Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eldergays: The French Connection

Is it any good?

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2024 3:13 AM

It's a film for angry hat fetishists

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2024 1:35 AM

The French CONNECTION? I prefer The Silver CONVENTION!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2024 1:49 AM

Yes, it’s great. A good story and the greatest of all chase scenes.

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2024 2:10 AM

They discussed it on I SAW WHAT YOU DID

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2024 2:23 AM

^^ Ooops! Posted too soon!

Anyway, I love 70s cinema but this one was just never glamorous enough to get me to watch it, and to tell the truth neither Hackman or Scheider are among my favorite stars.

But I like that podcast so I thought, “Okay, it’s time!” Then I only made it through about 20 mins. because it’s just too drab[bold] : (

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2024 2:28 AM

It’s great. One of the best takes on NYC/Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2024 2:34 AM

It’s one of the best films of the Seventies, and so grim and cold it could only have been made then. It took me a long time to be won over by it. I now think that Hackman is fantastic; it’s ruthlessly nasty performance.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2024 2:37 AM

Yes, the 1970s. When films were made that depicted reality.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2024 2:45 AM

Great movie. Actually, it was not the Silver Convention, it was The Three Degrees that were in the move. No lie.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2024 2:50 AM

If you want to know what NYC looked like in the early 70s watch it. The movie is gritty and good.

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2024 3:13 AM

Pretty good but not great. I prefer "To Live and Die in LA".

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2024 3:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!