Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kamala Harris's first ad

There are good things about it - she very cleanly lists what her goals are for her presidency. That half of the ad gets an A plus.

Unfortunately, she is falling into the same trap that Hillary fell into.... "Oh look at what a contrast I am to those guys! Those guys represent HATE!"

She cannot define Trump any differently that he has already been defined through two elections. Calling the other side "hate" does not work - look at how the far Left behaves re Washington yesterday. Calling them "chaos" does not work - the Democratic Party has been through a month of chaos. People say we are in chaos as a country now, which is why Trump's reactionary message is successful.

The only way to redefine Trump at this point is OLD because that has not been done before. Old and frail. That might work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2024 2:41 AM

AND calling out Trump as OLD -- now the OLDEST CANDIDATE TO RUN FOR OFFICE -- is exactly what the Repugs did to Biden. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2024 1:32 PM

The troll brigade is out in force this morning.

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2024 1:36 PM

It's too easy - call him an incestuous pedophilic rapist, a criminal fraudster, a psychopathic eugenicist, a power hungry madman, etc. They are so EASY on him, why?

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2024 1:39 PM

OP, there IS a contrast in the two. You can't pretend he's not a wannabe dictator--they can put up his own words to that effect. You're offering nothing.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2024 1:42 PM

She also made a mistake with the music. She should have used this song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2024 1:42 PM

R4 but that doesn’t work

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2024 1:42 PM

Too Black.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2024 2:29 PM

#laughingwithher

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2024 11:34 PM

Promising to fix stuff she didn’t fix in her last four years rings hollow

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2024 12:34 AM

That was the job of the vice president, r9, to fix everything? What rings hollow is your facile assessment of her. Another banal criticism.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2024 12:38 AM

It's not a matter of either/or, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2024 12:38 AM

Which of your sock puppets is this, r9?

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2024 12:39 AM

[quote]Promising to fix stuff she didn’t fix in her last four years rings hollow.

Tell me you're a troll without telling me you're a troll.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2024 1:14 AM

Democrats can want to vote in a real primary and not be happy about their preferred candidates being shut out without being trolls or “sock puppets” - whatever paranoid nonsense that is. They can think for themselves. I’d rather see Pete, Big Gretch, Corey Booker and Newsom get a shot.

Those pretending her term was not tied to his need to search Biden Harris record and first up are the White House and Joe’s own website listing same.

If you don’t think voters will associate what Biden didn’t do with her you’re naive.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2024 1:21 AM

How about calling Trump a lumpy bag of human shit, who is brain-damaged and his faithful, shit eating companion, Couch Fucker.

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2024 1:24 AM

The ad is very well done.

But will it appeal to a broad base?

There's a whiff of Hillary Clinton 2016 about it.

Of course the country has changed since 2016, so we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2024 1:28 AM

My favorite part was Trump’s mug shot

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2024 1:34 AM

Biden’s whole campaign was “I’m not Trump. I was Obama’s VP. You ain’t black if you don’t vote for me”.

So I don’t know what people are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2024 1:40 AM

And Dump's was "Lock her up." Fuck outta here, cunt troll R18. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2024 1:48 AM

It’s a good ad. She comes across as both warm and ready to kick Trump’s ass. Hillary always seemed kind of cold. And thought her name was enough. There’s no comparison between their campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2024 2:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!