Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will Trump Drop Vance?

There suddenly seems to be a lot of buyer's regret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 29, 2024 8:16 PM

Party in disarray!

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2024 10:17 AM

Yikes, not the narrative you want a week after your convention.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2024 10:20 AM

Did they really touch tips like that? Gross if so.

by Anonymousreply 3July 23, 2024 10:29 AM

MAGA were voting for Dump regardless of his VP selection.

by Anonymousreply 4July 23, 2024 10:30 AM

I think he will.

You can tell by the way he talks to and about him, that he not only hates and has zero respect for him but that he feels like he's a "low energy" choice who is getting them no attention.

And, he finds him this obviously frustrating, useless, and repellent even before the ads with all of the things JD Vance had said about him previously, have begun to show up everywhere. Which they will and they will be brutal.

Personally, I don't blame him in wanting to kick him to the curb. Vance is a complete charisma vacuum who makes Ron DeSantis look mildly engaging. Letting a drugged up aspie and a billionaire who's rentbois keep dying under mysterious circumstances chose your #2, just for some fast cash, was a weak-assed decision.

by Anonymousreply 5July 23, 2024 10:38 AM

No OP

Trump will not drop Vance

“Trump allies” did not want JD Vance in the first place

They wanted Doug Burgum, a wealthy technocrat from the corporate world from a mountain state who could run the White House while Trump played golf

Does that sound familiar to you

Trump wanted JD Vance to appeal to his base in states he needs to win - Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin are more similar to Ohio than Montana

“JD Vance only appeals to Trumps base” is correct

Trump wants an ideological heir who will continue Trumpism after Trump leaves office

Trump has won the election. This is a given. Trump’s favorability is at a minus 3, which is an all-time high for him, going back to 2016.

Harris’s favorability is -14 with little time to make any correction, especially as Biden has not resigned and given her the power to do anything.

Please stop reading clickbait from The New Republic “Oh oh! Trump has made this mistake and screwed up his election!” We read those every week in 2016 and he won.

The only thing Kamala Harris can do is cheerlead so we may retain the House and Senate. The election is lost to Trump because Biden waited too long to drop out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 23, 2024 10:48 AM

Can he get rid of him though, after they were formally nominated by the RNC? I am not sure of the rules, but it seems like Vance would have to be the one to step aside. Like everything with Dump, this would be unprecedented. But so was trying to have his VP hung the last go around.

Also, this would piss off Thiel and Don Jr. who strongly advocated for Vance and rumor has it that Musk agreed to millions of dollars in donations per month on the condition that Vance was VP.

by Anonymousreply 7July 23, 2024 10:50 AM

No, he absolutely will not.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2024 10:51 AM

Donnie/Donnie Jr flopping

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2024 10:51 AM

That will turn out well!

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2024 10:58 AM

Trump won’t dump Vance. That would be too much of an admission he screwed up with the choice. It is to Kamala’s advantage that Vance stay in to run against his odious positions and his negative charisma.

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2024 10:58 AM

Trump should’ve picked the guy from North Dakota whose last name sounds like a grain varietal.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2024 11:00 AM

[quote] is to Kamala’s advantage that Vance stay in to run against his odious positions and his negative charisma

And for him to get smeared all over the stage by Beshear or Kelly or Shapiro or whoever the Dem VP candidate it.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2024 11:00 AM

Lil’ Marco or Girlfriend from Canada guy would have been better choices.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2024 11:02 AM

A rotting apple would have been a better choice than Vance.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2024 11:07 AM

Well, he makes news with his comments…like Dan Quayle.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2024 11:12 AM

You'd have to pry the Veep nomination out of Vance's cold, dead hands.

The man's sole animating principle is ambition.

by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2024 11:20 AM

r6 It hasn't even been two full days since Biden dropped out and you're trying to sell us national polls like they're not gonna change at all over the next three months? Sit yo ass down. Obama was down like ten points in October against Romney.

by Anonymousreply 18July 23, 2024 11:21 AM

[quote] You'd have to pry the Veep nomination out of Vance's cold, dead hands.

That could be arranged.

by Anonymousreply 19July 23, 2024 11:22 AM

R18 this is not a head to head poll

A favorability poll will not increase or drop drastically over a few months short of a national scandal or embarrassment (Biden’s debate performance) or some other shocking event (like surviving an assassination)

A favorability poll simply shows how people feel about a candidate

Obama and Romney had relatively stable favorable/unfavorable in 2012 and both had positive favorability

We are four month before the election and Harris has -14 favorability. Very little can be done to change that.

You would have realized this if you weren’t femme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 23, 2024 11:32 AM

That's a shame, Fats.

"Why Trump Suddenly Thinks Picking JD Vance Was A Mistake"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 23, 2024 11:40 AM

I'm still shocked he didn't choose one of his spawn as VP so they could run after his term and continue the grift, destruction and corruption.

by Anonymousreply 22July 23, 2024 11:40 AM

I'm wondering if R6 is the clairvoyant who assured us that Tim Scott would be Trump's VP pick or that, alternatively, Trump was a "stalking horse" who had agreed to drop out as soon as Biden did, yielding the nomination to Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 23July 23, 2024 11:41 AM

If Vance can go from calling Trump American Hitler to being his VP I am pretty sure Harris’ favorability rating can go up.

People like a winner. Harris seems like a winner. Trump seems like an old, confused man. And Vance seems like Peter Thiel’s side piece.

by Anonymousreply 24July 23, 2024 11:42 AM

R21 - how is your link different from the OP's?

by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2024 11:43 AM

Vance worked for Biden but now Trump needs a female or POC VP. Vance is just Trump 2 so a big missed opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2024 11:55 AM

r28 isn't that what McCain tried to offset enthusiasm for Obama in 2008? A woman candidate?

And we all know how that worked out.

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2024 11:58 AM

Oops. r27 was meant for r26.

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2024 11:59 AM

[quote]We are four month before the election and Harris has -14 favorability. Very little can be done to change that.

She raised $80 million and signed up 28,000 volunteers in 24 hours. Imagine if people liked her!

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2024 11:59 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha…. Sorry, no backsies.

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2024 12:00 PM

R30 is Mike Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2024 12:06 PM

[quote] We are four month before the election and Harris has -14 favorability. Very little can be done to change that.

Put her next to Trump or vance and her favorability skyrockets. She may not be the most exciting or charismatic person around but she's calm, level headed, personable, says the right things, do you want something like that or 4 years of unbridled chaos, assuming you're a normal voter?

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2024 12:12 PM

Trump needed to expand his appeal not double down. Someone like Haley could have been a great choice. Tim Scott would look amazing on the ticket now.

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2024 12:13 PM

Tim Scott is so dumb, he barely knows he's alive. But yes, he would have been an excellent VP pick right about now.

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2024 12:30 PM

Ohio Sen. JD Vance repeatedly indicated in 2016 that he believed Donald Trump had committed sexual assault, even suggesting in one TV segment that in a “he said, she said” situation Trump was less credible than one of his accusers.

Vance appeared on a MSNBC segment in October 2016 on Trump’s alleged sexual misconduct in which an interview with Jessica Leeds, a former salesperson who accused Trump of groping and forcibly kissing her during a flight in the 1970s, was played. Vance said it was hard to believe Trump’s denials over Leeds.

“At a fundamental level, this is sort of a ‘he said, she said,’ right? And at the end of the day, do you believe Donald Trump, who always tells the truth? Just kidding,” said Vance sarcastically. “Or do you believe that woman on that tape?” he said, referring to Leeds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2024 12:30 PM

I think the past week and a half have all but handed 2024 to the Dems. Between Trump's response to the assassination attempt, Trump picking Vance, and Biden passing the torch to Kamala, the momentum has suddenly shifted.

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2024 12:34 PM

Not trying to paint Murdoch in any kind of positive light but if he suggests something to you, after carrying water for GOP for 40+ years, and the other suggestion comes from Elon Musk in between his drug binges and attending neofascist gathering with Grimes, who do you listen to? That campaign was never serious to start with. I'm surprised they didn't go with Kimbo's advice.

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2024 12:39 PM

Republicans simply don't understand Democrats wanting to elevate their VP's, remember their last VP, Pence they wanted to elevate him to a gallows and hang him.

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2024 12:40 PM

[quote] Republicans simply don't understand Democrats wanting to elevate their VP's

Oh the irony

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2024 12:41 PM

What I do not get (and, let's face it, in the last 6 years there have been many things I do not get) is why Trump would choose someone who has said the things he has said about him. He calls him Hitler (I know in some quarters this comment might not be negative), and believes that he has committed sexual assault and that he is a bad leader. Knowing how Trump hates anyone who dares to criticize him....why did he choose him? He certainly is not charming, energetic or brings anything exciting to the ticket. And his latest speech about that Mountain Dew....yikes.

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2024 12:46 PM

That photo looks like a poster for the worst gay movie ever.

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2024 12:51 PM

Vance looks like his wife washes his suits.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2024 12:57 PM

R40, I wonder if Dump has grown so accustomed to former detractors changing their tune that he doesn't notice. Or maybe his memory is failing...

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2024 12:59 PM

I wouldn't put it past Trump to replace Vance. Think of the attention it would get (for 12 hours). Maybe he would even do an Appurtenance-like competition for the VP spot. It's all about the ratings!

"J.D. - you're fired!"

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2024 1:09 PM

Hitler/Vance’24

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2024 1:14 PM

This is all almost too good to be true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 23, 2024 1:14 PM

Trump picked Vance because he fancied himself nearly unbeatable and wanted Vance in place to make it certain (forever and ever even!) in ways Pence wouldn’t. He wasn’t thinking about having to actually win an election, as he was when he picked Pence.

In any case, he remains screwed.

by Anonymousreply 47July 23, 2024 1:15 PM

R44 Like Robin Williams said about Sarah Palin…

“Where did they find her? Was it “Project Running Mate”?

by Anonymousreply 48July 23, 2024 1:15 PM

R40 who knows, this is my theory, Trump loves only one thing as much as he does himself and that is money and a lot of conservative tech bro money was behind Vance. Peter Thiel had announced that he wouldn't be donating to Trump in this election, then Trump picked Thiel's protege Vance, you can bet that Thiel will open the checkbook for his protege. Or maybe Thiel still isn't opening the checkbook and that is why Trump is having second thoughts about Vance.

by Anonymousreply 49July 23, 2024 1:44 PM

I’m going to have to insist that Trump carry Vance to term.

by Anonymousreply 50July 23, 2024 1:53 PM

R50 wins the thread.

by Anonymousreply 51July 23, 2024 2:42 PM

R6 - oh honey, you're stewing in bitter pessimism, it shows, and it's tragically disconnected from recent events.

by Anonymousreply 52July 23, 2024 3:16 PM

My pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 53July 23, 2024 3:20 PM

Vance is a disgusting person.

by Anonymousreply 54July 23, 2024 3:25 PM

LOL the next DL TDS wave.

by Anonymousreply 55July 23, 2024 3:26 PM

It's kinda telling that the media is only using bearded pics of Vance now. Even when referencing his early days. Without the beard he looks like a Garbage Pale Kid

by Anonymousreply 56July 23, 2024 3:33 PM

I hope he gets rid of Vance because Trump isn't young and he could die in office. He would be worse than Trump as president

by Anonymousreply 57July 23, 2024 3:33 PM

Trae Crowder has his number. Speaking of which, has anyone been to one of Trae's shows? He's coming to my town soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 23, 2024 3:35 PM

Frankly, there’s plenty of buyer’s regret to go around lately

by Anonymousreply 59July 23, 2024 3:37 PM

R6 is a MAGA trol.

by Anonymousreply 60July 23, 2024 3:39 PM

R57 Good point.

by Anonymousreply 61July 23, 2024 3:45 PM

He won't be in the office, R57.

by Anonymousreply 62July 23, 2024 3:46 PM

This is a silly article designed to get clicks from dumbos. Trump knows who and what Vance is. He wants Midwest and Pennsyltucky votes.

JD Vances feelings about women are no worse than Trump’s.

by Anonymousreply 63July 23, 2024 4:13 PM

I am not sure that Trump has ever endorsed staying in a violent marriage.

by Anonymousreply 64July 23, 2024 4:16 PM

[quote]I am not sure that Trump has ever endorsed staying in a violent marriage.

I mean, he did divorce Ivana and Marla...

by Anonymousreply 65July 23, 2024 4:22 PM

He ripped out a clump of Ivana's hair and raped her, in addition to E. Jean Carroll and underage girls and God knows how many others.

by Anonymousreply 66July 23, 2024 4:24 PM

Vance doesn’t bring one vote to the ticket except maybe his wife’s.

Trump picked him for the money he was promised.

by Anonymousreply 67July 23, 2024 4:31 PM

[quote]JD Vances feelings about women are no worse than Trump’s.

But JD Vance's feelings about Trump as a sexual predator are way worse than Trump's.

by Anonymousreply 68July 23, 2024 4:34 PM

[quote] Trump picked him for the money he was promised.

100%. Those legal fees won't pay themselves.

Also, has anyone checked in lately with sea hag Lara Trump to see how she's doing with stealing the donor money from the RNC?

by Anonymousreply 69July 23, 2024 4:38 PM

[quote]Also, has anyone checked in lately with sea hag Lara Trump to see how she's doing with stealing the donor money from the RNC?

It's going well. Thanks for asking!

by Anonymousreply 70July 23, 2024 4:41 PM

The TDS girls have absolutely ruined this site.

by Anonymousreply 71July 23, 2024 4:46 PM

Can he dump him? The Delegates voted and he accepted the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 72July 23, 2024 5:03 PM

[quote]Can he dump him? The Delegates voted and he accepted the nomination.

If we feel like it.

by Anonymousreply 73July 23, 2024 5:04 PM

Trump' s not going to win no matter who his running mate is.

by Anonymousreply 74July 23, 2024 5:16 PM

Let's hope both of them drop of a heart attack soon

by Anonymousreply 75July 23, 2024 5:18 PM

r74 He's likely already got Russia working on the electorate "issue."

by Anonymousreply 76July 23, 2024 5:18 PM

Not sure what you mean, r68.

Are you saying JD is fantasizing about being taken by Daddy Donnie?

by Anonymousreply 77July 23, 2024 5:19 PM

[quote]Are you saying JD is fantasizing about being taken by Daddy Donnie?

No, I'm saying JD thinks Trump is a sexual predator. Trump thinks of himself as Don Juan.

by Anonymousreply 78July 23, 2024 6:06 PM

I doubt Trump will drop Vance, but I can definitely picture Trump being annoyed that Vance is getting so much attention from the alt-right.

by Anonymousreply 79July 23, 2024 6:11 PM

What color did they use for his hair dye? Tweety Bird Yellow?

by Anonymousreply 80July 23, 2024 6:28 PM

Is it me or is Trump turning into Walter Mercado?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 23, 2024 8:54 PM

R80, Ivanka ratted him out. He does his own hair and uses some boxed Just for Men bullshit in brown, but he doesn't have the attention span to leave it on until it finishes processing and that's the nonsense that's left behind

by Anonymousreply 82July 23, 2024 8:57 PM

We know Diaper Donnie isn't a reader, so do you think he was aware that JD was a couch fucker before this week or did he find out through internet memes and googling?

I'm crossing my fingers for the latter, because it would increase his feelings of betrayal and rage for being saddled with such a numpty for VP.

by Anonymousreply 83July 23, 2024 9:28 PM

They can’t get someone smart or charismatic because they have to fall in line and be a mental gymnast.

by Anonymousreply 84July 23, 2024 9:53 PM

I would dearly love to see fat faced Vance humiliated like that if fat boy drops his ass from the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 85July 23, 2024 10:06 PM

At the convention Turd was doing his goofy fake smile thing.

I wonder what they talk about when they're alone together? Other people have reported that a conversation with Trump is one-sided, with him just orating about all his accomplishments as a genius billionaire. He's not interested in you (unless you compliment him).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 23, 2024 10:22 PM

^ Ugh, that ear Kotex. 🤡🤡🤡

by Anonymousreply 87July 23, 2024 10:23 PM

"He's likely already got Russia working on the electorate "issue."

That's the only way they can win, so you can bet he's got the best hackers in Siberia working on it. Vlad has promised him they can deliver, unlike 2020.

Without Trump, Putin will lose Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 88July 23, 2024 10:27 PM

Trump fired his entire cabinet multiple times. Of course he’s going to fire Vance.

by Anonymousreply 89July 23, 2024 10:28 PM

[quote]What I do not get (and, let's face it, in the last 6 years there have been many things I do not get) is why Trump would choose someone who has said the things he has said about him. He calls him Hitler (I know in some quarters this comment might not be negative), and believes that he has committed sexual assault and that he is a bad leader. Knowing how Trump hates anyone who dares to criticize him....why did he choose him? He certainly is not charming, energetic or brings anything exciting to the ticket. And his latest speech about that Mountain Dew....yikes.

Trump is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 90July 23, 2024 10:28 PM

Trillionaires want Trump. I hope Kamala continues Joe's pledge to go after the tax dodgers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 23, 2024 10:33 PM

No, Trump won't drop Vance.

Lol.

Get real.

by Anonymousreply 92July 23, 2024 10:51 PM

If Trump drops Vance, will he bounce?

by Anonymousreply 93July 23, 2024 10:55 PM

Would a fat pig bounce? If so, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 94July 23, 2024 10:56 PM

Trump will not drop him because his overlords want Vance.

by Anonymousreply 95July 23, 2024 10:58 PM

I don’t like Vance but being that close to Dump in OP’s pic must reek. Poor guy

by Anonymousreply 96July 23, 2024 11:02 PM

He cannot fire Vance because there are no refunds on this purchase

by Anonymousreply 97July 23, 2024 11:25 PM

No. But Vance will WISH he would LOL.

by Anonymousreply 98July 23, 2024 11:35 PM

So who has blown him in a public place? Someone on here knows something.

by Anonymousreply 99July 23, 2024 11:37 PM

Vance has LDE. Two 🍄 cocklets on one ticket is not good.

by Anonymousreply 100July 23, 2024 11:38 PM

Imagine going through life being only able to use two fingers, as opposed to two hands. Sometimes life is unfair and there is no dollar amount to change it.

by Anonymousreply 101July 23, 2024 11:45 PM

CNN's Harry Enten:

The average favorability margin for a VEEP pick immediately following a convention is +19n (dating back to 1980).

Vance is at -6.

by Anonymousreply 102July 23, 2024 11:46 PM

Picking Vance is genius because he's a self-assessed hillbilly but one who is living proof that the narrative to sum up whole states as "basket of deplorables" doesn't hold. He's someone who breaks every cliché but still comes across as someone who the basis can identify with. And everyone likes an American success story. I don't think Trump doubts his pick, even if he probably hates to share the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 103July 23, 2024 11:52 PM

[quote]And everyone likes an American success story.

But very few like Vance:

"Among those who believed they did know him enough, 31 percent said they had an unfavorable view while only 22 percent said they had a favorable one."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 23, 2024 11:57 PM

He’s not from my bloodline, let me tell you that.

by Anonymousreply 105July 24, 2024 12:00 AM

Indeed, Viv.

In this case, we all have sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 106July 24, 2024 12:01 AM

R103 = Usha. Or someone equally deluded.

by Anonymousreply 107July 24, 2024 12:04 AM

R103 I'm not. Vance doesn't have to appeal to me or you. He has to apply to a certain type of voter. (That I don't like him is irrelevant.)

by Anonymousreply 108July 24, 2024 12:16 AM

I'm sure Trump wouldn't be that disloyal.

by Anonymousreply 109July 24, 2024 12:16 AM

In TOTALLY unrelated news Elon Musk just backed out of his $45M per month commitment to Donald stating he didn't support personality cults.

Marriage lasting less than two weeks, which is remarkably on-brand for Donald.

I'm going to have a schadenfreude boner until Christmas if Vance gets the boot now.

by Anonymousreply 110July 24, 2024 12:20 AM

Maybe he will. . . . maybe it's. . . . MAYBELLINE!

by Anonymousreply 111July 24, 2024 12:27 AM

Vance looks like he's 55 years old.

by Anonymousreply 112July 24, 2024 12:32 AM

The photo at OP makes me think that if we could get a memefication of an AI picture of Trump blowing Vance we could push Trump over the edge and stroke out.

by Anonymousreply 113July 24, 2024 12:34 AM

He’s like the fat, short, friendly bear at the Eagle who talks to everyone but no one ever takes home.

by Anonymousreply 114July 24, 2024 12:36 AM

He's a charisma vacuum.

by Anonymousreply 115July 24, 2024 12:39 AM

[quote]He’s like the fat, short, friendly bear at the Eagle who talks to everyone but no one ever takes home.

How...oddly specific.

by Anonymousreply 116July 24, 2024 12:40 AM

NO..he must carry J.D. to term

by Anonymousreply 117July 24, 2024 12:42 AM

Sometimes I wonder if this story is just an attempt, by the Diaper side, to take over dominance of the news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 118July 24, 2024 12:44 AM

Watch Vance’s campaign speeches from the last few days. A master class in having zero charisma. Human liquid paper.

by Anonymousreply 119July 24, 2024 12:45 AM

R58, I love Trae Crowder, He puts out consistently good stuff and he is good to look at! Why isn’t he bigger?

by Anonymousreply 120July 24, 2024 12:46 AM

I don't know r58, but I just got tickets to his September Atlanta show. He said drinking with Vance was like having a beer with a spreadsheet. I have to reward that

by Anonymousreply 121July 24, 2024 1:04 AM

Vance’s brown wife and his kids having Indian names fell like dead weight with the deplorables

by Anonymousreply 122July 24, 2024 1:18 AM

"Trump will not drop him because his overlords want Vance."

We demanded Pence or else no endorsement. He was supposed to take the baton from President Trump in 2024 for 8 more glorious years of Our Lord, amen... Then the Antifas rioted at the Capitol building and ruined our beautiful plan.

by Anonymousreply 123July 24, 2024 1:39 AM

He definitely peaked after boot camp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 24, 2024 1:44 AM

[quote] Vance doesn't have to appeal to me or you. He has to apply to a certain type of voter.

He appeals to people who were going to vote for Trump anyway. He was intended to reinforce Trump's base, not to win over anyone new.

by Anonymousreply 125July 24, 2024 1:46 AM

[quote]Trae Crowder has his number. Speaking of which, has anyone been to one of Trae's shows? He's coming to my town soon.

Caught his show at our local comedy club a few years back.

Funny and adorable as fuck.

Definitely worth the money and sit as close to the stage as you can so you can ogle his ass in those jeans.

by Anonymousreply 126July 24, 2024 1:47 AM

He should drop him. Drop him right into a big vat of acid. And then someone should push Trump in after him.

by Anonymousreply 127July 24, 2024 1:56 AM

I hope Trump is disappointed with Vance because Trump will blame Jr for pushing for him.

Trump didn't want to name any of his kids after him, he told Ivanna what if he turns out to be a disappointment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 24, 2024 2:00 AM

Trump should pull a George McGovern. Declare he's behind Vance 1000% and then drop his ass the next day.

by Anonymousreply 129July 24, 2024 2:04 AM

Paging Elise Stefanik - shit cleanup at MAL needed!

by Anonymousreply 130July 24, 2024 2:07 AM

Vance is not Pence.Pence stayed in his lane. He was a robot. Silent and at times many many times, he was invisible. Vance loves attention as much as Trump does. Vance likes to spotlight and he will not shut up. He loves to talk. He's aggressive where Pence was retiring. This is not good. Trump would not want that type of personality associated with him. Vance will get dumped.

by Anonymousreply 131July 24, 2024 2:09 AM

you know Trump is kicking himself for not going with some stupid Apprentice idea, making everybody compete with tasks and then naming the winner. Not much time left, but I suspect he'll do that now.

by Anonymousreply 132July 24, 2024 2:11 AM

When VP Harris' pick for her running mate makes Diaper Donnie's VP choice look even more of a lukewarm turd than he already does, he will get the heave ho.

As it is, Vance brings no new voters to the table. No excitement.

Fats and Flaccid, 2024 are a losing duo. And Diapers knows it in his blackened soul.

by Anonymousreply 133July 24, 2024 2:12 AM

R130 She’s nails on a chalkboard, please. Sink him once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 134July 24, 2024 2:14 AM

JD Vance's personality is the Elephant Man of personalities.

by Anonymousreply 135July 24, 2024 2:16 AM

I saw a few conservatives trying equate him as a "young confederate army officer, with a stately beard" on X.

The responses were both vicious and hilarious.

I mean...Jeb Staurt was a peacock but even he never wore makeup like Vance or Diaper Donnie.

by Anonymousreply 136July 24, 2024 2:26 AM

Ahem. The true leaders of the Republican party are speaking. 👎

"Pundits on Vladimir Solovyov's show are expressing serious reservations about J.D. Vance. They take issue with his flip-flopping, his beard, his wife, and his inability to attract more voters to Trump. They came close to suggesting Trump should dump him."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 24, 2024 2:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 24, 2024 2:54 AM

Has anyone seen Trae Crowder and Robert Downey Jr. together in the same room?

Uncanny.

by Anonymousreply 139July 24, 2024 2:55 AM

R137 why did she mention his wife as twice as things they take issue with?

by Anonymousreply 140July 24, 2024 3:05 AM

Because she's brown and they are racist, R140.

by Anonymousreply 141July 24, 2024 3:11 AM

r141 That poster was making a joke about his wife also being his beard.

by Anonymousreply 142July 24, 2024 3:12 AM

They can’t dump him. It will look panicky and it will especially make Trump look fallible. They’re stuck with him.

by Anonymousreply 143July 24, 2024 3:15 AM

Ha! Shit, sorry R140 (and R142). I worked a double shift and totally missed that. I'm going to just go to bed now.

by Anonymousreply 144July 24, 2024 3:18 AM

JD Vance's speech SO BAD, even FOX cuts away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 24, 2024 3:24 AM

Classic Trump: lying, pottymouth, alternative facts, talking without pause. The droll, patronizing drone and accordion hand movements that assure business partners, banks, bimbos and voters that he's so incredibly wonderful that you can't say no.

It's worked for 6 decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 24, 2024 3:40 AM

Nothing's going to work for Trump this election. About fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 147July 24, 2024 3:43 AM

He's like a poor xerox of a xerox of Trump. Watching him shows you just how awful Trump is. He's not bringing in any new voters. He's Ted Cruz in eyeliner

by Anonymousreply 148July 24, 2024 3:50 AM

Vance has discovered that no one can do Trump like Trump, and second rate imitations are quickly discarded. He is a Trump wannabe. Which says all that needs to be said about his reputed Yale law degree and his intelligence. I don't know why they thought Vance was a good idea. That Yale LAw degree and his success in business in silicon valley, etc. All Trump has ever done is fail and he has open contempt for law degrees and successful businessmen.

by Anonymousreply 149July 24, 2024 4:00 AM

I don't remember, did Pence do rallies, and was he as awful as Vance? Kamala will be our next POTUS. The voting public was thirsting for new blood. In light of the past few days, MAGA is so out of touch and screams of a past we all want to move on from.

by Anonymousreply 150July 24, 2024 4:11 AM

Pence did some events r150. But Pence also spent years hosting his own radio show so he's use to filling airtime and connecting his points. He may not be enticing to hear but his messaging was always clear. I'd rather have Pence as my warm up act over Vance.

by Anonymousreply 151July 24, 2024 4:15 AM

[quote]I don't remember, did Pence...?

Pence only did *one* thing worth remembering, r150.

by Anonymousreply 152July 24, 2024 4:17 AM

Trump should drop out, he's already lost. Loser!

by Anonymousreply 153July 24, 2024 4:21 AM

R124, they control what you eat and make you exercise a lot. The uniform hides a lot of faults as well.

Trump could drop Vance between now and the election but it would take a majority vote of three party bigwigs from each state to choose the nominee, or they would have to reconvene the national convention. All of this has to be done before the various state balllot listing deadlines.

In short, it could be done but would be a clusterfuck and serve no one well.

by Anonymousreply 154July 24, 2024 4:40 AM

Trump will never ever admit he made the wrong call, so I think he's sticking with Vance to the bitter end. And it WILL be bitter.

by Anonymousreply 155July 24, 2024 4:44 AM

Donald got too cocky nominating a pretend copy of himself. He also should have realized that Don Jr. has bad judgment. JD is VD.

by Anonymousreply 156July 24, 2024 4:47 AM

JD makes JEB! seem like a rock star!

by Anonymousreply 157July 24, 2024 4:50 AM

Nope. Sorry, not sorry. While the Vance selection is barely a week into its gestation, it must now be carried to term -- just like the GOP wish to force all pregnant women to do, without exception.

by Anonymousreply 158July 24, 2024 4:52 AM

That's the ticket, R157, it needs to be Trump-JD! 2024

by Anonymousreply 159July 24, 2024 4:53 AM

Bet Trump wishes he’d chosen Nikki Haley 😂🤣.

by Anonymousreply 160July 24, 2024 4:53 AM

Trump wanted him for his looks, apparently. Which is hilarious because... what looks, bitch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 24, 2024 4:55 AM

Nikki would have been a strategically smart choice, but Trump's ego would never have allowed his number two to eclipse him, which she would have done since he's old, incoherent and just crazy at this point, and he's going to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 162July 24, 2024 4:56 AM

Since Trump doesn't want him, Vance should avoid windows. And staircases. And tea. And helicopter rides. And balconies. And outdoor rallies.

by Anonymousreply 163July 24, 2024 4:57 AM

The Dems lucked out that the Republicans have two creeps on their ticket. The rapist and a younger version that women hate.

by Anonymousreply 164July 24, 2024 4:58 AM

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American people.

by Anonymousreply 165July 24, 2024 5:06 AM

Bitch is seriously losing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 24, 2024 5:07 AM

[quote]Joe Biden’s decision to drop out and endorse Kamala Harris to succeed him on the Democratic ticket has Donald Trump’s team scrambling.

Not his decision, but okay.

by Anonymousreply 167July 24, 2024 5:09 AM

[quote]Picking Vance is genius because he's a self-assessed hillbilly

Vance is as real as Wonder Bread. He's a transplant with no generational connection to that part of Ohio, and he was raised in a 4 bedroom home by his suburban grandparents, not in some hillbilly shack.

by Anonymousreply 168July 24, 2024 5:12 AM

Sorry, R167 - TOTALLY his decision, AND perfectly timed. You actually think this is all happenstance and luck?!? I bet you believe in the Tooth Fairy, too.

by Anonymousreply 169July 24, 2024 5:13 AM

Baby was riding high and feeling himself, what with Jupiter in his sign and the Supreme Court ruling in his favour and the assassination attempt. And so he threw caution to the wind and picked Vance, thinking he was heading for a blowout. I love this for him so much.

by Anonymousreply 170July 24, 2024 5:37 AM

[quote]Trump has won the election. This is a given.

You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 171July 24, 2024 5:50 AM

R166 Freaky Friday body swap with Adam Sandler?

by Anonymousreply 172July 24, 2024 6:17 AM

R168. Well said. He’s analogous to a ‘Plastic Paddy’ in Ireland. One of those second or third or first generations removed who comes back, wraps themselves in kitsch and dated stereotypes, and makes the locals roll their eyes. He’s a ‘Plastic Appalachian’.

by Anonymousreply 173July 24, 2024 7:36 AM

People with narcissitic personality disorder gets a kick out of having people having said negative things about them in the past and then reversing course and saying the exact opposite. It tells them the gaslighting works its magic. The more they used to tell disgusting things, the bigger the kick. IOW people with NPD don't think like us and they don't see how this can be construed as a bad thing by regular people. Just like sociopathic people don't see how killing a puppy can be construed as a bad thing by regular people.

by Anonymousreply 174July 24, 2024 8:58 AM

Vance has already made a fool of himself repeatedly in his speeches. It's only going to get worse as they get more and more panicky.

by Anonymousreply 175July 24, 2024 9:31 AM

Exactly, R174. People with NPD not only get satisfaction from abusing their power and putting somebody in their place but the grovelling feels like love to them. They don’t really have the capacity for anything else.

by Anonymousreply 176July 24, 2024 9:44 AM

He barely won his own Senate race.

He really shouldn’t be on a Presidential ticket. Trump will probably lose votes because of him.

by Anonymousreply 177July 24, 2024 9:46 AM

The camera kept showing them sitting together at the RNC and neither one looked comfortable with the other. Trump ignored him and Vance’s eyes were darting an around the hall. These two are not gonna get tight with each other in the oval office

by Anonymousreply 178July 24, 2024 9:49 AM

I don't think that matters all that much, Trump was never close with Pence either, even before J6. He needs the VP to be his bitch, not his buddy.

by Anonymousreply 179July 24, 2024 9:52 AM

You bitches are cruel! My plan for a national database tracking women's mentrual periods is gonna win over the suburban vote, you'll see!

by Anonymousreply 180July 24, 2024 11:00 AM

[quote]These two are not gonna get tight with each other in the oval office.

They're not going to have the chance.

by Anonymousreply 181July 24, 2024 11:10 AM

Pense was a stoic and subscribed to a basic code of adulthood that Vance has no idea even exists.

by Anonymousreply 182July 24, 2024 11:13 AM

I’ll bet some MAGAs will try to kill Vance like they did Pence.

by Anonymousreply 183July 24, 2024 11:55 AM

If Vance's loony opinions prove unpopular, Trump will disown him "You'll be voting for [italic]me[/italic]! Forget what he's saying!"

by Anonymousreply 184July 24, 2024 12:06 PM

Trump hates the Military and Military people acting all important. Well, well known.

by Anonymousreply 185July 24, 2024 12:11 PM

I watched Scaramucci's video today and he described Dump's face as looking "like he was eating a shit sandwich" when Vance gave his speech. He then went on to explain why Dump won't like Vance not talking about him as Supreme Leader and how the attention wasn't right. Eventually it will all blow up according to Scaramucci. He predicts that Dump will fire him at some point. I'm looking forward to whatever happens. I wonder if they will try to hang him or do something more creative this time?

Scaramucci donated $30K to Kamala yesterday. He thinks she will be Dump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186July 24, 2024 12:13 PM

Vance knows the obese 78-yr. old Trump is thisclose to a coronary or some other health crisis.

by Anonymousreply 187July 24, 2024 12:13 PM

Let's fucking hope so R187. But he's like Teflon.

by Anonymousreply 188July 24, 2024 12:15 PM

How exactly would he "fire" Vance? I suppose he could disown him, but if they got more electoral votes than Dems, he couldn't stop Vance from being certified VP ... unless he has [bold]such[/bold] sway that he could tell R electors to vote for someone else in December?

by Anonymousreply 189July 24, 2024 12:18 PM

I thought he was going to pick a doppelgänger for Reich Field Marshall Eric instead of a doppelgänger for Donnie Jr

by Anonymousreply 190July 24, 2024 1:03 PM

Trump could drop hints to his cult members that his "race traitor" VP will cause him to lose the election, start tweeting his and his family's schedule and location, and the crazy people who deifiy him will take it from there.

And if you think he wouldn't...you haven't been paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 191July 24, 2024 1:03 PM

I'm sure his base still has that noose from their January 6 "rally" ready to go

by Anonymousreply 192July 24, 2024 1:05 PM

He'll be encouraged to withdraw, making a statement that he wants to spend more time with his couch.

by Anonymousreply 193July 24, 2024 1:06 PM

Why does my gut tell me that the next attempt on Dump’s life won’t miss?

by Anonymousreply 194July 24, 2024 1:07 PM

Apparently it was not just Elmo but Tucker Carlson as well, who told him to pick Vance. Why the fuck would anyone take advice from Tucker Carlson, the observer of Moscow supermarkets and balls tanner extraordinaire?

by Anonymousreply 195July 24, 2024 1:09 PM

Speaking of Tucker, where has he disappeared? Is he on one of his "fishing trips"?

by Anonymousreply 196July 24, 2024 1:14 PM

He didn't have that much choice really. The boring old guy from ND? Nope. Little Marco? Same state problem in Tallahassee in December. Nimrata? Traitors are never forgiven! Yes, Vance said all those things years ago, but that was then, this is now.

by Anonymousreply 197July 24, 2024 1:16 PM

Ye?

by Anonymousreply 198July 24, 2024 1:18 PM

But, Pepperidge Farm remembers

by Anonymousreply 199July 24, 2024 1:22 PM

Trump made a deal with the devil (Silicon Valley $$$) to pick Vance, so he’s stuck with him. Who else is going to pay his enormous legal expenses?

by Anonymousreply 200July 24, 2024 1:32 PM

So my question is—why Vance re the broligarchs? (Yes that name is going to stick.) what does Vance offer that every other run of the mill Repuke doesn’t? They all bow down to Dump, they all want to make the rich richer… what made them focus on Vance? One minute talking to him, they should have realized he was like a big bag of potoatoes.

by Anonymousreply 201July 24, 2024 1:46 PM

He was one of them. They know his type.

by Anonymousreply 202July 24, 2024 1:47 PM

R202, can you explain further? Do you mean wealthy? I’m not trying to be snide, I am just not understanding why they were so insistent. He is soooo blobby, these guys are smart (supposedly), didn’t they see that?

by Anonymousreply 203July 24, 2024 1:53 PM

[quote]what does Vance offer that every other run of the mill Repuke doesn’t?

Exclusive access. Other picks were already in the pockets of other interests, but Vance would prioritise the Silicon Valley first and foremost.

by Anonymousreply 204July 24, 2024 1:53 PM

r200, and look how that worked out, Musk dropped him like a hot potato

by Anonymousreply 205July 24, 2024 1:55 PM

Drop JD Vance? After he gave that inspiring speech about Democrats thinking Diet Mountain Dew is racist? That’s electoral gold!

by Anonymousreply 206July 24, 2024 1:55 PM

[quote][R202], can you explain further? Do you mean wealthy? I’m not trying to be snide, I am just not understanding why they were so insistent. He is soooo blobby, these guys are smart (supposedly), didn’t they see that?

He was a tech bro. He worked in San Francisco venture capital, and I believe was either Peter Thiel's in-house counsel or a senior associate at the firm he used.

by Anonymousreply 207July 24, 2024 1:55 PM

[quote]Musk dropped him like a hot potato

He didn't, he just said he isn't donating to Trump. Which is technically true, he's donating to a PAC that'll then support Trump.

by Anonymousreply 208July 24, 2024 1:58 PM

One of the best bits of this is that Don Jr. pushed hard for him. Another great decision from a man of deep wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 209July 24, 2024 1:58 PM

R203, the average tech bro is a very limited individual who is essentially a fat blob who resents women. This idea that they're above average in intelligence is an urban myth, much like Candyman or Laura Loomer's clit.

by Anonymousreply 210July 24, 2024 1:59 PM

Vance also said he doesn't care about Ukraine and he is against providing aid to them. That's why the Russian overlords and their useful idiot Cucker Carlson are pushing him.

by Anonymousreply 211July 24, 2024 2:08 PM

For R6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212July 24, 2024 2:11 PM

I think he's stuck with him. First, who else is there? Second, why pick them second? He's caught in a trap.

Good news for Eric, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 213July 24, 2024 2:17 PM

I’ve done a couple swing voter groups since the Vance VP announcement and these voters simply do not like him. Both his flip flopping on Trump and his extreme abortion position are what breaks through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214July 24, 2024 2:18 PM

Harry Enten:

JD Vance is making history as the least liked VP nominee (non-incumbent) since 1980 following his/her party's convention. He's the first to have a net negative favorable rating.

Not surprising given how weak he ran in Ohio in 2022. Far worse than the average Ohio Republican.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215July 24, 2024 2:21 PM

God a bad VP pick and Junior in the doghouse. That fucking Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 216July 24, 2024 2:22 PM

Given the pro-choice turnout for the Ohio referendum, I'm wondering if he may be a drag there, not an asset?

by Anonymousreply 217July 24, 2024 2:24 PM

possibly

by Anonymousreply 218July 24, 2024 2:35 PM

Why is Junior in the doghouse R216?

by Anonymousreply 219July 24, 2024 2:38 PM

Russian TV Turns on JD Vance:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 24, 2024 2:51 PM

Once Dump loses, what's next for Shillbilly? Bending over for Peter Thiel?

by Anonymousreply 221July 24, 2024 3:07 PM

[quote]Once Dump loses, what's next for Shillbilly? Bending over for Peter Thiel?

Perusing the West Elm catalog with one hand in his pants.

by Anonymousreply 222July 24, 2024 3:08 PM

[quote]So my question is—why Vance re the broligarchs?

NPR: "Vance supports the cryptocurrency industry and personally owns over $100,000 worth of bitcoin. Vance has advocated for the cryptocurrency industry and has opposed efforts by the Biden administration and others to regulate it. Cryptocurrency enthusiasts recently celebrated him as the first "bitcoiner" to be on a presidential ticket."

by Anonymousreply 223July 24, 2024 3:12 PM

Dropping Vance would make it even more obvious that the campaign is flailing and desperate, and would mean admitting the orange one whiffed on his first pick. They’re screwed.

by Anonymousreply 224July 24, 2024 3:14 PM

I'm here if you need me, JD. A shoulder to cry on, and you know, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 225July 24, 2024 3:18 PM

I want you all to savor every single delicious bite of this meal. You will never ever ever, in your life, be more satisfied than watching this election cycle. It will be better than all the most glorious sex you’ve had.

This is going to be the mother lode of karmic justice and humiliation we have all been waiting for for almost ten mother fucking years now. I can’t get back the time, the energy, the terror, the depression, the hopelessness that Trump forced upon us (none of us can). But I can be in the present and savor each juicy bite. If this goes the way it looks today, I can die happy.

Enjoy this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have pep in my step again, a Mona Lisa smile on my face even as I load the dishwasher. This fall I will cradle my mug with that smile as I watch him get destroyed by a black woman lololol. You can’t make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 226July 24, 2024 3:24 PM

Trump: I know nothing about Project 2025 or the people behind it.

Vance: Here, read the foreword I wrote for this new book all about it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227July 24, 2024 3:25 PM

How exactly wouid this "dropping" work? Would he order Vance to quit? Would he arrange for Lara to issue a "no confidence" RNC vote against him?

by Anonymousreply 228July 24, 2024 3:28 PM

R228, the only thing they can do is push him to resign. That’s what happened in 1972 when Eagleton left the ticket. Maybe some insiders might have more insight, but I don’t think they can simply say they don’t want him.

by Anonymousreply 229July 24, 2024 3:36 PM

Vance would fall out a window R228. Like in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 230July 24, 2024 3:38 PM

Got it, R230

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231July 24, 2024 3:42 PM

R40, Trump didn’t pick Vance. The guys with the endless sacks of money did.

Americans & specifically the American media, need to forget about Trump & Vance for a moment, & zero in on Thiel. It’s a difficult task to undertake, as surely every single journalist & editor can vividly recall the Gawker debacle, however, it’s important to remember that Thiel is not some sort of benevolent ATM.

If Trump wins, Thiel & his cronies win.

The American public should be told what that means, EXACTLY. Even if it’s explained theoretically, as he is nothing if secretive. And he isn’t a singular entity, but a part of what makes one.

Suddenly, all of the Libertarian Tech Bros ❤️ Trump.

Flesh out & detail their possible positions & agenda, & you get a better understanding of what Vance has been appointed to achieve & why. All of the rest is a distraction, as we all know Trump is useless & gets nothing done all day long, which doesn’t mean he’s not dangerous, because he IS, but who is more dangerous than Trump? There’s the meat of the story & someone should get on it, all day, every day.

by Anonymousreply 232July 24, 2024 3:51 PM

This article could help cast some light on the libertarian tech bros' agenda. They all love El Salvador and their tech fascist Nayib Bukele. I think the agenda was to groom a similar politician here. Didn't all the usual suspects, including the Trump clown car, attend his inauguration not that long ago?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233July 24, 2024 3:55 PM

Michael Weiss @michaeldweiss This is what happens when a bunch of South African tech bros try to grow their own redneck in a lab in California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234July 24, 2024 4:01 PM

[quote] Picking Vance is genius because he's a self-assessed hillbilly but one who is living proof that the narrative to sum up whole states as "basket of deplorables" doesn't hold.

You're still trying to act like it's 2016, aren't you?

Hon, we've all moved on since then.

by Anonymousreply 235July 24, 2024 4:24 PM

Thiel and his ilk would be happy to gift us with a Milei figure of some kind.

by Anonymousreply 236July 24, 2024 4:36 PM

If Gays Ran Campaigns:

Send out Talking Points to EVERY DEMOCRAT to say, "I heard EVERYONE gossiping that JD Vance is Peter Thiel's "butt boy", whatever that is!" Then Joe Biden says "What's that?" and Kamala whispers in his ear and they both start laughing, followed by "Oh, is that what EVERYONE is really saying?"

Do that for three or four days.

Straight people are not good shit-stirrers!

by Anonymousreply 237July 24, 2024 4:41 PM

JD Vance was a law student at Yale who had just learned what sparkling water was when he met Peter Theil. He was neither a techbro nor rich at the time. He got into tech because Thiel made his friends hire Vance.

When I was a kid we had a pop music trivia game and when we had no idea what the answer was we’d say Brian Eno, and often enough that was right. I’ve decided that when things don’t make sense in the real world the Brian Eno equivalent is money laundering. And based on R223’s information about fighting the regulation of cryptocurrencies I am doubling down on that answer.

by Anonymousreply 238July 24, 2024 4:43 PM

As usual Trump has to be very careful who he pisses off. He has a lifelong history of surrounding himself with people who are only devoted to him while being so benefits them. They see the inner workings of Trump and learn what a lowlife scumbag he is. Vance is just the type of duplicitous slimeball who would turn on Trump like a whirling Dervish if Trump does him wrong.

So no, he won't dump Vance.

by Anonymousreply 239July 24, 2024 5:43 PM

$100,000 in cryptocurrency. Riiiiiight

by Anonymousreply 240July 24, 2024 6:14 PM

[quote] In TOTALLY unrelated news Elon Musk just backed out of his $45M per month commitment to Donald stating he didn't support personality cults

Wrong.

Musk has created a super pak to donate to Trump rather than donate directly to the campaign. Donations to a campaign have certain limits. Donations to Super Pak have zero limits.

Try reading the first sentence of the Fortune magazine article instead of believing what Reddit interprets the Fortune magazine headline to mean.

by Anonymousreply 241July 24, 2024 6:18 PM

I just had that conversation with a coworker, r232. She didn’t know about the Thiel/Hulk Hogan/Gawker thing, so I told her.

Then the lightbulb went on and she gave me that “oh! It’s starting to make sense now!”

She was confused before, but now she sees what the plan is and went home to tell her daughters (because they were also confused about the shillbilly and the crypto connection).

by Anonymousreply 242July 24, 2024 6:27 PM

R233, EXACTLY.

The tech bros are interested in expanding & maintaining their interests globally, & they LOVE corrupt heads of state, because they obviously have tons of cash to throw at them, in order to bribe away, indiscriminately.

Americans need to learn about & remember that authoritarianism isn’t a concept that thrives on an island. It must proliferate globally, in order for it to be sustainable & for it to thrive.

by Anonymousreply 243July 24, 2024 6:53 PM

[quote]Vance is just the type of duplicitous slimeball who would turn on Trump like a whirling Dervish if Trump does him wrong.

Trump was Hitler, is not for the moment Hitler, but could easily be Hitler again. Neither Trump nor Vance can emerge from this squalid mutual dynamic looking good.

As has been observed for decades, every single issue and person in Trump's orbit is eventually degraded and damaged forever.

by Anonymousreply 244July 24, 2024 6:56 PM

If the articles in "Dems in disarray" The Atlantic are already pointing out the obvious, there's something going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245July 24, 2024 7:15 PM

Edgelord JD Vance, nice.

by Anonymousreply 246July 24, 2024 7:48 PM

We just lost a Harris voter. But if the victim dies it will be even again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247July 24, 2024 8:29 PM

I have lived in West Hollywood for over 30 years, and 5 houses down from me, there is an expensive duplex (each valued at $3 million) with a giant Trump sign in the window. It was very disappointing to see it here, but we've been getting influencers and middle eastern people buying all the property here.

by Anonymousreply 248July 24, 2024 9:16 PM

Don't worry, R248--the wasted vote of that asshole with the Trump sign will be the equivalent of pissing in the Pacific ocean when it comes to Harris taking California. But of course we all know that.

by Anonymousreply 249July 24, 2024 9:20 PM

R248: there are Reds among the Blue, and vice-versa. In 2022, in this area where the R primary is tantamount to election I was howled at entered the polling place on behalf of R candidates. I had to remind them "There may not be many Democrats here, but we [italic]do[/italic] exist!" One woman among them had the decency to say "Thank you for voting" as I passed her exiting.

by Anonymousreply 250July 24, 2024 10:15 PM

r226 I think I'm in love with you.

by Anonymousreply 251July 24, 2024 10:33 PM

It wouldn’t surprise me if Dump does it just to get the media’s attention back on himself.

by Anonymousreply 252July 24, 2024 10:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253July 24, 2024 11:15 PM

Paywalled R253. Bummer.

by Anonymousreply 254July 24, 2024 11:18 PM

I can't fathom paying for news that is readily available elsewhere completely free. Opinion pieces are not worth extra monthly bills. But yes r253 we've all known for a long time that Trump is deeply in cognitive decline. Now it's going to become even more obvious as he becomes more unhinged about his impending loss.

by Anonymousreply 255July 24, 2024 11:21 PM

Meh, r255, I believe in supporting good journalism.

The Atlantic has a long and storied history and I consider it worthy of my financial support via a subscription.

And r254, the Wayback Machine is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 256July 24, 2024 11:23 PM

The Atlantic can be a bit iffy when it comes to political coverage, since some of the opinion pieces are written by people who stoke the fires of culture wars and push some regressive (pre-2016 GOP) ideas but also there's good stuff such as the article R253 posted.

But, back to the topic of JD Vance.

by Anonymousreply 257July 24, 2024 11:28 PM

Trump picked ANOTHER closet-case.

by Anonymousreply 258July 24, 2024 11:32 PM

YAY! I hope it all comes out before he does.

by Anonymousreply 259July 24, 2024 11:40 PM

You just know that Trump will wear that ridiculously huge bandage on his ear for the rest of the campaign. I love that the assassination attempt is already a thing of the past.

by Anonymousreply 260July 24, 2024 11:49 PM

R260 That shooting seems like ages ago. Nobody really cared anyway, so we all quickly moved along. I really feel happy and hopeful for the first time in a while. Democracy is going to survive.

by Anonymousreply 261July 24, 2024 11:53 PM

r260 listening to right-wing pundits, you'd have thought "surviving" the assassination attempt was more noble than storming the beaches at Normandy.

by Anonymousreply 262July 24, 2024 11:54 PM

It seems like an easy dynamic for Harris to rebut every stupid thing they say, and focus on the future. Trump thinks it’s funny that he can’t pronounce her name. This may play well with MAGA but everyone else thinks he’s a dipshit. Same with lightweight JD.

by Anonymousreply 263July 24, 2024 11:55 PM

R263, one of the minor but most infuriating things about the GOP Convention last week was that on the first night of the convention everyone pronounced Kamala correctly but a memo must have gone out because everyone from Tuesday on used the mispronunciation.

by Anonymousreply 264July 24, 2024 11:59 PM

Just wait until they start referring to her more absurd pronunciations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265July 25, 2024 12:04 AM

The Atlantic is now such a better magazine than The New Yorker. I just wish the articles were a little more serious and in-depth. The New Yorker b3cane ridiculous with their very bad short stories starting with Tina brown. It used to be a fantastic repository of American short stories and it was ruined.

Atlantic is just current events and not short stories.

by Anonymousreply 266July 25, 2024 12:05 AM

Agreed. The Atlantic has retained their quality articles to date, while the New Yorker has pretty much gone to shit.

by Anonymousreply 267July 25, 2024 12:08 AM

I don’t think so haven’t you heard him go on about “those beautiful blue eyes”

by Anonymousreply 268July 25, 2024 12:13 AM

Couches when they see Vance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269July 25, 2024 1:12 AM

[quote] New Yorker has pretty much gone to shit.

Come come, R267. Not the longer pieces of journalism.

by Anonymousreply 270July 25, 2024 1:14 AM

Show us on the love seat where the bad man touched you.

by Anonymousreply 271July 25, 2024 1:15 AM

Vance did not fuck a couch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272July 25, 2024 1:21 AM

Somehow it's even funnier that a story about Vance fucking a couch would totally work, and nobody would have any problem believing it.

by Anonymousreply 273July 25, 2024 1:26 AM

The couch ran away!

by Anonymousreply 274July 25, 2024 1:27 AM

That couch was asking for it.

Dressed all provocative and shit.

by Anonymousreply 275July 25, 2024 1:49 AM

Wait I thought it was in his book? I saw an excerpt.

by Anonymousreply 276July 25, 2024 1:50 AM

R272, it’s too late now to cry about lies and unfair sexual innuendo, Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 277July 25, 2024 2:23 AM

I heard that Laura Bush killed a guy.

by Anonymousreply 278July 25, 2024 2:24 AM

In the right light, any slipcover becomes a negligee.

by Anonymousreply 279July 25, 2024 2:25 AM

R6, You are so very wrong. The "probable voters" category has been radically amended with KH.

by Anonymousreply 280July 25, 2024 2:30 AM

r250

[quote] I was howled at entered the polling place on behalf of R candidates.

Please explain. There's no electioneering allowed within so many feet of a polling place (varies by State).

by Anonymousreply 281July 25, 2024 2:32 AM

I'm starting to understand why some people keep their furniture covered in plastic.

by Anonymousreply 282July 25, 2024 2:39 AM

I'll bet Trump's MAGAts prefer that Vance fucked a couch over the thought that he has had relations with a brown woman.

by Anonymousreply 283July 25, 2024 3:39 AM

#Me2-seater

by Anonymousreply 284July 25, 2024 3:46 AM

I loved reading Dump picked him for his looks. Other than pretty gay eyes the moonface (although I see he's on a diet or Ozempic), the dumpy body and awful hair and style make him look like nothing more than an ordinary MAGA. Little Marco might've served the role better apart from the foam parties pics and Chippendale's dance routines.

by Anonymousreply 285July 25, 2024 3:47 AM

He looks like a puffy version of his sons.

by Anonymousreply 286July 25, 2024 3:53 AM

I honestly think Trump looked at him a said, “Yep, he looks like one of the yokels that come to my rallies” and gave him the job.

by Anonymousreply 287July 25, 2024 3:58 AM

He looks like what you'd get if Ron DeSantis and Matt Gaetz ass mated and had a butt baby.

by Anonymousreply 288July 25, 2024 4:01 AM

I think more like Kenny Rogers crossed with one of the Campbell Soup kids.

by Anonymousreply 289July 25, 2024 4:07 AM

You know he made sure Vance had a smaller cocklet than he does.

💯 that was one of his requirements.

Micropeen couch fucker.

by Anonymousreply 290July 25, 2024 4:13 AM

Can some explain the couch joke? Late to the party and wanna hear if there was a weird perversion there. I knew a guy that used to fuck his pillow in college.

by Anonymousreply 291July 25, 2024 4:17 AM

Same thing, R291, except Vance’s version is allegedly between two the two couch cushions.

by Anonymousreply 292July 25, 2024 4:23 AM

r291 It's an urban legend (about a couple of weeks old) which states that Vance mentions in his memoir that he used to fuck a rubber glove inserted into a couch while at college. No idea why it's taken off as it's so easily debunked.

Honestly, we libs can be so embarrassing sometimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293July 25, 2024 4:23 AM

R293, we libs think you suck your mother's clit real hard.

After near.ly ten years of baseless birther bullshit from Trump, good if this obvious lie gets some traction.

Fuck them.

And fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 294July 25, 2024 4:28 AM

r294 Sorry but no, I'm not going to spread fake news when I know for a fact it's fake news. I'm better than them. You can go fuck yourself, thank you very much.

And don't think I didn't see you WW'ing yourself seconds after posting that either, loser.

by Anonymousreply 295July 25, 2024 4:30 AM

Wait. You're telling me that sweaty little dough boy wasn't going to town on his meemaw's davenport, after all?

Well, shit. That was revolting but it was the only "fact" about him that remotely interesting. Back to being as interesting as a piece of cardboard.

by Anonymousreply 296July 25, 2024 4:42 AM

Trust me I didn't want it anyway

by Anonymousreply 297July 25, 2024 4:59 AM

Democrats aren’t embarrassing, R293. Dems are decent folks.

While I agree that spreading disinformation is WRONG, I notice that not one of us has truly hit below the belt regarding Vance.

Notice how no one here has made disparaging remarks about his mother?

Wanna know something? 100%, without question, if Vance were running as VP on the Dem side, the GOP would have placed his mom and her struggles with addiction front & center as a way to degrade Vance & put into question his competency.

I want to be clear: As a person who is also in recovery, I in no way hold that against him or his mother. I’m genuinely happy that she survived such an ordeal, and made it out of that special type of hell, as did he. No one should disparage either of them for what she went through, but the Republicans sure AF would have zero qualms about it, and that is evidenced by the way they have torn Hunter Biden to shreds, regardless of his bullshit laptop nothing burger.

The GOP is now a party without any modicum of grace or dignity. Can’t say the same for Democrats, fortunately.

by Anonymousreply 298July 25, 2024 5:25 AM

Kristi Noem really blew it.

by Anonymousreply 299July 25, 2024 5:47 AM

[QUOTE]Sorry but no, I'm not going to spread fake news when I know for a fact it's fake news. I'm better than them.

[QUOTE]I agree that spreading disinformation is WRONG, I notice that not one of us has truly hit below the belt regarding Vance.

Exactly. It's not hitting below the belt, unlike the GOP's own unsubstantiated, fabricated, and malicious accusations that made it all the way to Congressional hearings. Mayorkas, Hunter Biden, and Anthony Fauci (and all the others I'm leaving out) had their morality and ethics challenged on the basis of jack shit on a national stage that gave legitimacy to the GOP.

The thing about the story is that it's SO benign and about something that's so normative: young male horniness. I'm sure there are many true stories about young guy frottage with inanimate objects, sofas, blushes, and even Mike Lindell's "My Pillow" that are there for the yuks or really happened. AND it's not doomsday. And at least this story made JD out to be kinda decent. He was considerate enough to use a sterile surgical glove so as not to foul the furniture.

by Anonymousreply 300July 25, 2024 6:05 AM

R281: my polling place here in Florida is at a library. However, there is a walkway to get to the actual front doors that's as long as the statutory entrance limit (100 feet?). The electioneering gang was just off to the side of the end of the walkway at the parking lot, not actually blocking anyone.

by Anonymousreply 301July 25, 2024 6:54 AM

Trump is such a stable genius, always making the brilliant decision.

by Anonymousreply 302July 25, 2024 6:58 AM

[quote]Trump picked ANOTHER closet-case.

Will Vance Drop His Pants?

by Anonymousreply 303July 25, 2024 8:53 AM

Trump is damned if he drops Vance and damned if he doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 304July 25, 2024 10:09 AM

I think Trump has already had sufficient of his Vance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305July 25, 2024 11:25 AM

Trump and Vance shot their wad at that hideous self-congratulatory convention. Now with Biden out they are ion defense and have no mojo. The media doesn’t care about the old crazy man talking about Hannibal Lector at rallies.

by Anonymousreply 306July 25, 2024 11:52 AM

Don says he doesn't know about Project 2025........Oops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307July 25, 2024 1:43 PM

Of course he knows R307. It's written by some of his top past and present advisors who will be heavily involved in a future Dump administration if he's elected. They will probably be in key positions. Dump will do as much of it as he can during his term.

This is happening if Dump gets elected. Project 2025 have been very clear about how they are specifically coming for gays. It's very important that we get Kamala elected otherwise we're toast.

by Anonymousreply 308July 25, 2024 2:58 PM

Gee, Trump would never lie about something, would he?

by Anonymousreply 309July 25, 2024 3:19 PM

[Quote] Trump picked ANOTHER closet-case.

Trump will never choose an aggressive alpha male. He will always choose a man he feels comfortable dominating.

This is why alphas in his admin last five minutes. He needs to be more powerful than the men in his entourage. Since he’s actually rather womanly in courage and temperament, mercurial and vain, he needs wusses like Pence and Vance around him.

by Anonymousreply 310July 25, 2024 3:51 PM

[quote]Since he’s actually rather womanly in courage and temperament, mercurial and vain, he needs wusses like Pence and Vance around him.

How are courage, vanity, and mood swings gender-based? If they are, you’ve got it flipped because it’s usually the men who bail on their families when the responsibility gets to be too much for them. Like JD Vance’s dad. His Grandma was the courageous one in the family.

by Anonymousreply 311July 25, 2024 4:19 PM

Do we even know that the dad left? I mean, this guy has spun more stories and aliases than George Santos.

by Anonymousreply 312July 25, 2024 4:23 PM

Just how shitty was his speech?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313July 25, 2024 4:25 PM

JD Vance has gone full on fascist, which aligns with Thiel's paleo-Catholic ideology. Do they really think they're reaching anyone but the most extreme with this messaging?

by Anonymousreply 314July 25, 2024 4:32 PM

Can someone explain the Mountain Dew thing?

by Anonymousreply 315July 25, 2024 4:34 PM

White trash give their children Mountain Dew rather than milk to drink, because teeth are elitist.

Or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 316July 25, 2024 4:37 PM

R315 It's called "pandering". And it is so cringy.

Here's the equivalent from the absolute Queen of cringy pandering:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317July 25, 2024 4:40 PM

Vance will be dropped where everything else gets dropped at Mar-A-Lago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318July 25, 2024 4:47 PM

[quote]Can someone explain the Mountain Dew thing?

I think he was trying to prove that Democrats see everything as racist by picking a random activity that somehow could be construed as racist. If he had said, “I had purple drank” instead of Mountain Dew, maybe he would have gotten some laughs.

by Anonymousreply 319July 25, 2024 4:56 PM

Mountain Dew is stereotypically considered a "white trash" beverage. The weird part. I thought, was hed equated a lot of working class, low-skilled blue collar workers with racism as he kinds denied his own..

by Anonymousreply 320July 25, 2024 5:29 PM

Isn't Mountain Dew heavily caffeinated?

by Anonymousreply 321July 25, 2024 5:31 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 322July 25, 2024 5:34 PM

R321, so much so that it’s required to be labeled and sold in Britain as an energy drink.

by Anonymousreply 323July 25, 2024 5:49 PM

[Quote] How are courage, vanity, and mood swings gender-based?

🤡

by Anonymousreply 324July 25, 2024 6:37 PM

Elder Lez! Lmao “teeth are elitist”!

I’m gonna steal that line.

by Anonymousreply 325July 25, 2024 6:54 PM

[quote]Vance also said he doesn't care about Ukraine and he is against providing aid to them.

Stupid of him not to know that a lot of computer tech, car parts, and medical supplies come from Ukraine. Do the tech bros not want motherboards for their gear?

by Anonymousreply 326July 25, 2024 9:42 PM

The neon used in creating computer chips comes from Ukraine.

Control the chips control the world.

by Anonymousreply 327July 25, 2024 9:46 PM

R326 Also the largest grain producer in the entire Europe/Asia peninsula is Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 328July 25, 2024 9:48 PM

[quote]Mountain Dew heavily caffeinated?

Drinking soda instead of coffee is common practice in both of my Ohio families. My sister, a real hillbilly unlike Vance, drinks several a day. Not diet, though. Vance screwed himself with that, because admitting you drink diet soda is like saying you drink light beer, which Vance would know if he's actually a yokel and not just cosplaying one.

by Anonymousreply 329July 25, 2024 9:48 PM

[quote]Dump picked him for his looks. Other than pretty gay eyes the moonface (although I see he's on a diet or Ozempic), the dumpy body and awful hair and style make him look like nothing more than an ordinary MAGA.

That may be the look he was picked for- he's not the least bit threatening to his voting base and is marketed as folksy, like he's one of them. He's also less threatening to Lump, who is older, but has been memed as a ripped Rambo for years and doesn't want any obvious comparisons drawn while they're standing next to each other.

by Anonymousreply 330July 25, 2024 10:12 PM

Vance is smart but he’s Trump 2. So he brings nothing new to the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 331July 25, 2024 10:37 PM

I would guess that Vance cannot be replaced unless he could not go on because of medical reasons. The delegates have voted. The Repug convention is over.

Biden could be replaced because the Dem convention has not happened and the delegates have not officially voted yet.

by Anonymousreply 332July 25, 2024 11:12 PM

So, they're stuck with that voter repellent? Excellent.

by Anonymousreply 333July 25, 2024 11:14 PM

Now Trump can blame Vance when he loses. He’s always looking for a scapegoat.

by Anonymousreply 334July 25, 2024 11:16 PM

I want him to blame the Republican Party "It's [bold] all[/bold] rigged, no use in voting, my MAGAs!"

by Anonymousreply 335July 25, 2024 11:21 PM

When I used to work in commercials, they would make the talent drink the actual product. With Mountain Dew, the limit was 3, and after that they would start projectile vomiting from doing whatever extreme stunt they were doing, then slamming a whole can down.

by Anonymousreply 336July 25, 2024 11:22 PM

Russia, if you're listening, I hope you'll understand I wouldn't mind if Vance falls off a window.

by Anonymousreply 337July 25, 2024 11:53 PM

Since the Democrats dumped Biden, MAGA might decide it is a good idea to dump Trump and go with Vance.

by Anonymousreply 338July 25, 2024 11:54 PM

He doesn't have the charisma to lead the cult. He's just as evil but not a showman.

by Anonymousreply 339July 25, 2024 11:56 PM

Yes, r339. His rally in Middletown was lame AF. He was anxious, made stupid jokes, laughed awkwardly when he was met with confused silence and generally looked like a terrible Gong Show contestant.

by Anonymousreply 340July 26, 2024 12:06 AM

[quote]I would guess that Vance cannot be replaced unless he could not go on because of medical reasons.

I pray for JD’s good health, then because it’s a God shot that Trump, riding on his pink cloud, chose him instead of balancing the ticket with Nikki Haley or another more appealing candidate. I hope Kamala takes full advantage of it!

by Anonymousreply 341July 26, 2024 12:20 AM

R334 "Now Trump can blame Vance when he loses. He’s always looking for a scapegoat. "

Perhaps Trump's supporters can set up a gallows for him like they did for Pence?

by Anonymousreply 342July 26, 2024 1:30 AM

Says the federal government should step in to stop women from red states going to blue states to get abortions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343July 26, 2024 2:37 AM

The Dems must start harping on the fact that Trump is not in good health and Vance could very well be president if they are elected.

by Anonymousreply 344July 26, 2024 3:09 AM

"He gave me crabs, I gave him bed bugs."

by Anonymousreply 345July 26, 2024 6:56 AM

MAGA will turn on him. They like Dump’s personality, and Vance is a pathetic imitator with zero charisma.

by Anonymousreply 346July 26, 2024 10:35 AM

[quote]Now Trump can blame Vance when he loses. He’s always looking for a scapegoat.

By then, Trump will have had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 347July 26, 2024 10:53 AM

I really would like to see a Celebrity Death Match of negative charisma between JD Vance and Ron DeSantis. With Jeb Bush as the Chair Umpire.

by Anonymousreply 348July 26, 2024 1:45 PM

R343, Say what?

Juvenile Delinquent wants to expand enormously the Federal government to patrol buses and bus stations, trains and train stations, planes and airports, private vehicles, states' borders, bridges, boat travel,....?!

And compel all physicians, clinics, and hospitals to hand over women's medical files to the Federal government where newly-hired staff will isolate, locate, and FOLLOW FOR MONTHS all pregnant patients?

Plus, to encourage neighborhood and family "snitches"?

Is that what Juvenile Delinquent Vance wants?

Or like a typical Republican is he speaking extempor-ANUS-ly, without thinking?

by Anonymousreply 349July 26, 2024 1:48 PM

JD Vance makes DeSantis personable and compassionate. I'll give him that - it's an accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 350July 26, 2024 1:50 PM

He goes over like a lead balloon outside of Ohio. Same as DeSatan.

by Anonymousreply 351July 26, 2024 2:28 PM

[quote]He goes over like a lead balloon outside of Ohio.

He goes over like an even bigger lead balloon inside Ohio:

"Vance's net favorable rating of -16 points in his home region is larger than his -6 points on a national scale (28 percent favorable compared to 34 percent unfavorable)."

by Anonymousreply 352July 26, 2024 2:33 PM

He should.

by Anonymousreply 353July 26, 2024 2:34 PM

Only the best people!

by Anonymousreply 354July 26, 2024 2:45 PM

Couch raper

by Anonymousreply 355July 26, 2024 2:52 PM

Polymarket has a political futures contract on whether Sen. J.D. Vance will remain as Donald Trump’s running mate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356July 26, 2024 3:03 PM

Vance is fucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357July 26, 2024 5:34 PM

Dems have an easier path to victory if Vance is the VP candidate.

by Anonymousreply 358July 26, 2024 5:34 PM

" Flat as day- old Mountain Dew"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359July 26, 2024 5:39 PM

Dump narrowly escaped a bullet, but then immediately shot his campaign in the face by choosing kryptonite as his running mate? Maybe his desire to spend his last days lounging at Mar-A-Lago instead of being president superseded his narcissism. Or he’s just a senile idiot.

by Anonymousreply 360July 26, 2024 5:45 PM

Jesus Christ, I woke up today to his "dolphin woman" search. His judgment is this bad? And he doesn't know that highlighted words indicate search terms? SMH at the Yale Law School grad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361July 26, 2024 5:48 PM

But her emails.

by Anonymousreply 362July 26, 2024 5:59 PM

At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if they link him to some unsolved rapes or murders in Appalachia from 20+ years ago.

by Anonymousreply 363July 26, 2024 6:05 PM

What's the deal with all his name changes? I don't trust anyone who keeps changing their name.

by Anonymousreply 364July 26, 2024 6:10 PM

Vance is such a bad choice. Every single alternative would have been better including the Dakota Governor that killed her dog.

by Anonymousreply 365July 26, 2024 6:15 PM

The Tarot has revealed to me an ill-fated helicopter flight in JD’s near future.

by Anonymousreply 366July 26, 2024 6:15 PM

I hate when that happens

by Anonymousreply 367July 26, 2024 6:17 PM

R365 is a hateful person. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 368July 26, 2024 6:18 PM

At this point, even most Republicans must be saying privately "This guy seems [italic]really[/italic] weird!"

by Anonymousreply 369July 26, 2024 7:29 PM

And you people thought I was a national laughingstock!

by Anonymousreply 370July 26, 2024 7:34 PM

[quote] JD Vance makes DeSantis personable and compassionate. I'll give him that - it's an accomplishment.

I will need to she JD Vance in white stripper boots before I make any judgements about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371July 26, 2024 8:06 PM

😁

I just want to personally thank @JDVance for knocking me out of the position of the worst Donald Trump hire. I didn’t think it would happen but here we are and I am grateful. 🙏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372July 26, 2024 9:04 PM

Is it even possible for JD to drop out after the convention? He tried to clean up his cat lady comments by saying he meant Democrats are anti-children. So he made it even worse.

by Anonymousreply 373July 26, 2024 11:17 PM

The Mooch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374July 26, 2024 11:25 PM

Look at r372, r374

by Anonymousreply 375July 26, 2024 11:34 PM

So do we, r367.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376July 26, 2024 11:40 PM

Somebody---Kamala?---should ask Trump why he didn't choose Pence.

As the Butler shootings showed, the Secret Service cannot be depended on for security, and might even be blameworthy.

Pence on J6 suspected.

Joe's Commander detected.

by Anonymousreply 377July 26, 2024 11:52 PM

[quote]I don't trust anyone who keeps changing their name.

Fuck you, R364!

by Anonymousreply 378July 27, 2024 1:07 AM

He fucked equally trashy Dawn Davenport and now everyone thinks he fucked a couch.

by Anonymousreply 379July 27, 2024 3:52 AM

Who…is he?

by Anonymousreply 380July 27, 2024 4:02 AM

R379, there is not much good to say about Dawn Davenport.

But I will say this.

She wouldn't fuck J.D. Vance if she was suffocating and there was oxygen in his balls.

by Anonymousreply 381July 27, 2024 4:12 AM

Trump loses . No question . Minoritues, all women, LGBTQ, youth are all in!!! Mark my words

by Anonymousreply 382July 27, 2024 4:18 AM

I just saw Dump tell a crowd they only had to vote in this election and they wouldn't have to worry about more elections. Is he trying to pull a Putin?

by Anonymousreply 383July 27, 2024 5:05 AM

The JD Vance Halloween costume just dropped

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384July 27, 2024 5:14 AM

Trump's probably pissed at the tech bro contingent of Elon Musk, David Sacks, and Peter Thiel for pushing this guy

by Anonymousreply 385July 27, 2024 5:23 AM

I saw on here somewhere a poster say that he looks like a Chucky doll crossed with something else. I mention it to a friend and he agreed about Chucky but thought that his mother had to have been an Ewok!

by Anonymousreply 386July 27, 2024 5:27 AM

Poor Donald. Another stupid decision that shows he’s unfit to lead.

by Anonymousreply 387July 27, 2024 5:38 AM

This could be a winning campaign song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388July 27, 2024 6:23 AM

Gives "sleeping on the couch" a whole new meaning.

Okay, so that was a base falsehood about JD.

But searching for "women and dolphins"? Truth. 🐋😯

by Anonymousreply 389July 27, 2024 8:58 AM

There once was a candidate Vance,

Who lay on his couch without pants.

by Anonymousreply 390July 27, 2024 9:11 AM

He'll try to replace him with Nikki Haley, but something tells me she already said no.

by Anonymousreply 391July 27, 2024 9:16 AM

"I'll see your half-Indian, and raise you a FULL Indian!"

by Anonymousreply 392July 27, 2024 9:23 AM

Haley would suck trumps little cock to be VP and then president. She would turn nothing down including seconds.

by Anonymousreply 393July 27, 2024 9:36 AM

[quote]There once was a candidate Vance

[quote]Who lay on his couch without pants

He showed off his rump

Which preoccupied Trump

Who was distracted from tweeting more rants

by Anonymousreply 394July 27, 2024 9:37 AM

There really is no known thirst like Nikkkki Haley thirst

by Anonymousreply 395July 27, 2024 9:43 AM

Attended the Pride, blue lives didn't matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396July 27, 2024 11:46 AM

It's better than Vance dumping Trump. ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahah. School bus.

by Anonymousreply 397July 27, 2024 3:15 PM

Thankfully Trump has too much pride to dump Vance. At a certain point it will be too late because voting starts in September.

by Anonymousreply 398July 27, 2024 3:21 PM

[quote] He'll try to replace him with Nikki Haley, but something tells me she already said no.

DEI HIRE!

by Anonymousreply 399July 27, 2024 3:28 PM

Will they/he force Vance to step down, rather than drop him?

by Anonymousreply 400July 27, 2024 3:29 PM

Has he ever admitted he's made a mistake?

by Anonymousreply 401July 27, 2024 3:31 PM

That would look very, very bad for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 402July 27, 2024 3:33 PM

I think his MAGA base is crumbling. They hate the stink of losers.

by Anonymousreply 403July 27, 2024 3:35 PM

If Trump drops Vance, then he's admitting to voters that he made a poor choice on one of the most important decisions of his life. The VP is second in line to the presidency, and he whiffed? Why would voters trust his judgment about anything else?

by Anonymousreply 404July 27, 2024 3:50 PM

I doubt many people would want to step up to the ticket now - who wants to be third choice?

Mike Johnson would probably be the only one to do it. Or Mike Lindell. But who else would want to answer all the questions about Vance?

Vance is terrible, btw. Squandering every opportunity to try to put things right. The arrogance is off the charts. They’ve lost any sensible women voters.

by Anonymousreply 405July 27, 2024 3:53 PM

Trump will not drop Vance. Trump would not pile on a loyal man like JD who will shortly have a serious family emergency that will be more important than VP .

Trump would never fire him. Vance though might resign——maybe as a good man who is now a distraction to Trump.

It’s not going to get better. Some more stuff will be found. Let’s hope it drags on for a while.

by Anonymousreply 406July 27, 2024 3:58 PM

[quote]Or Mike Lindell.

Trump chooses Lindell as his VP.

Trump wins the election.

Trump dies while in office.

Next thing you know, the My Pillow Guy is the leader of the free world!

by Anonymousreply 407July 27, 2024 4:09 PM

Omg Mike Lindell 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Maybe Dump can convince his voters he’s actually JFK Jr.

by Anonymousreply 408July 27, 2024 4:36 PM

Vance? You in danger gurl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409July 27, 2024 4:45 PM

"Stuck With JD Vance" by Men Without Cats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410July 27, 2024 4:47 PM

“I had the worse week not you”

A TV debate between JD Vance and Kimberly C who just left her job as head of the USSS.

by Anonymousreply 411July 27, 2024 4:52 PM

Wait until they find out about the burnt monkey testicles...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412July 27, 2024 4:54 PM

“He hates the police but loves sofas”

The JD Vance story

by Anonymousreply 413July 27, 2024 4:56 PM

This guy is a gift that keeps on giving.Who vetted him? Hellen Keller?

by Anonymousreply 414July 27, 2024 4:58 PM

“ political vetting done Right—-an inside story”

By DJTjr and Fredo Trump”

by Anonymousreply 415July 27, 2024 4:59 PM

"I hate the police"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416July 27, 2024 5:21 PM

His secret is out. He’s into Lazy-Boys.

by Anonymousreply 417July 27, 2024 5:27 PM

[quote] JD Vance endorses Project 2025: “We really need to be really ruthless when it comes to the exercise of power... I don't think there's a compromise that we're gonna come with... Unless we overthrow them in some way, we're gonna keep losing”

Treasonous trashbilly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418July 27, 2024 5:27 PM

Just a couple weeks and Jimmy's not doing so well. The skeletons are tumbling out of the closet in slo-mo.

This proves that Trump is running the whole show, and the Republicans are just looking on passively in shock. But when you're desperate, you do crazy things. There is no Plan B.

by Anonymousreply 419July 27, 2024 5:32 PM

The hits just keep on comin'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420July 27, 2024 5:51 PM

JD Vance did not have sectional relations with that settee.

by Anonymousreply 421July 27, 2024 6:10 PM

We need a poll on how Vance will exit the race without further humiliating Daddy Trump. Health crisis? Car crash? Accidental poisoning?

by Anonymousreply 422July 27, 2024 6:23 PM

I heard that "they" put in Vance to replace Trump as their priority.

by Anonymousreply 423July 27, 2024 6:26 PM

Pete Buttigieg weighing in on the NY Times podcast:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424July 27, 2024 6:28 PM

Well, the far right traitors are equal opportunity haters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425July 27, 2024 7:04 PM

R422 - he should keep away from windows

by Anonymousreply 426July 27, 2024 7:10 PM

I already called it, Usha will divorce his ass like George Conway divorced the Cryptkeeper Kellyanne. She may even do it before the election.

by Anonymousreply 427July 27, 2024 8:50 PM

You beat me to it, r427!

I thought that same thing and why not pile on another wild (although justified) plot point to what is already a crazy election cycle?

by Anonymousreply 428July 27, 2024 9:03 PM

He makes Sarah Palin seem like a great pick.

by Anonymousreply 429July 27, 2024 10:56 PM

The Trump campaign is imploding around this guy. They don't have any story except his self-defenestration and Trump out there name calling.

Definitely has sad last days on speed dial. His collapse is complete... yeah, looking good.

by Anonymousreply 430July 27, 2024 11:20 PM

And I gotta say it again: this looks so fucking good on Jr.

Eric's probably getting boners again he's so #1 son.

by Anonymousreply 431July 27, 2024 11:21 PM

Pakman is on it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432July 27, 2024 11:25 PM

The thing is, when Trump (hopefully) loses, this fuckwit has nowhere to go except for some marginal neofascist think tank funded by dark money. He'll be an even bigger laughing stock than post-2009 Sarah Palin. One good thing that's coming out of him being the VP pick, other than lowering Trump's stock, is that people are looking into his connections with Thiel and Thiel's own neofascist bullshit. That guy's been allowed to fly under the radar for way too long.

by Anonymousreply 433July 27, 2024 11:26 PM

R433: there might be a market for his shitty tell-all book. He's supposedly a competent writer.

by Anonymousreply 434July 27, 2024 11:30 PM

Supposedly. Do we know that the book supposedly written by him is not, in fact, something that a ghostwriter hired by Thiel wrote?

by Anonymousreply 435July 27, 2024 11:41 PM

If all else fails and he's blotted his copybook in the U.S., he'll still be welcomed with open arms in Budapessssht.

by Anonymousreply 436July 27, 2024 11:47 PM

I think the "couch" business has turned him into a laughingstock, no?

by Anonymousreply 437July 27, 2024 11:57 PM

And it's so typical r437, because it seems the thing that is completely invented. he's an asshole, always has been an asshole, lies and cheats and has no real beliefs and is totally whoring for the biggest fucking liar in American politics. So I guess it's only fitting that a totally made up story about him might be the thing that destroys him.

by Anonymousreply 438July 28, 2024 12:33 AM

[quote] when Trump (hopefully) loses, this fuckwit has nowhere to go except for some marginal neofascist think tank funded by dark money

He'll still be senator from Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 439July 28, 2024 12:53 AM

No r439, it's back to Middletown for him! To his mamaw's shack with its cheap furniture and its guns in every sexy couch, and its women who wear uniforms and its men who wear overalls!

by Anonymousreply 440July 28, 2024 1:27 AM

Can he carry his seat to term? Or will he have to abort it to save the political life of the Senator?

by Anonymousreply 441July 28, 2024 1:29 AM

R438 It's a failed test of character when people discard their so-called moral values to appease someone whose values are an anathema to theirs, in order to gain prominence, position and power. The top names are Mike Pence, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Nikki Haley, and now JD Vance.

by Anonymousreply 442July 28, 2024 1:33 AM

Only for a couple of years based on his unfavorability rating in his own state. I think Ohio voters are going to be vomitously sick of him when they hear his "I hate the police" and other shit he said to attempt to curry favor from anyone who'd listen to his fat, charlatan ass.

I suspect Vance won't get a pass for his feminine makeup, unlike MAGAt's love for Trump’s heavy pancake makeup foundation.

by Anonymousreply 443July 28, 2024 1:33 AM

[quote] it's back to Middletown for him! To his mamaw's shack with its cheap furniture and its guns in every sexy couch, and its women who wear uniforms and its men who wear overalls!

Hardly.

According to Forbes the guy is worth at least 10 million. The book. The movie. He's an investor, a venture capitalist, and tight with Silicon Valley.

by Anonymousreply 444July 28, 2024 1:35 AM

He's not tight with Silicon Valley r444. Peter Thiel ordered a couple of cronies to give him jobs, maybe in return for fucking him. But I suspect those days are done.

I will say, he doesn't seem the type to blow all his money. He's a bitter little puritan, so he should be fine as far as the money goes.

by Anonymousreply 445July 28, 2024 1:40 AM

[quote]He's not tight with Silicon Valley [R444]. Peter Thiel ordered a couple of cronies to give him jobs, maybe in return for fucking him. But I suspect those days are done.

^ Wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446July 28, 2024 1:48 AM

oh, okay, he and Trump are beloved by the super rich. Yeah, no. As soon as his usefulness evaporates, when Kamala kicks both of their asses in November, he will be shoved down into the nearest couch cushions and never heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 447July 28, 2024 1:51 AM

The big billionaire sponsors are looking to Trump and JD Vance to help further legitimize crypto. What better way to launder money and avoid taxes than to keep most of one's billions in crypto.

by Anonymousreply 448July 28, 2024 1:52 AM

The rumor is that they aim to get Trump off the ticket, so Vance advances. At least, that was the idea in pushing Vance onto the ticket originally.

by Anonymousreply 449July 28, 2024 1:56 AM

I wish them all the best in that enterprise, R449.

by Anonymousreply 450July 28, 2024 1:57 AM

Well he's clearly beloved r449. They should totally go for that. I mean, if Peter Thiel likes him, everybody clearly most love him, amirite?

by Anonymousreply 451July 28, 2024 1:57 AM

Happening today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452July 28, 2024 1:58 AM

You totally are!

by Anonymousreply 453July 28, 2024 1:59 AM

Great, the only thing more popular than JD Vance is a crypto pitch!

by Anonymousreply 454July 28, 2024 2:00 AM

Wow! Vance sold his soul and sacrificed every inch of his humanity to seduce Trump. And now he’s being publickly humiliated and his career will soon be in ruins.

And all for what? Power? Fame? Money? I have my flaws but I can’t imagine any circumstance that I would abandon my soul in order to serve that fucking psychopath.

Trump has taken sadistic glee in humiliating those who are in thralled—or at least pretending to be—with him. Each one thinks he/she will be the special one to establish a true connection with Trump.

Now it’s Vance’s turn. Trump will dump him during the Dem convention to steal back the spotlight. Mark my words…that will be the timing.

by Anonymousreply 455July 28, 2024 2:07 AM

Thank you for finishing my limerick, r394!

👍👏👍👏👍👏👍

by Anonymousreply 456July 28, 2024 2:08 AM

I LOVE that it was Trump’s idiot sons who pushed Vance for VP.

by Anonymousreply 457July 28, 2024 2:13 AM

Who wouldn't put the campaign's fate into the hands of such great political minds?

by Anonymousreply 458July 28, 2024 2:15 AM

R394 & R456, I’ve decided to go ahead and renew my subscription thanks to you two. 😂

by Anonymousreply 459July 28, 2024 2:16 AM

[quote]Now it’s Vance’s turn. Trump will dump him during the Dem convention to steal back the spotlight. Mark my words…that will be the timing.

The problem is all that money.

Musk, Thiel and all the others. If Vance goes, their money goes too.

by Anonymousreply 460July 28, 2024 2:18 AM

Viv dumped him before he had a chance to ask her in the first place.

She may be fat but she isn't stupid. Except about men.

by Anonymousreply 461July 28, 2024 2:20 AM

Did this guy suddenly get more attractive as the video went on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462July 28, 2024 2:22 AM

R455: doing that would create chaos for Republicans. He'd be taking the party down on the self-torpedoed ship

by Anonymousreply 463July 28, 2024 2:33 AM

I wonder how the money situation now compares between the two campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 464July 28, 2024 2:43 AM

[quote]And all for what? Power? Fame? Money? I have my flaws but I can’t imagine any circumstance that I would abandon my soul in order to serve that fucking psychopath.

JD wrote in “Hillbilly Elegy” that he learned to be a chameleon to please the numerous men his mother hooked up with, so maybe it’s not so much that he abandoned his soul, but has a burning desire to gain the favor of men in power for his own survival and social advancement, since he never had a stable father figure in his life.

by Anonymousreply 465July 28, 2024 3:20 AM

= gay

by Anonymousreply 466July 28, 2024 3:21 AM

[quote] And all for what? Power? Fame? Money?

Reminds me of Jack McFarland on an episode pf W&G: "Do I do it for the glory? Do I do it for the money? Do I do it for the himbos waiting in front of my dressing room door? No, no, and... YES!!"

by Anonymousreply 467July 28, 2024 3:24 AM

Wasn't the rumor that whore Amber Rose spoke at the RNC and licked Trump's shitter because she's involved in some kind of crypto scam and wanted cover from a future Trump DOJ?

by Anonymousreply 468July 28, 2024 3:25 AM

Vance's wife was appalled at Trump and is not campaigning for hilm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469July 28, 2024 3:40 AM

^^now

by Anonymousreply 470July 28, 2024 3:41 AM

What a strange looking woman. Not really ugly or mannish. Sort of like Gollum?

by Anonymousreply 471July 28, 2024 4:02 AM

R465 and R466 - this tracks. Even moderately smart guys in that situation can learn to be opportunists but also learn to please without messing anything up. Politicians. I'm not sure that he's gay and we don't want him but there's no doubt he's thought about it. You don't grow up like that and don't think you need a man in your life like that. Boys in "standard" homes only see the one and then proceed with what they see in every other home. Publicly.

by Anonymousreply 472July 28, 2024 4:14 AM

Here’s an excerpt from a recent NYT article about Vance’s daddy issues:

[quote]As a child of a drug-addicted mother in southern Ohio, J.D. Vance learned how to accommodate a string of husbands and boyfriends she brought into his life.

[quote]Steve wore an earring, so a young J.D. pretended that earrings were cool, Mr. Vance wrote in his memoir. Then he got his own ear pierced. With Chip, an alcoholic police officer who viewed his earring as a sign of “girliness,” he pretended he loved police cars. With Ken, he tried to be a good brother to Ken’s two children, even though he knew that Ken would vanish by the following year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473July 28, 2024 4:37 AM

Could Cooper deliver North Carolina and maybe Georgia? It hurts giving up Shapiro's influence over the big Pennsylvania haul of EVs, but NC is pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 474July 28, 2024 4:40 AM

I think the top 3 are all good choice. Shapiro, Kelly and Cooper. All bring something to the table and with the a state or two. Most importantly all three can appeal to any other swing states in their own way.

by Anonymousreply 475July 28, 2024 4:54 AM

Serious question: (If anyone knows the answer)..... what if Trump suddenly dies? Are the Republicans forced to run with JD Vance at the top of the ticket?

by Anonymousreply 476July 28, 2024 5:49 AM

R476 Vance would not be allowed to automatically run for president; he’d be the presumptive nominee though. There still would be a nomination process for both president and VP, but obviously it would be a messy nightmare at this point.

by Anonymousreply 477July 28, 2024 6:01 AM

[quote] Peter Thiel ordered a couple of cronies to give him jobs, maybe in return for fucking him.

R445 Thiel can pay for the hottest gay whores in the world. It would be a sad kink indeed if Thiel wanted Vance instead of them.

by Anonymousreply 478July 28, 2024 7:31 AM

[quote] Trump has taken sadistic glee in humiliating those who are in thralled-or at least pretending to be--with him. Each one thinks he/she will be the special one to establish a true connection with Trump.

R455 Trump is incapable of establishing a human connection with anyone other than himself. Anyone who attempts to get close is a threat to his self-proclaimed power and must be degraded and exiled.

by Anonymousreply 479July 28, 2024 7:38 AM

From the article, Vance and his wife both seem like opportunistic chameleons.

by Anonymousreply 480July 28, 2024 10:39 AM

[quote]Serious question: (If anyone knows the answer)..... what if Trump suddenly dies?

There'll be dancing in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 481July 28, 2024 10:44 AM

R480 Indeed. They're both ambition vessels, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 482July 28, 2024 10:58 AM

As a blue collar guy reading his resume I see that he graduated, worked for a law firm briefly. Then suddenly he’s getting all of these venture capital jobs as favors to Thiel. His old boss says he didn’t work much. He starts his own venture capital business which invests in one company. That company goes bankrupt. Then Thiel buys him a Senate seat. He and the climber, chameleon wife also worked remotely quite a bit.

All of that enrages me tbh. Rewarded for failure. Lauded a successful entrepreneur when I would have picked a better investment in a lucky dip! Getting to work remotely when people like me were branded lazy and forced back to the office. The message seems to be that once you’re in the right circles money flies at you like you are Dorothy Zborniak in the “Grab that Dough” machine. You cannot lose. While the little guy/gal cannot win or catch a break without being called lazy, entitled, unpatriotic. Sigh.

And his new message is that elite education is the devil in drag. A Marxist indoctrination centre waiting to suck in little red necks. Hmmmm More like he doesn’t want the plebs to know how easy money comes when you know the right people. More like exceptions like him can only do this if the plebs stay ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 483July 28, 2024 11:11 AM

Vance seems an odd pick. All he seems to have going for him is he "made it good", but it's not like he started from nothing. I wonder do the working class really see him as one of them?

All he seems to be pushing is the pro-family stuff. It's taken the form of attacks -- eg on Harris for being a childless cat lady -- to pledges, such as tax cuts for parents or -- bizarrely -- more votes for parents on behalf of their children.

But it feels hollow. I don't believe he really means any of it; he's playing to the crowd and thinking "well, Republicans love family, so this will go down well. Surely?" He's been clear in the past about thinking Trump is an asshole and, despite what he says, I don't believe he's changed his mind on that front, he's just riding the wave for his political career. Not sure why he'd want to play to a crowd who in large parts would call him and his wife names for having an interracial marriage, too. He's also not particularly articulate. He seems to be going through the motions as opposed to speaking with true confidence and conviction.

Strange guy and not much threat to the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 484July 28, 2024 11:22 AM

The WSJ editorial board is joining the pile-on over Sen. JD VANCE’s (R-Ohio) comments about “childless cat ladies.”

In a tough piece posted last night, Paul Gigot and colleagues call the comment “the sort of smart-aleck crack that gets laughs in certain right-wing male precincts” but that “doesn’t play well with the millions of female voters, many of them Republican, who will decide the presidential race.”

They see the speed and breadth of the coverage of Vance’s remark as evidence “that this is Mr. Vance’s first big cultural impression, and not a good one.”

The editorial gives voice to what’s been a quiet murmur we’ve been hearing from some corners of the right all week: Does DONALD TRUMP regret picking Vance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485July 28, 2024 11:25 AM

Look. I want, and I hope they decide that Vance will stay put. He is areal blessing to the Dems. And what's more important, is that when Trump loses,hecan blame Vance for ruining everything. Trump always has to blame someone else for shit. Let's say he dumps Vance.Who would be dumb enough to want to be his running mate with 100 days or less to go? It would have to be someone already well known. De Santis?

by Anonymousreply 486July 28, 2024 11:37 AM

R486: Probably Doug Burgum, who was reportedly Trump's first choice before his two adult sons threw a fit and made him choose Peter Thiel's lab creation instead.

by Anonymousreply 487July 28, 2024 11:47 AM

Thiel's kept boy shows up uninvited to a NYE party and 8 weeks later falls from a balcony in the apt Thiel paid for. Nothing to see here. It's amazing what the media chooses to focus on.

14 yo Virginia Roberts works in a locker room at MAL and the next day she's jerking off Epstein. What did Trump have to say about this? We'll never know, no one has asked either one of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488July 28, 2024 12:13 PM

[quote]Rewarded for failure.

It means he's smaht!

by Anonymousreply 489July 28, 2024 12:21 PM

More current than ever: Richard Hofstadter's classic essay "The Paranoid Style in American Politics" is available to read in full, and for free, on the Harper's website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490July 28, 2024 12:21 PM

"Daddy always told us we're geniuses and we proved him right!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491July 28, 2024 2:02 PM

Sons likely pushed Vance to deflect from "But, Trump's old, too!" against Biden, along with all that tech money. Too bad Burgum couldn't compete with that.

by Anonymousreply 492July 28, 2024 2:14 PM

The trump sons fell in love with someone that sounded and acted exactly like them. And was looking a lot like the kind of man pops admires so much.

And while Vance is going couch up at the moment, if he had said a few less crazy things, and Biden had stayed in Fredo and Jr might have been right.

But vance did say a lot of crazy things and Biden did drop out

by Anonymousreply 493July 28, 2024 2:22 PM

ER480 I had that very same thought last night as I read about the wife and the emails between his trans friends they are opportunistic chameleons. They don't seem to have any real beliefs. Whatever gives them status and power is fine no matter what you have to do to get it. I can't imagine being horrified by Trump and then going on to campaign for him.

by Anonymousreply 494July 28, 2024 2:32 PM

All that black market Ozempic was for nothing. Unless he's planning to update his Scruff profile.

by Anonymousreply 495July 28, 2024 2:40 PM

From what I've read Vance was chosen because Trump thought he would be relatable to the younger generation. Like someone you can have a beer with.

by Anonymousreply 496July 28, 2024 2:46 PM

[quote]I can't imagine being horrified by Trump and then going on to campaign for him.

But you can imagine the nauseating validation that gives to one of Satan's main players on earth. "Still got it!", he thinks, with that gruesome self-loving grin.

Meanwhile there's an old saying about winning the world but losing your soul. I can only wonder how soon the Vances might have cause to reflect on that, if they can bear it.

by Anonymousreply 497July 28, 2024 2:48 PM

Yeah, his paleoconservative views are what the younger generation will relate to.

by Anonymousreply 498July 28, 2024 2:49 PM

It's like: "Let's find the worlds weirdest, most off-putting under-40. That will attract younger voters!"

by Anonymousreply 499July 28, 2024 2:50 PM

Vance was picked to be the 3rd and 4th go around of the trump presidency. Trump, as so many have pointed out, started to see a dead in the water Biden a sure win, and he was thinking not only 2024 but the years after.

And who knew that biden would drop out or that Harris would take off like a rocket ship. A month ago we were mostly an anti Harris forum.

Now she is the One, Biden is stepping aside, Vance becomes the worst VP pick in a long time.

Sometimes it pays to be lucky.

by Anonymousreply 500July 28, 2024 3:05 PM

He really hates that wife doesn’t he. The way he speaks about her is terrible. His latest gaffe is saying she’s not white but she’s a good mother. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 501July 28, 2024 3:11 PM

R496 This just proves how clueless Trump and his family are about the youth of this country. I'm sure Donald went to his sons for advice and they're like "yeah, JD's our guy."

by Anonymousreply 502July 28, 2024 3:12 PM

[quote] He really hates that wife doesn’t he.

He hates women in general.

by Anonymousreply 503July 28, 2024 3:14 PM

If Trump had picked Christie instead of Pence, Christie would have removed Trump and become President. We would be living in a different world.

by Anonymousreply 504July 28, 2024 3:14 PM

R501 it’s sounds crazy but he did pretty much say exactly that. Pretty much there is more of a quote.

He did not condemn the attacks on her by the racists that is very clear.

by Anonymousreply 505July 28, 2024 3:17 PM

[quote]He hates women in general.

He has serious hatred for his mother.

by Anonymousreply 506July 28, 2024 3:34 PM

R501 that’s impossible 🤣 is it true???

by Anonymousreply 507July 28, 2024 3:40 PM

Op, let’s hope not. I love a good cable news soap opera…it kills the boredom.

by Anonymousreply 508July 28, 2024 3:42 PM

“..I served them. I fought for them. I'm on the point of winning for them the greatest foothold they would ever have in this country. And they paid me back by…” oops!

Mrs. Iselin, er JD Vance

by Anonymousreply 509July 28, 2024 3:46 PM

R475 do keep up. It will be Shapiro or Walz….emphasis on the latter.

by Anonymousreply 510July 28, 2024 3:53 PM

R476 and R477 the RNC would choose the nominee(s). In that scenario they would not pick Vance but they would dump him. They would select Haley and a VP of her choosing.

by Anonymousreply 511July 28, 2024 3:55 PM

Harris should pick her VP “before” the Dem convention to steal some prime time coverage.

Trump should drop his VP “during” the Dem convention to steal some prime time coverage.

by Anonymousreply 512July 28, 2024 4:00 PM

Haley is a terrible candidate too. She's a flip-flopping opportunist just like Vance. She just happens to have some government experience and is a little more polished, but she's equally cringe.

by Anonymousreply 513July 28, 2024 4:00 PM

R483. That’s the issue with dipshits like him. The one and only reason we know of his existence derives from the fact that he went to Yale Law and fell in with the Amy Chua crowd….which set him on his “path to glory.” Yet he shits all over that very path. They handed him a silver platter, which at this point he denies ever existed. The worst kind of craven coward. He must hate himself, deeply.

by Anonymousreply 514July 28, 2024 4:01 PM

R513

Haley is also deeply unpopular

by Anonymousreply 515July 28, 2024 4:04 PM

[quote]He must hate himself, deeply.

This.

by Anonymousreply 516July 28, 2024 4:05 PM

JD and Usha are opportunistic sociopaths. See also Elise Stefanik and Josh Hawley.

by Anonymousreply 517July 28, 2024 4:07 PM

A psychiatrist would have a field day with this freak and his unresolved childhood issues. He's far too unstable to be in any type of leadership position.

by Anonymousreply 518July 28, 2024 4:07 PM

Walz is a firecracker. I never heard of him until last week but I think he nailed the "weird" description.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519July 28, 2024 4:09 PM

Harris/Whitmer’24

by Anonymousreply 520July 28, 2024 4:15 PM

R519, I love Walz. He's a great guy

by Anonymousreply 521July 28, 2024 4:52 PM

Peter Thiel's Manchurian candidate

by Anonymousreply 522July 28, 2024 4:53 PM

IIRC- He can't force him off the ticket. If he fell out a window or chose to resign, the GOP could hold a modified convention with several (3?) top delegates from each state who would all have to approve the choice. Also, state rules start to play a part. In 1972 when Eagleton was replaced there was no early voting and we had half the population. Early voting starts 9/20 in a couple of states. Democrats can play lawyering games too, time is not on his side.

by Anonymousreply 523July 28, 2024 5:36 PM

Inside the Peter Thiel network that promoted JD Vance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524July 28, 2024 5:56 PM

I think it would be the RNC members who'd vote on a replacement after the convention. If the ballots were already fixed, it'd be a directive to Republican electors in December.

by Anonymousreply 525July 28, 2024 5:58 PM

Sarafina Chitika, a spokeswoman for the Harris campaign, criticized Mr. Trump’s focus on Mr. Biden. “Tonight in Minnesota, a bitter, unhinged, 78-year-old convicted felon kept clinging to his lies about the 2020 election he lost being ‘rigged,’ rambled about his former opponent and golfing, and made excuses for why he’s afraid to debate Vice President Harris,” she said in a statement.

by Anonymousreply 526July 28, 2024 6:08 PM

R523 quit while you are behind. He can be replaced, and the various states would replace him on the ballot. It’s a ticket, not a two-part race. A Trump vote would not be negated. To the extent there were any issue, it would be settled on January 6, 2025. That’s what the 12th Amendment (and the Electoral Vote Reform act are there for. No different than if either part of the ticket died between Election Day and January 6.

by Anonymousreply 527July 28, 2024 6:13 PM

Of course Trump could kick him off the ticket. He could do it today.

“ Buddy it’s not your fault this is just not working. Not your fault it’s those bad libs but we need to make a change. You will be taken care of”

by Anonymousreply 528July 28, 2024 6:21 PM

Vance was, in theory, a good choice: he was supposed to be the young, crypto-friendly face of fascism. Anyone “safe” who would replace him would, presumably, be a non-entity who wouldn’t bring any energy to the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 529July 28, 2024 6:52 PM

Theory exited the room last Sunday, with Uncle Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 530July 28, 2024 6:59 PM

Anyone who has ever Googled JD Vance could have told you that he was a lousy choice. All the childless cat lady stuff and the "America's Hitler" stuff was out there on the web, it wasn't a secret

by Anonymousreply 531July 28, 2024 7:02 PM

Donnie and Eric couldn’t find the Google search feature🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 532July 28, 2024 7:04 PM

They did. They liked what they saw.

by Anonymousreply 533July 28, 2024 7:07 PM

They might have thought he meant America's Hitler as a compliment. Are we sure that he didn't?

by Anonymousreply 534July 28, 2024 7:08 PM

He may have been thinking of the very popular Hitler that is the 1940 Hitler. Very popular with the German people

What caused the loss of German support and lovedand all this new hate was the invasion of Russia.

Hitler did not become unpopular in Germany because of the camps and Jews and the rest it was because he started to lose. And lose big time.

by Anonymousreply 535July 28, 2024 7:32 PM

🎵 Vance can’t dance, but he’ll steal your money… 🎵

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536July 28, 2024 7:49 PM

Imagine if "Commie Kamala" was photographed wearing a t-shirt bearing the hammer and sickle and CCCP...

JFC, are almost all campaign funds being diverted to Trump's legal bills that they can't hire a couple of researchers? I suspect the Democrats have had the dirt on Vance for a quite a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537July 28, 2024 8:54 PM

According to Kimberly Guilfoyle, storming the beach of Normandy was to stop communism.

She said that at the RNC convention

by Anonymousreply 538July 28, 2024 8:54 PM

She's gone down more times than you can imagine, R538.

by Anonymousreply 539July 28, 2024 8:56 PM

Was that photo taken at some college gayling party, R537?

by Anonymousreply 540July 28, 2024 8:57 PM

R538 I have been in “discussions” with maga types that informed me that both Hitler and Stalin were left wingers. So stopping communism on June 6 is not as big a stretch as you might think for some of them.

No right wingers among that bunch all commies or socialists.. I once thought this might have been the most clueless most political clueless person I ever knew. That was pre DL.

by Anonymousreply 541July 28, 2024 9:10 PM

R537 100% he’ll either claim that his Communist phase was a “thought experiment,” or that he was pressured into it by one of his stepdads.

by Anonymousreply 542July 28, 2024 9:10 PM

Stepdads? Like in porn clip titles?

by Anonymousreply 543July 28, 2024 9:12 PM

R537 the Dems did a deep dive on ALL potential gop VP. They got a lot on Vance the press got the rest. I assume that lake has not been fished dry yet. At least I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 544July 28, 2024 9:20 PM

R544 I think MAGA has already shot its load on Kamala, while her side is doing time-release on Vance.

by Anonymousreply 545July 28, 2024 9:37 PM

Oh, Vance gurl, Kamala will cut a bitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546July 28, 2024 9:40 PM

Trump was shot at slightly over too weeks ago, Vance has been the nominee for two weeks. Harris has been the presumptive nominee for under a week. The Democratic convention is three weeks away.

We are in crazy times.

by Anonymousreply 547July 28, 2024 9:48 PM

[quote] Trump was shot at slightly over too weeks ago, Vance has been the nominee for two weeks.

Oh, I know. Remember all the triumphalism at the RNC convention? Boy, what a difference a week (or two) made...

by Anonymousreply 548July 28, 2024 9:50 PM

We are in truly historic times.

by Anonymousreply 549July 28, 2024 9:53 PM

Keep up the great work, JD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550July 28, 2024 9:56 PM

And ket me tell you that if this was the 59s 60s the 70s the 80s a sniper attack on a former and potential president would still be big news. Now it’s just a blip. Two weeks, time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 551July 28, 2024 9:58 PM

America never liked underachievers, R551.

by Anonymousreply 552July 28, 2024 10:00 PM

R551, we now know that violence doesn’t matter. That’s been one of the GOP’s big messages. Shootings? An attack on the Capitol? Never mind; keep it moving.

by Anonymousreply 553July 28, 2024 10:02 PM

[quote]According to Kimberly Guilfoyle, storming the beach of Normandy was to stop communism.

How embarrassing for Kimberly. She and Kamala Harris started out together in the same San Francisco DA office. Now one is about to be President, and the other got fired from Fox News and sucks Junior’s cocklet.

by Anonymousreply 554July 28, 2024 10:08 PM

^ And she paid good money to look like a 70 year old transsexual. There is justice sometimes!

by Anonymousreply 555July 28, 2024 10:12 PM

[quote] sha found the incursion on the Capitol and Trump’s role in it to be deeply disturbing,” the friend recalled. “She was generally appalled by Trump, from the moment of his first election.”

“First” election? He was only elected once.

by Anonymousreply 556July 28, 2024 10:55 PM

It's obvious that Republicans don't do any oppo research on their own candidates. Just look at what internet sleuths have found on JD in a couple of weeks. But oppo research does cost $$ and you have to pay for investigators. Hard to do when the Trump family has sucked all of the cash out of the party.

But I'm enjoying the clown show implosion. 🤡🤡🤡🤡💥💥💥💣💣💣🤣🤣🤣 Keep going kids, looking forward to the blue wave. 🌊

by Anonymousreply 557July 28, 2024 11:17 PM

It’s hard to care about Trump’s shooting when recent photos show his ear looks completely normal. Unlike his brain which is rapidly going rotten.

by Anonymousreply 558July 28, 2024 11:24 PM

[quote]And ket me tell you that if this was the 59s 60s the 70s the 80s a sniper attack on a former and potential president would still be big news. Now it’s just a blip

If this were the 50's,60's,70's, and 80's, the sniper would not have missed.

by Anonymousreply 559July 28, 2024 11:25 PM

Vance is such a terrible choice. I’m starting to wonder if Peter Thiel is a left-wing mastermind playing 4-D chess.

by Anonymousreply 560July 28, 2024 11:33 PM

I said it on a different thread. These neofascist tech bro billionaires don't operate in a normal reality. They fancy themselves "geniuses" and "disruptors" who know everything better than any expert in any field, which includes politics. They don't follow regular media, they mostly socialize with fellow techno fascists or are ensconced in online spaces where a lot of their adoring incel fanbois and asslickers shower them with praise over everything, because, they must be geniuses having made so much money.

by Anonymousreply 561July 28, 2024 11:44 PM

So far, the only republican pundit which I have seen on TV saying Vance was a smart choice for Trump, and makes a winning ticket is Ann Coulter.

That's what she said on Friday night on Dan Abrams' show. She also said she had no desire to vote for Trump or Biden this election - but now that Vance is on the ticket, she's voting for Trump. She doesn't think Trump or the GOP are panicking with Vance on the ticket, nor does she think Harris (and her VP choice) stand a chance of beating Trump / Vance.

by Anonymousreply 562July 28, 2024 11:44 PM

Fellow white supremacist must stick together, R562.

by Anonymousreply 563July 28, 2024 11:46 PM

Ann Coulter is so irrelevant. Who cares what that anorexic Nazi bitch thinks?

by Anonymousreply 564July 28, 2024 11:53 PM

R557 It's not that Republicans don't do proper vetting of the VP candidates, they just believe their faults are features rather than flaws.

by Anonymousreply 565July 29, 2024 12:04 AM

Bill Maher has also said Kamala won’t win so he and Ann can go to Denny’s together and order a bitter omelette for two.

by Anonymousreply 566July 29, 2024 12:08 AM

Bill Maher is a Libertarian Idiot Troll™ , but we already knew that.

by Anonymousreply 567July 29, 2024 12:10 AM

Bill Maher and Ann Coulter are so irrelevant and nobody cares what they think or wish to happen

by Anonymousreply 568July 29, 2024 12:11 AM

Bill Maher and Ann Coulter? Have I been teleported back to 2004 when those two were still relevant?

by Anonymousreply 569July 29, 2024 12:12 AM

From the people who know him best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570July 29, 2024 12:15 AM

Bill Maher hates Trump, but in recent tears he hates the woke people much more. If RFK Jr made it on the presidential ballot with the Libertarian Party, Maher would be his number one cheerleader.

by Anonymousreply 571July 29, 2024 12:19 AM

r547, You have just pointed out that we are living a news cycle life.

We have 14 weeks to go, 7 scandal cycles. 6 cycles until early voting.

That's only 84 days of actual campaign.

by Anonymousreply 572July 29, 2024 12:46 AM

Maher said Trump was going to lose in 2016...

by Anonymousreply 573July 29, 2024 1:16 AM

Weird that Coulter would praise Vance because she's one of the "childless cat ladies" that he hates so much. Maybe it's because she's friends with Vance's "benefactor" Peter Thiel 🤔

by Anonymousreply 574July 29, 2024 1:19 AM

Coulter predicted in 2018 that Harris would be the next President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575July 29, 2024 1:23 AM

Ann Coulter's flailing for relevancy is kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 576July 29, 2024 1:24 AM

Ugh, imagine what sex between Bill Maher and Ann Coulter would look like.....

by Anonymousreply 577July 29, 2024 1:43 AM

Like rubbing two pieces of sandpaper together?

by Anonymousreply 578July 29, 2024 1:51 AM

Ann snuggles Bill with her preying mantis legs.

by Anonymousreply 579July 29, 2024 1:53 AM

I grew up in New Jersey in the 80's and I know a couch fucker when I see one

Chelsea Handler.

by Anonymousreply 580July 29, 2024 8:32 AM

R559 thinks the shooters of the 50s thru 80s would not have missed, R559 has never shot at anyone at distance. Or close. :-)

We live in a country filled with cowardly draft dodgers not trained snipers

It’s not as easy as you think it is because of the movies you watch,

And this bozo was not a trained marine like Vance.

by Anonymousreply 581July 29, 2024 8:57 AM

[quote]Vance was chosen because Trump thought he would be relatable to the younger generation. Like someone you can have a beer with.

More like a Diet Moutain Dew.

by Anonymousreply 582July 29, 2024 9:25 AM

Trump sees himself as a modern day doctor evil saving the world trump style. He sees (no make that SAW) Vance as his Mini-Me .

I so would love to hear what trump is actually saying to friends today about JD

by Anonymousreply 583July 29, 2024 9:37 AM

R581 are you calling Trump a cowardly draft dodger?

by Anonymousreply 584July 29, 2024 10:19 AM

Sex between Bill Mahr and Ann Coulter would be like emptying the vacuum cleaner-lots of hair and dust in the air

by Anonymousreply 585July 29, 2024 10:25 AM

R584 the country is full of cowardly draft dodgers Trump just happens to be the most famous.

Draft dodgers , draft avoiders, those who would just never serve at all, are brothers in arms. Linked together arm in arm with Trump and Jr and Fredo and MTG and most of DL.

by Anonymousreply 586July 29, 2024 10:38 AM

R581, Vance wasn't trained for combat, he was a military journalist

by Anonymousreply 587July 29, 2024 3:45 PM

^ Thank you. It's not like he was fighting the Taliban. He was issuing press releases.

by Anonymousreply 588July 29, 2024 3:54 PM

The Congressman who represents Middletown, OH (a Dem) calls out JD Vance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589July 29, 2024 4:19 PM

[quote] he was a military journalist

In the sense that he was sending pictures of his ass to fellow soldiers, as his daily (de)briefing?

by Anonymousreply 590July 29, 2024 4:22 PM

He's a Republican MAGA fascist.

All Republicans are now.

And his and their doom is sealed.

by Anonymousreply 591July 29, 2024 4:25 PM

R587

Vance went thru USMC boot camp and was trained for combat just like any other Marine that goes thru boot camp.

Vance was not combat arms. Many Marines are not combat arms. But they have all been trained for combat. Vance was in a combat zone. I have no idea if he went out on missions or not. He was not under fire. And many never are. There are Marines that serve 30 years and were never under fire.

I do know that in my own stuff I never had an intel pog like Pete go out on a mission but 3 times I did have military press people with us. Lots of Marine and Army press folks end up on combat missions.

UnAmerican scum in the gop attacked the service record of Al Gore because he was an army press pogue in VN for a few months and was never under fire.

Some in the GOP will attack Pete B service because he was a remf intel pog who never saw combat.

Or they will attack the service of one Dem being mentioned for VP who spent 28 years in the national guard and never saw a minute of combat.

Most of those GOP scum will never have served a day in their life.

Try to be better than GOP scum.

by Anonymousreply 592July 29, 2024 4:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593July 29, 2024 4:42 PM

r513 = Jill Stein

by Anonymousreply 594July 29, 2024 5:00 PM

[quote]I so would love to hear what trump is actually saying to friends today about JD

Huh? Trump has NEVER HAD any friends!

by Anonymousreply 595July 29, 2024 5:10 PM

Lindz begged Trump not to pick Vance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596July 29, 2024 6:21 PM

Marco Rubio? Closeted gays need to stick together.

by Anonymousreply 597July 29, 2024 6:25 PM

I started a part 2 of this thread, if you're interested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598July 29, 2024 6:32 PM

and here

by Anonymousreply 599July 29, 2024 8:16 PM

we go.....

by Anonymousreply 600July 29, 2024 8:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!