Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Psycho Doglovers

Some of these Rescuers and Dog people are fucking nuts! I’m a dog person, but these people are insane. The ones who want everyone to have a rescue pitbull. Who call for negligent owners to be put down.

by Anonymousreply 29July 25, 2024 5:32 PM

Lots of single women becomes obsessed with animals over people. Almost always women.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2024 1:55 PM

R1 are they barren? Incapable of human reproduction?

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2024 1:58 PM

'Bout time people started talking about nutso dog people the way they constantly yap and jape at cat people.

Now, peasants, I go back to sleep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2024 2:10 PM

I don’t believe there is anyone who thinks everyone should have a pitbull.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2024 2:11 PM

OP, is your dog a rescue dog?

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2024 2:13 PM

R4 okay, Literal Leslie. Not everyone but they sure push those “lab mix” mutts on social media expecting others to adopt them

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2024 2:19 PM

Oh—“Literal Leslie.” That cuts deep. I’ll know not to mess with you next time.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2024 2:23 PM

R7 you better not, you little cunt bitch sissy. Next time I’ll tell my Latinx Husbear. He’s a hairdresser and doesn’t take shit from anyone!

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2024 2:25 PM

I just lie and tell people I rescued my dog, but it was really a ‘paid adoption’. I genuinely tried with several rescue orgs and experienced a brick wall or never-ending wait list. Most of the rescue organisations near me have near impossible standards especially for my dog’s breed. They only seem to want to place dogs with working age people who happen to only work from home with no kids and no other pets. I have a cat, so I was persona non grata. I wasn’t eligible to foster or even take an elderly dog at death’s door. Oh well. My fake rescue dog and kitty are besties and play and cuddle.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2024 2:35 PM

He’s a rescue!

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2024 2:49 PM

When I encounter a high standard purebred rescue puppy on my dog walks or park visits, I always innocently ask for acquisition details. The main go-to story is that it’s a rescue due to someone moving or an allergy. It’s amazing how many dogs worth thousands are just given away. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2024 3:03 PM

Hi J.D. at R1! Are you related to Vivian Vance, by any chance? I've always wanted to ask you that.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2024 3:06 PM

Oh man, my partner posted a picture of a cute dog we saw in passing at a pet store. We weren't buying, just admiring. The adopt-don't-shoppers were on us in the comments like fat on frau. Now, whenever we see a cute dog we hiss at each other, "adopt! don't shop!"

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2024 3:06 PM

MAGA troll is also a dog hater? You don't say...

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2024 3:08 PM

Not all pit bulls are a threat, it’s the owners who train them to attack who are responsible. And yes, negligent and cruel owners should be put down. At least jailed, caged, like the criminals they are.

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2024 3:09 PM

My rescue dog just farted on your thread, OP.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2024 3:09 PM

Trollin, trollin, trollin

Keep those dog threads trollin

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2024 3:10 PM

R15 is insane

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2024 3:11 PM

Oh, this is the Perftronnie troll. Favorite topics: pitbulls and anti-trans. I'm expecting a surge in the number of Froy/Zane threads as well.

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2024 3:13 PM

Trans pit bull for president.

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2024 3:56 PM

As far as I know, Marjorie Taylor Greene is not running this year, R20.

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2024 4:00 PM

The one that gets on my last nerve is the rainbow bridge shit.

by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2024 4:05 PM

r15 It’s true, pit bulls are wonderful. That’s why they are known as “nanny dogs”. In addition to standard nanny duties, they will passionately chew your face off. Truly beautiful creatures.

by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2024 4:09 PM

Its mostly older or gay women and gay men who are obsessed with their pets though im seeing an increase in straight guys as well.

And yeah, I do think it's misplaced desire for children.

by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2024 4:22 PM

No. It's white, liberal women who obsess in the wrong way. Especially with the pitbulls. I love animals but I understand my cat and dog are my pets. Not my fur babies. I don't try to foist them on anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2024 4:24 PM

“Doggos!”

by Anonymousreply 26July 25, 2024 4:37 PM

R25 good for you. However I've encountered plenty of gay men and women both in real life and online who dote on their pets like babies. It's something I rarely see in straight men

by Anonymousreply 27July 25, 2024 4:47 PM

Animal fascists are bitter misanthropes. Who knew.

by Anonymousreply 28July 25, 2024 5:07 PM

Unless you pulled your precious pittie from a burning building its not a rescued dog. Its adopted, and probably a fee was paid. Also pit bulls are fucking ugly. Hood hounds.

by Anonymousreply 29July 25, 2024 5:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!