Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Evans says Ryan Reynolds is the only person he was willing to do the Human Torch role for again

"I was so excited," he exclusively tells Entertainment Weekly on the car ride back to the airport following the panel. The actor confirms it was Deadpool star, producer, and co-writer Ryan Reynolds who called him up personally. "Ryan's a buddy," Evans says. "He just shot me a text saying, 'Listen, might be a long shot, but would you have any interest in reprising something from 20 years ago?' I said, 'Oh my God! Of course.'"

"Honestly, Ryan might be the only guy that I would've done it for because he's just got the Midas touch," he continues. "His self-awareness makes him almost invincible. He makes the joke before the audience gets a chance to make the joke, so if you're going to revisit a character and you have to find a way to make it work, Ryan's humor makes just about everything work, so you feel an automatic sense of safety."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2024 5:36 PM

[quote]”…he's just got the Midas touch," he continues.

Evans must not have any awareness of Reynolds’ pre-Deadpool film career.

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2024 4:40 PM

Gurl.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2024 5:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!