Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bernie Sanders wants an influential role in the Harris Campaign

Bernie Sanders is one of the few progressive holdouts who has yet to officially endorse Vice President Kamala Harris as the Democratic presidential nominee, because he wants to play an influential role in her campaign.

Though the independent Vermont senator said Tuesday that he wants Harris to win and will campaign for her victory, he stopped short of an outright endorsement.

He told NBC News: "I look forward to strongly supporting her. But I think if she is going to win, she's going to have to focus a great deal of attention on the plight of the American working class, come up with some very specific suggestions as to how she's going to address the reality that 60% of our people are living paycheck to paycheck."

Sanders had previously encouraged President Joe Biden to stay in the race and, according to The Washington Post, earlier this month he communicated with Biden's aides to pitch progressive policies to add to his second-term agenda.

Once primary rivals, Biden and Sanders ended up collaborating on a series of policy-focused task forces, with some of those recommendations adopted by Biden's 2020 campaign.

Since then, they have teamed up on projects like seeking to lower the cost of prescription drugs.

Sources familiar with the situation said that Sanders wants similar sway in Harris' campaign.

According to an unnamed Sanders ally who spoke to the outlet, the extent and enthusiasm of his support in the upcoming campaign depends on it, particularly how much Harris chooses to embrace policies impacting working-class voters.

"Right now, you look at where her standing is with a lot of working-class voters, and there's a ton of room for Kamala" to improve.

The source added: "She hasn't really, since she's been vice president, stated terribly strong views about how she thinks and talks about the economy."

Sanders' allies believe that the senator, who is 82 and popular with young people and progressives, could help Harris gain support from these demographics.

Other progressive lawmakers, such as Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Cori Bush, have already endorsed Harris.

Sanders told NBC News that he needs to see Harris outline a specific plan for the American working class if she's going to win, though he did not specify which policy proposals this might include.

He also told the outlet that her choice of running mate will also factor into his decision to endorse her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 28, 2024 3:57 PM

He's gonna' make trouble again, isn't he? 🤨

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2024 8:19 AM

It sounds like he wants to R1, but I think he's also just posturing.

Bernie is pragmatic, and he knows what's at stake.

Donald Trump must not be allowed to win.

That said, I think what he's saying here is that he can help to deliver some votes to her. And if she wants his help, then he wants a seat at the table, and he wants input on her policy making decisions.

I think it's not asking too much.

He's right in that she needs working class voters, and he can help to deliver some of them.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2024 8:26 AM

Fuck him!

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2024 8:28 AM

How about throwing the progressives a fucking bone!!!!

How much will that cost the always-need-to-be-right Centrists?

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2024 8:28 AM

He's not wrong that the Democrats need to focus on some kitchen table economic issues this year to pull away some votes from Trump.

Sanders is also running for another Senate term this year.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2024 8:32 AM

Bernie has an issue with women. He was horrible to Hillary, very good towards Biden, and how is playing hardball with Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2024 8:34 AM

Is he even relevant anymore?

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2024 8:40 AM

lollerskates!

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2024 8:40 AM

R7, yes, as long as he's still in the Senate. As mentioned above, he is running for another Senate term this year.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2024 8:43 AM

R7, his Bernie Bros are about equally as relevant as the Hillary voters who refuse to let 2016 ever go!

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2024 8:44 AM

R9 Vermont likes Sanders because he is against gun control and Vermont has a huge hunting community. If it wasn't for that he would've been gone a long time ago

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2024 9:15 AM

This guy again? An ineffectual Senator during decades in the Senate. He only exists as a spoiler.

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2024 10:53 AM

I want Bernie Sanders to die.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2024 11:03 AM

R6 ??????? He stated the same thing during Biden’s campaign. As it pertains to Hillary, not that I blame him but the democrat elites stole from the primary from him. In repost they and myself were both wrong. I didn’t think the country would elect a Jew. In hindsight I think he would have beat Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2024 11:09 AM

Yeah, Yah, the DNC favored an actual Democrat over a carpetbagger who joins the party when he wants to run for President, then leaves again when he doesn't get the nom. Poor fucking Bernie. You want to influence the party platform? Be a member of the fucking party.

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2024 11:48 AM

R15 They stole the primary. It’s been acknowledged. And you can say sarcastic shit all day long. At the end of the day they FAILED because Hillary Rodheim Clinton did not become the next president of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2024 11:55 AM

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Bernie Sanders eats shit

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2024 12:32 PM

Hillary supported Kamala before she supported Joe.

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2024 12:33 PM

Not a Bernie fan at all but I will say he is more practical than his supporters are. Not sure if that means much, but still.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2024 12:34 PM

R18 She sure did. I will say this Hillary actually practices what she preaches when it comes to women supporting other women.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2024 12:36 PM

[quote] You want to influence the party platform? Be a member of the fucking party.

He votes with the Democratic party in Congress, especially when it counts.

So don't sell Bernie short.

He truly is an "Independent."

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2024 2:37 PM

R21 = Susan Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2024 2:38 PM

Haven't you seen all the Dem great and good, like Mayor Pete, laud Biden for being one of the most consequential Presidents in recent history? To the extent that that is even somewhat true, it's because Biden moved left and got some real accomplishments on the board on issues he and Sanders worked together on, like prescription drug prices and renewable energy. A strong progressive wing of the Democrats means better governance.

So really Harris ought to be begging him to join her team.

by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2024 2:49 PM

STFU Colonel Sanders!

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2024 2:54 PM

I’m so sick of that tiresome old coot. Just go away, gramps.

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2024 2:58 PM

[quote] she's going to address the reality that 60% of our people are living paycheck to paycheck."

A large percentage of those people living paycheck to paycheck are just bad with money and impulse control, they see something they want and just buy it, even though they can't afford it. There really is nothing you can do about that unless we are going to force people into re-education camps to learn how to handle their money. I am not talking about people making minimum wage but people who make a decent living but are still living paycheck to paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2024 2:59 PM

^^^^^^

Spoken like a true corporatist.

Indifferent and unsympathetic to the plight of the working American.

Of course you would blame it on the middle class, and not their corporate overlords.

Fucking cunt R26.

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2024 3:04 PM

So the man who brought us Donald Trump wants a reward for it

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2024 3:09 PM

R14 and the primary wasn’t rigged for Biden in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2024 3:30 PM

He's starting the revolution!

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2024 3:46 PM

Ali Velshi interview with Bernie, talking about Kamala Harris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 27, 2024 2:02 AM

VP Harris is more progressive than Bernie and he hates her for it.

by Anonymousreply 32July 27, 2024 2:10 AM

R32 How? Please elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 33July 27, 2024 9:25 AM

R33, GovTrack ranked Harris as the most liberal senator in 2019, and then ranked her second in 2020, after Sanders. It’s a close competition between the two.

by Anonymousreply 34July 27, 2024 11:21 AM

We’re going to do it again, bitches!!!

by Anonymousreply 35July 27, 2024 11:28 AM

[quote]R1/Bronzie: He's gonna' make trouble again, isn't he? 🤨

He didn't make trouble before. When he lost the 2016 primary, Russian troll brigades targeted Sanders followers with an online disinformation campaign urging them either to vote for him anyway or not to vote at all. The vast majority of them did not fall for it, and Sanders himself endorsed Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2024 11:39 AM

Bernie did the same thing a few weeks ago with Biden when it wasn't certain whether Biden would leave the race or stay in. Bernie told Biden, "If you want me to support you, you need to adopt some of my policy ideas." And Biden did.

[quote] In a closed-door meeting with Bruce Reed and Anita Dunn, two of Biden’s closest aides, Sanders argued that the president should revive his candidacy by outlining a plan for his first 100 days that would speak to the frustrations of working-class voters — in part by emphasizing some of the Vermont senator’s favorite policies, according to two people briefed on the meeting, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations.

[quote] Two days later at a rally in Michigan, Biden endorsed two ideas Sanders pitched at that meeting — expanding Social Security benefits and eliminating medical debt — as goals for “the first 100 days of my second term.” Sanders immediately tweeted his applause.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 27, 2024 11:41 AM

Good. Bernie's economic and pro worker platform is the most popular political platform in the country - with major bipartisan appeal. To voters. Of course donors, the media, and brainwashed DL neolibs think he's satan. HILLARY AND WASSERMEN SCHULZ BROUGHT US TRUMP. Bernie would have demolished him in a fucking landslide.

by Anonymousreply 38July 27, 2024 12:09 PM

Bernie brought us 'rump.

by Anonymousreply 39July 27, 2024 12:12 PM

Bernie is a party pooper and a misogynist. He can pipe down.

by Anonymousreply 40July 27, 2024 12:28 PM

I'll be glad when Sanders has passed.

by Anonymousreply 41July 27, 2024 12:32 PM

Oh Bernie, I am sure that all the positions for Bootlicking Turncoat, Corporate Ass-Kissing Hypocrite and Self-Serving Prestidigitator have already been taken. Maybe now that what's left of Genocide Joe is being forced to retire, you can take over the Pathological Liar Old Bastard position.

by Anonymousreply 42July 27, 2024 12:34 PM

R41 Sanders(on) 🤢

by Anonymousreply 43July 27, 2024 1:14 PM

r36 He helped doom Hillary by damning her with faint praise. His followers were floundering, their support and votes could have and should have been bolder and earlier. They also applied the purity test and found her wanting, because they didn't keep their eye on the prize. I will never let the Bernie Bros off the hook.

by Anonymousreply 44July 27, 2024 1:33 PM

He could help bring certain demographic into the fold. Recent French elections provide a very good lesson in how to fight the far right. Once the fascist menace has been removed, sort out your ideological differences which are still smaller than what you'd have to deal with otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 45July 27, 2024 1:42 PM

Bernie did not support Hillary. He continued to campaign for himself after she had become the Democratic nominee.

by Anonymousreply 46July 27, 2024 2:00 PM

[Quote] He didn't make trouble before. When he lost the 2016 primary, Russian troll brigades targeted Sanders followers with an online disinformation campaign urging them either to vote for him anyway or not to vote at all. The vast majority of them did not fall for it, and Sanders himself endorsed Hillary.

That’s not when the damage was done in 2016. It was before, during the primaries. Bernie didn’t throw his hat in the ring to get the nomination, at least not initially. He wanted to run to flush out issues and perhaps get some more progressive policy goals in the Democratic platform. I was fine with that.

The problem was, he got carried away with some early successes, and so he went from an issues candidate to a full-blooded challenger/opponent of Hillary. When that happened he attacked her and set his supporters against her as well. This process resulted in them HATING Hillary, and so many of them protest-voted in the GE.

Too many. It resulted in Trump’s upset victory, by a total of 70,000 votes in the swing states. Many many more Bernie supporters voted for Stein in those swing states than 70,000.

by Anonymousreply 47July 27, 2024 3:13 PM

Bernie Sanders needs to be put out to pasture. In order to win, Harris needs to appeal to independent voters in swing states. To do that she needs centrist policies that address real concerns like inflation. Appeasing the extreme left will lose the election for her.

by Anonymousreply 48July 27, 2024 3:17 PM

Every time I listen to Bernie talk, I'm reminded of how rational and sane he is.

Bernie really is the voice of reason, but he's constantly shouted down by the two corporatist parties.

I think he's too old to be President, but he should be some kind of Senior Advisor to all Presidents, to keep them honest.

by Anonymousreply 49July 27, 2024 5:19 PM

[quote]R44/Bronzie: He helped doom Hillary by damning her with faint praise.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean; it sounds like a subjective assessment. He certainly didn't attack her. And he specifically instructed his followers to vote for her. 𝐻𝑒 voted for her. Whatever 'damned' her, it didn't come from him. She faced dozens of other forms of attack which did not come from him.

[quote]R44: His followers were floundering, their support and votes could have and should have been bolder and earlier. They also applied the purity test and found her wanting, because they didn't keep their eye on the prize.

They were as 'bold' and as 'early' as has reasonably been from followers of another primary candidate, with somewhere between 85 to 90 percent of them casting their votes for Hillary.

[quote]I will never let the Bernie Bros off the hook.

Fine, as long as you understand the difference between a live Bernie primary supporter on the ground who switched to Hillary when it came to the pinch, and online members of Russian troll brigades flooding social media with messaging like "Bernie or Bust!" all the way up to the general election. But it doesn't sound to me like you care about the distinction; you're sound like you're having too much fun blaming Bernie Sanders, while disregarding the all the other forms of social media disinformation in 2016 such as Pizzagate, Haiti funding, adrenochrome, hotel assignations, supposed assassinations, as well as Jill Stein who, along with Michael Flynn, had actually met with Putin - and of course, the Comey Letter ten days before the election, which most agree had the most deleterious effect on Clinton's chances, and lost her the election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 27, 2024 5:23 PM

[quote]R46: Bernie did not support Hillary. He continued to campaign for himself after she had become the Democratic nominee.

That is patently untrue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 27, 2024 5:28 PM

r50 I never said nor implied Bernie was THE cause of her defeat, but he was one of many who could've done more. I am not gloating, just licking my wounds because so many people either didn't realize or dismissed the importance of making sure DJT never got into the White House. All those you listed added up to propel the juggernaut that eventually took her down, not forgetting the incredible blunders her own campaign organization made, and the popular vote/electoral college notwithstanding. A little drip here, a larger drip there and pretty soon the dam burst.

Why oh why CAN'T/WON'T the Dems rally round a candidate like the Pubbies do? They ARE seemingly learning from their mistakes by hoisting KH on their shoulders, as well they should. Things should really kick up into high gear once her VP is named.

Everything, EVERYTHING, is at stake. There's no way to counter the 50 year long game the Republicans have so successfully played( we do NOT have the luxury of time anymore) EXCEPT it all has to change, and OVERWHELMINGLY so, in just ONE election cycle. Knock the Republicans into a cocked hat, and make sure they stay there.

Keep the ball rolling as was said about a certain presidential candidate(Benjamin Harrison) approx. 135 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 52July 27, 2024 6:47 PM

[quote]R52: but he was one of many who could've done more.

I really don't see how.

But with the rest, I agree wholeheartedly.

Thank you for the response.

by Anonymousreply 53July 27, 2024 6:54 PM

[quote]”He hurt me, there’s no doubt about it.”

Hillary has been clear that she partially blames Sanders for her loss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 27, 2024 7:00 PM

[quote]R54: Hillary has been clear that she partially blames Sanders for her loss.

Oh well. Can't help that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 27, 2024 7:06 PM

She’s not wrong here.

[quote]"He was in Congress for years. He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It's all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it," Clinton says…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 27, 2024 7:11 PM

[quote]There's nothing the far right hates as much as progressives, especially Bernie Sanders.

So Hillary Clinton is now “the far right”?? It’s pretty clear she hates him, as do many other Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 58July 27, 2024 7:37 PM

[quote]R58: So Hillary Clinton is now “the far right”?? It’s pretty clear she hates him, as do many other Democrats.

No, babe. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒.

And you're pretending to speak, not only for Hillary, but for Democrats in general, hard at work trying to sell anti-Bernie bullshit. You're grossly overstating Hillary's opinion on the matter.

You know Bernie's not running for president, right? Lobbying for working people is the not the threat you seem to think it is. It's a positive thing. So you can stop pissing your pants.

by Anonymousreply 59July 27, 2024 7:45 PM

Fuck that Lying old commie asshole. You do not need him, fucking asshole.

He helped dtrump win, along with the Russians& dickhead Comey

by Anonymousreply 60July 27, 2024 7:52 PM

▲ R60, Pristine far right sock. No history to track.

by Anonymousreply 61July 27, 2024 8:05 PM

R61, you need to allow people to have differing opinions. Not everyone here who dislikes Bernie is some far-right troll.

My issue is that he's running for another six-year term. He's 81 for goodness' sake. Pelosi is 84. Clyburn jumped in with his opinion on Biden and he's frickin' 84-years-old. Biden is too old to go another four years, yet these relics are still in power with no end in sight. Now Bernie is trying for a spot at the table? Enough with these egotistical assholes who refuse to let go of power. We need term limits AND age limits. NOW.

by Anonymousreply 62July 27, 2024 8:15 PM

[quote]And you're pretending to speak, not only for Hillary, but for Democrats in general, hard at work trying to sell anti-Bernie bullshit.

Nobody is selling “anti-Bernie bullshit.” Bernie is irrelevant. He’s older than dirt, and he’s a do-nothing Senator who has accomplished absolutely nothing during his 75 years in Congress. The only thing he can take credit for is helping Trump get elected in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 63July 27, 2024 8:18 PM

[quote] Bernie is irrelevant. He’s older than dirt, and he’s a do-nothing Senator who has accomplished absolutely nothing during his 75 years in Congress.

Lol.

Has he been in Congress THAT LONG?

by Anonymousreply 64July 27, 2024 8:19 PM

R51, that was very late in the game

by Anonymousreply 65July 27, 2024 8:21 PM

According to Romney, the two biggest assholes in congress are Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders. But he said this years ago so this "ranking" may be different now.

by Anonymousreply 66July 27, 2024 8:23 PM

[quote]Pelosi is 84. Clyburn jumped in with his opinion on Biden and he's frickin' 84-years-old. Biden is too old to go another four years, yet these relics are still in power with no end in sight.

I agree. But is anyone else stepping up? Have any Democrats tried to primary in California this year, or Clyburn in South Carolina? They’re going to keep running every two years until they’re dead, or until someone tries to stop them.

by Anonymousreply 67July 27, 2024 8:37 PM

Sit down and shut up, old man.

I kinda doubt Kamala Harris needs advice and mentorship from such a loser.

by Anonymousreply 68July 27, 2024 8:57 PM

Fuck Bernie Sanders and fuck all the assholes who voted for him in 2016. A big reason why we're in the fucking mess we're in right now is because of them. Hillary would be at the end of her second term right now.

God, I hate them all.

by Anonymousreply 69July 27, 2024 8:57 PM

No love for Bernie on DL.

by Anonymousreply 70July 27, 2024 9:02 PM

[quote] Recent French elections provide a very good lesson in how to fight the far right. Once the fascist menace has been removed,

By American standards, the "far right" in France have more in common with centrist Democrats than Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 71July 27, 2024 9:02 PM

R71, that's fucking bullshit, shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 72July 27, 2024 9:22 PM

No it isn't. There is really no equivalent to the American Republican Party in Western Europe. It would be considered an extreme fringe party. Truth.

by Anonymousreply 73July 27, 2024 9:24 PM

Dear R61, THANK YOU for calling me a "Pristine far right sock" I've never been called that before, so sweet!!

I forgot to sign out under "secret agent code"...Phillywhore. I was using my cell phone, hate typing on it.

by Anonymousreply 74July 27, 2024 11:18 PM

r74 pay no attention to Poisoned Dragon. He's a paranoid lunatic who stalks everybody on DL and thinks we all have multiple sock accounts. He's a very strange bird.

by Anonymousreply 75July 27, 2024 11:20 PM

Oh please. The true progressives (not the wealthy "limousine liberals" ala Sarandon) don't want shit to do with him anymore, after he backed Biden 100%. They know he's a clown and a sellout.

Hillary may have lost the election, but she won in the end. History will be kind to her. Bernie will be at most, a tiny footnote.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sarandon endorses Harris, simply for the cool factor of endorsing "the black woman". She's as deep as a child's wading pool. She supported Biden, even though Biden supported the same Iraq War that she venerated Clinton over. She's the upper class soccer mom who's down with what "the kids" are doing.

by Anonymousreply 76July 27, 2024 11:25 PM

Hillary has publicly stated that she fucking hates him.

by Anonymousreply 77July 27, 2024 11:29 PM

I don't pay attention to any insults on here, but I've never been called a far-right sock.

Everyone who knows me knows my politics are "centrist to liberal Democratic" except my belief in the Death penalty. If the DNA matches, kill them all.

by Anonymousreply 78July 27, 2024 11:41 PM

[quote]...not that I blame him but the democrat elites stole from the primary from him.

You sir are a fucking tard.

by Anonymousreply 79July 28, 2024 12:33 AM

Listen, I supported Sanders in the 2016 because I despise the Clintons. But old man Sanders needs to sit down and shut up now. Mansplaining to Harris what she has to do to get his blessing is beyond obnoxious.

Oh and R71 is an idiot given that the far right in France at the moment are re-branded Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 80July 28, 2024 12:40 AM

r80 they're hardly Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 81July 28, 2024 1:01 AM

OK, they are direct political descendants of Vichy collaborators. Happy now?

by Anonymousreply 82July 28, 2024 1:19 AM

^^idiot

by Anonymousreply 83July 28, 2024 1:51 AM

Simmer down, Marine @R83.

by Anonymousreply 84July 28, 2024 2:01 AM

R63 I didn’t realize back in the day one could become a senator at 8

by Anonymousreply 85July 28, 2024 3:08 AM

r85 it's a fucking joke. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 86July 28, 2024 3:11 AM

And I want a million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 87July 28, 2024 4:15 AM

The Bernie hate here is insane.

by Anonymousreply 88July 28, 2024 10:13 AM

Wow, a whole thread full of spiteful attacks on Bernie for not campaigning for Hillary even harder and louder and so apparently 'handing the White House to Trump'. But not one single person has yet mentioned Hillary's planet-sized entitlement which saw her go weeks without a single event scheduled in the Rust Belt? Weren't these guys meant to provide the competent government, not the virtual signalling? Weren't the grown-ups meant to be back in the room by now?

Centrists: it's never their fault.

by Anonymousreply 89July 28, 2024 10:24 AM

BTW just seen this. Apparently HRC's campaign didn't want to send her to Michigan, for fear that she might LOSE ground if she held an event there. Such a touching faith they had in her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 28, 2024 10:28 AM

R29 wrong year my friend. We were talking about 2016. Any democrat who blames Sanders for Hillary’s lost is mentally ill. She and her pals of the Democratic elite stole the primary and then lost election. Perhaps if the person the base wanted which was Sanders would have had a fair shot Sanders would be wrapping up his final year as president and endorsing Senator Kamala Harris.

I hold no gripes toward Hill. At the time I was glad they stole the primary. I didn’t think a socialist Jew could win the general election. Next time you steal a primary while also propping up a deranged megalomaniac because America would never actually vote for him over your household name, you need to motherfucking win.

by Anonymousreply 91July 28, 2024 10:34 AM

R90 I heard that Hill’s campaign was using some new innovative methodology of Facebook algorithms and other social media presences which indicated she was safe. Only somehow it couldn’t account for underperformance in swing states. Anyone knows what I am talking about. Something I remember reading.

by Anonymousreply 92July 28, 2024 10:45 AM

R72 That is absolutely true.

by Anonymousreply 93July 28, 2024 10:47 AM

[quote] I heard that Hill’s campaign was using some new innovative methodology of Facebook algorithms and other social media presences which indicated she was safe.

You're correct. Robby Mook and the rest of Clinton's campaign used an algorithm called Ada to guide nearly all their decisions. It was shrouded in secrecy but hailed as ground-breaking, cutting-edge technology. They had planned to make it publicly available after the election so that Clinton's remarkable success could be replicated in future Democratic campaigns.

From the Washington Post article at the link:

[quote] Inside Hillary Clinton's campaign, she was known as Ada. Like the candidate herself, she had a penchant for secrecy and a private server. As blame gets parceled out Wednesday for the Democrat's stunning loss to Republican President-elect Donald Trump, Ada is likely to get a lot of second-guessing.

[quote] Ada is a complex computer algorithm that the campaign was prepared to publicly unveil after the election as its invisible guiding hand. Named for a female 19th-century mathematician — Ada, Countess of Lovelace — the algorithm was said to play a role in virtually every strategic decision Clinton aides made, including where and when to deploy the candidate and her battalion of surrogates and where to air television ads — as well as when it was safe to stay dark.

[quote] The campaign's deployment of other resources — including county-level campaign offices and the staging of high-profile concerts with stars like Jay Z and Beyoncé — was largely dependent on Ada's work, as well.

[quote] While the Clinton campaign's reliance on analytics became well known, the particulars of Ada's work were kept under tight wraps, according to aides. The algorithm operated on a separate computer server than the rest of the Clinton operation as a security precaution, and only a few senior aides were able to access it.

[quote] According to aides, a raft of polling numbers, public and private, were fed into the algorithm, as well as ground-level voter data meticulously collected by the campaign. Once early voting began, those numbers were factored in, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 28, 2024 11:24 AM

Che Sarandon’s hat 🎩 trick : Bush-Trump-Trump

by Anonymousreply 95July 28, 2024 12:06 PM

[quote] The Bernie hate here is insane.

Unless someone knows him personally or is a member of his family, why would anyone care if that’s so? I don’t hate Bernie, but it doesn’t bother me if others do or want to vent about it.

by Anonymousreply 96July 28, 2024 2:55 PM

Love the morons who think Bernie actually could have been elected.

by Anonymousreply 97July 28, 2024 3:12 PM

R89, Bernie wasn't the sole reason for Hillary's lose but he was absolutely a factor in it. He played along with that whole "DNC rigged the primary" BS.

by Anonymousreply 98July 28, 2024 3:12 PM

Is Robbie Mook still in politics? He was the worst campaign manager ever.

by Anonymousreply 99July 28, 2024 3:31 PM

He’s a fucking back stabbing cunt.

Him and misogynistic bros can fuck all the way off. I hate all of them.

by Anonymousreply 100July 28, 2024 3:43 PM

[quote]But not one single person has yet mentioned Hillary's planet-sized entitlement which saw her go weeks without a single event scheduled in the Rust Belt?

It's been well-documented here that her campaign was inept and poorly managed. That being said, Bernie Sanders made things worse and contributed further to her loss.

by Anonymousreply 101July 28, 2024 3:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!