Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Former "Bachelorette" contestant Josh Seiter says he has received a lot of vitriol as he transitions

Josh Seiter, a former contestant on "The Bachelorette," has allegedly faced "vitriolic" backlash from the "far left" after coming out as transgender earlier this summer.

"Ironically, I’ve found that the far left and the LGBTQ community have been some of the most vitriolic and mean towards me throughout all of this," Seiter told "The Daily Mail."

"I haven’t been met with acceptance, tolerance and open arms like the left loves to preach about," the former "Bachelorette" contestant added.

"I have struggled with my gender identity—& resulting feelings of guilt and shame-for as long as I can remember. I spent the last three decades taking great pains to keep this side of me private," the Chicagoan shared on Instagram on May 20.

"I ask for your thoughts and prayers-and patience-as I transition. I know it will take time for everyone, including myself, to adjust. I simply ask that you accept me now, just as you did before," he continued.

The Chicago-Kent College of Law grad has drawn skepticism for choices like electing to keep facial hair while transitioning to a desire to use women’s restrooms. The creator also took heat by wanting to date with values rooted in traditionalism.

"Dates can be so cheap. The last couple of dates that I’ve gone on, I’ve expected the guy to pay because I feel like the man should pay for the first date, and they just don’t want to," Seiter said in a video posted on Instagram last month.

Sitting there after the bill came, Seiter claimed to tell a dinner-mate "the guy should pay first," to which the date replied, "in that case, you should pay." Seiter added a desire to be treated "like a woman."

Users flocked to the comments with criticism of his post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 30, 2024 3:06 AM

Goddamn.

What a waste of a perfectly hot man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2024 3:56 PM

I think he's confused.

Watching his video on Instagram, he strikes me more as a fem gay man, than as a woman.

He should talk more to a therapist, before "transitioning."

He'd make a cute gay bottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2024 3:58 PM

It took me 20 minutes to realize that this person was saying they were a Trans female. I thought that he was claiming to be a Trans Man, and I thought, damn, them hormones are getting better every year!

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2024 4:00 PM

Word has it he’s deep into a satirical parody of an ultra “woke” transition, replete with all the go-to cliches that come with rambling at Trans TikTok. It’s like he studied up in advance to know which buttons to push.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2024 4:01 PM

Is he sure that it's not just because of the awful tattoos? Because UGH.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2024 4:02 PM

If he wants to transition, that's his own business. I don't really care.

But, that's exactly the point - I DON'T CARE. Stop trying to make it my business. Stop trying to make me give a crap.

Do whatever makes your happy. Stop trying to make it into some huge attention seeking moment.

There is an enormous difference between "living your truth" and advertising your truth for attention.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2024 4:03 PM

He sounds like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2024 4:05 PM

You could be right, R4.

This Instagram post almost seems like a parody.

It cannot be real.

Even the voice is way too much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2024 4:06 PM

"Week 6 of womanhood: Retail Therapy"

FAKE.

Anyone who goes on a dating reality show is definitely a fame whore looking to become a "star."

That's what this is: "performance art."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2024 4:09 PM

He's not well. The end.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2024 4:28 PM

I love it. It's great parody.

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2024 4:37 PM

R8, yep, major Bearded Lady vibes in that Insta. I occasionally watch YouTubers The Offensive Tranny and Brad Polumbo. If I recall correctly, both were saying “this has to be satire…right??”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2024 4:46 PM

I'm surprised at how much I don't get this. If that's who he is then fine....Its just a bit shocking and confusing...and I can't tell if it's authentic? Hmmmm I'm not sure what to make of him.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2024 5:26 PM

Seems like a joke. But ultimately who cares about him/her.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2024 6:02 PM

He hot.

But I couldn't be with such an attention whore.

And I'm sure it's fake BECAUSE.... M2F trans are almost exclusively still into females these days.

His post about how men are cheap and don't want to pay for the date is a DEAD GIVEAWAY.

Trans M2F don't play the submissive female role. They'll dress like women, but sexually they're still men.

FAKE NEWS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2024 8:48 PM

Has she always been attracted to and dating men?

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2024 10:24 PM

[quote] Dates can be so cheap. The last couple of dates that I’ve gone on, I’ve expected the guy to pay because I feel like the man should pay for the first date, and they just don’t want to.

Oh, honey. No.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2024 10:27 PM

I'm curious what guys are dating him.

The ones who are in on the joke?

That said, he would make an awesome gay man.

An "A-GAY," if you will.

He should consider it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2024 10:33 PM

Why did this Sun UK article say that he died last year?

That is so fucking bizarre.

What in the hell is going on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2024 10:50 PM

Dear 'J' dip your toe in the Gay pool, I think you'll love it.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2024 11:03 PM

I think the death was a hoax. Just like this is.

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2024 1:39 AM

So basically, this guy is a total phony.

I hope some huge, muscled guy meets him on a date, and then takes him home!

by Anonymousreply 22July 27, 2024 1:44 AM

The tattoos are so awful... now imagine them on a female body. Even worse!

by Anonymousreply 23July 27, 2024 2:24 AM

Whether it's joke or not, he's not more ridiculous than the guy with a huge bulge who won the women's cycling race the other day or Mulvaney explaining to be what a tampon is. We have to stop running in circles around mentally ill men and the problem will be fixed. Self-mutilation and a wig doesn't make you a woman.

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2024 9:23 AM

He's obviously taking the mick. It seems so obvious to me.

by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2024 10:46 AM

I had to use Google to translate R25.

[quote] "Taking the mick" is a British English idiom that means to laugh at someone and make them seem silly, either in a funny or unkind way. For example, "She's always taking the mick - she's got no respect for the managers at all".

by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2024 10:48 AM

R26, used in Australia and New Zealand too. 'Taking the piss' has the same meaning.

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2024 10:53 AM

R26 Haha apologies, I'm a bit tired. Usually I refrain from using British English on the internet but I forget when I need some sleep.

I meant he was mocking real trans people by pretending to be trans. It's either done for attention or because he's very anti trans and thinks being a parody of one will get more people to come around to his way of thinking.

by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2024 10:56 AM

If he wants to keep his male physical characteristics, I salute him embracing his authentic self, which includes being a bio male.

by Anonymousreply 29July 27, 2024 11:07 AM

R28: lots of Anglophiles (or at least Britbox subscribers) on DL, so many would certainly have recognized the expression

by Anonymousreply 30July 27, 2024 11:53 AM

R28, I perceive his act not so much mocking trans folks en masse, but more so the mockery of a specific subset of attention-whoring TikTok trans influencers whose main objectives are money and fame.

My perception could be flawed, however. I've got no dog in this fight.

by Anonymousreply 31July 30, 2024 3:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!