Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends behold - Casa Encantada

At $195 million, Casa Encantada obliterates the $210 million Malibu McMansion in terms of bang for the buck. That grotesque, record-breaking Malibu estate doesn’t even come close.

This 9-acre estate has everything you could dream of: a full-sized pool house, a tennis court with its own wet locker room and viewing stands, a gardening "shed" bigger than most typical New York apartments, and even a working gas station complete with actual gas pumps (I asked the estate manager how much the gas was per gallon, and he said it's so astronomically expensive that it’s ridiculous). The cherry on top? It’s guarded 24/7 by ex-Mossad agents. I’ve been inside, and it’s nothing short of spectacular. Mr. Winnick didn’t just restore this place; he brought it back to its 1930s glory. The original ovens and refrigerator were meticulously rebuilt to look and work like new. Plus, he had his interior designer hunt down and buy the existing original furnishings, so the home oozes authentic charm. This estate sets the gold standard for grand restorations in America—an absolute masterpiece of old-school elegance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2024 10:56 PM

Beautiful. My boss has a mansion in Malibu but nothing in comparison

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2024 7:04 PM

So isolating though!

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2024 7:48 PM

R2 I think you're kidding — but if not, it's less than half a mile from Sunset Blvd.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2024 9:12 PM

Dreamy.

The link above is stingy with pics.

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2024 9:34 PM

Being isolated on 9 arces with a pool and tennis court is exactly what I need

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2024 9:36 PM

Does it have a gift-wrapping room?

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2024 9:40 PM

Three times as many bathrooms as bedrooms. No photos of any of them or the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2024 9:48 PM

Tear down city.

This is the former home of Conrad Hilton (30 years). Financier Gary Winnick is the current owner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2024 10:13 PM

I mean, obviously it's perfection, but are there any more pictures about, OP? I'd like to be able to appreciate all the details you mentioned in your post.

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2024 10:31 PM

I was an "elf" for two seasons for the professional Christmas queen that decorated the Hilton mansion in the late 90s. It has a HUGE basement running underneath the entire house. A curved secret stairwell led up to the hallway right outside the sunken living room. Mr. Hilton's television room had a screen that took up an entire wall. Marilyn, Mrs. Hilton, had MS and was mostly confined to her upstairs suite but made sure we had food and drink readily available. Rick, Kathy, Paris, and siblings arrived as we were finishing up the last day the second year.

Fun Fact: A spiral staircase led up from the breakfast nook to the second floor, haunted by a little girl ghost. The estates manager told us stories as we sat outside having a glass of champagne the last day my first year. (At the insistence of Mrs. Hilton.)

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2024 12:20 AM

Casa Enchilada

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2024 12:21 AM

The grounds are more impressive than the house.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2024 12:35 AM

The estate is so big it makes more sense to buy it to subdivide it.

You could fit the four smaller estates within this estate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2024 3:00 PM

Actually six.

Whoever can buy it, subdivide it and develop it can make a fortune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2024 3:04 PM

Winnick allowed Paris Hilton to use the house and grounds for her wedding to her gay husband.

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2024 4:17 PM

It ain't home but it's much.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2024 4:58 PM

OP here:

The main house is full of interesting features, like the original 1930's built-in cubbies shelves in the foyer/lobby for men's hats with the brass number and correlating brass tags/tickets still there.

The kitchen is huge, about 2,000 square feet, the walls are lined in beautiful Delft tiles, it's divided into three rooms and a separate butler's pantry. They didn't modernize it, so thank God there's no open concept. Although there is no gift wrapping room - there is a separate floral kitchen with a floor to ceiling commercial refrigerator that probably cost the same as a German luxury car.

The property is so big that you need a fleet of golf carts to get around. Despite its size, the layout feels comfortable. The foyer and reception rooms take up a lot of downstairs space. The restored bar is done in what I would guess, millions dollars of frosted Lalique glass and silver backed mirrors. Along the side of the left part of the u shaped driveway the building was once for servants, is now Mrs. Winnick's studio. She's a "famous" children's book illustrator and writer.

The basement has several apartments for live-in staff, a catering kitchen with its own outdoor entrance, and a walk-in humidor with a home theater. The guest house is about approx 3,000 square feet, with men's and women's dressing rooms and reception areas for both, making it feel like a fancy spa.

As a side note, he was tough to deal with and was a scary asshole. When he found out that one person out of hundreds workers used a toilet inside the main mansion - instead of the designated outdoor porta-potties, he had every toilet in the house ripped out and replaced! And she was a neurotic pill-popping mess who didn't want to leave their "modest" mansion in Brentwood, so was she crying almost the entire time we worked there.

Ta da, there you go!

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2024 6:12 PM

Sorry instead of guest house, it should be *pool house.

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2024 6:15 PM

Again, these are all parodies of classical architecture. The proportions are off. Have none if these architects seen Palladio’s four books or Vitruvius Britannicus? If you go for classical proportions get it right.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2024 6:17 PM

^ I think that's suppose to be on purpose. Regency is notoriously out of proportion with it's giant doors and slender columns mocking classical styles. Not saying I like the style, but kind of understand it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2024 7:16 PM

Plus, he had his interior designer hunt down and buy the existing original furnishings,

This sounds like bullshit. Like the "little girl ghost" crap. The facade reminds me of the Clampet Mansion.

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2024 7:33 PM

^ I was always a fan of the Drysdale Mansion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2024 7:41 PM

According to this guy this is the Beverly Hillbillies mansion. Regardless, this estate is even more of an amazing property them op's estate above.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2024 7:55 PM

Maybe you are right, R20. I got carried away a bit. It's just that I feel that so much money can buy you a better architect. The garden facade is awful.

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2024 7:57 PM

Bel Air is too far from the ocean. The house, of course, is hideous. Ugly and looks like a 1930s tuberculosis hospital.

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2024 8:03 PM

Why would a private tennis court need viewing stands?

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2024 8:04 PM

Beautiful, and so it should be at that price. So many expensive homes are ostentatious but ugly, this is ostentatious too but at least its attractive and would be a pleasure to live in

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2024 9:46 PM

Too big.

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2024 10:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!