Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ASSOCIATED PRESS pulls story fact-checking whether JD VANCE had sex with a couch.

Vance, the former Bay Area resident who was recently tapped to be frump’s running mate, is the subject of a viral online rumor spawned by a July 15 post on X. The post, from user @rickrudescalves, said Vance admitted to “f—king an inside-out latex glove shoved between two couch cushions” in his bestselling 2016 memoir, “Hillbilly Elegy.”

This reporter has read “Hillbilly Elegy,” and no such passage exists. Regardless, the post quickly went viral, causing several news outlets to publish reports debunking the claim. Mysteriously, though, the AP deleted its report Thursday.

A statement from the AP, which other news outlets pay in order to run articles written by the wire service’s journalists, didn’t offer many details as to why its story debunking the claim was deleted.

“The story, which did not go out on the wire to our customers, didn’t go through our standard editing process,” an Associated Press spokesperson told SFGATE in an email. “We are looking into how that happened.”

A representative for Vance did not immediately reply to a text from SFGATE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2024 12:58 PM

Twitter is not a reliable source of information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2024 1:40 AM

He may not have had sex with with a couch but I have a blanket I could sell you.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2024 1:42 AM

I saw the rumor swirling online and dismissed it. This only proves that platform is no longer a credible source of information. I used the platform during the pandemic and it was useful for me then. After it was sold the trolls and bots immediately took over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2024 1:49 AM

This is petty. Men fuck all kinds of things.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2024 1:58 AM

Is there no longer any actual news that this is what we are reporting on now. Can we possibly sink any lower?

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2024 2:05 AM

It's gossip. Gossip isn't news. In this instance it was completely fabricated, no pun intended. Not worth repeating.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2024 2:07 AM

I read that book and he was much too image conscious to make such a declaration. Basically he was superior to all the people in his life throughout his life. That was the theme of the book.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2024 2:24 AM

And the couch would have turned him down anyway.

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2024 2:40 AM

The gloves said no thanks too

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2024 2:42 AM

[quote]He may not have had sex with with a couch but I have a blanket I could sell you.

Michael, is that you? We thought you were dead. BTW, selling children is still illegal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2024 12:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!