Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kit Harington looks like this now

This HAS to be because he’s screentesting for X-Men. Feige would insist on a short Logan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 26, 2024 11:49 AM

If I’m correct

Kit Harington - Wolverine

Jamie Dornan - Cyclops

Theo James - Gambit

Comic Con announcement Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2024 3:00 PM

This is how Harrington looks in the new season of Industry for comparison

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2024 3:04 PM

He’d be the perfect Wolverine. I’m sick of Hugh Jackman playing him. He was never believable as Logan for me.

Dacre Montgomery Would also be a great Wolverine.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2024 3:14 PM

I was scared they would choose Jeremy Allen White.

Someone in here said he looks like a half goldfish/half ferret and I can’t unsee it.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2024 3:23 PM

[quote]He was never believable as Logan for me.

He has also retroactively ruined Logan by now appearing in that dumb Deadpool movie.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2024 3:24 PM

Industry is still going??

by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2024 3:25 PM

Yes, and it's better than ever.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2024 3:33 PM

Hopefully you'll join us here where we'll be shitting on Kit's acting chops, or rather lack thereof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2024 3:34 PM

Why does Hollywood hire so many British actors to fill movie roles?

Is it because they're cheaper to hire?

I don't get it.

We have so many American actors who could play these parts.

Why do we have to hire THOSE people?

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2024 3:38 PM

[quote]Is it because they're cheaper to hire?

Cheaper and better trained. Obviously you're going to hire a Brit actor who's been to RADA rather than some random American waitress who happens to have a nice smile and dabbles in acting on the side, if the price is the same. They're more expensive than Canadians, who are in turn more expensive than Australians.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2024 3:42 PM

What's with all the IVs?

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2024 3:58 PM

Wolferine

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2024 4:02 PM

Wolverine MUST have a hairy chest.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2024 4:29 PM

Kit looks great!

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2024 4:33 PM

Didn't he already play an MCU character? Granted everybody seems to want to forget The Eternals but that'd be weird

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2024 4:34 PM

[quote]Didn't he already play an MCU character? Granted everybody seems to want to forget The Eternals but that'd be weird

Agreed!

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2024 4:37 PM

X-Men and Fantastic Four take place in alternate universes. Harington was a very minor character in Eternals so it wouldn't make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2024 4:37 PM

Sellout.

by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2024 4:37 PM

[quote]Didn't he already play an MCU character? Granted everybody seems to want to forget The Eternals but that'd be weird

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2024 4:38 PM

[quote]Chris Evans as Captain America & The Human Torch

Evans' Fantastic Four movies weren't ever a part of the MCU

by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2024 4:38 PM

Physically Harington would be perfect for Wolverine (although can he grow body hair?), but I am not sure he could be menacing enough. He is usually a hunky milquetoast.

by Anonymousreply 21July 23, 2024 4:40 PM

[quote]I am not sure he could be menacing enough

He has a werewolf movie out this weekend that's pretty obviously him trying to prove just that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2024 4:43 PM

[quote] We have so many American actors who could play these parts.

Like me. America loves me and can't get enough.

by Anonymousreply 23July 23, 2024 4:46 PM

I see peen print.

by Anonymousreply 24July 23, 2024 4:47 PM

What's the obsession with Kit Harrington.

He seems bland and boring.

by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2024 4:48 PM

r25 And yet you still clicked on the thread and posted in it three times.

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2024 5:03 PM

alex jones would be a good wolverine.

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2024 6:00 PM

[quote]Why does Hollywood hire so many British actors to fill movie roles?

Because these actors look exactly like the characters?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2024 6:07 PM

He looked great here ,didn't prevent a flop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2024 6:18 PM

I’m a big fan.

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2024 6:20 PM

He does have genuine movie star quality.

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2024 6:21 PM

this is only conjecture at this point based on stuff I've heard but damn they may have nailed these castings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2024 6:36 PM

Look how his jeans hang off his butt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2024 11:31 PM

What butt, R33?

It looks flat.

Not only that, but he must be TINY.

In the photos at your link, he is practically dwarfed by everyone else around him, including the women!

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2024 11:52 PM

Kit Harington has a beautiful ass, but yes he is a straight up midget

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2024 11:53 PM

Wolverine is supposed to be 5'5".

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2024 11:55 PM

I'm a big fan of the little man.

fixed for R30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 24, 2024 12:00 AM

The Plane Professor X ! The Plane!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 24, 2024 12:05 AM

My kinda guy.

by Anonymousreply 39July 24, 2024 12:06 AM

I didn't find him facially attractive in Game of Thrones, but I do like his body here. I do wish he had a bigger, rounder ass though.

by Anonymousreply 40July 24, 2024 3:29 AM

I wonder if Henry Cavill is Magneto, he shot a cameo for Deadpool & Wolverine this year.

Split-second cameo as “alternate timeline Wolverine” but it was a late addition shot in March when they probably started casting for X-Men.

by Anonymousreply 41July 24, 2024 10:50 AM

X-People!

by Anonymousreply 42July 24, 2024 12:36 PM

Kit Harington is going full frontal in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 24, 2024 12:49 PM

[quote]Cheaper and better trained. Obviously you're going to hire a Brit actor who's been to RADA rather than some random American waitress who happens to have a nice smile and dabbles in acting on the side, if the price is the same.

The notion that British actors are “better trained” is nonsense. The U.S. has several of the most prestigious drama schools in the world, and agents and managers sign actors directly out of those schools. Even more “commercial” actors that you wouldn’t expect to have high-end academic credentials, often do — like Luke Macfarlane, who went to Juilliard. Miles Teller graduated from Tisch. Meanwhile, British actors like DL icon Henry Cavill and Jonathan Bailey never even went to college. There may be a perception that British actors have better training, but it isn’t the reality.

by Anonymousreply 44July 24, 2024 12:50 PM

his skin looks great. i'm pale too but my skin is so patchy and blotchy and shitty looking. i manage my facial skincare pretty well but i can never find good information about body skincare. can i get some tips

by Anonymousreply 45July 24, 2024 12:57 PM

SLAVE PLAY has an extremely explicit sex scene at the end of it, so if Kit Harington looks like that now, it would be amazing to see him in it :-)

by Anonymousreply 46July 24, 2024 1:01 PM

David Corenswet who is the new Superman is a Juilliard graduate. If you have seen his acting there isn’t a big gulf between him and Cavill, who as mentioned above never went to college.

by Anonymousreply 47July 24, 2024 1:09 PM

From what I've seen of David Corenswet's work, he's a bad choice for Superman. We'll see how that turns out.

by Anonymousreply 48July 24, 2024 1:11 PM

They're all too old for X-Men.

by Anonymousreply 49July 24, 2024 1:12 PM

Early 40s/late 30s was the audience who grew up with the original X-Men cartoon. They could simply veer some of the X-Men older, especially since the last iteration featured young X-Men.

Remember Marvel went with 49 year old Pedro Pascal for Fantastic Four.

by Anonymousreply 50July 24, 2024 2:15 PM

Oh boy

This is Cavill’s cameo in Deadpool

Deadpool says, “This just feels right. We will treat you so much better than those shit-fucks down the street.” (Reference to Disney being down the street from Warner Bros. in Burbank)

This was a late addition shot in March. So they did get him.

Possibly Beast, possibly Cyclops, but I’ll be shocked if it isn’t Magneto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 24, 2024 3:32 PM

I don't think the training at Juilliard or Tisch compares with that at RADA. The Brits get a kind of rigorous vocal training American actors don't receive.

by Anonymousreply 52July 24, 2024 4:39 PM

But Jamie Dornan didn't go to RADA. His formal training consists of getting his ass eaten out on a billboard for Calvin Klein.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 24, 2024 5:54 PM

Kavin Feige says Hugh Jackman is going to keep playing Wolverine for the foreseeable future

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 25, 2024 2:17 PM

You have to admit, the boy looks mighty fine in tight jeans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 25, 2024 2:34 PM

His actual quote doesn't say anything like that.

"Yes. You know, Marvel is celebrating its 85th anniversary later this summer. That’s just the first 85 years, and Disney just celebrated 100 years as well. I think these characters will be around for another 100 years, long after all of us. So, for sure, there will be [eventually another actor as Wolverine]. I think it will be in a very different style and in a different way. I also think if somebody were to attempt to do a Hugh Jackman as Wolverine impression, that would be a pretty big mistake. As comic readers know, there have been various and very, very different versions of these characters over the decades. It would be fun to explore different ones someday down the line. Again, we don’t have immediate plans by any means. But in the decades to come, I think it’s inevitable. If that happens, it would have to be a very different and bold reinterpretation of [the character] because no one will be as great as Hugh Jackman at doing his version of Wolverine."

Long story short

The public hates the multiverse saga. Disney desperately needs to reboot Marvel. They are getting the Russos to wrap everything up with two new Avengers movies.

Now you have Fantastic Four, not set in the same universe, set in the 1960s. But Fantastic Four have never been as popular or iconic as the X-Men. Disney needs the X-Men. That was part of the reason they purchased 20th Century Fox.

"It would be fun to explore different ones someday down the line. Again, we don’t have immediate plans by any means." - Announcement this Saturday or in two weeks at D23.

Feige drove MCU into a ditch, X-Men is his only chance to right the ship. Otherwise, Disney doesn't need him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 25, 2024 2:37 PM

R55 why does that seem like exactly the type of dog Kit Harington would have.

by Anonymousreply 57July 25, 2024 2:38 PM

That photo at R55 is the first time I've ever considered that Kit Harrington might be gay.

Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 58July 25, 2024 3:56 PM

No, just neurodivergent.

by Anonymousreply 59July 25, 2024 3:59 PM

Kit is teeny and delicious. A yummy snack.

by Anonymousreply 60July 25, 2024 4:54 PM

Cavill has started posting to Instagram again

Would make sense with an announcement coming this weekend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 25, 2024 6:09 PM

[quote]That photo at [R55] is the first time I've ever considered that Kit Harrington might be gay.

Why do you think he looks like he "might be gay" in that photo? Because he's got a dog leash in one hand and a bag in the other?

by Anonymousreply 62July 25, 2024 7:32 PM

[quote] Why do you think he looks like he "might be gay" in that photo? Because he's got a dog leash in one hand and a bag in the other?

As well as the "moose knuckle" in his tight jeans.

He looks like a gay man cruising for dick in the 1970s!

It's the whole look, Mary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 25, 2024 7:35 PM

R63, I don't see any "moose knuckle" in those jeans, nor do I see anything else in the photo that screams "gay" to me. I think you're hallucinating, or maybe you're just a troll. Or both :-)

by Anonymousreply 64July 25, 2024 7:38 PM

The dog is a little gay.

by Anonymousreply 65July 25, 2024 7:59 PM

[quote]I don't think the training at Juilliard or Tisch compares with that at RADA.

You're wrong.

[quote]The Brits get a kind of rigorous vocal training American actors don't receive.

You think that Juilliard students don't receive rigorous vocal training? LOL.

In any case, how does vocal training prepare one to play a costumed freak with X-ray vision in a superhero movie?

by Anonymousreply 66July 25, 2024 8:39 PM

[quote]That photo at [R55] is the first time I've ever considered that Kit Harrington might be gay.

[quote] Is he gay?

Kit is bi. There has been much discussion about it over the years. It's funny you would make that comment on that particular pic at R55's post. When it went viral back in July 2018 (it was during lockdown - his wife shaved his hair), there was much speculation. One tweet had quite a story.

He's been pretty candid about his alcoholism and struggles in recent years - that Hidden 20% podcast interview was fascinating - but while he calls himself an addict, he never discusses those addictions. Sex was clearly one of them. It would explain a lot. Dude got around.

I'm glad he's turned a corner and looks so fit and healthy now. Looking forward to seeing him in Industry.

by Anonymousreply 67July 26, 2024 12:33 AM

Henry Cavill’s fan page is at San Diego

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 26, 2024 11:14 AM

[quote]Kit is bi.

Oh here we go with opinions being stated as fact

by Anonymousreply 69July 26, 2024 11:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!