Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Bipolar Breakdowns and Popular Returns

Lucky Spencer, Holly Sutton and Ric Lansing are all on their way back to town. Looking forward to seeing them again.

As that is happening, our resident mumbling mobster continues his mental breakdown, but seems to have forgiven hitman hero Jason for his seeming betrayal.

Likewise we are all grieving the loss of Kristina and TJ's baby, errrr, Molly and TJ's baby at the hands of Ava Jerome.

Meanwhile, how will Carly and Brennan become a couple? When will we finally get a Lulu recast? And is Valentin gone for good?

by Anonymousreply 600August 26, 2024 12:40 PM

Link to the previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 8, 2024 10:10 PM

Thanks for starting the new thread.

by Anonymousreply 2August 8, 2024 10:14 PM

Can someone with Photoshop put a turban on Mo's head?

I really want to have visuals for the Celeste Talbert comparison. LOL

by Anonymousreply 3August 8, 2024 10:35 PM

The threads sure fill up fast these days. But with just a couple of Ignores, I can read the entire thread in half the time

by Anonymousreply 4August 8, 2024 10:50 PM

Who the hell did Maura West piss off in the writers room?

by Anonymousreply 5August 8, 2024 10:51 PM

Maura is looking great lately, but I'm terrified they are boxing Ava into a corner. I'm only hanging on to the hope that the worst she did was lie to the policy about Kristina tripping over shoes, instead of Call Me John's luggage (can I sniff his jock?). I didn't see her push Kristina, so what is her crime?

by Anonymousreply 6August 8, 2024 11:01 PM

There was no crime but she’s about to be the punching bag around town much like Nina was for calling the SEC on Carly and Drew.

But Carly actually commits a crime, gets charges dropped and an official government apology.

This show is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 7August 8, 2024 11:15 PM

They're busy reforming serial killer Heather Webber. Reforming Ava could happen in a couple of days

Maybe she gives Carly the Heimlich maneuver when she's choking on a BLT at Bobbies

by Anonymousreply 8August 8, 2024 11:17 PM

AM is allowed to rewrite Heather’s dialogue and portray her however she wants. She mentioned at the event over the weekend she didn’t care for some of Heather’s lines, complained to her bestie CVE and he told her to improvise.

by Anonymousreply 9August 8, 2024 11:29 PM

Ava didn’t forcefully push Kristina but she did sort of grab her shoulder, causing her to to trip over the baxg and crash through the window. It was clearly an accident but looks bad in the photos.

by Anonymousreply 10August 8, 2024 11:38 PM

Heather is FF material for me.

by Anonymousreply 11August 8, 2024 11:40 PM

LW has asked viewers multiple times to stop FFing

by Anonymousreply 12August 8, 2024 11:42 PM

Charles Mesure (Brennan) and Kristen Vaganos (Molly) are now on contract.

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2024 1:16 AM

And Adam Harrington is exiting

by Anonymousreply 14August 9, 2024 1:17 AM

Thanks, where do you get the info before it’s posted anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2024 1:36 AM

I am sorry to see Adam Harrington exit. They didn't give him much to do and I thought he had potential. And he is hot.

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2024 1:55 AM

R16, maybe he'll be back?

I hope so.

Let another show snatch him up.

Can anyone tell me what was so great about Wendy Riche? She came in after Gloria's second time at the show; when Glo left the show was No. 3; granted it got a boost by bringing Emma back.

Wendy allowed Claire and Guza to inflict the mob into Port Charles, making Sonny the hero lead of the show. By the time she left, the show had slunk down to No. 5 or 6 in the ratings.

What did she do that was so great?

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2024 5:54 AM

R17 Agreed. Wendy wasn’t anything special. She was only as good as her headwriter.

by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2024 8:17 AM

Contract characters below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2024 10:53 AM

^Gio is on contract but hadn't had his photo done when this was updated.

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2024 11:00 AM

R20 Gio came right after those pictures were taken.

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2024 12:05 PM

Take these with a grain of salt:

Emily O'Brien (ex-Gwen Rizczech, ex-Theresa Donovan, DOOL; ex-Jana Fisher, Y&R) is thisclose to becoming the New Lulu.

A huge new African set was built for Jonathan Jackson; Lucky, no longer a police officer, is now a doctor.

Lucky and Kristina could become a couple.

Ron Carlivati was under consideration to return as hw (others were Guza, Dena Higley, Charles Pratt).

Korte/Van Etten pairing as hw's aren't exactly set in stone; both can be downgraded back to script and/or breakdown writers, should this not work out.

by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2024 1:20 PM

Steve and Bradford confirmed that they filmed scenes this week that will actually air next week (crazy editing).

by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2024 1:21 PM

NO to Lucky and Kristina! I want him for Liz, Sam, or even Maxie. Emily o’Brien doesn’t feel like a Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2024 1:44 PM

I don’t think Emily would be good as Lulu either, she doesn’t look right as a blonde or maybe it was just the DOOL wig

by Anonymousreply 25August 9, 2024 1:56 PM

R24 R25 Stephanie Gatschet is still supposedly in the running; Emily O'Brien is now allegedly in the mix.

by Anonymousreply 26August 9, 2024 1:59 PM

Although auditions are also under way, a "big get" has been referenced as the preferred choice for Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 27August 9, 2024 2:04 PM

They should cast Marci Miller as Lulu

by Anonymousreply 28August 9, 2024 2:05 PM

R28 She was referenced when they were first considering recasting Lulu at the end of last year. Fan reaction was mixed; some thought it would be fun to see interactions between "two Abigail's" with her and Kate Mansi. Others thought it would be a bad idea, citing Marci Miller as a boring and a female version of Chad Duell.

by Anonymousreply 29August 9, 2024 3:09 PM

R18, I don't think she'd ever seen the show before.

And yes, yes, yes, BJ's heart transplant and Stone's death were all great soap but imagine if someone had taken over Ryan's Hope and chopped off Jillian's breast (Monica), killed little John (BJ) in a bus accident, and had Ryan Finelli sleep with a guy who gave her HIV (Robin).

She would have stormed ABC with a machete, rightfully so.

by Anonymousreply 30August 9, 2024 3:14 PM

Monaco and Zamprogna are apparently non-too thrilled about a New Lulu (especially not Monaco, going by their lack of enthusiasm when asked about it at FCW). Dom entertained the idea more than Kelly, but not by much.

by Anonymousreply 31August 9, 2024 3:19 PM

*Especially Monaco at R31

by Anonymousreply 32August 9, 2024 3:20 PM

R24, she's a lovely woman but Emily didn't feel like Theresa Donovan either.

by Anonymousreply 33August 9, 2024 3:22 PM

Why don't they just go with a new to daytime actress for Lulu?

by Anonymousreply 34August 9, 2024 3:28 PM

There's a learning curve and settling in process for new to daytime actors and Lulu would be thrown right into a front burner story.

Some can quickly adjust; others look like a deer in headlights when they first start (Tanisha). Even seasoned actor Jeff Kober said his first day he was like "WTF".

Newbie Giolin has a way to go. Marcus Coloma never improved.

They need an experienced soap actress for Lulu to hit the ground running.

by Anonymousreply 35August 9, 2024 3:35 PM

Okay, if you say so. But there are a lot of actresses in LA; sometimes, you need to take a chance on finding someone new and great.

by Anonymousreply 36August 9, 2024 3:42 PM

Fan reaction clearly doesn't factor into decisions regarding casting, storyline, pairings or front-burner status.

Emily O'Brien would be fine because she has talent.

Marci Miller would've been fine because her demeanor would be a welcome change from the ShrewLu hysterics of Rylan.

Monaco needs to stay quiet and grateful. The Sam character passed its expiration date a decade ago.

An

by Anonymousreply 37August 9, 2024 3:56 PM

I threw in the "An" for free.

by Anonymousreply 38August 9, 2024 3:57 PM

R34 They actually might do so. There's an open casting call along with potentially hiring a daytime actress from another soap.

by Anonymousreply 39August 9, 2024 4:22 PM

R35 That's a good point. Especially if they go the Sam/Silas/Nina route with Sam/Dante/Lulu, wife/ex-wife wakes up from a coma and wreaks havoc on her ex-husbands life. Monaco eventually wanted out of that storyline as well.

by Anonymousreply 40August 9, 2024 4:30 PM

R41 Fair point as well. Remember that's what happened with Brooke Anne Smith; new to soaps actress hired in a contractual role. Personally, she'd make a good Lulu, imo, though she probably has no desire to ever return to GH.

by Anonymousreply 41August 9, 2024 4:32 PM

If DZ and KeMo aren't happy about a Lulu return all the more reason to get a seasoned soap actress who can handle the role AND the possible cold shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 42August 9, 2024 4:35 PM

R37 Right. Fan reaction is highly ignored when it comes to GH. Greg Vaughan was the preferred Lucky by fans, yet Frank wanted Jonathan Jackson. The fans also seem to want Laura and Elizabeth front and center, yet they are not. Frank is notorious for ignoring fans suggestions in favor of his own; Korte and Van Etten are not too much different. Varni listens to fans, sometimes, though he doesn't always. Giovanni, for example, is not exactly catching on with many fans, yet Frank adores him.

What's interesting about Monaco is that Frank apparently wanted to offer Lindsay Hartley the role of Sam permanently, after she first stepped in for Kelly. However, the network and Hartley herself weren't completely onboard with Frank's idea.

by Anonymousreply 43August 9, 2024 4:38 PM

R42 Good point

by Anonymousreply 44August 9, 2024 4:39 PM

All I'm saying is that once, Anne Heche and Cynthia Watros were new to soaps. I can understand the desire to hire someone with experience, but sometimes, there is a drawback to bringing on someone with baggage from other soaps.

This is just me. I consider GH in the Days position now. It is in last place, with under a million viewers, and probably is not going to get back over 2 million. The only difference is the budget, but even ABC is going to get tired of flushing money down the commode. If Steve Burton didn't get people back, why do they think JJ is going to bring in a slew of viewers?

This is just like when Days was in let's bring back all the old supercouples to see if that would get viewers to tune in mode. It didn't.

by Anonymousreply 45August 9, 2024 4:47 PM

DL has been saying for well over a decade that ABC was going to cancel GH due to low ratings. But help a brother out, DL. What can ABC put on its timeslot to get bigger ratings than GH?

by Anonymousreply 46August 9, 2024 6:00 PM

Nothing R46 . But expanding GMA3 by an hour (or giving the timeslot to affiliates) is probably a lot cheaper than producing GH.

by Anonymousreply 47August 9, 2024 6:21 PM

I was away on vacation, so I'm catching up on this week's episodes. I'm cringing at the Mo/Bryan Craig scenes. Bryan obviously was coached by his TV daddy.

On the topic of NuLuLu, I think Erin Hershey Presley would be interesting.

Also, first scenes with Nancy Lee and Kelly Monaco in a long time. NLG was barely looking at her in the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 48August 9, 2024 6:30 PM

Erin Hershey Presley Would be a good choice, but I think she’s too old, Jonathan Jackson is 42 and definitely doesn’t look it

by Anonymousreply 49August 9, 2024 6:36 PM

R49. You're right! In my head I see her as the younger Alison Barrington. Time plays tricks on me!

by Anonymousreply 50August 9, 2024 6:40 PM

What about OGHope from B&B, Kim Matula? What is she up to?

by Anonymousreply 51August 9, 2024 6:56 PM

Are they writing Blaze/Ali out? She hasn't visited Kristina at all.

by Anonymousreply 52August 9, 2024 6:59 PM

Things must be pretty bad between the two actresses to not have Blaze there. Glaringly obvious something is wrong.

If she does leave, can she please take her mother with her?

Also, if she is written out, I suspect the actress won't go quietly despite not being on contract.

by Anonymousreply 53August 9, 2024 7:02 PM

R53. You're right. Tits LaRue needs to go too. There is no point to that character anymore.

by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2024 7:06 PM

R51. She's possibly making the jump to big time movies. She'll play Jane Curtain in the SNL biopic movie opening in October.

by Anonymousreply 55August 9, 2024 7:24 PM

R51, she'll likely have opportunities once Saturday Night Live 1975 (or whatever it's called) comes out.

Sadly, it's just the show's first year so we won't get that 'Jane you ignorant slut' moment.

by Anonymousreply 56August 9, 2024 8:11 PM

Marci Miller reminds me more of Julie Berman. They need someone a little more earthy. Too many plastique queens on the show already.

[quote] Lulu would be thrown right into a front burner story.

It will take the bitch 3 months to sit up and speak!

by Anonymousreply 57August 9, 2024 9:37 PM

Tits Larue was fired.

by Anonymousreply 58August 9, 2024 10:51 PM

Mia Korf IS Lulu Spencer!

by Anonymousreply 59August 10, 2024 12:36 AM

Crystal Hunt could play Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 60August 10, 2024 2:29 AM

Crystal Cunt can barely portray a limp dishrag. She was terrible in both of her daytime roles.

by Anonymousreply 61August 10, 2024 3:37 AM

How long has Lulu been in a coma, like 4 years or so? I think I started watching GH regularly right after. Why would people leave a loved one in a coma for so long, it's so stupid, JFC just pull the plug!

by Anonymousreply 62August 10, 2024 3:48 AM

Previews For Next Week:

Monday, August 12th, 2024

Blaze receives a tempting offer.

Willow makes a life-altering decision.

Nina confides in Maxie.

Carly gets a big surprise.

Anna makes a realization.

Tuesday, August 13th, 2024

Sonny confides in Jason.

Kristina makes a bittersweet decision.

Carly warns Ava.

Tracy gives Violet a history lesson.

Jagger details his new plan.

Wednesday, August 14th, 2024

Sasha takes Michael's advice to heart.

Cody learns from Tracy.

Josslyn opens up to Gio.

Willow makes a confession.

Sonny makes an offer.

Thursday, August 15th, 2024

Maxie is alarmed.

Michael issues an unexpected invitation.

Cody attempts a rescue.

Felicia gives Mac a piece of her mind.

Jason updates Sonny.

Friday, August 16th, 2024

Jason hits paydirt.

Laura gets a distressing call.

Jagger makes a shocking arrest.

Molly and TJ face a heartbreaking choice.

Sonny makes a promise to Kristina.

by Anonymousreply 63August 10, 2024 4:49 AM

R46 Pretty much what's referenced by R47 either expand GMA or give the hour back to the affiliates. There's also potentially another talk show (though expensive to produce) or game shows they can add.

However, the network is apparently trying everything they can to save GH. They see GH as their flagship program and aren't interested in cancelling it. If anything, they'd move it to one of their streaming services full-time, such as Hulu or DisneyPlus, before cancelling it. That's not exactly what's been mentioned as something they're in a rush to do- they want to keep GH firmly on ABC.

by Anonymousreply 64August 10, 2024 4:56 AM

R48 Bryan Craig wants to come back full-time, but the network isn't exactly budging.

Crazy MAGA bitch Erin Hershey-Presley would probably enjoy another chance at GH.

True but at one point, NLG did give Monaco a seemingly piercing stare, around the ending of their scene. The tension is definitely still there between the two. NLG refuses to acknowledge having a "middle-aged" woman as her daughter 😁

by Anonymousreply 65August 10, 2024 5:01 AM

R51 Good choice but she seems to be out of the soap realm right now.

by Anonymousreply 66August 10, 2024 5:02 AM

R52 New rumor has Jacqueline Grace Lopez out, along with Eva La Rue. Adam J. Harrington and Maura West are apparently still on the chopping block as well. Frank is supposedly angling for a new character to gift Eva La Rue as a do-over.

by Anonymousreply 67August 10, 2024 5:05 AM

R53 Believe it or not, Kate Mansi supposedly softened towards her recently after not being able to stand her for the longest. Could be that Mansi knows she's out, possibly, so she's relieved that they won't have to work together anymore.

Agreed. Doubt she'd exit quietly if the rumors are true that's she's out.

by Anonymousreply 68August 10, 2024 5:13 AM

R57 Many thought that Emme Rylan reminded them of Kirsten Storms back then, a little too "plastique" as well.

Sit up and speak 😆 they seem to be placing a rush order on Lulu, like ready to walk out of the hospital

by Anonymousreply 69August 10, 2024 5:18 AM

R59 R60 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 70August 10, 2024 5:19 AM

R61 Farah Fath and John-Paul Lavoisier couldn't stand her and wanted her out, though I sometimes thought that John-Paul was possibly just going along with what Farah wanted. Frank and Ron loved Crystal 😊

by Anonymousreply 71August 10, 2024 5:21 AM

R62 Right four long years. It'll be five in a few months.

by Anonymousreply 72August 10, 2024 5:29 AM

A surprise male is returning; the show is keeping it under wraps. Some guesses are Tony Geary, Ted King, Greg Vaughan, Matt Cohen, just to name a few. The actor already started filming; they even used Michael Easton's vacated dressing room.

James Patrick Stewart and Scarlett Fernandez aren't completely done at GH; both filmed scenes to air soon.

New Lulu is expected to be cast within the next couple of weeks. The actress chosen is scheduled to begin filming in September.

The two male characters that Patrick Mulcahey were planning to introduce (White male "Tyler" who uses his looks to get by, in his 30's and a Black male "Trey," in his 20's, for Trina) are most likely no longer on the table.

by Anonymousreply 73August 10, 2024 5:44 AM

*Sorry meant James Patrick Stuart at R73. Usually refer to him as JPS

by Anonymousreply 74August 10, 2024 5:54 AM

If they were going to do a "Who Killed Ava Jerome" storyline, this would be the time to do it. Nearly half the cast has a reason to want her dead.

by Anonymousreply 75August 10, 2024 5:55 AM

Both Mansi and NLG hate Jacqueline Grace Lopez. JGL thinks she’s all that. Frank finally gave in and fired her ass much to Kate and Nancy’s delight.

by Anonymousreply 76August 10, 2024 7:52 AM

To clarify any misconception at R65, NLG's feud with Monaco isn't because they're playing mother and daughter. Monaco has been known to flake on NLG many of times, most recently at NLG's event. Throughout the years there's tension that has arisen off and on between the two of them, whereas NLG has always had a close relationship with Lexi Ainsworth, Haley Pullos and now with both Kate Mansi, Kristen Vaganos. She sees these four actresses as her daughters, with Monaco more as a contemporary.

by Anonymousreply 77August 10, 2024 8:36 AM

R75 Looks like it's coming; Patrick Mulcahey tried to stop it, for he's a fan of both Maura West and Ava Jerome. However now it seems to be happening; Nathan, Frank and Chris have always liked MW too, as but the network (which of course includes Nathan) decided to get rid of Roger Howarth for Steve Burton, Michael Easton for Jonathan Jackson, now possibly Maura West for another person. It's a money issue.

by Anonymousreply 78August 10, 2024 8:45 AM

R76 Correct Jacqueline Grace Lopez has a big head and rubbed Kate Mansi the wrong way, but Kate has warmed up to her somewhat, which is probably because Kate knows that Jacqueline is almost out. There's already talks of pairing Kristina with Lucky or even a new woman.

by Anonymousreply 79August 10, 2024 8:47 AM

Kate warming up to Jacqueline happened recently, I should say; Kate never liked Jacqueline at all.

by Anonymousreply 80August 10, 2024 8:49 AM

the backstage stuff has always been more dramatic and compelling than the on-screen stuff; especially, now.

by Anonymousreply 81August 10, 2024 8:51 AM

R81 True 😁

by Anonymousreply 82August 10, 2024 9:03 AM

R73 Oh pleeease let it be Ted King. (Even though they will completely squander his talents - again.)

by Anonymousreply 83August 10, 2024 11:30 AM

Please don't make Eva LaRue the new Roger Howarth/Michael Easton and gift her endless do-over characters hoping one will click with the audience. Bid her a permanent farewell.

If anyone deserves a do-over it's Maura.

Hopefully the "tempting offer" Blaze receives is out in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 84August 10, 2024 12:15 PM

If they drop Maura West, they've lost the best spice in the dish. No one does evil passion like Maura West. They could have Sonny contain rather than kill her to keep Kristina from carrying the guilt of demanding Ava's death, so Maura could live for another day.

by Anonymousreply 85August 10, 2024 12:23 PM

Why didn't they like the other Kristina, the one who got beat up by her boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 86August 10, 2024 12:32 PM

R83 We'll see. Not sure it's him this particular time, especially since Steve and Bradford confirmed that there's a surprise return (Steve probably wouldn't want to bring attention to Ted) but Frank almost brought him back last year (Ted dropped that he had a meeting with Frank, but after their meeting, nothing transpired from it), so it's always a possibility.

Ethan is another character that some are speculating is the one that's returning.

by Anonymousreply 87August 10, 2024 1:50 PM

R84 MW definitely deserves a do over or another role on a competing soap, should GH let her/Ava walk.

by Anonymousreply 88August 10, 2024 1:52 PM

R85 Exactly. They're too focused on reliving the "glory days" with characters pre-Frank which actually isn't a bad thing, except it shouldn't come at the expense of current actors. Also, if the writing's not there, viewers are going to continue to refrain from watching.

by Anonymousreply 89August 10, 2024 1:54 PM

R86 Frank didn't like her in the role. There were mentions of her looking too young, with Frank not necessarily seeing her as a right fit for his vision of Kristina.

When Frank first arrived, Garin Wolf wrote her out months prior, for he didn't particularly care for Lexi in the role either. When Frank and Ron decided to bring Kristina back, they chose to recast instead of contacting Lexi, which initially brought Lindsey Morgan onto the show, though she wasn't ready for the fast pace of daytime, so they let her go.

When Jean Passanante and Shelly Altman expressed interest in bringing Kristina back again, Frank apparently wanted to recast again, yet Maurice (and Nancy Lee) wanted Lexi back, so Frank obliged.

However, before recasting with Kate Mansi, Kristina wasn't utilized much, with Lexi primarily off contract (Frank didn't want to keep Lexi on contract). Lexi moving overseas (traveling back and forth) gave Frank the out he needed to recast Kristina, with an actress of his choice, since there were now plans to include Kristina in a more integral role. Even though Lexi was the one who gave Frank and the writers the endometriosis/surrogacy storyline idea, including offering to fly back and forth to Los Angeles to film, Frank decided to recast with Kate instead, using Lexi's storyline idea, which upset Lexi somewhat, because it was her intention to play the story out.

by Anonymousreply 90August 10, 2024 2:12 PM

If they want a new role for Eva just make her Saint Maria of the Push Up Bra.

by Anonymousreply 91August 10, 2024 2:18 PM

If they want to ditch Ava, they could bring Maura West back as a Dorian-like doctor at GH, who sets her sights on Ned and the Quartermaine fortune. That would give Maura a chance to tangle with Jane Elliott, which could be delicious.

by Anonymousreply 92August 10, 2024 2:26 PM

Knowing that Maura would/could never step foot on the YR set again means that I would gladly take her over at Days, if GH is stupid enough to let her go. She could be a new character or a recast character, I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 93August 10, 2024 7:17 PM

The Gates should snap Maura up.

Isn't The Gates supposed to be set in D.C.?

She could be a Senator or Speaker of the House or Lobbyist or opposing counsel in some big lawsuit. The possibilities are endless.

by Anonymousreply 94August 10, 2024 8:03 PM

But the Gates is Blackity Black and Maura is not.

by Anonymousreply 95August 10, 2024 8:35 PM

R95, J. Giddeons will make it work between his 3rd lunch and 2nd dinner.

by Anonymousreply 96August 10, 2024 9:33 PM

R31 yet Monaco told fans at her event that “Jason is Sam’s core.” She knows she’ll only get airtime if they pair her with Steve again.

by Anonymousreply 97August 10, 2024 9:35 PM

They might as well just bring Vaughan back as Nikolas. Nobody cares about GH actors in multiple roles, and he's probably the best actor (age, looks, familiarity) for the job at this point.

by Anonymousreply 98August 10, 2024 11:00 PM

Greg as Nikolas is a good idea

by Anonymousreply 99August 10, 2024 11:02 PM

Do you think Frank would ever agree to Adam Huss full-time as the Prince?

by Anonymousreply 100August 10, 2024 11:04 PM

I don’t get why people think Adam Huss is a good Nik

by Anonymousreply 101August 10, 2024 11:05 PM

R101. I agree with you. I think he's too emotional to be Nik. But, just wondered if we think that's ever an option.

by Anonymousreply 102August 10, 2024 11:09 PM

Adam Huss isn't perfect but he was a far sight better than horribly miscast Coloma

by Anonymousreply 103August 10, 2024 11:32 PM

Please give us Jordi Vilasuso as Nik! Now that would draw in viewers.

by Anonymousreply 104August 10, 2024 11:39 PM

No. Jordi has OD'd on Botox and guyliner. You need a Tom Welling type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 10, 2024 11:43 PM

by Anonymousreply 106August 10, 2024 11:45 PM

Adam Huss was infinitely better than Marcus Coloma. How Marcus kept his job for three years in one of those great unsolved mysteries.

That said, Adam does not display the emotion repression/restraint that is part of Nikolas' makeup thanks to his Russian-Greek heritage. When playing Nik, Adam displayed far too much anger, practically growling at Ava and others.

That's not to say Adam can't learn the emotional restraint that is needed for Nikolas. But someone else might also be able to do it better.

As far as Greg goes, I never really liked him as Lucky. It was only when he moved to Days and began playing Eric that I became a fan of his.

That said, Guza also didn't seem to like Greg's Lucky either. Aside from the excellent pill addiction/affair with Maxie storyline, Guza never gave Lucky front-burner storylines and relegated Greg's Lucky to a supporting character.

by Anonymousreply 107August 10, 2024 11:50 PM

R97 Right, especially with Lulu on the horizon, Monaco is now peddling JaSam more, after initially dismissing that pairing once Steve returned in 2017, backtracking upon his most recent return. Monaco is miserable at GH; understandable that she won't outright leave without another job lined up, but she's not happy. There's rumors that she's out, but she'll probably just re-sign when her contract is up for renewal next year. What's interesting is that Frank was willing to break his "no temps as permanent rule" by swapping Monaco for Lindsay Hartley, though the network nor Lindsay agreed. However, Lindsay shouldn't have a problem if Monaco voluntarily vacates the role.

by Anonymousreply 108August 11, 2024 12:58 AM

Lindsay Hartley will be back to fill in for Monaco, most likely, if she has any excused absences coming up.

by Anonymousreply 109August 11, 2024 1:02 AM

R100 Only if Frank is willing to bend his "no temps as permanent" rule for Adam.

by Anonymousreply 110August 11, 2024 1:02 AM

I like Lindsay much better in the role and specifically at the time she filled in as it was at the height of Monaco's zombified mumbling state.

But Lindsay would have to eat a few meals first and trim the unhealthy hair if she hasn't already done so.

by Anonymousreply 111August 11, 2024 1:04 AM

Actually R100 the network can always override Frank and that rule, if they really want Adam back. Typically the writers and/or Frank come up with characters/actors they want to bring in or get rid of- and the network signs off on it or says no. No matter how much the writers or Frank want someone there or not, it's ultimately up to the network. Steve Burton came back twice because of the network overriding Frank.

by Anonymousreply 112August 11, 2024 1:06 AM

Frank usually gets his way with the network, though not with being able to keep Roger Howarth nor Michael Easton. Bringing back Steve Burton and Jonathan Jackson were of utmost importance over them.

by Anonymousreply 113August 11, 2024 1:08 AM

R111 😆 😆 the Monaco and Hartley observations are spot on.

by Anonymousreply 114August 11, 2024 1:10 AM

Alan Locher and Martha Byrne "disagreeing" about Trump on X.

by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2024 1:44 AM

R115 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 116August 11, 2024 2:22 AM

R115. Interesting! She pretty much cast the first few months of his internet show.

by Anonymousreply 117August 11, 2024 3:21 AM

R93, that's better than anything the last writing regime came up with and they were paid BIG BUCKS.

by Anonymousreply 118August 11, 2024 3:22 AM

Bill Bell let one of his Thorne's go and replaced him with another and told the network about it -- four days later.

by Anonymousreply 119August 11, 2024 3:23 AM

R119 CBS/Sony is different than ABC/Disney in various aspects. Frank has to get network approval before he hires/fires; they usually greenlight more hires than fires, such as Wil de Vry- Frank wanted him out for the longest, but the network wouldn't sign off on it. Steve Burton wanted to come back for at least six months before Maurice went over Frank's head and got the network to rehire him, back in 2017. The network also got rid of Franco and refuses to allow Todd to return, citing their newly enforced "no rape" policy

by Anonymousreply 120August 11, 2024 6:13 AM

*Refused to allow Todd to return when their newly enforced "no rape" policy was set in place, after Bob Iger stepped down. Apparently that particular policy has been removed.

by Anonymousreply 121August 11, 2024 6:16 AM

"Popular" actress from OLTL possibly joining the cast, according to a new rumor.

by Anonymousreply 122August 11, 2024 6:54 AM

I hope it's Slee!

by Anonymousreply 123August 11, 2024 7:32 AM

It’s sure not Dorian Strassman. Frank hates that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 124August 11, 2024 8:23 AM

Does she drive a Tercel?

by Anonymousreply 125August 11, 2024 10:19 AM

[quote]"Popular" actress from OLTL possibly joining the cast, according to a new rumor.

She’s joining the show as the lead horse in the Quartermain stables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 11, 2024 12:13 PM

I feel bad for Maura. Her character has no ties that cement her to canvas and make for on-going storylines.

No adult children to play off of, no love interest (no chemistry with Jagger, seemed like a last-ditch effort to save both characters), no siblings, no friends and her art gallery business is not one that other characters would visit regularly like a restaurant. A young child that is infrequently seen and she only interacts with for 30 seconds when she does see her. Her friendship with college age Trina is also not enough to sustain a character and frankly I think the friendship is a bit over the top. Trina is close to her parents and comes from a comfortable financial background, she doesn't need an overly close friendship with someone twice her age who isn't even a good role model.

Watros on the other hand is in a better position. Adult daughter that makes for a lot of storylines, Crimson business that many other characters are involved in, grandchild that is frequently seen, a second daughter that may return, nephew James, ex-sister-in-law Maxie, a step-daughter Charlotte she is close to, a faux daughter Sasha she is close to and three ex-husbands on canvas (Valentin, Sonny and now Ric). And a crazy Aunt we hope will pop back in.

I hope the speculation is wrong and Maura stays but I don't know...

by Anonymousreply 127August 11, 2024 1:41 PM

Martha Byrne is a dogged-face lunatic

by Anonymousreply 128August 11, 2024 2:45 PM

What did Martha do now?

by Anonymousreply 129August 11, 2024 2:48 PM

R129 Tweeting nonsense like this gem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 11, 2024 2:56 PM

Holy fuck.

by Anonymousreply 131August 11, 2024 2:58 PM

She was probably always conservative but that Chinese spy conspiracy mess with her cop husband seems to have pushed her over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 132August 11, 2024 3:20 PM

I've heard severe gingivitis can cause brain damage.

by Anonymousreply 133August 11, 2024 4:24 PM

[quote]that Chinese spy conspiracy mess with her cop husband seems to have pushed her over the edge

I read some of that shit she posted about that issue. Remind you, this was the stuff that she posted... and it sure as hell seems like he's guilty as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 134August 11, 2024 5:13 PM

Batshit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 11, 2024 5:27 PM

it's too bad about Martha; she's of course influenced by what's gone down with her husband.

I'm sure Lucinda would vote for Trump; Hubbard? Maybe not.

Someone I know excuses everything Trump says or does as his being a 'streetfighter' (more like bully). If statutes really were changed to nail him, well, the streets are fighting back.

by Anonymousreply 136August 11, 2024 6:30 PM

What exactly happened with her husband? Are they still fighting the accusations?

by Anonymousreply 137August 11, 2024 6:44 PM

I believe Lilly Walsh experienced a serious fall during an unfortunate dressage incident in Oakdale, IL, resulting in a hip replacement and subsequent mind-altering Metallosis.

by Anonymousreply 138August 11, 2024 7:15 PM

Wow! Martha drank a HUGE glass of the MAGA Kool-Aid.

I actually believed what she said about her husband being set up. But after reading this, my opinion of her has been lower 1,000%.

by Anonymousreply 139August 11, 2024 10:16 PM

[quote]Frank has to get network approval before he hires/fires; they usually greenlight more hires than fires, such as Wil de Vry- Frank wanted him out for the longest, but the network wouldn't sign off on

Why was Frank so determined to get rid of Will deVry?

What did deVry do that pissed Frank off so much?

Lots of potential story for Julian, but it was also quite strange that the Wiley baby switch storyline focused more on Julian than on Brad and Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 140August 11, 2024 10:21 PM

DeVry became the resident panty dropper for the girls and the gays, but wouldn't drop his for Frank.

Plus, Mo was very threatened by his popularity.

by Anonymousreply 141August 11, 2024 10:29 PM

[quote]DeVry became the resident panty dropper for the girls and the gays, but wouldn't drop his for Frank.

Is that the GH equivalent of touching Hunter King's breasts?

by Anonymousreply 142August 11, 2024 10:32 PM

R123 Many want her on GH.

by Anonymousreply 143August 11, 2024 10:51 PM

R124 True

by Anonymousreply 144August 11, 2024 10:51 PM

R125 That story will never go away 😁

by Anonymousreply 145August 11, 2024 10:52 PM

R126 😆 Brian Frons couldn't stand her

by Anonymousreply 146August 11, 2024 10:54 PM

R127 Excellent points. I feel sorry for her too, hope it works out where she isn't let go for someone else.

by Anonymousreply 147August 11, 2024 10:56 PM

I hope it's Bree Williamson as Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 148August 11, 2024 11:05 PM

R137 Involved in some Chinese spying scandal

R138 R139 😆 😆

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 11, 2024 11:06 PM

R140 Frank personally didn't like him, while Maurice didn't like Julian's popularity as R141 mentioned. Wil was pretty much a goofball on set; he'd do silly things like send Frank pictures of himself and would openly speak about certain storylines or cast changes that he didn't particularly like, which would upset Frank. Frank tried firing him around the time Julexis were big (Frank isn't exactly a fan of Nancy Lee either); Frank was actually the one who instructed Jean/Shelly to write Julian trying to harm Alexis, in the whole "Sleeping with the Enemy" storyline; Jean/Shelly (especially Jean) loved Alexis and Julian as her husband (the network loved Alexis and Julian too, which is why Frank couldn't fire him for the longest). Frank was finally able to fire him in 2020 while the network started experiencing corporate shakeups (that's also when Emme Rylan was fired too).

by Anonymousreply 150August 11, 2024 11:24 PM

R148 Some believe that it's her, citing her "chemistry" with Dominic Zamprogna. Others believe it's Brittany Underwood.

by Anonymousreply 151August 11, 2024 11:26 PM

Loved Brittany as Langston on OL.

by Anonymousreply 152August 11, 2024 11:32 PM

Martha Byrne is a cunt. Liz Hubbard would be so upset at what she turned into.

by Anonymousreply 153August 11, 2024 11:37 PM

Kristin Anderson wouldn’t be a bad choice for Lulu either honestly Except maybe she’s too young?

by Anonymousreply 154August 11, 2024 11:50 PM

Well, if we look at who was eating OLTL whole by the time it ended, Bree Williamson, Melissa Archer, and Kristen Alderson would be probably the most popular "younger" actresses. In terms of GH-aged Lulu, Bree and Melissa would be closer BUT in real time, it's funny, that Kristen would be closer to Lulu (born in 1993/1994).

by Anonymousreply 155August 11, 2024 11:59 PM

Melisa archer would be a good choice as well. I did love the Buchanan Twins. I was perfectly fine with that retcon

by Anonymousreply 156August 12, 2024 12:01 AM

Viki Sleestack is ready to return to daytime.

by Anonymousreply 157August 12, 2024 12:31 AM

R152 Dorian's "bonus" daughter was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 158August 12, 2024 12:44 AM

R153 Not too much different than all the times Lily disappointed Lucinda

by Anonymousreply 159August 12, 2024 12:46 AM

R154 KA is actually old enough to portray Lulu, as R155 mentioned. KA was born in 1991; Lulu was born onscreen 8/8/94 but her birthdate was revised to 8/8/88. The problem with KA is that many found her inexperienced as an adult actress (when she played Starr and then KiKi) while Frank also refuses to rehire her on a permanent basis, since she abruptly quit GH over a lay discrepancy, when Frank asked her to take a pay cut. She sought out Y&R, for the role of Summer Newman, when they were recasting after Hunter King chose not to return, but Y&R politely declined.

by Anonymousreply 160August 12, 2024 12:56 AM

*She abruptly quit GH over a pay discrepancy at R160

by Anonymousreply 161August 12, 2024 12:58 AM

Don't like Kristen Alderson's face.

I did laugh when she was on Mo's show and said Duelly didn't like her family visiting all the time when she was living with him.

by Anonymousreply 162August 12, 2024 1:00 AM

R156 Enjoyed that particular retcon as well, including all the turns before finally revealing they were actually both Viki and Clint's daughters. When Dena Higley was writing, she actually considered giving Jessica an identical twin during one of the Tess multiple personality storylines, saying "she can do better than that" in reference to making Tess her own person outside of Jessica. Natalie probably would've been their triplet.

by Anonymousreply 163August 12, 2024 1:02 AM

R162 Did she mention to Mo how much she loved Chad's Dick of Death?

by Anonymousreply 164August 12, 2024 1:03 AM

Natalie their triplet or not even Viki's daughter at all, should say at R163

by Anonymousreply 165August 12, 2024 1:06 AM

R155 Others could be Jessica Morris, Terri Conn, Farah Fath, Crystal Hunt- though not necessarily as big as the ones you've named. Outside of recasting Lulu, of course there's Gina Tognini, but wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up. Besides if they're potentially getting rid of MW to bring someone back from the past, they probably can't afford GT.

by Anonymousreply 166August 12, 2024 1:12 AM

*Gina Tognoni, should say at R166. However it's probably for Lulu since they're apparently in a hurry to have her onscreen asap. They really want her return to coincide with Jonathan Jackson's.

by Anonymousreply 167August 12, 2024 1:15 AM

Some have even suggested Kelly Thiebaud as new Lulu, with newly blonde hair.

by Anonymousreply 168August 12, 2024 1:20 AM

As much as I like Kelly Thiebaud that's just not a good idea. She would tower and hulk over DZ.

They need a natural blonde, not too tall but not as short as Emme and not as snippy and stern as Emme.

by Anonymousreply 169August 12, 2024 1:29 AM

Emme was terrible as Lulu. A terrible actress all around.

KA should also never act again. Let her stay home with her kid and ugly boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 170August 12, 2024 1:46 AM

[quote]Besides if they're potentially getting rid of MW to bring someone back from the past, they probably can't afford GT.

How much do you all think these people are being paid?

by Anonymousreply 171August 12, 2024 1:53 AM

Terri conn is 49 years old and looks it… Jessica morris looks her age as well. I don’t hate Farrah Fath but she doesn’t look like she used to

by Anonymousreply 172August 12, 2024 1:54 AM

I do love Gina T, she’s too old as well

by Anonymousreply 173August 12, 2024 1:55 AM

Gina T would take any job offered to her, regardless of salary.

by Anonymousreply 174August 12, 2024 2:50 AM

Please noooo. No Bovina as Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 175August 12, 2024 4:17 AM

R171 About $4k per episode and below for many vets that aren't "the stars" with some earning about $2-$3k per episode. Rookies are paid about $1k per episode, until they're initial contracts are up for renewal, when they can renegotiate.

by Anonymousreply 176August 12, 2024 4:42 AM

R169 Agreed that would be a terrible idea. Frank and the network didn't want to bring her back anyway as Britta or Britta's twin.

by Anonymousreply 177August 12, 2024 4:45 AM

R170 Right which is sad because she was great as Lizzie on GL and as Abby on Y&R. She's probably better at playing those type of characters, rich girls with attitudes (well before Abby was reset to a nice girl). Lulu was different when Emme took over, more like Maxie, whereas Julie Marie played her more cynical, sarcastic. Guess the writing can explain that too, but Ron was probably writing to Emme's strengths.

Definitely no to KA as Lulu as well 😆

by Anonymousreply 178August 12, 2024 4:49 AM

Kelly T was great especially with Burton

by Anonymousreply 179August 12, 2024 4:50 AM

R172 Spitballing that's all it was 🤣 none of those seem like Lulu, including the ones in Julie Marie and Emme's age range.

by Anonymousreply 180August 12, 2024 4:51 AM

R173 Not Gina Tognoni as Lulu 😂 as another character if an actress is arriving from OLTL. However the actress from OLTL is more than likely someone they're considering for Lulu, along with Stephanie Gatschet and Emily O'Brien. Pretty sure they're looking at actresses from other soaps, similarly to what Frank did when he was looking for a new Kristina.

by Anonymousreply 181August 12, 2024 4:55 AM

R175 Bovina that's what KA's nickname was wasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 182August 12, 2024 4:58 AM

R179 She was, which is exactly why she can't come back, along with how she left.

by Anonymousreply 183August 12, 2024 4:59 AM

R174 not true. She lives in NJ and doesn’t care for the commute to California. It was hard on her. I’m sure the other soaps reached out after Y&R dropped her. She seems to be doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 184August 12, 2024 12:31 PM

Emme’s Lulu and Kirsten’s Maxie in the same scenes were torture. Both squeaky voiced, valley girl bimbos. Maxie should’ve been recast years ago.

by Anonymousreply 185August 12, 2024 12:34 PM

Does Maxi still have the KFC secret recipe hidden away?

by Anonymousreply 186August 12, 2024 1:03 PM

R184 Isn't she married to a successful businessman? I heard that commuting back and forth to California did take it's toll on her, but she had to work around that to film.

Frank used to be more accommodating with bicoastal actors, however both Roger Howarth & Steve Burton eventually took up second residences in California.

by Anonymousreply 187August 12, 2024 1:28 PM

R185 Some suggested that Emme would've made a better Maxie than Lulu. Frank chose actor over character, as usual; impressed with her run on Y&R, then eventually grew tired of her.

by Anonymousreply 188August 12, 2024 1:30 PM

R186 Think you solved the mystery as to why Maxie gained so much weight; she secretly ate too much homemade KFC.

by Anonymousreply 189August 12, 2024 1:38 PM

Rumored pregnancy coming for yet another character; guesses are either Molly or Sam.

by Anonymousreply 190August 12, 2024 1:40 PM

I'm guessing Molly is pregnant since she and TJ had make up sex recently.

The angst will be when the original surrogate (Gregory Harrison's daughter) pops back up with TJ's baby. That would make for a good storyline. Suddenly TJ is the father of two babies and he and Molly have to deal with the mother of his other baby acting like she's an ex-wife or ex-girlfriend since she isn't giving the baby up to them.

Hopefully it would cause enough problems that it breaks up Molly and TJ as the actors have no chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 191August 12, 2024 1:55 PM

R191 I've actually thought that Molly and TJ's night of passion produced a baby, or that their surrogate is raising their baby unbeknownst to them, yet I didn't think they'd give them two babies essentially 😁 that's a good storyline idea, also something different than the same tried and true surrogacy storylines.

Gregory Harrison's daughter probably would've made a good Lulu; though she doesn't have that extensive soap history that they seem to be primarily looking for. Unless they find someone in auditions who knocks it out the park for them, they're probably going to cast someone previously from soaps, possibly one of the rumored actresses mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 192August 12, 2024 2:18 PM

Yeah, I picture TJ running into OGSurrogate in the park with her bi-racial baby or OGSurrogate running into the GH ER with her sick baby and TJ being on duty...

by Anonymousreply 193August 12, 2024 2:39 PM

Has Monica been on lately?

by Anonymousreply 194August 12, 2024 2:49 PM

R193 Very possible. The way she seemed so eager to be their surrogate, only to tell TJ she miscarried then rushed away, did come off as suspicious, like somehow second-guessing the decision to give up her baby, or at least it led to interpretation that she changed her mind.

by Anonymousreply 195August 12, 2024 3:24 PM

R194 Sadly, no. Leslie isn't in the best health, so she hasn't been on. She could still always make another appearance down the line; they haven't used any temp Monica's in awhile either.

by Anonymousreply 196August 12, 2024 3:28 PM

Blonde Bree as Lulu works for me - I could forget that horror of a character Claudette. As for Gina T yes please but as recast Carly!

by Anonymousreply 197August 12, 2024 4:08 PM

Storms needs to be hired as the Ozempic spokesperson, stat. The speed of her weight loss is shocking.

by Anonymousreply 198August 12, 2024 6:16 PM

Maxie and JJ lucky would be fun - loved their chemistry the last go around.

by Anonymousreply 199August 12, 2024 6:35 PM

Maxie's affair was with Greg Vaughan's Lucky.

by Anonymousreply 200August 12, 2024 7:04 PM

Sure but she interacted with JJ Lucky and they had great chemistry

by Anonymousreply 201August 12, 2024 7:40 PM

Lezzy Charleson is close to death, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 202August 12, 2024 7:50 PM

Why is NLG still on this show? What a waste of money for a non essential character in an age category that’s already over populated.

by Anonymousreply 203August 12, 2024 8:04 PM

Nancy Lee Gash.

by Anonymousreply 204August 12, 2024 8:21 PM

At least she wears panties.

by Anonymousreply 205August 12, 2024 8:53 PM

R204. Period NOT needed at the end of your filth, FUCKER!

by Anonymousreply 206August 12, 2024 11:54 PM

Any vids of Nancy Lee diddling her gash??? Please???

by Anonymousreply 207August 13, 2024 1:22 AM

Nancy Lee Cunt

by Anonymousreply 208August 13, 2024 1:45 AM

I started watching about a month ago and can’t figure out the connection between Laura, Heather and Elizabeth.

How are they related?

by Anonymousreply 209August 13, 2024 1:49 AM

Apparently the whole town is Sonny's kids.

by Anonymousreply 210August 13, 2024 1:51 AM

R209, I was trying to figure that out yesterday. I know that Heather was once married to Elizabeth’s father (before she was born).

by Anonymousreply 211August 13, 2024 1:53 AM

Heather was married to Jeff Webber, Elizabeth's father, many years ago. At the time, Laura was the step-daughter of Jeff's brother, Rick Webber.

by Anonymousreply 212August 13, 2024 2:15 AM

Thanks R212

by Anonymousreply 213August 13, 2024 2:22 AM

Kate Mansi on X reporting that when today's earthquake hit she was in the middle of scene with Chad. Chad tried to guide her under a doorway for safety but she reminded him it was a SET doorway with lights and not a real doorway. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 214August 13, 2024 3:37 AM

Poor Chad. I guess when you have the Dick of Death, you can be pretty or smart, but not both.....

by Anonymousreply 215August 13, 2024 3:56 AM

And to think that horse face Kristen Alderson had that dick of death. Chad is a horn dawg.

by Anonymousreply 216August 13, 2024 8:21 AM

When all the blood rushes to a huge dick, there's less to go to the head.

by Anonymousreply 217August 13, 2024 11:13 AM

R168 Who the hell?

by Anonymousreply 218August 13, 2024 11:50 AM

R218 😆 😆 some fans of hers who want her back on the show. Not anyone at ABC/Disney; if anything KT back as Britta or either Britta's twin, most likely, had they agreed to let her return, however they turned her down.

by Anonymousreply 219August 13, 2024 12:06 PM

R203 Frank probably asked the same thing 🤣 🤣 but the network wants her to stay. Nancy Lee, Genie, Rebecca and even Kelly Monaco to a certain extent are included in their group of most popular actresses on GH. They primarily like to use them to prop lesser popular characters/actors (such as Alley Mills' version of Heather)

by Anonymousreply 220August 13, 2024 12:11 PM

Jane Elliot is also included in the group of most popular actresses.

by Anonymousreply 221August 13, 2024 12:13 PM

*Prop less popular characters/actors, should say at R220

by Anonymousreply 222August 13, 2024 12:14 PM

Heather is so unnecessary and unappealing.

They are wasting resources on her that could be better utilized.

Unless she goes on a killing spree when she gets out and thins out the cast which I doubt they will do. Who would she even kill? Characters that are slated to leave already have their exit storylines in place. A shock killing? Kevin?

by Anonymousreply 223August 13, 2024 12:20 PM

Cody and Lulu?

by Anonymousreply 224August 13, 2024 4:00 PM

Let's see, the new writing regime has Willow back at General Hospital as a nurse; Blaze looks like she's going on tour with Miguel.

The new, new team is resetting the show.

This will take a while to fix something that WASN"T BROKE.

by Anonymousreply 225August 13, 2024 4:03 PM

R225. I'm happy you enjoyed the last regime. Unfortunately, I'm at the opposite end. I think it's so broken that a lot of it can't be glued back together. I don't see how making Willow a nurse is pivotal. I also don't see how Head Nurse Webber can just hire her back or approve that an ex nurse not on staff gives a patient an IV.

by Anonymousreply 226August 13, 2024 6:13 PM

Between Molly's histrionic lawyering and Kristina's aggressive cuntitude, Alexis has been rendered redundant and pointless.

by Anonymousreply 227August 13, 2024 6:40 PM

I have a vision of a lot of storylines being dropped...

by Anonymousreply 228August 13, 2024 7:28 PM

If they were really resetting the show, Natalia would’ve left with Blaze today, Heather would be sent back to Pentonville for good, Jason would remove himself from Carly’s ass and actors viewers are begging to see would be front and center. They’d also do a mass killing event to thin out the cast.

by Anonymousreply 229August 13, 2024 9:16 PM

[quote]If they were really resetting the show, Natalia would’ve left with Blaze today,

Amen to that. Natalia really turned out to be a dud of a character.

by Anonymousreply 230August 13, 2024 9:20 PM

I don't blame Tits LaRue. Natalia was very ill conceived.

by Anonymousreply 231August 13, 2024 9:27 PM

[quote]Tits LaRue

St. Maria of the Push-Up Bra

by Anonymousreply 232August 13, 2024 9:28 PM

TV Insider ranked 15 beloved soaps.

Spoiler alert: GH is NOT No. 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 13, 2024 10:05 PM

I never imagined I could be so annoyed by Dr. Maria Santos but I am. Please make her go away.

And Blaze's exit had better be permanent and not just temporary as is being suggested on X.

I continue to be disappointed at what a dud Jagger actor turned out to be.

Brennan on the other hand is quite charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 234August 13, 2024 10:18 PM

Kristina all but spat in Blaze's face to get rid of her today.

by Anonymousreply 235August 13, 2024 10:27 PM

Please let Blaze stay the fuck away from the show. Terrible actress and character.

by Anonymousreply 236August 14, 2024 1:11 AM

Blaze actress' face looked a little puffy today. Was she crying or drinking or both about her departure?

by Anonymousreply 237August 14, 2024 1:23 AM

The only time I enjoyed the Blaze actress' performance was today when she fired her mom.

by Anonymousreply 238August 14, 2024 1:25 AM

Best part of today's episode was Tracy telling Violet about Quartermaine history. Reminded me of actually GOOD GH storylines.

by Anonymousreply 239August 14, 2024 2:35 AM

Around the rumor mill:

Frisco and Duke are both possibly tied into Lucky's big return story, if the actors are willing to return (Anna's involved, along with Holly, Robert and others); Lucky's African Safari is the show's big fall storyline.

Lindsay Hartley is now under consideration as new Lulu.

Blaze might be out temporarily, but her brother Eloi will be in town soon to keep Natalia occupied.

Brennan knows a huge secret about Jason.

by Anonymousreply 240August 14, 2024 6:04 AM

Another new character in Eloi?! Let's deal with the fairly new ones first please then get brand new ones on our screen.

by Anonymousreply 241August 14, 2024 6:12 AM

R241 Eloi to add to the hot guys quotient

by Anonymousreply 242August 14, 2024 6:31 AM

Oh please.

LH would never be considered for Lulu. Come on.

by Anonymousreply 243August 14, 2024 10:50 AM

R243 It's something that's going around, many names are being mentioned. Although, Frank loves her so much that he wanted her to play Sam permanently, along with her lighter hair and her apparent chemistry with Dominic that fans picked up on.... remember this is the same Frank that cast 39 year old Brooke Anne Smith as a 27 year old Molly. If Rebecca Budig can play Taylor Hayes Forrester on B&B then anything's possible 😁

by Anonymousreply 244August 14, 2024 11:38 AM

These are rumored possibilities for Lulu so far, according to rumors:

Stephanie Gatschet, Emily O'Brien, an actress from OLTL, Lindsay Hartley, someone from another soap or new to daytime. Nicole Paggi, Temp Maxie last year, y showed up to audition for Lulu when they originally wanted to bring her back (while the writers were out striking) before calling everything off. Lulu is expected to be cast by fall.

by Anonymousreply 245August 14, 2024 11:45 AM

Rumor is that Stephanie Gatschet has been cast and starts taping this week.

by Anonymousreply 246August 14, 2024 1:08 PM

That's great news!

by Anonymousreply 247August 14, 2024 1:39 PM

No! I like Lindsay but maybe as a Sam recast if needed. Why is Lulu such a hard role to properly recast?

by Anonymousreply 248August 14, 2024 2:08 PM

Look how much skin Amanda setton is showing!!! Escandaloso

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249August 14, 2024 2:21 PM

GH experiences a bump on ratings last week; the aftermath of Kristina's fall and Morgan talking Sonny off of the ledge.

by Anonymousreply 250August 14, 2024 2:31 PM

*GH experienced a slight bump in the ratings, I should say at R250

by Anonymousreply 251August 14, 2024 2:32 PM

R246 Thanks for sharing this information. Originally, Stephanie was contacted by Frank and they scheduled a meeting together (not sure if it was in person or on Zoom, probably Zoom, like with Kate Mansi). Speculation was that either Kirsten Storms or Stephanie contacted Emme Rylan, which led to her spilling to the media, confirming that those rumors of recasting Lulu were true. Dominic and Emme were both believing that Emme would be back, but that was more of wishful thinking on Emme's part. Since Stephanie had retired from acting awhile ago, other names were mentioned as replacements, if by chance Stephanie turned them down, since she's apparently their first choice.

by Anonymousreply 252August 14, 2024 2:36 PM

R248 They want some sort of "big name" from soap history, like they did with Mansi, not just a newcomer to soaps. Part of that reasoning is to hopefully draw on viewers from their previous soap.

by Anonymousreply 253August 14, 2024 2:40 PM

Well if Stephanie Gatschet is on board, then what's Kaley Cuoco's baby daddy up to? Maybe he can also join GH and Stephanie, Snarly and he can have a reunion. I never watched GL but I've seen enough clips on youtube to know who they are. Or is he relaxing and enjoying all the Big Bang money?

I bet Stephanie brings more of a ratings bump than Burton did...

I didn't realize DZ was team Emme. I expect more passive aggressive tweets from Emme when Stephanie is announced. Does Emme's boyfriend not have a job? Another soap house husband?

by Anonymousreply 254August 14, 2024 2:41 PM

R248 Couldn't see Lindsay Hartley nor Emily O'Brien for that matter as Lulu either. Their names were backups, similar to anyone from OLTL they were considering.

by Anonymousreply 255August 14, 2024 2:55 PM

R254 😁 Well Tom Pelphrey is primarily living off of Kaley Cuoco's Big Bang big bucks, among her other income streams. However, he has a role on an Amazon Prime series, Outer Range. What's interesting is that Kaley still looks the same, while Tommy seems to be suffering from Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome, which is sad especially since Kaley is only roughly three years younger than him, yet he looks much older now. Wonder if being a father is tiring him out?

Dominic is actually more team storyline; him and Emme had actually stopped following each other at one point, until Emme thought that she was on her way back to GH; so my fault for not clarifying that he really isn't as team Emme as she would probably want him to be; if anyone is team Emme the most, it's Kirsten. Dominic, however, has enjoyed working with Kelly Monaco, so now they'll have to deal with an inevitable triangle, which both didn't seem too thrilled about at FCW, but Dominic was more receptive than Monaco. Emme's man Don Money is still employed as an editor, most recently editing movies for Tubi. Emme herself is continuing to audition for other roles, while also partaking in being a stage mom to her children who are up and coming actors.

by Anonymousreply 256August 14, 2024 3:09 PM

R249 Speaking of days in hist:6120ory, GH repeated it's own:5

August 1st, 2022 Ava tussles with a pregnant Emme, who goes over the paraphet.

August 1st, 2024 Ava argues with a pregnant Kristina, who falls out of a window.

by Anonymousreply 257August 14, 2024 3:17 PM

*Speaking of days in history, GH repeated it's own on August 1st

by Anonymousreply 258August 14, 2024 3:19 PM

*Speaking of days in history, GH repeated it's own on August 1st:

August 1st, 2022: Ava tussles with a pregnant Esme, who goes over the paraphet.

August 1st, 2024: Ava argues with a pregnant Kristina, who falls out of a window.

by Anonymousreply 259August 14, 2024 3:21 PM

Apologies for having to redo the message more than once 😁

by Anonymousreply 260August 14, 2024 3:23 PM

Ding dong that witch Blaze is gone!!!!! Thank you Frank!!!

by Anonymousreply 261August 14, 2024 4:26 PM

I like Emily O'Brien as an actress. Very talented. But she looked bad in the blonde wig they had her wearing as Teresa. on Days That blonde wig was so distracting, pulled the entire storyline down. Also, O'Brien's skin coloring doesn't really work for blonde. In fact, they had Leon Stark comment on that very thing in a wink to the audience.

Similarly, I don't think Lindsey Hartley would look good in a blonde wig or with a blonde dye job. Her skin tone just isn't going to work with blonde.

Now, when Lindsey subbed as Sam a while back, it was like a breath of fresh air. The Sam character suddenly had life, energy and enthusiasm. I completely support recasting Sam with Lindsey. But as much as I like Lindsey as an actress, I can't see her working as Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 262August 14, 2024 5:33 PM

The rumors were true about Jacqueline Grace Lopez, she was blindsided by her firing. Many of us called it on here, that she would be out. Kate Mansi seemed to become cordial with her all of a sudden; now some are saying Frank fired Jacqueline to appease Kate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263August 14, 2024 6:35 PM

Jacqueline was a cunt through and through. It’s her own fault she was fired. Good choice Frank! Dump the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 264August 14, 2024 7:01 PM

R254, don’t you think Tom Pelphrey is doing pretty well on his own? I doubt he’s coasting on Cuoco’s Big Bang money.

by Anonymousreply 265August 14, 2024 7:17 PM

Whether FV did it to appease Kate or not, they had no chemistry and their disdain for one another wasn't going to help sell the pairing.

Now get rid of her bimbo mother with her tits hanging out all the time and her stupid giggle.

by Anonymousreply 266August 14, 2024 7:26 PM

Yeah, if they want to save some money, Eva LaRue is the first person they should be looking at.

An irritating character that has no purpose on the show now that Blaze is gone.

by Anonymousreply 267August 14, 2024 7:57 PM

R266 R267 Newest rumor has Frank apparently willing to throw big bucks at Eva LaRue to stay. Natalia also has a "deep dark secret" that will be revealed, possibly the true paternity of her son, Eloi.

by Anonymousreply 268August 14, 2024 8:00 PM

However, the network can always override Frank, if they see Eva/Natalia as more of a liability than a necessity.

by Anonymousreply 269August 14, 2024 8:01 PM

My friend Julie thought putting Chad, who's shape and pallor are reminiscent of Elmer's glue, in that formless, colorless shirt today would look smashing.

by Anonymousreply 270August 14, 2024 8:07 PM

If Eloi is as "exciting" a character as Gio, then I'll likely fall asleep during his scenes.

Gio has been a complete letdown. They hyped him way too much and he's no where living up to the hype.

by Anonymousreply 271August 14, 2024 8:22 PM

Frank's priorities as to who to throw money at are stupid.

Don't' care about Eloi's paternity any more than I care about Giolin's.

Who on canvas would it be shocking to turn out to be either of their father? And so what, who cares. Big whoop.

Spawn of some dead character? About as exciting as Doctor Gatlin-Holt when the parent is DEAD,

by Anonymousreply 272August 14, 2024 8:28 PM

Dump Tits LaRue and save big bucks.

by Anonymousreply 273August 14, 2024 9:04 PM

[quote]The rumors were true about Jacqueline Grace Lopez, she was blindsided by her firing.

So they got rid of the gay couple. OK then.

by Anonymousreply 274August 14, 2024 10:28 PM

Maybe Lopez shouldn’t have marched into the show thinking that she was the star. She might still have a job had she not been such a bitch to Kate. And she’s not even very talented.

by Anonymousreply 275August 14, 2024 11:17 PM

R271. And summer is over in 4 weeks and STILL no shirtless Giolin! Oh, it's a cruel, cruel summer.

by Anonymousreply 276August 14, 2024 11:34 PM

By all accounts, JGL was a sweetheart on set and was oh good terms with cast annd crew. Only the Mansi fans made her out to be a bitch. I wasn’t a Blaze fan and didn’t think she was the best actress but it must suck to be not only blindsided but to have the characters homophobic mother stay on. PLUS they’re bringing on more family for Natalia. That’s really shitty.

Also, those Stephanie Gaschet rumors started on Daytime Dish but suddenly our resident insider knows about Zoom calls between her and Frank.

by Anonymousreply 277August 15, 2024 12:16 AM

I have a feeling Eva LaRue is going to become the next Roger Howarth/Michael Easton/Wes Ramsey.

Despised like Wes Ramsey and kept around for 4+ years anyway and given multiple ill-conceived characters to try and make work. Frank really does dig in his heel and refuse to budge when a character/actor he is invested in isn't liked. He obvious wasn't invested in Blaze or her portrayer.

by Anonymousreply 278August 15, 2024 12:31 AM

ABC no longer cares so they won’t step in. His actor hoarding has gone one for far too long. The more the audience vocally hates his pets, the more story and airtime he gives them. Natalia and her son that’s due in town soon supposedly have a huge story coming up.

by Anonymousreply 279August 15, 2024 12:41 AM

Yikes, just saw Tom Pelphrey on the daily mail, he looks awful and old.

He and Kaley are engaged. Maybe the third time will be the charm for Kaley.

by Anonymousreply 280August 15, 2024 1:08 AM

R270 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 281August 15, 2024 1:11 AM

R272 Lorenzo Alcazar as Eloi's father, or another long lost enemy of Sonny's?

by Anonymousreply 282August 15, 2024 1:12 AM

R274 Well basically

by Anonymousreply 283August 15, 2024 1:13 AM

R276 😂

by Anonymousreply 284August 15, 2024 1:14 AM

Why on earth is Frank Valentini still employed? That ‘he can manage the budget’ shit is so ridiculous. NO ONE else in this world can manage a soap opera budget except Frank Valentini??? Fuck that reasoning. That’s bullshit. As a gay man himself, he’s doing a disservice to the LGBTQ+ folks. Fuck off Valentini.

by Anonymousreply 285August 15, 2024 1:16 AM

R277 She might've got along with many there, however that doesn't change the fact that Kate Mansi couldn't stand her.

Also, Stephanie Gatschet was the first person I mentioned in the running for Lulu a short while ago. I stated that there was a meeting between Frank and Stephanie, however I didn't specifically say for sure that it was in person or Zoom because I don't know, so it's not all of a sudden.

by Anonymousreply 286August 15, 2024 1:17 AM

R278 I think you're right. That's true about Frank; he'll absolutely double down when he knows that there's a character the fans can't stand, pretty much as a big F.U. to the audience.

by Anonymousreply 287August 15, 2024 1:26 AM

R280 Didn't her first husband, a semi-pro tennis player, she her for spousal support? Did her second spouse want some of her money too?

by Anonymousreply 288August 15, 2024 1:28 AM

Genie apparently wants all three of Laura's kids back onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 289August 15, 2024 1:29 AM

Maybe Frank has focus group testing that shows that Natalia needs to stay. Wouldn't be the first time focus groups determine story on this show.

by Anonymousreply 290August 15, 2024 1:29 AM

I wonder who Genie wants as Nik....

by Anonymousreply 291August 15, 2024 1:31 AM

R285 Great point. You know what's ironic, The Gates will have what six or seven Executive Producers, but yet GH is holding on to the same one.

by Anonymousreply 292August 15, 2024 1:31 AM

R290 Oh you're probably right, I forgot about the Frau's that typically make up those focus groups. The same Frau's that were fans of All My Children more than likely and are usually homophobic. Frank obviously loved her on AMC too.

by Anonymousreply 293August 15, 2024 1:34 AM

R291 She probably doesn't mind Adam Huss, nor a recast Lulu. I do believe she has a preference for Jonathan Jackson, though Greg Vaughan (who Becky Herbst preferred back) should've been fine with her too. Personally, I'm wondering if she's bored with the domesticated Kevin and Baby Ace story, along with now babysitting Heather.

by Anonymousreply 294August 15, 2024 1:37 AM

Julie Marie Berman absolutely refuses to come back, which is why I'm thinking she'll be fine with a Lulu recast.

by Anonymousreply 295August 15, 2024 1:38 AM

Oh no! The Cuntness Dumbatellall is melting down because of Blaze getting kicked in the cunt out the door! Good fucking riddance Blaze!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 296August 15, 2024 1:47 AM

[quote]Genie apparently wants all three of Laura's kids back onscreen.

Who can blame her? Hard to be a matriarch of the show when you don't have relatives in town.

Laura's only had her grandson Ace on in the past 6 month. And Ace has been off-screen during almost that entire period. Only time we've seen Ace is in the photos Laura shows Heather.

by Anonymousreply 297August 15, 2024 1:50 AM

R297 True. Ace really hasn't been onscreen for that long? I saw him in the photographs. If anything, they'll trot Ace out eventually for a friendly visit with his Grandmother Heather. They're peddling this Heather redemption story pretty hard.

by Anonymousreply 298August 15, 2024 1:58 AM

Do any of you guys think they'll bring Jackie back, or they'll just recast Blaze? I'm not advocating for her to return btw.

by Anonymousreply 299August 15, 2024 2:00 AM

Kristina will probably fall for Eloi, imho

by Anonymousreply 300August 15, 2024 2:01 AM

What happened to Kentucky Fried Tad?

by Anonymousreply 301August 15, 2024 2:32 AM

Kate Mansi did herself no favors with her defense of Perez Hilton.

Tide has turned against her too.

by Anonymousreply 302August 15, 2024 2:35 AM

Highly doubt GH is still using focus groups. I remember an interview with Jackie Zeman during the Guza years where she talked about how TPTB slanted the material and information fed to the focus groups. It explained a lot.

by Anonymousreply 303August 15, 2024 2:57 AM

R299 Jackie is gone. Thank you god. Karma got her. Bye bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 304August 15, 2024 3:00 AM

Giolin is the worst fucking actor - that scene today at breakfast was dreadful. What is the point? He has been on all summer long and has absolutely no story. They should have ended his stay even before Blaze.

by Anonymousreply 305August 15, 2024 3:34 AM

I'm surprised his shirt hasn't been off yet; you'd think they'd send him to the gym or Evan would take him.

Guys -- especially his age -- can see changes FAST with diet and exercise

by Anonymousreply 306August 15, 2024 4:05 AM

I'm glad Sonny and Jason are buddies again.

by Anonymousreply 307August 15, 2024 4:26 AM

Why does Sonny need to buy Tits LaRue's way into Deception? Isn't there someplace else where her cleavage could be utilized?

by Anonymousreply 308August 15, 2024 5:44 AM

[quote]The rumors were true about Jacqueline Grace Lopez, she was blindsided by her firing.

How does that work? If her contract was up wouldn't she'd know there was trouble because her agent would be negotiating, but being blind sided means they just call her in and say you're done? Do they have to pay off her contract?

by Anonymousreply 309August 15, 2024 10:15 AM

Lopez is lying to save face. She absolutely knew. Plus, they give the actors their tape dates a couple to a few weeks ahead of time. She couldn’t figure it out when she had no upcoming tape dates??? Dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 310August 15, 2024 10:26 AM

Lopez wasn't on contract.

I still say she's going to make a stink about it and not go quietly.

by Anonymousreply 311August 15, 2024 12:34 PM

[quote]How does that work? If her contract was up wouldn't she'd know there was trouble because her agent would be negotiating

Unless she signed a 2 year contract and wasn't expecting them to not pick up her option after a 13 week cycle.

by Anonymousreply 312August 15, 2024 12:36 PM

Actors who "make a stink" when they are leaving establish a reputation that doesn't serve them well with casting directors. On social media she has departed graciously, which was wise. She's not a good actress, but she's beautiful and might develop talent for acting over time. Performers, like anyone else, do not like to be fired. It's hard to not to express your negative feelings via social media when it is so tempting. But a good agent will tell you not to, to share your feelings with only your close personal friends, and leave graciously. Try to play the long game.

by Anonymousreply 313August 15, 2024 12:58 PM

Acting on soaps these days is a very quick one-take only process. These days, letting a newbie go is more likely they couldn't keep up with the shooting pace.

A newbie might be able to deliver a great audition, but no one knows and they might not be able to consistenly deliver in the show's high pressure shooting schedule. We get the see the best that they are able to offer, but we don't know how much extra work it took for them to be able to get through that scene.

by Anonymousreply 314August 15, 2024 1:34 PM

R309 If Jacqueline actually had a contract, she would've known ahead of time; it could be anywhere from six weeks to six months when the actors that have contracts find out. Since she was recurring, she could be fired anytime without having to pay her for the remainder of a contract cycle.

by Anonymousreply 315August 15, 2024 1:55 PM

[quote]She's not a good actress, but she's beautiful and might develop talent for acting over time.

Well she did well in her last scene firing her Mom. Maybe it wasn't acting but she looked really pissed.

by Anonymousreply 316August 15, 2024 3:37 PM

GH COMMENT LINE: (323) 671-4583

I dare a DLer to call!

by Anonymousreply 317August 15, 2024 4:40 PM

Let’s fly a protest plane over the studio. That always works.

by Anonymousreply 318August 15, 2024 4:49 PM

What are we protesting? I protest that sorry ass park in the middle of Echo Park, which looks nothing like upstate New York.

by Anonymousreply 319August 15, 2024 4:51 PM

All those adults should be charged for not noticing that brat leave the park.

by Anonymousreply 320August 15, 2024 5:18 PM

And, oh, thank God, Mac will "allow" James to train with Cody again. Get bent, Mr. Scorpio. And Maxie, learn how to parent.

by Anonymousreply 321August 15, 2024 5:23 PM

Glad to hear this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322August 15, 2024 6:47 PM

R322. Yes! That's wonderful news!

by Anonymousreply 323August 15, 2024 6:59 PM

That makes me miss Brando. And Gladys. And Selina Wu. And Cyrus. And Harmony. And Cam. And Julian. And Lucas. And Obrecht. And ...

by Anonymousreply 324August 15, 2024 7:40 PM

Britta. And Brad. And Shiloh. And...

by Anonymousreply 325August 15, 2024 7:47 PM

That krazy Kuntessa Dumbasstella is organizing a hashtag protest tomorrow. It’s a waste of time. The crazy moron wants Valentini to rehire that awful Blaze actress. It’ll never happen.

by Anonymousreply 326August 15, 2024 8:13 PM

Kate Mansi bickering on X about Kristina's sexuality.

Kate stands firm Kristina is Bi.

Viewers saying Kristina said in Perez Hilton interview she is "out and gay".

It started with someone saying they better not have Kristina in a relationship with a man next. That's when Kate jumped into the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 327August 15, 2024 11:03 PM

Wow. Is Kate getting social media training from Snaggletooth and Chuck Me Sure? Her jumping in all but verifies that they are teaming her with some cock by the end of the year. I say either Lucky or Eloi.

by Anonymousreply 328August 15, 2024 11:22 PM

Looks like NAC will be back on our screens earlier than we thought, with Ryan Murphy’s Grotesquerie (which he shot after Monsters) slated to premiere on 9/25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329August 16, 2024 8:45 AM

What the hell are they doing with Jason? What another botched return…why are TPTB afraid to go there with the Jason Q memories or even give him a love interest? At the very least explore the Liz or Sam angle? Why. Other having expensive SB back and not use his leading man status and reignite popular pairings?

by Anonymousreply 330August 16, 2024 2:40 PM

Four arrested in murder of Johnny Wactor. I'll spare you the link:

Search warrants were executed by the Los Angeles Police Department and the following suspects were arrested:

Robert Barceleau, 18, of Huntington Park

Leonel Gutierrez, 18, of Los Angeles County

Sergio Estrada, 18, of Los Angeles County

Frank Olano, 22, of Inglewood

Barceleau, Gutierrez and Estrada were booked on suspicion of murder while Olano is believed to have been an accessory to the crime.

by Anonymousreply 331August 16, 2024 3:29 PM

A 25-year-old figure skater was murdered when he chased after hoodlums who stole the mirrors off his car in 2018 (when he came up on them when he went to get in his car.) This was in the city of Almaty, Kazakhstan (where he was from.) He was such an adorable twink! Only 25. His name was Denis Ten. They created a tennis competition to honor him, the Denis Ten Memorial.

What is it with boys and car parts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332August 16, 2024 4:19 PM

Kate Mansi continues to be dragged on X. People posting about how much they love Lexi and photos of Lexi and calling Kate "dead behind the eyes" all because Kate insists her character is bi.

Kate is now ignoring them and countering with posts about how she started a "gratitude journal" yesterday and today she is grateful for her father who she called at 4:00 a.m. after having a bad day at work. I wonder if "bad day at work" is code for bad day on X.

by Anonymousreply 333August 16, 2024 4:27 PM

I can't stand when these cunts think they have agency over characters created by others, originated by others, written for by others. Mansi should say the words written for her, cash the paycheck, and shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 334August 16, 2024 5:12 PM

Kate needs to delete her account at this point.

I liked her until she started cheerleading Perez Hilton. I don't know if that was of her own doing or she was asked to do it by TPTB but she could have declined with a simple "I'm not comfortable with that" and just remained silent on the matter on social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335August 16, 2024 5:25 PM

I'll be honest. I was enjoying Mansi up until she tried to fly out the window. Her delusion of raising the baby was VERY Kristina....selfish, nearsighted, and entitled. This bitch in the bed who dumped Blaze looked more like Linda Blair in the Exorcist. Just really poor character development. Now, in real life, the actress isn't helping things by trying to rewrite history.

by Anonymousreply 336August 16, 2024 6:03 PM

R333. "A bad day at work" at GH is any day you have scenes with Kelly Monaco...

by Anonymousreply 337August 16, 2024 6:15 PM

Kate - until you say you hated the cunt who played Blaze - shut the fuck up!!

by Anonymousreply 338August 17, 2024 12:30 AM

Photos on an IG generalhospitalnews account of what looks like Blaze actress' last day (same clothes her character was wearing).

Photos of her hugging Steve, Mo, Genie, Taj and goofing around with Tanisha. A couple of what looks like crew, Jane got in on one of the crew photos. None with Eva or Kate or any of her Deception scene partners.

One on her own IG with Josh where she thanks him, Dan and Amanda for taking her in without question. Who is Dan?

by Anonymousreply 339August 17, 2024 12:38 AM

slight change of subject but does anyone else find the relationship between James and Cody adorable?

he's a little boy with no dad, he wants -- needs -- someone to look up to and who better than Cody who has big arms and big pecs?

the behind the scenes footage with the water tank and the guys going in it was cute; that's the type of thing that used to run in the soap mags. no wonder they're all gone. The shows can do all that stuff on their social accounts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340August 17, 2024 4:22 AM

Anyone who didn’t actually work with the Blaze actress was hugging her. Those who worked with her, however were too busy partying.

by Anonymousreply 341August 17, 2024 5:58 AM

R339 Only Dan that comes to mind is former co-head writer Dan O'Connor, since he created and developed Blaze (along with Chris Van Etten).

by Anonymousreply 342August 17, 2024 7:22 AM

R340 Agreed, their bond is pretty cute.

Internet (along with Reality TV) definitely seemed to drive down sales of former soap magazines, combined with audiences tuning out in droves during the early 2000's. Even though OJ started the whole depletion of soap ratings with his trial, soaps and even the magazines were still a big thing in the 1990's.

by Anonymousreply 343August 17, 2024 7:28 AM

Kate Mansi channeling her inner Nancy Lee Grahn 😁 but she's actually always been this way, she's very outspoken and opinionated. She was told upfront that Kristina was bi-sexual; her initial excitement upon accepting the part derived from an opportunity to play those angles, along with Molly's endometriosis/infertility issues.

Jacqueline actually isn't the only person that Kate didn't particularly care for; she's not exactly a fan of Tabyana Ali either. Tabyana and Jacqueline being practically best friends on set was probably good for containment purposes in Kate's eyes, avoiding them both simultaneously.

by Anonymousreply 344August 17, 2024 7:52 AM

Before anyone groans me or says that Kate reposted those anti-racism messages defending Tabyana, that just means that Kate isn't racist and doesn't stand for intolerance. Personally, she doesn't particularly care for Tabyana, especially not in the same manner as many of the other actresses there she has become close with.

by Anonymousreply 345August 17, 2024 7:59 AM

Tabyana is another one who can leave. Horrid actress.

by Anonymousreply 346August 17, 2024 8:00 AM

R346 😆 Tabyana's contract is actually up in about six months

by Anonymousreply 347August 17, 2024 8:07 AM

How do people here know who Kate likes or doesn’t and others too!

by Anonymousreply 348August 17, 2024 12:25 PM

Tabyana couldn’t seem like a bigger sweetheart; that sounds like a Kate problem if true.

by Anonymousreply 349August 17, 2024 12:29 PM

[quote]How do people here know who Kate likes or doesn’t and others too!

They tell them through the TV!

by Anonymousreply 350August 17, 2024 1:39 PM

R349 I'll clarify because I actually like Kate. Not to keep piling on Jacqueline either but Tabyana seemed to be a little too close to Jacqueline for Kate's comfort, so it was more guilty by association. Tabyana joined in early 2022 while Jacqueline joined towards the end of 2022 and they've been close ever since. Kate couldn't stand working with Jacqueline, even though some still find that hard to believe. Kate only warmed up to Jacqueline once she was rumored out. Now that Jacqueline is officially out, Kate could probably get to know Tabyana better without her and Jacqueline being joined at the hip.

by Anonymousreply 351August 17, 2024 2:00 PM

There's also been a couple of instances at public events where Kate was cordial with Tabyana, when Jacqueline wasn't around.

by Anonymousreply 352August 17, 2024 2:06 PM

Wasn't there some luncheon hosted by Tabyana where Jacqueline was in attendance along with the actress who plays Hope on B&B? Or maybe it wasn't hosted by Tabyana and just a lunch they all attended.

by Anonymousreply 353August 17, 2024 2:14 PM

Tabyana is sweet btw but R346 is correct she's not exactly a good actress, particularly with anger/grief

by Anonymousreply 354August 17, 2024 2:16 PM

R353 There sure was with Tabyana, Jacqueline, Eden McCoy, Avery Pohl, Annika Noelle from B&B

by Anonymousreply 355August 17, 2024 2:18 PM

I will admit that I have never understood the popularity of Tabyana. I guess a part of it is representation or maybe the storyline with the Spencer character, but the first Trina was a lot more interesting, but she got out of there with quickness.

Kate Mansi has settled into the GH behind-the-scenes dysfunction quite nicely. But she must be reminded that GH and Days fans are totally different animals. They are both crazy in their own ways, but GH fans are a special kind of crazy.

by Anonymousreply 356August 17, 2024 3:45 PM

I don’t believe that Tabyana is popular.

by Anonymousreply 357August 17, 2024 3:48 PM

Would love the last Trina to come back. Never got the appeal of Tabyana’s version.

by Anonymousreply 358August 17, 2024 3:53 PM

I don't think the Trina actress is a good actress and hasn't improved over time.

Her voice also really annoys me but I have a thing about voices. I couldn't stand Michael Easton's voice either. Currently Trina, Sasha, Felicia and Snarly's voices annoy me. Snarly's laugh too.

I know Sasha actress is Swedish and English is her second language but the vocal fry/valley girl combo really grates. Pretty though and now they are calling Sasha a "Chef", 🤣

by Anonymousreply 359August 17, 2024 3:58 PM

Previews For Next Week:

Monday, August 19th, 2024

Laura is in for a shock.

Dante gets alarming news.

Jason confronts Anna.

Jagger goads Sonny.

Alexis springs to action.

Tuesday, August 20th, 2024

Sonny makes a promise to Kristina.

Kevin and Laura strategize.

Jagger loses his cool.

Dante opens up to Sam.

Nina and Ava have an honest talk.

Wednesday, August 21st, 2024

Trina challenges Ava.

Alexis tries to keep the peace.

Molly makes a shocking discovery.

Sonny shares a theory with Jason.

Anna issues a warning.

Thursday, August 22nd, 2024

Molly receives much-needed support.

Sonny makes an offer to Ava.

Josslyn and Trina try to resolve their differences.

Kristina goes too far.

Maxie questions Natalia.

Friday, August 23rd, 2024

Laura and Elizabeth commiserate.

Dante confides in Chase.

Lois is rattled.

Molly makes a vow.

Sam is taken aback.

by Anonymousreply 360August 17, 2024 4:24 PM

Any possibility we will see NuLulu when Laura is "shocked" next week?

Whenever NuLulu does show up, I hope she decides Lulu is a silly name for an adult and decides to go by Leslie.

Are Laura and Liz commiserating about Lucky's circumstances? Otherwise, I wouldn't mind if Heather kicked the bucket...

by Anonymousreply 361August 17, 2024 4:29 PM

Jeez all these actors not getting along with each other. It's a regular soap opera over there.

by Anonymousreply 362August 17, 2024 4:31 PM

I can't decide whether or not Josh Kelly is sexy. On OLTL, he was magnetic but now -- I kind of like the pecs, but they seem somehow overwrought. May I also say, regarding Cody, that going from hero saving James, to his hug with Mac (finally!), to his making out with Sascha seemed a little too quick. From hero to horny? Too much in one episode.

by Anonymousreply 363August 17, 2024 4:40 PM

I've lost track of who are meant to be the "good guys" on this program. John Cates is an FBI agent who is driven by the desire for revenge against Sonny (although he seemed to have been able to live with his anger for, what, the twenty years since we've seen the character?). Anna, the chief of police, just encouraged a criminal to escape abroad after having slept with him and gathered evidence illegally. Sonny and Jason mete out their own justice with guns and fists, with blatant disregard for the law, justifying it as valuing "loyalty" and "family." What is the WSB, anyway, and what is it striving for? The WSB seems to be deeply involved in illegal arms shipment and employs criminals like Valentin and Jack Brennan. So who are the "good guys" on this program? Maybe just Chase and Dante (who has made some shady judgments himself in the past). It's a problem when a program glorifies both corrupt officers of the law and mobsters. Apart from the fact that it makes for bad TV, it's also a very sad way to depict right and wrong, and promotes a deeply insidious message that might makes right.

by Anonymousreply 364August 17, 2024 4:47 PM

Mama NLG to Kate Mansi's defense!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365August 17, 2024 4:56 PM

Oh shut up Nancy. Hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 366August 17, 2024 6:39 PM

Who is Snarly Jr.'s guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367August 17, 2024 9:14 PM

R367 Jonathan Heit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368August 17, 2024 9:28 PM

I'm not one to slut shame... but you go, Eden. What number is this guy?

by Anonymousreply 369August 17, 2024 9:32 PM

I think fans are going to start going out for that walk around 2 PM PT and 3 PM in select markets.

by Anonymousreply 370August 17, 2024 11:50 PM

Eden sure does spread her legs for many men!

by Anonymousreply 371August 18, 2024 12:27 AM

R370. FUCK YOU!

by Anonymousreply 372August 18, 2024 12:27 AM

R369 Since she's been on GH? Number 6, on record.

Brian Dennis (2016-2018)

William Lipton (2018)

(Older Guy- Rumored Sugar Daddy) (2019- off/on throughout the pandemic)

Jose San Martin (2022-2023)

Evan Hofer (2023-2024)

Jonathan Heit (2024-

by Anonymousreply 373August 18, 2024 12:45 AM

Evan Hofer. Gay as a goose.

by Anonymousreply 374August 18, 2024 12:49 AM

Is Willie Lipton legal age yet? One can dream...

by Anonymousreply 375August 18, 2024 1:30 AM

C'mon -- if she were a guy this would be unremarkable. Let's let it go.

by Anonymousreply 376August 18, 2024 1:57 AM

R375 Very legal. He's 21.

by Anonymousreply 377August 18, 2024 3:11 AM

R376 For what it's worth, most/practically all the guys Eden dated were "just a friend" until things turned to more of a romance.

by Anonymousreply 378August 18, 2024 3:19 AM

Correction at R373 Eden was still with William in 2019. The older guy came afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 379August 18, 2024 4:38 AM

Didn't know she fucked William Lipton. Good for her. Nothing but respect. Glad that she's not allowing her pussy to go to waste. Is the guy who plays Gio, next? I hope she gets to try out that Josh Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 380August 18, 2024 4:52 AM

R380 Giovanni could be on her to do list 😁😁 probably Josh too whenever Chloe no longer has him

by Anonymousreply 381August 18, 2024 5:08 AM

The Slut of Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 382August 18, 2024 8:36 AM

[quote]Evan Hofer. Gay as a goose.

He does ping but he's so pretty. I'm just surprised he has such a fabulous hairy chest. Most guys his age are terrified of showing body hair.

by Anonymousreply 383August 18, 2024 9:59 AM

R382 Like mother, like daughter. How's Marah btw?

by Anonymousreply 384August 18, 2024 12:01 PM

R383 Evan is pretty and he has personality to match.

by Anonymousreply 385August 18, 2024 12:04 PM

R356 Kate definitely became accustomed to the dysfunction corporation otherwise known as GH. GH fans are definitely another kind of crazy than DOOL; there were more back and forth disagreements between Kate and the fans this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 386August 18, 2024 12:15 PM

R361 It might be too soon for Lulu to wake up, unless they pulled a Michelle Stafford and had the actress tape secretly to surprise the audience (presumably Stephanie Gatschet, though that's only if she agreed to take the role; if not, it's back to the drawing board)

Laura & Elizabeth commiserating will be over Lucky, more than likely. 😁 Heather's here to stay; this redemption arc is scheduled to reintroduce her back into Port Charles: society, possibly with a love interest in Cyrus (unless that's now off the table). Alley Mills being offered a contract at B&B will be the only way to get her off of GH at this point. Other than that, she'll continue to have permission to do double duty on both shows (though Pam is hardly ever on B&B anymore; last week she was there when Danny Romalotti and Christine "Cricket" Blair were in town)

by Anonymousreply 387August 18, 2024 12:26 PM

R351, fascinating.

Did you learn this in between homeroom and social studies?

Seriously, how junior high school can actors be.

by Anonymousreply 388August 18, 2024 3:14 PM

What would we call Kristina Wagner's style of acting...not being mean but she's been on the show on and off for 40 years and I still don't know what she's to convey.

by Anonymousreply 389August 18, 2024 6:13 PM

In the case of Kristina Wagner, I think we love her and want to watch her for sentimental reasons, not because she's a great actress. We've pretty much watched her grow up and we feel protective of her.

by Anonymousreply 390August 18, 2024 9:15 PM

I think Kristina’s “not Barbara Jean’s heart…” is one of the most shattering line deliveries in the history of filmed drama, up there with Meryl in Sophie’s Choice.

by Anonymousreply 391August 18, 2024 10:44 PM

Oh good lord. Kristina Wagner’s squeaky voice grates on me 40 years later! Thank the lord she’s on very minimally. Keep her and Aunt Stella off the screen!!!

by Anonymousreply 392August 18, 2024 11:14 PM

Kristina came to GH when the show was looking for a blond ingenue to help replace the void left by Genie Francis.

Laura Templeton had failed to do that. As had Lou Swenson and Kathy Summers (who came from the same orphanage Monica did -- she was probably going to be her daughter).

So here we have Felicia who has some kind of "it" quality and the pairing with Frisco Jones works. So, she's had a nice long run on and off; It was on for a long time. Then off and now it's on.

I loved that Felicia chose Mac over Frisco. Frisco's the guy you fcuk and Mac's the man you marry.

I didn't like her pairing with Luke; one time, Laura came over to see Mac and when Felicia showed up Laura snarked on her way out, "Hey, Felicia. When you see Luke, tell him LAURA SAYS HI!"

I still don't know what Kristina was playing in that scene. it took place, I recall, in Mac and Felicia's home, which was previously occupied by the Webbers. Laura had returned to the home she lived in from like 14 to 17 and there was no mention of it. A case of the writers not knowing the history.

by Anonymousreply 393August 18, 2024 11:25 PM

Gotta love the cunt who played Blaze posted a pic of Frank Valentini hugging her. Bitch - he FIRED you! lololololol He wanted you gone.

by Anonymousreply 394August 18, 2024 11:43 PM

R393 Kathy Summers, wow never heard of that character or actress Lisa Lindgren until now. She's reminiscent of Alicia Leigh Willis, from the pictures taken back then. Monica's daughter possibly before the revolving door of Dawn Winthrop Ashton's?

by Anonymousreply 395August 18, 2024 11:58 PM

R388 Actually no, it was more like in between 6th and 7th periods, in the locker room. Does that answer your question?

by Anonymousreply 396August 19, 2024 12:01 AM

r395, I had forgotten about her too despite being a daily viewer back then; she was brought on with great fanfare but then was a dud.

by Anonymousreply 397August 19, 2024 2:48 AM

I don't get the hate for Blaze; perhaps she was on social media too much acting like she was a vet or something.

Back in the day, soap actors had to be on for 6 months or so before they'd get a full 4 pp feature in a soap mag. Now, it's all out of control.

by Anonymousreply 398August 19, 2024 2:49 AM

R398 Fame went to her head. Being grateful for a job is one thing, but she took it to another level.

by Anonymousreply 399August 19, 2024 8:17 AM

R398 That's true about the features in magazines. These days they'll elevate a new actor shortly after their debut.

by Anonymousreply 400August 19, 2024 8:19 AM

Something's wrong with Lulu, that's the spoiler regarding Laura airing this week.

by Anonymousreply 401August 19, 2024 8:32 AM

The Blaze actress thought SHE was the STAR of GH. Her ass got shown the door by Miss Frank. God awful actress, whatever her name is.

by Anonymousreply 402August 19, 2024 9:29 AM

Kristen Vaganos moonlighting in a play, Human Error, at the Rogue Theater in Los Angeles; GH co-stars were there in attendance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403August 19, 2024 12:42 PM

*The Rogue Machine Theater

by Anonymousreply 404August 19, 2024 12:43 PM

Aww, Kristen's new tv dad came to support her. Along with her tv husband, tv sister and tv mother-in-law. That's really nice.

Who in the group is Giolin close to? Or just making sure he's supportive and seen?

by Anonymousreply 405August 19, 2024 12:55 PM

R405 Giolin 😁 😁 out of this particular group, Kate Mansi since debuting, now Kristen and Tajh are close to him as well.

by Anonymousreply 406August 19, 2024 1:05 PM

Bryan Craig as Maurice's guest on a special live "State Of Mind" is making headlines:

Bryan detailed dating a narcissist

They relocated to Mexico together, during the pandemic.

After moving, they decided to start a business together; Bryan then discovered that his girlfriend was busy providing company to older gentleman before they moved, for those men were messaging her, asking when would they be able to take trips together again. Bryan also came across explicit videos featuring his girlfriend and some of those men. She was evasive when it came to explaining herself, but they were already there for four to five months, therefore Bryan decided they should stay together, feeling stuck.

Bryan felt that their relationship was one-sided, with him providing for her, without her doing anything for him.

She ended up dumping Bryan and told him to cease contact. Bryan thought that she was kidding around, but she walked away with another man, at a party they were attending. Bryan ran after the two of them, only for him to be tackled from the left and the right by three giant men with rifles and knives, who carried him out of the house.

Bryan was beaten, with a rifle to his head and a knife to his throat, also choked by them, then dumped in the woods at three in the morning. Apparently, they were members of a drug cartel.

Bryan had to walk alone through the jungle in pitch black, at four in the morning, until he found a hotel. He booked a flight back to his parents home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407August 19, 2024 1:23 PM

^Kelly Thiebaud would never have done that!

by Anonymousreply 408August 19, 2024 1:43 PM

R408 Nope 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 409August 19, 2024 2:18 PM

Well, I'm not sure why Blaze was being singled out; all the actors are unsufferable. Who's that guy who thinks he's the star of the show and he's not? Oh, yeah, he plays Sonny.

Seriously, the one person they need to bring back is Kelly Thiebaud as Britt. She IS a star. I don't care what kind of pain she may or may not be but she's worth it.

She fixes the problem they have with Steve. She's younger than a lot of the women on the show. She just has to give up the prime time dreams (for now) and realize she can be a Queen of Soaps.

by Anonymousreply 410August 19, 2024 3:30 PM

I'm sure Mo was insufferable from day one but he at least had All My Children under his belt. And I say this as someone who loathes him.

The Blaze actress was a newbie in every way. If she had an over inflated ego merely over being hired and then called back, I can see where that would be a major turn off to others.

We've all had someone fresh out of school or with absolutely no experience come strutting into a new job like they are hot shit. Their attitude turns everyone off and they end up being sabotaged or ignored, no one ever helps them when they are floundering.

Best to be humble, keep your head down, learn the job, learn the environment and do your work when starting a new job. Don't preen like a peacock.

by Anonymousreply 411August 19, 2024 3:44 PM

R410 In defense of Kelly Thiebaud, she humbled herself and asked for her job back at GH months ago. Access denied.

by Anonymousreply 412August 19, 2024 3:47 PM

R411 Although she did have friends there, Jacqueline's arrogance fits the description you referenced. I think she got along better with those who were either used to dealing with someone like that or they found her conceitedness tolerable. Either way, for someone who wasn't offered a contract she was a little too full of herself. Speaking of preen like a peacock, wonder if she'll try her hand at other soaps like DOOL.

by Anonymousreply 413August 19, 2024 3:54 PM

[quote]Well, I'm not sure why Blaze was being singled out; all the actors are unsufferable. Who's that guy who thinks he's the star of the show and he's not? Oh, yeah, he plays Sonny.

Careful you don't want to get on the wrong side of Sonny. Half the town is his kids and he's a murderer but all woman fall in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 414August 19, 2024 4:00 PM

Gio splashed a huge load on Frank’s face so he’s safe…..for now. Until the next twink. I do wonder why Frank isn’t taking Nicholas Bechtel’s calls……

by Anonymousreply 415August 19, 2024 6:29 PM

Believe me, I am no a fan nor a hater of Blaze.

I just wonder why other actors aren't held up to the same standards. Imagine if social media had been around in the 1990s when some of the GH stars were staring out?

by Anonymousreply 416August 19, 2024 6:36 PM

I think a big difference with Blaze actress is that she wasn't on contract. For her ego to become so swelled over a recurring role is over the top arrogance.

James Patrick Stuart admitted his ego got out of control when he found instant fame as a newbie on AMC. He was on contract and driving major storyline yet was unexpectedly sacked and his character killed off before his contract was up.

I believe James DePaiva of OLTL has also in recent years admitted he was awful during his OLTL heyday. I don't know if his many comings and going were his idea or them cutting him loose and then giving him another chance over and over again or what. Has he worked much since?

Probably many minor and major soap actors have been written off over the years due to their behavior and it was covered up with "change of direction for character or storyline" or "actor wants to try different things" excuses.

William deVry had a contract at AMC and was written out before his contract was up. He says it was due to regime change but maybe he was just an asshole? I get asshole vibes from him especially after that Soap Dirt reporter said he was aggressively rude. I don't care how much he likes and rescues dogs, you can like dogs and still be an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 417August 19, 2024 7:01 PM

R417, go with that vibe you get. You can rescue dogs and still not be very nice in life.

by Anonymousreply 418August 19, 2024 7:03 PM

I would have been cool with Blaze if she was skye’s daughter…it’s the newbie and instant family that didn’t sit well.

by Anonymousreply 419August 19, 2024 7:17 PM

Why are they bringing Brad back?

by Anonymousreply 420August 19, 2024 7:28 PM

I don't know r420 but Parry Shen is a good example of someone who handled social media criticism well.

During the baby switch thing with Wiley, he was getting a lot of criticism for his acting and for being awful in the crying scenes. People even tagged him in their comments about how awful he was. He popped into one of the tagged comments and said "I'm sorry I disappointed you. I'll try to do better next time". That's it. Short, non-argumentative and the whole thing died down.

by Anonymousreply 421August 19, 2024 7:40 PM

[quote]I get asshole vibes from him especially after that Soap Dirt reporter said he was aggressively rude. I don't care how much he likes and rescues dogs, you can like dogs and still be an asshole.

I think Will DeVry is an excellent actor. But I also get major asshole vibes from him. Maybe he rescues dogs in an attempt to tame him asshole tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 422August 19, 2024 8:14 PM

R403. Is Giolin going blonder or is that just the lights? If so, could that be a hint of his parentage?

by Anonymousreply 423August 19, 2024 8:17 PM

R423 Looks slightly blonder to me as well.

by Anonymousreply 424August 19, 2024 9:24 PM

Speaking of Giolin, he photoshopped a picture of himself as "the star" of the upcoming GH event at Graceland on his IG:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425August 19, 2024 10:12 PM

Yet this is the actual picture promoting the Graceland Event:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426August 19, 2024 10:14 PM

Is Genie losing weight? Her face looks deflated as happens when people of a certain age lose weight.

Hard to tell if her body is slimmer since they don't show full shots of her and she's always wearing blazers.

Did she not take her extra-long summer vacation this year or did I not notice due to disinterest in the show as a whole?

by Anonymousreply 427August 19, 2024 10:22 PM

R425, R426. Uh oh. He better be careful. Many of those other "stars" don't take kindly to any oversteppin'

by Anonymousreply 428August 19, 2024 11:22 PM

Genie’s taking the ozempic. She gets the shits regularly. Frank is trying to reign in the sewer bill with all of his fat actresses taking the pills to lose weight and getting the shits.

by Anonymousreply 429August 19, 2024 11:40 PM

R429, you know not…

by Anonymousreply 430August 19, 2024 11:46 PM

Excuse me! No one has mentioned me in at least 30 seconds!

by Anonymousreply 431August 19, 2024 11:49 PM

[quote] Something's wrong with Lulu

She was miscast, that's what's wrong!

by Anonymousreply 432August 19, 2024 11:51 PM

Aunt Stella is a useless character.

by Anonymousreply 433August 20, 2024 4:43 AM

R433. I her so much more when she basically calling Jordan a huzzy.

by Anonymousreply 434August 20, 2024 6:27 AM

Anyone know what ailment(s) Leslie Charleson is suffering from?

by Anonymousreply 435August 20, 2024 3:22 PM

R344, Kate actually posted many photos and videos with Tabyana on her IG stories during the Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 436August 20, 2024 3:25 PM

I love Tracy and Stella’s friendship. I wish they’d develop it more and put the actresses in more scenes together.

And someone on here really hates the Blaze actress. Seems personal almost.

by Anonymousreply 437August 20, 2024 3:36 PM

r437, I doubt anyone here personally cares about Blaze actress one way or the other.

Like any other coming or going, it's being scrutinized and dissected.

Bottom line:

No photos in her goodbye montage of her with any of her scene partners Kate M., Eva, NLG, KStorms. That says it all and confirms it all.

There were photos of Josh and Amanda but they were her scene partners during her first time around and before it supposedly all went to her head when she was called back for a second round. Also, the photos of Josh and Amanda didn't appear to be from her last day like the others, neither did the photo with FV.

End of. Before r437 makes it about her being a brown girl and not the pointless soap gossip bitchery it is.

by Anonymousreply 438August 20, 2024 3:57 PM

[quote] Anyone know what ailment(s) Leslie Charleson is suffering from?

It's a specific ailment called A Bitch Is Old.

by Anonymousreply 439August 20, 2024 4:19 PM

R428 Whatever do you mean, Jackie? 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 440August 20, 2024 4:22 PM

R432 😆

by Anonymousreply 441August 20, 2024 4:23 PM

R435 According to NLG, she's unfortunately taken quite a few falls on her property iirc

by Anonymousreply 442August 20, 2024 4:24 PM

R436 I'm aware, which is why I stated at R352 that Kate has been cordial to Tabyana at publicized events.

You're referring to when Tabyana had the accident with her shoe. However, that doesn't change the fact that Kate also has never followed Tabyana on Instagram nor has she ever seemed as close to her as she is with other actresses on GH, outside of publicized events. Apparently it has more to do with Jackie than Tabyana.

by Anonymousreply 443August 20, 2024 4:31 PM

No, there have been other instances as well R443.

But Kate was called out on her lack of support of JGL after the firing and she defended herself before saying “The door swings both ways.” I do think Kate doesn’t particularly care for her but if anyone has the ego it’s definitely her. I’m sure it doesn’t help that her Kristina didn’t make a huge splash like Frank thought she would. Throw in the chemistry-free pairing of Kristina and Blaze and well…

by Anonymousreply 444August 20, 2024 4:40 PM

Kate also seemed slightly inebriated at the Emmy's. Not Kelly Monaco level of public intoxication, but a little loose. She also started following Jackie on Instagram after knowing that Jackie was on her way out the door. Cast of GH for the most part were all "feeling good" Emmy night so I'm not singling Kate out nor judging her. Kelly Clarkson even commented on how much fun they seemed to be having- if she only knew how they are sober at work

by Anonymousreply 445August 20, 2024 4:42 PM

R443 Kate has never followed Tabyana, she follows practically every female on GH except her and for the longest, she never followed Jackie either, up until Jackie was let go. Tabyana was practically joined at the hip with Jackie. I already mentioned that it seemed to have more to do with Jackie than Tabyana herself, but with Jackie and Tabyana being close, it makes sense that Kate felt that way. Those other instances you're referring to, weren't they always when Jackie wasn't around?

Frank is also apparently still all in on Kate making a big splash as Kristina. He's waiting for the audience to catch up. Agreed, Kate isn't exactly used to this level of scrutiny, for she was pretty popular as Abigail on DOOL. Plus as always mentioned on here, the GH fanbase is a different situation than the one at DOOL.

by Anonymousreply 446August 20, 2024 4:49 PM

Kate probably won't be in another lesbian relationship anytime soon. Supposedly it'll be a guy for her up next.

by Anonymousreply 447August 20, 2024 4:52 PM

Kate probably won't be in another lesbian relationship anytime soon. Supposedly it'll be a guy for her up next.

by Anonymousreply 448August 20, 2024 4:52 PM

Those New York focus group gals that have kept Sonny front and center since the JFP/Guza years don't like the gays.

Sorry Blistina (and Lucas and Brad and Felix).

by Anonymousreply 449August 20, 2024 4:56 PM

R449 That's true. They're also thinking that letting Marcus Coloma go wasn't a good idea and are pretty miffed about the Lulu recast, preferring Emme Rylan back instead. They also find the Drew/Willow kiss absolutely disgusting. Not exactly fans of Terry either.

by Anonymousreply 450August 20, 2024 5:00 PM

I'm not especially a fan of Sonny or Jason.

But it was much more interesting having those two at odds with each other. Now that they're back to Jason playing Sonny's henchman, its really rather boring.

by Anonymousreply 451August 20, 2024 5:15 PM

[quote]Speaking of Giolin, he photoshopped a picture of himself as "the star" of the upcoming GH event at Graceland on his IG:

He didn't do it, the production did, I've other actor's featured like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452August 20, 2024 5:16 PM

What the fuck does Graceland have to do with GH?

by Anonymousreply 453August 20, 2024 5:16 PM

The NY Focus group thought Marcus Coloma with his lack of aristocratic air and rote reciting of lines with dead eyes was what a Prince with a dark side should be?? SMDH.

NAC and JPS had the subtle aristocratic air about them especially NAC.

Adam Huss doesn't have the right Princely air about him either.

by Anonymousreply 454August 20, 2024 5:19 PM

Kate Mansi is overrated, tbh. She's a ratfaced little bitch if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 455August 20, 2024 5:29 PM

FOWBF at R455 .

by Anonymousreply 456August 20, 2024 5:49 PM

What exactly did JGL do to KM? Get her panties wet during the love scene? Because they DID have chemistry so I don't believe that she "hated" her from the start. Nor do I believe that JGL had an ego.

by Anonymousreply 457August 20, 2024 6:05 PM

You could see her ego from space with her farewell post on Instagram. She played a recurring character on a soap yet she acts like she redefined the whole genre.

by Anonymousreply 458August 20, 2024 7:17 PM

I already don’t miss Blaze. Bye fucking bye.

by Anonymousreply 459August 20, 2024 7:37 PM

For a relatively young actress just starting out, it would be easy to let getting steady work on a soap go to your head.

She's not the first and won't be the last.

by Anonymousreply 460August 20, 2024 7:43 PM

That whole set is a ego cesspool.

by Anonymousreply 461August 20, 2024 9:19 PM

R460. Yes. I could NOT agree more. I was a young 55 when I joined Agnes Nixon's "One Life to Live," and "ego" has never been a word in my dictionary. And it shant ever be! Now get those black bitches out of me face!

by Anonymousreply 462August 20, 2024 9:25 PM

Are they going to give Giolin a daddy before they give Dex a daddy? Or is Dex's only storyline sleeping with Joss?

Neither is really needed and both could go without being missed or any fuss.

by Anonymousreply 463August 20, 2024 9:34 PM

I'll bet Jack Brennan is the dad of either Dex or Gio.

by Anonymousreply 464August 20, 2024 9:36 PM

Well, I think it's a forgone conclusion that Giolin's papa is one of the Bensonhurst brood and Lois knows who it is. Sonny or Dante, take your pick.

R464. I've heard that too. More likely leaning to Dex.

by Anonymousreply 465August 20, 2024 9:38 PM

R462 Ah, the third Victoria. We don't care for your post atall.

by Anonymousreply 466August 20, 2024 9:40 PM

R466. But you LOVE and ADORE me, right?! I played TWO characters to show range!

by Anonymousreply 467August 20, 2024 9:42 PM

R373, Eden never dated Lipton. She was with a guy named Memphis Tate when Lipton was around.

by Anonymousreply 468August 20, 2024 9:46 PM

No one named Jackie is faring well in Port Charles these days.

by Anonymousreply 469August 20, 2024 9:46 PM

The Molly actress, who is a real find, has outshone Mansi anyway.

by Anonymousreply 470August 20, 2024 9:47 PM

R469...and Templeton!

by Anonymousreply 471August 20, 2024 9:51 PM

Well, Jackie Courtney started the whole bad luck for the Jackie's trend back in 1983 when she got fired when Paul Rauch came aboard at OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 472August 20, 2024 10:07 PM

Jacquie Courtney makes Laura Wright look like Meryl Streep by comparison.....

by Anonymousreply 473August 20, 2024 10:29 PM

Wasn't Rauch EP at Another World when Courteney was fired then too? I know it was the head writer's request.

by Anonymousreply 474August 20, 2024 10:32 PM

Was that yet another new Rocco?

by Anonymousreply 475August 20, 2024 10:38 PM

Yes, Paul Rauch fired Jackie Courtney from AW in 1975, It was a mutual decision between Rauch and HW Harding Lemay.

by Anonymousreply 476August 20, 2024 10:39 PM

R476. And Queen Reinholt! He left in a tizzy. He didn't want anything to do with cunts..kicking or otherwise!

by Anonymousreply 477August 20, 2024 11:39 PM

No 475. He’s been on a few times. Sharp turn from the dopey blonde kid Rocco once was. He also looks the same age as Giolin.

by Anonymousreply 478August 21, 2024 12:38 AM

R456 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 479August 21, 2024 4:20 AM

Jeff Kober is losing some weight...looks good.

by Anonymousreply 480August 21, 2024 4:22 AM

R468 Eden and William were dating, after she broke up with her first official boyfriend Brian Dennis, who she began dating as an early teen, towards the conclusion of 2018/early 2019. Eden and William were spotted together several times throughout LA and were even cuddled up together at FCW, It was only for months, less than a year, within William's first year of joining (when he first arrived in 2018, she was still with Brian Dennis).

Memphis Tate, now I knew I was forgetting someone. Right, she dated him too, but he was in between William and her assumed sugar daddy. Now I have to update my chart:

Brian Dennis

William Lipton

Memphis Tate

"Sugar Daddy"

Jose San Martin

Evan Hofer

Jonathan Heit

by Anonymousreply 481August 21, 2024 4:31 AM

Man, she's busy!

by Anonymousreply 482August 21, 2024 4:33 AM

R482 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 483August 21, 2024 4:47 AM

New rumors, take these with a grain of salt:

Chris Van Etten is advocating for MW/Ava to stay. Re-establishing Ava and Nina's friendship was his idea (Patrick Mulcahey wanted Ava to stay as well, except he didn't want Ava and Nina as friends)

Lindsay Hartley is first in line in casting as Natalia's newly created little sister.

Frank wasn't actually the one who finally convinced Jonathan Jackson to come back; Genie and Steve were the ones who got Jonathan to agree; had they not swayed Jonathan, Greg Vaughan was on his way.

Adam J. Harrington unfortunately is still up next to be shown the door.

by Anonymousreply 484August 21, 2024 5:41 AM

Eden’s pussy sure is busy!

by Anonymousreply 485August 21, 2024 9:18 AM

R485 Josslyn might be more enjoyable if she were patterned after her

by Anonymousreply 486August 21, 2024 11:29 AM

Yeah, I HATE it but the Ashfords are a dud. Except for Jordan and Curtis who I think are underutilized. I like the idea of Curtis being involved with the mob. I felt like they were putting him in Sonny's orbit but dropped the idea. I think he would've been a good replacement for Jason.

I HATE they're wasting a slab of beef like that!

by Anonymousreply 487August 21, 2024 11:36 AM

R487 They were putting Curtis in Sonny's world before backtracking. Donnell is pretty outspoken when it comes to storylines; placing Curtis on the backburner could be out of pettiness.

by Anonymousreply 488August 21, 2024 11:47 AM

Sad to say it (because I love the body), Donnell is a bad actor. Curtis is an appealing character, but Donnell can't act his way out of a paper bag. The actors playing his family are all great (except Tabyana, who is only okay), which makes the contrast with Donnell's acting even more vivid. He's holding back in his love scenes with Brooke Kerr -- where's the passion? He can't play emotions -- he says the words but nothing changes in his delivery, body language, or facial expression. With such a gorgeous wife and ex-wife, Curtis is so muted as to be a eunuch.

by Anonymousreply 489August 21, 2024 12:09 PM

Unfortunately, the Jagger character has turned out to be a dud.

He just barks the same thing over and over again. No personality or nuance to the character.

by Anonymousreply 490August 21, 2024 12:13 PM

Lucky and/or Cyrus might be the key to saving Lulu. Rocco is taping more as the "Lulu finally wakes up" story starts soon. Emme Rylan confirming the recast apparently "ruined the surprise recast" but the rumors were already circulating that the casting call for "Lauren" was actually for Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 491August 21, 2024 12:15 PM

R489 Right he's pretty to watch, yet his acting leaves much to be desired. Also comes across as flat in many scenes. Sometimes seems to be rather bored on-screen. What's interesting is that he specifically asked for Curtis to have his family broadened.

by Anonymousreply 492August 21, 2024 12:25 PM

R490 Remember Frank hired him as Jagger to piss off Antonio Sabato Jr. Essentially Adam is a pawn. Mark Teschner thought Adam would be a good addition, yet Frank cast him as Jagger instead of a more layered character. Not saying Jagger isn't layered, they're refusing to focus on his interests outside of revenge.

by Anonymousreply 493August 21, 2024 12:31 PM

R451 Mulcahey wanted to keep Sonny at odds with practically everyone and as the town's pariah, including Jason. That's not exactly what Maurice wanted, nor the fraus who adore the Sonny/Jason friendship

by Anonymousreply 494August 21, 2024 12:36 PM

Flat is the perfect way to describe Donnell.

I think Adam Harrington is over it, isn't even engaging on X anymore. The "hail mary" with Ava didn't work. No where to go from there if you can't spark a little chemistry or show a little personality with TGMW (The Great Maura West).

Emme needs to get some self-respect and ♪♪ Let it go ♪♪. FV is just not that into her. Her continued blathering on social media isn't going to change that. He broke up with you Emme, move on!

by Anonymousreply 495August 21, 2024 12:41 PM

R452 Suppose although it would be easy for him to fall down the same rabbit hole as "Jacqueline in Wonderland," who probably wanted to attend Graceland as well

by Anonymousreply 496August 21, 2024 12:49 PM

R453 Nothing 😆 except for control freak Frank to have his own event outside of FCW, which he barely has any control over.

by Anonymousreply 497August 21, 2024 12:52 PM

R451 That was the best storyline in YEARS. I looked forward to Sonny's interactions. NOW, it's business as usual

by Anonymousreply 498August 21, 2024 12:53 PM

Sorry I meant R495 as well

by Anonymousreply 499August 21, 2024 12:54 PM

R458 Exactly. The way she's making a production out of her firing, anyone would easily mistake her for a leading actress if they didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 500August 21, 2024 12:56 PM

R495 Excellent observations 👏👏👏👏

by Anonymousreply 501August 21, 2024 12:59 PM

R498 It was pretty interesting. What's good for the audience isn't exactly good for the actors and vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 502August 21, 2024 1:01 PM

Jagger will probably turn into a madman now, and do all kinds of madman things, like taking hostages, all so Sonny and Jason can turn out to be the heroes again. I am thisclose to abandoning this show. The Sonny and Jason scenes as boss and hitman are so horrible to watch. Like always, the conflict was resolved in, what, one brief scene? If Ava goes, I'm outta here.

by Anonymousreply 503August 21, 2024 1:12 PM

Is there any way to redeem Valentin and bring him back into the fold or is he the new Helena who will pop in from time to time to wreak havoc for short stints and then leave again without ever getting caught?

by Anonymousreply 504August 21, 2024 3:31 PM

Notice how the ratings keep going UP since Mulcahey is gone. Hiring Mulcahey was a disaster and thankfully Frank threw his ass out of the writers room fast.

by Anonymousreply 505August 21, 2024 4:29 PM

Jagger/Jack was a goner from the minute he went against Sonny at that gym. Sonny will always win.

As for the Ashford’s, Brook Kerr is being wasted. They need to test her around more and also lean into the friendship chemistry she has with Becky Herbst. She’s a great actress and deserved that Emmy over Sonya Eddy.

by Anonymousreply 506August 21, 2024 4:47 PM

It's weird. In the two weeks since Chris Van Etten has been back at the helm, show has felt more stable somehow. Feels like someone actually knows what he's doing and knows how to steer the ship. I find myself more involved with the show, more interested in the storylines. And great to see peripheral characters like Terry and Brad back on the canvas.

Patrick Mulcahey is a fantastic writer. But he's not a headwriter. We found that out during his brief stint at HW at GL in 1994. And it was reconfirmed in the past 6 months. He can write superb scenes and episodes, but long-range plotting is not his strong suit.

Now, as much as I'm glad to see CVE back as co-HW and as glad as I am the show finally seems in solid hands after 6 months of uneven shows and unever plotting, Jason as Sonny's henchman is so boring. It was much more intriguing with Sonny and Jason at odds. That was one of the things Mulcahey got right.

by Anonymousreply 507August 21, 2024 5:20 PM

Once again, an early 90s male character (Jagger John) is brought back to the show and being turned into a psychotic. Does Mizz Frank hate Gloria and Norma Monty that much for their tenures during that time?!

by Anonymousreply 508August 21, 2024 7:35 PM

Maura and Mo having a laugh behind the scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509August 21, 2024 9:33 PM

Mo is the hottest thing on GH. He truly is the star of the show.

by Anonymousreply 510August 21, 2024 9:35 PM

R510. Hi, Laura!

by Anonymousreply 511August 21, 2024 9:39 PM

First, Maura West -- you're thin. Now stop. Too thin is not a good look (contrary to what the Duchess of Windsor said -- "You can't be too rich or too thin.") Second, if the show can't find a way to keep Maura on, they are really stupid. Third, reducing Jason to Sonny's henchman IS boring (as was stated above). Where's the fire? the electricity? the conflict? Is it going to be Sonny, Jason, and Carly against the world, with these three criminals being presented as heroes? Luke was an anti-hero -- he was appealing because he felt guilty. Where's Sonny's guilt? Jason has no emotions (which fits the actor's range so well). And Carly just has self-justification. The three are exhausting and uninteresting.

by Anonymousreply 512August 21, 2024 10:52 PM

I haven't watched a minute of GH since Knots Landing started running on freevee last week. Haven't missed it, or been tempted to check in. If I read anything positive on this thread, maybe I'll revisit. It's been crap for far too long.

by Anonymousreply 513August 21, 2024 11:13 PM

I’m not giving CVE any credit. He got fired for a reason and his rehiring was only made public because his bestie Alley Mills was running her mouth. They have a third HW called an Associate right now. PM never stood a chance with Korte.

by Anonymousreply 514August 22, 2024 12:38 AM

Kristina and Trina are two most annoying characters on the canvas.

by Anonymousreply 515August 22, 2024 1:25 AM

Agree and Jon Cates, holy crap he has the same lines over and over.

by Anonymousreply 516August 22, 2024 2:30 AM

I still don't understand this FBI investigation. Was the main target Sonny? Was it Pikeman? Why was the FBI having Jason kill other mob bosses? It makes no sense!!!

by Anonymousreply 517August 22, 2024 4:47 AM

If Laura and Anna ever decide that oh, okay, Sonny's not that bad and even though it's from drug money, he DOES pay for the GH holiday party and the Nurses Ball, I'll throw up.

by Anonymousreply 518August 22, 2024 7:28 AM

r515, if they become a couple their smush name will be Kristrina.

by Anonymousreply 519August 22, 2024 7:31 AM

[quote] Jason has no emotions (which fits the actor's range so well).

Written to accomodate the actor's inadequacies - why I could never stand the character or Burton.

by Anonymousreply 520August 22, 2024 1:37 PM

Can someone explain, again, what exactly happened to Jason after the accident? Did they have to take out a part of his brain or something? Is there something online that explains why he's cold to the Quartermaines and got involved with Sonny? It just seems like a weird kind of brain damage.

by Anonymousreply 521August 22, 2024 1:56 PM

[quote] Did they have to take out a part of his brain or something?

The actor came that way.

by Anonymousreply 522August 22, 2024 2:47 PM

The show wanted to prop up Sonny and phase out the Quartermaines

by Anonymousreply 523August 22, 2024 2:59 PM

R504 Valentin can always be redeemed, if he were possibly being blackmailed to work for Pikeman and target Sonny, for Charlotte's sake, perhaps. However, it's nothing personal against anyone; they simply couldn't afford James Patrick Stuart anymore. He was willing to travel from Oregon to film, but they're restructuring the budget to accommodate returning actors. Though recurring, JPS apparently wasn't cheap.

by Anonymousreply 524August 22, 2024 3:15 PM

R506 Brook Kerr is definitely talented but she might be reduced to recurring status (or have her minimums drastically shortened) if they continue to not utilize her in any stories

by Anonymousreply 525August 22, 2024 3:19 PM

R511 LMAO

by Anonymousreply 526August 22, 2024 3:22 PM

R512 The tried and true "Trinity" formula that they're constantly reverting back to with those three is beyond ridiculous at this point. Michele val Jean said it best when she mentioned that "Sonny, Jason and Carly will always win." It's predictable and tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 527August 22, 2024 3:25 PM

[quote]Can someone explain, again, what exactly happened to Jason after the accident? Did they have to take out a part of his brain or something? Is there something online that explains why he's cold to the Quartermaines and got involved with Sonny? It just seems like a weird kind of brain damage.

Just bad writing.

by Anonymousreply 528August 22, 2024 3:25 PM

R514 Right Alley Mills is a blabbermouth 🤣 but she's more entertaining off screen than she is as Heather Webber, for that is not a role that she was suited to play. Cathy LePard, who's only worked at GH for a short amount of time, is the Associate Head Writer (apparently by default since no one else in-house really wanted the job)

by Anonymousreply 529August 22, 2024 3:29 PM

R516 True 😂

by Anonymousreply 530August 22, 2024 3:33 PM

R517 The story had so many rewrites it became nonsensical. Remember they were making the head of Pikeman a woman connected to both Austin and his cousin, with rumors of Erika Slezak or another soap vet in a guest role. The head transitioned back to a male, the whole story was bizarre.

From my understanding they made it more about Jagger targeting Sonny, so Pikeman was used as a front to blackmail Jason into working undercover, to prevent Carly from being imprisoned, based primarily on her connection to Sonny as well. Jagger used Jason and his lack of memories in regards to their relationship from high school to work for him while planning to take down Sonny all along. As mentioned by many here, we've seen this story before and we all know Sonny will get the upper hand over Jagger. Maurice wouldn't have it any other way.

by Anonymousreply 531August 22, 2024 3:43 PM

R521 After being involved in a car accident (he was trying to stop his alcoholic brother AJ from driving while intoxicated) he experienced brain damage that affected his memory; he couldn't remember anything pre-accident, which is why he was so cold to the Quartermaine's and more accepting of Sonny, who essentially took on a more older brother role with Jason.

Steve Burton says that it's the best thing to ever happen to Jason; he's also stated that he'd protest against Jason returning to his Quartermaine roots.

by Anonymousreply 532August 22, 2024 3:49 PM

Steve Burton CAN be a good actor but the writing for JAson does not allow that... He was somewhat human when he was on DOOL

by Anonymousreply 533August 22, 2024 6:18 PM

The world has truly gone to hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534August 22, 2024 6:59 PM

R534. Good Lord! And Andy Paige needs to cool it with the injections.

by Anonymousreply 535August 22, 2024 7:06 PM

The role of Sam McCall will temporarily be played by Lindsey Hartley.

Too bad it's only temporary and not permanent.

by Anonymousreply 536August 22, 2024 7:18 PM

I'm glad OGMolly with her annoying voice is no longer in the role. Kristen is 1000% the right fit for the role.

I also can't believe the person who thought Menopause Molly was a good idea is still employed. Frank Valentini who thought having a 40-year-old cry while holding her childhood stuffed toy would convince the viewers she was in her mid/late 20s.

by Anonymousreply 537August 22, 2024 7:25 PM

r536

is that today?

by Anonymousreply 538August 22, 2024 7:40 PM

Yes r538, Lindsey today.

by Anonymousreply 539August 22, 2024 7:41 PM

[quote]Steve Burton CAN be a good actor but the writing for JAson does not allow that.

The writing for Burton as Jason Quatermaine from 1991 to 1996 was deadly dull. Jason was one of the most yawn-inducing and forgettable characters on the screen. Of all the Qs we've had on screen, I'd say Jason Q was the dullest.

Since the accident and brain injury and him becoming Jason Morgan in early 1996, Burton has had more to work with and Jason became a more memorable and interesting character. However, at some point they took the emotionless Stone Cold to an frustrating extreme as. Likewise, the complete loyalty and devotion to Sonny is puzzling and beyond frustrating.

I do wish they'd play him opposite his Q relatives from time to time, but that is a rarity. I really wish Leslie Charleson was well enough for us to have a few Monica and Jason scenes now that Burton is back.

by Anonymousreply 540August 22, 2024 8:16 PM

R520 Burton is a good actor when he tries. He did some really great work with Kimberly McC in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 541August 22, 2024 10:01 PM

Vaganos was terrific today. She and Hearst had instant father/daughter chemistry. Mansi, on the other hand, was terrible. Was she always this dead behind the eyes on Days?

Also, this Home & Heart stuff is really, really bad. It’s cheap and instantly brings an episode down. They’ve even made an official website and is selling Debbie Matenopoulos products.

by Anonymousreply 542August 22, 2024 10:07 PM

Jason and Sonny being tied together at the hip is the doing of Guza, with the approval of Frons.

And yes, the best thing that came out of the Mulcahey's tenure as HW was having Sonny and Jason at odds.

by Anonymousreply 543August 22, 2024 10:07 PM

R541. Burton was great then playing "first love" because Robin truly was his first love after becoming Jason Morgan. Then, Snarly got her claws into him and it was all downhill...

by Anonymousreply 544August 22, 2024 10:09 PM

Burton has never been a good actor and he's a fucking crooked homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 545August 22, 2024 10:22 PM

Dr. Gail Adamson Baldwin was also the foster mother for Dr. Monica Webber Quatermaine.

That's one of the facts the got gradually got overlooked over the years until it was forgotten. I think the last time that fact was played was in a scene between Gail and Monica back in 1995 when Monica was dealing with the breast cancer.

by Anonymousreply 546August 22, 2024 10:26 PM

And even Monica slept with Gail's then husband (before Lee). The girl's got a fiery box!

by Anonymousreply 547August 22, 2024 10:31 PM

Is the Home & Hearth nonsense a vehicle to reset Lois?

I've thought since she came back that the 90s Bensonhurst shtick with the gaudy clothes, nails and accent wasn't working and they are wasting Rena.

Maybe Lois gets a makeover and becomes a polished, well spoken, well-dressed businesswoman and vixen therefore a more viable character for potential partners and storylines?

by Anonymousreply 548August 22, 2024 10:33 PM

[quote]And even Monica slept with Gail's then husband (before Lee). The girl's got a fiery box!

It was a rape. Monica was underage and couldn't give her consent.

by Anonymousreply 549August 22, 2024 10:43 PM

Brooke Kerry & Lindsay Hartley reunion.

Lindsey looks really good. Way better that she looked during the pandemic when she filled and looked so emaciated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550August 22, 2024 11:18 PM

Teresa Lopez-Fitzgerald appears to have had some work done on her face in that photo at r550.

by Anonymousreply 551August 22, 2024 11:22 PM

Interesting...Lindz is going blonder too...

by Anonymousreply 552August 22, 2024 11:33 PM

Lois is annoying as hell. She definitely should lose the accent. Or better yet, go back to Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 553August 22, 2024 11:46 PM

Kristina needed a slap. I'm sorry but she is INSUFFERABLE!

by Anonymousreply 554August 23, 2024 12:34 AM

Jonathan Jackson omitting Becky Herbst in interviews, regarding which actors he's looking forward to working with again, is ruffling feathers amongst Lucky/Liz fans, believing that there's now, possibly, not any chance of a Lucky and Liz reunion.

Nathan Varni teased this btw, he's really trying to get viewers to watch and keep this ratings momentum going; 6,000 viewers away from hitting 2 million

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555August 23, 2024 1:01 AM

Correction 8,000 viewers away from 2 million mark

by Anonymousreply 556August 23, 2024 1:04 AM

I remember a scene with Gail and Monica talking about Alan. Gail hints to Monica that she's very passionate about a man she claims to hate. Maybe it's love?

I said, watching with friends, "GAIL!" in that exasperated way Monica would say it and then, on cue, Monica says, "GAIL!"

Everyone just looked at me as if to say how'd you know?

by Anonymousreply 557August 23, 2024 5:14 AM

Plus, once Scotty left town and Luke and Laura were dating and the writers had Gail run into Laura, she'd say, "Laura...."

and in that ONE word, Brown conveyed the sense of loss she felt for Scotty.

by Anonymousreply 558August 23, 2024 5:15 AM

Oh how I despise the SNOT VERSION of Lucky. Once I can imagine the stench it never goes away.

by Anonymousreply 559August 23, 2024 5:21 AM

R558. Oh when Susan Brown would say "Scotty..." with that look, you knew he was in trouble!

by Anonymousreply 560August 23, 2024 6:30 AM

I feel stupid. I just got back into watching when I heard Rick Hearst was coming back - and tonight I find out that in April they canceled GH, effective the end of November. Damn.

R555 is there any chance they'll cancel the cancel if the ratings improve enough? Is that even possible?

by Anonymousreply 561August 23, 2024 8:35 AM

Wonder which one of the ladies this guy is for?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562August 23, 2024 4:12 PM

There was a time when it was RARE that mainstream sites or publications would acknowledge soap operas.

Newsweek called GH TV's Hottest Show (not Daytime TV's but TV's)

TIME had the Hayeses on the cover.

Mainstream started posting about soaps during the pandemic and the strikes because there was little else to write about; they see that the numbers go through the roof. It's a win for publicists because they can show their bosses, hey, I got this placed on deadline -- not soapfans bloggers dot com.

How is it that soaps do so well in social engagement but are lousy in the ratings?

by Anonymousreply 563August 23, 2024 5:07 PM

Maura responding on X to the addition of Sawandi Wilson above with a star emojis.

by Anonymousreply 564August 23, 2024 5:40 PM

Why is Kelly out so much?

by Anonymousreply 565August 23, 2024 5:58 PM

R561 Wait, where did you hear that GH was cancelled in April, with a cancellation date scheduled for November?

by Anonymousreply 566August 23, 2024 6:00 PM

R566 I suspect R561 has been drinking. GH hasn’t been canceled yet.

by Anonymousreply 567August 23, 2024 8:04 PM

I caught today's ep, and I never thought I'd live to see TJ and Molly be my favorite couple, or that Molly would be a worthy lead for a main story, but Kristen Vaganos has done both. For all the talk of Frank's pets, this girl delivers.

by Anonymousreply 568August 23, 2024 8:12 PM

Ava’s gonna get herself some chocolate stick.

by Anonymousreply 569August 23, 2024 8:50 PM

Is Lucky only on at end of the ep?

by Anonymousreply 570August 23, 2024 8:54 PM

R570 No. He’s on for the whole episode, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 571August 23, 2024 9:06 PM

They mean canceled in Canada or something. It’s still in production.

by Anonymousreply 572August 23, 2024 9:14 PM

R566 I'll try to link but apparently it's a rotten source. YAY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573August 24, 2024 1:51 PM

OMG I actually read the entire article, published on APRIL 1st. I'm so sorry!

I'll waddle back to my cave and shut out the light...

by Anonymousreply 574August 24, 2024 1:52 PM

Adam Huss, his husband and a friend at a movie premiere. I think the guy in the middle is his husband also named Adam. Adam Bucci.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575August 24, 2024 11:37 PM

Husband is the guy on the left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576August 24, 2024 11:51 PM

Very sweet pics.

by Anonymousreply 577August 25, 2024 12:21 AM

R567 R572 R573 Thanks, wasn't aware. Unfortunately not only did they become privy to this information on GH's anniversary, they were also subjected to that hideous picture of Laura Wright.

by Anonymousreply 578August 25, 2024 3:08 AM

R575 R576 R577 Awwww but on a sexual note, wonder what a threesome with those two would be like.

by Anonymousreply 579August 25, 2024 3:12 AM

Previews For Next Week:

Monday, August 26th, 2024

Tracy is shaken.

Laura embarks on a mission.

Anna enlists Robert's help.

Jason hears Brennan out.

Brook Lynn has an emotional talk with Chase.

Tuesday, August 27th, 2024

Elizabeth and Carly are dumbstruck.

Laura delivers dire news.

Molly confides in Dex.

Ric visits Alexis.

Tracy lashes out.

Wednesday, August 28th, 2024

Laura makes a big decision.

Anna makes her case to Brennan.

Sonny's suspicions are confirmed.

Ava is alarmed.

Kristina contacts Jason.

Thursday, August 29th, 2024

Kristina is devastated.

Sonny makes a stunning offer.

Drew gets a shocking call.

Dante opens up to Olivia.

Portia and Curtis discuss the future.

Friday, August 30th, 2024

Carly puts pressure on Sonny.

Alexis faces off with Jagger.

Anna is persuasive.

Michael is worried about Willow.

Ava is frightened.

by Anonymousreply 580August 25, 2024 3:24 AM

Kristen Vaganos is apparently a bigger hit with many fans than Kate Mansi; there's kidding around that Kate will unfriend her and have her fired like Jacqueline 😁

by Anonymousreply 581August 25, 2024 3:27 AM

R574 Guessing you're R561? No need to apologize, it was an honest mistake. Are you planning to watch on Hulu?

by Anonymousreply 582August 25, 2024 3:29 AM

r581, actually that had seriously crossed my mind. Not that she would have KV fired but that it would affect their friendship as they are very close and call each other sisters.

Kate is being dragged so much on X especially about her "crying". Although I think it was meant to be obnoxious and over the top not sympathy inducing. Kate doesn't help matters by jokingly popping in to correct people and remind them the baby's name is Adela. GH fans are rabid and not amused.

Kate's popularity downfall began with her cheerleading and defense of Perez Hilton. Strange hill she chose to die on.

by Anonymousreply 583August 25, 2024 8:23 AM

Great to see Rick Hearst back on screen. Especially glad the writers remembered Ric Lansing's history and all the people who dislike him. Hope he's staying around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 584August 25, 2024 10:28 AM

R583 Right, they've bonded to the point that they refer to each other as sisters. I'm actually wondering if it would affect their relationship too; hopefully not, but they're are many instances where actresses (even actors) were tight, only to fall out and stop communicating with each other.

Kate isn't doing herself any favors. I still like her, but I'll admit I'm slightly biased since I was already familiar with her from DAYS. Many Kristina/Lexi fans admittedly weren't DAYS fans; even those that were familiar with her, not all of them were Abigail/Kate fans. I don't recall her having as much discord with fans while she was at DAYS that she seems to be having now. Trolling fans might be cute to her, but as you mentioned, GH fans are a far cry from those that love DAYS. Of course it's not going to affect her job; as long as Frank and the network continues to adore her, she'll stay employed at GH. However, the more she continues to engage with fans, the more unlikeable she's becoming to them, while Kristen continues to receive accolades.

by Anonymousreply 585August 25, 2024 12:14 PM

*But there are many instances at R585

by Anonymousreply 586August 25, 2024 12:15 PM

Sarah Joy Brown is on Mo's show AGAIN on Sept. 1 and according to Mo will "make you cry".

Wasn't she just on a few months ago making people cry?

And if I recall correctly, she was also on his show last year.

Wouldn't it make more sense for her to discuss her problems with a qualified therapist? How does repeatedly going on egomaniac Mo's show help her?

He gets clicks, makes money, exploits her problems and then he regurgitates his usual "yeah, yeah, yeah" and then he repeats for billionth time how he was in a mental institution, he had a nervous breakdown, he has anxiety, he tried to kill his wife, he wanted to be a model but failed, he has anxiety, lather rinse repeat. What does she hope to accomplish with these repeated visits? Was he even nice to her when she was on GH?

Some of these actors trying to get on Mo's good side by baring their souls on his show are doing themselves no favors. I don't need to know Kate Mansi is on Zoloft. When she was defending Perez Hilton I thought, did she miss a dose of her Zoloft? Do these actors think he will save their jobs? No, he can't and won't. Ask the late Johnny Wactor or Mo's dancing buddy Marcus Coloma. The only person's job he saved was Steve's by making them take him back after Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 587August 25, 2024 5:22 PM

Former GH "star" Tonja Walker is throwing her hat in the podcast/YouTube ring. Sad at the 26 min mark she basically shows her MAGAt colors. She also is forced to work on straight to Great Anerican Channel originals like "Destination: Heaven." Crazy bitch likes Trump policies yet just moved to the Palm Springs area. I'll probably see her at Ralph's one of these days...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588August 25, 2024 5:45 PM

Tonja is friends with Tristan Rogers who also lives in Palm Springs.

by Anonymousreply 589August 25, 2024 5:49 PM

Tonja is boring and doesn't have an ounce of charisma in that video.

by Anonymousreply 590August 25, 2024 6:01 PM

R587 Sarah Joy Brown seems to be able to bring in high viewership for Maurice's show, which is probably why he keeps going back to that well. Honestly, Maurice is also possibly fresh out of ideas and original guests; that could be another reason why he's booking the same guests. As far as them getting along, besides Maurice's mood swings and even Sarah's moodiness, they primarily got along, for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 591August 25, 2024 10:42 PM

I agree with the person above. Why in the hell would these actors go on this show to admit how fucked up they are. This is why soap stars should be paid more, to hire publicists to save them from themselves.

by Anonymousreply 592August 25, 2024 10:48 PM

R588 Tonja Walker needs to get over herself. Whether or not Karen Witter messed around with Paul Rauch for the role of Tina Lord, at least he didn't cast Tonja as Tina. Not that Olivia Jerome and Alex Olanov weren't huge roles, but as big as her ego seems to be, bragging about playing such an iconic role as Tina would probably be a constant topic.

by Anonymousreply 593August 25, 2024 10:50 PM

R592 Good point. I think a lot of them also go on there to appease Mo's fragile ego.

by Anonymousreply 594August 25, 2024 10:55 PM

She’d have made an awful Tina! She does psychotic too well!

by Anonymousreply 595August 26, 2024 1:19 AM

When Tonja started as Alex, that character was as dull as dishwasher. Trying to drown Cassie in Loon Lake is what set up Alex for years to come. I agree R595. She can only play crazy.

by Anonymousreply 596August 26, 2024 2:13 AM

R595 R596 Right. Olivia and Alex were essentially the same character, give or take a few differences, like Olivia's mob ties. They even dropped hints on GH during one of Liv's last guest stints iirc that they were in fact the same person.

by Anonymousreply 597August 26, 2024 2:26 AM

Tonja is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 598August 26, 2024 9:22 AM

R598 😆

by Anonymousreply 599August 26, 2024 12:39 PM

New thread is up

by Anonymousreply 600August 26, 2024 12:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!