Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL, what do we think of scream queens?

You know, men or women who scream or shout at others when there’s a slight disagreement or minor conflict, rather than just discussing things in a normal manner, with a normal voice?

I notice that people like this are abusive AF, because once you attempt to calmly tell them that screaming or shouting is unacceptable, they usually say something AWFUL, like, “You just bring out the worst in me. You annoy me. I can’t help it. This is just the way I am! I’ve always been like this! I’m x years old, I doubt I can change!”

That’s basically the exact same schpiel abusers who engage in domestic violence say to their victims.

I’ve been unfortunate enough to have a mother whose way of communicating 90% or more of the time, was by screaming.

As soon as I come across a scream queen, I know exactly who I’m dealing with, & immediately shut down. They rarely ever change, as they genuinely do NOT have the wherewithal to understand how unhinged, scary & abusive they are.

Fuck abusive people. They can bite me.

by Anonymousreply 0July 25, 2024 3:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!