Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Kind Of Neighbor Are You?

Well, GAW-LEE let me think

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 29, 2024 4:21 AM

I'm a "hello", wave or nod and keep moving neighbor.

Except for the couple next door who I am friendly with and have exchanged dinner invites with.

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2024 11:14 PM

I am the pull as quickly as I can into the garage as I can neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2024 11:23 PM

Not a very good one I guess since none of them will talk to me. One neighbor got mad at me because I asked her to Please not put food out and leave it out for the cats because it was attracting rats.

The neighbor on the other side had work done on her house. My house is really close to hers so the workers had to step on my property which would have been okay but they didn't ask, trampled my 100 year old Victorian roses, broke the plastic dome over my basement window coming down off a ladder. I started to get mad and the 28 year old told me to get the fuck in my house. I am female, 4'11" and 74 years old. I told him I would do no such thing. He was Shocked. You could tell that no one had ever told him no. In the end I had to call the police. The cop told me that he explained to this guy that you ask permission to use someone's property and you don't talk to people like that.

The one neighbor across the street got mad at me when a worker working on her house parked in a space in front of my house and asked me if I wanted him to move. I said yes as I have a hard time walking and the closest space was at the other end of my block. I only have 1 car and use the one space on the street. She has a 2 car garage + 4 parking spaces in her backyard which were all empty. She came out and screamed at me and hasn't spoken to me once.

The people behind me speak to me but I hate speaking to them because she decided she likes to feel closed in so she let all these trees grow in her yard which were coming into my yard and refused to maintain them There are a couple that reseed themselves and one year I literally pulled out 1,000 seedlings. I put up a 6' fence. I begged them to remove the pine tree which was 4ft. from from my property and was about 8ft. tall. Now it is 20ft. tall and is hanging 6ft. into my yard.

I always tried to be respectful of others property, kept my stuff trimmed, I didn't bother any of them. A lot of good it did me. People are so selfish.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2024 11:48 PM

Then I don't want to be your neighbor

by Anonymousreply 4July 28, 2024 9:27 PM

An uninterested one.

by Anonymousreply 5July 28, 2024 9:33 PM

Awful ones.

by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2024 9:35 PM

Peeping Tom.

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2024 10:14 PM

I'm fine. It's everyone else who is unfriendly.

by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2024 10:18 PM

I am a very good neighbor! I keep a close watch over the whole block!

by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2024 10:26 PM

Boo Radley

by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2024 11:54 PM

R10. Hi, Boo!

by Anonymousreply 11July 29, 2024 12:09 AM

I used to have nice neighbors who I talked to but the married couple divorced and the cop next door moved closer to his job and the old folks on the other side of me sold the house to Bill and Janet who line their walkway with little american flags so I avoid them. I wave to Barbara and Shane but they lost their son to an overdose three years ago so they're sad now so we don't talk much anymore. He was a great kid. I miss him sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 12July 29, 2024 4:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!