Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The 'WIERD' Republican Party

It may have begun with Pete's comments on Donald, but now they are spreading to JD. Is this the new slogan for the 2024 election?

Should we get buttons and bumper sticker?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 29, 2024 6:26 PM

Learn to spell!

And it was the next VP, Tim Walz, who called out the weird Republican ticket.

by Anonymousreply 1July 29, 2024 12:39 PM

I think it's a stroke of genius... because it's so relatable. People use that word.

It is true that he is a threat to democracy but like with bad diets or sunscreens, human nature is factory setting not to believe something bad can happen to them. So that argument is important but the weird word just works. It is very damaging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 29, 2024 12:40 PM

I guess "Republicans Are Sick Fucks" was too harsh

by Anonymousreply 3July 29, 2024 12:42 PM

A mean girl phrase.

by Anonymousreply 4July 29, 2024 12:44 PM

This could easily backfire. They have pictures and video of Dylan Mulvaney at the White House, for example. Democrats should tread lightly.

by Anonymousreply 5July 29, 2024 12:54 PM

[quote]And it was the next VP, Tim Walz, who called out the weird Republican ticket.

Nope, credit where it's due. George W Bush said of the inauguration, "that was some weird shit". Inherited his mom's cunt gene.

by Anonymousreply 6July 29, 2024 12:56 PM

I agree the inverse is Democrats are loony or crazy or similar. The only dividing line is weird is the top of the Republican ticket and loony isn't the top of the Democratic ticket. I dunno... I love it... I think it's so relatable and such a comfortable way to put Republicans in the box they deserve. It allows you to rebut any extremity they offer without first appearing to take it seriously. Shove "OK, that's kinda weird" in front of anything and you can pivot to your message because you've framed theirs first.

by Anonymousreply 7July 29, 2024 12:58 PM

7th grade stuff

by Anonymousreply 8July 29, 2024 1:00 PM

It applies to their nutty voters who say Trump was sent by Jesus and wear Chinese made t-shirts with pics of Trump photoshopped to look like a muscle man and fly flags year round that say TRUMP TAKE AMERICA BACK! Those guys are weird as shit and we've all noticed

by Anonymousreply 9July 29, 2024 1:00 PM

Red weirdos!

by Anonymousreply 10July 29, 2024 1:14 PM

You had ONE JOB op

by Anonymousreply 11July 29, 2024 1:15 PM

They should use the word creepy more, that will trigger tf out of maga incels.

by Anonymousreply 12July 29, 2024 1:16 PM

[quote]Should we get buttons and bumper sticker?

I might start with spell check.

by Anonymousreply 13July 29, 2024 1:22 PM

Is this in the same category as “once he gets a mug shot” or “once he’s found guilty of a felony”, as surefire ways to get voters to leave Trump?

by Anonymousreply 14July 29, 2024 1:27 PM

Agree with W, Walz, and Pete (and that that spelling’s kind of weird, too).

by Anonymousreply 15July 29, 2024 1:27 PM

R11, marry me!

by Anonymousreply 16July 29, 2024 2:28 PM

I like it. Keep repeating it and make it stick.

by Anonymousreply 17July 29, 2024 2:43 PM

Op must be MAGA with his weird spelling of WIERD!!

by Anonymousreply 18July 29, 2024 2:48 PM

Trump, Vance and the Republicans WEIRD ME OUT!

by Anonymousreply 19July 29, 2024 3:02 PM

I think "Couch Fucker" has more of an impact, but ok

by Anonymousreply 20July 29, 2024 3:22 PM

It's not my fault. It's that couchfucker.

by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2024 3:34 PM

"Weird" is ok for now but after the DNC I want it to be more savage.

by Anonymousreply 22July 29, 2024 6:17 PM

Weird is perfect. It is the LAST thing they want to be. Anything more savage they will embrace. I love it. They'll try to turn it back but it never works when one side already owns it.

by Anonymousreply 23July 29, 2024 6:21 PM

Calling them weird doesn't seem insulting enough. It's kind of a dorky thing to say. It's not like anyone would be offended by being called weird. I mean what does that even mean? Weird how? It is too tepid of an insult. They need to remind everyone who Trump is all the time. show him mocking disabled people or throwing towels at hurricane victims.

by Anonymousreply 24July 29, 2024 6:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!