Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tell us about your school bullies

There are 2 guys that made my life hell, both sort of popular, slightly chubby, straight enough to get by but suspect femme moments, they used me to deflect from themselves. They definitely had dads who told them to “not act like a little faggot!” They’re both married to shrews now, are alcoholics and fatter and miserable. Funny how life goes.

by Anonymousreply 55July 28, 2024 10:16 AM

I honestly don't believe there were any bullies in my high school and I had a graduating class of 365. If there were I was unaware of it. There were cliques but no bullies, I don't even remember there ever being a fight during or after school. This was 1967-1970.

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2024 10:25 PM

R1 are you a gay man or a woman?

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2024 12:10 AM

They began our junior high years bullying me named Jim and John—and then after I started lifting weights and finally encountered them successfully, we ended junior high with them being re-named Janine and Joan!

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2024 12:21 AM

I was bullied for being super skinny for a couple years 7th / 8th. But in 9th when we had to take showers in PE and got naked, the 2 fatties shut up, because I was skinny with a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2024 12:26 AM

My school bully made my life a living hell for four years. I won't go into the details but I was delighted to learn that he had frozen to death while squatting in a storage unit rented by his mother. Big ole meth addict/alcoholic. Karma is slow sometimes, but she ALWAY pays off.

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2024 12:28 AM

One of mine committed suicide earlier this year.

The other is quite wealthy and is a successful yacht enthusiast.

Funny how it goes. I just don't hold any grudges against either of them:they never hit me, only mocked me, and they were just kids back then.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2024 12:29 AM

I don't know of any bullies in my high school class of 350+, either. As far as I know, no one was taunted for being gay or effeminate.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2024 12:33 AM

My tormentor was an older kid who lived around the block. He had to have been 4-5 years older than me but still managed to find the time to taunt me about "playing with girls" and questioning why I wasn't more butch. I'll never understand why a bigger, older kid needs to taunt and humiliate a much younger child?

Oh, his name is Andy Smialek.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2024 12:43 AM

I grew up in a VERY conservative small town about 40 miles outside of a major Southern city, back in the '80s & '90s. Had a senior class totaling exactly 100, and I was definitely bullied significantly. I was still closeted at the time, of course, but after I finally came out – of the closet as well as my protective shell – I returned for my 10- and 20-year reunions, and was spitefully happy to see how awfully my worst tormentors turned out. Several had served prison time, and my worst bully had a life sentence without parole for a double homicide!

As it also turned out, our prom queen – which even my gay-as-fuck eyes could tell was the single hottest person to ever step foot in that town – also came out as a "lipstick lesbian," and we had an "interesting" after-party back at my hotel!

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2024 12:57 AM

R9 are you a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2024 12:59 AM

State your gender and sexual orientation when telling stories

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2024 12:59 AM

Gay male, R10.

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2024 1:04 AM

R12 what was “interesting” you fuck the Lezzie prom queen?

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2024 1:07 AM

r11 No

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2024 1:22 AM

I still fantasize about him.

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2024 1:27 AM

I try to understand them in hindsight. Bullies are made at home. They took their pain and rage to school.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2024 1:27 AM

Oh yeah- bullied in Jr. high.I was fat and on crutches for many months after hip surgery (slipped epiphysis). Had my crutches stolen and broken-teased and accused of lying about my injury to get out of gym even by some teachers.Still looking for the right support group! Boo-Hoo-Hoo.

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2024 1:48 AM

Never peak in high school!

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2024 1:54 AM

R13, at the after-party, one of my best female friends – who's straight – hooked up with the prom queen. I hooked up with the (gay male) twink friend the prom queen brought as her "date." Several other HS pals also had their first same-sex experiences that night. Capiche?

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2024 1:59 AM

I was tormented by a lot of kids. Small rural school in the 80s that I ended up at after being a city kid. Was called faggot or fairy daily. Pushed into lockers. Kids telling me I’d be better off dying of AIDS, or telling everyone I had it. Really, not many days didn’t go by that I didn’t feel like I’d be better off dead. But I survived, and don’t care what became of any of those people. My life turned out well.

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2024 2:03 AM

Mine was a guy on my high school football team. My freshman year I met him, in the locker room, changing for the first time into my uniform. He was not at the meeting before the first practice, he just showed up. So I was surprised when he walked in, and started changing a couple of lockers down. He looked at me and had a look of instant dislike for me. He was enormous. One of those freak freshman, 6' 5" 275 pounds. He made my life hell every practice. All through my four years he said maybe 100 words to me, but made sure I was the guy he would make fun of in a crowd at school. He just seemed to be angry at everything.

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2024 2:07 AM

Too triggering.

by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2024 2:14 AM

R2 R1 here, to answer your question, I am a white gay male, it was the late nineteen sixties so of course I was not out in high school and I am not obviously gay to most people. There were a couple of guys I remember being a little bit effeminate but they were well accepted, if they were bullied I didn't know about it. It was an all white public high school in rural northern Indiana near Fort Wayne, there were no black people in the entire county at the time. We had a couple of Asian students and they were well accepted and popular. We had a few really weird kids who had few to no friends, but I really don't remember anyone picking on them, just ignoring them. As I said I don't even remember any fights in school or after school. Guess I was lucky, sort of.

It wasn't like I wasn't bullied though, my bully was my brother five years older who tormented and beat me horribly, gave me bloody noses and bruises and I lived in terror of him never knowing when he might turn on me.

by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2024 2:30 AM

I had so many bullies in junior high that I can instantly come up with ten and have to stop thinking about it because it is too triggering. However, many others had the same experiences. Nobody bullied me in high school. I did always notice that the bullies were always ugly. None of the gorgeous people ever bullied. The beautiful girls were bullied out of jealousy. The hot guys were worshipped.

by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2024 2:30 AM

To die for.

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2024 2:38 AM

The guy I hated most became an alcoholic before we even graduated. He ended up dropping out and I couldn't have been happier about it. I looked him up on Facebook and his life looks miserable. Time and alcohol have ravaged him and he has a fat, ugly wife to match. Hehe!

by Anonymousreply 26July 25, 2024 6:27 AM

I wasn't bullied, but remember vividly in 11th grade English when I was doing a book report on "In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote" and the class lunkhead said "He's a fag (huh huh huh huh)." At the time I thought "Yeah, he's a fag who's accomplished a lot more than you ever will."

During the pandemic I Googled the lunkhead's name and he died of COVID well after vaccines were available. The obit showed an overweight slob with a gray goatee and all the cliches: "His greatest achievement was being 'Pop-pop' to his grandchildren ... he would give you the SHIRT OFF HIS BACK," and on and on. No question he was a MAGAT. Oh, well: enjoy life without your Pop-pop.

by Anonymousreply 27July 25, 2024 6:48 AM

I was bullied / called a faggot daily by several different people during Intermediate School in the 70s - none of whom I really remember.

There was less bullying in High School, but when it occurred it was worse. Around 2012 I randomly opened my school’’s webpage and saw that one of my biggest bullies had died on 9/11.

I felt bad that I didn’t feel bad.

by Anonymousreply 28July 25, 2024 6:50 AM

I didn't start to get bullied until my senior year of High School, and it wasn't really getting bullied just tormented, by a red-headed piece of shit named Kurt. He would call me a fat queer. I had enough so I pushed him up against the bleachers and said "YOU go to HELL" which looking back was a very fat queer thing to do, I should have just viciously slapped him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 25, 2024 7:21 AM

I was an orchestra dweeb in high school and was in the pit orchestra for the annual school musical. During a rehearsal, one of the Drama Club boys got into an argument from the stage with the conductor about the tempo of a song he was singing. The conductor was the music teacher in the high school. The teacher got fed up and yelled angrily, “Pipe down, you fairy!” to the kid. I wanted to say, “Hey, your concertmaster is a fairy, too, and don’t you ever argue with show tunes queens about tempos again!” But, it was 1972, so I didn’t.

Meanwhile, I had a major crush on the music teacher’s son, who was a student in the school. That kid belonged to some sort of young Christian fellowship group, so I suspect the whole family was homophobic.

This was not in some red state. It was in a major blue metropolitan area in the mid-Atlantic region. I’ve never had any desire to attend a high school reunion.

by Anonymousreply 30July 25, 2024 7:31 AM

Another incident I try to block out was, still my senior year, Doing laps around the track a classmate named Chad jumped on top of me and started rubbing my nipples through my shirt, embarrassed because they got hard, he said you like that! Let me take you out back and fuck you! I thought we had been friends up to that moment. I got him off me and just went mental, freaking out and crying they had to get the school psychologist to meet with me, The secretary in the office was on my side"Chad ________ come to the office NOW" The worst part was I wanted him to take me out back and fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 31July 25, 2024 8:08 AM

Small town school.

School was a long, long nightmare for me. I was a shy, sensitive kid and I was bullied constantly by kids and teachers. The teachers made my life miserable, probably because I was not like my outgoing older siblings. I never did anything to attract attention , but I got picked on daily and sometimes there was violence. I still come out in a cold sweat when I think of it. It got so bad I dropped out.

Years later, having somehow managed to achieve an education and a professional career, I have never been tempted to revisit that time. I have occasionally been contacted by people I went to school with. Through the grapevine I learned that several of the worst bullies came to a bad end. I was not sad.

by Anonymousreply 32July 25, 2024 8:31 AM

I crashed my 20th high school reunion specifically to confront a bully from the 7th grade. I was tanned, built, and was wearing my partner's Armani suit. And sure enough, there was Jamie, fat, bald, and drunk. He was absolutely horrified when I reminded him that he used to punch me in the stomach during football practice in PE class, as other classmates were watching. Hadn't seen any of them in decades. My closest friends from childhood did not attend. We all grew up in a bland suburb of San Francisco. This reunion was held in a hotel in SF, not far from where I've lived for the past 40 years (yes, I'm old). Jamie was on the verge of tears. I felt sorry for him. I'd never been hugged by a straight dude so hard before. He bought me drinks. His wife was a doll. We talked about one of their three sons, whom they thought was gay. I advised them to make supportive comments about "diverse" people in general at the dinner table and to not speak to him directly about it. This was the year 2000. Not sure if that was good advice or not. When I mentioned that I thought he was the cutest guy in the 7th grade, everyone said, "we all thought that". I was a quiet but snarky brat with glasses, braces, and straight A's. Almost no one suspected that I was a homo. I was not well known but had grown up with these kids since kindergarten. Word got out quickly around the room that I'd become One of The Gays. Somehow, I managed to turn this reunion of 500 people into sort of my own personal coming out party. A lot of them had become right-wingers just like their parents and were pissed off at me. There was another bully whose family moved away from the area and did not attend. I'd still like to take a broken wine glass and slash one of his jugular veins and watch him bleed out. He was truly evil and was obsessed with guys whom he thought might be gay. My guess is that life didn't turn out for him well. Jamie was just a stupid, hyperactive kid with ADHD who turned out to be a sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 33July 25, 2024 9:30 AM

r29 "looking back was a very fat queer thing to do"

That made me laugh - thank you!

by Anonymousreply 34July 25, 2024 9:38 AM

I was bullied for a time when I was about 10 by two other boys in my class. I'm not sure what they didn't like about me; probably because I was fairly quiet and studious. It was mostly laughing at me, mocking me, name calling, etc, which I could put up with. But it ended with one of them kicking me in the nuts. At that point I told my parents because I was concerned that would then become a regular thing. My parents went to the school and it stopped pretty quickly. The head teacher was pretty severe and I think he scared them into behaving.

A few years after that I was technically 'bullied' by a girl. She used to mock the way I spoke and, again, the fact I was studious (she was struggling with her work and was probably a bit jealous). She used to flick her fountain pen at me, which sprayed ink all over my shirt and would then giggle about it. Obviously it pissed my mum off because the ink didn't always come out properly. She must have done it in every class I had with her for weeks. She eventually stopped, but I think she was emboldened by the fact I was a guy, because she knew I wouldn't go running to the teacher about it. It was mild in that in didn't cause me any physical harm, but mentally it wasn't very nice.

Compared to other people I think I got off quite lucky. None of my bullying was homophobic - so I don't think I was suspected of being gay - they just focused on the fact I was quiet and got on with my work. I don't pay them any thought these days and have no idea what they're doing with themselves these days.

by Anonymousreply 35July 25, 2024 9:49 AM

The guys were rude and spout those one-offs “fag!” etc. and the guys who seemed closeted took it further to shake the suspicion away from themselves, but honestly the girls were the worst, it was constant and they were out to expose you. I was teased everyday by the girls, it was rare a guy said anything.

by Anonymousreply 36July 25, 2024 3:10 PM

Two bullies that stick out in my mind -- one was Jeff. We were in 7th grade and had math class together. He looked just like Brandon Sexton Jr. in "Welcome to the Dollhouse." I had such a crush on him. He called me "fag" and blew kisses at me from across the room while the rest of the class laughed.

In high school, there was Justin, a tall, lanky cowboy with a tight little ass. Everytime we'd walk past each other, he'd sneer at me and utter a slur.

I don't know what happened to either of those assholes, but I'd like to think that they'd both be mortified that I spilled many, many loads to fantasies of them -- my little form of revenge.

by Anonymousreply 37July 25, 2024 4:40 PM

Got me thinking about my bullies and who was the worst. Found him online. Marine for six years desert storm era. Making millions now as a vp at home depot. Married a girl way underneath him in looks. I want to stalk him and get fucked.

by Anonymousreply 38July 25, 2024 4:52 PM

R37 look them up and give us an update

by Anonymousreply 39July 25, 2024 7:19 PM

R38 Pete???

by Anonymousreply 40July 25, 2024 7:20 PM

Two guys bullied me after sexually coming into me when their hormones were probably all over the place. Both really good looking but I was too scared they were tricking me. Name calling and making up stories I was a gay slut.

I'm sure one thought I'd said something about him which sparked off picking on me.

by Anonymousreply 41July 25, 2024 7:45 PM

*onto me. I wish it had been into me!

by Anonymousreply 42July 25, 2024 7:51 PM

Sixth grade was no fun due to this little dick named Danny. He sat behind me and made it a point to heckle everything I said. He used to try and scratch me with the springs you find in ballpoint pens. The teacher, who was later charged with aiding the delinquency of a minor, ignored all of it. I remember that class being pure chaos with that dipshit annoying me all the time.

I looked up Danny and he died of alcohol poisoning in his early 40s. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 43July 25, 2024 8:21 PM

R8, is it the Andy Smialek whose Facebook profile has a big pic of Trump with his raised fist and other assorted Trump/MAGA/anti-vax pics? If so, it looks like he's still a huge asshole. May he rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 44July 25, 2024 8:46 PM

R43 Danny was being molested by his male relatives and made fun of you to project his internal emotions. But because you’re an out and proud gay, your pain means more than his. Most gays become the center of the universe in their own minds as a defense mechanism.

by Anonymousreply 45July 25, 2024 8:51 PM

The 1980 film My Bodyguard encapsulates this dynamic perfectly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 25, 2024 10:00 PM

No, r44, that is a different guy but he does indeed seem like a total asshole.

by Anonymousreply 47July 26, 2024 12:21 AM

No bullies at my school either.

by Anonymousreply 48July 26, 2024 12:37 AM

I was actually just reliving this a few minutes ago while making my dinner, and I got really depressed. Then I sat down and saw this thread. It was horrible. I was humiliated every single day. One day in the 10th grade, I snapped, and I beat the shit out of one of the main perpetrators in the middle of the quad in front of dozens of people. I got suspended, as did the guy I pummelled. I didn't get called faggot for a few days after that, but it didn't last long. I wish I'd done that more often. It profoundly affected me and shaped who I am today. I deal with anxiety, fear, depression, and anger caused by it daily. I am particularly uncomfortable around straight men. I have never reached my potential in my career or in life, and I think it's mainly due to what I experienced from the 5th through the 12th grade.

by Anonymousreply 49July 26, 2024 12:50 AM

I don't recall much bullying in my schools. One overgrown guy who must have repeated a few grades tried to start mocking me in 9th or 10th grade, but he picked Art class to do it in, where I was the top student, bordered on being a teacher's pet, had a lot of friends, and felt completely confident in firing back verbal jabs and exposing him as a moron. Turns out he didn't like having a gathered bunch of kids laughing at [italic]him[/italic], and never gave me any more trouble. (I'm sure it would have gone much worse for me if we'd had P.E. together, but lack of athletic ability and worry about springing a boner in the locker room made that class hellish enough without anyone antagonizing me.)

by Anonymousreply 50July 26, 2024 1:05 AM

This thread encouraged me to track down my most viscous bully. He is 48, has been married to a single woman for years, kids, grandkids AND IS WORTH TENS OF MILLIONS! He was born into poverty. This sucks.

by Anonymousreply 51July 27, 2024 8:31 PM

R51 what did he do to you? Was he hot?

by Anonymousreply 52July 27, 2024 9:19 PM

I grew up in a small town in Colorado and there were 2 classes middle/upper class and poor. Since I was in the first, I had a little bullying but nothing like anything of today.

I did recently get a FB friend request from one. I wasn't accepting any from HS at the time and he ended up retracting the invite. I guess you can do that. I was dealing with a lot at that time and I just didn't want to deal with another issue so that is why I wasn't accepting anyone new.

Also, I graduated in 1980 so I have memory of only a few...surprising how some just didn't get out of that town and the best they had was in HS. I went to a 4 years university and have been living in LA for the last 35 years. Successful and high paying job and things do get better...you just have to get through the hard part.

by Anonymousreply 53July 27, 2024 9:25 PM

“my most viscous bully”

So he was thick and sticky?

by Anonymousreply 54July 28, 2024 12:02 AM

R54 give me a brake he was suppose to be fat, poor and closeted

by Anonymousreply 55July 28, 2024 10:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!