Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should Joe Biden Pardon Hunter Biden After the Election?

No I am not going to make a poll, I want to hear your thoughts.

I think Joe should pardon his son Hunter, I don't care that he promised not to. Now I am not one of those Hunter fanboys, I think the guy is a douche bag and quite honestly don't understand what some of you see in him. Considering all the criminals Trump pardoned I think Joe should pardon Hunter, Joe will never face election again and if Kamala is elected President she won't face another election for four years, by then no one is going to care that Joe pardoned Hunter. I don't think there will be any political downside. The Supreme Court has said that the right of the President to pardon can not be questioned.

Joe can say that he changed his mind, that Hunter's sobriety is more important than his promise to not pardon him and the threat to jail is threaten that, I think most of America will be okay with it, of course MAGA heads will explode in rage, but "I don't care. Do U?"

Convince me I am wrong.

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2024 4:58 PM

Well after the election is certified. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2024 8:36 PM

Yes. To make MAGA heads explode. Dump would pardon his spawn before you even knew they were convicted of anything.

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2024 8:38 PM

[quote] quite honestly don't understand what some of you see in him.

That is where you lose all credibility.

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2024 8:39 PM

No, I don't think he should. Hunter is not locked up in prison, right now. A conviction will not alter his life, one way or another. Hunter will always be a wealthy man. Hunter has lived his life and enjoyed many pleasures. Yes, he was reckless and not cautious. He deserves some consequences.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2024 8:39 PM

President Harris could?

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2024 8:40 PM

He said he wouldn't so I'll take him at his word.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2024 8:42 PM

I think OP is a gas lighting douchebag

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2024 8:51 PM

I hope Biden uses his Supreme Court enacted immunity to cause some havoc for MAGA and Trump

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2024 8:57 PM

Hunter should be forced to perform 3,000 hours of community service that consists of sharing that Biden hog dick with the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2024 9:07 PM

Gosh, do some of you gay men here just like Hunter Biden because he has a large penis and photos of it are easily accessible on the internet?

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2024 9:13 PM

No, I don't ever want to see a politician pardoning their relatives or friends. Democrats need to be tougher, but not blatantly corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2024 9:14 PM

He never should have promised not to pardon him. Then he could.

Now he can't b/c he'd prove himself a liar.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2024 9:46 PM

R10 is not the OP because I am.

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2024 11:40 PM

As soon as Kamala is safely in place, hell yes! Fuck MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2024 12:05 AM

Absolutely pardon him!

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2024 12:14 AM

I don't think he'll pardon Hunter, but he might commute the sentence so that Hunter won't face jail time, but will still remain a convicted felon and subject to any fines imposed by the court.

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2024 12:22 AM

So you believe that the privileged and powerful should be able to get away with the same things an average American couldn't. How do you justify this opinion? Joe himself is responsible for writing the crime bill that incarcerated many men and women who did far less than his own son.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2024 12:51 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2024 12:59 AM

He should definitely pardon Hunter. He was prosecuted exclusively because he was Joe's son - no one is ever charged on these kinds of charges when not tied to another, actual crime.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2024 1:02 AM

[quote] So you believe that the privileged and powerful should be able to get away with the same things an average American couldn't.

Actually no I don't but I also don't believe that only people on the right should get be the ones of privilege and power to get pardons. From what I understand, these crimes that Hunter has committed would not normally even be prosecuted. If Hunter only goes to jail because he is Joe's son that isn't right either.

I believe the power of the pardon should be taken away from the President and given to a pardon board and get some of the politics out of the pardon process. Maybe allow the President to submit names to the board but they have the final approval, how to select that board would be the problem. Now the President can pardon people who commit crimes for him, that just isn't right and what Trump has done.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2024 3:20 PM

[quote]you believe that the privileged and powerful should be able to get away with the same things an average American couldn't.

In reality, the "crime" that Hunter was convicted of is rarely prosecuted unless the gun was tied to another crime. Let's be clear: what Hunter did was lie on an official government form; that's it. He didn't own the gun for more than 10 days before surrendering it, he didn't fire the gun, let lone use it in the commission of a crime. What he did was the equivalent of taking a very small unsubstantiated tax write-off. Average Americans "get away with" crimes of this nature every damn minute of every damn day.

[quote]Joe himself is responsible for writing the crime bill that incarcerated many men and women who did far less than his own son.

It would very hard for anyone to do less than what Hunter did and be called a convicted criminal, so your point is moot. The fact that Joe Biden wrote, sponsored or voted for the crime bill(s) your referencing should not be a factor in how his son is treated unless we're going to ignore the biblical concept (Ezekiel 18:19-23) that the sins of the father shouldn't be visited upon the son. (I wonder how the Project 2025 people feel about this.)

The only reason Hunter is a convicted felon is because his surname is Biden. So few people are prosecuted under what is in reality an enhancement statute designed to increase the punishment for other more serious crimes lays bare that this is nothing but a Republican vendetta

Joe should pardon Hunter before leaving office (but after the election, particularly if Trump ((((shudder)))) wins). And let's not forget that a pardon doesn't remove the conviction; in fact, a condition of a pardon is accepting guilt without opportunity for appeal.

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2024 4:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!