Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does Anyone Thing Biden's dropping out was planned and he faked everyone out?

We've discussed Trump's assassination attempt and whether some feel it was fake. But I have been wondering about shrewd Old Joe Biden. He plays 3 dimensional chess. I think he kind of knew after the debate, or maybe even just before it, that he wasn't up to campaigning and also running the country. So while he was defiantly resistant in public, I think he had things going down two tracks. I think he was discussing options on how and when to drop out before anyone including friends allies etc. had a clue. Think about it. The GOP was all geared up to run against him. Their strategy was Biden. Their convention was about Biden, their ads were about Biden. They spent a small fortune against Biden, only to have him drop out and flip the script. His timing wasimpeccable.It did maximum damage to the GOP and caught them all off guard. And it demonstrated extremely poor planning on their part. So what do you think? Was the dropping out as spontaneous as it appeared or not?

by Anonymousreply 34July 27, 2024 4:24 PM

The tip-off is the June debate. No one ever does that. He was acting. Then he had to fiercely defend his ambitions as the calls for stepping aside grew louder. Then the statement that perhaps a health crisis would be a teason to step aside. Then the fake Covid. [Please pause for the Republican National Convention]

Finally, a weekend of recuperation, contemplation... and finally surrender.

What's coming next are some drop-dead August, September and October surprises that will cause Trump to plummet in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2024 2:06 AM

Does Anyone Think Biden's dropping out was planned and he faked everyone out?

No

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2024 2:08 AM

The June debate, R1, was a recognition that Biden was behind & he had to put to bed all those fears he was too old. Epic fail. My question is how could his people have thought this was a good idea, especially when he could have declined to debate, arguing he wasn’t going to dignify a convicted felon by appearing on the same stage with him.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2024 2:20 AM

Thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2024 2:21 AM

I think the press was totally in the dark and their bullying him in public perfect.Played right into the Dems' hands. The press was so fucking ugly.But I do believe that Nancy and Barack were in on it, and were playing a role. They were working to prepare various elected Dems and party leaders all over the country for the fact that Joe would drop out and step one was to convince them he "ought to." A lot of Dems were pissed off at the Media and rightly so. They were encouraging Joe to stay in it. So they had to be handled gently and led to the right decision without seeming like it was forced. I get it.Joe was reluctant to quit.I think t hat was real, but he gradually recognized he had to and he came to that conclusion long before he let on. I love how he snubbed the press by releasing a letter on a Sunday afternoon to Instagram. LOL! The nasty network n ews shows were blindsided.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2024 2:28 AM

You can speculate as to whatever he might have planned for this, but he's not "faking everyone out".

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2024 2:38 AM

I think he realized that he wasn't up to it and he wasn't going to have his legacy after such a distinguished career be that he was the reason Trump got back in the White House. But I think he wanted to time this correctly to wait until after the GOP convention so that all their plans to go after him would be useless to them now. So the timing was brilliant. Joe is an amazing man and was an amazing president and saved us after 4 years of the orange turd.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2024 2:51 AM

OP- He’s not shrewd. He’s senile.

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2024 2:52 AM

3/10

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2024 2:53 AM

[quote]and saved us after 4 years of the orange turd.

And hopefully will help to save us from four more.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2024 3:03 AM

Yeah, R10, his legacy depends on it.

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2024 5:21 AM

Was Biden’s dropping out planned?

Who cares?

Trump is a menace and can never step foot near the White House.

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2024 5:25 AM

The debate was a huge mistake. I get that he’s not getting any younger and that he needed to shake up the race but the campaign should’ve waited until the Fall. Yes Pelosi and Obama were the main masterminds behind the coup. Biden knew he could no longer win against Trump and he didn’t want to go down in history as an interval between two Trump terms. While he did make the best decision for him and his legacy, this is still a pretty embarrassing way to go out. The torch was pried from his hands and given to the woman who basically called him a racist in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2024 5:43 AM

Yes, R13, the campaign should’ve waited until the fall, but Democrats & the country would’ve been fucked if that had happened. Hopefully, Biden’s late departure won’t have the same effect.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2024 5:47 AM

Joe didn't want to quit. But once he recognized it was necessary, it became important HOW he quit and he and some very small circle of advisers may have very deliberately orchestrated events to their advantage and Trump's disadvantage. He also would not want it messy so getting everyone on board was important. I don't think there was some nefarious plot. But I do think there was planning. The roll out of HArris was too smooth for it not to have had some planning behind it.

by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2024 1:14 AM

He out-Trumped Trump, and it is spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2024 1:16 AM

FFS - always with the conspiracy theories OP.

by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2024 1:21 AM

Maybe I'm just being cynical but I could see the powers-that-be in the DNC planning for something like this for months. If so, well played.

by Anonymousreply 18July 27, 2024 1:22 AM

Funny Jill stayed close to his side for the last three and a half years and carefully planned his outings and life afraid they would find out how bad off he was and now she is off to Paris without him. He is of no use to her anymore. I read that she is very angry at all the Democrats who pushed him out.

by Anonymousreply 19July 27, 2024 1:33 AM

I can't imagine they didn't at least have a contingency plan. Anything could happen to a man his age, even if he is basically healthy. I don't think he's senile, but optics matter. Another campaign would have been very stressful and his numbers were already bad. That's not a situation where you can afford to wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 20July 27, 2024 1:39 AM

Wow. It's pretty fucked up to find there are so many people here on the same conspiratorial level as the deluded right wing MAGAs.

Yeah, sure, this was a 3-D chess game level plan concocted by the Democrats months earlier and rolled out in timed steps to outplay Trump after the RNC convention.

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2024 1:40 AM

I see most of you walked right into the trap. You're as gullible as Deplorables on Parler.

Maybe he just doesn't want to die in the Oval Office at age 85? You have to also figure in the abuse his family has received. Now that there's nothing to gain, the impeachment attempts, trials, hearings, investigations, etc... will just fizzle.

by Anonymousreply 22July 27, 2024 1:45 AM

It doesn't matter now. I love that Trump knows that Kamala is a formidable foe and he's a wreck.

by Anonymousreply 23July 27, 2024 1:53 AM

I think Dems pushed Biden out and he’s totally pissed about it.

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2024 1:56 AM

Quo vide:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2024 2:01 AM

R19 You make Jill sound like Beth Jarrett

by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2024 2:03 AM

Whatever happened the timing was fucking IMPECCABLE, coming seconds after the GOP convention ended and obliterating their clown show right off the news.

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2024 2:07 AM

R27 It was already obliterated as Biden running/not running went to the top of the news cycle that Saturday after the convention. As most of the gossip that had been posted wound up being true, I’m likely to believe the reports that things were about to get even worse the coming week had he not dropped out.

I think at that point Biden knew he couldn’t outrun the ever increasing number of dems going against him and he threw in the towel. And yeah I believe him and his family are pissed about it.

The media is laying it on thick with the noble gesture routine, but that’s how they are.

How he’s going to be judged in history will largely depend upon if Kamala wins. It’s too soon to tell.

by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2024 2:23 AM

I agree with r15, the rollout of Harris was very smooth. All the endorsements, the massive fundraising, even ads and the whole “he’s weird” take, dead simple and effective.

Although I’m sure “weird” caps and t-shirts will show up any day now. There’s no low to which they will not sink.

by Anonymousreply 29July 27, 2024 12:36 PM

[bold] JOE, NANCY, CHUCK, BARACK > [/bold] > Donald, J.D., Kimberly and Junior

by Anonymousreply 30July 27, 2024 1:21 PM

[quote] [R19] You make Jill sound like Beth Jarrett

Beau would never….

by Anonymousreply 31July 27, 2024 1:53 PM

Look. This was a very dicey situation. The incumbent POTUS running for re election falters. He is a catastrophe waiting to happen. He needs to bow out. Ordinarily, in this scenario the advantage would go to his opponent. His party, his successor, every down ballot race and both houses of Congress would go down with the ship. So who ever maneuvered this situation, who ever navigated them through this minefield of potential disaster, needs to be commended. This operation was executed flawlessly. Everything in the world could have easily gone sideways. But it didn't. If I were prosecuting a war right now the brains behind this transition would definitely be my strategists. They took the bullying by the media, the steady drumbeat of elected officials urging Joe to step down, etc. all the anxieties out here and turned them into positive energy. It was like a rocket launch. This could have been The Challenger disaster. Instead it has been a triumph. So much so that now Trump is refusing to debate her. Can you imagine Trump not wanting free TV time? From this point out Trump is going to be the baby having a tantrum and throwing feces on the walls.

by Anonymousreply 32July 27, 2024 2:07 PM

I don’t think he is faking anything but I love the image of Grandpa Joe pulling a Keyser Soze and suddenly standing strong and speaking articulately right after Kamala is sworn in.

by Anonymousreply 33July 27, 2024 3:35 PM

What I believe is that he decided to drop out sooner than they let on, by maybe a week or ten days. Not much. But then they had to shift gears to deal with how they would pull it off with minimum damage to themselves. At that point it was all about damage control, and survival. I think the people who were claiming it was too late to switch, and had huge anxieties and felt that knot in their stomach about losing to Trump felt depressed and anxious. Because in the past, chaos ensued when you had a drop out. LBJ drops out Humphrey loses. Nixon drops out Jerry Ford loses. They wanted to avoid chaos and reassure voters and donors that everything was under control. And they didn't want angry, disgruntled delegates to go off the reservation raising hell. All the potential,serious candidates came out to endorse Harris right after Joe did. then they had to work on the delegates and party leaders in 50 states. Making ashit ton of phone calls. Kamala and Joe were on the phones so was Pelosi, Obama, Schumer,reassuring people and getting all their ducks lined up. They were moving fast because there was no way they could appear uncertain, or disorganized. And let's think about the staff and the campaign infrastructure. There could be none of that, "I'm working for Joe, not Kamala." THey wanted unity, internally. SoasI reflect on everything that'd what I think happened. It wasn't a big plot or a scheme.

by Anonymousreply 34July 27, 2024 4:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!