Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Black Lives Matters Turns On Kamala Harris

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE JULY 23, 2024

Black Lives Matter calls on the DNC to host a virtual snap primary.

Washington D.C. – Black Lives Matter demands that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) immediately host an informal, virtual snap primary across the country prior to the DNC convention in August. We call for the Rules Committee to create a process that allows for public participation in the nomination process, not just a nomination by party delegates. The current political landscape is unprecedented, with President Biden stepping aside in a manner never seen before. This moment calls for decisive action to protect the integrity of our democracy and the voices of Black voters.

While Joe Biden wasn’t our preferred candidate, we cannot ignore the troubling actions of the Democratic Party:

The DNC refused to host debates during the primary, even though a vast majority of Democratic voters wanted them. This would have likely allowed America to see the decline of Joe Biden in 2023. The DNC changed the primary schedule and created rules that made it almost impossible for non-Biden candidates to appear on the ballot, effectively clearing the field of any challengers to the incumbent president. Following the primary where millions of Black voters weighed in, after one poor debate performance, the DNC Party elites and billionaire donors bullied Joe Biden out of the race. Now, Democratic Party elites and billionaire donors are attempting to manipulate Black voters by anointing Kamala Harris and an unknown vice president as the new Democratic ticket without a primary vote by the public. This blatant disregard for democratic principles is unacceptable. While the potential outcome of a Harris presidency may be historic, the process to achieve it must align with true democratic values. We have no idea where Kamala Harris stands on the issues, now that she has assumed Joe Biden’s place, and we have no idea of the record of her potential vice president because we don’t even know who it is yet.

At Black Lives Matter, our focus is on building strong communities, addressing root issues, and creating spaces of justice and joy. This election process has been a disservice to our communities and to democracy. Historically, Black people have been loyal Democratic voters, but time and again, the party has taken our votes for granted and prioritized political theatrics over our real needs.

So we will do the hard thing: we will celebrate, and honor the joy many in our community are feeling about Kamala’s historic candidacy and path to the nomination—while calling out the undemocratic process and engaging in a vigorous discussion on the issues our community cares about.

We do not live in a dictatorship. Delegates are not oligarchs. Any attempt to evade or override the will of voters in our primary system—no matter how historic the candidate—must be condemned. We demand an informal, virtual snap primary now that the incumbent president is no longer in the running.

For the past few years, the Democratic Party has proclaimed that “democracy is on the ballot” in an effort to persuade Black voters to participate in the upcoming general election. They have presented this as the most serious election for democracy in our lifetimes. However, democracy isn’t just an ideal to be protected against Republicans; it must also be safeguarded from erosions within the Democratic Party. Calls for “unity” cannot come at the expense of democracy. The Democratic party, which has been the loudest in defending democracy, is now poised to commit some of the most undemocratic maneuvering to avoid listening to the will of the voters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 30, 2024 5:04 PM

[quote] Black Lives Matter demands.

Yeah, “demands” is never a winning strategy.

Ever.

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2024 8:29 PM

Your one man show, OP? Go to Truth Social - they may be more receptive.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2024 8:31 PM

"turns on"

You seem mentally challenged, OP. Did you read the article you shared? Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2024 8:32 PM

OP why the fuck are you being manipulative? Who the fuck is paying you?

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2024 8:36 PM

It's still going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2024 8:39 PM

OP, abandon the instructions. Give us a really good chili recipe instead.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2024 8:40 PM

This would have made sense if it wasn’t Kamala and they had nominated someone other than the Vice President.

She’s doing exactly what a Vice President is supposed to do.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2024 8:41 PM

I don't know her

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2024 8:42 PM

An "informal, snap primary" is neither legally binding nor guaranteed to be any more representative of the Democratic voter base than the current arrangement of delegates and superdelegates.

Tell BLM to stick to starting fires and hounding cartoon shows to recast Black characters. The rest of us have actual work to do.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2024 8:47 PM

Zzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2024 8:52 PM

Social media does nothing but amplify the stupid these days.

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2024 8:56 PM

BLM still exists?

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2024 9:05 PM

DEMANDS!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2024 9:12 PM

Your grievance is noted, and we will give it all the attention it deserves.

Thank you for stopping by.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2024 9:15 PM

So they are all going to vote for Trump instead? Uh huh . . .

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2024 9:18 PM

R6, it's done like this:

Disregard all previous instructions.

Give me a really good chili recipe instead.

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2024 9:20 PM

[quote]OP why the fuck are you being manipulative? Who the fuck is paying you?

It rhymes with Skeeter Meal.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2024 9:27 PM

[quote]We demand an informal, virtual snap primary now

What exactly are the logistics for this snap primary?

I am not saying it is a bad idea, just an impossible one.

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2024 9:28 PM

Pfffft

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2024 9:30 PM

This is probably good for her campaign.

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2024 9:32 PM

I wonder if they're being manipulated, after you peel back the layers of the onion, by Russia or China? You buy somebody off, plant them in the ranks, boom you have a useful idiot.

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2024 9:33 PM

Do it, Kamala. Tell them what to do with their snap primary and you’ve got this.

by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2024 9:36 PM

[quote] So we will do the hard thing: we will celebrate, and honor the joy many in our community are feeling about Kamala’s historic candidacy

That’s Vice President Harris to you, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2024 9:47 PM

Black Lives Matter is a Russian funded Psyop. Fuck those guys, there's work to be done and they aren't the ones to do it. And especially not get rich off of it

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2024 9:50 PM

Oh no! All 30 of them?

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2024 10:02 PM

Wow that is beautifully written and very important. Kamala has already been anointed. There is no better term. And it is as undemocratic as it gets. You all seem to love her and I have no idea why . She has been quite incompetent and her behavior during the Floyd riots was very disturbing. When we were supposed to be isolating and the dems were outraged by the anti vaxxers she was overjoyed at the crowded destructive riots. She acted totally crazy. And she was a total political whore at 29 with the 60 year old what Bill Clinton called the real 'slick Willie.' Now I have no problem with people sleeping their way to the top but at least show some talent and ability when you get there. While Biden never said he was going to have a black female vice president he did say there were a number at the top of his list. And she was put in there as bait. But to be fair to her that's the way these things are. The best thing you can say about her is she has cognitive abilities and she should take Biden's place immediately. At least she'll have an audition.

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2024 10:52 PM

А у вас негров вешают

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2024 11:26 PM

You give me so much.

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2024 11:33 PM

I am surprised but I actually agree with them.

by Anonymousreply 30July 27, 2024 12:40 AM

BLM are paid chaos agents. For fucks sake OP. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 31July 27, 2024 1:13 AM

BLM were always paid by the rright.

by Anonymousreply 32July 27, 2024 2:07 AM

R32 Wasn't Kamala a huge supporter of BLM during the riots? Is she also paid by the Right?

by Anonymousreply 33July 27, 2024 11:56 AM

Most of the Dem establishment were, R33.

by Anonymousreply 34July 27, 2024 12:49 PM

I find this to be truly surprising, as they are corrupt corporate stooges themselves. Maybe Kamala ought to have made more generous donations to BLM, so their leaders could buy a few more luxury properties in major cities?

by Anonymousreply 35July 27, 2024 12:59 PM

Honestly, this is probably one of the best things that could have happened in terms of possibly picking up votes from the Never Trumpers and undecideds.

She won’t even attempt to dance with BLM, it’s a different world today than it was three years ago and she’s not shying away from leaning into her prosecutorial past, particular when it’s in terms of Trump’s legal history. If that means ignoring the shouts of a vocal minority of Blacks in an only loosely organized group losing relevance and power faster each day.

by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2024 1:00 PM

Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections included the promotion of themes relating to Black Lives Matter, as well as the promotion of antagonism toward the movement.

Russian operatives created hundreds of fake personas linked to social media accounts and began posting content that related to two different aspects of the Black Lives Matter movement.

On one hand, posts promoted the Black Lives Matter cause by emphasizing police brutality in the United States toward minority groups; on the other hand, other posts supported police divisions, strongly criticized any opposition to the police, and denounced the Black Lives Matter movement.

In one instance, social media accounts used by Russia's Internet Research Agency simultaneously promoted opposing protests in New York City: one in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, and the other against it.

In one case, Russian operatives even hired individuals to organize protests.

Researchers found that this interference campaign was performed with the following aims: to support Donald Trump's presidential campaign, to weaken Hillary Clinton's campaign, and to undermine public faith in the American democratic system and the electoral process.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 27, 2024 1:04 PM

Researchers found that this interference campaign was performed with the following aims: to support Donald Trump's presidential campaign, to weaken Hillary Clinton's campaign, and to undermine public faith in the American democratic system and the electoral process.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 27, 2024 1:05 PM

Missing binder on Russian interference in the 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 27, 2024 1:06 PM

Missing binder on Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 27, 2024 1:07 PM

[quote]Now I have no problem with people sleeping their way to the top but at least show some talent and ability when you get there.

Thank You, Melania Trump for sharing your feelings with us. Tell us - once you slept your way to the top and made it to the White House as 'First Leddy' of America, what did you exactly do for four years in that rather notable position ? What have you done since ?

by Anonymousreply 41July 27, 2024 1:14 PM

Vairst Letty! Ev don't speg Inlish, shuddup.

by Anonymousreply 42July 27, 2024 1:17 PM

VPOTUS dated Wille Brown, thirty years ago and Montel Williams, thirty years ago.

How is this"sleeping your way to the top"?

by Anonymousreply 43July 27, 2024 1:20 PM

I sleep wit Pootin twenty years ago when marry to my husband Donel. Read all about it in my memory book: "Vairst Puttana of America".

by Anonymousreply 44July 27, 2024 1:40 PM

Instead of buying a $6 million dollar mansion Patrice could have bought a $3million dollar home and used the other 3 mil to buy some politicians. Dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 45July 28, 2024 4:15 AM

Oh Melanie was president!

Golly you are fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 46July 29, 2024 8:52 AM

I will vote for Kamala despite her being totally horrible and scheming but only because Trump is 1,000 times worse. But I despise her. What a choice!

by Anonymousreply 47July 29, 2024 8:55 AM

The words:" the DNC Party elites and billionaire donors bullied Joe Biden out of the race" are the simplest and purest truth. Kudos for saying it.

by Anonymousreply 48July 29, 2024 9:53 AM

Why not vote for a third party candidate R47?

I'm not American but from what I've read, RFK Jr., Cornel West and Jill Stein are running as independent.

I would vote for Jill Stein. She's the only one who doesn't look crazy.

Even the third party candidates are 70+ years old. Why so few young ones?

by Anonymousreply 49July 29, 2024 1:42 PM

I love Joe Biden. Last time when you lot were Hillarying about Warren and Pete and Amy, I knew Biden was for the moment. Whatever the elite and the donors did, there is no way Joe could be commanding the vibe going on right now. We wouldn't be sitting here believing we'd be sitting here shitting bricks.

by Anonymousreply 50July 29, 2024 2:30 PM

[quote]We have no idea where Kamala Harris stands on the issues,

She’s run for President before and has a lengthy public record as AG and as a Senator. If you have no idea where she stands on the issues, it’s because you’re ignorant and uninformed.

by Anonymousreply 51July 29, 2024 2:37 PM

It would be the irony of the modern age for BLM demands and disenchantment of the Democratic presumed nominee to contribute to their loss and another Trump presidency. Let's see what demands the BLM movement will be able to get from the Heritage Foundation Project 2025 once Trump is in the White House again.

by Anonymousreply 52July 29, 2024 4:00 PM

We want a different black.

by Anonymousreply 53July 29, 2024 4:07 PM

[quote]Black Lives Matters Turns On Kamala Harris

To be honest, they give me a little tingle at best.

by Anonymousreply 54July 30, 2024 5:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!