Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Andy Beshear is so relatable

I really hope Kamala chooses Andy. He will bring in the undecideds. I like how he defends Kentuckians against Vance’s elitism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2024 8:46 PM

How dare you post this before me! /jk

Great video. That’s the confident Andy Beshear that I’ve grown to love.

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2024 1:09 AM

He brings to mind a Christian guy who came out late in life and devastated his wife and 5 kids.

by Anonymousreply 2July 24, 2024 1:23 AM

I am all in for Josh, but this is indeed the best video I’ve seen yet of Andy. That interview is a masterclass in broad appeal and vision casting using the most plain-spoken language possible. I will reconsider on Josh now, but he’s such a hottie it’s hard to let go. Andy is a cute guy too. He really projects confidence combined with strong authenticity, it’s refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2024 1:24 AM

Alex Wagner gave the list of the seven candidates which the Harris team is now vetting (via ABC News). Unfortunately, he's not one of them. Gretchen (who said she would not be the VP candidate) and Josh are both on the list, along with Tim Walz (who was just on the show with Wagner).

I wonder if they are vetting him privately and throwing everyone off the scent with the list of seven ?

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2024 1:33 AM

[quote] I wonder if they are vetting him privately and throwing everyone off the scent with the list of seven ?

That reminds me of what Biden did in 2020. Everyone thought he would pick Elizabeth Warren, Gretchen Whitmer, etc., as his vice president. Most people felt that Harris wasn't even in the running. But look how that turned out.

Beshear has been making the rounds in the media attacking Trump/Vance the last few days (with Kamala HQ reposting the clips on Twitter), so there's no way he's not in the running for vice president.

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2024 1:40 AM

He has a good voice. Nicely placed. Forceful masculine. And that's not a trivial thing.

Compare it to JD Vance's dull bland timbre.

Beshear does have a permanent "deer in the headlights" facial expression though.

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2024 1:55 AM

I like Andy Beshear, but he won't turn Kentucky blue for the Dems.

Does Andy help the Dems get Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania?

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2024 2:00 AM

I like Andy...but he's got them crazy eyes.Like kind of nuts.

by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2024 2:01 AM

I’m sure a couple of us slightly resemble him.

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2024 2:02 AM

OP, how will you feel about Andy's "relatability" if Harris picks him and loses in November?

by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2024 2:06 AM

IMO she needs Whitmer. Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin will benefit. And Michigan has a lot of electoral votes. Also a tough Senate race in Michigan. Open seat there. Democrat Debbie Stabenow is retiring.

So Holding on to a Senate Seat, getting Michigan's electoral votes, and playing well in other swing states in the midwest and rust belt, Whitmer has all of that going for her. As a governor she also understands the domestic agenda in terms of what states and cities need. And she has legislative experience. Charming, smart, and energetic.

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2024 2:14 AM

What Andy needs is a hot romance with one of Hollywood’s hottest starlets to boost his popularity.

A torrid affair that will be the top story from Deadline to The Post and People Magazine. Washington and Hollywood royalty redefined. The dawning of a new Camelot.

What Andy needs is a woman as comfortable in the halls of Congress as she is in the Lincoln Bedroom.

What Andy needs, is Sharon Stone.

by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2024 2:16 AM

Get your hand out of your panties, OP. Biden is not resigning and Andy is not on Kamala's short list.

by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2024 2:46 AM

R10, Relatability is not important at all to me. I’m concerned with who aligns closest to my values. That would be Democrats across the board.

But you know good and well that some voters value relatability. I think it’s ridiculous to vote for which candidate you’d want to share a drink with, but some people do. And we have to win over undecided voters to keep our democracy. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2024 2:46 AM

There's something off putting aboutAndy. Too good to be t rue.

by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2024 4:07 AM

R4 is full of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 24, 2024 4:08 AM

Oh FUCK is he on the Spectrum ? I recognize the eyes. They don’t look at anything.

by Anonymousreply 17July 24, 2024 4:10 AM

I hope the pick is Kelly. #AstroStudforVP

by Anonymousreply 18July 24, 2024 4:34 AM

R11 I couldn't be happier with that ticket, but let's face it - two women on the ticket does not spell 'winning' in America. We have a long way to go.

by Anonymousreply 19July 24, 2024 12:58 PM

Whitmer already announced she is unwilling to leave her governorship.

by Anonymousreply 20July 24, 2024 4:19 PM

And Whitmer already endorsed Harris. She's not running, either, regardless of her pluses (as is true of Beshear).

by Anonymousreply 21July 24, 2024 8:43 PM

CBS just said Harris is vetting 12 possible running mates, more than previously reported.

by Anonymousreply 22July 24, 2024 8:50 PM

If it's true that they're vetting 12, I expect some of that vetting may be for cabinet officials.

by Anonymousreply 23July 24, 2024 11:52 PM

Andy BeShears reminds me of John Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2024 7:33 PM

[quote]CBS just said Harris is vetting 12 possible running mates

It's like a casting call for A Chorus Line.

by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2024 8:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!