Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete Buttigieg chances of being Kamala's VP skyrocket

It's time for an LGBT to be in one of the top positions of government.

We can't be a diverse country run completely by heterosexuals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 6, 2024 3:49 PM

An Asian Black woman and a homosexual in the White House. Not this year, maybe 2028.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2024 4:44 PM

Keep him off the ballot if you want a win.

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2024 4:52 PM

The Dems are so invested in wokeness they don't even care if they win or lose and the Repubs love them for it.

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2024 4:54 PM

I personally would love it? But this time around we need an alpha male badass. Mark Kelley please.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2024 4:54 PM

[quote]But this time around we need an alpha male badass

I wasn't even going to dignify this with a response, but Pete has more than held his own debating alongside Republicans for the last several years. He is more than capable of verbally taking them down. He is very "alpha" despite his sexual orientation, and even helped Harris prep for her debate with Pence.

Where are the links to Kelly being the same "badass" to Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2024 4:58 PM

[quote]It's time for an LGBT to be in one of the top positions of government.

No. It's time for truly capable, competent, dedicated people to be in the top positions of government. Whether they're gay, of color, etc., is utterly irrelevant to that, because (despite what Kids These Days are taught in school) your identity has no bearing whatsoever on your competence.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2024 4:59 PM

It would be amazing but just too risky right now

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2024 5:04 PM

I'm pre-lubing as I type.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2024 5:06 PM

Oh, R5 I agree with you. I wasn't trying to diss Pete. I was assuming the spirit of the average American hetero male, thinking "Navy + Astronaut = alpha badass = take THAT, Magat "patriots." Trust me, compared to me, Pete IS Chris Hemsworth in Thor. I admire him immensely. Verbally, Pete is peerless. There is no one in either party that comes remotely close to his quick thinking, debating prowess and general brilliance.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2024 5:10 PM

OP why are you creating a competing thread?

Are you that desperate for attention?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2024 5:11 PM

Nah. The Democrats would be well advised to skip identity politics just this one time. We might be ready for the first trans gay Jewish native American black anorgasmic aspie woman come 2036. Trump will still be around and no longer verbal at all but he'll still terrorize republican elected officials with his two finger throat slashing and poo flinging gestures.

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2024 5:14 PM

OP, Newsweek is a Trumptard conservative clickbait site these days. You should put ZERO stock in their claims.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2024 5:14 PM

Pete should be in a role where he consistently gets to demolish Republicans with his “Midwest Nice/Cunt” routine, like Press Secretary or Chief of Staff.

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2024 5:15 PM

[QUOTE] I personally would love it?

Cut the up talk, R4. That's for stupid girls.

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2024 5:15 PM

R1 "not this year"

It's never the "right" time until it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2024 5:26 PM

What the WH needs is a Live,Laugh,Love sign!

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2024 5:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2024 11:32 PM

Fat hope

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2024 11:38 PM

He's incompetent in his current position.

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2024 11:42 PM

I love Pete, but MAGA already calling it a DEI ticket, which is gaining traction with their idiot followers. Better to pick someone like Mark Kelly, astronaut, etc. we can’t fuck around this year. She needs safe choice.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2024 12:02 AM

Who gives a shit what Republicans think?

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2024 12:08 AM

This is Datalounge. I think you have no idea how [Italic] not [/italic] ready America is to vote for a gay vice president.

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2024 12:24 AM

They say gay men can be vicious ... Pete would slice J D into confetti at a debate.

by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2024 12:24 AM

The reason they need a straight white male IS identity politics. Apparently, no one except straight white males is qualified for any job.

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2024 12:28 AM

Pete has been going on Fox for ages; maybe he has some fans.

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2024 12:28 AM

She is going on RuPaul's Drag Race. Not a good look if you are trying to get the swing states.

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2024 12:30 AM

Once they taste my rice krispie treats the nomination will be a cinch!

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2024 12:46 AM

[quote] Once they taste my rice krispie treats the nomination will be a cinch!

Careful, Chasten.

A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2024 12:50 AM

The problem isn’t that Pete is gay but that he’s an unelected member of the Biden administration with no particular achievements to point to, and, as VP, Kamala has the same profile. They need to look beyond the White House for a winning ticket.

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2024 1:10 AM

Pete alpha?!!! Surely you just

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2024 1:37 AM

[quote]Pete is peerless. There is no one in either party that comes remotely close to his quick thinking, debating prowess and general brilliance.

Sure, but in case you hadn't noticed, this is America where none of those qualities motivate more than a couple dozen voters these days! I should know!

by Anonymousreply 31July 26, 2024 1:49 AM

Why is it only "identify politics" when we're talking about Black or gay people?

What do you call sticking Pence on the ticket just to appeal to fellow evangelicals?

How about candidates who make guns and 2A their entire fucking identity? What's that called?

by Anonymousreply 32July 26, 2024 2:12 AM

Harris has to maximize her Black turnout/vote. Putting Pete on the ticket would run counter to that.

by Anonymousreply 33July 26, 2024 2:15 AM

I love Pete, but he's the wrong pick for this ticket.

by Anonymousreply 34July 26, 2024 4:48 AM

[Quote] It's time for an LGBT to be in one of the top positions of government.

is Pete a top OP?

by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2024 4:58 AM

Let's make it a millennial vs millennial VP fight.

by Anonymousreply 36July 26, 2024 5:07 AM

If the Democrats really wanted to send a message of inclusivity to young voters, they'd choose Pete.

by Anonymousreply 37July 26, 2024 5:09 AM

At the risk of losing a lot of Black voters, R37?

by Anonymousreply 38July 26, 2024 5:11 AM

He looks like Russell Brand on steroids. And by that I mean on corticosteroids. The cock is probably not even worth mentioning. The bride only got a kick of it when thinking of all the money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 26, 2024 10:13 AM

[quote] He is very "alpha" despite his sexual orientation, and even helped Harris prep for her debate with Pence.

Your heart is in the right place, I think, but this like saying Harris is intelligent despite her race.

by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2024 10:20 AM

[quote]Let's make it a millennial vs millennial VP fight.

No, let’s not alienate Gen X.

by Anonymousreply 41July 26, 2024 10:22 AM

This runs in the face of Mark Kelly’s selection, but we need someone with experience governing.

That would be a governor, not a small-city mayor.

by Anonymousreply 42July 26, 2024 10:28 AM

Shapiro

by Anonymousreply 43July 26, 2024 10:29 AM

Pete this morning:

“Tough talk is this guy’s calling card and now there’s this extraordinary show of weakness. He said anytime, anyplace, but more than that, he agreed to this specific debate, on this specific network, on this specific date, and now he’s pulling out. It shows that he’s afraid. It shows that he knows that if the two of them are on a stage together, it’s not going to end well for him.”

Any bets on how long before Donald uses the F-word on Truth Social?

by Anonymousreply 44July 26, 2024 2:48 PM

[quote] An Asian Black woman and a homosexual in the White House. Not this year, maybe 2028.

No one cares what you think, BORIS.

by Anonymousreply 45August 1, 2024 1:11 PM

Mayor Pete has the best name recognition out of all the people being vetted.

With only 3 months left before election day, it makes sense to choose him as her running mate.

There's no need to "introduce" him to the public. They already know him, and he can hit the ground running.

In fact, he already is!

by Anonymousreply 46August 1, 2024 1:20 PM

Harris needs a stud like Shapiro as her flank.

by Anonymousreply 47August 1, 2024 1:26 PM

Can you fucking IMAGINE Pete debating JD??? Not since that snowplow ran over Jeremy Renner….

by Anonymousreply 48August 1, 2024 1:34 PM

He has to come out and say he's a top if he's going to be on the ticket this year.

by Anonymousreply 49August 1, 2024 1:36 PM

she should. most *definitely* choose him! the two of them on the ticket would be *breathtaking*🤪

by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2024 1:57 PM

I agree, R50.

It would energize ALL Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2024 2:26 PM

No, R51, he would not. There are still some older/non-college educated people who voted for Biden who would not be so energized. And there a lot of minority voters - especially churchgoers - who would also be less than thrilled.

by Anonymousreply 52August 1, 2024 2:54 PM

[quote] There are still some older/non-college educated people who voted for Biden who would not be so energized. And there a lot of minority voters - especially churchgoers - who would also be less than thrilled.

They'll come around.

by Anonymousreply 53August 1, 2024 2:57 PM

We'll all know by next Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 54August 1, 2024 10:52 PM

At this point Pete's chances are better than Shitpiro's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 3, 2024 6:46 AM

A negro and a fag walk into the White House……

by Anonymousreply 56August 3, 2024 7:37 AM

^^^

Racist and homophobic Russian/MAGAT using "Matt Damon" as a stealth excuse to hurl hateful insults at black people and gay people.

FF/Block this cunt at R56.

by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2024 7:42 AM

We have Republican's running on "don't be weak and gay", "gays are pedos", "gays are sick", ect.. There's a lot of Americans who hate and fear the gays, and don't bother with dog whistles, they make their hate clear. I would love for Pete to go far, but not this year. Hopefully president in 2032.

by Anonymousreply 58August 3, 2024 8:26 AM

The sweet alpha twink who is just average in his current job at best, or the Jew that lied about being in the IDF or the guy from a state no one cares about or the ugly fighter pilot, decisions decisions.

by Anonymousreply 59August 3, 2024 9:17 AM

R55, are we really going to hold against Shapiro something he wrote as a 20-year old kid, 31 years ago?!

by Anonymousreply 60August 3, 2024 11:54 AM

R60 Define “we”.

And 20 may be a child to you but to the world he was an adult who lied about his military service .

JHC on DL “we “ attack actual military vets US Marines who served in a war zone because they were not 0321 types under fire. In Al Gores time his military service and claims of being a military vet was attacked because he was a press pog in VN for a few months who never was under fire.

Of course he will be attacked about lying about military service he never did. As it should be held against him. Whether it should cost him the job as VP depends more on the voters than what we think at DL.

by Anonymousreply 61August 3, 2024 12:09 PM

I slapped his face and Called him a communist!

by Anonymousreply 62August 3, 2024 12:26 PM

A televised vp debate between a former AD military who served in a war zone and a former college student who lied about being a military vet in a war zone.

by Anonymousreply 63August 3, 2024 12:36 PM

R60 did you read the article @ R55? It's his recent comments that are problematic.

by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2024 3:48 PM

[quote]The problem isn’t that Pete is gay but that he’s an unelected member of the Biden administration with no particular achievements to point to

You need to go back and examine his entire tenure as Secretary. He’s done extremely well.

by Anonymousreply 65August 4, 2024 7:56 PM

Only lefties, used to living in the "checked boxes" world need to fill this job with a gay person because of his "queerness", rather than one of the other choices, Senators and governors far more likely to add a state and its electoral votes into the equation!

The whole idea is to WIN THE ELECTION, not to feel good about seeing a gay guy in the VP slot!

by Anonymousreply 66August 6, 2024 3:16 AM

PETE would be great as Chief of Staff

by Anonymousreply 67August 6, 2024 3:31 AM

Pete could run for house maybe even senate in Michigan. For house there would be some quite more liberal or moderate races I’d expect he would ace.

And if the Michigan Gov job opens I’d see him making a good run at that.

If he can’t do at least one of these he has no business being on any national ticket.

by Anonymousreply 68August 6, 2024 10:38 AM

R68 is right. Pete, despite all of his talents, needs to be elected to the House, Senate, or a Governorship before he can be on a national ticket.

by Anonymousreply 69August 6, 2024 10:44 AM

[quote] Pete, despite all of his talents, needs to be elected to the House, Senate, or a Governorship before he can be on a national ticket.

Please shut the fuck up.

Kamala Harris' only political experience was as a state Attorney General, before being nominated for Vice-President.

That's ALL.

You sound like a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 70August 6, 2024 11:08 AM

R70, she was a Senator.

This wasn’t a secret. Maybe be careful about calling others idiots when you demonstrate such glaring ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 71August 6, 2024 11:16 AM

R70 more coffee less posting early in the morning. Now take a look at Harris bio and educate yourself.

by Anonymousreply 72August 6, 2024 12:06 PM

Just remember, Pete could've helped her win this thing.

by Anonymousreply 73August 6, 2024 2:38 PM

Mrs.Buttigieg is destroying her she shed in anger!

by Anonymousreply 74August 6, 2024 2:41 PM

R73 the party does not agree with you. And I bet they have data to justify why.

by Anonymousreply 75August 6, 2024 2:44 PM

It was never going to be Pete. Completely competent but too risky.

That said, I hope that Kamala will make a wise choice and put Pete in a very key cabinet post.

Pete is whip smart. His calm demeanor and logical arguments are the perfect response to the current rethug dumpster fire.

by Anonymousreply 76August 6, 2024 3:42 PM

I’m still holding out hope for MAYOR PETE!!!

by Anonymousreply 77August 6, 2024 3:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!