Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King Reflect on Longstanding Lesbian Rumors

Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King are discussing their deep, years-long bond.

As Winfrey, 70, and King, 69, appeared on Melinda French Gates' Moments That Make Us interview series on Wednesday, July 24, the women spoke with Gates, 59, about the life-nourishing power of their close friendship.

"I think we've shared pretty much everything and I would have to say, it wasn't even a matter of navigation," Winfrey said of their effortless bond that at times has been mistaken for something more.

"You know, for years, people used to say we were gay, and listen, we were up against that forever. And people still may think it," Winfrey noted.

"I used to say Oprah, 'You gotta do a show on this, because it's hard enough for me to get a date on Saturday night with people thinking we're gay,' " King added. "Because if we were gay, we'd tell you!"

Winfrey and King's friendship dates back some 50 years and began when both women worked at the Baltimore-area news station WJZ-TV. Winfrey offered King to stay at her place for a night during a major snowstorm and the pair grew close overnight. While speaking with Gates, Winfrey pointed out that she believes those rumors swirl because people "aren't used to seeing women with this kind of truth bond."

"The reason why I think our friendship has worked is because Gayle is happier, not happy, but happier for me for any kind of success or victory or challenge I get through than I am for myself," Winfrey said. "And I feel as happy as she does — I can't be happier than, cannot surpass Gayle. You cannot out-happy her. I am equally as happy for her."

The two-time Academy Award winner added that friendships with "with anybody who has a hint of jealousy about anything that you're doing — certainly about your success or your being celebrated" do not necessarily work.

"I just assumed everybody had a really good friend," King said of her bond with Winfrey. "I just assumed every woman - maybe not for men - but I just assumed every woman had at least one."

The pair also noted during the conversation that their bond allows them to cut through outside noise they receive from people in their lives who are perhaps not as honest with them. "In Oprah's life, everybody is always very flattering and is always very agreeable with things that she says," King noted. "And sometimes I'll just go, 'That's just not true. Your hair does not look good.' "

"We've both done that," both women agreed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 30, 2024 12:08 PM

[quote] King added. "Because if we were gay, we'd tell you!"

Sure, Jan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2024 6:35 AM

How can Gayle breathe?

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2024 6:45 AM

Oprah and I have hot sex every night, that should put those pesky rumors to rest

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2024 6:47 AM

They also share weight loss shots

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2024 6:48 AM

Please!!!! Those two dykes have done more scissoring than a bunch of faus gathered on a Saturday morning drinking mimosas and having a girl’s day couponing.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2024 7:09 AM

I don’t understand why people say they mess around. It’s not like they’d lose anything if they did come out and say that they’re gay.

I personally don’t believe the rumors.

by Anonymousreply 6July 27, 2024 2:41 AM

Gayle is total nepo lez.

by Anonymousreply 7July 27, 2024 2:43 AM

R6 Please, Gayle is Oprah’s biatch. And there have always been rumors that O is an ass man, and we all know Gayle has a big wagon.

by Anonymousreply 8July 27, 2024 2:44 AM

Literally every woman I’ve met that says Oprah and Gayle are secretly gay also has no close relationships with women and always says how “they can’t be friends with women” or they have problems with other women lmao every. Single. Time.

They really are telling on themselves lol they probably have those acquaintance girlfriends that take digs at each other and have fallouts every other week.

by Anonymousreply 9July 27, 2024 2:47 AM

Just let them be. Whether or not they are lesbians means very little.

by Anonymousreply 10July 27, 2024 3:58 AM

“If it weren’t for me, you’d be nothing!”

by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2024 4:08 AM

I think they're probably a couple.

Side point: if they are a couple, kudos to them for staying together that long.

I think Gayle is a person who probably gives Oprah a true opinion. Kudos to Oprah for not surrounding herself with only "Yes Men." Other than Gayle, though, Oprah is probably surrounded with Yes Men.

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2024 4:14 AM

R12 It is so weird that you would project that onto them. The people with no real friends are letting it show. How sad. Oprah can buy and sell every one of us. She wouldn't care about coming out, especially not in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 13July 27, 2024 4:28 AM

Let's meet our panelists.

Oprah, a lesbian.

Gayle, another lesbian.

And Rosie O'Donnell and Rachel Maddow, image consultants.

by Anonymousreply 14July 27, 2024 4:49 AM

R8 That big ol dumptruck was featured in Sports Illustrated recently. Clearly a gift, from Gayle to O.

by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2024 4:57 AM

"I used to say Oprah, 'You gotta do a show on this, because it's hard enough for me to get a date on Saturday night

Remember that Oprah show where she had Gayle out on dates. I had to laugh at her expectations, like that the man should bring her a present.

by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2024 5:01 AM

GAYle and Harpo couldn’t make it any more obvious if they tried. Why keep the charade up?

by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2024 5:02 AM

[quote] GAYle and Harpo couldn’t make it any more obvious if they tried. Why keep the charade up?

Alright, fine!

I eat Oprah's pussy and I love it. We scissor each other every night, and make sweet passionate love, ending in multiple creamy orgasms.

Are you happy now, R17????

We're in love and we don't care who knows it. WE ARE LESBIANS IN LOVE!!!

by Anonymousreply 18July 27, 2024 5:06 AM

Oprah has always seemed asexual and too obsessed with herself to have a relationship, gay or straight. I do think if they were gay, they would have come out by now. They’re old and wealthy, and no one would care.

by Anonymousreply 19July 27, 2024 5:07 AM

Were they in the 69 position during the interview?

by Anonymousreply 20July 27, 2024 5:49 AM

R9, it's not her close relationship with Gayle, it's more about her convenient relationship with Stedman. She wheels him out of storage every time the rumors heat up. When I've seen them together her body language is not that of a loving longtime partner.

And I also find it odd Gayle has no significant other besides the occasional bearding. When she vacations, she vacations with Oprah. When there's an event she attends it with Oprah. There's close friends and then there's CLOSE friends.

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2024 6:07 AM

[quote] There's close friends and then there's CLOSE friends.

They're like sisters, R21.

SCISSOR SISTERS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 27, 2024 7:36 AM

Nobody gives a shit -fuckin Lez

by Anonymousreply 23July 27, 2024 8:51 AM

[Quote] …the life-nourishing power of their close friendship.

Sipping from the furry cup keeps them both ‘nourished’.

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2024 9:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2024 10:29 AM

Negroes in the hooooouuuuuuse!!!

by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2024 1:21 PM

It's not that weird for 70 year old women to be more interested in close friendship than a sexual relationship, gay or straight. In fact, why even put an age on it? Once you've been burned a few times in sexual relationships it would have to be worth it to engage again - gay or straight. Life isn't just about fucking.

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2024 1:41 PM

[quote]King added. "Because if we were gay, we'd tell you!"

I believe them. Especially at this point in their lives, they would have zero reason to lie about it. I do believe that two people can have a very close bond, and not be fucking.

by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2024 1:50 PM

[quote] I do believe that two people can have a very close bond, and not be fucking

What's odd is that some people can't seem to conceive of such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 29July 27, 2024 2:23 PM

R21 What bearding? She dated men over the years, was married to a man and has kids

by Anonymousreply 30July 28, 2024 10:49 AM

I clicked through from that story to the one about Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Gigi Hadid and Hugh Jackman attending the Deadpool premiere together, which seems like a lot more fun. Most awkward photo ever: Blake and Gigi are holding hands. Ryan has grabbed Blake's other hand at a really strange angle, and Hugh is standing off to the side. One of the other linked stories is about why Blake and Gigi attended together. The story ignores Sutton's existence. (As, apparently, does Hugh.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 28, 2024 12:33 PM

I thought Gigi was fake dating Bradley Cooper? His ex, Irina Shayk is fake dating Tom Brady now. Allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 32July 28, 2024 3:32 PM

[quote] I clicked through from that story to the one about Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Gigi Hadid and Hugh Jackman attending the Deadpool premiere together, which seems like a lot more fun. Most awkward photo ever: Blake and Gigi are holding hands.

I've always said that Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively are bearding for each other.

I truly believe that Ryan and Hugh are the real couple.

Then thee's Blake, who is always holding hands with some rumored lesbian, like Taylor Swift of Gigi Hadid.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I think these people are just hiding in plain sight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 28, 2024 5:21 PM

R32 "I'm no conspiracy theorist"

Sure Jan

by Anonymousreply 34July 28, 2024 5:43 PM

Orca and Gayle have been hiding in plain sight all these decades.

Ryan Reynolds is annoying and his jokester shtick (much like Clooney's) is to deflect. Same goes for Jackman.

Leo DiCaprio's shtick of being photographed with young models to ingrain in the public's mind that he is straight is tiresome. No chemistry with any of them.

Sidenote: Daily Mail has an article right now about Tom Selleck captioned "....the bearded actor...." LOL. I guess they know.

by Anonymousreply 35July 28, 2024 5:52 PM

R35 You are making shit up, as I expected. They are mentioning that he ditched his trademark mustache for a beard. Which he did. There are not hidden messages in everything you read.

by Anonymousreply 36July 28, 2024 6:58 PM

R33's theory sounds plausible.

by Anonymousreply 37July 28, 2024 7:01 PM

Oh do fuck off r36, there are in fact hidden jabs in [bold]Daily Mail headlines[/bold] on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 38July 28, 2024 7:02 PM

R30, Cory Booker.

Please name the men she's been dating over the years.*crickets*

by Anonymousreply 39July 28, 2024 9:51 PM

Add this to it- Stedman was married long ago and rapidly divorced, one child, no other marriages, he's not a bad looking guy and supposedly educated and successful, he would have been snapped up immediately, but no, he got Oprah as a non marriage girlfriend, it just doesn't smell right.

by Anonymousreply 40July 28, 2024 11:16 PM

They're all in the closet.

GAYle, Orca, and Steadwoman.

by Anonymousreply 41July 29, 2024 1:59 AM

R39 So? He was also with Rosario Dawson? Does that mean she's a lesbian too? Gayle married a man long after she and Oprah met, had two children with him and stayed together for 10 years. So yeah, she clearly isn't gay. And she dated some other guys, it was posted on Lipstick Alley

by Anonymousreply 42July 29, 2024 6:51 AM

[quote]He was also with Rosario Dawson? Does that mean she's a lesbian too?

Dawson came out as "LGBTQ" a few years ago, even though she's "never had a relationship in that space"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 29, 2024 7:53 AM

R43 She came as bi, not gay. Which is totally different thing. Is she was gay, it would mean all of her relationship were fake, including her current boyfriend. Being bi, means something completely else

by Anonymousreply 44July 29, 2024 9:15 AM

Oprah Winfrey reflects on her longstanding love 💕 for

Donuts 🍩.

by Anonymousreply 45July 29, 2024 10:45 AM

Do Oprah and Gayle shoot up Ozempic together?

by Anonymousreply 46July 29, 2024 10:46 AM

R44: I was only replying to the previous poster ("Does that mean she's a lesbian too?"). She came out as bisexual, yes.

by Anonymousreply 47July 29, 2024 4:08 PM

Gayle is way too omnipresent. Wherever Oprah is, there's Gayle too! It's like Oprah has to take one step--draaaag Gayle. Take another step--draaaag Gayle. Them girls be bein' always together!

by Anonymousreply 48July 30, 2024 12:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!