Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have a Bless Day or Find Jesus You Fag

Do you ever think that when female customer service reps tell you to have a “blessed day” at the end of you all’s transaction, that it is code work for “I’m a pray for you” or find God you gay”. Something about the tone; sometimes it’s said in an empathizing way. Especially after they have spent 10 minutes with you on the phone flirting until it hits them “he’s just not into me”. This is has happened in grocery stores too.

by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2024 8:27 PM

I tell them: "It will be, once I go home and sacrifice some goats to Beelzebub."

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2024 8:59 PM

Eh. It's a shit job, they deal with abusive voices in their ear all day.

And the ones who say Have A Blessed Day to you and you're gay and you're reading a lot into it, know that they say that to everyone. Atheists probably complain about it too.

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2024 9:07 PM

There's a nasty bitch at the P.O. who always says, "Have a day-day" and I know she means 'gay day'.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2024 9:43 PM

What would be as annoying is their dropping the -ed ending in “blessed”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2024 10:00 PM

Some of you guys are just looking for something to be insulted about.

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2024 10:04 PM

Op you are in need of psychiatric intervention

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2024 10:08 PM

R6 I know :(

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2024 10:11 PM

I do find god stuff offensive. I never wish them to have a happy pride month. Why do they feel obliged to share their faith and associated prejudices.

And when someone I do not know wishes me Merry Xmas, I reply: Happy Holidays.

Be polite but firm. It is prostelytizing pure and simple. Keep it to yourself and I will too.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2024 10:21 PM

The proper and polite response is "And a Nanoo Nanoo be unto you". Split fingered handshake optional.

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2024 10:33 PM

I take pleasantries like that at face value unless said in an obviously sarcastic tone. A fundie saying "have a blessed day" is no more offensive than someone from France saying "bon jour."

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2024 11:18 PM

I used to say that to really angry customers when I had a customer service job. It was my way of saying "fuck you, I don't care if you're unhappy".

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2024 1:26 AM

OP not once have I ever thought that, because the ones who say that, say it to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2024 1:29 AM

I just reply with a reply a pagan friend taught me, ‘blessed be’ . It always gets a curious look and I get a kick out of it

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2024 1:32 AM

It's not about you, OP.

I think those people are more the fake-happy people who think a positive attitude conquers all.

Having said that, I do think there's a few times where "Have a blessed day" is sort of like "bless your heart" - e.g. something they can say nicely instead of saying fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2024 1:34 AM

R14 Try not to come at me that way. Learn respect.

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2024 1:37 AM

r15 DIAGF, Teafake

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2024 1:59 AM

[quote] Do you ever think that when female customer service reps tell you to have a “blessed day”…..

I’ve never had anyone working in any professional capacity say that to me.

I’d probably reply with “under His eye” or “blessed be the fruit.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2024 2:00 AM

Only crazy people say this. I just say “thanks” and wait for the crazy to vacate the area.

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2024 3:42 AM

Maybe it’s a southern thing.

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2024 5:28 AM

R4 Yes, so much. It's incredibly annoying and I even see it in work emails.

But people who say have a bless-ED day say that to everyone, it's incredibly phony and annoying, and I like it, it tells me who to avoid. When people tell you who they are, listen to them.

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2024 5:49 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2024 5:50 PM

Respond with a Vulcan salute, saying, "Peace and Long Life."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2024 6:50 PM

[bold]OP, what kind of convo are you having with customer service reps that would let them know you're gay??[/bold]

A male clerk at my regular quicky-mart always says that to customers in person no matter who. Is he secretly calling everyone a fag?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2024 10:06 PM

[quote] Is he secretly calling everyone a fag?

Perhaps the clerk at the Quicky-Mart is Matt Damon?

by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2024 10:20 PM

An old lady said it to me on an elevator today.i think she was being sincere. It felt genuine. It kind of threw me at first but then I decided that I WOULD have a blessed day, and I have.

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2024 10:23 PM

I say “God bless you” routinely and fail to see the offense.

by Anonymousreply 26July 25, 2024 10:47 PM

I mean, what do you bitches do when someone bids you “adios” or “adieu”?

by Anonymousreply 27July 25, 2024 10:52 PM

I react like a shaky, elderly Katharine Hepburn and exclaim “who dared you?”

by Anonymousreply 28July 25, 2024 11:02 PM

r22, not "Live long and prosper"?

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2024 12:20 AM

Call me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2024 12:29 AM

[quote] not "Live long and prosper"?

R30, “Peace and long life” is a response to "Live long and prosper".

by Anonymousreply 31July 26, 2024 12:38 AM

I don't begrudge people wishing me, a stranger, something that in their world or perfect world or pretended world means something positively significant. Or polite.

And I don't quibble with people saying adieu because I am offended that they presume to invoke a deity to protect me.

Why?

Because I may be a mess but I'm not using an exaggerated complaint to shart racism all over myself.

by Anonymousreply 32July 26, 2024 12:44 AM

[quote]R31 “Peace and long life” is a response to "Live long and prosper".

What’s the proper response to “Live long and prolapse”?

by Anonymousreply 33July 26, 2024 1:01 AM

R33: That would be "Pucker up, Buttercup."

by Anonymousreply 34July 26, 2024 1:19 AM

[quote]R29: not "Live long and prosper"?

No. 'Peace and Long Life' is an alternative salute.

Besides, I cannot honestly say that I wish them prosperity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2024 8:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!