Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING NEWS: Biden is NOT stepping down

As confirmed by the man himself. You Chicken Little types need to STFU already and quit reading right-wing conspiracy bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 34July 25, 2024 12:55 PM

The only place I read it was on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2024 12:36 AM

No, he's not stepping down. He's just serving out the rest of his term and then not running for reelection.

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2024 12:38 AM

It's still iffy that he'll live that long though.

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2024 12:40 AM

It’s still July…

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2024 12:55 AM

He also doesn't have a 'terminal disease which was found when he was diagnosed with COVID' as all the republicans are trying to convince Americans. They're saying this is why he stepped down - and he was going to tell us tonight.

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2024 1:00 AM

Well when people that are elected can't do their job, and they won't explain why and resign, you probably have a right to make up theories and guesses.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2024 1:05 AM

He’s under no obligation to resign.

He just is going to make it harder for Harris to win the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2024 1:13 AM

Yes,if he stepped down Kamala would have it much easier-all of us would.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2024 1:19 AM

I'm sure he's proud that his decision resulted in a donation windfall of tens of million$

He looked and sounded great. I want him to get back to being an awesome President.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2024 1:25 AM

[quote]Well when people that are elected can't do their job, and they won't explain why and resign, you probably have a right to make up theories and guesses.

Have you been in a coma the past four years? Biden has done a truly outstanding job – to my considerable surprise – in what may have been the single *worst* environment for a newly elected president in American history. Jan. 6! Covid! Inflation! Supply chain insanity! Housing market off the rails! And yet we did not go into a recession or have any systemic issues as a result.

And what is this "they won't explain why" absurdity? He literally said why: he wants to save democracy, and he's finally been convinced that he can't do it himself.

Are you one of those people who always assumes the worst so you won't "get hurt" or something? If so, get the fuck over it.

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2024 1:55 AM

I doubt he'll finish out his term

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2024 1:57 AM

Resigning wouldn’t make it easier for Harris. She’d be a new President and a campaigner at the same time. Also Biden is not incapacitated. No reason not to finish his term. Maybe Trump will croak before Biden.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2024 2:03 AM

I just want him to pardon Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2024 2:06 AM

[quote]Well when people that are elected can't do their job, and they won't explain why and resign, you probably have a right to make up theories and guesses.

No you don't.

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2024 2:14 AM

I don't, R11. You're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2024 2:15 AM

There is this lie that was going around that Joe Biden had a medical emergency on Air Force 1 on the way to Delaware and the he was in a coma and that they were hiding it from the public. That it was a lie that he had covid and it was just to hide his being near death.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2024 2:42 AM

He was never an awesome president.

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2024 3:02 AM

No, he only saved us from Dump, R17 when no one else could.

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2024 3:05 AM

There is another conspiracy theory going around on the right that Democratic Big Money Donors gave Biden $500 million to drop out of the race so he could be replaced.

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2024 3:06 AM

Zzzzzzzzz...

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2024 3:12 AM

Who the fuck thought he was stepping down? Scat obsessed russian trolls maybe? MAGA's who think Lauren Boobert is a hot granny?

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2024 3:34 AM

I know several devastated MAGAdonians who are flipping their shit that President Biden didn't step down tonight. And another was mad that he showed up, alive, because she was so sure he was dead.

These people really should think before they post on their socials. I know they don't mind looking insane but they also look like morons.

"Sleepy Joe Biden was killed by Laughin Kameltoe and was replaced by an actor wearing a mask, just like in FACE/OFF! Anyone who can't see THE TRUTH is a sheeple!"

by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2024 3:58 AM

[quote] These people really should think before they post on their socials. I know they don't mind looking insane but they also look like morons.

On DL and elsewhere, we have a similar situation with people posting their belief that the assassination attempt was staged.

by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2024 4:25 AM

I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2024 4:27 AM

[quote]I doubt he'll finish out his term.

Your "concern" is noted, Concern Troll. Now: go fuck yourself already.

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2024 4:28 AM

[quote]I know several devastated MAGAdonians who are flipping their shit that President Biden didn't step down tonight.

I monitor a handful of QAnon influencers on Facebook for shits and giggles and let me tell you, they are not happy campers these days. They hate Vance and think Trump chose him to "expose" him as part of the cabal. The polls and the huge shift in Dem attitudes are getting to them as well. They know deep down this isn't gonna end up well for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 25, 2024 4:51 AM

Ugh, QAnnoners and their Medbed bullshit.

Those freaks really, really need locked away. They are raving loonies.

by Anonymousreply 27July 25, 2024 5:05 AM

How can QANON still be a thing? They never believed Biden was actually President. Now they think he’s President but died last week. Or JFK Jr. is still alive. When does the paychosis end?

by Anonymousreply 28July 25, 2024 5:24 AM

..psychosis…but oaychosis sounds cool.

by Anonymousreply 29July 25, 2024 5:26 AM

r28 There has never been any consistent structure or internal logic to anything they believe in, it's all just hodgepodge that changes on a weekly basis. The deranged nature of "anything goes" is part of the appeal.

Just take a look at this comment under the post at r26. You only used to see something like this smeared in shit on the walls of an asylum, but now old ladies are casually posting it like it's the most normal thing in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 25, 2024 5:42 AM

[quote]He [Biden] looked and sounded great. I want him to get back to being an awesome President.

And a large percentage of Datalounge probably wish they could go back to a 30" waistline. But time doesn't turn back because of pride or wishes.

by Anonymousreply 31July 25, 2024 7:00 AM

R26, R28, R30,

Not surprising to hear about the QAnon-ers in a tizzy. It’s their modus operandi after all. These are the most hopeless, wretched fucking cunts our society has ever produced and we would all be better off if they could all do something charitable for once in their fetid existence and eat a loaded gun. QAnon filth are beneath all festering contempt.

by Anonymousreply 32July 25, 2024 7:55 AM

Agree with R30.

Their obsession of living in a MATRIX or THE TRUMAN SHOW style world or of there being a shadow government working against people "in the know" like them, to explain why they can't get ahead in life and how people think they're freaks and losers, instead of it being their own poor choices, off-putting personalities, and untreated mental illness is a glaring advertisement for reopening the insane asylums.

by Anonymousreply 33July 25, 2024 10:48 AM

We should try to convince conspiracy-addled MAGATs that Hunter is actually the return of JFK Jr that they’ve been waiting for.

by Anonymousreply 34July 25, 2024 12:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!