Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Morgan Fairchild in "The Seduction" (1982)

This gaudy '80s thriller is so much fun. In it, Fairchild plays a Los Angeles news reporter who is stalked by an obsessed maniac. There's pool scenes. There's drama. There's Michael Sarrazin. There's Morgan's hair. Highly recommended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2024 3:06 AM

You can watch the full movie at Tubi, a free streaming site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2024 5:40 PM

A waste of time and I love it. All of it.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2024 5:43 PM

I love Colleen Camp as her sassy friend in this. The shopping mall scene is amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2024 5:49 PM

Tonight's viewing all sorted. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2024 6:20 PM

I saw that when it came out.

BTW I follow Morgan Fairchild on Twitter. She hates Trump.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2024 6:22 PM

There are some fun and clever moments in this movie. Near the end, when Michael Sarrazin is fucking Morgan in the hot tub, he lets out a moan that suggests he's cumming, but it's swiftly revealed that Andrew Stevens has in fact just plunged a knife into his back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2024 6:26 PM

Bette Davis said she loved The Seduction.

Morgan deserves honorary DL Goddess status for so many reasons but one in particular. When interviewed by Joan Rivers, she said the one person in entertainment she'd like to meet was Stephen Sondheim.

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2024 6:30 PM

I would’ve let Andrew Stevens seduce me.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2024 6:35 PM

Morgan has the look of a classic high-society Dallas boomer, which makes it easy to assume she'd be a Republican nut, but she is certainly not a dummy. I think she is probably much more intelligent than she's given credit for.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2024 6:37 PM

Morgan and Andrew looking fabulous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2024 6:39 PM

The NYT review claimed that Stevens spends "more time blow-drying his hair than he does terrifying his neighbor or us."

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2024 6:45 PM

I adore Morgan Fairchild and adore that she was a nerdy, pudgy kid who got straight As:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2024 6:45 PM

Morgan is a good egg.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2024 7:07 PM

I would’ve fluffed Andrew Stevens.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2024 7:18 PM

Doesnt Morgan have a genius IQ? I thought I read that a few years back. I had always written her off as an 80's glamazon but then I followed her Twitter and found she would write some thoughtful, intelligent posts. Not the stuff you'd expect from, say, Victoria Principal or Bo Derek.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2024 7:24 PM

Just started watching. The opening credits have the most 1980s typeface ever in the most 1980s shade of pink ever, over lustful shots of Morgan swimming nude in a pool at night. When she emerges from the water in a full face of 1980s makeup I cheered in my living room.

Now she's going to her job in a blazer over a dusty rose blouse with a pussy bow the size of Cleveland. So far FOUR STARS.

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2024 6:20 AM

The dialogue is first rate.

"Art! Fart!"

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2024 11:02 PM

This was supposed to be her big break into movies. She had developed quite a buzz on Flamingo Road.

The movie was promoted heavily.

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2024 11:19 PM

R16 understands

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2024 11:27 PM

The director, David Schmoeller, did a lot of B-horror such as Puppet Masters after this, but he also directed the wonderfully weird Tourist Trap in 1979, which featured a young Tanya Roberts. Looking at his filmography, The Seduction is easily the most conventional film he made.

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2024 11:30 PM

Halfway through. After the stalker breaks into Morgan's house and straddles her on the couch while taking photographs of her screaming, she goes to the police and is told, "Well, come back if he actually breaks any laws."

She also has a Sassy Gay Friend at work, which would become popular in the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 21August 6, 2024 12:21 AM

[quote]Just started watching. The opening credits have the most 1980s typeface ever in the most 1980s shade of pink ever, over lustful shots of Morgan swimming nude in a pool at night. When she emerges from the water in a full face of 1980s makeup I cheered in my living room.

Don’t forget the languid theme song by Dionne Warwick, sadly never released anywhere outside the film

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 6, 2024 3:36 AM

Fairchild plays a Los Angeles news reporter - I'll stop you there. I can only believe her as a gossip columnist.

by Anonymousreply 23August 6, 2024 3:49 AM

She's fighting back with the only weapon she has - her makeup bag.

by Anonymousreply 24August 6, 2024 3:52 AM

According to the DVD commentary with the director he was not a fan of Morgan Fairchild and did not want her as the lead but I guess the financing was tied to her casting. Schmoeller said he wanted Theresa Russell which would have changed the vibe a lot.

by Anonymousreply 25August 6, 2024 3:58 AM

R23, LA News also gave us Kelly Lange, Tawny Little and Bree Walker. Any LA resident understood the scenario.

by Anonymousreply 26August 6, 2024 3:59 AM

Andrew Stevens was a graduate of the Patrick Swayze Look Constipated Acting Method.

by Anonymousreply 27August 6, 2024 4:01 AM

They used to show this on HBO all the time in the 80s. I was always disappointed Andrew Stevens didn’t get naked

by Anonymousreply 28August 6, 2024 4:10 AM

She somehow comes through my Twitter timeline occasionally with photos of herself wearing a mask as she walks around her neighborhood. Apparently she's never had COVID, so good for her.

by Anonymousreply 29August 6, 2024 4:23 AM

Andrew Steven’s makes a great psycho.

by Anonymousreply 30August 6, 2024 10:38 PM

[quote]Andrew Stevens is a psycho.

Fixed it for you, r30...and oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 31August 6, 2024 10:40 PM

Hey, poor Andrew had to be a psycho to romance Kate Jackson, Kim Darby, Morgan Fairchild and Angela Lansbury.

by Anonymousreply 32August 7, 2024 12:09 AM

This is right up my alley, OP! And the full movie is on Tubi.

by Anonymousreply 33August 7, 2024 12:27 AM

I saw this as a double feature at the drive-in, playing with Lauren Bacall’s “The Fan.” Afterwards, I fantasized about the two male leads, Michael Biehn and Andrew Stevens, doing a movie together playing similarly crazy characters (without the murders), becoming obsessed with each other, and joining as a gay couple who work to overcome their nuttiness, go into hiding, and live happily ever after.

by Anonymousreply 34August 7, 2024 3:18 AM

I recall when Meryl dissed Morgan. Meryl said she was not star but Morgan Fairchild was.

by Anonymousreply 35August 7, 2024 3:45 AM

When Morgan tells Chris Sarrazin she has everything in life she wants and she is completely happy, you know she is headed for trouble.

by Anonymousreply 36August 7, 2024 3:53 AM

According to the DVD commentary with the director he was not a fan of Morgan Fairchild

What an insensitive thing to admit to.

by Anonymousreply 37August 7, 2024 5:02 AM

The scene under the opening credits of Morgan or her double swimming in a pool reminds me of the opening of Jaws.

by Anonymousreply 38August 7, 2024 6:52 AM

Andrew Stevens just needs a really good hand job in this movie.

What this movie really needed too was a scene where Andrew somehow swaps himself out for Michael Sarrazin, in the dark or something, and has sex with Morgan’s character which she enjoys until she realises it’s not Michael Sarrazin. Yes, please.

by Anonymousreply 39August 7, 2024 7:02 AM

This is one of the movies where the stalker is gorgeous so we can never believe he would have trouble getting women.

by Anonymousreply 40August 7, 2024 1:14 PM

Morgan has always had the deepest voice on her. Like fuckin Bea Arthur.

by Anonymousreply 41August 7, 2024 3:07 PM

[quote] Like fuckin Bea Arthur.

Funny you mention that because, little known fact: Bea Arthur was originally cast in the Morgan Fairchild role. She looked forward to the nude swimming scene and the flash of muff, topless, getting into bed scene, but was cast at the last minute in a sitcom and thought that might be the better decision. The joke was on her, though as "Amelia's" was gone after a single season, while "The Seduction" ranks as a highlight of 80's cinema.

by Anonymousreply 42August 7, 2024 9:39 PM

Trope #1 the rude phone reply. The victim thinks the stalker is calling them on the phone and when she answers, she is abusive but it turns out the caller is not the stalker this time.

by Anonymousreply 43August 8, 2024 2:57 PM

Dottie Hinkle has joined the chat.

by Anonymousreply 44August 8, 2024 9:08 PM

I don’t use bad language.

by Anonymousreply 45August 8, 2024 10:33 PM

Paper Dolls is her Mona Lisa.

by Anonymousreply 46August 8, 2024 10:53 PM

[quote]The joke was on her, though as "Amelia's" was gone after a single season

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 47August 8, 2024 10:55 PM

I thought she had a sex change?

by Anonymousreply 48August 8, 2024 11:18 PM

Off topic, but is Morgan a lesbian? I’d like to imagine she is.

by Anonymousreply 49August 9, 2024 12:15 AM

Morgan doesn’t give me lesbian vibes, and she was with the same man from 1987 until his death last year. She would make for one glam lesbian though.

by Anonymousreply 50August 9, 2024 12:44 AM

I always thought she was a lesbian too. She was like ONJ. No matter how pretty and girly she acted there was always a big butch side to her.

by Anonymousreply 51August 9, 2024 12:45 AM

R51 no

by Anonymousreply 52August 9, 2024 12:47 AM

When Morgan goes to see her neighbor Colleen Camp Colleen asks her, What rattled your cage? Is this the first time this expression was used on TV??

by Anonymousreply 53August 9, 2024 3:05 AM

oops I meant in a movie though this movie looks like it was made for TV.

by Anonymousreply 54August 9, 2024 3:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!