" rather than shot and wounded.

And see the last line of the article. It says everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362September 17, 2024 8:09 PM

No suspects in custody

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363September 18, 2024 12:57 AM

[Quote]You're so brave! The way you relentlessly post on anonymous internet formus!!! You're just like one of the girls who desegregated Little Rock High! Or Gandhi or Mandela!!!

I see you post anonymously as well girl

by Anonymousreply 364September 19, 2024 9:20 PM

[Quote] Yes, sweetie, there is crime.

No shit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365September 19, 2024 10:32 PM

News to me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366September 19, 2024 10:34 PM

Thanks for the tip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367September 19, 2024 10:36 PM

The population of Chicago seems to be dropping dramatically

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368September 22, 2024 5:14 PM

^ Birmingham is trying to keep up and doing a damn good job!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369September 22, 2024 6:14 PM

An American Crisis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370September 22, 2024 7:00 PM

This is an unreliable report. Several states have had technical glitches where there data was not being transferred to the FBI, so this report about crime lowering is missing a lot of data.

A more reliable source would be the National Crime Victims Survey. Violent crime is still up.

by Anonymousreply 371September 22, 2024 7:13 PM

The DOJ released a report last week. Jt showded crime was down this year vs 2023, but it still much higher than it was in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 372September 22, 2024 7:18 PM

Is seems that a lot of the places with bad crime are small cities

by Anonymousreply 373September 22, 2024 7:21 PM

Sure, Jan @ r371...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374September 22, 2024 7:29 PM

As this weekend comes to a close.....

At least 31 shot, 6 fatally, in Chicago shootings so far this weekend, police say.

Thirty one.

BTW: this article is dated: Sunday, September 22, 2024 9:35AM. So the figure will most likely be even higher by midnight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375September 23, 2024 12:54 AM

The next administration should set up a program to offer financial support to help people escape from Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 376September 23, 2024 1:07 AM

Why wait R376? Why doesn't the current administration do something about it now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377September 23, 2024 3:06 AM

I’ve lived in NYC for 30 years. Never witnessed a crime. A few bad things happen but compared to how many people live there, it’s very rare.

by Anonymousreply 378September 23, 2024 3:13 AM

[Quote] it’s very rare.

something that occurs daily can hardly be called rare R378

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379September 23, 2024 3:30 AM

stabbings seem frequent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380September 23, 2024 4:37 AM

It's rare that a day goes by without a shooting incident

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381September 23, 2024 4:46 AM

Anyone who lives in dumps like NYC or LA is a lunatic. These people have to convince themselves that they’re worth staying in. They have no clue about the rest of the country. I’ve lived in both. They’ve turned into complete hellholes. Austin is truly one of the best places to live right now.

by Anonymousreply 382September 23, 2024 7:54 AM

[Quote] I love the Klan Grannies who are too brain poisoned by fear mongering media to even go outside.

You don't even have to go outside to be a victim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383September 23, 2024 7:10 PM

Shootings are very common despite the fact that violent crime is dropping dramatically

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384September 23, 2024 7:14 PM

Cities have become like war zones

The prayer vigil was being held in the front yard of a residence on Saturday night for a man who had recently passed away. It was during the vigil when someone exited a Jeep and opened fire, police said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385September 23, 2024 7:19 PM

Violent crimes seem to occur much more frequently than I can ever remember before

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386September 23, 2024 7:23 PM

[Quote] I'm not sure what the obsessive Crime Queen's point is.

[Quote] Should we get rid of all the guns?

That won't stop violent crime. People kill not guns!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387September 23, 2024 9:49 PM

[quote]I'm not sure what the obsessive Crime Queen's point is.

That MAGA troll doesn't seem to understand that the presence of some crime doesn't mean crime is rampant. Here's what's actually going on nationally, from an article published today.

[quote]The most serious crimes went down significantly: Murder and non-negligent manslaughter were down an estimated 11.6% —[bold] the largest single year decline in two decades[/bold] — while rape decreased by an estimated 9.4%.

Thanks, Biden!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388September 24, 2024 5:06 AM

🥱🥱🥱🥱

by Anonymousreply 389September 24, 2024 5:34 AM

The preliminary data tracks violent crime in 69 major U.S. cities. The report does not include violent crime data from New York City, the largest U.S. city. The New York Police Department previously shared data that indicates that violent crime declined in the first quarter of the year compared to the same time period in 2023

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390September 24, 2024 5:42 AM

I feel safer

36 fewer people have been murdered since the start of the year compared to last year (242 vs. 278), which translates into a 12.9% decrease.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391September 24, 2024 5:54 AM

CHICAGO (WLS) -- The city of Chicago continues to grapple with gun violence, which impacts hundreds of people every year. As of July 7, 2024, there have been almost 1,200 total reported shootings in the city, according to the Chicago Police Department.

by Anonymousreply 392September 24, 2024 5:58 AM

If Rahm was still their mayor Chicago would be fine

by Anonymousreply 393September 24, 2024 2:24 PM

R197 is actually blackmussy nli, so it’s blackmussy telling teacake he’s not really black.

It’s just endless cosplaying with this creep. Imagine how much time he has on his hands.

If you look at his Twitter, he’s always alone. Well, no shock - ugly, rightwing, and gay.

by Anonymousreply 394September 24, 2024 2:30 PM

[quote] Violent crimes seem to occur much more frequently than I can ever remember before

Well if you spend all day every day looking for dramatic crimes all over the internet, it's going to seem that way. That is why statistics can be a useful corrective to your neurotic hobby.

by Anonymousreply 395September 24, 2024 2:40 PM

[Quote] Put down the crack pipe honey. btw I never claimed to live in NY.

Sure you have, Defacto, using one of your black cosplays. See, the problem with being a pathological liar is keeping track of all the lies.

So I just checked and, using this IP alone, you’ve posted 115 of the posts in this thread. Probably more using your numerous other sock puppets.

This is what Defacto seems to spend all his time doing — certainly not having a social life! It’s classic agitprop, and intended to split some gay voters away from voting Democratic.

•I just posted a story about black crime. That proves blacks are violent and democrats coddle them.

•I just posted a story about a crime. That proves crime is high despite statistics to the contrary. Democrats are to blame.

•I just posted another story about a crime, so crime has gone up!

•I just posted a story about a crime in New York City. That proves places run by democrats have high crime.

Now I’ll swap out my IP and post as a black person. I’ll fill my post with spelling and grammatical errors because blacks are illiterate. I’ll lowkey shade democrats and say Trump is actually kind of appealing. But I consume so much rightwing media, I’ll slip up and call democrats “dems” by accident.

I clearly have a do-nothing job, because I do this virtually 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 396September 24, 2024 2:50 PM

Oh look another stabbing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397September 24, 2024 3:28 PM

Oh look. Another dickhead crime queen combing websites for shocking!!! shocking, I tell you, news stories of murder and mayhem.

Get a fucking life, twat.

by Anonymousreply 398September 24, 2024 3:49 PM

Crime is higher in fat-nose’s Pittsburgh but he can’t troll with the truth.

We see his bullshit and he doesn’t even care. He’s like a bot with a pulse and an ugly face. He just keeps doing it. He’s a retard. Been breathing gasoline too long on the job.

by Anonymousreply 399September 24, 2024 3:51 PM

The ugly truth.

NYPD crime stats show that as of Sept. 8 compared to the same period in 2023, robberies have soared more than 90% and felony assaults jumped nearly 73% in the Manhattan’s Midtown North Precinct — which covers tourist magnets like Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Plaza, the Theater District and St. Patrick’s Cathedral.

Burglaries also jumped 58%, while the precinct has handled three murders — one more than last year over the same span — and two more rapes, from seven last year to nine this year.

by Anonymousreply 400September 24, 2024 3:54 PM

R399 Don't forget us. We're a major city with more than twice the population of Pittsburgh

Homicides in Seattle still far higher than before the pandemic, report says

Aug. 13, 2024 at 6:00 am Updated Aug. 13, 2024 at 6:00 am-The Seattle Times

by Anonymousreply 401September 24, 2024 4:30 PM

[Quote] Crime is higher in fat-nose’s Pittsburgh but he can’t troll with the truth

And don't forget Seattle. R399 We.re a major city with more than twice the population of Pittsburgh

.Homicides in Seattle still far higher than before the pandemic, report says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402September 24, 2024 4:34 PM

It's almost as if the Supreme Court's radical undermining of every gun control law all over the country has an effect!!!

by Anonymousreply 403September 24, 2024 4:55 PM

Yet the subject of the thread says violent crime is dropping dramatically R403

[Quote] [I have more than a few relatives who are NYPD and ex NYPD

What do your relatives think about this, Jan?

by Anonymousreply 404September 24, 2024 5:43 PM

We need SOME violent crime. Thugs throw some mean fucks. Sorry not sorry. Pointless bitchery people.

by Anonymousreply 405September 24, 2024 5:51 PM

Tons of crime in violent Pittsburgh!

Not mentioned in these threads at all, because it doesn’t serve the narrative of a shunned, alone rightwing gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406September 24, 2024 5:54 PM

Well, what do you know? Pittsburgh, with a higher crime rate than libtard Seattle, and a MUCH higher crime rate than ultra libtard New York!!!

Why on earth isn’t the libtard crime troll posting about Pittsburgh??? ❓🤔❓

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407September 24, 2024 5:59 PM

But the ultimate terror of Pittsburgh isn’t the insanely high crime rate, it’s the risk of seeing this monstrosity!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408September 24, 2024 6:04 PM

Is that a morgue corpse?

by Anonymousreply 409September 24, 2024 6:05 PM

R407 Meet the Mayor Ed Gainy (D)

In November 2021, Gainey became the first African-American to become the mayor of Pittsburgh and assumed office on January 3, 2022

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410September 24, 2024 6:24 PM

R406-R409 get well!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411September 24, 2024 7:21 PM

American cities have an alarmingly, disturbingly high rate of violence compared to the rest of the civilized world. It is shocking how violent the US is.

by Anonymousreply 412September 24, 2024 8:43 PM

R412 Blacks.

by Anonymousreply 413September 24, 2024 8:44 PM

R413 Sounds like you've been reading the FBI statistics.

by Anonymousreply 414September 24, 2024 9:11 PM

R414 I don’t read bitch. It’s a bunch of liberal lies in books and stuff.

by Anonymousreply 415September 24, 2024 9:12 PM

R410 nicely confirms the “blacks are inherently evil” vibe of his posts, doesn’t it?

It’s almost too easy.

Like Pittsburgh was a crime-free paradise before the black mayor was elected.

These racist rightwingers live in such an echo chamber, he thinks that showing that the mayor is now black just means “case closed.”

by Anonymousreply 416September 24, 2024 9:48 PM

What a burn that was at r411, Defacto. Check and mate! Can a photo of Judy Garland be far away? Here, I’ll save you the trouble. This will give you more time to plan next weekends lonely and unloved expedition to distract you from the void your life is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417September 24, 2024 9:50 PM

[Quote] Tons of crime in violent Pittsburgh!

[Quote] Not mentioned in these threads at all, because it doesn’t serve the narrative of a shunned, alone rightwing gay.

Well R416 it was you who took time out of your busy life to rant about Pittsburgh after all

[Quote] Well, what do you know? Pittsburgh, with a higher crime rate than libtard Seattle, and a MUCH higher crime rate than ultra libtard New York!!!

[Quote] Why on earth isn’t the libtard crime troll posting about Pittsburgh??? ❓🤔❓

You asked for it trollina!

by Anonymousreply 418September 24, 2024 10:49 PM

[Quote] Like Pittsburgh was a crime-free paradise before the black mayor was elected.

But wasn't it you who linked this article R416?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419September 24, 2024 11:08 PM

It’s rare compared to how many people live there. You have a much better chance of winning the lottery than being a victim of crime in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 420September 24, 2024 11:25 PM

R420 you really, really don't get it.

High crime creates a sense of fear. Of paranoia. Of suspicion. It's a quality of life issue. You might give up on taking the subway or going for a walk after a certain hour. Women, old people are particularly affected. A rise in car jacking might mean you now choose to seek out parking garages instead of the street.

Look, I could go on. I have never experienced crime here in Philadelphia, nor have I ever experienced crime in Milan. But I feel much freer walking around Milan at night than I do Philly. As I said: it's a quality of life issue.

by Anonymousreply 421September 24, 2024 11:42 PM

No need for background checks or permits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422September 25, 2024 12:59 AM

they want the gun not the car

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423September 25, 2024 1:03 AM

R421 I agree. The number of random assaults in all neighborhoods have people on edge.

"A random act of craziness. It was not against me, personally. It was I happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time," Freeman said.

Freeman said the attack left her with bruises, a broken nose and memory loss

.Just hours before Freeman was attacked, police say a 77-year-old woman was also attacked nearby on West 72nd Street between Columbus Ave. and Central Park West. She was punched in the left eye and suffered minor injuries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424September 25, 2024 1:15 AM

It depends on the neighborhood. In some like Bedford Stuyvesant, there is a 1 in 36 chance of being a victim of crime. Which lottery has those odds R420?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425September 25, 2024 3:32 AM

One can only assume (since he lacks the courage to actually say it) is that DeFacto's point in doing all this is to say that liberals are shit and their policies are shit and that they let the blacks run riot by giving them all those "rights."

Ok - where is his ideal society? As best as I can tell, it's an all-white, Republican-led small city/big town. It's basically Hialeah Florida.

by Anonymousreply 426September 25, 2024 6:21 PM

American cities aren't led by white people, though.

by Anonymousreply 427September 25, 2024 6:24 PM

Exactly, I'm going to assume if you really can never feel safe in a city with a substantial black population, much less a black leadership, the East Coast may not be for you. Maybe try Idaho? Yeah it's neo Nazis and assorted gun nuts, but overwhelmingly white!

by Anonymousreply 428September 25, 2024 6:26 PM

If he can afford the wealthy parts of Alabama or Mississippi, it's completely white there!

by Anonymousreply 429September 25, 2024 6:35 PM

R427 Depends on the city.

by Anonymousreply 430September 25, 2024 6:36 PM

R429 no it’s not.

You think those lazy-ass crackers know how to make a bed or wash the floor?

by Anonymousreply 431September 25, 2024 6:52 PM

r424 Legislatures need to just add a "street justice" clause for certain violent crimes. Any violence committed against vulnerable demographics such as children, the elderly, and the physically or mentally handicapped should be able to resolved with getting jumped by "my cousin n' dem." No need for law enforcement or the courts. Just save the taxpayers money, and allow these people to be jumped.

Either that or people are just going to have to start walking around with razors in their mouths like back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 432September 25, 2024 6:55 PM

Has Keanu Reeves commented?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433September 25, 2024 7:31 PM

R433 It should have been him.

by Anonymousreply 434September 25, 2024 7:34 PM

another teen is shot in NY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435September 25, 2024 8:10 PM

20 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S.: Latest Crime Statistics Revealed

By

Liz Flynn

Posted on September 2, 2024

R426 I don't assume, All but 3 of the top 20 most dangerous cities listed are run by Democrats. Put that in you crack pipe and smoke it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436September 25, 2024 8:50 PM

R246 ^^^ that's do the math not the meth!😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

This marks the second shooting at that McDonald's in less than a week. The previous incident was Friday morning; Memphis Police arrested Rodolfo Giron in that shooting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437September 25, 2024 8:59 PM

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

17-year-old shot and killed by 51-year-old, marking the 100th homicide in Milwaukee this year, according to police

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438September 25, 2024 9:02 PM

(^.^) Make that 101

Milwaukee Police Investigate Fatal Shooting of Man Near 27th and Wisconsin as Suspect Remains At Large

By Lyndsey Parker Published on September 25, 2024

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439September 25, 2024 9:04 PM

Flee the cities r438. They are clearly not for you, or any place you should go near, much less live in.

by Anonymousreply 440September 25, 2024 9:05 PM

Who are they for R440?

by Anonymousreply 441September 25, 2024 9:07 PM

Evil people r441. LIEBERALS!!!! The Ungodly! The people who don't live in a constant state of panic about the dark menace. You seem like you'd be happier in an Idaho compound. You should probably live there.

by Anonymousreply 442September 25, 2024 9:09 PM

R442 right 😂. You’re awesome btw.

by Anonymousreply 443September 25, 2024 9:10 PM

R442 and don't forget cities are a haven for criminals as well. It's a playground to them!

by Anonymousreply 444September 25, 2024 9:13 PM

[Quote] The people who don't live in a constant state of panic about the dark menace. You seem like you'd be happier in an Idaho compound. You should probably live there.

and cyclists

The NYPD says crimes in New York City involving e-bikes and scooters have increased significantly over the last several years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445September 25, 2024 9:17 PM

Omg 😱 who would have ever thought there would be crime in a capitalist society?

by Anonymousreply 446September 25, 2024 9:19 PM

[Quote] Flee the cities [R438]. They are clearly not for you, or any place you should go near, much less live in

we have been. R440 Try and keep up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447September 25, 2024 9:22 PM

[quote]Flee the cities [R438]. They are clearly not for you, or any place you should go near, much less live in.

I love cities.

It's just that the US has a problem others don't have...

Rome: `0.7 homicides per 100,000 (population 2.873 million)

Philadelphia: 34.1 homicides per 100,000 (population 1.567 million)

by Anonymousreply 448September 25, 2024 9:26 PM

Cool r447. Sounds like the problem is solving itself! Wonderful. People who hate living in cities as they are (not fantasy cities) get to not live in them. Great.

Yes, I agree r448, and I know that the racist on this thread wants to make it all about the darkies. I believe it's much more about the guns. We are fucking ridiculous gun nuts in this country, and I don't have an easy answer for that. And actually, of course, that transcends cities. Mississippi has the highest gun violence rate in the country, but as long as it intends to do jackshit about guns ever, it will remain a high crime-high violence state, by choice.

by Anonymousreply 449September 25, 2024 9:36 PM

[Quote] and I know that the racist on this thread wants to make it all about the darkies

R449 Tell us you've been in a coma for the last 60 years without telling us

by Anonymousreply 450September 25, 2024 9:45 PM

Oh well, white people shouldn’t have enslaved us for 400 years and then continued to terrorized and pillage our communities for another 100 years after slavery.

by Anonymousreply 451September 25, 2024 9:47 PM

R449 It's cultural. The FBI statistics are clear about who is doing what.

by Anonymousreply 452September 25, 2024 9:49 PM

[quote]Oh well, white people shouldn’t have enslaved us for 400 years and then continued to terrorized and pillage our communities for another 100 years after slavery.

Dumb excuses help no one.

by Anonymousreply 453September 25, 2024 9:51 PM

R453 I was trying to explain away why black Americans commit a disproportionate amount of the violent crime in our cities. That is why. I actually used to volunteer at a youth care center. I have tried to do my part over the years. One thing for sure babies need to stop having babies.

by Anonymousreply 454September 25, 2024 9:56 PM

another day another violent unprovoked attack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455September 25, 2024 10:18 PM

[quote] It's just that the US has a problem others don't have... Rome: `0.7 homicides per 100,000 (population 2.873 million). Philadelphia: 34.1 homicides per 100,000 (population 1.567 million)

That’s something that doesn’t get mentioned enough, that the American population is innately far more violent than other Western countries. It’s why it’s impossible for the gun legislation in foreign countries to have the same effect in the U.S. People in other Western countries have far less desire and drive to kill other people.

by Anonymousreply 456September 25, 2024 10:24 PM

Two brutes — including one who was busted for a separate assault last month — beat a longtime Bronx fruit vendor and father of three to death with a baseball bat in a “cold-hearted,” unprovoked attack earlier this month, cops and sources said.

[Quote] You seem like you'd be happier in an Idaho compound. You should probably live there.

R442 thankfully there ae many more choices between this and an Idaho compound. It's not either/or

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457September 26, 2024 12:30 AM

so much for the 'law and order' candidate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458September 26, 2024 1:30 AM

Guns, baseball bats, knives, machetes, punches and ceramic plates!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459September 26, 2024 4:48 AM

[quote]so much for the 'law and order' candidate

Dumb New Yorkers had the opportunity to do something smart by electing Andrew Yang instead.

by Anonymousreply 460September 26, 2024 4:57 AM

Just checked and 31% of all replies in this thread belong to the Crime Queen.

DL is a magical place.

by Anonymousreply 461September 26, 2024 6:10 AM

[Quote] DL is a magical place.

Too bad the same cannot be said for NY

A pair of teen boys were shot Wednesday in broad daylight near a Brooklyn school, cops said — only a day after a 15-year-old student was blasted outside his high school less than a mile away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462September 26, 2024 5:37 PM

Why is it almost always blacks who do this in NYC? Serious question. Staten Island is full of white trash but they're not blowing each others' heads off every five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 463September 26, 2024 6:41 PM

I know violent crime is down, but it seems a teen being a victim of violent crime is a daily event in the Big Apple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464September 28, 2024 4:09 PM

[quote]I know violent crime is down

Violent crime is still exceedingly high.

by Anonymousreply 465September 28, 2024 4:46 PM

See I walk around NYC all the time and somehow mobs of black teens have never been violent to me.

I must be the only white person in NYC who's escaped the crime wave!!!!

I assume the Crime Panic Queens will be demanding answers from the NYPD!!!

by Anonymousreply 466September 30, 2024 4:04 PM

Does the over reactive Mary @ R466 assume those 'mobs of black teens' are after white people?

by Anonymousreply 467September 30, 2024 5:25 PM

FYI R466 Many victims of violent crimes are not white

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468September 30, 2024 5:44 PM

The incident happened on 11th Avenue near 33rd Street around 10:30 a.m. on September 18. Singh, who is originally from India, came here with his wife and two children 15 years ago for a better life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469October 1, 2024 5:36 AM

Bullets rang out shortly before 2 p.m. Sunday along East 182nd Street on the western edge of the zoo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470October 1, 2024 5:39 AM

A shooting in Brooklyn on Monday left one man dead and two others wounded, police said.-NY Daily

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471October 1, 2024 5:44 AM

More subway violence and another victim of a random unprovoked attack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472October 2, 2024 10:54 PM

Another day another fatal shooting on the street

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473October 2, 2024 10:57 PM

The post at R472 is a good example of how things have changed.

I lived in NYC through the 1970s and early 1980s. Even during that era of high crime, the story at R472 would have been front page news on all the papers. Now an incident like that hardly makes a ripple.

by Anonymousreply 474October 3, 2024 12:23 AM

Hey, I tried.

by Anonymousreply 475October 3, 2024 12:30 AM

Police responded to a 911 call at Flushing Ave. and Garden St., near Garden Playground in Bushwick, around 10:33 a.m., finding two injured men outside a building. A 59-year-old man slashed in the neck was transported to Elmhurst Hospital Center; a 28-year-old man slashed in the right thigh was taken to Woodhull Hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476October 3, 2024 3:49 AM

Same old same old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477October 3, 2024 9:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!