Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hollywood power brokers pushed for Biden to step down. Now they’re stepping up for Harris

Barely a month ago, a veritable who’s who of Hollywood A-listers turned out for President Joe Biden. The event, organized by former DreamWorks Animation Chief Executive Jeffrey Katzenberg, drew George Clooney, Barbra Streisand and Julia Roberts.

Jimmy Kimmel moderated an interview with Biden and former President Barack Obama at the gathering in downtown Los Angeles’ Peacock Theater. Sheryl Lee Ralph sang and Jack Black entertained the star-studded crowd wearing a pair of American flag overalls.

The evening raised more than $30 million, the largest one-night campaign haul in Democratic history.

But behind the fawning praise and laughs, cracks began to appear in the public façade.

Some of the most powerful members of Hollywood, who had steadfastly supported the president, harbored some serious reservations about the 81-year-old’s mental acuity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2024 1:36 AM

They need to disappear for 4 months.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2024 8:33 PM

Damon Lindelof is annoying AF and now he has a nepo daughter

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2024 8:42 PM

Why do I think Clooney is a dick?

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2024 9:08 PM

These fuckers better be behind her. With open checkbooks, or their AMEX Centurion cards.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2024 9:44 PM

They might have chosen someone not underwater on approval

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2024 10:04 PM

Jack Black is a "Hollywood Power Broker"?

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2024 10:35 PM

It's so hilarious (if inexplicable) the right thing Harris replacing Biden is an unpopular move among the Democrats who voted in the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2024 10:39 PM

They need to give money and disappear.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2024 10:42 PM

Very angry about how this played out.

I will fall in line behind Nancy Pelossi and follow her instructions but it really makes me mad the President was removed from the ballot.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2024 12:46 AM

[quote] I will fall in line behind Nancy Pelossi and follow her instructions but it really makes me mad the President was removed from the ballot.

Trumper, I think real Democrats know how to spell Nancy Pelosi's name correctly.

p.s.--some free advice for you:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2024 12:50 AM

I'm not a dumper because I misspelled the former Speaker of the House's surname.

Pelosi advises to get behind the VPOTUS. I am doing so without any hesitation.

But I am still very bitter about the POTUS' removal from the ticket.

I should not have to explain any of this, but you think you are cute and funny and you are just a fucking troll.

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2024 1:18 AM

[quote]Jack Black is a "Hollywood Power Broker"?

I thought he was a pirate.

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2024 1:34 AM

[quote]Hollywood power brokers pushed for Biden to step down. Now they’re stepping up for Harris

It's just the Dems fighting for democracy.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2024 1:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!