Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nicole Kidman Reflects on Working With Ex-Husband Tom Cruise in ‘Eyes Wide Shut’ in Rare Comment

While speaking to the Los Angeles Times earlier this month, Nicole, 57, was asked if director Stanley Kubrick took inspiration from her and Tom’s real life romance for the film.

“I suppose he was mining it,” she said. “There were ideas he was interested in. He’d ask a lot of questions. But he had a strong sense of the story he was telling. I do remember him saying, ‘Triangles are hard. You have to tread carefully when it’s a triangle.’”

Nicole continued, “Because one person could feel ganged up on. But he was aware of that and knew how to manage us.”

In addition to discussing how Stanley used their relationship to craft the film, Nicole also explained that she and Tom, 62, had their own ways of communicating with the director.

“There’s something about being a woman in that equation, too,” the Big Little Lies star said. “And Stanley liked women. He had a different relationship with Tom. They worked more closely together on his character.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 24, 2024 2:33 PM

She's been coyly talking about Tom Cruise for the past few years. I wish she was tell us EVERYTHING, every dirty personal detail or just stop talking about it altogether.

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2024 1:10 AM

Well she tapped dance around that, didn't she.

I guess she couldn't very well say "We needed an intimacy coordinator to coach us since we've never done the dirty"

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2024 1:13 AM

R1 kinda like when Rosie spoke to the author of the view book for 10 minutes and told him she had fallen in love with Elisabeth Hasselbeck and was molested by her father?

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2024 1:13 AM

R1 she has been willing to acknowledge their work together, which is progress because she wouldn’t even speak about that for many years. But she’s speaking about work, not a tell-all.

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2024 1:15 AM

Right, r3. I want to know what is was like to live with that maniac. I'm not interested in "Tom's fame stopped me from getting sexually harassed" or "the children I adopted with Tom won't speak to me because they're balls deep in a cult". A lot of the stuff she's revealed in the past five years is stuff we could have guessed.

I guess I find it annoying because she has to know that bringing up Tom Cruise will get her an instant headline yet she won't reveal anything juicy, r4. She knows people aren't clicking on the story because they love Eyes Wide Shut.

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2024 1:22 AM

R5 EWS has gained a cult status following

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2024 1:24 AM

Triangles is code for obtuseness, surely.

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2024 1:41 AM

Pointless, sordid, forgettable film. If you get through it once you'll never see it twice.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2024 2:15 AM

[quote]EWS has gained a cult status following But that's not why anyone wants to hear what se has to say about it.

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2024 3:36 AM

I think if she was talking about any non-Tom Cruise aspect of that movie then it wouldn't have gotten a headline. I'm not convinced it has a cult following. I think most people just consider it a disappointment because it's Kubrick's last movie and it's pretty boring. It's not even weird or salacious enough to be campy.

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2024 4:29 AM

It’s gotten tons of attention in recent months. That’s why people ASK QUESTIONS about it. Shes not just bringing it up. She was ASKED so she answered.

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2024 4:55 AM

Did those two ever have real sex? I never got that vibe, it was weird.

by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2024 4:58 AM

A few articles about the 25th anniversary of something apparently qualifies as "tons of attention" and means that EWS has a "cult status following".

by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2024 9:44 AM

#13, the 24/7 carnivorous media machine needs constant fuel.

Next up: Gen Z discovers Rip Taylor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2024 12:10 PM

R13 there have been articles coming out about it since at least 2019. Numerous articles in 2022 and 2023 as well. Google is your friend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2024 12:50 PM

In 2022 IndieWire named it the greatest movie to be released in the 90s.

As stated, a once trashed film has been reappraised in recent years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 24, 2024 12:52 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 24, 2024 1:25 PM

I really like Kidman. She’s a really good actress, & a class act.

That said, the film was boring & difficult to get through. She’s not responsible for that, nor is her ex.

by Anonymousreply 18July 24, 2024 2:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!