Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kamala - "I'm Speaking!"

The VP has a way of moving into "Blackspeak" during her appearances.

A (Black) UC Berkeley linguist analyzes Kamala's speech patterns...

When she talks about things like the economy or gun control or the climate, she uses a more typical, average white politician style, in terms of her tone. It is very interesting. And in this situation, it’s not a function of talking to different audiences, because she’s just in the same debate. It’s really what she’s talking about.

She has this very occasional strategic use of casual features that are, for white Americans, just seen as really casual, but can also be what we call “camouflaged features of African American English.” This is my favorite thing. African American English is stigmatized. People call it “bad English.” They say it’s “improper.” All of this kind of stuff. But as a result, middle class and upper middle class Black people have found a way to kind of index their Blackness — highlight this part of their identities — without getting chastised for using “bad grammar.”

My favorite quote from her is from Oct. 15th, 2019, in the fourth primary debate. She said, “This is a crisis of Donald Trump’s making, and it is on a long list of crises of Donald Trump’s making. And that’s why dude gotta go.”

When she has these strong zingers, particularly against Trump, they tend to go viral.

“Dude. Gotta. Go.” Not “Dude’s gotta go.” No. For a while, her primary campaign was selling T-shirts that said, “Dude gotta go.” It became a catchphrase. When I say that she’s doing this as part of a stylistic performance, that’s what I mean. Maybe it wasn’t premeditated. She didn’t think about it ahead of time. But that became a zinger, a one-liner. And when she has these strong zingers, particularly against Trump, they tend to go viral.

The last one is with “I’ma,” which is actually the most distinctively African American of these features. She says, “Cause I’ma tell you as a prosecutor” and “I’ma tell you what I saw.”

by Anonymousreply 143August 17, 2024 12:52 PM

She is a brilliant speaker, all the more so because she can do it spontaneously and with great power. As long as she doesn't say "ax" for ask, I'M WITH HER.

by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2024 8:31 PM

I would estimate about 80% of educated black Americans code switch in a non premeditated way. It is just what happens when you grow up knowing how to speak in two styles. I will say though most black West Indians from New York City do not code switch unless they are just speaking a slang word or in the dialect or accent of their ancestral Caribbean island.

by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2024 8:31 PM

Yeah, “I’m speaking” isn’t “black speak.

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2024 8:33 PM

My dad codeswitched when he visited his family in the country over Christmas.

Or perhaps more accurately he codeswitched when consulting his patients in private practice. There was far less swearing.

by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2024 8:43 PM

"SAY IT TO MY FACE!"

by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2024 8:44 PM

Blacks do not say, "dude," ever.

by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2024 8:52 PM

No matter her code or hood or color, she must not go down the trap of condescension, especially when confronted by the opposing side.

She showed a taste of it when answering a reporter's question yesterday about her lack of interviews. Like, "can't you see I'm busy, get away..." Or, I'll do one when I'm damn ready".

Just politely answer the question.

by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2024 9:00 PM

Yeah. “I’m speaking” reads more “woman who ain’t taking no shit” than Black.

I think it’s effective. Especially with the stare. It offsets any bias that women are too weak to be President.

by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2024 9:00 PM

As long as she don't use Ebonics, I'm fine with it.

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2024 9:01 PM

R6 This isn’t 1976. Black people under 40 say dude all the time.

by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2024 9:02 PM

As a hs teacher, no. They laugh when I say it.

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2024 9:04 PM

[quote]Yeah. “I’m speaking” reads more “woman who ain’t taking no shit” than Black.

"I'm speaking" is obv not "blackspeak" or "code switching" That's just the title of the post and something she's known for saying..

by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2024 9:04 PM

Doesn't everyone slip into patois occasionally?

"Blah blah blah, y'all."

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2024 9:07 PM

R13. You are BAE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2024 9:09 PM

[quote] The VP has a way of moving into "Blackspeak" during her appearances.

Infamously, so did Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2024 9:26 PM

Obama was very effective doing the same thing. Good, she's smart enough to know what works

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2024 9:30 PM

r7, her reply to that reporter was absolutely polite. Don't know what you're going on about...

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2024 9:37 PM

you didn't need to go all the way to U.C. Berkley. I could have told you. It's not who we talk to it's what we talk about.

by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2024 9:37 PM

Kamala and Obama have nothing to do with Black American community. Obama was raised by his white mother and grandparents, Kamala by an Indian mother. Their black/mixed race fathers have nothing to do with America, one was fron Kenya, the other from Jamaica. So, it is just politicians being fake and sleazy.

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2024 9:38 PM

There is always some cunt that has to derail discussions like this with played out corny stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2024 9:39 PM

Kamala went to Howard University and proudly joined an all-Black sorority there. Doesn't get Blacker than that, r19.

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2024 9:41 PM

R19 But they both grew up in the states and therefore were socialized as black. You lose. My mom is not AA. I grew up in DC attending black elementary schools. One of my best friends mom was white and he was blacker and hooder than me lol.

by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2024 9:41 PM

Everyting gwarn be iree, man.

by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2024 9:44 PM

Nope, Obama grew up in Indonesia and Hawaii, withiut any black people around him. Kamala was raised in Canada, her parents divorced and had no connections to blacks. By the time you get to college you already have fully formed accent.

by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2024 9:46 PM

Plus it blatantly disregards the history of how blacks are socialized. Mixed race black people have always been put on a pedestal just like blondes in white culture. They are still black and are treated as black by the law and banking institutions, everything and usually grew up in black neighborhood. Think of all the famed mixed race black people in old show business. Lena Horne, Harry Belafonte. They grew up in black circles and are still black. Kamala grew up in black ass Oakland. Obama actually did grow up mostly around white people though.

by Anonymousreply 25August 9, 2024 9:46 PM

Kamala spent 5 years in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 26August 9, 2024 9:48 PM

Kamala moved from Oakland to Canada as a kid. Her accent is fake, just like Hillary's.

by Anonymousreply 27August 9, 2024 9:48 PM

You all speak from your ass

by Anonymousreply 28August 9, 2024 9:49 PM

R26 your point? She mostly lived in Oakland growing up. If none of these people weren’t famous they would be regular, educated lightskin black people. Fkin liars.

by Anonymousreply 29August 9, 2024 9:49 PM

Ain’t nobody more mafuckin hooder than Kamabla

by Anonymousreply 30August 9, 2024 9:50 PM

R29 Even if she move from Oakland at the mafuckin age of 9. In the words of Hillary Clinton:

What difference does it make?

by Anonymousreply 31August 9, 2024 9:51 PM

She worked at Mc Donalds and she went to Howard and she is a soror in the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.Go fuck yaself.

by Anonymousreply 32August 9, 2024 9:52 PM

Kamala has a very little percentage of black African DNA. Her mother is fully Indian and her father is mixed Irish, Indian and black African. She is probably less than 25% black. Plus raised in a family of educated immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 33August 9, 2024 9:54 PM

Are there no Black people in Canada?

by Anonymousreply 34August 9, 2024 9:54 PM

The same way white Anglo Saxon Protestants claim all type of exotical and sophisticated white people we gon claim world traveled Obama and Harris. White people do not own sophistication and cultured. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 35August 9, 2024 9:55 PM

3, r34.

by Anonymousreply 36August 9, 2024 9:57 PM

Both Obama and Harris have nothing with black Americans. As I mentioned their black parents (who they didn't grow up with) were African and Jamaican

by Anonymousreply 37August 9, 2024 9:58 PM

The thread brims of racism

by Anonymousreply 38August 9, 2024 9:58 PM

Jesus, here we go again, dissecting a candidate's racial identity and coding so she can be torn apart. You're all incredibly tiresome and predictable. Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 39August 9, 2024 9:59 PM

R36 That’s a lie. Like America there huge areas of Canada with very little black people. But it’s major cities, like Toronto have blacks. They usually are black of West Indian descent. I think 90% of Canadian blacks originate from the Caribbean. R&B singer Tamia, who Kamala kinda favors to me, is black and grew up in the projects in Canada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 9, 2024 10:00 PM

Are you stupid R38? Retarded?

by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2024 10:00 PM

You can’t fix bipolar ignorance

by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2024 10:01 PM

Ain’t nobody gonna tell me that Kamala can’t code switch when I do it myself. Mama didn’t raise no hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 43August 9, 2024 10:01 PM

I'd actually say "dude" is from Cali and an almost 50 year old movie.

by Anonymousreply 44August 9, 2024 10:02 PM

Kamala chameleon

by Anonymousreply 45August 9, 2024 10:03 PM

Gays.

by Anonymousreply 46August 9, 2024 10:03 PM

Yall let’s let the troll to talk to itself and then we will return.

by Anonymousreply 47August 9, 2024 10:04 PM

R29, that was my point. She wasn't raised in Canada, she only spent 5 of her teen years there .

by Anonymousreply 48August 9, 2024 10:05 PM

But how does she font, that’s the real mafuckin question.

by Anonymousreply 49August 9, 2024 10:07 PM

R19, Do you not realize that in America, if one looks Black, one is regarded and treated by Whites AS Black? They don't ask your genealogy.

One of the greatest books on American culture that should be, with "The Autobiography of Malcolm X," required public school reading:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 9, 2024 10:19 PM

Looking black doesn't alter your accent.

by Anonymousreply 51August 9, 2024 10:22 PM

R34, Canada is on the continent.

by Anonymousreply 52August 9, 2024 10:24 PM

R2, I believe the entire point is that it’s not code switching. Code switching occurs when one is speaking to one person/group/audience as opposed to another. The author posits that Kamala uses different vernacular while engaging with the same person/group/audiemce.

by Anonymousreply 53August 9, 2024 10:25 PM

Some old white posters here seem to think she's uppity.

by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2024 10:28 PM

Fuck anyone who criticizes her speech when Dump rambles on incoherently spewing nonsense and lies.

by Anonymousreply 55August 9, 2024 10:29 PM

@r19, Not black enough for you? God, what do you people want? Let me guess, you're one of those Aryan types that think THIS is the master race

Pick anybody up at the family reunion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 9, 2024 10:30 PM

Kamala does indeed move into a more vernacular style of speech, depending on what she's talking about but, frankly, that's part of what makes her a powerful and relatable speaker. I don't see anything phony or dishonest about it.

by Anonymousreply 57August 9, 2024 10:32 PM

Maybe not, r51, but it sure makes Whites care enough to be bothered.

I'll tell ya what: Don't come to my area lest you be made uncomfortable by some Pennsylvania Dutch, say vunst naw!

by Anonymousreply 58August 9, 2024 10:34 PM

Glenn Greenwald tears Kamala to pieces, and fairly so. Her expression of barely contained rage and utter contempt while she was addressing the protesters is a true reflection of her character: intellectually limited, arrogant and nasty. If she behaves like this as a candidate, we can only imagine how tyrannical she is going to be when the Clintonite cadre manages to puppeteer her into the presidency.

And before anyone says anything, Donald Trump is just as bad, but the creatures that populate the Washington DC swamp dislike him because of his mercurial temperament and his lack of self-control, as well as the fact that he is not a career politician, but an "outsider" who has managed to rise to the presidency through a cult-of-personality phenomenon and media savviness, as well as Hillary Clinton's underperformance as a candidate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 9, 2024 10:35 PM

Kamala has been allowed to be more Black than Obama.

by Anonymousreply 60August 9, 2024 10:36 PM

Well then, Cedric on Big Brother is definitely a CodeSwitcher !!

by Anonymousreply 61August 9, 2024 10:37 PM

Glenn Greenwald? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 62August 9, 2024 10:40 PM

Does Glenn Greenwald ever NOT trash the Democrats while remaining "strangely silent" on Donald Trump?

by Anonymousreply 63August 9, 2024 10:40 PM

I follow a few left-of-center commentators, including the Bad Faith and Empire Files podcasts, and no Democratic candidate is ever progressive or good enough for them. It gets tired.

by Anonymousreply 64August 9, 2024 10:43 PM

Listen to Cori Bush's losing primary speech and you get where crazy angry black lady gets a bad rep.

Kamala can NOT even slightly veer into that lane. That's the concern here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 9, 2024 10:43 PM

R59's "mercurial temperament and...lack of self-control" translated:

"Insane ramblings, incoherent speech, violent (kill, bloodbath, war, attack, etc.) imagery, name-calling, and outright lies."

by Anonymousreply 66August 9, 2024 10:45 PM

Glenn Greenguts?... 🤮

by Anonymousreply 67August 9, 2024 10:46 PM

I noticed certain phrases I only hear black people use: "In this space", "I can speak to that" or "Can you speak to that", "I don't like the way he moves", etc.

by Anonymousreply 68August 9, 2024 10:48 PM

Don't most professional gay men code switch, too?

I know I don't speak the same way in a business meeting as I do with my (gay) friends.

by Anonymousreply 69August 9, 2024 10:50 PM

Kamala should use her French skills if she acquired any from her time in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 70August 9, 2024 10:50 PM

Everyone adjusts there speech to accommodate there audience. Ever notice how Trump talks like an idiot around MAGAts? Oh, wait, bad example, he really is an idiot

by Anonymousreply 71August 9, 2024 10:57 PM

When a politician alters their speech pattern it can be seen as phony or inauthentic. It certainly did when Hillary did it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 9, 2024 10:59 PM

It's not phony if you're just trying to communicate with different people. Hillary was upper-middle class, well-educated suburban Chicago. I doubt that would play well as first lady of Arkansas. She adjusted to them. When you expect people to adjust to you you're not going to make many friends

I don't see it any different than going to France and speaking French. It's what you should do

by Anonymousreply 73August 9, 2024 11:06 PM

R65 what’s crazy is that Cori Bush’s concession speech is not even crazy in the era of Trump. Yes she was fiery and bodied but she actually conceded. Trump has NEVER made a concession speech for the 2020 election. Never. Crickets from media. Cori didn’t have to call that brother a sellout though lol.

by Anonymousreply 74August 9, 2024 11:11 PM

This is such a classic U.S. moment, one that demonstrates how fucked up we are. For hundreds of years being even being partly Black was a crippling disadvantage. Now that acknowledging Black ancestry is acceptable suddenly that’s wrong too . . .

by Anonymousreply 75August 9, 2024 11:21 PM

Another takedown on Kamala Harris' dishonesty and the Democrat party's attempt to silence anyone who refuses to toe the DNC's pro-corporatist line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 10, 2024 2:46 AM

[quote]the Democrat party's

I’m gonna be constructive here: you should kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 77August 10, 2024 2:54 AM

Your trolling is flaccid, r76.

by Anonymousreply 78August 10, 2024 2:58 AM

R59 is a both sides troll that is constantly stuck in limbo. As it tries to walk both forward and backward at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 79August 10, 2024 4:01 AM

She be alrigh' as long as she don't eat lak a fiel' han' and gobble lak a hog.

by Anonymousreply 80August 10, 2024 2:29 PM

R76 = RFK, Jr.

Does anyone sentient believe the Republican Party is NOT "pro-corporatist"?!

by Anonymousreply 81August 12, 2024 5:10 AM

Frazier IS Kamala!

by Anonymousreply 82August 12, 2024 5:14 AM

Oops! Link for r82:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 12, 2024 5:15 AM

Oops, redux! "Frasier."

R80, I'll think about that tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 84August 12, 2024 5:25 AM

[quote] Kamala and Obama have nothing to do with Black American community.

Ridiculous.

That was a Black American family in the White House for eight years.

Obama has a Black wife and Black daughters.

He’s Black.

by Anonymousreply 85August 12, 2024 5:31 AM

When she says, “…and I am telling you, I’m not going,” that’s black speak.

by Anonymousreply 86August 12, 2024 5:34 AM

The Klan Grannies are about to lose their minds all over again.

by Anonymousreply 87August 12, 2024 5:38 AM

OP, all of Kamala's code switching and low key semiotics are deliberate. Not sure why you are wondering about "premeditated".

by Anonymousreply 88August 12, 2024 6:19 AM

R85 I was not denying Obama being black, or rather biracial, after all it is obvious. I just stated that his black father (who he hardly knew) is Kenyan and has nothing to do with black Americans, their culture and history. He is American from his white mother's side and he was raised by his wealthy white family. Marrying a black American woman and having children with her doesn't magically give him the lived experience and impact of being raised in that community, no more than JD Vance is Indian because he married an Indian woman.

by Anonymousreply 89August 12, 2024 11:25 AM

I adore her “I’m speaking.”

And I love Maya Rudolph’s impression of Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 90August 12, 2024 12:30 PM

I do too

by Anonymousreply 91August 12, 2024 12:55 PM

“A (Black) UC Berkeley linguist”

Next.

by Anonymousreply 92August 12, 2024 1:21 PM

Yeah, like a young white man in the 1970s was gonna change his name from Barry to Barck to establish his white upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 93August 12, 2024 2:01 PM

Barack, of course. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 94August 12, 2024 9:27 PM

Never said that he wanted to establish his white upbringing. He doesn't need to. It is what it is.You can't change it as you change the name.

I guess with the name he wanted to accentuate his Kenyan, African side, side which he never knew, cause father had left him as a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 95August 12, 2024 9:38 PM

Barry could have used Martin Luther Obama for all it matters. Another racist thread

by Anonymousreply 96August 12, 2024 10:59 PM

R89: from his memoir, I understand that he was considered a member the black community of Honolulu back then. Some of the black men were like surrogate dads.

by Anonymousreply 97August 12, 2024 11:04 PM

R89, what you said, and I quote, was that Barack Obama has nothing to do with the Black American communiry.

Which was a stupid fucking thing to say, considering his wife and his daughters are members of that very community. And that is even supposing that Obama himself is not a Black American. Which is a stupid and racist proposition on its face.

Fuck off, troll. You don't even deserve a response.

by Anonymousreply 98August 13, 2024 1:10 AM

I never hid my Blackness, and I succeeded triumphantly!

by Anonymousreply 99August 13, 2024 2:02 AM

I don't think it's a black accent. I think its more her Québécois French accent.

by Anonymousreply 100August 13, 2024 2:09 AM

R98 because his wife and daughters are members of African american community. Than Kardashians are African American too.

by Anonymousreply 101August 13, 2024 6:06 AM

Someone well said that Barrack Obama is a by-product of white privilege. His maternal family who did well, were successful, supported him and his education and gave him the opportunities, social and cultural background skills to become the president of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 102August 13, 2024 7:25 AM

She's just pretending to be black.

DJT

by Anonymousreply 103August 13, 2024 7:34 AM

Obama is a child of affluent upper class white liberal family from a brief relationship that Obama's mother had with a Kenyan student.

His grandmother Madelyn Dunham, who raised young Obama when he returned to Hawaii in 1971 while his mother stayed in Indonesia, was the first female vice president at the Bank of Hawaii in Honolulu.

Obama's mother, Ann Dunham Soetoro worked for the elitist Ford Foundation, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Bank Rakyat (the majority government-owned People's Bank of Indonesia), and the CIA-linked USAID.

by Anonymousreply 104August 13, 2024 8:43 AM

Obama's grandfather.

Stanley Dunham's distant cousins include six U.S. presidents - and another president who is Dunham's grandson: James Madison, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush, plus Barack Obama, his grandson. Through a common ancestor, Mareen Duvall, a wealthy Huguenot merchant who emigrated to Maryland in the 1650s, Dunham is related to former Vice-President Dick Cheney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 13, 2024 10:03 AM

Jesus christ, the trolls are tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 106August 13, 2024 10:18 AM

R106 when you have no arguments to counter the facts that Obama was raised in uber privileged and well connected white upper middle class environment (his estranged father was Kenyan elite too, graduated from Harvard and held high positions in Kenyan administration) just call people troll.

But, the fact is that he was sold to African Americans as one of their own, solely based on his skin color, is laughable.

I guess he technically may be African-American (African on his father side, American on his mother), but he is nothing more and nothing less than a member of white US elite.

by Anonymousreply 107August 13, 2024 10:45 AM

Funny how Obama just looks like darker version of his white grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 108August 13, 2024 10:47 AM

Indeed, r107.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 13, 2024 10:49 AM

Obama likes to play victim and to downplay his social status.

He said that he was the son of a man who herded goats as child, forgetting to say his father was sent to study at Harvard and have become high government official in Kenya.

He also like to portray his maternal family as some modest middle class working people, somehow omitting their family liaisons to American elite, outstanding careers his grandmother and mother had (which very few women had at the day) and the fact that his grandfather was a very wealthy man.

by Anonymousreply 110August 13, 2024 11:12 AM

Michelle is the bootstrapping working-class African American. Barry much less so, but he has the right to identify as black if he wants to, so he did.

by Anonymousreply 111August 13, 2024 2:06 PM

My God, you are daft. Of course he is biracial, but he was raised and is a part of an upper class white American family. And his father (he have met just once) is a part of Kenyan elite.

He attended expensive private schools, was waited by house servants ( partcularly in times when living with his stepfather), went to elite universities, hax every door opened for him once he got his degree etc.

by Anonymousreply 112August 13, 2024 3:25 PM

Goats be hard to herd, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 113August 13, 2024 3:42 PM

[quote]My God, you are daft. Of course he is biracial, but

There is no BUT about it. Republicans could not have been beaten with a Black Panther in 2008.

It took an old white PROGRESSIVE to beat Republicans in 2020 after the old, white woman was a bridge too far.

Kamala has all Joe's beliefs, but is a LIKEABLE Black woman.

People TRUST Kamala.

Donald will never have that.

by Anonymousreply 114August 13, 2024 7:51 PM

It should have been written that Obama didn't care about the black community until he ran for office. Same with Kamala. As soon as she made it she was done with gobbling black cock.

by Anonymousreply 115August 13, 2024 7:52 PM

Really, is that why she went to a HBCU? Why she is a beloved member of a Howard Black Sorority?

Stop being an asshole cunt troll, r115.

Stop shitting out yo mouth.

by Anonymousreply 116August 13, 2024 7:56 PM

R107, there’s no “technically” being Black. Wealth and privilege do not = “whiteness.” That’s all crazy nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 117August 13, 2024 8:05 PM

R117 wealth and privilege of an affluent, well connected white family=whiteness

by Anonymousreply 118August 13, 2024 9:28 PM

R118 is racist without saying he's racist.

by Anonymousreply 119August 13, 2024 10:54 PM

HBCU's are easy to get into. Top colleges, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 120August 14, 2024 12:37 AM

R120 you dumb fuck. Howard University is not easy for a black person to get into. It was probably easier in the 80s but it’s not easy. I got a full scholarship there. I should have went.

by Anonymousreply 121August 14, 2024 12:40 AM

Yes you should have.

by Anonymousreply 122August 14, 2024 12:45 AM

R121, you proved my point, jeesh. "I should have went there."

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 123August 14, 2024 12:57 AM

Howard University has a 53 percent acceptance rate.

by Anonymousreply 124August 14, 2024 12:59 AM

R123 oh dear me bitch. I don’t give a fuck. 😆 I’m in a nasty mood this week.

by Anonymousreply 125August 14, 2024 1:19 AM

I've noticed she says "Ima" in most of her speeches, and it drives me crazy. She's too smart and polished for this.

She has to steal "Claiming my time!" from Maxine Waters and make it her own.

by Anonymousreply 126August 14, 2024 2:20 AM

R126 oh well. Small potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 127August 14, 2024 2:21 AM

R119 stop prostituting the word racist, like you were proatituting yourself. This world has lost any meaning because of idiots like you. Learn to use arguments.

by Anonymousreply 128August 14, 2024 5:02 AM

I just had a conversation , ok argument wit ha MAGA relative, and one of the things the said about Kamala is the way she speaks. They said she talks in circles and is hard to understand. Odd since Trump talks in even bigger circles and babble. Anyways, that's how MAGA sees it anyways. They are trying to turn Trumps poor communication BS into being Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 129August 14, 2024 6:37 AM

[quote]stop prostituting the word racist

r128, arguments do not work on racists. Racists are used to coded speech of the Plantation South.

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 130August 14, 2024 7:32 AM

Go cumdumping, cause this is what you do best R130.

by Anonymousreply 131August 14, 2024 7:43 AM

No, what I do best, is point out ridiculous Trump Trolls.

by Anonymousreply 132August 14, 2024 8:14 AM

But you are pretty good in cumdumping too?

by Anonymousreply 133August 14, 2024 8:23 AM

r133, taking or giving, wait, wait, I get leg and foot cramps.

Well past my gang bang/cum dumping stage.

I consider DataLounge a gang bang at times. Intellectual.

by Anonymousreply 134August 14, 2024 1:36 PM

And that's how to end an interesting thread.

by Anonymousreply 135August 14, 2024 1:57 PM

For sure r108, it's the chin! Malia Obama inherited this too. I'd never seen a photo of his grandfather until now.

by Anonymousreply 136August 14, 2024 2:16 PM

I think she speaks just fine.

by Anonymousreply 137August 14, 2024 3:08 PM

She speaks fine and I don't hear black girl speak at all. Hillary did that more than Kamala ever has.

by Anonymousreply 138August 14, 2024 7:25 PM

Didn't Judge Judy Shyster use that line a lot? I'm SPEAKING!!!!!

"I said Donald Trump is a great businessman"!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 139August 14, 2024 9:54 PM

Yes, Judge Judy would say "I'm speaking" whenever a litigant tried to interrupt her. If they kept it up, she'd remind them that the production team would cut off their microphone, not hers. So maybe Kamala can remind rally-attendees who interrupt her that security will throw THEM out of the event, not her.

by Anonymousreply 140August 14, 2024 9:59 PM

I dont think the pee on her leg joke Judy used would work for Kamala. Honestly, I never got why people liked that, it was a stupid awkward joke to make in a court room.

I FOUND THE SOURCE:

Judge Judy version was a misquote (or transparent plagiarism) from Clint Eastwood in "The Outlaw Josey Wales". What he actually says is "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

by Anonymousreply 141August 14, 2024 10:09 PM

R140, rough them up, too.

DjT

by Anonymousreply 142August 17, 2024 5:46 AM

It was neither, r140. JJ simply cleaned up a movie quote. She didn't pretend to be the origin.

by Anonymousreply 143August 17, 2024 12:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!