Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Origins of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos winds up in court as former PepsiCo executive sues, claiming he invented spicy snack

😋😋

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2024 1:50 PM

Murdoch NY Post links give clickdollars and SEO to people who hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2024 8:10 AM

Wonder if he had to sign a nondisclosure agreement.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2024 8:17 AM

I feel there’s more to this story than revealed, that he tried to extort or demand more money or made an outrageous overstatement about soley inventing it- or outlandish claim that the company finally had to address- OR the original team that developed the flavors stood up and spoke- getting tired of his grand standing. Both sides would have spotty records after 30 years and they should’ve addressed it sooner.

It’s not just “spicy cheese dust” you could produce at home, either.

The flavors are created in a lab, are heightened synthetically, produced and sprayed evenly in a way I find hard to be able to replicated outside a factory. They would have had to create dozens of variations to get it right, and the final agreeable version would’ve had to pass quality, production and performance testing with the processing line.

The product wouldn’t be something you could buy in a market, it’d likely need consulting by IFF (International Flavor & Fragrance) to create dozens of variations to find the perfect one that could be atomized, spread evenly and dry perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2024 8:29 AM

I wouldn't own up to this culinary nightmare if it were me.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2024 8:29 AM

Strange. I was just thinking of everything flavored fiery and flaming. I see long term health effects from this like corn syrup. Ulcers, colitis, diverticulosis …. My God fiery Mountain Dew?!? I can’t eat Hot Tamales candy since they amped up the hot. What can’t they make a mild one too. They actually burn my gums.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2024 11:00 AM

The Flaming Cheetos Cheetah 🐆 is now a glowing black light action figure, so I can see why he wants in on the cross marketing gravy train. 🚂

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2024 11:06 AM

they have fiery Mountain Dew?!😋

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2024 11:16 AM

I was supposed to be nominated for an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2024 11:21 AM

Royalties? Oh hunny. That’s not how any of this works.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2024 1:44 PM

one can buy spicy cheese dust. see amazon and mythical kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2024 1:47 PM

We should sue.

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2024 1:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!