Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was banned for a day. Banned for a day

For what? Only Muriel and friends know.

by Anonymousreply 83August 26, 2024 6:53 PM

You just bought yourself a week. If you are lucky.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2024 12:38 AM

WWs for OP!

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2024 12:39 AM

If you post a snap of Frau rancid beef curtains Muriel takes it personally. Was on St Helena for two weeks. Be warned.

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2024 12:40 AM

Happened to me a few days ago. No clue why.

I feel like if you're barred from posting ,there should be some indication as to WHY. How are you supposed to "not do it again" if you have no clue what you did in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2024 12:42 AM

I may be wrong, but I think if enough people F&F you that'll cause a 24 hour ban.

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2024 12:42 AM

Muriel's pussy smells wore than mine.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2024 12:42 AM

OP, Obviously you aren't paying the extra two bucks a month to torment posters who've been tedious.

See you after your next "ban"!

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2024 12:44 AM

ATTENTION POSTERS AND LURKERS! ATTENTION!

EVACUATE THIS THREAD TO A DISTANCE OF SEVEN ADDITIONAL THREADS.

THIS IS NOT A TEST.

EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY! THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING! EVACUATE!

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2024 12:47 AM

[quote] I feel like if you're barred from posting ,there should be some indication as to WHY. How are you supposed to "not do it again" if you have no clue what you did in the first place?

That is a trait of a totalitarian regime.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2024 12:51 AM

You were Queen for a Day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2024 1:55 AM

I don't know if I was banned or not but years ago I couldn't post, contacted management, while waiting for a reply, I was able to post again, it had been like 6 hours. When I did get a reply from management since it had been fixed, they didn't seem at all interested in why I couldn't, hasn't happened since.

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2024 3:16 AM

Too many F&Fs? Maybe you’re one of the posters who is starting 100 threads a day?

Will someone hurt Kamala?

What’s Kamala’s favourite colour?

What kind of toilet paper do you think Kamala prefers?

Who is prettier, Kamala or Kamala?

I JUST can’t get out of BED because politics! Woe is me!

Etc. etc. over and over and over

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2024 4:00 AM

There's abuse of the F&F feature here that trolls with sock puppets use. They spam posters they don't like with F&Fs, which lowers the posters "karma", and the karma system automatically stops people from posting. It resets after a while, also automatically. This is why I'll W&W my own posts if I know there's trolls about.

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2024 4:14 AM

I've been on Datalounge, but I've never been on me.

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2024 5:11 AM

Was about 24 hours for me recently. I had a post where I clearly explained I was giving a Republican point of view NOT my opinion. Some sock puppet probably blew off the disclaimer.

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2024 7:40 AM

It happened to me too r15. I posted a question that received the wrath of fellow Dataloungers and was immediate F&F and banned for 24 hours. The thing that upset me was that others asked a similar question in the thread and weren’t attacked. Anyway I’ve let it go and I am glad to be back.

I do believe there is a contingent of people working together to F&F people in tandem to get rid of anyone who doesn’t think like them. One of those was the type who researches your previous posts and reposts them in the thread you are attacked on.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2024 8:34 AM

There also may be a loophole in the software that's being exploited.

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2024 8:37 AM

I’ve never been banned. What happens can you read threads, just not post to them?

Yesterday morning when Muriel’s servers were being glitchy, I kept getting Bad Gateway error messages and it did cross my mind that I’d been out on ice but then saw that others were having the same problem.

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2024 8:58 AM

Happened to me too OP, and as R13 said it's abuse of the F&F feature here that trolls with sock puppets use.. And when I contacted Muriel that was pretty much the explanation I got actually, if not quite in those words or so succint

OP it sounds like you upset someone's feefees. Did you post some nasty facts or something? All while remaining calm and reasonable and not engaging in personal attacks? Cos that's what did it for me, they HATE that with a visceral passion

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2024 9:20 AM

I've had it happen to me before. I wasn't trolling; I just expressed views that some didn't like (I won't go into detail) so I was probably downvoted for it, potentially by someone using multiple accounts.

I emailed 'Muriel' and was told my karma was a bit down, and while the responder didn't say they'd done anything, about 5 minutes after our email exchange I could post again.

Nowadays I try to avoid conflict because some people see the 'FF' button as just disagreement, whereas it's only meant to be used when someone's being abusive or obviously trolling.

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2024 9:56 AM

OP, lots of us get silenced for a day or two. It's frustrating but inevitable if you call out trolls or other nutjob posters, who, as others mention, will FF you to high heaven using their multiple accounts. When it happened to me, I knew almost for sure which poster did it. I won't say which one, but you would all recognize the name, and he is thankfully gone now.

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2024 10:08 AM

I get why Muriel doesn't reveal how moderation here fully works given all the gaming of the system.

by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2024 10:10 AM

R18: instead of a field to enter a reply, each thread ends with You Don't Have Permission to Post at This Time.

by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2024 11:36 AM

OP - Jimmy Two Times.

by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2024 11:54 AM

Just back from a brutal banning of more than 24 hrs and during The DNC! How cruel-How Cruel! I still don’t know what caused this travesty. Contacting Muriel and her people for help did not help.Solitary Confinement on DL.

by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2024 3:12 PM

What’s this about you can pay extra to not be banned? and Where do I sign up?

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2024 3:14 PM

…You pay extra by virtue of opening another account for $2.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2024 3:18 PM

It's the Straight Cunts, no lie, they're taking over!!! And you little homos are letting them. They should be FF to hell but no one does, STRAIGHT CUNTS SHOULD DIE.

by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2024 3:19 PM

[quote]For what? Only Muriel and friends know.

🎵 [italic]...hoes with lies akin to me...[/italic] 🎶

by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2024 3:21 PM

OP reads like DJT, a whiny little bitch. You know what you did!

by Anonymousreply 30August 23, 2024 3:31 PM

DL crawling with non family and getting worse everyday I’m afraid to say anything anymore-Annie Moore.

by Anonymousreply 31August 23, 2024 3:32 PM

I just knew it was only a matter of time when I discovered there were lesbians on board. DL = No Fun.

by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2024 3:35 PM

“I will not be censored by Marxist communists. This is America and I’m free to express my views! The low rated media will not deter me!”

by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2024 3:37 PM

Somebody Slap her!

by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2024 3:38 PM

I can't see my posts because apparently I've upset several delicate hothouse flowers here.

And yet Muriel has still seen fit to charge my credit card $19.99 this very day for the privilege of posting here.

by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2024 3:42 PM

Take it to Meta!

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2024 3:45 PM

Just repeating what Kathy Griffin said- ‘’big fat Oprah’’

by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2024 3:46 PM

Be careful engaging with trolls, especially the racists, homophobes, etc. Even if you are being civil, if a thread gets too heated and is deleted, YOU might get a vacation along with the idiot trolls. It’s like when a few kids are being disruptive and the whole class gets detention. Sometimes using the ignore button is best.

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2024 3:47 PM

We are all free to be banned.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2024 3:49 PM

Oprah can dish it out but she can’t take it! She’s a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2024 3:51 PM

Hater!

by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2024 3:52 PM

I had the 24 hour ban but I know why. It was a few years ago, not long Baldwin killed his cinematographer. I posted the flyer of a NYC event where Harry and Meghan were speakers and Baldwin was a moderator. It was a real event taking place but some posters assumed it was a fabrication because I also posted a picture of the actor from True Grit aiming a rifle. DL was not amused.

It wasn't even clear who would be shooting whom but violence, not to be confused with cruelty, will not be tolerated on this forum. (I did not feel the ban was entirely unjustified.)

by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2024 4:39 PM

*not long after*

by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2024 4:40 PM

[quote] because I also posted a picture of the actor from True Grit

Jeff Bridges or John Wayne?

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2024 4:44 PM

The fucking IGNORE button doesn't work, stop saying that.

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2024 4:45 PM

OP, there are a lot of snowflakes on the DL. They can dish it, but can't take it.

by Anonymousreply 46August 23, 2024 4:56 PM

[quote]I can't see my posts because apparently I've upset several delicate hothouse flowers here

Not sure if this is what happened to you, but some people accidently block themselves so they can't see their own replies anymore

by Anonymousreply 47August 23, 2024 5:01 PM

Thank you, R47. That is exactly what happened.

I should apologize to all the hothouse flowers here I've offended, but I won't.

by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2024 5:57 PM

You don't need to engage with them, R38. Posting something they don't like is enough.

by Anonymousreply 49August 23, 2024 6:45 PM

Go on a pro-Kamala or Walz thread and question anything about them and you'll be FF'd to oblivion and knocked off the site for a day.

by Anonymousreply 50August 23, 2024 6:53 PM

For reasons that are well known to op....

by Anonymousreply 51August 23, 2024 6:53 PM

Big deal. I was QUEEN for a day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 23, 2024 7:05 PM

Someone picks and chooses who gets banned, there is a wizard behind the curtain, and it walks among us. Then the straight cunts need to be shot.

by Anonymousreply 53August 23, 2024 7:51 PM

[quote]The fucking IGNORE button doesn't work, stop saying that.

So, is that why there is an orchestrated effort to ban posters? Or, is it much more malicious? They want to silence certain posters?

[quote]Go on a pro-Kamala or Walz thread and question anything about them and you'll be FF'd to oblivion and knocked off the site for a day.

I don't know if that is true or not but speaking only from what I've seen, if there is misinformation (LIES!) posted, there are other posters who will correct that misinformation, dismiss/ignore the posting (and the Trumpsters HATE that, or just won't acknowledge it--something that they HATE too!

[quote]OP, there are a lot of snowflakes on the DL. They can dish it, but can't take it.

Apparently, this is QUITE true!!!

[quote]DL crawling with non family and getting worse everyday I’m afraid to say anything anymore

It definitely seems that way.

[quote]Just back from a brutal banning of more than 24 hrs and during The DNC! How cruel-How Cruel!

Tell me about it...

What's "sock puppet"? And there are people who REALLY have so much time to have multiple accounts???

by Anonymousreply 54August 23, 2024 9:06 PM

[quote] And there are people who REALLY have so much time to have multiple accounts???

Hi.

by Anonymousreply 55August 23, 2024 9:13 PM

[quote] Go on a pro-Kamala or Walz thread and question anything about them and you'll be FF'd to oblivion and knocked off the site for a day.

The majority of DL'ers demand strict political conformity. You'd better be a Democrat or else!

by Anonymousreply 56August 23, 2024 9:30 PM

[quote]The majority of DL'ers demand strict political conformity. You'd better be a Democrat or else!

I don't agree. I believe (and I'll speak only for myself) that there are many who really make an effort to try and understand any type of gay support for Trump and this current Republican party. So far, I have yet to see any credible explanations. Let's use Richard Grenell as an example... I'd kind of understand and accept that he truly supports Donald Trump and Republicans purely for power and personal financial gain. To hell with the rest of the gay community. But he never says that. So, I find it difficult to understand how he can support a person and party that have literally come out and said that they hate you, or won't support your civil rights, and for many would like to see you as a gay person viciously killed.

by Anonymousreply 57August 23, 2024 9:39 PM

[quote]One of those was the type who researches your previous posts and reposts them in the thread you are attacked on.

Those posters are such fucking losers.

by Anonymousreply 58August 23, 2024 10:00 PM

Well Guess What ? The Like button and the FF button are the Same.....duhhhhh !

by Anonymousreply 59August 24, 2024 12:13 AM

I'm sorry that happened to you, Boris/OP.

But it's still better than Russia.

by Anonymousreply 60August 24, 2024 12:26 AM

Know how Muriel works. The only way to get immunity from bot FF's is to WW your own posts. Not deranged but prudent.

by Anonymousreply 61August 24, 2024 12:55 AM

Don’t be a dick. Unless you’re dealing with Teacake, in which case you drag that old white man back to the pit of hell.

by Anonymousreply 62August 24, 2024 12:57 AM

Muriel's algorithm tallies your FF's vs WW's to block or not. Self WW is self preservation.

by Anonymousreply 63August 24, 2024 4:13 AM

What do the FF and WW possess?

by Anonymousreply 64August 24, 2024 4:21 AM

R57 - you're practically alone on DL. If I post anything anti-Harris/Walz I get called a troll and a Russian bot and am FF'd until I can't post for a day. Total Democrat conformity is required on DL.

by Anonymousreply 65August 24, 2024 3:07 PM

I love DL during a U.S. election year! Nothing beats it: not Reddit, not Democratic Underground, none of the other platforms. I'll toe the line if that's what it takes not to be banned.

by Anonymousreply 66August 24, 2024 3:24 PM

"If I post anything anti-Harris/Walz I get called a troll and a Russian bot and am FF'd until I can't post for a day."

Go to a MAGAt website and make a pro Harris/Walz statement and see what happens, Snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 67August 24, 2024 3:31 PM

You don't have to be a Larry shipper, nor Larry believer, as some poster states, but you have to be Kamala believer.

by Anonymousreply 68August 24, 2024 3:36 PM

[quote] You don't have to be a Larry shipper, nor Larry believer

If you will.

by Anonymousreply 69August 24, 2024 3:46 PM

Happened to me once, too. It was because of TeaCunt/DeFuckUp and his army of sock puppet accounts all F&Fing me.

by Anonymousreply 70August 24, 2024 4:06 PM

R59 Is that true? Are WW & FF the same? I have always wondered that because they are both shaded when I try to click on one.

by Anonymousreply 71August 24, 2024 5:59 PM

R71 No.

by Anonymousreply 72August 24, 2024 6:31 PM

She 2 bizzy.

by Anonymousreply 73August 26, 2024 1:34 AM

I've been banned from posting twice, once for 2 weeks, I have no idea why. The second time, for 2 days, I knew I was asking for it, I started a thread about missing a certain prune loving cat owner.

by Anonymousreply 74August 26, 2024 2:11 AM

[quote]I started a thread about missing a certain prune loving cat owner.

He of the progressively disappearing letters/shrinking name? I wondered what might have happened to him! He is part of DL lore.

by Anonymousreply 75August 26, 2024 2:19 AM

Not (G)(R)Umpy, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 76August 26, 2024 2:22 AM

I just got banned for a bit after I created the lasted treason thread. I knew it was that because I hadn’t posted anything political except for that thread, and it was crossed out within 1/2 hour.

I emailed DL and blasted them, but I don’t know if it worked. Time outs are usually 24 hours, but mine lasted about 12. There are definitely trolls and sock puppets on here—for example, the OP, whose post I can’t see because I have them blocked.

by Anonymousreply 77August 26, 2024 2:25 AM

I also remember (less fondly) our nursing student, Book Guy.

by Anonymousreply 78August 26, 2024 2:25 AM

[quote] I also remember (less fondly) our nursing student, Book Guy.

John/PMBT.

by Anonymousreply 79August 26, 2024 2:27 AM

I was put on timeout for 24 hours after posting something bitchy about Prune.

There is something very dark about that one-he took this WAY too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 80August 26, 2024 2:29 AM

I truly hope that Muriel is reading and tracking this thread. It seems that there are those who are abusing the "FF" feature. Can anything be done about that?

by Anonymousreply 81August 26, 2024 11:03 AM

[quote] There are definitely trolls and sock puppets on here—for example, the OP, whose post I can’t see because I have them blocked.

Considering the subject of the thread, is it wise to deliberately try to draw the ire of OP and show that you have targeted them? It may be OP who puts you into time-out.

by Anonymousreply 82August 26, 2024 4:28 PM

[quote]Considering the subject of the thread, is it wise to deliberately try to draw the ire of OP and show that you have targeted them? It may be OP who puts you into time-out.

Well, as someone who was recently banned and then... banned maybe a month or two prior, I do hope that Muriel is reading this thread and paying close attention to it. There's abuse going on here and maybe there is a solution to stop it or at the very least severely curb it. What's annoying is that one does not know why they have been banned so that they can avoid doing it again. However, it appears as if this is malicious and orchestrated "FF" going on. Alas... maybe there is nothing that can be done.

by Anonymousreply 83August 26, 2024 6:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!