Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Front Runner film-it’s time, dammit

Now that the Olympics have finally begun I think it’seay past time for the long awaited film adaptation of Patricia Nell Warren’s groundbreaking 1974 gay novel The Front Runner to finally happen. I gather that following her death in 2019 the rights reverted to her estate trust.

Paul Newman was apparently interested in playing track coach Harlan Brown. I forgot the names being tossed around for his young track star lover Billy Sive but I think one of them was John Savage. I think the setting for the finale of the film should still be the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montral.

Any casting ideas? Could this role finally get Bradley Cooper his Oscar?

by Anonymousreply 8July 27, 2024 7:04 PM

No, lets NOT have another film about two men finding love together where one of them is murdered at the end for being Gay.

by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2024 5:15 AM

Way to go revealing the end of the story, R1/asshole. There might be someone out there who actually hasn’t read it yet.

I’m sure it’s possible that the conclusion can be altered so that the one who is killed actually survives his homophobic attack.

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2024 4:07 PM

OP Bruce Willis's character in The Sixth Sense IS A GHOST. So there. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2024 5:11 PM

Rosebud = sled

by Anonymousreply 4July 27, 2024 5:18 PM

They could change the ending

by Anonymousreply 5July 27, 2024 5:22 PM

[quote] Way to go revealing the end of the story, [R1]/asshole. There might be someone out there who actually hasn’t read it yet.

Well they should. It is retrograde gay melodrama written by a woman around 50 years ago. No more stories of gay shame, secrecy, despair and tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 6July 27, 2024 6:16 PM

Do you live in a really, really small town, OP?

by Anonymousreply 7July 27, 2024 6:46 PM

Bradley Cooper is too old and effete to play the 40-ish coach. Maybe Hayden Christensen, Jonathan Tucker, Sam Claflin, Henry Cavill, Tom Sturridge. Jamie Bell, or Francois Arnaud instead. Theodore Pellerin as Billy Sive.

by Anonymousreply 8July 27, 2024 7:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!