Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry is getting a nice gift this year for his 40th birthday!

Prince Harry is about to turn 40, and unlike his brother Prince William, who received a ceremonial bell concert at Westminster Abbey per royal tradition, the younger prince will be getting a huge payout thanks to arrangements made by his great-grandmother, the Queen Mother. According to The Times, the late Queen Mother put £70m into a trust fund for her family and one of the stipulations was that Harry would be able to access his share of the trust when he turned 40. According to The Mirror, however, everything isn't divvied up evenly and Harry will be getting more than his brother.

"William will benefit from the vast wealth of the Duchy of Cornwall, a private estate that funds the public, charitable, and private activities of the King's heir," the publication reporter. "As a result, Harry is likely to receive slightly more than half of the £14 million allocated for the brothers."

The Mirror notes that Harry is set to get more than £7 million when he turns 40, adding to the paychecks that he and his wife, Meghan Markle raked in from their Netflix documentary series and other projects, like Markle's podcast. Estimates put the couple's net worth at about $60 million.

After Harry and Meghan stepped away from their roles as senior royals, they no longer received commemorative birthday posts on the royal social media accounts or the previously standard bell ceremony. According to People, only a select few members of the Firm get the honor now that things have tightened up around Buckingham Palace: King Charles, Queen Camilla, Prince William, and Princess Kate. Charles has the distinct honor of getting two per year: one on his actual birthday, November 14, and one during the Trooping the Colour ceremony, which also celebrates his birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 28, 2024 1:18 PM

Good for Harry!

He should buy a small property in London, where he can go when he visits his home country.

Harry will be traveling to the UK a lot for Invictus Games 2027 planning, so he should have a "home base" where he can stay on his trips there.

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2024 12:28 AM

Pay day for Meghan

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2024 12:32 AM

Just another lie by the south parkles.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2024 12:33 AM

Now I can buy all the city of Los Angeles, plus a new hairstyle!

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2024 12:40 AM

^Megs.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2024 12:41 AM

[quote]He should buy a small property in London, where he can go when he visits his home country.

Indeed. The Windsors have so appalling few housing options in Central London. 🙄 Seriously, he's the son of the fucking king, and the Crown has multiple palaces now sitting vacant, with Buckingham Palace topping the list. Even if he & Meghan have left "the Firm," Harry should be at the bare minimum allowed to sleep in, say, HIS OWN CHILDHOOD BEDROOM.

And "buy a small property"? Seriously? At least for these two, small = 24/7 paparazzi, and considering that's why they left Britain in the first place, it's absurd to suggest anything of the sort. (And if Charles has too large of a stick lodged up his arse to let his own son stay in a royal palace, Harry has ample means to afford a penthouse suite at any of London's many five-star hotels.)

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2024 12:44 AM

£7 million isn't a lot of money.

Harry and Meghan could probably blow through that in less than a year.

It does add a nice little cushion though, to their net worth.

Meghan seems pretty frugal, so maybe they're being cautious with their money.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2024 12:47 AM

[quote] Pay day for Meghan

Only if Harry is stupid.

As long as inherited money is NOT commingled with marital assets, the inherited money is NOT considered marital property.

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2024 12:47 AM

[quote] Meghan seems pretty frugal, so maybe they're being cautious with their money.

Huh? She doesn't seem frugal, to me.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2024 12:48 AM

Not sure where you're coming from, R6.

Are you pro-Harry or anti-Harry. Your post is confusing.

And yes he does need a permanent residence in the UK because he goes back there quite often.

It's ridiculous that the son of the King should have to stay in a hotel, whenever he goes home for a visit.

That being the case, he should just buy a home or an apartment in London, just to have a permanent residence there.

It's clear that Charles doesn't want him around, and neither does William.

So Harry just needs to buy a place of his own, and fucking be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2024 12:49 AM

Harry doesn't have anything to do with the planning of the Invictus Games, r1. In any case, why would he buy a property in London for when he visits Birmingham (if he does)?

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2024 12:49 AM

The son of the King stays in a hotel through his own choice, r10.

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2024 12:50 AM

Harry was offered a place to stay when he went back to visit Charles after he heard that his father was sick.

He refused the offer because, even though it was a royal incident, he claimed there was not enough security.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2024 12:54 AM

^ "incident" should be "residence".

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2024 12:56 AM

[quote] Harry was offered a place to stay when he went back to visit Charles after he heard that his father was sick.

[quote] He refused the offer because, even though it was a royal incident, he claimed there was not enough security.

Well look, that's his choice.

Maybe he's afraid that there are cameras that will record him and that will be used against him.

There is so much bad blood now between Harry and "The Palace," that he has a right to be paranoid. Just as Charles and William are afraid of being "recorded" by Harry, Harry is probably likewise leery of them trying to do the same to him.

It's just not a good situation for him to stay with the enemy.

Which is precisely why he should look for a place of his own, where he can provide his own security and be comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2024 1:02 AM

Fuck'im, fuck'im right up his arse!

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2024 1:30 AM

Should've just kept that Frogmore Cottage.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2024 1:46 AM

[quote] Should've just kept that Frogmore Cottage.

Charles forced them to move out, even though Queen Elizabeth gave it to Harry as a gift.

Charles is a cunt.

He wanted Andrew to move in there, but Andrew refused. So it was all for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2024 1:48 AM

I hope Megs takes all his money and then she gets swindled out of it by some gigolo

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2024 1:48 AM

R6 it could be a little awkward for Harry to sleep in “HIS OWN CHILDHOOD BEDROOM” - as you call it - as that is in the Wales’s apartment at Kensington Palace.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2024 1:53 AM

I suppose you could say that Harry's wife is frugal. She's notorious for demanding discounts and freebies. Of course the has to save where she can. All that security they travel with and the paps she has on speed dial can't be cheap.

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2024 2:03 AM

When I first glanced at the thread title I thought it read:

"Prince Harry is getting a face lift this year for his 40th birthday!"

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2024 2:06 AM

😭😭😭It’s not enough!😭😭😭

by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2024 2:07 AM

[quote] 😭😭😭It’s not enough!😭😭😭

You're not kidding.

£7 million is peanuts, compared to the over one billion William got from the Duchy of Cornwall.

And then he just got another "raise" from the British taxpayers.

Harry deserves more.

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2024 2:09 AM

R24, no, he doesn’t. He’s a nasty entitled jerk who constantly complains about his family. All that you ever have to do in a “royal” family is stay on-message. That’s it. Be nice to whoever is charge of the money and anything you want, pretty much, will be yours. That’s the point of the primogeniture system. Don’t attack the King, don’t attack the family. But Harry just couldn’t do even that.

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2024 2:34 AM

Meghan spends a lot of money on clothes and still looks awkward a lot of the time. I think they overspent on their house in Montecito.

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2024 2:48 AM

Harry deserves more for what, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2024 3:17 AM

[quote] Harry deserves more for what, exactly?

The same nothing that Charles and William do.

There's your fucking answer.

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2024 3:19 AM

[QUOTE]And yes he does need a permanent residence in the UK because he goes back there quite often.

Wouldn't a permanent residence there increase his tax liabilities on his income?

[QUOTE]Should've just kept that Frogmore Cottage

[QUOTE]Charles forced them to move out, even though Queen Elizabeth gave it to Harry as a gift.

Charles did indeed ask him to leave, but the Queen didn't gift Harry FC, because it wasn't hers to give. FC belongs to the Crown Estate. She did designate it as a residence for them, though. I believe they, and Eugenie and husband later, paid a lease.

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2024 3:48 AM

They probably could have continued on the lease if they actually stayed there when they were in England.

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2024 3:52 AM

I thought r23 was referring to this:

[QUOTE]"Prince Harry is getting a face lift this year for his 40th birthday!"

by Anonymousreply 31July 26, 2024 3:58 AM

40? The old lady sure didn’t trust him. Smart.

by Anonymousreply 32July 26, 2024 4:14 AM

[quote]Are you pro-Harry or anti-Harry. Your post is confusing. And yes he does need a permanent residence in the UK because he goes back there quite often.

To clarify, I'm pro-Harry (and Meghan), and my point was that it's absurd for them to buy a place when they – VERY literally – already own the most valuable collection of private homes in the world, namely Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace, Windsor, and every other royal property in the London area. The main palace alone is worth £2 billion. I am admittedly irked by the pettiness inherent towards anyone who dares 'challenge' the Crown: they shunned Diana, and massively overreacted to what would otherwise be a normal request to raise one's children outside of an atmosphere where they'd likely be referred to as "half-breeds," given that the tabloids didn't hesitate to make utterly vile, racist comments about her solely for having a Black mother.

There's also a rather massive difference between living on a $30 million Montecito estate, one on a large plot of land that insures Harry & Meghan don't get any crazy fan visits, and an obviously far smaller pied-a-terre in Central London. The paparazzi was their main complaint even whilst living at Frogmore, and that's entirely private, so why on *earth* would they purposely expose themselves to living 'in the wild', as it were?

In any event, this is all rather silly: the only people whose opinions truly matter here are Harry & Meghan, and they've given no indication whatsoever that they ever plan to purchase property in the UK – plus Harry's the one who's there, and he's always returned solo ever since they moved to North America. Why bother setting up a bachelor pad if he's perfectly fine in a hotel or at a mate's house? (Far less of a security hassle to have him bunked down at The Connaught or something, and cheaper than purchasing even 'pedestrian' real estate in Central London.)

Finally, I take it you haven't considered that them doing exactly that would itself create a scandal. I can picture the ridiculousness already: "HARRY & MEGS FORCED TO SLUM IT NEAR COUNCIL ESTATE - KING CHARLES REFUSES THEIR HOUSING REQUEST!" I know the Webmaster despises the Daily Mail in particular, but in the UK the tabloids lesser-known abroad are far worse than it, even if their websites aren't as obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 33July 26, 2024 4:15 AM

[quote] 40? The old lady sure didn’t trust him. Smart.

William was under the same stipulation. The article said that he received his money a few years ago when he turned 40.

Asshole.

[quote] they've given no indication whatsoever that they ever plan to purchase property in the UK

I've read numerous articles mentioning that Harry has been looking to purchase a home in the UK.

[quote] plus Harry's the one who's there, and he's always returned solo ever since they moved to North America

My understanding is that Meghan is deathly afraid that her kids would be taken from her, if she were to return to the UK.

Plus, there are the same old concerns about their safety and security while in that country.

by Anonymousreply 34July 26, 2024 5:30 AM

[quote] Prince Harry looking for ‘permanent’ UK home as anti-Meghan Markle friends avoid LA: royal expert

Prince Harry is looking for a “permanent” home in the UK so his friends who don’t get along with his wife, Meghan Markle, can visit him, a royal expert claimed.

Royal author Tom Quinn told the Mirror Sunday that the Duke of Sussex, who quit his royal duties in 2020 and now lives in the US, “misses some aspects of his old life” in London.

“Inevitably, the honeymoon period where everything in the [United] States is new and exciting is coming to an end and Harry is looking back at the past through rose-tinted spectacles,” he claimed.

Quinn said Harry, 39, “misses” his army and college friends, who allegedly have not visited him in California because “they don’t get on with Meghan,” whom the prince married in 2018.

“Harry is determined to find his own permanent home in the UK, which is partly why he’s continuing his legal action to get the British taxpayer to pay for his security,” he told the outlet.

Harry and Markle, 42, have not had a home in the UK since his father, King Charles III, evicted them from Frogmore Cottage early last year.

A source confirmed to Page Six that the process began in January 2023, shortly after the release of the Invictus Games founder’s memoir, “Spare,” which contained bombshell claims about the royal family.

Last June, it was reported that Harry and the Duchess of Sussex had officially moved out of the cottage, which is located on the Windsor estate.

They are now raising their son and daughter in a lavish $14 million home in Montecito, Calif.

The mansion features nine bedrooms and 16 bathrooms as well as a pool, tennis court and two-bedroom guesthouse.

The couple have attempted to keep the interiors of their abode private, but they have inadvertently shared some glimpses inside over the years.

Despite the eviction, Harry, Markle and their two kids, Prince Archie, 5, and Princess Lilibet, 3, are living comfortably in a lavish $14 million home in Montecito, Calif.

Though the couple have attempted to keep the interiors of their abode private, they have inadvertently shared some glimpses inside over the years.

The home features nine bedrooms and 16 bathrooms as well as a pool, tennis court and two-bedroom guesthouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2024 5:35 AM

It’s an MM voodoo doll?

by Anonymousreply 36July 26, 2024 5:37 AM

The endless drama queen antics of Mrs. Mountbatten-Windsor of Montecito. I suppose it's the only kind of queen she'll ever be but people are really getting bored with her. She's untalented and uninteresting and Harry's not much better.

by Anonymousreply 37July 26, 2024 7:17 AM

That Quinn guy, the "Royal expert" who suddenly popped up in all sorts of citations. Hmm 😒.

by Anonymousreply 38July 26, 2024 7:19 AM

[quote] The endless drama queen antics of Mrs. Mountbatten-Windsor of Montecito. I suppose it's the only kind of queen she'll ever be but people are really getting bored with her. She's untalented and uninteresting and Harry's not much better.

What in the hell are you talking about?

I haven't heard a peep out of Meghan or about Meghan in a very long time.

The only one I see in the news is Harry.

Meghan is probably much too busy taking care of a 3 year old and a 5 year old.

by Anonymousreply 39July 26, 2024 7:23 AM

r39 is that a parody post?

by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2024 7:35 AM

Must be parody, R40. I live in Montecito and have for years. I have seen the Mountbatten-Windsors out with their children exactly once although I have seen Mrs Mountbatten-Windsor strolling for a paparazzi in a couple of parking lots.

Celebrities are thick on the ground around here. It's harder to not see them than to see them.

by Anonymousreply 41July 26, 2024 7:40 AM

I would still suck Harry's circumcised Royal rod.

by Anonymousreply 42July 26, 2024 8:09 AM

MEG HAS ALREADY SPENT IT

by Anonymousreply 43July 26, 2024 8:48 AM

When is his birthday, any way?

by Anonymousreply 44July 26, 2024 8:49 AM

Would you like someone to Google that for you, R44?

by Anonymousreply 45July 26, 2024 9:39 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 26, 2024 9:52 AM

$7 mil is not a huge fortune. Peanuts actually.

by Anonymousreply 47July 26, 2024 10:06 AM

He wants to buy a house in the uk because then HE CAN CHEAT ON US TAXES.......PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 48July 26, 2024 12:34 PM

40 seems really late to receive an inheritance. I wonder why she chose that age and not 25 or 30.

by Anonymousreply 49July 26, 2024 12:40 PM

He was born on September 15, 1984 according to Wiki.

by Anonymousreply 50July 26, 2024 2:40 PM

The "nothing" that Charles and William do is heaps more than Harry does. His occupation seems to be limited to whining and filing lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 51July 26, 2024 2:44 PM

Aonther grifter taking the people's money, all for being pushed out of that royal cunt, they have done nothing to get anything

by Anonymousreply 52July 26, 2024 3:02 PM

Hm, let's see. In the past week, Charles has opened parliament and given the King's Speech with the new government's programme, visited Jersey and Guernsey, welcomed 46 European leaders at a reception at the European Political Community meeting at Blenheim Palace, welcomed The Asantehene - Ruler of the Kingdom of Ashanti in Ghana - His Royal Majesty Otumfuo Osei Tutu II to Sandringham House, all the while dealing with cancer treatment. And these are just his public appearances.

In July, William has taken on new patronages, such as the Royal Cornwall Agricultural Association and the Victoria Cross and George Cross Association, supported the England football team from the benches in Berlin, had Homewards events for his campaign against homelessness, visited the the RAF Mountain Rescue Service of RAF Valley, helped raise £1 million at the Royal Polo Charity Cup, attended the ceremony for new Knights and Ladies of the Order of the Thistle in Scotland. In June he was very busy, with Earthshot and other environmental events with people like Michael Bloomberg and Bill Gates, welcomed Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako of Japan to the UK, attended the state dinner for the Japanese head of state, attended Royal Ascot, Trooping the Colour, and more.

by Anonymousreply 53July 26, 2024 3:09 PM

And you think that's worth a £30 million and £60 million "raise" that the government gave those two fuckheads, in the middle of an economic crisis in the UK R53?

Wow, you really are FAR up their royal arse holes, aren't you?

LOSER.

by Anonymousreply 54July 26, 2024 3:14 PM

Lol r54, you're such a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 55July 26, 2024 3:18 PM

The monarch also has to be familiar with all government work, draft bills, etc. for the weekly audience with the prime minister, ensuring that everything is constitutionally correct and not extreme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 26, 2024 3:20 PM

Along with the face lift, he should get hair transplants. He can certainly afford it.

by Anonymousreply 57July 26, 2024 3:32 PM

Oh. I forgot. Harry has been super busy accepting an undeserved award he paid for. Will someone please give that man more money!!!

by Anonymousreply 58July 26, 2024 3:35 PM

[quote] Along with the face lift, he should get hair transplants. He can certainly afford it.

You're not really suggesting that Harry is in need of hair plugs, with William staring you in the face.

Are you, R57?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 26, 2024 3:38 PM

They both need them.

by Anonymousreply 60July 26, 2024 3:41 PM

R59 A nice bald head is more stylish than ratty orange fuzz.

by Anonymousreply 61July 26, 2024 3:42 PM

The DM article calls his hair a giant fuzzy dandelion

by Anonymousreply 62July 26, 2024 3:56 PM

[quote] The DM article calls his hair a giant fuzzy dandelion

Better than looking like a fucking bowling ball.

But of course the Daily Fail only attacks Harry, and not William.

Because they're CUNTS.

by Anonymousreply 63July 26, 2024 4:01 PM

[quote] 40 seems really late to receive an inheritance. I wonder why she chose that age and not 25 or 30.

I knew someone whose father set up a modest trust that began paying at age 40. She said she was glad her father did that.

When you're 25, you might do something stupid like buy cars, drugs, and give to "friends." When you're 40, you realize that money doesn't grow on trees and you're more careful, hopefully.

by Anonymousreply 64July 26, 2024 4:34 PM

At any age he’s

AVERAGE

and

STUPID

by Anonymousreply 65July 26, 2024 4:37 PM

I hope he paid lots of inheritance tax.

by Anonymousreply 66July 26, 2024 4:38 PM

I think Harry is in denial about his hair loss and won't do want needs to be done ie shave his head. He painted himself into a corner when he mocked William in Spare for his hair loss.

by Anonymousreply 67July 26, 2024 4:45 PM

[quote]Prince Harry Is Reportedly About to Get a Huge Birthday Gift For His 40th Birthday

Oh my God, this sounds so exciting! What will it be? A working brain? A modicum of humility? The will to earn an honest living by working like a respectable man?

Oh, sorry. I'd forgotten that these things are all innate. He will probably get lots of money to waste on pretending he's a victim and leading a purposeless, self-indulgent and mostly idle existence.

by Anonymousreply 68July 26, 2024 4:50 PM

Hun, William isn’t trying to pretend that he has a full head of hair like your deluded idol Harry.

by Anonymousreply 69July 26, 2024 5:22 PM

Hi KGT R52! Back from your latest timeout and already calling people cunts.

by Anonymousreply 70July 26, 2024 5:31 PM

I was timeouted? I take that as badge of honor, you stupid retarded cunt, I told you pussy gays THAT straight cunts control DL, YOU LET THEM, just like your momma whipped your asses. Now straight women

by Anonymousreply 71July 26, 2024 5:47 PM

R54 you sound angry, and bitter, and poor, very very poor. It’s really not a good look, so fuck off away from here in case it’s catching.

by Anonymousreply 72July 26, 2024 6:09 PM

😭😭😭 Meanies!! 😭😭😭

by Anonymousreply 73July 26, 2024 6:46 PM

Rich person gets huge chunk of money

by Anonymousreply 74July 26, 2024 6:55 PM

[quote] Hun, William isn’t trying to pretend that he has a full head of hair like your deluded idol Harry.

That's because Harry still has something to work with.

by Anonymousreply 75July 26, 2024 8:55 PM

[quote]Prince Harry is getting a nice gift this year for his 40th birthday!

That gift is mine!

by Anonymousreply 76July 26, 2024 8:57 PM

Disgusting

A few years ago, "The Guardian" did a series of articles on the untaxed income members of the Royal Family have bequeathed in their last wills and testaments. It's unbelievable the private fortunes this lot has accumulated.

That this ne'er-do-well is getting $9 million on his 40th birthday is disgusting.

Since he is now a resident of the US, I hope the IRS taxes him to the limit.

by Anonymousreply 77July 26, 2024 9:05 PM

Harry and William (and the other trust beneficiaries) got an initial payment earlier, when they turned 25 or 30.

by Anonymousreply 78July 26, 2024 10:12 PM

Poor, jealous R77.

Harry is WINNING.

by Anonymousreply 79July 27, 2024 1:46 AM

I have to say they've been together longer than I thought they would. No accounting for taste I guess.

by Anonymousreply 80July 27, 2024 1:49 AM

[quote]I've read numerous articles mentioning that Harry has been looking to purchase a home in the UK.

He may be "looking" for a place in London, but if he's only got $60mm, he's too poor to live in any neighborhood he'd want.

by Anonymousreply 81July 27, 2024 1:51 AM

Only a moron would think Harry is winning anything, r77.

by Anonymousreply 82July 28, 2024 9:34 AM

Right you are, R82!

by Anonymousreply 83July 28, 2024 11:52 AM

Intensely ugly, too, r65.

I'm surprised he doesn't break camera lenses.

by Anonymousreply 84July 28, 2024 12:25 PM

Harry has one of those ugly on the inside that shows on the outside faces.

by Anonymousreply 85July 28, 2024 1:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!