Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“She Drinks a Little”- 1981 ABC Afterschool Special

This one is about a teenage girl in denial that her mother is an alcoholic. Another episode that stuck with me as a child and I remember. I wanted to see if it was online so I could rewatch it. The CBS and ABC after school specials were both so good. I loved them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2024 5:29 AM

You left out the most important for these old queens, OP—it stars DL VILLAINESS BARBARA THORNDYKE!

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2024 2:16 AM

Face it, OP is limited

by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2024 2:20 AM

R1 yes! It does!! DL Icon Barbara Thorndyke is the alcoholic mother

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2024 2:21 AM

The daughter looks like Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2024 2:21 AM

And they have a Follies poster in their hallway!?! LOL this is Data Lounge heaven!!!

by Anonymousreply 5August 12, 2024 2:29 AM

The daughter is Amanda Wyss, most known as Freddy Krueger’s first victim Tina in the original A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2024 2:47 AM

Was this one of the Inspirations for Strangers With Candy?

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2024 2:48 AM

[quote]The daughter looks like Donald Trump

How dare you. Amanda is totally anti-Trump on her Twitter feed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2024 2:51 AM

How is it different from FRANCESCA, BABY?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2024 5:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!