Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete Buttigieg Destroys another Fox New Host

This is why we need him as VP. Can any of the other white men over 50 on the short list do this? On Fox?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 31, 2024 12:40 AM

Op there are multiple threads about this interview

Some of them have dozen of replies

Why didn’t you look first?

What is wrong with you?

AYAOS?

by Anonymousreply 1July 28, 2024 11:58 PM

Uh o look at Pete looking all dapper. He is getting more confident with every interview. I think he will be our first gay president.

by Anonymousreply 2July 29, 2024 12:02 AM

Who is that blogger? He's sex on a stick!

by Anonymousreply 3July 29, 2024 12:06 AM

[quote]Op there are multiple threads about this interview

Not with the cutie commenting on it. He's kind of hot. Pretty sure he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 4July 29, 2024 12:14 AM

His name is Keith Edwards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 29, 2024 12:18 AM

Pete and Ben Shapiro should debate and see who destroys whom.

by Anonymousreply 6July 29, 2024 12:38 AM

Pete would wipe the floor with him. I like Ben but he's not as quick and precise as Pete.

I would LOVE to see Pete debate Vance. Especially since Vance thinks he's got the lock on people from that part of the country. Pete would completely destroy him because of all the never Trumper stuff he said just a couple years ago. That excuse that he changed once he met Trump needs to be called out.

by Anonymousreply 7July 29, 2024 1:54 AM

You LIKE Ben Shapiro?

by Anonymousreply 8July 29, 2024 2:31 AM

Ben is horrid

by Anonymousreply 9July 29, 2024 2:46 AM

Shapiro was hate fuckable back in the day, now he's just hate-able.

by Anonymousreply 10July 29, 2024 3:05 AM

^ Yeah, stay away from r7, he has issues 😳

by Anonymousreply 11July 29, 2024 3:05 AM

Pete looks great

by Anonymousreply 12July 29, 2024 3:28 AM

He never gets caught with his pants down. But if he did 🥵

by Anonymousreply 13July 29, 2024 3:35 AM

I want to be rotisseried by Pete and Keith the commentator guy. SO much hotness

by Anonymousreply 14July 29, 2024 3:35 AM

R7 must be talking about a different Ben Shapiro.

by Anonymousreply 15July 29, 2024 3:49 AM

OOPs, Yes I was, my bad.

by Anonymousreply 16July 29, 2024 3:54 AM

[quote]You LIKE Ben Shapiro?

Nope, it's a mistake, thinking of someone else.

by Anonymousreply 17July 29, 2024 3:55 AM

Pete is so desperate for the VEEP job. Watching him pander to Kamala is one of the few fun things in the 2024 campaign. He has never been elected to a state wide office. Never. He ain't getting the job.

by Anonymousreply 18July 29, 2024 3:56 AM

Keith has really nice lips, that's all I am saying.

by Anonymousreply 19July 29, 2024 3:56 AM

WOW ! I think by the end of the interview, he had that FOX interviewer voting for Kamala. What a class act this guy is.

by Anonymousreply 20July 29, 2024 4:30 AM

Pete is awesome!

by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2024 4:34 AM

R18 It’s not that, it’s just that he adds no political equity to the ticket. And I like Pete a lot. The man is smart; I mean smart smart. He actually might be too smart to ever appeal to a nationwide audience but I digress. I definitely see Pete being at least Senator one day. But back to the Harris equation. Here is an analogy:

When Obama won the nomination, he wasn’t going to pick a Puerto-Rican American as has his VP. One that doesn’t have an extraordinary resume but is smart and like-able just because it would make history. The votes are including in each other. The latter minority was going to vote for the Obama or the Kamala anyway. This campaign is being pragmatic.

by Anonymousreply 22July 29, 2024 4:39 AM

Basically, she'll have to make a DEI hire: specifically, the qualifications are that it needs to be a straight white male.

by Anonymousreply 23July 29, 2024 4:43 AM

[quote]When Obama won the nomination, he wasn’t going to pick a Puerto-Rican American

Um, were there any nationally known young Puerto -Rican Americans running for President? Any that won the Iowa caucus?

Pete's more than just some random smart gay guy. He had momentum and some national recognition.

by Anonymousreply 24July 29, 2024 4:47 AM

If Pete weren't gay, no one would be talking about him at all.

by Anonymousreply 25July 29, 2024 10:53 AM

That's BS R25, Or should I say Natasha?

People straight and gay love how smart he is, progressive, young, straight shooter, military background, takes of Faux News, etc. Only a Russian homophobe, most likely female would think it's only about his sexuality. What's wrong, jealous he gets more attention than you? Well that's life in Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 26July 29, 2024 11:02 AM

R26 = boring and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 27July 29, 2024 11:05 AM

R27 = Pot meet Kettle.

We are not here to entertain you Natasha. If your troll farm job is boring, you could always walk the streets at night like you used to.

by Anonymousreply 28July 29, 2024 11:08 AM

^^^ 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 29, 2024 11:13 AM

Can't hear you clearly, R28, maybe you should take Pete's cock out of your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 30July 29, 2024 11:17 AM

^ And what? Stick it up your ass? Ok

by Anonymousreply 31July 29, 2024 11:22 AM

R27 Selfie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 29, 2024 11:30 AM

Nice factory, too bad you had to move once it was discovered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 29, 2024 11:37 AM

So much jabbering - the idea that Pete would be a nobody if he were straight seems to really sting certain people.

by Anonymousreply 34July 29, 2024 11:44 AM

^ Oh, Boris, your command of the American "jabbering" is impressive... What is jabbering? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 35July 29, 2024 11:50 AM

Well, people are tired of the homophobia. The fact is Pete even if he were straight would still be just as popular. I guess Natasha can't handle such a man, especially a gay man being so accomplished while the Neudachniks she has to choose from in her work environment don't even come close to such an accomplished man.

by Anonymousreply 36July 29, 2024 11:55 AM

Inside Natasha's work place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 29, 2024 11:56 AM

R36 Hilarious that you (or anyone) thinks that Pete being gay wasn't a major factor in his visibility.

by Anonymousreply 38July 29, 2024 12:00 PM

R35 = ignorant

by Anonymousreply 39July 29, 2024 12:01 PM

^ Oh, snap! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 40July 29, 2024 12:02 PM

R38, being gay opened the door, not easily I might add, being smart, talented, progressive earned him the right to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 41July 29, 2024 12:05 PM

Pete is a great debater, and very smart, but can someone tell me what he has accomplished as Secretary of Transportation? Does he not have any responsibilities there at the moment? He seems to have a lot of free time.

by Anonymousreply 42July 29, 2024 12:09 PM

Get a load of Natasha in this hidden video, they blurred out her face, not to hide her identity, but to hide the shame of her potato sack of a body. Quite a plump one she is. Life looks so glamorous there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 29, 2024 12:12 PM

Such a happy people...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 29, 2024 12:15 PM

The price is 1100 Rubles = 12.70 USD 😂

by Anonymousreply 45July 29, 2024 12:15 PM

nj.com likes him:

"Sooner or later, Fox News producers and hosts will learn a lesson: So far, several attempts to corner Pete Buttigieg with (what they believe are) clever questions has backfired. In honor of the Summer Olympics happening now in Paris, we’ll say this: Buttigieg is one of the nation’s most skilled political gymnasts."

But they also concluded this re his being selected as Harris' running mate:

"Harris confidants and allies remain skeptical about his chances, Politico reports. They anticipate Harris will be ruthlessly pragmatic about her selection, more likely to choose Gov. Josh Shapiro of critical Pennsylvania, or Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona, a moderate Democrat from another key state. Of Buttigieg, one Harris insider said, 'I just don’t see it.'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 29, 2024 12:18 PM

Same from Politico:

"But Harris confidants and allies remain skeptical about his chances, according to interviews with a half-dozen of them, all granted anonymity to speak freely. They anticipate she’ll be ruthlessly pragmatic about her selection, viewing other contenders from outside the Beltway as better positioned to deliver key states and constituencies.

Of Buttigieg, one said, “I just don’t see it.”

And even those around Buttigieg readily concede they view him as a longshot. He and Harris are both products of the Biden administration — not exactly screaming change — and Buttigieg carries some of the same baggage as Harris from their time in the administration. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 29, 2024 12:25 PM

[quote]Politico reports. They anticipate Harris will be ruthlessly pragmatic about her selection, more likely to choose Gov. Josh Shapiro of critical Pennsylvania, or Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona, a moderate Democrat from another key state.

And there lies the mistake in their projection. Pete IS the pragmatic choice. His skills, intellect and ambition are far beyond the older white men. It's not a symbolic pick it's a practical one. The very same reason everyone coalesced around Kamala instead of an open convention.

by Anonymousreply 48July 29, 2024 12:27 PM

[quote]He and Harris are both products of the Biden administration — not exactly screaming change

You know what else that's called? Continuity. Funny thing is I read an article listing the pros and cons of all the possible VPs. They categorized being part of the same administration as a net positive. And that makes more sense since Biden has a very good record to brag about. Odd that Politico lists it as a negative.

by Anonymousreply 49July 29, 2024 12:32 PM

R41 Good to see that you agree that no one would have given Pete the time of day if he weren't gay.

by Anonymousreply 50July 29, 2024 12:33 PM

There is no factual basis to claim Pete is any smarter or less ambitious than law school educated Beshear or Shapiro, who've both been elected governor or previously been atttorneys general. Skills as a talker, perhaps he is the best, but the counter to that is perhaps too good, because you can take it as slick. Plus, is a gay man with a woman of color a pragmatic choice in a country where support for gays and the rest of the alphabet is on the decline? Is this the moment? There's an identity-based insistence around Pete in a few of you that smells of the same "it's her turn" "I'm with her" tone deafness that led to the strategic errors of the HRC campaign and we all know what that got us. Harris is excellent. She's working, to the general astonishment (for many different reasons) of everybody. Ruthless pragmatism has to trump sentimentality at this moment for this ticket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 29, 2024 12:35 PM

Stand by for trans people to be blamed for the decline of LGBTQ+ rights support in this country.

by Anonymousreply 52July 29, 2024 12:37 PM

I didn't say that R50, I said it opened the door as in showing how a gay man with the deck stacked against him earned him respect by breaking down that wall and running for president.

You are such a simpleton, you act like being gay opened doors as if it was the same as being blond with big tits. It's not the same.

by Anonymousreply 53July 29, 2024 12:38 PM

R53 The door was opened for a reason that had nothing to do with political ability. Gay or big tits, it amounts to the same.

by Anonymousreply 54July 29, 2024 12:40 PM

If they were the same R54, all the men in America would elect Pete in a second flat.

by Anonymousreply 55July 29, 2024 12:45 PM

I do not support Pete for VP in this election, but I gotta support the argument being gay was just part of his initial novelty as an entrant in the 2020 campaign... the brashness of the mayor of South Bend running for President was a big part of it too.

And then he made his case so eloquently and argued it so nimbly. There is no arguing he's a rare communicator in American politics.

Nonetheless, he has neither a lengthy track record of accomplishment or plain old tenure to compete at this moment against the other contenders. He can build it and he should, but it's unlikely the situation will ever arise where a majority thinks what we need now is a really good talker, and certainly not now.

by Anonymousreply 56July 29, 2024 12:46 PM

R55 When was President Big Tits again?

by Anonymousreply 57July 29, 2024 12:47 PM

You lost your argument by saying having big tits is almost the same as being gay as far as opening doors go. Becuase no one says it might be too risky to put a blond on the ticket. Instead they would love it. By your logic, Pete would be so popular it would be a mistake not to make him VP.

by Anonymousreply 58July 29, 2024 12:48 PM

[quote]When was President Big Tits again?

Male or Female? There are some pretty large man boobs on those old, fatter Presidents.

by Anonymousreply 59July 29, 2024 12:50 PM

R59 President Orange Tits, yikes.

by Anonymousreply 60July 29, 2024 12:52 PM

R58 No one says putting a woman on the ticket is risky?

Equating opening doors to getting elected is false, in case you're wondering when you lost the argument.

by Anonymousreply 61July 29, 2024 12:53 PM

Come to think of it, we got President Big Tits in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 62July 29, 2024 12:55 PM

Why does FOX News perform as a press secretary for Donald Trump? To defend him would always be lying.

by Anonymousreply 63July 29, 2024 1:02 PM

^ $$$$, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 64July 29, 2024 1:11 PM

I was just watching this Walz clip. Damn, he's good. He's like fun Pete. He has a feeling of lightness and fun about him that Pete lacks. Pete has almost too much gravitas. Watching him disassemble Republicans is like watching a robot disarm an explosive: precise and successful, but robotic. You know Pete's never going to miss his mark. Maybe he's got the Warren problem... great ideas, good intentions, but so smart they're almost unnatural and hard to relate to.

Does Pete need to learn to lighten up?

Meanwhile, across town, Samantha was registering voters to stuff her ballot box.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 29, 2024 3:19 PM

R65 The righty whackadoos never miss a chance to latch onto someone as being "elitist" or "out of touch" if they dare to be intelligent, educated, and not hide it well enough.

Unfortunately it works, especially if the candidate is at least dismissive or condescending to "the masses" - looking at you, Hilary.

by Anonymousreply 66July 29, 2024 9:43 PM

[quote]. Pete has almost too much gravitas. Watching him disassemble Republicans is like watching a robot disarm an explosive: precise and successful, but robotic.

If Pete is like a robot, I would like to order 200 more please.

I am not looking for silly childish entertainment like you MAGA FREAKS masquerading as progressives, I want a destroyer with facts, truth, honesty and integrity.

by Anonymousreply 67July 30, 2024 5:12 AM

Uh o. Looks like we got a Petebot forming on this very thread.

by Anonymousreply 68July 30, 2024 5:14 AM

It's a PETE thread you silly MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 69July 30, 2024 5:26 AM

He’s gonna never age and just get gray.

by Anonymousreply 70July 30, 2024 5:29 AM

Pete will never be president. During the 2020 Dem primaries he got 1% of the black vote and 2% of the latino vote.

He won Iowa--one of the whitest states--and then collapsed in South Carolina thanks to almost zero support from black voters

Some of you need to get out of your bubbles and realize this man may be the toast of coastal white elites but he has virtually zero support from core Democrat constituencies who control the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 71July 30, 2024 5:39 AM

Biden will never be President, until he was. R71 isn't it past your bed time Grandpa? Go watch some Golden Girls or Murder She Wrote, time to pass the torch.

by Anonymousreply 72July 30, 2024 5:45 AM

R71 why do you envy successful gay men?

by Anonymousreply 73July 30, 2024 5:46 AM

"America will never elect a black man President"... Oh, wait

by Anonymousreply 74July 30, 2024 5:52 AM

This:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 30, 2024 6:27 AM

^ That whole segment is really worth watching

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 30, 2024 8:23 AM

[quote]Skills as a talker, perhaps he is the best, but the counter to that is perhaps too good, because you can take it as slick.

[quote]Watching him disassemble Republicans is like watching a robot disarm an explosive: precise and successful, but robotic.

Fairly amusing debating points, but fully unconvincing. Having cringed through Biden's last desperate attempts, to witness someone plausibly considered 'the best' now feels like a blessed luxury. 'Slick' as a supposed downside of 'too good' in fact sounds like a homophobic dogwhistle from prehistoric times.

I doubt American gold medal winners in Paris will be shrugged off as 'too good.'

'Successful but robotic' is similarly unrealistic and nitpicking. Necessarily dismantling GOP dereliction so clearly and incisively doesn't require trivialising with a gag. Trump represents a clear and present danger to democracy, and PB is brilliantly pushing back against that with intelligence, logic and force.

by Anonymousreply 77July 30, 2024 9:44 AM

I could see Pete be the Harris administration's Press Secretary as opposed to VP.

by Anonymousreply 78July 30, 2024 10:06 AM

I agree that Pete is impressive but he won't be supported by enough voters to be a boost for the ticket.

And yes, I can totally see him as Press Secretary. It's a rough job though.

Chief of Staff would be a better fit. More prestigious and he'd be an excellent choice.

Pete, like Kamala, has really come into his own and we have someone to be very proud of.

by Anonymousreply 79July 30, 2024 10:57 AM

R67 200 Peetas? Well, they are cute and at least they can bake.

by Anonymousreply 80July 30, 2024 11:04 AM

[quote]I could see Pete be the Harris administration's Press Secretary as opposed to VP.

That would be a waste of his skill set. He's more than just a good talker. Almost anyone can do that job. Just look at who Trump put there.

by Anonymousreply 81July 30, 2024 11:16 AM

I dont see the point of giving him a different job if he's already Secretary of Transpiration. Press Sec would be a real down grade. Maybe if he were giving a job on the military side of things. Or since he speaks several languages, he's professional, polite, sincere, something that deal more with foreign policy. Other countries like the kind that push gays off of buildings would suddenly have to deal with a powerful gay man with America backing him. He spent part of his time as a military intelligence officer.

by Anonymousreply 82July 30, 2024 11:25 AM

But isn't a lot of the recent conversation related to how deftly Pete handles reporters' questions, especially those questions coming from conservatives?

Given that, he would seem ideally suited to handle press briefings, especially dealing with hostile reporters.

And as for using the Trump administration to say "Anyone can do that job" - while it's true that anyone can be hired for the job, it's not true that just anyone can do the job well.

by Anonymousreply 83July 30, 2024 11:25 AM

Most American voters are dickmatized by Pete and his silver tongue.

Apparently common sense makes me a MAGAT. Seriously, you can't argue the point so you just name call? Sounds pretty Trumpy to me, fan club.

by Anonymousreply 84July 30, 2024 11:57 AM

LOL... and self-inflicted... aren't... not are. But a simple typo can't climb this wall and I recognize this thread isn't a conversation, so I'll leave you to your circle jerk and the few days of delusion you have left.

by Anonymousreply 85July 30, 2024 11:58 AM

[quote]But isn't a lot of the recent conversation related to how deftly Pete handles reporters' questions, especially those questions coming from conservatives?

Yes but that's just one of his many skill sets. It would be a wast to stick him in that job. It's like saying Biden understands loss so he should never been picked for Obama's VP, instead make him a staff grief counselor.

You are very one dimensional in your understanding of politics.

by Anonymousreply 86July 30, 2024 7:37 PM

[quote]Yes but that's just one of his many skill sets.

Would you be kind enough to list them?

by Anonymousreply 87July 30, 2024 8:24 PM

Try Google R87, I am not your teacher you lazy keyboard warrior.

by Anonymousreply 88July 30, 2024 9:11 PM

No, you're a fangurl blow hard with nothing to substantiate your crush.

by Anonymousreply 89July 30, 2024 10:55 PM

[quote]Who is that blogger? He's sex on a stick!

R5, r14, r19, Just a fyi that Keith is out and proud, fellas. He posts lots of topless poolside pics and from Pride events.

by Anonymousreply 90July 30, 2024 11:12 PM

Keith looks terrible here. He is fucking gorgeous. You all should look him up. He has a lot of thirst trap photos.

by Anonymousreply 91July 30, 2024 11:29 PM

Pete in the top 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 30, 2024 11:48 PM

R92 - Pete is not in the top 3. If you read the article, he's one of the three mentioned by Republican political consultant Mike Murphy.

In other words, Pete's one GOP consultant's top 3.

by Anonymousreply 93July 31, 2024 12:24 AM

Well if the GOP is saying that, they must be worried about him becoming VP. The easiest thing for them to do is not mention him and say he's a long shot. Putting him in the spot light means they are worried about him.

by Anonymousreply 94July 31, 2024 12:32 AM

No, it meansthey want him there. And you know why.

by Anonymousreply 95July 31, 2024 12:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!