Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It All Comes Back to HOPE

It dawned on me while watching Walz speak about his family; they named their daughter Hope after trying for years to have a child.

HOPE was the campaign message for Obama's first Presidential run.

And Bill Clinton came from little town in Arkansas named HOPE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 7, 2024 12:15 PM

Hope Lange. Died of colitis.

by Anonymousreply 1August 7, 2024 12:45 AM

Great speech! Nice to hear somebody with brains AND heart for a change.

by Anonymousreply 2August 7, 2024 12:53 AM

Why did you have to drag Hope Lange into this? She wasn't bothering anyone.

by Anonymousreply 3August 7, 2024 12:54 AM

OP put the bong down. Dude.

by Anonymousreply 4August 7, 2024 12:55 AM

Leave OP alone!

by Anonymousreply 5August 7, 2024 1:06 AM

Yes, OP! "I still believe in a place called Hope"!

by Anonymousreply 6August 7, 2024 1:06 AM

"Ope" is a MN saying. Sort of like "oh geez". I'm sure someone will make the graphic.

by Anonymousreply 7August 7, 2024 1:17 AM

What is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 8August 7, 2024 1:24 AM

Hope was great with Obama...... until he put the very people responsible for the economic crisis in 2008 in charge when he became president.

by Anonymousreply 9August 7, 2024 1:25 AM

I forgot about that poster. What a shyster he turned out to be

by Anonymousreply 10August 7, 2024 1:28 AM

No shit, Sherlock!

by Anonymousreply 11August 7, 2024 1:28 AM

What's the story with the poster, r10?

by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2024 1:34 AM

Was Obama better than Bush 2? Of course. Was he better than Trump? Double of course. But those are two very low bars. We expect more and better by our elected presidents regardless of political party. Joe Biden surprisingly delivered more in 3 1/2 years than Obama did in 8 years. The ACA was the only significant legislation Obama was responsible for. Obama's presidency would get a B minus rating if we were being generous. Biden gets somewhere in the B plus to A minus range.

by Anonymousreply 13August 7, 2024 1:37 AM

It feels good to have hope again. What is the alternative? Trump/Vance--this is a shithole, WW III, we're all gonna die. I'm sick of their shit, and I hope the rest of the country is too. 🤞

by Anonymousreply 14August 7, 2024 1:37 AM

Biden is going to go down as one of the most disastrous presidents in the past 100 years. I can't understand people who think he's been anything other than a disaster as the country sinks.

Obama was an inspirational empty suit when the country desperately needed and wanted a turn around from the path it had been on since the end of the Clinton years (although the Clinton years marked the beginning of the path we've been on since the mid 90s. Financialization, rise of the Deep State, expansion of NATO, de-industrialization)

by Anonymousreply 15August 7, 2024 1:43 AM

R15 Sure, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 16August 7, 2024 1:46 AM

Try to at least be clever, r16.

by Anonymousreply 17August 7, 2024 1:49 AM

Go back and finger yourself to a Trump picture R15.

by Anonymousreply 18August 7, 2024 1:49 AM

I'm not a Trump supporter, retard.

I can also see what's going on unlike you. I'm not a pathetic goosestepper.

by Anonymousreply 19August 7, 2024 1:51 AM

I'm cautiously optimistic. I've ensured that I'll be able to comfortably gloat from on high at the misfortune of my enemies, no matter the political outcome. And in the end, THAT'S what life is truly about ❤️

by Anonymousreply 20August 7, 2024 1:51 AM

I bet R15 is our Nikki Haley stalking horse troll. Also the Aspie troll.

by Anonymousreply 21August 7, 2024 1:53 AM

How do you even get out of bed and pretend to be a human, R15.

Elon and Putin can't pay you THAT much.

And yet you eagerly apply your tongue to their pale, double-wide, shit-encrusted asses for the privilege of them turning you into a permanent underclass.

Mmmmm, yes, Elon and Vlad, more! More!

End it now and stop embarrassing your family.

by Anonymousreply 22August 7, 2024 1:53 AM

R15 is why IGNORE POSTER exists.

by Anonymousreply 23August 7, 2024 2:21 AM

How old are you, r22?

You think what I wrote was embarrassing?

Anyway, have a nice few months everyone. I'll revisit this thread in November.

Get your insults in now

by Anonymousreply 24August 7, 2024 3:07 AM

^ Goodbye, cruel world. You people don't deserve my greatness!

by Anonymousreply 25August 7, 2024 3:35 AM

I give hope to men, I leave none for myself.

by Anonymousreply 26August 7, 2024 3:56 AM

You sound like a drooling idiot, OP. I have second hand embarrassment from your post.

by Anonymousreply 27August 7, 2024 12:07 PM

Jesus you bitches are mean. I was on a high from watching the Harris/Walz rally and being excited and HOPEful for the first time in 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 28August 7, 2024 12:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!