Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone seen “Trap” (2024)

I hear it’s terrible despite having Haley Mills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2024 11:01 AM

Of course it is, it’s an M Night Shayamalan film.

by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2024 7:57 AM

Hayley Mills is in another Parent Trap movie!? How wonderful!

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2024 7:59 AM

Hayley Mills is one of actresses who I always think is older than she is. Probably because Pollyanna seems like an ancient movie. Good to see she's still acting.

The trailer makes it look bad, but I'm sure there's an 'unseen' twist at the end.

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2024 8:15 AM

Josh Hartnett gives good face 🎶

by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2024 8:25 AM

[quote]Haley Mills.

Has OP's gay card expired?

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2024 8:30 AM

It should have been me!

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2024 10:04 AM

It should have been me!

by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2024 10:48 AM

I saw it yesterday. M. Night screwed me yet again with a film that didn't live up to the great trailer. Trap is AWFUL. So much of it makes no sense.

Has M. Night even been to a concert? So much happens during the arena scenes that would never happen at a real concert. No way that many people would be hanging out on the concourse during the headlining act's performance. And there's no way the daughter would leave the concert to go find her dad. She probably wouldn't have even noticed he was gone.

The film has a weird, disjointed third act away from the arena that sends the film flying off the rails of plausibility. The film should have been entirely at the arena and been about Josh's character trying to escape.

I think M. Night only made the film to showcase his daughter's boring music and allow her to feel like a major pop star for a few months.

Josh was pretty good, though. He deserved a better script.

by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2024 2:52 PM

R8 hit it on the nose. And R7 I said the same thing to my husband as we left : Donna Mills I could see playing that role well. Josh was good though. Takes a lot to suffer that many close ups.

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2024 3:48 PM

Just read all about it on The Movie Spoiler and jeeez what convoluted story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2024 3:52 PM

It should have been me!

by Anonymousreply 11August 7, 2024 2:16 AM

I quite liked her when she did movies as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 12August 7, 2024 2:48 AM

R11 is 347 years old.

by Anonymousreply 13August 7, 2024 3:08 AM

If anyone on DL likes it does that make them a #trapqueen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 7, 2024 3:10 AM

It wasn’t me!

by Anonymousreply 15August 7, 2024 4:49 PM

I saw it last night, formulaic and sub par for this director in comparison to " Signs".

I don't know if anyone else is recognizing this but Hollywood in general has this subliminal thing going on with " white ,straight , cis man bad". Complex.

Haley Mills was unrecognizable and added little to the movie. I wonder if Taylor Swift has taken legal action yet?

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2024 1:37 PM

M Night's daughter can't act. I was dying to have Josh punch her out so many times.

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2024 9:47 AM

I saw it for free, and give it a C. C-

Josh's daddy look: A-

by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2024 10:34 AM

OH GAWD the daughter was TERRIBLE!

Why you do us like that M.Night?!

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2024 10:51 AM

M Night had one good movie in him, and everything since then has been crap, sad to say. The concepts often look good but they just don’t work out. I understand he can churn these out pretty cheap usually which is how he’s able to keep making them.

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2024 11:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!