Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Olympic swimmers admit that they all pee in the pool!

Team USA swimmers have revealed the one “foul” habit they do in “every” pool as they aim to bring home the gold from the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.

Water levels in the La Défense Arena may be rising slightly higher over the coming weeks as several Olympians made this stark admission: they always pee in the pool.

The athletes gave several excuses as to why they elect to do their business underwater rather than hop out to the bathroom when nature calls.

Zach Harting, who competed for the US at the Tokyo Olympics, told the Wall Street Journal that it was the tightness of his polyester bottoms that first made him turn to the aqua loo.

“The world changed for me,” he admitted.

For some swimmers, getting into their ultra-tight suits can take up to 20 minutes, also contributing to the need to do their business while wearing them.

Another Tokyo Olympian Jack Mitchell attributed it to drinking so much fluids – and what goes in, must come out.

“I always have to pee,” Mitchell told the Journal. “Because I’m so hydrated.”

These days, professional swimmers rarely think twice when they feel the urge to empty their bladders.

Meanwhile, only 40 per cent of adults admit to taking a leak in between doing lengths, one survey of 3,100 people from Healthy Pools found.

“It sounds so gross to outsiders, but because there is so much chlorine you don’t even think about it,” two-time Olympian Katie Hoff told the outlet.

While two-time Olympic gold medalist Lilly King says she pees in “every single pool I’ve swam in”. “That’s just how it goes,” she added.

King also revealed she has something of a special gift. “I can actually pee as I’m swimming,” she said of her multitasking abilities.

Due to the lack of time before a race, Hoff revealed that some don’t even wait to get in the water.

She recalled one instance when she was sitting next to a fellow American swimmer and “literally saw it roll down her leg and hit the floor”.

There is however one golden rule to taking a leak in the pool: don’t do it when anyone is in close proximity.

“You never want to swim through a warm patch,” four-time Olympic medalist Cullen Jones said, otherwise “you’re crop dusting everyone”.

“That’s foul,” she added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 31, 2024 1:12 AM

YUM!

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2024 9:49 PM

“It’s not pee!”

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2024 9:50 PM

I’ve never once left a pool to pee. I thought you all were joking.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2024 9:55 PM

[quote] “You never want to swim through a warm patch,” four-time Olympic medalist Cullen Jones said, otherwise “you’re crop dusting everyone”.

Jack Mitchell can "crop dust" me any time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2024 9:58 PM

We don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in our pool!

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2024 10:05 PM

Well then swimming in the Seine will be even be more perfect than they imagined.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2024 10:33 PM

[quote] Well then swimming in the Seine will be even be more perfect than they imagined.

We said PEE, not SHIT!

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2024 10:35 PM

We don't swim in your toilet...

Please don't pee in our pool

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2024 10:43 PM

I love to piss in every pool I get into

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2024 10:44 PM

Fucking trashy pigs. The chemicals used to treat pool water combine with uric acid, which is found in urine (and to a lesser extent in sweat), and the result is cyanogen chloride and trichloramine. Both of these can trigger asthma and other respiratory conditions, (which also heighten COVID19 risk and other disease risks as well, urine is NOT sterile). And the pool treatment chemicals also get depleted, reducing effectiveness.

If i caught some cunt pissing in the pool I swim at I'd give 20 fuckin whacks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 27, 2024 12:46 AM

MARY r10!!!

by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2024 12:53 AM

I piss when I’m surfing which is fine except in winter as it sometimes accumulates in the ankle of my wetsuit - rather embarrassing to be emptying it out on the sand.

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2024 1:01 AM

R12 Sand castles!

by Anonymousreply 13July 27, 2024 1:16 AM

[quote]I’ve never once left a pool to pee. I thought you all were joking.

Exactly, R3. To do so seems the normal, natural state of things. To piss before getting in the pool makes perfect sense. But to get out of the pool to piss seems ridiculously prissy. It's a treated pool, not a sterile laboratory environment, not an aquarium, not a drinking glass or a champagne flute.

by Anonymousreply 14July 27, 2024 1:16 AM

Please tell me when you go swimming R3 and R14, so I can stay OUT of the pool.

I'm with R10. It's fucking disgusting.

How hard is it to pee before you go swimming?

A pool is NOT a public toilet!!!

by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2024 1:42 AM

Well, if they don't bring home the gold, at least they've left the golden showers.

by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2024 1:44 AM

Meanwhile, we swim in outdoor pools and lakes and rivers and oceans where birds and animals are pissing AND shitting and it’s somehow fine.

by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2024 1:58 AM

R15 if you had read the linked article (I know - so many words!) you would know that professional / Olympic swimmers wear costumes that can take up to 20 minutes to get on and off, hence the impracticality of leaving the pool deck right before a race for an emergency wazz, hence the in pool peeing.

by Anonymousreply 18July 27, 2024 6:48 AM

I'm French and I don't think any one of us French would pee in a pool because we were always told that they add a chemical in the water that reacts with urin that dyes the water a very bright red and you would never get away with it. There were even warning signs to that effect in the swimming pool I used to go when I was in grammar school and then in high school.

But then again none of us would shower either, cause we're French God damnit, and we make it a point to not shower ever. Nah, Just kidding you, guys.

by Anonymousreply 19July 27, 2024 7:18 AM

The South Park episode 'Pee' is the most hilarious treatment of this subject I can think of, but I can't find a complete version of it (free) online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 27, 2024 9:38 AM

If peeing in swimsuit when out of the pool, wouldn’t it show?

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2024 10:51 AM

I've tried to pee in pools, but I couldn't make myself, even when I really had to go.

The disadvantage of having a conscience...

by Anonymousreply 22July 27, 2024 11:24 AM

Thank you R15 (and R22, and others here). The CDC also agrees with you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 27, 2024 11:35 AM

I have never pissed in a pool, never occurred to me to do so. Why not just poop in a pool as poop is mostly water

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2024 2:00 PM

When did adults start talking about “pee”and “poop” all the time? This used to be reserved for conversations with children, right?

by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2024 2:29 PM

I blame Shitty Little Ann

by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2024 2:32 PM

Adults don't piss or shit in pools, lady.

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2024 2:41 PM

I wonder if the swimmers get giardia from all that piss in the pool?

by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2024 5:04 PM

It turns out the Seine is still filthy. So anybody who swims in it will be swimming in one of the world's largest sceptic tanks. Anyway I would think it would take many decades to clean a river.

by Anonymousreply 29July 30, 2024 2:57 AM

The campaign to get as many people as possible to shit into the Seine hasn't helped.

by Anonymousreply 30July 30, 2024 3:16 AM

R29 as far as the Seine being one of the world’s largest sceptic tanks - I’m not convinced.

by Anonymousreply 31July 30, 2024 4:58 AM

[quote]professional / Olympic swimmers wear costumes.

This isn't ice skating.

by Anonymousreply 32July 30, 2024 10:25 AM

R31 Would you swim in it?

by Anonymousreply 33July 31, 2024 12:52 AM

Le Big Deal! We Français all drink out of our toilets!!

by Anonymousreply 34July 31, 2024 1:11 AM

that'w HAWT

by Anonymousreply 35July 31, 2024 1:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!