Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How did Dean Corrl get by with so much rape, torture, and murder of young men and teenage boys

The guys getting murdered weren’t gay. So I can’t see the indifference to gay deaths coming into play. Were cops just aloof to so many disappearances? Could no one connect the dots? Where was the media?

“He was an American serial killer and sex offender who abducted, raped, tortured, and murdered a minimum of twenty-eight teenage boys and young men between 1970 and 1973 in Houston and Pasadena, Texas. He was aided by two teenaged accomplices, David Owen Brooks and Elmer Wayne Henley. The crimes, which became known as the Houston Mass Murders, came to light after Henley fatally shot Corll. Upon discovery, the case was considered the worst example of serial murder in United States history.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2024 1:10 AM

Because they were poor kids and the police didn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2024 11:23 PM

Aloof?

by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2024 11:36 PM

I don't believe the police were ever actively looking at the missing youths as being connected or involving murder. This was 1970s Texas and later Pasadena, and this type of serial killer pattern was almost unprecedented. It's horrific to think of how those poor boys were tortured and murdered just as they were starting their lives. Report of missing persons should always be taken very seriously and considered a very time sensitive situation. I do remember reading about this story when I was a teen, I think in Reader's Digest, and it really did creep me out.

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2024 11:50 PM

The police dismissed the disappearances as the boys having run away. We really didn't know then what we know now about serial killers.

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2024 1:00 AM

[quote]How did Dean Corrl get by with so much rape, torture, and murder of young men and teenage boys

Luck, commitment, native talent and a clean-up plan.

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2024 1:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!