Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Assuming Trump loses in November

What then?

Run again in 2028?

Flee the country?

Try for a TV reality show?

I'm unconvinced he'll land in jail, for various reasons.

Waddle off into the sunset to cheat at golf and stuff fast food in his face-cunt?

What will he and his shit-sucking minions do?

by Anonymousreply 255August 16, 2024 3:14 PM

Full on dementia.

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2024 5:16 AM

LIke Rumpelstiltskin he will scream and cry and stomp his feet so far into the ground that he creates a chasm and falls into it, never to be seen again.

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2024 5:21 AM

Pretend he won and keep soaking his base for money.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2024 5:24 AM

I honestly think he will pass on by 2028, whether he wins in November or not. He will join my beloved dog Tillie.

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2024 5:24 AM

We throw salt on him so he shrivels-up and dies like the slug he is

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2024 5:25 AM

R4, your beloved dog Tillie is burning forever in hell?

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2024 5:30 AM

He will die and his dumb ass kids will be nothing. They can continue to steal from the dumbest of our kind. I don't care but I will never allow them to be in control of my country or my money. Thankfully there are many on my side. The side of justice and truth. Stay strong gays. We are almost there...

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2024 5:30 AM

I actually do feel a corner has been turned. I don't see Trump winning.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2024 5:31 AM

He's definitely running again. He's a fundraising machine and as such won't be able to resist all the easy money that flows his way in a presidential campaign. Yes, even from prison.

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2024 5:34 AM

Oh honey. Death happens. Big Macs are poison.

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2024 5:37 AM

Die in the grease fire in Mar-a-lago

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2024 5:40 AM

[quote]Run again in 2028?

No fucking way. He'll most likely be dead, or at the very least incapacitated. I have no doubt that 2024 will be Trump's last dump.

by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2024 5:42 AM

A solo Vacation in Alaska to lick his wounds after loosing but steps in a bear trap and dies alone. All this after suffering for three weeks in the Forrest with the wild coyotes and vultures waiting for him to die. They pick his putrid plump flesh and gorge on the maggots that emerge in copious successive hatches till only orange bones remain. Rodents arrive to naw those orange bones like a bag of Doritos.

by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2024 5:42 AM

If Trump loses this year, he will die in jail.

The Supreme Court won't save him. It should be noted that the less hard-line Republicans on the court were willing to go against him at his weakest, but sided with him this summer when Trump seemed to be the likely winner. A Trump vanquished at the polls in November and convicted of crimes is no longer of use to John Roberts or Kavanagh or even Barrett. They'll be glad to be rid of him so that the GOP can return to merely flirting with fascism while taking a hardline on tax cuts and corporate omnipotence.

by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2024 5:42 AM

He won’t admit any loss.

& the GOP will find someone even worse for 2028 - that’s been their steady trajectory since Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2024 5:45 AM

He’ll end up in exile in a State-provided villa in North Korea’s Songdowon Sea Bathing Resort, with a pied a terre in the Ryugyong Hotel in delightful downtown Pyongyang, busily avoiding all extradition orders while crazily tweeting about nasty women.

Korean fried chicken is delicious!

by Anonymousreply 16July 24, 2024 5:48 AM

In four years he'll be 82. Double diapers.

by Anonymousreply 17July 24, 2024 5:53 AM

The GOP will be done with him after November, but he'll run again regardless. Deplorables are addicted to him and will donate all their life savings to him after four years of Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 18July 24, 2024 6:00 AM

When it becomes obvious to him that Kamala will kick his ass, he will flee.

Probably to somewhere in ME. Pootz don’t want him, so he will need to go somewhere that does.

He will scream and rage about another “stollen” election and file lawsuits to get EVs thrown out so SCROTUS can declare him the “winner “. That was the plan the last time, but it didn’t work out so well.

They’ll run that same playbook again. This time, they will target multiple states that flipped blue to physically attack for the electors to cast their EVs in December.

This might fly where the governor is a thug (Virginia), but in other states, these thugs will be met with the National Guard.

by Anonymousreply 19July 24, 2024 6:22 AM

He'll flee to Maine?

by Anonymousreply 20July 24, 2024 6:24 AM

He’s not going to jail. He’ll appeal all his cases for the next 10 years and die playing golf at 90.

by Anonymousreply 21July 24, 2024 6:28 AM

r21 With a fucking smile on his face, too.

by Anonymousreply 22July 24, 2024 6:30 AM

I hope that his political enablers suffer for supporting an insane candidate.

by Anonymousreply 23July 24, 2024 6:46 AM

If Trump wins or if he loses in 2024, it will be the last campaign. After leaving office in 2029 or after defeat in 2024, I don't think he will return to business. He likes speaking, so my prediction is that he'll just become a professional speaker.

by Anonymousreply 24July 24, 2024 7:09 AM

Numerous court appearances in his pyjamas with a health care assistant (lawyer with stethoscope) at his side, but no jail. The Supreme Court already gave him one gift that should see to that or complicate the possibility of jail, and he can always use appeals to delay the issue (or return to his friends at the Supreme Court) until death. Sadly, he will never spend a day in a jail's Diaper Unit.

by Anonymousreply 25July 24, 2024 7:16 AM

Trump should hang it up right now. He won't win, his fans are less and not enough. People are sick of him. He's stupid, always has been and should never been allowed to be president. It's a gigantic embarrassment that he was.

by Anonymousreply 26July 24, 2024 7:26 AM

Run again in 28? Are you kidding. He'll either be in the depths of dementia by then, or more likely, dead. If he's not still in prison, that is. If Trump loses this election I predict he won't live a year.

by Anonymousreply 27July 24, 2024 8:53 AM

The best-case scenario is that the GOP dumps him, and he runs again in 2028 as an independent.

by Anonymousreply 28July 24, 2024 8:57 AM

^ I agree, the shame of losing yet again and the pressure of all his upcoming trials will put him in a tailspin that he'll never recover from

by Anonymousreply 29July 24, 2024 8:58 AM

If he's still alive and not in prison he'll likely be in a maximum security twilight home being hand fed his meals by a Jamaican woman

by Anonymousreply 30July 24, 2024 9:01 AM

He's in bad shape physically and mentally now at 78 and has fading stamina. In 2028, he would be 82-83 and most likely significantly impaired if not deceased.

by Anonymousreply 31July 24, 2024 9:22 AM

^ By 2028 the Republican Party will be a faded memory

by Anonymousreply 32July 24, 2024 9:30 AM

In many ways, it already is R32. It certainly looks nothing like the traditional GOP - more like the Dump Party.

by Anonymousreply 33July 24, 2024 9:53 AM

The past week has shown a key divide between the Democrats and the GOP.

The GOP knows (and has known for years) that they cannot drop Trump and still be viable in national elections. It would fracture the party.

On the other hand, the Democrats' nominee withdrew from the race and almost immediately support -- in the form of endorsements, volunteer commitments, and donations -- came pouring in. GOP leadership must be seething about the fact the Democrats are deeply unified, despite the "Should Biden stay or should he go?" debate within the party since the debate.

It's taken a while, but Trump really has destroyed the GOP from the inside, just as he destroys everything he touches.

by Anonymousreply 34July 24, 2024 10:15 AM

^ That whole Democrat division, decision and unification happened over a mere two week period. Democrats are like family, you fight, hash out your differences and move ahead. Republicans will burn it all to the ground over Trump

by Anonymousreply 35July 24, 2024 10:23 AM

R13

I really like what you’ve done here but the thought of Trump in nature doesn’t compute. Still, you have a good style and I hope you flesh out this idea…🤩

by Anonymousreply 36July 24, 2024 10:52 AM

Re: MAGA: If he loses, that trauma, four more winters of COVID, and death from bad habits/old age will decimate a great deal of his base. Racists and opportunists will always remain. But they are already outnumbered.

As for Diaper Donnie, I think he will try to stay out of jail and avoid having to plead guilty or go through the trials at the state level for election interference by attempting to cut a deal to return the top secret documents he still retains.

He'll be told that any deal he makes will include jail and a guilty plea. And that he will still have to stand trial per state. SCOTUS will pretend they don't know him.

He will go off the deep end when he realizes he's cornered. Then, he will barricade himself in either his airplane or his home with his private security force, the remaining documents, family, and akolytes.

He will "address the nation" via video from his chosen location and make threats towards others while ranting about how unfair life has been to him and bigging himself up as the best and the most loved.

Things will spiral from there, depending on if he is in his home (think: Waco compound vibes) or airplane (kamikaze).

It sounds crazy because he is crazy. He is chaos. He is demented and impulsive and gives zero shits about anyone else.

If he loses, it will end him. But his end will be a flaming bag of dog turds instead of a whimper. An old malignant narcissist like him won't go out quietly. He'll tear up and tear down as much as he can so he can get max entertainment and watch the highest number of people suffer, before he goes.

by Anonymousreply 37July 24, 2024 10:53 AM

[quote]He will go off the deep end when he realizes he's cornered. Then, he will barricade himself in either his airplane or his home with his private security force, the remaining documents, family, and akolytes.

I know this is a fantasy, and it's a rather juvenile fantasy to boot. Trump is not going to "barricade" himself anywhere or "kamikaze" his plane or "Waco" Maralago. He's going to live in luxury and stay on the margins of American political life until he dies. The best-case scenario is that he loses in November, because -- politically -- he'll never come back from that. I've said for years that he'll never see the inside of a jail cell.

by Anonymousreply 38July 24, 2024 11:04 AM

“I’m convinced”

I’d be curious what other political predictions the OP has made on DL over the past year?

by Anonymousreply 39July 24, 2024 11:15 AM

R39, I'd be curious to know if you can actually read, as what I said was "I'm unconvinced."

by Anonymousreply 40July 24, 2024 11:18 AM

^ Ooh, BURN! 😂

by Anonymousreply 41July 24, 2024 11:22 AM

R40

I can now :-)

by Anonymousreply 42July 24, 2024 11:23 AM

I think, and hope, it’s likely the SOB suffers a massive heart attack or stroke and topples over dead even before the election.

by Anonymousreply 43July 24, 2024 11:32 AM

[quote]If he loses, it will end him. But his end will be a flaming bag of dog turds instead of a whimper. An old malignant narcissist like him won't go out quietly. He'll tear up and tear down as much as he can so he can get max entertainment and watch the highest number of people suffer, before he goes.

100% agree R37 and very eloquently put.

by Anonymousreply 44July 24, 2024 11:44 AM

The fat fuck is going to flee. He will supposedly have business or a a golf tournament in Dubai or the Saudi and he will not return, living in captive faux-luxury until he dies. Far from U.S. legal system with all those Saudi millions Jared secured for the family at his disposal. And good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 45July 24, 2024 11:49 AM

I'm holding out for a stroke that sees him floundering about in a wheelchair. Lara behind him, pushing. Ivanka in Israel, Kimberly nowhere to be found, the boys both in jail. Shit blasting out Trump's asshole and spraying all over her clomping hooves. A smile stapled to her face. "Dam'n bas-tuds!" Trump croaks. "Wanna nother hamburder!!" Another shower of liquid shit. "I have shit feet," Lara thinks. "Shitty, shitty feet." A photog pops a pic for TMZ. "Hey, Lara, have a moment to tell us how life in the nursing home house arrest is going?" The smile remains fixed. More liquid shit. The soft sound of squelching in her shoes.

by Anonymousreply 46July 24, 2024 11:49 AM

Rally at the Four Seasons!

by Anonymousreply 47July 24, 2024 11:59 AM

I'm expecting a full-blown rant at Republicans: "[italic]You didn't do enough for me![/italic]"

by Anonymousreply 48July 24, 2024 12:04 PM

He’ll continue to scam people for money. Nothing will change.

by Anonymousreply 49July 24, 2024 12:09 PM

You silly fucks. I will decide who wins not you. Now fuck off

by Anonymousreply 50July 24, 2024 12:14 PM

Divorce, followed by Trump & Roger Stone admitting they’ve been lovers all along. They’ll get a cute little place in Wilton Manor. Maybe a couple of pugs. Happy hour every Sunday. Early bird dinners. It’ll be nice.

by Anonymousreply 51July 24, 2024 12:22 PM

Money is everything to him. No money, no Trump. I imagine he and Lara are secretly pilfering from the RNC. He never set-up housekeeping in Palm Beach so there is the real possibility of disappearing. Or faking his death.

His whole life has been crime. Rape, theft, tax dodging, tax fraud, other fraud, defaulting on loans, bribery attempts, stealing documents... He jokes about murder and Al Capone and Hannibal Lecter at his rallies.

by Anonymousreply 52July 24, 2024 12:44 PM

Trump's cognitive decline is worse than Biden's but everybody grades him on a severe curve. Trump ran for two reasons: As president he can close all the pending federal cases on him and stay out of prison, and he doesn't want to be seen as the 2020 loser.

However, between the pending criminal cases that will play out and his onset dementia, he will not even know his own name by 2028.

by Anonymousreply 53July 24, 2024 1:05 PM

[quote]However, between the pending criminal cases that will play out and his onset dementia, he will not even know his own name by 2028.

His 2028 rallies will mostly be just him playing out his fantasy dinner with his favourite actor of all time, dr. Hannibal Lecter.

by Anonymousreply 54July 24, 2024 1:32 PM

If he loses, he won’t get any younger, smarter or healthier in the next four years. His legal problems won’t just disappear. And if indeed he does have some form of dementia it won’t get any better. Add in that two time loser stank and he’s done. It’s now or never.

by Anonymousreply 55July 24, 2024 1:33 PM

The 'steep curve' has to with Trump's limited cognitive ability in the first place. He's going from bad to worse as a decline.

by Anonymousreply 56July 24, 2024 1:47 PM

TRUMP HIDES AND WONT DEBATE WHAT IS HE AFRAID OF ?

That would be a national ad I’d be working on right now

by Anonymousreply 57July 24, 2024 1:57 PM

I think he will debate. He'll enjoy tearing into her about The Border along with other Dem "failures". Moreover, they're confident she'll be seen as some combination of ditzy and a harpy. [Bold]SURPRISE![/bold].

by Anonymousreply 58July 24, 2024 2:02 PM

R57 check with Don he says he won’t debate her.

by Anonymousreply 59July 24, 2024 2:48 PM

He has said he intends to debate her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 24, 2024 3:25 PM

He seems hysterical and terrified. They've probably wasted millions on now useless campaign materials. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 61July 24, 2024 3:31 PM

He'll sue the Democrats to get that money back!

Problem solved!

by Anonymousreply 62July 24, 2024 3:39 PM

He won’t go away. If he loses we’ll have Coup 2.0

by Anonymousreply 63July 24, 2024 3:40 PM

^ He already said he was going to do that... and we laughed and laughed... *sigh*

by Anonymousreply 64July 24, 2024 3:51 PM

This election is his last stand as a political force. If he loses, it's over. The GOP will finally realize it can't continue with him as its focus and move on. The Supreme Court won't throw him any more lifelines. He won't go to prison because a former president being put in prison is bad optics for a nation like the United States, so he will be confined to Mar-a-Lago.

He will claim the election was stolen (again), and that he'll run again in 2028; his zombie followers will believe it and continue to give him money. But they will begin to dwindle as they finally stop gaslighting themselves and realize 2016 was an outlier and the glory days of 2017-2021 will never return.

His dementia will rapidly accelerate as the reality of losing again sinks in. The online shitposting will get even more bizarre and incoherent (if that's possible).

By 2028, if he hasn't already died, he'll barely function mentally.

by Anonymousreply 65July 24, 2024 4:11 PM

If Kamala and her AG pick do their jobs, Trump will be in jail!

by Anonymousreply 66July 24, 2024 4:46 PM

Within six months scum trump will be wandering around Mara Lardo with half his hair missing, what's left will be dyed bright orange and floating around his head in wispy tufts, crusty pink scalp clearly visible.

He'll be shirtless; white plump, pasty moobs on full display. Voluminous, stained, white pantaloons covering man diapers filled to the brim while he shouts aggrieved insults on all who draw near.

He'll be waving a cane that he uses to keep from toppling forward. Melania, kids, will all be missing and the only ones left will be paid staff and Lindsay Graham, who rents a room in the place while he shares the caregivers. Lindsay and trump will argue viciously all day.

by Anonymousreply 67July 24, 2024 5:05 PM

^I'd like to watch that reboot of The Odd Couple.

by Anonymousreply 68July 24, 2024 5:07 PM

No r65. If American citizens don’t see him held accountable, their faith in government will continue to disintegrate. The People need to clearly see that there is a single system of justice, not one for the rich and one for the rest of us. He MUST be held accountable if Dems want our fullest support.

by Anonymousreply 69July 24, 2024 6:04 PM

R69 does not speak for DL or Dems but for all Americans.

Personally if trump is defeated I don’t give a fuck what happens to him.

I’d be happy if he was free, ignored, and poor. The emphasis on poor and ignored. I think Americans would like to put this shit behind them and move on.

I realize I don’t speak for the progressives.

by Anonymousreply 70July 24, 2024 6:13 PM

Demented or in jail, he will run again in 2028 unless he dies. And the GQP will fall in line yet again.

by Anonymousreply 71July 24, 2024 6:19 PM

[quote] [R69] does not speak for DL or Dems but for all Americans.

The polls show that tens of millions apparently don’t agree, so unless you can successfully wish them into the cornfield, r69 does not speak for all Americans.

by Anonymousreply 72July 24, 2024 6:36 PM

We have a country of well over 330 million people . 10s of millions ain’t shit.

But I’d love to see the polls not that I doubt you.

by Anonymousreply 73July 24, 2024 7:35 PM

OK never mind I looked it up myself. Less than half the country wants to see Trump in prison.

And bitches 48% is in fact less than half.

by Anonymousreply 74July 24, 2024 7:38 PM

I don't think he'll make it to 2028.

by Anonymousreply 75July 24, 2024 8:06 PM

I hate to break it to you R65 but no one goes to jail for the things he did. They get big fines. White-collar crime among the rich is rampant. The only person who seemed to do any time was Bernie Madoff.

by Anonymousreply 76July 24, 2024 8:13 PM

Voting for Kamala Harris could support policies that affirm and protect the rights of transgender individuals, including toddlers who are exploring their gender identity. Harris has consistently advocated for LGBTQ+ rights and inclusion, emphasizing the need for comprehensive healthcare and supportive environments for transgender people. Her support for such policies aligns with efforts to provide resources, counseling, and protections for young children undergoing gender transition, ensuring their well-being and affirming their identities from an early age.

by Anonymousreply 77July 24, 2024 8:14 PM

R77 is a bot. Also posted the exact same drivel in another thread. You know what to do. DL. FF to hell.

by Anonymousreply 78July 24, 2024 8:18 PM

The biggest mistake ever made regarding justice in the US is when Ford pardoned Trump under the bullshit guise that it was done in order to heal and unite the country. I strongly believe one of the conditions Nixon gave for resigning in 1974 was that Ford would quickly pardon him for any crimes. That allowed for lawlessness and criminality by subsequent presidents such as Reagan and the Iran Contra scandal, Bush 2 and the bogus WMDs to initiate the Iraq War, Trump and his multiple criminal acts. I was only 13 when Nixon was pardoned and even at that age I saw that act as a terrible decision for a democracy. Also, notice how all the criminal acts were all done by Republicans. The last Republican president I have any respect for was Eisenhower, who was very troubled by the undue influence in government by the MIC, and voiced his opinion in his last speech as president. That man was a patriot, not the shit-stain Republican presidents that followed.

by Anonymousreply 79July 24, 2024 8:24 PM

R77 which is a good reason to vote against her. Toddlers do not explore their gender. Don't you realize this is gay conversion therapy? It is also mutilating kids.

by Anonymousreply 80July 24, 2024 8:27 PM

R80 you fucking transphobic pos. What kind of sick person wouldn’t allow a child to be themselves? You’re disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 81July 24, 2024 8:29 PM

If Trump loses (and I think that is a huge "if" right now), he won't run again. There is no way his party would support someone who has lost twice.

by Anonymousreply 82July 24, 2024 8:30 PM

I’ll vote for Kamala to make sure every child can transition as soon as possible. We need more Kim Petras types in this world!

by Anonymousreply 83July 24, 2024 8:30 PM

[quote]He won’t go away. If he loses we’ll have Coup 2.0

He was still president on January 6, 2021. If he loses, he'll have no power at all. That will make a yuge difference.

by Anonymousreply 84July 24, 2024 8:30 PM

I agree with R80. The radical trans/gender ideology that the Left is blindly supporting, wholesale, is tantamount to gay erasure and it makes very little sense.

by Anonymousreply 85July 24, 2024 8:32 PM

"you fucking homophobic pos. What kind of sick person wouldn’t allow a child to be themselves? You’re disgusting!"

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 86July 24, 2024 8:37 PM

Jesus christ, can the trans-obsessed poster(s) GIVE IT A REST???

by Anonymousreply 87July 24, 2024 8:37 PM

R86 try again

by Anonymousreply 88July 24, 2024 8:38 PM

I'm hoping for mass suicides by his traumatized followers after he loses and is brutally humiliated.

by Anonymousreply 89July 24, 2024 9:20 PM

I'd settle for their being demoralized/disgusted enough to not being motivated to show up for a while.

by Anonymousreply 90July 24, 2024 9:27 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if there's even the whiff of a possibility he goes to jail that he jets off to the Middle East or Russia to "oversee a project" and just never comes back.

by Anonymousreply 91July 24, 2024 9:31 PM

I see a lot of shat pants in his future.

by Anonymousreply 92July 24, 2024 9:33 PM

The Republicans will never again get this kind of enthusiasm from the hillbillies, Haters, Angry Old White Men, rednecks, Neo-Nazis, Xtians, homophobes... Trump is their last stand. After that the Deplorables will just sit it out, per usual.

by Anonymousreply 93July 24, 2024 10:06 PM

Interesting, R91. Many people feel he'll "escape" to Russia, but one of those internet psychics insisted they saw him dying in the middle east.

by Anonymousreply 94July 24, 2024 10:08 PM

In my experience, toddlers have only a shaky idea about gender. A trans toddler would be a very rare thing indeed.

I wish people would lay off children and teens' sexuality, support them when they question it, and tell busy body friends and neighbors to fuck off if they intrude. People should let children develop on their own terms. I don't think I know a family who doesn't have a gay or trans kid in it. That or schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, drug addiction, or a host of other things that can be very hard on a family. What we need is more support for families in crisis, not judgement and government intrusion.

by Anonymousreply 95July 24, 2024 10:19 PM

You are obviously not a parent. You can't just let kids do what they want. Kids need boundaries and rules.

by Anonymousreply 96July 24, 2024 11:24 PM

Yes, kids do need parenting and boundaries. Some children question their sexual gender identity from an early age, and others come to that realization some time after puberty. Either way, gender reassignment is fine so ling as there is no definitive change made such as hormone or surgery until at minimum 16, or preferably 18. Too many have had a change of heart of how they view themselves a few years later, so the longer they make such a change, the less the odds they made the wrong decision.

by Anonymousreply 97July 24, 2024 11:34 PM

This is turning into a Punch and Judy show with all these sock puppets.

by Anonymousreply 98July 24, 2024 11:43 PM

Death

by Anonymousreply 99July 24, 2024 11:45 PM

Remember, should Trump win in 2024, he will not be retiring in 2029. He will hold on to the presidency until his death. Should Trump lose in 2024, he will again claim election fraud and never concede.

Even during the 2016 election race, he said several times that he will concede if the election was fair. Had Hillary won in 2016, he would have never conceded. Many don't remember today but Trump had even claimed that the Ted Cruz primary win in Iowa was due to fraud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 24, 2024 11:56 PM

"others come to that realization some time after puberty." Body dysmorphia that is associated with being trans starts very early and is VERY rare. Something like 0.8% of the population is truly trans. When it occurs after or during puberty, it's likely related to something other than being transexual such as a girl who is a tomboy starts growing breasts and getting attention from boys because of it. It's a normal part of being a teenager going through puberty. Teenagers have no idea who they are until they are much older which is why so many experiment with different hair styles, colors, etc. Allowing a teenager to start some transition process because they don't want the changes that are natural to their bodies is dangerous and has far reaching ramifications that they cannot grasp. Hell, most adults cannot grasp the dangers of what this does to their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 101July 25, 2024 2:39 AM

He will be a pimp for streetwalkers.

He has a big stable- Melanoma; Kim Guilfoyle; Ivanka; Boebert; the Senatrice….

by Anonymousreply 102July 25, 2024 2:43 AM

R100 he may not have conceded but he still had to move out of the WH and the next administration just came in and took over. The same thing will happen in 4 years if he wins. He can flap his gums all he wants but It will be the end of his second term. He will leave just like that last time.

by Anonymousreply 103July 25, 2024 2:43 AM

R103 You seem top have an idealized perception of our democracy. Trump failed the first time because the guardrails of government were still in place. This time they have already placed Trumpsters in key roles like the secretary of various key states and governors who will side with whatever fraudulent claims and electors Trump wants. And he will have a VP will will not certify the elector college votes (which was a bridge too far for Mike Pence) and kick it back down to the states, an illegal move since he does not have the legal authority to do so, but it will cause a constitutional crisis, which the Supreme Court will rule in Trump's favor.

by Anonymousreply 104July 25, 2024 11:37 AM

[quote]This time they have already placed Trumpsters in key roles like the secretary of various key states and governors who will side with whatever fraudulent claims and electors Trump wants. And he will have a VP will will not certify the elector college votes (which was a bridge too far for Mike Pence)

Huh? The last time I checked, Harris is the VP.

by Anonymousreply 105July 25, 2024 11:39 AM

I was referring to the 2028 election. Vance will not do what Pence did. Or what Gore did.

by Anonymousreply 106July 25, 2024 12:50 PM

[quote] If Trump loses this election I predict he won't live a year.

Wouldn't it be delicious if Biden outlives him by several years, living the quiet life in Delaware and being cheered to the rafters every time he makes a cameo appearance as the Dems' elder statesman?

by Anonymousreply 107July 25, 2024 3:40 PM

[quote]And he will have a VP will will not certify the elector college votes

Happily, if he loses this year the VP who will have to certify the EC votes will be Kamala Harris. And as she will be Commander in Chief the minute she's done it, I would think security would be a lot more professional than it was last time at the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 108July 25, 2024 3:45 PM

[quote] Wouldn't it be delicious if Biden outlives him by several years, living the quiet life in Delaware and being cheered to the rafters every time he makes a cameo appearance as the Dems' elder statesman?

I find it hard to believe that Biden’s family would subject Biden to that. It should be like what Nancy did with Reagan, keeping him out of sight.

by Anonymousreply 109July 25, 2024 4:01 PM

[quote] Happily, if he loses this year the VP who will have to certify the EC votes will be Kamala Harris. And as she will be Commander in Chief the minute she's done it

We need civics taught in schools.

by Anonymousreply 110July 25, 2024 4:03 PM

It's interesting that there is little in this thread about "the election was rigged, we won..!!" even as they lose. I can see of no scenario where Trump and MAGA simple accept a loss. So the question is, what kind of upheaval/violence will happen when Trump loses? His legal jeopardy is such that he absolutely will not accept a loss... and the "fight like hell" call to arms in 2024 will be much earlier and more broad-based than 2020.

There is so much fucking drama in store for us. In January the VP will certify the electors from the election. Harris standing in Congress validating the election. MAGA will be more aggrieved than ever. Not simply as a prophylactic against violence (not allowing threats to determine everything), I do think a Harris administration might "plea deal" with Trump...make him step away.

Which, of course, even if agreed to, he wouldn't. I foresee him either taking over Fox or (more likely) amp up his Truth Social to an all pervasive network of products, content, sources of $$. He'll want to be the center of attention and make a lot of money. The new Rush Limbaugh, etc.

by Anonymousreply 111July 25, 2024 4:25 PM

he will never fully disappear until he dies and goes to hell

by Anonymousreply 112July 25, 2024 4:26 PM

[quote] he will never fully disappear until he dies and goes to hell

We don't want him down here.

by Anonymousreply 113July 25, 2024 4:29 PM

He's fat and has a horrible diet. I can't imagine he'll live until the next election.

by Anonymousreply 114July 25, 2024 4:30 PM

Narcissists cannot accept a loss. He'll go on ranting, but almost no one will be paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 115July 25, 2024 4:46 PM

I think he will win in 2024. So that won't be a problem. He will pardon himself and by 2028 he will probably be close to death.

by Anonymousreply 116July 25, 2024 4:48 PM

[quote]I think he will win in 2024.

How do you figure that? The biggest issue from the Democrats was lack of voter enthusiasm for Biden, and that's been resolved.

by Anonymousreply 117July 25, 2024 5:22 PM

No, the problem is she is still going to be Biden 2.0 and people are sick of the inflation, identity politics, and the border problems. The swing states won't vote for her. She is not doing well in those states.

by Anonymousreply 118July 25, 2024 5:42 PM

Those are concerns for her, R118. However, I think there'll be enough votes to carry her through.

by Anonymousreply 119July 25, 2024 6:09 PM

[quote]R18: The GOP will be done with him after November, but he'll run again regardless.

Unlikely. They really can't think for themselves. They'll only be done with him when Putin is done with him, and once that happens (likely once he loses this year), Trump won't have long to live. He will have become a loose end which needs tying up, either from the topmost windows at Mar-a-Lago, or from polonium in a Diet Coke.

But in the short term, if he loses this November, he'll screech that the election was stolen, and his red hats will attempt various permutations of January 6th 2.0. And once Trump is gone, Republicans will become a low level menace in every position or office they hold, like a bunch of Irwin Allen villains (think Dr Smith, Fitzhugh, or Dr Michaels in 'Fantastic Voyage') looking to sabotage democracy.

by Anonymousreply 120July 25, 2024 6:25 PM

He’s not going to lose.

by Anonymousreply 121July 25, 2024 8:25 PM

R121 Yes he is. He's going to be a gigantic loser.

by Anonymousreply 122July 25, 2024 8:52 PM

Grifter Trump and his family know the only way for him to overcome his financial and legal troubles is to be reelected president.

by Anonymousreply 123July 25, 2024 9:15 PM

He will have to pay a fine. It has already been said he won't go to jail. Most people who commit white-collar crimes don't go to jail. They pay fines. White-collar crime is rampant among the rich. Half the country thinks his crimes are politically motivated.

by Anonymousreply 124July 25, 2024 11:38 PM

After the votes are counted and certified in January... Biden will still be the President for a few weeks, and he has absolute immunity per the Supreme Court...so he should just order the Army to assassinate Trump.

by Anonymousreply 125July 25, 2024 11:49 PM

Kamala will humiliate him. Kamala/White Guy VP will expose and ensure that everyone knows about the pathetic ideas of Project 25. But the biggest issue is that women are not going back to losing their right to have a safe abortion. Kamala will drive the wooden stake into the heart of Trump. We are approaching an inflection/turning point in our country's history. Prepare for scary times. Next year Trump will be putting and chipping at Mar a Lago while wearing his ankle monitor.

by Anonymousreply 126July 26, 2024 12:08 AM

Just get drunk Defuckto @R121. You know you want to.

by Anonymousreply 127July 26, 2024 1:21 AM

[quote]He’s not going to lose.

Keep telling yourself that, Dee.

by Anonymousreply 128July 26, 2024 1:22 AM

Wow, you are really gulping that Kool-Aid down. She cannot do anything about abortion because it is a states rights issue now and she doesn't have the votes to make it legal. She is using it as a carrot like they always do. Project 25 is a bunch of propaganda. It is a conservative wish list that the right has been threatening since the 50s. They are like the John Birch Society. They can't get all that done.

by Anonymousreply 129July 26, 2024 1:23 AM

R126 Actually many white collar criminal do go to jail if there are numerous fraud convictions. And thirty-four is quite a hefty number of felony convictions. But Trump will never see the inside of a jail, he probably will get a fine and some bogus house arrest conditions, but still allowing him to campaign.

by Anonymousreply 130July 26, 2024 1:29 AM

[quote]And thirty-four is quite a hefty number of felony convictions.

It was one crime that the prosecution split into 34 separate counts, counting each check written as a separate crime, for example.

by Anonymousreply 131July 26, 2024 1:36 AM

He'll be lucky to be alive yet by the end of this year given his physical health and there's no fucking way he will live to 2028 with his dementia at it's current state, no matter how much people want to think his health managers have some kind of magic wand.

Dementia increases as a curve, not a straight line.

by Anonymousreply 132July 26, 2024 1:37 AM

My job covers investigating financial crimes. When we file our suspicious activity report to the federal government, we have to list the different categories of financial crimes and detail each instance , and maintain supporting documentation. Typically when the DOB or other federal agencies decide to charge , that is when they decide which crimes they are going to prosecute and typically they list each violation as separate counts, but it also depends on the type of crimes they are.

by Anonymousreply 133July 26, 2024 1:42 AM

Trump doesn't seem like he has dementia. He seems personality-disordered and getting old. Trump has always had diarrhea of the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 134July 26, 2024 1:43 AM

R129, keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Or the possibility of being monitored by the feds when traveling to a blue state for reproductive healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 135July 26, 2024 1:55 AM

[quote]They can't get all that done.

They don't expect to. But they're going to push to get a lot of it done, and that alone is reason enough to take them seriously.

by Anonymousreply 136July 26, 2024 2:00 AM

They are not going to get any of it done because they don't have the power to do it Some far left-wing women during Trump's last presidency wrote a book stating he was going to do this. It is far left-wing propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 137July 26, 2024 2:16 AM

R137 Please restate that... it's a wee bit incoherent.

Germany, 1932 "... oh the Nazis will never actually get any of Mein Kampf done..."

by Anonymousreply 138July 26, 2024 2:20 AM

How does one teach an ignorant person the huge, monumental differences between the U.S. in 2024 and the Weimar Republic in 1932 and between the two constitutional structures? I don't feel like it, but anyone else feel free.

by Anonymousreply 139July 26, 2024 2:24 AM

There video of Vance saying women need to be physically blocked from being able to travel from red states to blue states for health care, R135.

Like they aren't human. As if they shouldn't be allowed to make the choice on their own. Because JD "Couch fucker" says so, half the population isn't allowed to cross state lines.

But this is "freedom"? And, these choades wont come after LGBTQ? GTFOOH with that shit. That is some fascist bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 140July 26, 2024 2:28 AM

Yes, Germany was in an uber-Depression in 1932 and the US currently has an economy that is the envy of the entire world. But the difference here is social media and right wing media spreading lies and nonsense. Its very easy to manipulate people into voting against their own best interests. Millions of Americans think the 1/6 insurrection was fake news or no big deal. And of course we also have 6 people on the Supreme Court that basically said anything Trump does is not illegal and will continue to do his bidding.

by Anonymousreply 141July 26, 2024 2:31 AM

Vance is basically a fascist. He's a strange, disturbed man.

by Anonymousreply 142July 26, 2024 2:31 AM

^ Vance is whatever a billionaire benefactor tells him to be. He'd only commit to fascism if Peter Thiel told him he was hillbilly Mussolini reincarnated

by Anonymousreply 143July 26, 2024 2:56 AM

Here you go R138. Does the US have the right to travel freely? “The right of a citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, by horse-drawn carriage, wagon, or automobile, is not a mere privilege which may be permitted or prohibited at will, but a common right which he has under his right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

by Anonymousreply 144July 26, 2024 3:25 AM

^^In other words it's not going to happen no matter what that fool Vance says. He obviously couldn't pass a citizenship test and neither can most of the US.

by Anonymousreply 145July 26, 2024 3:27 AM

I hope he face-plants in his breakfast burger.

by Anonymousreply 146July 26, 2024 5:56 AM

R139 The social media smack talk against anything or anyone that contradicts one's beliefs, goals, and advantages. "Ignorant person!" and then "constitutional structures" (oh, such interesting technical terms).

Nah kid... historians and experts with perspectives far more informed than any of us shit-posters on social media have outlined the similarities (Weimar and MAGA-Era USA) of the fascist challenges to the judiciary, administrative norms, and social comity. Google Weimar and USA and (with a clear-minded understanding of the source of the information) you too can track the parallels. Some of those who developed Project 25 actually talk about establishing a "united Reich".... to deny this is part of the strategic disinformation.

by Anonymousreply 147July 26, 2024 2:15 PM

Assume at your own risk.

by Anonymousreply 148July 26, 2024 2:30 PM

Reverse Mortage Commercials

by Anonymousreply 149July 26, 2024 2:37 PM

Moving to El Salvador and starting his own cryptocurrency grift.

by Anonymousreply 150July 26, 2024 2:39 PM

Could he be the next face of Colonial Penn?

by Anonymousreply 151July 26, 2024 8:35 PM

Donald Trump for Depends.

by Anonymousreply 152July 26, 2024 8:55 PM

Will they really choose him as candidate again if (fingers crossed) he loses twice in a row?

by Anonymousreply 153July 26, 2024 10:02 PM

He will never leave the U.S. Putin would have him thrown out a window or put poison in his Big Mac. .

He’ll go back to to Mar-o-lardass, keep running his mouth nonstop, get blowjobs from maga women, eat cheese omelettes and try for coup part 2.

We will never get rid of this fucker until he croaks

by Anonymousreply 154July 26, 2024 10:09 PM

[quote]Will they really choose him as candidate again if (fingers crossed) he loses twice in a row?

Anyone who thinks he'll be the nominee in 2028 at 82 years old -- when he's at death's door -- and after losing consecutive elections is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 155July 26, 2024 10:14 PM

[quote]Anyone who thinks he'll be the nominee in 2028 at 82 years old -- when he's at death's door -- and after losing consecutive elections is delusional.

We Love Our Dump!! ❤️

by Anonymousreply 156July 26, 2024 10:19 PM

[quote]But the biggest issue is that women are not going back to losing their right to have a safe abortion.

Not to mention the threats to other reproductive rights in Project 2025 and talked of by some of the States. Whoever decided to adapt The Handmaid's Tale for TV when they did, may have done the US a huge favour, by giving women a point of reference for how easy it would be to roll back their rights as far as an autocracy wanted.

One of the interesting parallels between Weimar and USA now is that the forces of the ultra-Right were/are both kicking back against the results of earlier wars. It's just that Germany's was recent (1918), whereas in the US it's the result of the Civil War that's still bugging a lot of MAGAts (hence their desire for women to live in 1864).

by Anonymousreply 157July 27, 2024 1:51 PM

R157 Yep, in centuries to come (assuming the human race isn't extinguished by climate change or the AI overlords) historians will limn that the Confederacy resurged to take power in 2016 (and we'll see what happens in 2024). I read an analysis of the MAGA phenomenon a few years ago which described the great shift in American politics as "most of rural America - north, mid-west, west - has become The South."

by Anonymousreply 158July 27, 2024 3:23 PM

I think he dies shortly after he loses in November, within the next few years. Won’t have anything to live for.

by Anonymousreply 159July 27, 2024 4:10 PM

Fun fact:

In 2016 white women voters cast their vote for Donald Trump 51%

In 2020 white women voters cast their vote for Donald Trump 53%

So, after 4 years of Trump in the White House and his horrendous leadership during the first year of the pandemic, more white women believed Trump deserved another 4 years as president.

Make of that statistic as you may.

by Anonymousreply 160July 27, 2024 4:16 PM

I don't think he's still going to be around in 2028.

by Anonymousreply 161July 27, 2024 4:17 PM

Yeah, R160, but, at that time, they didn't know that the mistakes their little trailer park harlots make wouldn't be so easily "corrected" in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 162July 27, 2024 4:27 PM

R160 I think an underexplored story of this year's election is how much 1) the death of Roe and 2) the Trump who tried to deny the 2020 election, and encourage an attack of the Capitol (and now calls them patriots and will pardon them) will garner more or less support from demographic factions. It seems to me (and the polls are still not clear on this) that white women/suburban women are weary of the Orange Vengeance Performance Artist.

It's just so exhausting and old, fomented by a man almost 80... time to move on, even from the Free Will Baptist white Suburban shop-owning woman in Racine.

by Anonymousreply 163July 27, 2024 4:40 PM

[quote]It's just so exhausting and old, fomented by a man almost 80... time to move on, even from the Free Will Baptist white Suburban shop-owning woman in Racine.

Trump has been in our faces and a constant presence in our lives for a whole decade now. Spouting the same old shit over and over. The same shit he's been babbling on about today is the same shit he's been babbling on about for years now. People are fucking sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 164July 27, 2024 5:01 PM

White women are stupid and entitled. Most if think that being married “protects” them from these draconian laws.

Hopefully, hearing from those white women in Texas who nearly died from septic pregnancies will wake some of them the fuck up.

As I have said before, one of my white girlfriends considers herself a “republican”. She had an abortion back in the late 70s when she was married due to medical complications. She’s now quite scared that the thugs will come for her because of it since they’re wanting access to women’s medical histories in Ohio.

I tried to tell her that voting repug is what got her into this dilemma, but the cognitive dissonance is really doing a number on her. Even pointing out that it’s the GOP legislature and governor doing this brings on confusion and denial. “Why would they do this to ME when I voted for them?” is her confused question.

by Anonymousreply 165July 27, 2024 5:03 PM

[quote] “Why would they do this to ME when I voted for them?” is her confused question.

I blame our getting in the way of Darwinism. Many, many years ago, stupid people like that would have been mauled by wild animals, got lost somewhere and die of starvation, step on a rusty nail and die of sepsis, any number of ways your stupidity would make sure you don't overburden the resources on this planet for too long. Now, they live well into the adulthood, vote in the elections and force the rest of us to live with the consequences of their stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 166July 27, 2024 5:10 PM

His brand is shit. Ditto for Melania and Ivanka. He'll have to make money shopping around the secret files he's hiding. Not the ones found, those were the red herrings. The one's he has deeply hidden.

by Anonymousreply 167July 27, 2024 5:40 PM

R167 There is a massive binder of top secret files that was never recovered. That is also a key part of the case against him, that it is still missing.

by Anonymousreply 168July 27, 2024 5:49 PM

A whole decade?? R164 He has been in our faces as a tabloid figure since the early 80s. He has done everything in his power to stay in the news since he was in his 20s including making fake magazine covers and calling up the news trying to claim he was someone else to say how great Trump is. Every building he can lease, he puts his name in huge letters so you can't miss it from miles away. He is a clown, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 169July 27, 2024 5:58 PM

I meant his political career r169

by Anonymousreply 170July 27, 2024 6:02 PM

[quote] The ones he has deeply hidden.

Time to dig up Ivana's grave.

by Anonymousreply 171July 27, 2024 8:43 PM

[quote]Time to dig up Ivana's grave.

Be careful of errant golf balls.

by Anonymousreply 172July 27, 2024 9:35 PM

I'm alright.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 27, 2024 10:07 PM

She was never his First Lady

But she was always his Eighteenth Hole.

by Anonymousreply 174July 27, 2024 10:58 PM

My friend lives in The Netherlands and a few weeks ago he told me that he was seeing so much of Trump in the press there that he forgot that Biden was president. He said 'Mr Biden has had Trump over his shoulder all the time, like a shadow following him, has any other president had to compete with images of the last one meeting with world leaders and senators at his private residence?' It was a great point and I conceded that we have had a President and shadow President. Trump never went away and of course the media indulged him. I'm sure a study would show that he received more headlines than Biden or Harris. If he loses I pray to every god invented that he goes away if not by choise then because the media stops giving him coverage.

by Anonymousreply 175July 27, 2024 11:05 PM

Republicans will go - it's time to move on - forget all the crimes, forget the national security violations, forget the Project 2025, we want to move FORWARD, unlike the Dems who want to live in the PAST.

Seriously - we have their number - we have to cut them off at the legs moving forward. I'm tired of over 20 years of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 176July 27, 2024 11:14 PM

r175 what you wrote is so true. Trump has been in the news 24/7 all throughout Biden's presidency. He'll be in the news until he dies. We're never going to get rid of him until that happens.

by Anonymousreply 177July 27, 2024 11:17 PM

And when Trump finally croaks....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178July 28, 2024 12:59 AM

I've been thinking about Trump's Presidential Library... it's gotta be in Florida right? It'll have a McDonald's inside and a Trump Sneakers store.

by Anonymousreply 179July 28, 2024 1:10 AM

^^ and no books!

by Anonymousreply 180July 28, 2024 1:13 AM

But it'll have all the issues of Playboy and Penthouse which featured Melanija.

by Anonymousreply 181July 28, 2024 1:20 AM

And the interactive exhibit where a Trump hologram grabs your pussy!

by Anonymousreply 182July 28, 2024 1:20 AM

Plus a few of the secret files still not recovered....with pee stains.

by Anonymousreply 183July 28, 2024 1:22 AM

...and an odor of senior poo blown out of the vents in selected rooms.

by Anonymousreply 184July 28, 2024 1:24 AM

And a copy of that "person, woman, man, camera, TV" cognitive test.

by Anonymousreply 185July 28, 2024 1:28 AM

So, in a normal world, Trump losing mean him going to jail and being abandoned by his party, SCOTUS, etc. because he's a loser and his usefulness is over. However, we live in a world where Trump is the luckiest man to have ever existed and has never faced consequences fot anything he's ever done, big or small. So, he'll probably get a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 186July 28, 2024 1:31 AM

Ear Kotex sold in the Trump Presidential Library Gift Shop for only $29.95.

by Anonymousreply 187July 28, 2024 3:29 AM

Only on some fringe right wing channel, like Real America's Voice channel or whatever the fuck it's called.

by Anonymousreply 188July 28, 2024 3:31 AM

R186 You need to time stamp this thread and your reply. It deeply disturbs me to believe you are absolutely correct.

by Anonymousreply 189July 28, 2024 5:36 AM

Speaking of TV shows, R186 is that Trump is a reality star. He is an entertainer and people think it is all a show with him. I think that is how his fans see him. If he hadn't had that show, people would not have known who he was and would not have voted for him. He ran for president a couple of times before The Apprentice and most people didn't know who he was. He didn't get any votes. Hollywood and politics have become blurred.

by Anonymousreply 190July 28, 2024 6:48 AM

r186 Trump is NEVER going to jail.

However, the GOP will dump him after November.

by Anonymousreply 191July 28, 2024 9:09 AM

[quote]I've been thinking about Trump's Presidential Library... it's gotta be in Florida right? It'll have a McDonald's inside and a Trump Sneakers store.

It will be in a gold plated toilet stall in a bathroom in Mar-a-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 192July 28, 2024 2:03 PM

I believe there's a sentiment among Dems in DC to cut off funding/benefits for Presidents who are convicted felons? If so, he'd have to do a library privately.

by Anonymousreply 193July 28, 2024 2:31 PM

The republicans will either succeed in a fake elector scheme again, refuse to certify the election and install Trump anyway - or various reactionary militias will send us into near civil war, something like the Irish troubles. I think there is a zero chance we make it out of this election without failing as a state. This is the end no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 194July 28, 2024 3:12 PM

I can't help, on some level, the quietism of posts like r194 is intended to suppress Dem turnout.

by Anonymousreply 195July 28, 2024 3:14 PM

^^^

by Anonymousreply 196July 28, 2024 3:15 PM

[quote]or various reactionary militias will send us into near civil war, something like the Irish troubles.

My friends and I have been talking about this lately. If Kamala wins we all know the MAGAts are going to lose their fucking minds. Civil unrest is a real possibility.

by Anonymousreply 197July 28, 2024 3:16 PM

R195 Datalounge isn't relevant enough for psyops, this is just my opinion. I'm still going to support the Harris campaign enthusiastically and hope for the best but deep down I'd bet that we're heading toward utter chaos no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 198July 28, 2024 3:21 PM

After Jan 6th things died down and we didn't have civil unrest after it was established that Biden won and Trump had to accept it. I don't think it will be different this time. all the rioters on Jan 6 got in trouble and I don't think they are willing to go to jail again. Many of them had to plead guilty to get reduced sentences. One of them was asked why he pled guilty when he didn't believe he was guilty and he said "He wasn't going to spend 24 years in jail." Pleading guilty got him a few months.

by Anonymousreply 199July 28, 2024 3:24 PM

R199 You may be right, the best case scenario in my mind is that the MAGA movement is really a boomer movement and that the radicalization of young men is overstated. I think when Trump loses this time, he'll directly call for violence and demand a coup or declare himself the official commander of the military, or something insane that sets things off.

by Anonymousreply 200July 28, 2024 3:33 PM

R200 I don't know... all the "militia" types seem Millenials or Gen X. The four guys that threatened to kidnap Whitmer were 30s. I think they're the demographic who is ready for violent revolt.

But this summer I've come to the realization that maybe our institutions are strong enough not only to survive this weird moment in American history. Project 2025 is a blueprint for fascism, and I think the instinct of the great majority of Americans is to resist, challenge, and defeat fascism.... through the rule of law. I think this surge of enthusiasm for Harris is indicative of the will of the Republic.

Liberty not tyranny.

by Anonymousreply 201July 28, 2024 3:40 PM

Many (if not most) of the men at the Jan. 6 shitshow looked to be in their 30s and 40s, so Millennials and Gen X.

by Anonymousreply 202July 28, 2024 3:41 PM

We're fortunate that Trump is such an old man because history has shown us that cult of personality movements tend to die when their leader dies.

I doubt he's going to make it to 2028.

by Anonymousreply 203July 28, 2024 3:42 PM

It may be that after Trump dies or loses in the next election(let's hope) I think the party will go back to being the party of business and will try to distance themselves from the fringe who loved Trump because he was a reality star. Maybe they will go back and pick Rinos that are not religious nutcases plus they lost so much popularity over abortion.

by Anonymousreply 204July 28, 2024 3:55 PM

[quote]I doubt he's going to make it to 2028.

Dump's parents lived until they were a thousand years old R203.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205July 28, 2024 3:55 PM

R205 Trump's father suffered from Alzheimer's by the time he was in his 80s. Trump is reportedly obsessed with the issue for himself given what his father went through.

"Donald Trump invited his extended family to Mar-a-Lago in the mid-1990s. As the clan gathered at the palatial Florida estate, though, his father was badly struggling, according to Mary L. Trump, Donald’s niece. Fred Trump Sr., the pugnacious developer then in his late 80s, didn’t recognize two of his children at the party, recalled Mary L. Trump, who attended the gathering. And when he did recognize Donald, the family patriarch approached his son with a picture of a Cadillac that he wanted to buy — as if he needed his son’s permission.

The incident, Mary L. Trump said, left Donald Trump visibly upset at his father’s descent into dementia, which medical records show had been diagnosed several years earlier. Trump reflected his anguish in an interview around that time, with Playboy in 1997 reporting that seeing his father “addled with Alzheimer’s” had left him wondering “out loud about the senselessness of life.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206July 28, 2024 4:18 PM

Fred and Mary Anne Trump were likely not eating McDonald's every day and snorting Adderall and who knows what else for decades. Donald is declining fast, he'll be drooling into a cup in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 207July 28, 2024 4:22 PM

Trump himself is probably in the early stages of the disease. After 80 the probability of getting Alzheimer's goes up exponentially. Your chances of getting it after 80 go up 50% and the older you get the more chance you will have some form of dementia.

by Anonymousreply 208July 28, 2024 4:31 PM

[quote]You may be right, the best case scenario in my mind is that the MAGA movement is really a boomer movement

Of course. In the World According to DL, the boomers are directly responsible for everything that's wrong in this country.

by Anonymousreply 209July 28, 2024 9:50 PM

The beer belly putschists on Jan 6 covered a whole gamut of demographics, from their early 20s to even some guys who were in their 70s. Rather than a generational movement, it's a low IQ one.

by Anonymousreply 210July 28, 2024 9:53 PM

What r210 said. The rump cult crosses all demographics

by Anonymousreply 211July 28, 2024 11:02 PM

r209 that's not entirely inaccurate.

by Anonymousreply 212July 28, 2024 11:45 PM

Only simpletons would try to paint an entire generation with the same broad brush.

by Anonymousreply 213July 29, 2024 3:03 AM

I’m guessing that the pearl-clutching priss-pots flinching at the traditional end of game shorts swap wouldn’t know a rugby ball if they fell over it.

Stick to crochet, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 214July 29, 2024 3:18 AM

^^^ oops - wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 215July 29, 2024 3:19 AM

No one, and I mean NO ONE ON THIS FUCKING PLANET wants to see fat Donnie’s shirts, r214.

My eyes!

by Anonymousreply 216July 29, 2024 4:10 AM

[quote]Many (if not most) of the men at the Jan. 6 shitshow looked to be in their 30s and 40s, so Millennials and Gen X.

Add another decade to your assumption- Many GenXers are in their 50s.

by Anonymousreply 217July 31, 2024 6:35 PM

It's not an assumption, just look at the footage.

by Anonymousreply 218July 31, 2024 6:36 PM

Well, this is the very last time Christians have to vote, according to the new spokesperson for Christ on earth, so, there’s a chunk of votes he will miss out on. N ever occurred to spur boy that they might choose trot only to vote again, but to vote for someone other than Almighty Don

by Anonymousreply 219July 31, 2024 6:46 PM

He'll run again in 2028. Even if he's dead by then, the RNC will stuff him like Peter's mother on "The Great," and wheel his corpse around in a glass case to cheering Republican crowds.

by Anonymousreply 220July 31, 2024 7:08 PM

If Christians want to stop voting after this election, that's fine. Enjoy!

However, Diaper Donnie, Heritage, and Putin don't get to keep the rest of us from voting after this election or keeping our votes from counting.

by Anonymousreply 221August 1, 2024 3:27 AM

I wonder if congressional Republicans will still be taking direction from him the same way they've been doing now.

by Anonymousreply 222August 14, 2024 10:35 PM

I think that since Ukraine has marched on Russia and Vladimir, things will be different for our foolish Republicans. The money flow will be drying up (that's probably happening now) for our comprised Congressman. Vlad has a lot on his mind and may very well cut loose old & senile Donald. He served his purpose to Russia. It will be interesting to see how and whether Putin finds a way to keep his power. This election will decimate the Republican party for many years to come.

by Anonymousreply 223August 14, 2024 11:47 PM

[quote] This election will decimate the Republican party for many years to come.

Good.

by Anonymousreply 224August 15, 2024 1:08 AM

Trump disclosed to Elon Musk that if he loses this November, he'll flee to Venezuela.

Venezuela was once the refuge of choice for ex-Nazis fleeing Europe, and it's still a stronghold of fascism.

Currently Venezuela has a strong Russian military presence; they're allies.

Perhaps Trump wants to be close to Russia, but without lodging directly under Putin's roof, metaphorically speaking. He's never been sure of where he really stands with Putin, which is why he's always so afraid of being poisoned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225August 15, 2024 11:21 AM

The primary reason Trump is running for president in 2024 is to stay out of prison.

by Anonymousreply 226August 15, 2024 11:34 AM

R255 He needs to take Elon with him. Let them unleash their vermin in some other country.

by Anonymousreply 227August 15, 2024 2:12 PM

I believe he's running because his Narcisstic Personality Disorder cannot cope with being a LOSER. Maintaining 2020 as "stolen" works to explain that (in his mind), but he desperately needs to be re-elected psychologically. Harris' January inauguration is what he fears most, more than prison.

by Anonymousreply 228August 15, 2024 3:43 PM

Hopefully in three months we'll have heard the last of Trump and he can just go into retirement and we can finally be rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 229August 15, 2024 6:34 PM

[i] Hopefully in three months we'll have heard the last of Trump and he can just go into retirement and we can finally be rid of him. [i]

"Not so fast."

by Anonymousreply 230August 15, 2024 6:38 PM

Assume he’s going to lose - people don’t vote -Trump wins

by Anonymousreply 231August 15, 2024 6:43 PM

[quote]Trump disclosed to Elon Musk that if he loses this November, he'll flee to Venezuela.

Just map out the McDonalds in the country and you'll know Trump is within a 2 mile radius

by Anonymousreply 232August 15, 2024 7:56 PM

You could have your own private chef make you the best burgers and fries any time of day. Or you could order McDonald's. I seriously wonder if it's some weird obsession thing for him because DONALD is in the name McDonald's. Cause it makes no fucking sense otherwise. So trashy.

by Anonymousreply 233August 15, 2024 8:06 PM

R233 McDonalds is comfort food for Trump so that has become a basic staple for decades. For Elvis it was friend bananas and peanut butter sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 234August 15, 2024 10:20 PM

Supposedly McDonald's also is reassuring for him because it's mass produced, therefore cannot be poisoned by an enemy because no one knows which hamberder he'll get.

by Anonymousreply 235August 15, 2024 10:43 PM

I can see him running again as a third party candidate.

Maybe I expect too much of Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 236August 15, 2024 10:58 PM

I hope that he does. He would totally fuck things up for the R candidate, and would be the end of their connection to him.

by Anonymousreply 237August 15, 2024 11:01 PM

R236 old buddy, old pal ... he's [italic]barely[/italic] functioning now! In four years he won't be able to complete a full sentence, if that.

by Anonymousreply 238August 15, 2024 11:03 PM

But I'm not sure that would stop him or his acolytes r238. They could run a campaign of advertising only, well edited. Not saying it would be effective. A marginal candidate.

by Anonymousreply 239August 15, 2024 11:14 PM

[quote]I can see him running again as a third party candidate.

You're confusing Trump with the Thing That Wouldn't Die, which is understandable but not very realistic.

by Anonymousreply 240August 15, 2024 11:39 PM

R240, I'm so mortified by your comparison I could die.

by Anonymousreply 241August 16, 2024 12:37 AM

Important tea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242August 16, 2024 12:41 AM

He’s toast, even his base of useful idiots are diminishing.

by Anonymousreply 243August 16, 2024 12:48 AM

He should be put in prison or at the very least the looney bin.

by Anonymousreply 244August 16, 2024 1:43 AM

Most people who had 34 (!) felony counts would be in prison right now but not him. It's insane.

by Anonymousreply 245August 16, 2024 2:15 AM

[quote] What then?

Disappears, hopefully

by Anonymousreply 246August 16, 2024 2:56 AM

Someone keeps sending us to a Barron Trump thread.I don’t give a fuck what that Trump spawn says/does. No one will ever know what he is about and I don’t want to know-Mini Trump POS.

by Anonymousreply 247August 16, 2024 4:03 AM

My suspicion is he’ll either join Fox, getting Apprentice-style “production values” (fakery to make him look competent), or he’ll be the mascot of some new network much more extremist and rightwing-populist. He’ll milk his followers like the cattle they are.

by Anonymousreply 248August 16, 2024 4:05 AM

It will be glorious to see MAGA forced to face that he is a loser. Of course Fox will continue to pretend he was a great man. But seeing MTG, Mike Johnson and Lindsey have to face reality will be wonderful, especially if Democrats win Congress.

by Anonymousreply 249August 16, 2024 4:08 AM

Trump grifters and criminals will continue because have no shame-no need to explain just keep grifting…

by Anonymousreply 250August 16, 2024 4:27 AM

If Trump loses, he will declare again for '28 in an attempt to keep power and media focus. Republicans will have to make a break from him at some point, unless he dies first.

by Anonymousreply 251August 16, 2024 5:47 AM

[quote]If Trump loses, he will declare again for '28 in an attempt to keep power and media focus.

If Trump loses in November, he's finished. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 252August 16, 2024 8:06 AM

R252 So much ground to cover before DJT is "finished"... the whole MAGA/extremist movement is poised to challenge any election they lose. If/when Trump loses the election denial effort will make 2020 look like amateurs - a broad media campaign, raising $$ for "the Cause", court challenges and a large number of public officials who already are planning to resist elector certification, a House of MAGA/extremists readied to block certification... armed resistance in the streets? And, of course, court challenges that could well rise in "an emergency expedited timeline" to the Supreme Court, and y'all know how that will go. All possible.

This is a real threat to what happens after the election and is why, in my opinion, Harris needs to win big. 5-6% points nationally, 319 votes in the electoral college. I'm ready to work for this victory.

by Anonymousreply 253August 16, 2024 2:31 PM

Trump won't run in 2028. He won’t have to because he became America’s Hitler in 2024. This post approved by Harris/Walz 2024

by Anonymousreply 254August 16, 2024 3:07 PM

I never assume Trump will lose-thats why Hilary lost.

by Anonymousreply 255August 16, 2024 3:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!